Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Yea, that one.
    What was bad about it?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Is 40

2/10. Woof. Absolutely terrible movie. I don't think there was a single likeable character in it besides the youngest daughter. Every character was just...an awful person. I really wish I could scrub this one from my memory.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    This Is 40

2/10. Woof. Absolutely terrible movie. I don't think there was a single likeable character in it besides the youngest daughter. Every character was just...an awful person. I really wish I could scrub this one from my memory.
    I re-watched this recently and I still like it. It's a little long and could use a tighter edit, like most Apatow-directed movies, but there's so much funny shit in here. Albert Brooks as the mooching father steals basically every scene. While I'm not going to tell you the movie is structurally great in terms of plot and arc, I love these characters so I have a good time watching it.

I mean come on, this scene is funny. Even the way Paul Rudd comes up from behind and then slips away unnoticed when he sees what's happening.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a good movie but I definitely think that compared to Knocked Up it's not even close.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knocked Up was funny. This Is 40 was just not funny.

I think this was the first movie in which I didn't like Paul Rudd, so that's kind of impressive.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That probably means I'd like This Is 40

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOVE this is 40. It doesn't have a real story and it goes nowhere but God the dialog is so funny and so real to me.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Secret Headquarters (2022) starring Owen Wilson. Surprised how much I enjoyed this one. It was part superhero, part Spy Kids vibe with this. Good casting, fun story. Needed something like this to shut the brain off for a little bit.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw Jeepers Creepers Reborn last night. Wasn't too good. Wouldn't recommend it. It started off well but fell apart quickly. You know, I don't remember 2 and 3, though I know I've seen them.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the opening scene of JC Reborn, so maybe the first 15-20 minutes? After that it felt all downhill.

I rewatched 2 and 3 recently. I used to rate 2 pretty horribly, but giving it another try it wasn't as bad. The original blows away all others, but I'd say 3 is 2nd best, 2 is 3rd and we don't talk about Reborn existing.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, JC Reborn's opening was basically the opening from the first JC, but with older folks. Dee Wallace and I forget the guy's name. The rest of the movie looked like one of those Asylum rip off movies, with cheap effects and bad acting.

You're right the first was the best. I remember the 2nd being pretty bad though. If I recall the 3rd one had Meg Foster in it, which was a treat.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 is pretty limited because most of the movie is the kids trapped on the bus. I remember seeing it a first time when it was brand new and came away hating it and refusing to watch it again until last year when all four movies were available. The second watch improved my opinion by a little.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2, but never could give 3 a watch after hearing the kind of person the director was. Just made me feel icky.

Had no idea of Jeepers Creepers Reborn's existence though. After googling it, I'll just pretend it never happened.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to see Cocaine Bear. It's about a bear that does cocaine. *****.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    M3GAN - Oh my god, yes. It was everything I wanted/hoped. Good stupid fun.
    It was pretty enjoyable. I watched the unrated version last night, so no idea what was different but I'm guessing the kills were maybe just more violent. I've only seen Allison Williams in this and Get Out and I've enjoyed her in both roles.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M3GAN was cool. I would definitely check out a part 2.

Ant Man 3 was the shit. It had a very cool Star Wars meets Guardians vibe. If Kang is the new Thanos level villain I see nothing but good things moving forward. Shit I still have my action figure from the early 90's of Kang lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm going to see Cocaine Bear tonight at 7:45 in Raleigh.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wish I hadn't seen Cocaine Bear at 7:45 in Raleigh.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clerks 3

I love the view askewniverse but hoo boy this movie sucked. There were a few redeeming moments but not many.

3/10

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Clerks 3

Loved the first one, wasn't high on the second, this one is very good. The concept is money, Randall making a movie about his life after suffering a heart attack which turns out to be a spoof of the making of Clerks. Solid cameos and nods to the past. You might not have been a fan of some of the more recent movies in this universe but I would definitely go out of your way to watch this.
    @Fro

I watched this a 2nd time and I didn't like it as much as the first. I think when I first watched it I was caught up in the nostalgia and knowing this is one of if not the last in this universe. I still stand by people who are fans of these movies to check it out as I know people who think this is top 5 of Smith movies. The 2nd time around I was like damn this is a weird mix of a comedy and depression.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The only View Askew films I actually liked was Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back and Clerks II. I saw the Reboot from a couple of years ago and just wasn't a fan. Haven't seen Clerks III yet but I don't think I'll be going out of my way to watch it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The only View Askew films I actually liked was Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back and Clerks II. I saw the Reboot from a couple of years ago and just wasn't a fan. Haven't seen Clerks III yet but I don't think I'll be going out of my way to watch it.
    Yeah if you're not a big fan it won't do much for you especially if you haven't even seen the first one. Then again, if you liked Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back you might enjoy this one solely for the cameos.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I find myself saying "What the fuck is the internet?" far too often.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cocaine Bear - Not as good as expected but not total garbage, either. Too much human stuff that wasn't necessary. Mid.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always had one foot in one foot out when it comes to "monster movies" which I think this would fall under that category among others lol. This would've been a movie that if it came on SyFy or Comedy Central I might check it out. People actually paying to see this, shout out you!

I have a close friend who will literally go see anything and everything at the movie theater. Cocaine Bear, Ant Man, some Jesus movie that just came out, he saw all of those last Saturday. He spaced it out though, I think it was like the 11:30am, 4pm, and maybe a 9pm viewing experience.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have a close friend who will literally go see anything and everything at the movie theater. Cocaine Bear, Ant Man, some Jesus movie that just came out, he saw all of those last Saturday. He spaced it out though, I think it was like the 11:30am, 4pm, and maybe a 9pm viewing experience.
    That was me for a while. Especially when I was single. I'd just make a day out of being at the movies. Saw 4 movies in one day once. Our Idiot Brother, some shark movie, can't remember the other 2 It's fun, one my favorite things to do is go to the theater.

But yeah, Cocaine Bear was ok, probably 4 or 5 out of 10.

I saw Operation Fortune and RRR last weekend, both were really excellent, 9/10 for both.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cocaine Bear was no M3GAN.

'65' is the next one I've got my eye on...

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    65 looks good, as does Scream VI

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Wick 4 is awesome. Just goes the entire 3 hours. Donnie Yen is amazing as always. Not sure how John Wick 5 is gonna work though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently there was a longer cut of JW4 there but they trimmed it down. To be frank and it is my main critique, they could’ve cut more on the final product (and really should have), but it was still a very entertaining watch. Skarsgård was fantastic in his role and Yen is a blast. I’m a sucker for one-shot sequences and the example of that in this one was so good. This is just a ballet of violence.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Last Duel

I thought this movie was great. It was very immersive in terms of putting you into the world of medieval France, e.g. the relationship between King and Lord and subject, knights and squires, tax collectors, dowries, etc. In terms of set design and production value, it was top notch. Horses, hounds, castles .... all that good stuff from Game of Thrones, but with a better budget (or rather, a budget spread across 2.5 hours of film instead of 10 hours of film). Obviously they didn't need to spend their budget on CGI dragons in this case. This story is small in scope so they were able to give a well rounded glimpse into what life and government was like, as opposed to say Braveheart which had a medieval setting but was a really big story focused on a large scale war.

Casting wise, everyone was good. I'm not a big Adam Driver guy but he was very solid and the decision to put him in the 2nd lead and make Ben Affleck the Lord was smart. If this movie was Damon vs Affleck instead of Driver, it wouldn't have been as good. Affleck fit the Lord role well.

As for the story and script, it was pretty good. I'm not familiar with this story out of history so I came in not knowing what the result would be, and I was very invested by the time of climax (the duel). They got a little too on-the-nose with some of the dialogue in the third act, really hammering home the plight of women - about how it's easier to keep rape a secret as opposed to speaking your truth and getting fucked by society. It's not that I didn't like that moral of the story - I mean there's no denying that women have been royally butt fucked by society for the majority of human history and it's good to tell stories about it - it's just that the script got a little soft when they were trying to hammer this home IMO.

Overall though, very well done by the Good Will Hunting boys. I can imagine when this was in development, part of the appeal was "Game of Thrones is so popular so now's the time to strike with another medieval movie", and that's exactly what they did. It wasn't as financially successful as they hoped but as a Thrones/Ice & Fire fan, this definitely tickled the same itch.

Score: 8.2/10

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been on the fence about this movie. Sometimes I look at the cast and the previews and I'm like, does this work? But people have praised it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched I SEE YOU the other night. This was actually pretty fucking good if you ask me. I thought it was new, nope, 2019. A couple different stories going on and the way it all ties up was very good.

Knock At the Cabin. WEIRD. Very solid though. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I personally believe Dave Bautista has helped make big swoll dudes with tattoos be able to fit in to movies that aren't just action oriented. When you see a monster like The Rock, Cena, Batista they're usually going to be in a comedy, an action, or a mix of both. You don't really see a Batista in a horror/science fiction movie that isn't action based where he's not the Jason Voorhees. I loved this movie I would watch it again several times no doubt.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been on the fence about this movie. Sometimes I look at the cast and the previews and I'm like, does this work? But people have praised it.
    it is what you think it is. it's matt damon and ben affleck in the middle ages. it's damon vs driver in a duel. it's a story about an accused rape.

how do you like dem medieval apples?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    it is what you think it is. it's matt damon and ben affleck in the middle ages. it's damon vs driver in a duel. it's a story about an accused rape.

how do you like dem medieval apples?
    100% those 3 names are what is holding me back from watching it. I'm still trying to find a movie I like with Driver in it. People talk a lot of shit about these new Star Wars movies and many call him the one bright spot-I'm on the other side saying he's my #1 reason why I couldn't fully get into it. He looks like a goof. Imagine if we saw Darth Vader how he looked in Jedi it would've killed the franchise lol.

But I think I'm going to check this out, see what the hype from my friends is all about.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will watch it because Matt Damon is enough to intrigue me - he rarely disappoints. Driver hasn't thrilled me except in his SNL segment about Vermont. And Ben Affleck has made too many garbage flicks, but he rarely appears in good stuff like GWH and Argo.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a while since I rewatched The Rainmaker. Still hits.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Saw Super Mario Bros. today with kids and it was great.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to see that movie. My 12 year old doesn't give a shit about it but the older kids (18 and 21) they're all about it lol.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved John Wick Chapter 4. I was concerned about the run-time going in, but it was incredible. The cinematography is stunning - the use of water in a nightclub in Berlin, an overhead perspective of Wick’s explosive bursts of dragon’s breath ammunition and a sunrise are just some of the standouts. Basically everything that happens in Paris in the final hour is astounding.

Donnie Yen and Bill Skarsgård were fantastic characters and Ian McShane does his best work of the franchise. The studio will want a fifth movie and I hope Reeves and Stahelski resist the temptation. I’d take more Wick in a heartbeat but 4 provides a brilliant ending if this does indeed turn out to be the conclusion of Wick’s story. Too many franchises on film and TV outstay their welcome when they should go out on a high.

2 has been my favourite film of the series but I think 4 is going to overtake it now. I’ll enjoy rewatching it all again, but 4, 2, 3, 1 is my tentative order now.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% those 3 names are what is holding me back from watching it. I'm still trying to find a movie I like with Driver in it. People talk a lot of shit about these new Star Wars movies and many call him the one bright spot-I'm on the other side saying he's my #1 reason why I couldn't fully get into it. He looks like a goof. Imagine if we saw Darth Vader how he looked in Jedi it would've killed the franchise lol.

But I think I'm going to check this out, see what the hype from my friends is all about.
    This Is Where I Leave You is great and has Driver in it. He’s not very likable but it’s worth watching because everyone else is so good.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quite enjoyed Renfield. Good mix of comedy, horror and action. 6/7 from me

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a minute since I shut a movie off only 30 minutes into it. Immanence. Sounded interesting, it's on Showtime, and I tried but damn it was a little heavy on the Jesus talk and just a slow movie altogether. I looked up the movie online just to get some more info after the fact and apparently the majority thought it sucked too.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knock At the Cabin. WEIRD. Very solid though. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I personally believe Dave Bautista has helped make big swoll dudes with tattoos be able to fit in to movies that aren't just action oriented. When you see a monster like The Rock, Cena, Batista they're usually going to be in a comedy, an action, or a mix of both. You don't really see a Batista in a horror/science fiction movie that isn't action based where he's not the Jason Voorhees. I loved this movie I would watch it again several times no doubt.

I have to agree with you about Knock at the Cabin. The emotional horror involved was gripping/riveting, and Big Dave really carried it well. This is probably his best performance tp date. When I saw the genre I almost gave it a pass, but it was not nearly as gory as I feared it would have been, but it was still top notch.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Going to see Evil Dead Rise tonight...I've heard really good things about it so I'm sure I'll be disappointed.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Evil Dead Rise was excellent. Only negative thing was the movie theater ran out of mozzarella sticks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't fucking wait to go see this. I didn't go see the last one, I was super negative toward it and when I finally did watch it I think my hate was so strong I was like get this Cabin Fever bullshit off my tv lol. This one though, I haven't been this excited to see a movie since Watchmen.

SHAZAM
    -I liked this one. The first movie was real slick, felt like a Marvel movie. Same with this one. They had a nice mix of comedy, action, drama. Definitely recommend it. 7/10.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I prefer the serious approach in the Evil Dead franchise, rather than the comedy approach. I liked the Evil Dead remake and this new one.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer the serious approach in the Evil Dead franchise, rather than the comedy approach. I liked the Evil Dead remake and this new one.
    It has to have some type of B-movie slapstick to it or it's not Evil Dead. Even the first one has ridiculous scenes, maybe unintentionally lol.

Personally I just want a dude with a chainsaw hand.

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Whale (2022)

There is so much hype behind this movie and I liked Brendan Frasier in his earlier work, so I decided to spend a bit of money to rent it. I think it was very heartfelt, a sorrowful story, but I wish there were more to it. It seemed to lack something, perhaps it was too much intensity and intwining stories at one time? I loved the relationship between Charlie and his nurse/friend Liz. Also, the ending was really beautiful.

7/10

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Margaux

Imagine if Jigsaw was AI and he had control over a state of the art deathtrap for a house.

I won't lie, watched it solely because I think Madison Pettis is super hot. The movie was gorier than I expected. It was honestly one of the better horror movies I've seen of the modern age. 7/10

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Luca on D+ last night while the wife was having bookclub. It was cute and got me a little emotional at times. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super Mario Bros

10/10

We get to Flix and they're already showing clips of the old Supershow, commercials for the games back in the day. So already we're into it. 90+ minutes of great animation, definitely a family action/adventure type movie. I don't want to go in depth I'll just say even at the smallest level of being a Mario fan, this is still a must-see. Theater, streaming, physical, whatever path you take. The only negative thing I can is why didn't they attempt this 20 years ago? The tech was there but better late than never because it felt like we were never getting anything in my lifetime.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    10/10 huh? I've got maybe 4 or 5 movies in the history of movies that I'd give 10/10 lol. But I guess I'll have to watch it for myself to see.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched V/H/S Viral a couple days ago. Definitely one of the weakest in the franchise but there were some good elements in there. Some of the segments were good set ups with disappointing pay-offs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the first VHS movie and it was pretty good.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw Kids vs. Aliens on Shudder, apparently that's a spin off of a VHS segment, not sure which one.

Ok film, 6/10

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night I watched Master of the Flying Guillotine. IDK if we have any martial arts movie fans here but this one is an OG classic. So if you're into martial arts movies, especially the 60's-early 80's, this is a MUST SEE. It was one of the first "tournament" fighting movies.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Super Mario Bros

10/10

We get to Flix and they're already showing clips of the old Supershow, commercials for the games back in the day. So already we're into it. 90+ minutes of great animation, definitely a family action/adventure type movie. I don't want to go in depth I'll just say even at the smallest level of being a Mario fan, this is still a must-see. Theater, streaming, physical, whatever path you take. The only negative thing I can is why didn't they attempt this 20 years ago? The tech was there but better late than never because it felt like we were never getting anything in my lifetime.
    Seriously what took them so long? It was so good. I enjoyed the whole thing. I love how they incorporated 30 years of Nintendo but it was only the tip of the ice berg.

I want a Zelda movie so bad now. Plus the eventual crossovers and such.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Seriously what took them so long? It was so good. I enjoyed the whole thing. I love how they incorporated 30 years of Nintendo but it was only the tip of the ice berg.

I enjoyed this video about the potential future of the Nintendo Cinematic Universe now that Mario Bros was a huge success. There's no news in here, it's just speculation and thoughts:

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "80 for Brady"

This was available on the free Paramount+ subscription, so I thought it'd be fun something that we'd fall asleep to. Way better than just that. My wife described it best - "That was totally charming!" Ridiculous plot, but we could just feel the fun they were having making this movie together. I am so glad I watched it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do you have to know anything about American football to enjoy it? I know little about Tom Brady other than he plays American football.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    "80 for Brady"

This was available on the free Paramount+ subscription, so I thought it'd be fun something that we'd fall asleep to. Way better than just that. My wife described it best - "That was totally charming!" Ridiculous plot, but we could just feel the fun they were having making this movie together. I am so glad I watched it.
    I read it was based on a true story.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possession (1981) - Heard this recommended a couple of places as a pretty disturbing horror flick and saw it was on Shudder so we dialed it up. Pretentious artsy-fartsy bullshit? Maybe but it's also super intense, really well shot, haunting, thought provoking, unsettling, and everyone in it's a fucking weirdo. It's one that'll stick with you. I can see why it's divisive but I can also see why it's become a cult classic.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have to know anything about American football to enjoy it? I know little about Tom Brady other than he plays American football.

Surprisingly, no, you don't need to understand American football to enjoy it. If you understand the concept of a sporting event where the idea is to score more points than the other team, that's all you really need to know.

The acknowledgement at the end was that it was "inspired by a true story", and they included a picture of the real little old ladies who were dedicated Patriots fans. Inspired by implies they've taken more creative liberties than "based on", but it doesn't take anything away from the fun. Most of the movie is joy, fiction, and laughs, except of course for the fact that the Patriots completed the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history, and that friends really do enjoy the time they spend together.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching the new season of Beavis and Butt-head with my best friend last night and the preview for that Brady movie came on. I thought, man, these women either really love to act or they needed that one final payday before calling it quits on Earth. I'm glad someone watched it and enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post

Zelda is a property I'm shocked they haven't tried to do anything with in 35 years. Aside from the cartoon which wasn't even it's own thing it was part of Mario.

The one thing I hate about the MCU is the universe stuff. Now anytime we get a company with multiple properties we're thinking about crossovers, shared universes, etc. When it comes to Super Mario there's not a ton of crossover that I'm trying to see. If you're going to do that, let's do something like Battletoads/Double Dragon. I don't want to see a forced crossover with Super Mario and Metroid for example. Now if they want to do some shit like Punch Out and Mario is the ref and not really part of the story, I'm cool with that. Kind of like the movie, or like Wreck-It-Ralph where you had I think Zangief and Bowser in a scene together right? That was wild.

For now, I'm more interested in Super Mario 2 and if they're going the dream route.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zelda is a property I'm shocked they haven't tried to do anything with in 35 years. Aside from the cartoon which wasn't even it's own thing it was part of Mario.

The one thing I hate about the MCU is the universe stuff. Now anytime we get a company with multiple properties we're thinking about crossovers, shared universes, etc. When it comes to Super Mario there's not a ton of crossover that I'm trying to see. If you're going to do that, let's do something like Battletoads/Double Dragon. I don't want to see a forced crossover with Super Mario and Metroid for example. Now if they want to do some shit like Punch Out and Mario is the ref and not really part of the story, I'm cool with that. Kind of like the movie, or like Wreck-It-Ralph where you had I think Zangief and Bowser in a scene together right? That was wild.

For now, I'm more interested in Super Mario 2 and if they're going the dream route.
    Duuude, that is good booking right there. Just have this crazy adventure and wham, Mario’s snoozing away during the credits. Huge pop.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Duuude, that is good booking right there. Just have this crazy adventure and wham, Mario’s snoozing away during the credits. Huge pop.
    You're an idiot.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're an idiot.
    Hey, was your idea.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm waiting for a Twisted Metal movie.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Hey, was your idea.

I wish it was my idea I wouldn't be posting here...then again that money would probably dry up within a few years back then.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting for a Twisted Metal movie.
    They have a show coming. Samoa Joe is Sweet Tooth. Well the body at least not the voice.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if I wasn't a huge Turok 64 fan I would've passed on this for the time being. Plex had it, so why not lol.

This movie felt like about 45 minutes were removed that gave some more detail and depth to what I was watching. Adam Driver did good I'm not super high on him but he delivered here. I like the premise-they're from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away-65 million Earth years to be exact. Landing on Earth during the dinosaurs. Intergalactic weaponry. Mid tier action movie, again it felt like they cut out quite a bit and maybe I'm wrong. 6/10. Could've/Should've been better.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking forward to that but saw it was getting a very lukewarm response so I passed.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect Blue - Holy shit this movie is awesome.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm thinking of watching the John Wick trilogy tonight, any good? Think I may have seen the first one before, but don't remember much about it so I'll rewatch.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking of watching the John Wick trilogy tonight, any good? Think I may have seen the first one before, but don't remember much about it so I'll rewatch.
    I never personally cared for the series. Granted, I might have only watched the first one. I'm not the biggest fan of revenge action shooters that are big on violence and small on plot. Having said that, I loved the first Taken (the sequels stunk). Taken at least had a plot though - he was doing all the killing to try and get his daughter back. John Wick was purely revenge killings from what I recall.

Anyway, the series isn't for me.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quite enjoyed the Taken series, though honestly only remember the first one as I've seen that multiple times.

My parents saw John Wick 4 and my mom loved it and my dad hated it, saying it was violence for violence's sake.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking forward to that but saw it was getting a very lukewarm response so I passed.
    I will say this....It's a movie I would definitely tell people if you have 90 minutes, check out for yourself. It would be a movie that if I had cable and it showed up on FX, I would watch it again. I feel like there's going to be a lot of deleted scenes on the DVD/Blu ray release. Definitely check it out if you were looking forward to it. Even if you wait until it's at Redbox or streaming whatever you use.

Perfect Blue - Holy shit this movie is awesome.
    Always been on my bucket list and now that I'm reading it's what inspired Black Swan, I'm going to check this out soon.

Quite enjoyed the Taken series, though honestly only remember the first one as I've seen that multiple times.

My parents saw John Wick 4 and my mom loved it and my dad hated it, saying it was violence for violence's sake.
    I quoted you just to point that bold part out lol. My stepdad cracks up with how much my mom loves John Wick movies. I tried to tell him when we were kids it wasn't our dad but our mom who would be renting the action movies like Predator, Bloodsport, taking us to horror movies like Freddy's Dead or sports movies like Rocky 5. Shit my grandma is who took us to the first Ninja Turtles movie and she's also a huge wrestling fan lol. 80+ and watches wrestling.....

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the new Peter Pan & Wendy on D+. Went in with low expectations. Don't know how it compares to the animated flick 'cuz I haven't seen it or the original book 'cuz I haven't read it so maybe they made changes that'll piss other people off but I quite enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnan - a subtitled French adaptation of a story that has been put on the big screen many times. I saw this in a small independent cinema last night and it’s a shame that it isn’t getting a wider release. Great cast, lovely cinematography and score, and some good old fashioned swashbuckling action. Looking forward to part two in December.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scream 6

I dug it. Scream is a solid franchise. The cast works really well and it was definitely more brutal and physical than most of the previous films. 7/10.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evil Dead Rise

I'm a huge Evil Dead fan. I was skeptical going in to this one as the 2013 Evil Dead was a little too Cabin Fever compared to Evil Dead, which is ironic. Rise lived up to the hype I was reading/hearing, that it was very very good. I would say out of all the horror movies I've watched in the last 10 years-which aren't many-this is in the top 3 easily. 9/10.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's an accurate rating. My one friend said the only parts he didn't like were the beginning and ending, but those were my favorite parts

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an accurate rating. My one friend said the only parts he didn't like were the beginning and ending, but those were my favorite parts
    Modern horror doesn't do much for me. Idk if it's the lack of practical effects, too much CGI blood that looks like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, maybe we were spoiled. Even if this wasn't Evil Dead I would still give it a 9/10. 10/10 would've been Ash Williams in the physical.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guardians of the Galaxy 3

I saw it last night with two of my kids. My youngest daughter, she just saw it this past weekend and she's the last to be all about seeing movies in general. For her to want to see it again sold me on it. My oldest son isn't a big movie goer but the Guardians movies are his favorite. This is a great movie. It has the comedy but there are so many layers beyond the expected tongue in cheek approach to comic book movies Gunn takes I was seriously impressed.

9/10. Maybe 10/10 if we're just talking comic book movies. I'm not 100% sold that we'll never see some of these characters down the road-played by the same people. Star Lord could be what Disney wanted those Han Solo movies to be if they really wanted to.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    “Fast X” was amazing.

Waiting two years for part two (of three, allegedly) is going to suck…

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Momoa was the best part of the movie. The rest of it felt like a tired rehash. Ritchson is a large-ass human being. Properly jacked.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Momoa definitely was the star of the show, he channeled his best Heath Ledger-Joker impression.

Cena continues to impress as an actor, Ritchson is indeed massive and the Theron-Rodriguez fight scene was pretty epic.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2001 A Space Odyssey

Honestly...I need to watch it again. I really have no clue what it was about. The score was incredible, visually it was wild, but yeah it's one of those movies like Vanilla Sky where I had to watch it 2-3 times. Maybe I was distracted it was late at night. With that said, the fact I'm willing to watch it a few more times means it was at least good enough to warrant that.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    2001 A Space Odyssey

Honestly...I need to watch it again. I really have no clue what it was about. The score was incredible, visually it was wild, but yeah it's one of those movies like Vanilla Sky where I had to watch it 2-3 times. Maybe I was distracted it was late at night. With that said, the fact I'm willing to watch it a few more times means it was at least good enough to warrant that.
    It's a bit boring of a film, but the score and visuals are stunning. It looks and sounds better than more recent films.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit boring of a film, but the score and visuals are stunning. It looks and sounds better than more recent films.
    I should've known when the first 10 minutes was just a blank screen playing Ric Flair's music.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Boogeyman (2023) 4/10: similar premise to Lights Out, Darkness Falls etc. Nothing new

Super Mario Bros. 3/10: ugh

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glorious - Shutter Original about a dude who encounters a Lovecraftian demi-god in a rest-stop bathroom. It's pretty good fun for a low budget piece of work. J.K. Simmons is the voice of the god, so that's pretty cool. it's not going to change your life but it's well worth checking out in my opinion.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Glorious - Shutter Original about a dude who encounters a Lovecraftian demi-god in a rest-stop bathroom. It's pretty good fun for a low budget piece of work. J.K. Simmons is the voice of the god, so that's pretty cool. it's not going to change your life but it's well worth checking out in my opinion.
    Watched this tonight. Weird little film but enjoyable. Nice to see Jason stackhouse

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Boogeyman (2023) 4/10: similar premise to Lights Out, Darkness Falls etc. Nothing new

Super Mario Bros. 3/10: ugh
    OK at first I was like, damn 4/10 for the 100th movie called "The Boogeyman" in the last 20 years? Plus it's a Stephen King "movie".

Then I saw your Mario rating and now I know I can never take your rating scale to heart. 3/10? I think you meant 30/10.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was thinking, what if WWE's Boogeyman starred in this movie? It would be @mth's favorite movie of all time.

Just didn't care for Mario. I only gave it a 3/10 cause Jack Black is just phenomenal.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking, what if WWE's Boogeyman starred in this movie? It would be @mth's favorite movie of all time.

Just didn't care for Mario. I only gave it a 3/10 cause Jack Black is just phenomenal.
    Damn so you might've only gave it like a 1/10??? Boo this man!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that WWE never made a Boogeyman flick with him back when they were making movies is a damn shame.