0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I forgot about "Candyman".

No Tony Todd, no sale.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh shit I forgot he did Candyman. That was pretty good. Tony Todd is in Candyman 2021

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He produced Candyman. He didn't direct it

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I did not see Get out but I saw Us and loved it. Heard nope was kind of the shits. I thought the Candyman film was meh.
    I liked the last 15 minutes of Candyman, the rest of the movie was frustrating. Plus the main actor is such a boring and wooden actor. IMO

LOVED the end credits tho. That was 10/10

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Wooden actor"?

Don't remember Elijah Wood being the star..

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think he was referring to Natalie. You know when they found her body, they said "hey is that drift Wood?"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then again, could have been Evan Rachel Wood.
    Speaking of, I do believe it’s time to wake her up.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Come to think of it, he was referring to Ed Wood. Known for directing of course, but this may have been his first acting role.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could it have been James Woods? Mega actor, but also known for his small parts on Simpsons and Family Guy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Orphan: First Kill' was definitely better than I thought it would be.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What rating did you think it would be, and what rating would you give it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    'Orphan: First Kill' was definitely better than I thought it would be.
    I've seen surprisingly good reviews as well. Maybe it just surprises me because I didn't LOVE the first one but it was ok. If this one is better I'll give it a watch.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched The Munsters. I like some of Rob Zombies films and this one had good performances all around but there wasn't a story. It was just a 90 min prequel episode of how they got to Mockingbird Lane.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched The Munsters. I like some of Rob Zombies films and this one had good performances all around but there wasn't a story. It was just a 90 min prequel episode of how they got to Mockingbird Lane.
    Ok I'm confused. There wasn't a story but you say it's a prequel to how they got to the house? So wouldn't that be the story? lol

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Ok I'm confused. There wasn't a story but you say it's a prequel to how they got to the house? So wouldn't that be the story? lol
    Detective Nash, reporting for dooty, sir.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen surprisingly good reviews as well. Maybe it just surprises me because I didn't LOVE the first one but it was ok. If this one is better I'll give it a watch.
    The story with this one was more entertaining. Would recommend.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The story with this one was more entertaining. Would recommend.
    I'll probably give it a watch at some point. October is so full of horror releases it may take me a bit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Green Room

I heard this was really good, Patrick Stewart talked about it being a difficult role for him in terms of playing the character. Never seen him as a bad guy before.

5/10. Mark Webber is always a solid go to but haven't seen him in really anything since Scott Pilgrim. RIP to Anton Yelchin who died way too young. It just never got out of 2nd gear. I was waiting for something special.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I really wasn't impressed with that movie, either. I recall some folks on here giving me flack for thinking it was mediocre.

Had a couple afternoons to myself so I dialed up a couple flicks:

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie
    I watched a handful of episodes of the new show awhile back to test it out and it was decent enough. So I figured I'd give the movie a go. It was also decent enough. I really like the animation/style and there was some really good character/emotional stuff. I don't think the humor is the best, though, I really only chucked at a couple of things.

The Peanut Butter Falcon
    Had been hesitating to watch because Shia LaBeouf is...well, Shia LaBeouf...but I put that aside because I heard it was good. And it was. It's cute, predictable, wholesome, and corny and a bit illogical at times but it's kind of like a folktale of sorts so its ok. The dude that played Zack was great and very funny and knowing his true story makes it all the more enjoyable watching him. A couple of wrestling legends have small roles which was cool. Nice feel-good flick.
    Last edited by mth; October 6th, 2022 at 8:02 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Yeah, I really wasn't impressed with that movie, either. I recall some folks on here giving me flack for thinking it was mediocre.

Had a couple afternoons to myself so I dialed up a couple flicks:

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie
    I watched a handful of episodes of the new show awhile back to test it out and it was decent enough. So I figured I'd give the movie a go. It was also decent enough. I really like the animation/style and there was some really good character/emotional stuff. I don't think the humor is the best, though, I really only chucked at a couple of things.

The Peanut Butter Falcon
    Had been hesitating to watch because Shia LaBeouf is...well, Shia LaBeouf...but I put that aside because I heard it was good. And it was. It's cute, predictable, wholesome, and corny and a bit illogical at times but it's kind of like a folktale of sorts so its ok. The dude that played Zack was great and very funny and knowing his true story makes it all the more enjoyable watching him. A couple of wrestling legends have small roles which was cool. Nice feel-good flick.
    Yeah I really liked Peanut Butter Falcon. Shia LaBeouf is a pretty fuckin good actor and he delivered on this one. The whole movie was very cool, loved the cameos especially the ref.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hellraiser (2022) - Thought this started off pretty good, but then just fell apart. I saw ratings such as 8 or 9 out of 10 so I was curious, but I just didn't see 8 or 9 out of 10. Maybe it's just my disgust for remakes of perfectly fine movies.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Hellraiser (2022) - Thought this started off pretty good, but then just fell apart. I saw ratings such as 8 or 9 out of 10 so I was curious, but I just didn't see 8 or 9 out of 10. Maybe it's just my disgust for remakes of perfectly fine movies.
    Remakes/reboots have their place. For one, we need to give leeway to movies that are adaptations from novels such as Hellraiser. Especially when Clive Barker is part of the process, the guy who wrote the book. Then you have to look at how many movies we've seen that we didn't know at the time were remakes/reboots. When I was 8 and saw the 1990 night of the Living Dead movie I had no clue about any other Romero movies including the original. To this day I think the 1990 is superior to the original--and Romero plus his kids made this one so that helps.

Then you look at comic book properties like Spiderman. Some will argue the newest version is far superior to what we saw 20 years ago. Very similar to the Night of the Living Dead scenario. I'm sure plenty of people will disagree that the remake was better. I'd even go as far to say Snyder's Dawn of the Dead was better than Romero's. Day of the Dead remake not so much.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that said....Hellraiser 2022 was cool. I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise, this #11 for those counting. 6/10.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nosferatu (1922) 9 out of 10 stars

Saw this last night in a theater, with a live orchestra. What a surreal experience. Obviously scene clips of Nosferatu, as I'm sure most of us have, but never the whole thing. What a film though. Quite impressive stuff as it's from 1922. I'd give anything to live through the time when film and cinema was a new thing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nosferatu (1922) 9 out of 10 stars

Saw this last night in a theater, with a live orchestra. What a surreal experience. Obviously scene clips of Nosferatu, as I'm sure most of us have, but never the whole thing. What a film though. Quite impressive stuff as it's from 1922. I'd give anything to live through the time when film and cinema was a new thing.
    That would've been incredible to go see a live orchestra. There are so many wild stories about that movie. For one, we were never supposed to see it. Imagine if someone made the movie Carrie without Stephen King's authorization. Same scenario as this was obviously a Dracula inspired movie and Bram Stoker didn't sign off on it. I can't remember how it was able to be released eventually.

Also, and I could be 100% wrong about this as I'm just thinking off the top---wasn't there something about the music? Like it didn't have music and then later on music was added? I'll have to read up more but I know you're a big horror fan so maybe you know. Again, I might be thinking of a totally different movie from that time period.

IDK if I'd want to be around back then it was a pretty bad time in the world lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well shit I guess I was right about the score, sort of.

The original score was composed by Hans Erdmann and performed by an orchestra at the film's Berlin premiere. However, most of the score has been lost, and what remains is only a partial adapted suite.[1] Thus, throughout the history of Nosferatu screenings, many composers and musicians have written or improvised their own soundtrack to accompany the film. For example, James Bernard, composer of the soundtracks of many Hammer horror films in the late 1950s and 1960s, wrote a score for a reissue.[1][22] Bernard's score was released in 1997 by Silva Screen Records. A version of Erdmann's original score reconstructed by musicologists and composers Gillian Anderson and James Kessler was released in 1995 by BMG Classics, with several missing sequences composed anew, in an attempt to match Erdmann's style. An earlier reconstruction by German composer Berndt Heller has many additions of unrelated classical works

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    After seeing Nosferatu yesterday and Creature from the Black Lagoon a few weeks ago, I'm hoping to check out more of the classic horror films. I see Peacock has quite a lot of them. I'd love to see Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deliverance

Another movie that has high praise that I've never seen. It was a good movie. For that time it was probably incredible but Idk, I guess I was expecting something better. Still good. 7/10.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ah yes that's a good classic. Been ten years or so that I last seen it, come to think of it a lot of the cast died recently, Burt Reynolds and Ned Beatty both RIP. Jon Voigt has to be up there in age.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Nosferatu. I missed the chance to see it with a live orchestra a few years ago so I'm hoping it comes back around here like that again.
    @Donald, you've got to get on the classic Universal Monsters flicks. I recommend Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, and The Wolfman at the very least.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrath of Man (2021)

How far would a crime lord go to exact revenge on those who killed his son? That's the question at the heart of this movie. The plot was kind of convoluted at times but the action scenes were pretty cool. Jason Statham was the main character and did Jason Statham things. The rest of the cast was filled with recognizable actors. I'd give it a solid 6/10. It wasn't great but it held my attention enough that I didn't shut it off.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes that's a good classic. Been ten years or so that I last seen it, come to think of it a lot of the cast died recently, Burt Reynolds and Ned Beatty both RIP. Jon Voigt has to be up there in age.
    The scene w/ Reynolds breaking his leg and the meat hanging out still urks me to this day.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ritual - On Netflix. Bunch of dudes go hiking in Sweden and then things get spooky. It was pretty darn good. Some cool and effective visuals, the forest setting was creepy/ominous, and the story was decent. Worth checking out if you have the 'Flix.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Ritual - On Netflix. Bunch of dudes go hiking in Sweden and then things get spooky. It was pretty darn good. Some cool and effective visuals, the forest setting was creepy/ominous, and the story was decent. Worth checking out if you have the 'Flix.
    The reveal at the end was better than I hoped for.

Going to see Halloween Ends tonight. I'm sure I'll be disappointed but I'm still ecstatic.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reveal at the end was better than I hoped for.

Going to see Halloween Ends tonight. I'm sure I'll be disappointed but I'm still ecstatic.
    That's the spirit right before dropping money on seeing a movie lol. "It'll suck but oh well here's $30 down the drain"

I was listening to Paul London talk about his favorite Halloween movie in the series and he said 4 was the best of all time. They included the Rob Zombie films in the discussion as well. My favorite was the original Halloween 2.

I didn't mind the last one. It's tough making movies that have so many sequels and this shit has like 4 different timelines that I'm still trying to figure out.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's the spirit right before dropping money on seeing a movie lol. "It'll suck but oh well here's $30 down the drain"

I was listening to Paul London talk about his favorite Halloween movie in the series and he said 4 was the best of all time. They included the Rob Zombie films in the discussion as well. My favorite was the original Halloween 2.

I didn't mind the last one. It's tough making movies that have so many sequels and this shit has like 4 different timelines that I'm still trying to figure out.
    Oh I'm sure it will be an excellent film, it's the ending that I will be disappointed with. Since this is the last of a trilogy, I assume Laurie or her stupid granddaughter get the last laugh on Michael. I do see Michael taking one of them out first though.

Timeline 1: Halloween (1978), Halloween II, Halloween IV, Halloween V, Halloween VI

Timeline 2: Halloween (1978), Halloween II, Halloween H20, Halloween Resurrection

Timeline 3: Halloween (1978), Halloween (2018), Halloween Kills, Halloween Ends

Timeline 4: Halloween III

Timeline 5: Halloween (2007), Rob Zombie's Halloween II

Here's my ranking by favorite:

Halloween Kills
    Halloween (1978)
    Halloween II
    Halloween III
    Halloween (2018)
    Halloween IV
    Halloween H20
    Halloween VI
    Halloween V
    Rob Zombie's Halloween II
    Halloween Resurrection
    Halloween (2007)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah it was bad

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Halloween Kills
    Halloween (1978)
    Halloween II
    Halloween III
    Halloween (2018)
    Halloween IV
    Halloween H20
    Halloween VI
    Halloween V
    Halloween Resurrection
    Halloween (2007)
    Halloween Ends

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halloween Ends is terrible. It's boring, takes an eternity to even get going and when it does it's underwhelming as fuck. We were an hour in and I was was like "I don't care about any of this."

The writing stands out as the worst part.
    Plot was slog to sit through.

Waste of money.
    I can't believe they ran with this.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Halloween Ends spoilers

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halloween Ends spoilers

Non spoiler bottom line: They turned The Shape into a jobber.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-4 days of people complaining about how dreadful Hocus Pocus 2 followed up by 3-4 days of how dreadful Halloween Ends is...yay for social media on the weekend lol.

Seriously....I'm always blown away by people who have watched certain franchises are somewhat mystified most of the entries are not as good as maybe 1 or 2 out of 15.

If you went to the theatre instead of watching this on Peacock, knowing full well most of the Halloween movies have been 3/10 if not worse, and are on social media complaining-that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halloween Kills
    Halloween (1978)
    Halloween II
    Halloween III
    Halloween (2018)
    Halloween IV
    Halloween H20
    Halloween VI
    Halloween V
    Halloween Resurrection
    Halloween (2007)
    Halloween Ends
    The fact you have Kills #1 and Ends at the very bottom gives you a pass on the post above lol. Anyone who considers Kills better than all the others deserves a fuckin medal of honor.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The fact you have Kills #1 and Ends at the very bottom gives you a pass on the post above lol. Anyone who considers Kills better than all the others deserves a fuckin medal of honor.
    Probably has to do with the fact that I visited a lot of the filming locations in Halloween Kills. Even got wasted at the bar the characters are in towards the beginning. So much fun. Only an hour and a half drive from me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably has to do with the fact that I visited a lot of the filming locations in Halloween Kills. Even got wasted at the bar the characters are in towards the beginning. So much fun. Only an hour and a half drive from me.
    Ah ok. I don't see how that makes Kills a better movie but I dig it. The movie Field of Dreams might be better if I visited the field here lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-4 days of people complaining about how dreadful Hocus Pocus 2 followed up by 3-4 days of how dreadful Halloween Ends is...yay for social media on the weekend lol.

Seriously....I'm always blown away by people who have watched certain franchises are somewhat mystified most of the entries are not as good as maybe 1 or 2 out of 15.

If you went to the theatre instead of watching this on Peacock, knowing full well most of the Halloween movies have been 3/10 if not worse, and are on social media complaining-that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    Folks like to go outside. Going to the theater is always fun, it doesn't matterif the movie is garbage. And for some of us, it was the first time being at the movies since 2020

Ohh that's fucking rad.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Folks like to go outside. Going to the theater is always fun, it doesn't matterif the movie is garbage. And for some of us, it was the first time being at the movies since 2020

Ohh that's fucking rad.
    Has nothing to do with going outside. It has everything to do with people like yourself should be smart enough to know it was going to be lackluster and you still dropped double what it would've cost to just watch it home.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has nothing to do with going outside. It has everything to do with people like yourself should be smart enough to know it was going to be lackluster and you still dropped double what it would've cost to just watch it home.
    How are we to know how good or bad a movie is before we watch it?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I used free movie passes to see this movie. I also think horror movies are much better on a big screen with surround sound. Action movies too. Comedies, drama, romance, I can watch those at home lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll engage with me about this but won't explain why a black woman replacing a black man would cause issues based on race?

Have you seen more than 3 Halloween movies? If so, you should know better as there are only 3 that matter. 1, 2, and 4. You sound like a fuckin Karen about your experience I'm shocked you didn't tell us about how you asked to speak to a supervisor.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe from trailers? The last trailer was pretty underwhelming.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used free movie passes to see this movie. I also think horror movies are much better on a big screen with surround sound. Action movies too. Comedies, drama, romance, I can watch those at home lol.
    Like I said, you get a pass based on what you consider the best Halloween movie. You also didn't spend any money so you weren't on here crying about it being a waste of money. I mean, I can do a certain spot here that only costs $5.75 and I still wouldn't go see this unless someone asked me to. I definitely wouldn't come on here ranting about how it was a waste of money knowing full well I could've watched it on Peacock.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll engage with me about this but won't explain why a black woman replacing a black man would cause issues based on race?

Have you seen more than 3 Halloween movies? If so, you should know better as there are only 3 that matter. 1, 2, and 4. You sound like a fuckin Karen about your experience I'm shocked you didn't tell us about how you asked to speak to a supervisor.
    I've seen every Halloween movie.

I was talking about there being inevitable ding dongs being upset about Iron Man and Black Panther substitutes. You were going to make it about race, so yeah... I'm not touching that w/ you. You want to be this way again today? Go on ahead.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVED that movie

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't. That's part of the magic.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    You don't. That's part of the magic.
    That's right

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hear, hear!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A franchise that has sucked for 30+ years shouldn't give you high hopes that the 15th installment was somehow going to be good.

My whole thing @VHS was your little "Waste of money" comment. You could've saved the $$$ it cost to drive there, to get your ticket and whatever else if you just stayed home and watched it on Peacock. At least then it wouldn't be a waste of money and you'd save yourself a good portion of that karen post.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen every Halloween movie.

I was talking about there being inevitable ding dongs being upset about Iron Man and Black Panther substitutes. You were going to make it about race, so yeah... I'm not touching that w/ you. You want to be this way again today? Go on ahead.
    That's interesting you say that because here's your post and in my response to it I even put your comment in bold so please explain to me how it was me who would make it about race?

I can already smell the sneering from the denizens for two black girls replacing two beloved super heroes, but eh.
    You were literally the only person who brought up race and I simply asked for you to expand on it because it didn't make sense. If you had left skin color out of it I would've understood it as you saying women replacing men=bad. But YOU my good sir specifically mentioned their skin color and considering Black Panther wasn't a white dude..........

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    A franchise that has sucked for 30+ years shouldn't give you high hopes that the 15th installment was somehow going to be good.

My whole thing @VHS was your little "Waste of money" comment. You could've saved the $$$ it cost to drive there, to get your ticket and whatever else if you just stayed home and watched it on Peacock. At least then it wouldn't be a waste of money and you'd save yourself a good portion of that karen post.
    13th installment and there have been good films in the past 30 years, there's just more bad ones than good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13th installment and there have been good films in the past 30 years, there's just more bad ones than good.
    I would say every Halloween movie since 4 has been a C- or worse.

Only 13?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would say every Halloween movie since 4 has been a C- or worse.

Only 13?
    Directors cut of Curse is quite good. H20 is also quite good. 2018 halloween got some love. And I'll add Kills even though most seem to hate it. It gets better with each viewing in my opinion.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Directors cut of Curse is quite good. H20 is also quite good. 2018 halloween got some love. And I'll add Kills even though most seem to hate it. It gets better with each viewing in my opinion.
    You also said it was your favorite because you visited certain spots that were filmed for it lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You also said it was your favorite because you visited certain spots that were filmed for it lol.
    Well I certainly enjoyed it before visiting the spots.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I certainly enjoyed it before visiting the spots.
    Usually if someone talks about their favorite movie they provide more than just the scenery looked cool in person.

I still don't think this franchise is something that people should go in with expectations that it was going to be worth their while. Especially if you're going to call it a waste of money when there are cost saving measures that should be put in place. Trust me, if I went to see this with someone I wouldn't come on here shitting on it. I'd do everything in my power NOT to go and at the very least I'd say it sucked but I got laid out of it lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not most people, so "usually" wouldn't apply.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clerks 3

Loved the first one, wasn't high on the second, this one is very good. The concept is money, Randall making a movie about his life after suffering a heart attack which turns out to be a spoof of the making of Clerks. Solid cameos and nods to the past. You might not have been a fan of some of the more recent movies in this universe but I would definitely go out of your way to watch this.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deadstream - I'm having a hard time rating it for what it was rather than what I was hoping it would be. I had ideas for what I thought was going to happen and it did not go that way at all. So, for what it was, it was fine and very Evil Dead-esque. But I had ideas for a different/better(?) movie in mind that led to me being a bit disappointed which I realize isn't really fair to the film.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Freaky Friday (2003)

Never sawed this one before. It was ok. Typical Disney bullshit, but Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan were great. The little brother was an asshole, would have liked him to get punched by someone.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deadstream - I'm having a hard time rating it for what it was rather than what I was hoping it would be. I had ideas for what I thought was going to happen and it did not go that way at all. So, for what it was, it was fine and very Evil Dead-esque. But I had ideas for a different/better(?) movie in mind that led to me being a bit disappointed which I realize isn't really fair to the film.
    I felt kind of similar. I love found footage and I enjoyed the Evil Dead vibe but they didn't have the budget to go as far as I'd have liked. Good movie though.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Beetlejuice

Saw this last night at the movies. This was one of those movies that was always on in my house growing up. Beetlejuice, ET, Monster Squad, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Little Mermaid, Aladdin...at least one of those movies was always on

Don't recall the last time I saw Beetlejuice, maybe a year or two ago, but before that probably the mid 90s. What a fantastic film it is. Everything is perfect, except knowing what Jeffrey Jones became I suppose. And Alec Baldwin killing someone.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KIller Klowns From Outer Space is 100% what gave me a fear of clowns.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No doubt they are scary. They had a Killer Klowns haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal this year. I was in heaven going through it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    KIller Klowns From Outer Space is 100% what gave me a fear of clowns.
    They just released a toy line and I'm thinking of putting them on my horror wall.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We've got the Killer Klowns Funko Pops, a Killer Klowns fleece blanket, a couple of Killer Klowns mugs, and I really want the replica cotton candy gun

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got the Killer Klowns Funko Pops, a Killer Klowns fleece blanket, a couple of Killer Klowns mugs, and I really want the replica cotton candy gun
    My oldest daughter is a huge huge fan. Pops, the blanket, even have a custom made poster framed in her room. I can't remember where I got this figure of the tall red headed clown but it's awesome. I really want to say Suncoast as that's where I bought my Capt Spaulding figure and we're talking 10+ years ago at least. I can't think of where else I would've bought Killer Klowns figures, maybe FYE or one of those places? I remember in the late 90's early 2000's places like Sam Goody would sell Spawn figures. Maybe Spencers? Fuck idk.

The blu ray is the shit and comes with a cool poster.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell Fest. Had to add this to my list of October stuff to watch.

The pros: the use of the masked characters, the killer wearing an identical mask, and having several characters throughout wearing the same mask so you never knew if there was one killer or several.
    The kill scenes were entertaining, if also brief but the pursuit or confrontation of the killer to victim was done well.

The cons: Production made it seem like a lazy story at times, and the main characters were pretty obnoxious. One movie where you actually want to see the villain win.

Has good rewatch value, but not a must-see if you haven't already. Enjoyed as an "it's on the screen, I'm doing other stuff" type movie.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw Black Adam. It was fine. I am interested in the movie it teases at the end though.

2022 Movies I have see ranked

Everything Everywhere All At Once
    The Batman
    Dragon Ball Super: Superhero
    RRR
    Prey
    The Northman
    Black Adam
    Top Gun Maverick
    Thor Love and Thunder
    Blonde

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Just saw Black Adam. It was fine. I am interested in the movie it teases at the end though.
    I'm happy to see what's happening here.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm excited to see Black Adam just not sure if we'll go this weekend or next.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've heard the movie is awful but the Rock fits the role perfectly and his performance is a highlight.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Black Adam was alright. I really thought Hawkman and Dr. Fate were solid characters. Rock was alright but definitely wooden in a few places and the kid, imo, wasn't good at all. If he's going to be a fixture moving forward I'm not excited about that at all. He's got time to grow obviously but his performance really wasn't very good.

Not sure what to make of a cameo.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Funhouse

I'm ashamed to admit another classic horror movie I've never seen until last night. I definitely think I should've watched this back when I was a kid, teen, because watching it I'm like damn, there are a lot of movies that came out after this that stole something from it. 7/10.

I've heard the movie is awful but the Rock fits the role perfectly and his performance is a highlight.
    I can almost guarantee I'll go in and walk out loving it. I see the little comments spread out that it was lame, does the same shit every other super hero movie does blah blah blah. My uncle thought Batman with Michael Keaton sucked so what does that tell you about people's taste? lol

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Adam

Loved it, incredible movie. The overall vibe of the movie has me excited for what's next not just with Black Adam but future DC projects. I don't know too much about Black Adam but The Rock looked great, really felt like he spent time honing in on what he wanted this character to come across as on the big screen. I loved Dr Fate and Hawkman being part of this as well, especially Hawkman he was always a favorite of mine.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Woah Black Adam, bam a lam. Gonna wait to streaming to see that one. The Rock is such a shit actor but I still see the films anyway. Only films I think I enjoyed were San Andreas and Walking Tall.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah Black Adam, bam a lam. Gonna wait to streaming to see that one. The Rock is such a shit actor but I still see the films anyway. Only films I think I enjoyed were San Andreas and Walking Tall.
    You lost your ability to judge actors when you named Halloween Kills as your favorite Halloween movie of all time. Grounded, revoked, and sent outside to think about your comments.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    As long as we can agree Michael Myers would make Dwayne Johnson his bitch if they ever came face to face.

Listen, I've seen Halloween Kills at least 20 times, it's a quality film. I wouldn't watch many films that many times.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as we can agree Michael Myers would make Dwayne Johnson his bitch if they ever came face to face.

Listen, I've seen Halloween Kills at least 20 times, it's a quality film. I wouldn't watch many films that many times.
    No. Not even just regular Dwayne Johnson. Especially not Black Adam holy shit that dude is brutal.

Myers' best chance is to catch The Rock when he's getting his swoll on at 4am. But I mean he'd have to go for the head and Rock's half Samoan so it better be something more than Nana's butcher knife lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael Myers is a fictional character.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Austin Powers guy would like to have a word with you, boy.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Michael Myers is a fictional character.
    Gonna need proof of this.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barbarian - Had heard it's best to go into this blind, so I knew literally nothing about it ahead of time and just dove in. Strongly recommend you do the same. You think it's one thing and then you're wrong and oh boy. There was one part that kind of gave me an issue
    but overall, pretty damn good.

The Blair Witch Project - Wife and I tried to watch this "classic" awhile back and turned it off about 20 min. in 'cuz it was boring but I had an afternoon alone so I thought I'd give it another chance. It was still mostly boring. I can respect what it is and did and whatever but woof. It sucked.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved Barbarian but yeah they relied on some movie logic that always annoys me at the end.

I'm a massive found footage fan but Blair Witch is slow and boring.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Blair Witch is slow and boring.
    Just like my sex life.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done found footage is one of my favorite things but this was not it.

Speaking of, a few I forgot to post about...

V/H/S '94 and V/H/S '99 - Both had a weak entry or two but overall, I really like these fun, stupid anthologies. I still haven't seen the original or Viral but have heard they're the weakest entries.

The Sadness - This was pretty damn good. Sort of a zombie movie and gory as all hell. Definitely recommend it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barbarian - Had heard it's best to go into this blind, so I knew literally nothing about it ahead of time and just dove in. Strongly recommend you do the same. You think it's one thing and then you're wrong and oh boy. There was one part that kind of gave me an issue
    but overall, pretty damn good.

The Blair Witch Project - Wife and I tried to watch this "classic" awhile back and turned it off about 20 min. in 'cuz it was boring but I had an afternoon alone so I thought I'd give it another chance. It was still mostly boring. I can respect what it is and did and whatever but woof. It sucked.
    LOVED Barbarian. As for your issue, I couldn't help but enjoy the absurdity of it and definitely had a good laugh. I think it was kinda going for laughs by the end w/ how comically unlikeable and clutsy so and so was.

Oh yeah.
    *Drops gun*
    FUUUUCK!!!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Conjuring 2

Best movie ever? No, but 2nd best movie ever.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you waited 23 years to watch Blair Witch, compared to a lot of the big budget found footage knockoffs, I can see why it would be boring. It's kind of like watching the Exorcist in 2022 and not understanding why in 1973 people were passing out and puking from certain scenes. Especially if you're almost 40. Blair Witch fucked me up in 1999/2000 whenever it dropped, but I watched it not too long ago and wasn't that impressed. Blair Witch 2 imo is better than Blair Witch 1. Never did see the latest one.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned it in the Halloween thread but I just watched Blair witch and I think it’s great. Really superb suspense/horror writing in my opinion. The dialogue can be rough but that’s by design since it’s supposed to feel real, and I think it succeeds at that minus a few awkward lines. Reminds me of jaws in how it builds up the villain without seeing it. That’s a classic to me.