User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 801 to 808 of 808

Thread: Movie Review Thread

  1. #801
    Main Eventer Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eternia
    Posts
    7,002
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    796908
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Does Space Jam 2 at least have a Wayne Knight cameo?
    Nope.

  2. #802
    [[be gay]][[do crimes]] mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,919
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1005245
    I saw that it does have a Rick and Morty cameo, though, which is weird.

  3. #803
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    40,231
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1247525
    Snake Eyes was fire. I've always loved GI Joe. The live action movies could've been better, this one is definitely the best of the 3 we've had so far imo. Definitely interested in what other "origin" movies they have lined up.

  4. #804
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    4,072
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    756107
    Quote Originally Posted by Melly View Post
    I finally got around much late to watching Saving Private Ryan. Damn WHAT A MOVIE!!
    We saw Saving Private Ryan on its opening weekend, and I remember the buzz leaving the theatre was amazing. The only other movies I have personally experienced that type of immediate positive response were Silence of the Lambs and ET, the Extra Terrestrial. My older sister got to see Jaws on its opening weekend and she tells me that it had a similar reaction. My dad told me the same thing about The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and when he was a pre-teen, he saw the original King Kong on its opening weekend. When you leave the theater, everyone knows they've just watched something special.

    Back then it was legit word of mouth that would mean the difference between a movie being profitable and becoming a blockbuster smash.

  5. #805
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    6,523
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861300
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    We saw Saving Private Ryan on its opening weekend, and I remember the buzz leaving the theatre was amazing. The only other movies I have personally experienced that type of immediate positive response were Silence of the Lambs and ET, the Extra Terrestrial. My older sister got to see Jaws on its opening weekend and she tells me that it had a similar reaction. My dad told me the same thing about The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and when he was a pre-teen, he saw the original King Kong on its opening weekend. When you leave the theater, everyone knows they've just watched something special.

    Back then it was legit word of mouth that would mean the difference between a movie being profitable and becoming a blockbuster smash.
    The end always gets me.

    When it hit the theaters my dad asked his dad if he wanted to go see it. My dad had heard that it was one of the most realistic portrayals of Normandy ever filmed, and my grandfather was at Normandy. I'll never forget my grandfather's response. He shook his head and said "it's not that realistic." That was the end of that conversation.
    Last edited by BigAl; July 29th, 2021 at 9:21 AM.

  6. #806
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,312
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    775461
    I thought A Quiet Place 2 was alright. Didn't blow me away as it pretty much just worked a lot of the gags from the first one but it was still worth a watch.

  7. #807
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    19,832
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    528642
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I thought A Quiet Place 2 was alright. Didn't blow me away as it pretty much just worked a lot of the gags from the first one but it was still worth a watch.
    Felt like it was more of a set up for the next film than anything

  8. #808
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    40,231
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1247525
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    The end always gets me.

    When it hit the theaters my dad asked his dad if he wanted to go see it. My dad had heard that it was one of the most realistic portrayals of Normandy ever filmed, and my grandfather was at Normandy. I'll never forget my grandfather's response. He shook his head and said "it's not that realistic." That was the end of that conversation.
    I've heard it's one of the most realistic, but it's also still pretty tame. Probably hard to pass a PG/PG-13 rating if they did it the realist way possible.

    My dad's brother was in Vietnam and he said that Platoon was pretty close to how the soldiers acted toward each other and all the shit they had to deal with concerning the environment. He came back from the war and spent a few months naked in his parents attic smoking weed chillin on plastic furniture. I thought they meant like lawn chairs and shit, no, plastic couch, plastic chairs, no clue why.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •