Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Movie Review Thread

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Does Space Jam 2 at least have a Wayne Knight cameo?
    Nope.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that it does have a Rick and Morty cameo, though, which is weird.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snake Eyes was fire. I've always loved GI Joe. The live action movies could've been better, this one is definitely the best of the 3 we've had so far imo. Definitely interested in what other "origin" movies they have lined up.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melly View Post
    I finally got around much late to watching Saving Private Ryan. Damn WHAT A MOVIE!!
    We saw Saving Private Ryan on its opening weekend, and I remember the buzz leaving the theatre was amazing. The only other movies I have personally experienced that type of immediate positive response were Silence of the Lambs and ET, the Extra Terrestrial. My older sister got to see Jaws on its opening weekend and she tells me that it had a similar reaction. My dad told me the same thing about The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and when he was a pre-teen, he saw the original King Kong on its opening weekend. When you leave the theater, everyone knows they've just watched something special.

Back then it was legit word of mouth that would mean the difference between a movie being profitable and becoming a blockbuster smash.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    We saw Saving Private Ryan on its opening weekend, and I remember the buzz leaving the theatre was amazing. The only other movies I have personally experienced that type of immediate positive response were Silence of the Lambs and ET, the Extra Terrestrial. My older sister got to see Jaws on its opening weekend and she tells me that it had a similar reaction. My dad told me the same thing about The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and when he was a pre-teen, he saw the original King Kong on its opening weekend. When you leave the theater, everyone knows they've just watched something special.

Back then it was legit word of mouth that would mean the difference between a movie being profitable and becoming a blockbuster smash.
    The end always gets me.

When it hit the theaters my dad asked his dad if he wanted to go see it. My dad had heard that it was one of the most realistic portrayals of Normandy ever filmed, and my grandfather was at Normandy. I'll never forget my grandfather's response. He shook his head and said "it's not that realistic." That was the end of that conversation.
    Last edited by BigAl; July 29th, 2021 at 9:21 AM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought A Quiet Place 2 was alright. Didn't blow me away as it pretty much just worked a lot of the gags from the first one but it was still worth a watch.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I thought A Quiet Place 2 was alright. Didn't blow me away as it pretty much just worked a lot of the gags from the first one but it was still worth a watch.
    Felt like it was more of a set up for the next film than anything

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    The end always gets me.

When it hit the theaters my dad asked his dad if he wanted to go see it. My dad had heard that it was one of the most realistic portrayals of Normandy ever filmed, and my grandfather was at Normandy. I'll never forget my grandfather's response. He shook his head and said "it's not that realistic." That was the end of that conversation.
    I've heard it's one of the most realistic, but it's also still pretty tame. Probably hard to pass a PG/PG-13 rating if they did it the realist way possible.

My dad's brother was in Vietnam and he said that Platoon was pretty close to how the soldiers acted toward each other and all the shit they had to deal with concerning the environment. He came back from the war and spent a few months naked in his parents attic smoking weed chillin on plastic furniture. I thought they meant like lawn chairs and shit, no, plastic couch, plastic chairs, no clue why.