User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 701 to 762 of 762

Thread: Movie Review Thread

  1. #701
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,301
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    564580
    canada
    I love Pitch Perfect, and Pitch Perfect 2 was pretty good overall. Anna Kendrick really makes the movie.

  2. #702
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    Quote Originally Posted by Melly View Post
    I love Pitch Perfect, and Pitch Perfect 2 was pretty good overall. Anna Kendrick really makes the movie.
    Did you ever see Pitch Perfect 3?

    My ex swears I took her and my oldest daughter but I think it was just the two of them. I have no memory of seeing the 3rd. Shockingly I was a fan of the first 2. Especially Bumper and Fat Amy (AKA Fat Patricia).

    If they do a 4th they should still call Rebel Wilson "Fat Amy" just as a joke. Kind of like when they call big dudes "Tiny" She's lost a ton of weight, looks incredible.

  3. #703
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    6,294
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    779992
    I liked Rebel Wilson in How To Be Single. She made that movie so funny.

  4. #704
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    26,447
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    921187
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Did you ever see Pitch Perfect 3?

    My ex swears I took her and my oldest daughter but I think it was just the two of them. I have no memory of seeing the 3rd. Shockingly I was a fan of the first 2. Especially Bumper and Fat Amy (AKA Fat Patricia).

    If they do a 4th they should still call Rebel Wilson "Fat Amy" just as a joke. Kind of like when they call big dudes "Tiny" She's lost a ton of weight, looks incredible.
    The third was absolutely horrendous.

  5. #705
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    The third was absolutely horrendous.
    I have no doubt you are telling us the truth lol

  6. #706
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,301
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    564580
    canada
    I will be skipping the third, I read it is horrible, not even Fat Amy can save it. I know, Rebel Wilson, looks amazing and seems to be in a better mindset.


    Is, How To Be Single, worth watching?

  7. #707
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    6,294
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    779992
    Quote Originally Posted by Melly View Post
    I will be skipping the third, I read it is horrible, not even Fat Amy can save it. I know, Rebel Wilson, looks amazing and seems to be in a better mindset.


    Is, How To Be Single, worth watching?
    I thought it was one of the better rom coms I’ve ever seen. Rebel Wilson is great and it has Jason Montzouakis or whatever his name is. Very funny.

  8. #708
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,301
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    564580
    canada
    Ah, I Googled it, it has pretty bad reviews

  9. #709
    World Champion Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    28,193
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    294339
    yugoslavia
    Wonder Woman was excellent. Unlike previous films in the series, the fight scenes weren't as long and they were really good and on point. Loved the characters, the chemistry and the flow of the film. Deffo my favourite so far.

    Next up, Justice League. Do we watch the standard 2 hour version or the new 4 hour one? If it's the latter, that will need to be done over 2 sittings.

  10. #710
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    6,294
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    779992
    Watch the four hour one. The two hour one should only be viewed as a way to understand just how good the four hour version is.

  11. #711
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,301
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    564580
    canada

    Run 6/10
    Predictable, but entertaining none the less.

  12. #712
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    WITHOUT REMORSE

    I love Michael B Jordan. Ever since Chronicle. This was a great action movie. Nothing super original, top shelf soldier seeks revenge after pregnant wife and members of his team are killed. That's ok, because I've loved these type of movies since I was a young boy in the 80's.

    I know this all ties in with Tom Clancy's novels but I'm oblivious to them. I never even played the video games lol. But I do know enough about Jack Ryan and those movies with Harrison Ford, Tom Cruise, etc. I wonder if we'll see a crossover.

  13. #713
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    21,454
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1234141
    north_korea
    I watched Deep Blue Sea the other day, first time in 20 or so years. The movie is great but the effects, while great for their time, are laughable.

    I also watched Rob Zombie's Halloween II, first time in maybe 10 years...I remember liking it on first view but man this movie is hot garbage. Never again.

  14. #714
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Where's Bill Casey?
    Posts
    25,340
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    794065
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I watched Deep Blue Sea the other day, first time in 20 or so years. The movie is great but the effects, while great for their time, are laughable.

    I also watched Rob Zombie's Halloween II, first time in maybe 10 years...I remember liking it on first view but man this movie is hot garbage. Never again.
    "I need that datar. That datar is so important. It's to save the potators. The potator datar."

    - Lady from Deep Blue Sea as remembered by Rancid Planet.

  15. #715
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,974
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    732374
    I watched "One Night in Miami" last night, and really enjoyed it. This was based on the true story with Malcolm X, Sam Cooke, Jim Brown, and Cassius Clay, the night Clay won the world heavyweight boxing title. 4 famous black men having a discussion about the struggles of being black in America at the time, and the responsibilities that come from being successful.

    My wife found it annoying as they went from yelling to speaking softly, and she doesn't care about boxing.

    I thought this was really well done, and especially thought Leslie Odom Jr. was terrific.

  16. #716
    [[be gay][do crime]] mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,804
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    931516
    The Mitchells vs. The Machines - Phenomenal animated film. Made me laugh as much as it yanked on the old heartstrings. As good as any Pixar flick. Highly recommend it.

  17. #717
    [[be gay][do crime]] mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,804
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    931516
    Army of the Dead - Predictable, by the numbers, full of tropes and one-dimensional characters. There's nothing in this you haven't seen a hundred times before. Having said that, it's not a complete waste of time as it still kept me watching despite all that. Dave did pretty good and it's got one of my favorite Elvis songs in it. I wouldn't recommend it but I wouldn't tell you not to watch it, either.

  18. #718
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    6,294
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    779992
    Apparently Zach Snyder has plans for multiple sequels for it. I’m a fan of cheesy movies so I’ll probably enjoy it.

  19. #719
    [[be gay][do crime]] mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,804
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    931516
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Apparently Zach Snyder has plans for multiple sequels for it. I’m a fan of cheesy movies so I’ll probably enjoy it.
    I basically watched this one for Dave and Tig so unless there's an interesting cast or some really fresh new take on the premise, I probably won't be bothering.

  20. #720
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Where's Bill Casey?
    Posts
    25,340
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    794065
    I enjoyed Army of the Dead. I expected a little better story and a few more action scenes though. Felt like there were a few 10 minute long sequences where nothing was really talked about of importance and nothing happened.

    Idk. Maybe the whole thing where Tig got filmed by herself while they cut the other guy out of the movie fucked shit up. I just read where Dave said he still hasnt ever met her. Still good though.

  21. #721
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,974
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    732374
    My wife and I enjoyed "Raya and the Last Dragon" a lot. We have always loved Disney movies and this delivered. Stunning animation.

    The storyline was okay - things seemed to resolve fairly easily but it's kind of what we'd expect from Disney.

    Awkwafina as the dragon was probably the best part, and the worst part, if it is possible to be both at the same time.

  22. #722
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I enjoyed Army of the Dead. I expected a little better story and a few more action scenes though. Felt like there were a few 10 minute long sequences where nothing was really talked about of importance and nothing happened.

    Idk. Maybe the whole thing where Tig got filmed by herself while they cut the other guy out of the movie fucked shit up. I just read where Dave said he still hasnt ever met her. Still good though.
    I was trying to explain to my friend the whole Tig replacing TJ situation. I didn't realize though that it was post-production until reading your post lol. All I knew was that he was replaced by Tig-who I'm not even a fan of but they did a good job here.

    The movie was hard as fuck, a lot of nods to Snyder movies over the years. We have to give Zack props as he really was one of the first to sell us on zombies that aren't just plodding along like a sloth.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    My wife and I enjoyed "Raya and the Last Dragon" a lot. We have always loved Disney movies and this delivered. Stunning animation.

    The storyline was okay - things seemed to resolve fairly easily but it's kind of what we'd expect from Disney.

    Awkwafina as the dragon was probably the best part, and the worst part, if it is possible to be both at the same time.
    Daniel Dae Kim being the dad sold me on wanting to check this out as much as my daughter lol. Good movie but I agree about Awkwafina. At times it worked, others it was way too over the top. It's weird hearing that voice and then seeing what she looks like. I'm not too familiar with her at all and it seems like the only movies I've seen her in were animated.

  23. #723
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    21,454
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1234141
    north_korea
    Psycho Goreman was ridiculously fun. @Nash Diesel I think this film would be right up your alley. It's currently available on Shudder.

  24. #724
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not wanting people to die from an unnecessary lab leaked super virus to own the libs.
    Posts
    19,468
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    531366
    usa
    I watched Stowaway on Netflix but it was so slow. I didn't really like it much.

  25. #725
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I watched Stowaway on Netflix but it was so slow. I didn't really like it much.
    I'm a big fan of the cast especially Daniel Dae Kim. I thought Anna Kendrick did a good job and it actually reminded me of the girl who is supposedly going to Mars (read up on that shit if you haven't lol)

    It was decent, not as good as the more recent bigger space movies we've seen in the last 4-5 years that's for sure.

  26. #726
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,301
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    564580
    canada


    We decided to watch an old childhood classic. It was just as cheesy as I remembered. Fun, but not amazing.

  27. #727
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    I finally watched The Green Inferno. Holy shit.

    Eli Roth movies always have the same twist. M Night had just twists, it wasn't the same kind of twist every movie. Eli Roth, same set up and I wasn't too negative about this movie as I thought I would be.

  28. #728
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not wanting people to die from an unnecessary lab leaked super virus to own the libs.
    Posts
    19,468
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    531366
    usa
    I watched Spiral: Book of Saw and it kind of sucked.

    Chris Rock plays Chris Rock as a cop.

    A few of the traps were creative.

    I saw the twist coming.

  29. #729
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,206
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    742404
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I watched Spiral: Book of Saw ...

    I saw the twist coming.
    I saw what you did there.

  30. #730
    [[be gay][do crime]] mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,804
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    931516
    A friend of mine who fucking loves the Saw franchise gave it a 3 out of 10.

  31. #731
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    6,294
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    779992
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I finally watched The Green Inferno. Holy shit.

    Eli Roth movies always have the same twist. M Night had just twists, it wasn't the same kind of twist every movie. Eli Roth, same set up and I wasn't too negative about this movie as I thought I would be.
    This was bad in a good way. I liked it.

  32. #732
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not wanting people to die from an unnecessary lab leaked super virus to own the libs.
    Posts
    19,468
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    531366
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    A friend of mine who fucking loves the Saw franchise gave it a 3 out of 10.
    I also have loved the franchise. They always came out around my birthday so ever since Saw 2 I would watch them with friends. This one was not good, I'd maybe give it a 4 myself (just because Chris Rock basically does stand up through some of it) and I hope this spinoff/reboot thing ends here.

  33. #733
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    Saw hasn't been good since the 3rd one, and I'm being nice. The first 2 were great but then it just becomes torture porn.

    I'm actually intrigued by this new one because I dig the people in it but I remember thinking, what a pointless movie to make? Chris Rock hasn't been in a movie in forever it seems so that's what is kind of drawing me to it. I'm sure it'll suck but that's ok, I've seen worse.

  34. #734
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Where's Bill Casey?
    Posts
    25,340
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    794065
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Saw hasn't been good since the 3rd one, and I'm being nice. The first 2 were great but then it just becomes torture porn.

    I'm actually intrigued by this new one because I dig the people in it but I remember thinking, what a pointless movie to make? Chris Rock hasn't been in a movie in forever it seems so that's what is kind of drawing me to it. I'm sure it'll suck but that's ok, I've seen worse.
    Totally agree. I loved the first 2 and then slowly the traps no longer felt smart or intriguing. Sometimes there wouldnt even be a way to escape. Just "put your head in the hole. Haha smashed your head. SAW!"

    Like what the fuck?

  35. #735
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not wanting people to die from an unnecessary lab leaked super virus to own the libs.
    Posts
    19,468
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    531366
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Saw hasn't been good since the 3rd one, and I'm being nice. The first 2 were great but then it just becomes torture porn.

    I'm actually intrigued by this new one because I dig the people in it but I remember thinking, what a pointless movie to make? Chris Rock hasn't been in a movie in forever it seems so that's what is kind of drawing me to it. I'm sure it'll suck but that's ok, I've seen worse.
    I think it tries too hard to be socially conscious. Chris Rock as Chris Rock as a cop does have some funny moments. The first 5-10mins are pretty much a stand up set.

  36. #736
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,592
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    521414
    Arrival


    It was pretty good and different than I expected. I liked the ending and how it all came together in the last half hour. Not a typical alien flick.



    7.5/10

  37. #737
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    11,284
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    545873
    maldives
    Absolutely adored Arrival. Brilliant sci-fi that I've watched several times.

  38. #738
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Where's Bill Casey?
    Posts
    25,340
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    794065
    Conjuring 3 was good. I liked making Ed and Loraine the main characters. Made it feel different. This one was more story driven and less about the actual haunting. Still some great scares. I've seen a lot of people saying this is the best one and nope not even close. Still good though.

    I'd go 6/10.

  39. #739
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    6,294
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    779992
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Conjuring 3 was good. I liked making Ed and Loraine the main characters. Made it feel different. This one was more story driven and less about the actual haunting. Still some great scares. I've seen a lot of people saying this is the best one and nope not even close. Still good though.

    I'd go 6/10.
    Did it actually take place in Brookfield, CT? That was 40 years ago and people here still mention it sometimes.

  40. #740
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Where's Bill Casey?
    Posts
    25,340
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    794065
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Did it actually take place in Brookfield, CT? That was 40 years ago and people here still mention it sometimes.
    Yeah. It's actually more about the mystery of who was behind the possesion than it is about the possesion itself. Interesting. Maybe not executed perfectly but it was something different for the James Waniverse.

  41. #741
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    21,454
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1234141
    north_korea
    Conjuring 3 was hot garbage. 1st one was good, 2nd one was decent. Also enjoyed the Annabelle movies and the Nun. Haven't seen curse of la llorana though

  42. #742
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    21,454
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1234141
    north_korea
    Possibly not seeing it in the theaters hurt it for me...I prefer seeing horror movies in the theaters with surround sound, darkness, etc.

    To be fair I had planned on seeing it in the theater but all the showtimes were sold out.

  43. #743
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    6,294
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    779992
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Yeah. It's actually more about the mystery of who was behind the possesion than it is about the possesion itself. Interesting. Maybe not executed perfectly but it was something different for the James Waniverse.
    Yeah I remember the story being pretty crazy. Something about Ed claiming the devil possessed him during the exorcism or something.

    My ex wife is from Brookfield and she told me there is a video of Ed on YouTube talking about how Brookfield has a lot of evil energy and could be a battleground between good and evil or some shit like that.

  44. #744
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    Not really a review but my Darkman trilogy on blu ray arrived today. I don't know if I've ever seen part 3, if I did it was right when it came out.

    LOVE the first one. It's genius and as I got older realizing Sam Raimi also did this, it definitely feels like a Raimi movie. I also didn't pay attention that it was a comic book.

  45. #745
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    21,454
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1234141
    north_korea
    Fucking loved Dr. Giggles in the first Darkman.

  46. #746
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Fucking loved Dr. Giggles in the first Darkman.
    I knew I could count on you to chime in brother

  47. #747
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,592
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    521414


    I tried to watch the movie Silence because it's on Amazon Prime and I love Scorsese so it's been on my watch list. It got solid reviews, but man I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes. Just too dull, and I'm not feeling Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver as the leads in this period piece at all. If anyone has seen it, I'd be curious if it gets better.

    Edit: I will add to my 20 minute review, though, that it looks beautifully shot. Like a Kurosawa film or something. Some stunning visuals and backdrops.
    Last edited by Fro; June 8th, 2021 at 8:33 PM.

  48. #748
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post


    I tried to watch the movie Silence because it's on Amazon Prime and I love Scorsese so it's been on my watch list. It got solid reviews, but man I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes. Just too dull, and I'm not feeling Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver as the leads in this period piece at all. If anyone has seen it, I'd be curious if it gets better.

    Edit: I will add to my 20 minute review, though, that it looks beautifully shot. Like a Kurosawa film or something. Some stunning visuals and backdrops.
    I just did a quick read up on this movie just to get an idea because I'm a big fan of Liam Neeson. Not a fan of Garfield or even Driver to be honest but when I saw what it was about....I don't know if I'm intrigued enough to check it out. It also stars Tadanobu Asano aka new Raiden (or as us true OG's know him as Kakihara from the legendary movie Ichi the Killer).

    The problem I have with Martin is that his movies are fucking long. I imagine this movie is probably 3 hours at least so who knows....If you only made it 20 minutes in then it must be pretty rough lol.

  49. #749
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,592
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    521414
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I just did a quick read up on this movie just to get an idea because I'm a big fan of Liam Neeson. Not a fan of Garfield or even Driver to be honest but when I saw what it was about....I don't know if I'm intrigued enough to check it out. It also stars Tadanobu Asano aka new Raiden (or as us true OG's know him as Kakihara from the legendary movie Ichi the Killer).

    The problem I have with Martin is that his movies are fucking long. I imagine this movie is probably 3 hours at least so who knows....If you only made it 20 minutes in then it must be pretty rough lol.
    I think most of his movies earn their runtime, i.e. Casino, Wolf of Wall Street, Departed, Aviator. Those movies are long but they're so good that I wouldn't shorten them. But recently.... The Irishman was not nearly interesting enough to last as long as it did. And Silence, while I didn't watch more than the beginning, I was looking at that 161 minute runtime thinking no way I'm getting through this. If it was 2 hours, maybe I would have plugged along.

  50. #750
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    6,294
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    779992
    The Irishman was far too long and completely unnecessary. It detracted from the overall quality of the movie in my opinion. Though I think the movie didn’t need to be made because I think most of what the dude said was bullshit.

  51. #751
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    I think it ultimately depends on the content for me. I sat through 4+ hours of the Snyder Cut lol. And I would watch it again. If you're going to put out a movie that's pushing 3 hours, you better have something very interesting. I could watch a 5 hour movie Batman movie though, even if George Clooney was the star!

  52. #752
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    6,294
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    779992
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I think it ultimately depends on the content for me. I sat through 4+ hours of the Snyder Cut lol. And I would watch it again. If you're going to put out a movie that's pushing 3 hours, you better have something very interesting. I could watch a 5 hour movie Batman movie though, even if George Clooney was the star!
    That’s a fair point. If it’s in engrossing story I’ll watch I don’t know how many hours before I complain.

    But when my favorite part of The Irishman was an Action Bronson cameo, that’s a bad sign.

  53. #753
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    That’s a fair point. If it’s in engrossing story I’ll watch I don’t know how many hours before I complain.

    But when my favorite part of The Irishman was an Action Bronson cameo, that’s a bad sign.
    I've been trying to find a reason other than the main cast to watch this movie and justify the runtime lol. IDK if I can dip out and take a break, movies aren't like books to me. Intermissions suck.

  54. #754
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,206
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    742404
    Thought Conjuring 3 was pretty entertaining. The scares were very predictable but that didn't make it any less scary.

  55. #755
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,974
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    732374
    "In the Heights" was a great watch for me and my wife and daughter. Lin Manuel Miranda wrote this as a play while in college and it was a success on Broadway. Nice adaptation to film

  56. #756
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    21,454
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1234141
    north_korea
    There's all controversy about that film. Not sure if it's legit or people just finding things to complain about.

  57. #757
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    19,636
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    497586
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    There's all controversy about that film. Not sure if it's legit or people just finding things to complain about.
    I'm leaning towards the latter. I get they want to be represented but this isn't the hill.

    Reviews have been really good though. I think it's outstanding.

  58. #758
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    21,454
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1234141
    north_korea
    Not much of a musical guy but I have HBO Max so no reason not to check it out.

  59. #759
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not wanting people to die from an unnecessary lab leaked super virus to own the libs.
    Posts
    19,468
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    531366
    usa
    I watched Fatherhood last night on Netflix. It was pretty good even if a little predictable. Interesting to see Kevin Hart in a more serious role, even if there's still humor throughout.

  60. #760
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    39,622
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1215020
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Not much of a musical guy but I have HBO Max so no reason not to check it out.
    Everytime I'm at my best friend's house he'll put on HBO Max and he keeps going "Oh I need to see if the girls want to watch this I bet they'd like it" I'm like no dude, I've known you 35 years--you were the biggest Grease fan I know lol. It's not his girls, it's HIM and he's trying to act like I didn't see him rockin Grease Lightning as hard as he rocked Michael Jackson and Metallica.

  61. #761
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,592
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    521414
    The Big Sick


    Good-not-great romcom. I like Kumail and enjoyed the parts about him breaking away from his Pakistani family, and his interactions with Emily's parents (Ray Romano was good here). The actual parts with Kumail and Emily were probably the weakest. I thought their chemistry and the ending were fairly mediocre otherwise this could have been a real gem of a movie IMO. It's cool that it's based on their real story, though.

    6.6/10

  62. #762
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,974
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    732374
    The big sick flick was better than that. I liked Kumail and thought the initial part of the chemistry between him and Emily worked really well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •