Results 1,301 to 1,400 of 1661

Thread: Movie Review Thread

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Conjuring 2

Best movie ever? No, but 2nd best movie ever.
    It's Def the best of the Conjuring/Insidious movies.

Good found footage is maybe rare, but oh so entertaining. Here's a list of some of my favorites.

Hell House LLC - Probably my favorite ever. Haunted House story where these idiots want to set up a Halloween Haunted House and on opening night shit goes wrong. So good.

Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum - If Hell House is my 1 then this is my 2. Korean found footage done in a youtube-ish style which is my favorite. This movie is fucking horrifying.

Creep - Nothing supernatural here but its about a case of a weirdo stalker and his performance is captivating and so scarry.

REC- The best zombie found footage ever.

VHS and VHS 2 - I don't know which of these is better but they are the best anthology style found footage movies.

Frankensteins Army - Holy fucking shit this movie. So fucked up. So brilliant. Best found footage creature feature.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen all but Gonjiam. Frankenstein's Army is super underrated.

Have you seen Host?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    That's interesting because when it comes to the main Conjuring movies I go 1 > 3 > 2. I didn't love the second one with the nun. Maybe I'll re-watch it because I seem to be in the minority. The first one is pretty easily the best IMO, and I liked part 3 well enough even though it got mixed reviews.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't really enjoy Conjuring 3...I probably need to rewatch it because I don't remember much.

Conjuring 2 I felt the Nun, the Crooked Man, and the old man on the old leather chair were just fantastic. I also really enjoyed the Nun movie, but I recall it not getting a lot of love.

Quite sad to read they cancelled the Crooked Man movie, but the Nun 2 comes out next year at least. I'm also hoping for more Annabelle movies as I enjoyed all 3 immensely.

Has anyone seen Curse of La Llorana? I heard it's connected to the Conjuring universe but I have yet to see it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I've seen all but Gonjiam. Frankenstein's Army is super underrated.

Have you seen Host?
    I have. Can't remember a ton about it off the top of my head but I know I liked it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really enjoy Conjuring 3...I probably need to rewatch it because I don't remember much.

Conjuring 2 I felt the Nun, the Crooked Man, and the old man on the old leather chair were just fantastic. I also really enjoyed the Nun movie, but I recall it not getting a lot of love.

Quite sad to read they cancelled the Crooked Man movie, but the Nun 2 comes out next year at least. I'm also hoping for more Annabelle movies as I enjoyed all 3 immensely.

Has anyone seen Curse of La Llorana? I heard it's connected to the Conjuring universe but I have yet to see it.
    I didn't care for The Nun either. So much hype but it didn't deliver for me. I have seen Curse of LA Llorana and it wasn't bad. I didn't think it was as good as most of the other films in the group though.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barbarian
    I have to laugh now after seeing it and reading @mth spoiler comment that of all things that defy reality, that was the part that you singled out....lol. Weird movie but Justin Long is typically in some weird horror movie shit. I never know if it's supposed to be serious, or a mix. Jeepers Creepers for example. Something about him just automatically introduces campiness. Not saying it's bad I love the guy, but there's something about him. 7/10.

Beast
    Really good movie that I thought was going to be corny. Great actors (Idris Elba, Sharlto Copley), great CGI, I really like this one. 7/10

The Independent
    Our homeboy John Cena in a supporting role playing a Presidential candidate running as an independent. Bigger story is about various extortions helping fund one of the candidates. Brian Cox is always great, never saw anything with Jodie Turner-Smith but she did really well. Stephen Lang with a small part. 6/10. It's on Peacock so definitely check it out if you have free time. Same with Beast.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There was so much hype about Barbarian that I ended up being disappointed in the end. I really enjoyed the first 3rd though. Everything before Justin Long entered the movie.

Beast was really great. I had low expectations going in to it but it is a solid film.

I don't care to see John Cena in films, but I do like Brian Cox so maybe I'll check out the Independent but probably not.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was so much hype about Barbarian that I ended up being disappointed in the end. I really enjoyed the first 3rd though. Everything before Justin Long entered the movie.

Beast was really great. I had low expectations going in to it but it is a solid film.

I don't care to see John Cena in films, but I do like Brian Cox so maybe I'll check out the Independent but probably not.
    It's not so much a John Cena as it is he's in it. He's a key character but doesn't have much screen time. It's mostly about Smith's character. Kind of reminds me of those Redbox exclusives that have Bruce Willis, Taylor Lautner, and then the star is some random who is on the come up getting most of the screen time.

I don't really do the big scary animal type movies but some really jump out and hook me. The Meg is a recent one that really impressed me. More often than not though these movies are better suited for the SyFy channel.

Barbarian did have a ton of hype which is why I gave it a 7. I agree with you. Pre-Justin Long the movie had a different tone and I was like, oh shit ok where is this going? It went completely left and I was like....eh, not as great as a few of my friends and people on social media made it out to be BUT it was very good. I would definitely recommend it to horror movie fans. Especially the nursing.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The Independent
    Our homeboy John Cena in a supporting role playing a Presidential candidate running as an independent. Bigger story is about various extortions helping fund one of the candidates. Brian Cox is always great, never saw anything with Jodie Turner-Smith but she did really well. Stephen Lang with a small part. 6/10. It's on Peacock so definitely check it out if you have free time. Same with Beast.
    How was Luke Kirby in this? I don't know if I'll ever be able to see him in a role other than Lenny Bruce on Mrs. Maisel. He's brilliant in that role, definitely a scene stealer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    How was Luke Kirby in this? I don't know if I'll ever be able to see him in a role other than Lenny Bruce on Mrs. Maisel. He's brilliant in that role, definitely a scene stealer.
    He wasn't too bad, another person who wasn't in it a ton but he's also a key figure. Glad I looked him up because he did look familiar. He was in Glass and Halloween Resurrection. I haven't seen that Mrs Maisel show yet.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw Terrifier, thought it was absolute garbage. I heard you either love it or hate it. No thanks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Terrifier, thought it was absolute garbage. I heard you either love it or hate it. No thanks.
    The first one or the new one?

And yeah it's definitely an either or, there is no middle ground. I'm hypocritical because on one hand I don't care for shock horror with the over the top death scenes...but then on the other hand I'm watching Ichi the Killer and the Saw franchise applauding that shit lol.

I've heard the 2nd one is better, a little more story going on but honestly I don't care for it. I can do without another killer clown type movie.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, the first one. My friend told me the 2nd one is the same as the 1st just more brutal, so he said if I didn't like the first one to not both with 2.

I'll leave the clowns to It or Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wasn't too bad, another person who wasn't in it a ton but he's also a key figure. Glad I looked him up because he did look familiar. He was in Glass and Halloween Resurrection. I haven't seen that Mrs Maisel show yet.
    I had no interest in Maisel at first but my wife was watching it and I got into it. Luke Kirby is by far the best part, and Alex Borstein is a close second.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny. I didn't like it UNTIL Justin Long showed up lol.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is true. Don't watch the second.

Fucking LOVED them myself.

Okay I watched Bodies Bodies Bodies with Pete Davidson and it's fucking AWFUL. Bunch of good acting but they could not save this absolute turd of a movie. I only mention it because it's getting like a 6.4 imdb and that has to be fake. Average horror movies can't get a 6 and this one is cheap, badly lit, terribly written, Casio keyboard from the 80s soundtrack trash. So it must be getting fake reviews from the cast and crew. Bad. Bad movie.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; November 14th, 2022 at 2:34 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is true. Don't watch the second.

Fucking LOVED them myself.

Okay I watched Bodies Bodies Bodies with Pete Davidson and it's fucking AWFUL. Bunch of good acting but they could not save this absolute turd of a movie. I only mention it because it's getting like a 6.4 imdb and that has to be fake. Average horror movies can't get a 6 and this one is cheap, badly lit, terribly written, Casio keyboard from the 80s soundtrack trash. So it must be getting fake reviews from the cast and crew. Bad. Bad movie.
    haha, could also be that there aren't many people rating it so the average is higher because it has like 20 votes or some shit lol. Trust me I've seen it where I'll be like damn they really like this movie....and there's 2 reviews and 5 votes lol.

Anyone who willingly watches a movie with Pete Davidson deserves the suffering. He's one of those "actors" where you can tell that people only watch his shit because he's been in the "news" via him dating a female celebrity that changes boyfriends every time they need to rebrand.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Only time I ever liked Pete Davidson is when he was on the Comedy Central roasts. Absolutely hated him on SNL.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only time I ever liked Pete Davidson is when he was on the Comedy Central roasts. Absolutely hated him on SNL.
    His whole roast routine is figuring out a way to incorporate a " my dad died in the 9/11 attacks" joke.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    His whole roast routine is figuring out a way to incorporate a " my dad died in the 9/11 attacks" joke.
    Yes I find that funny.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I find that funny.
    I found some 9/11 jokes funny 15-20 years ago but after awhile it just becomes redundant especially if that's all you have to offer.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    To be fair, Pete calling Kevin hart "shaq's dick" was funnier than any of the 9/11 jokes

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Pete calling Kevin hart "shaq's dick" was funnier than any of the 9/11 jokes
    I agree.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dead Silence:

I saw this in the theaters when it came out, and I remember really enjoying it, enough that I bought the blu ray, but man I saw this over the weekend again and it's just not good.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you mention Dead Silence. I saw it when it first came out, bought it cheap recently just to watch. A good idea poorly executed is my best description of it.

Saw Barbarian yesterday. I don't know what I expected. It was alright, decent, not great, not dog shit. How they explained the story really helped, having the history of the house, some of the characters in other years. The last 15 minutes was a mess but not enough to be disappointed.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spiderhead

It's been on my Netflix watch list for a few months it seems and I like Chris Hemsworth and Miles Teller. I also was roped in when I saw the 2 writers did movies like Zombieland, Deadpool (not together but in general). Just a weird movie set in the future. Prisoners being experimented it on with drugs that tap into certain emotions like love, fear, etc. Starts off pretty fuckin slow but after about 20 minutes it turns into a pretty slick movie.

6/10

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wakanda Forever

Incredible. It has everything positive you want from an action movie. One of the nice things about this and the first Black Panther movie is they didn't rely on 3-4 Avengers to help boost up the appeal. This movie did a great job handling Boseman's death and I'll be honest, anyone overthinking anything about this movie and the direction of certain characters should feel better after seeing this movie. Top 3 of Phase 4.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Menu 9/10

Just fantastic stuff. Ralph Fiennes was incredible. Even John Leguizamo was good. Fun little movie.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wakanda Forever

Incredible. It has everything positive you want from an action movie. One of the nice things about this and the first Black Panther movie is they didn't rely on 3-4 Avengers to help boost up the appeal. This movie did a great job handling Boseman's death and I'll be honest, anyone overthinking anything about this movie and the direction of certain characters should feel better after seeing this movie. Top 3 of Phase 4.
    this

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Planes, Trains, & Automobiles and Big Trouble in Little China over the past couple of days. I did not enjoy either of them.

Intercontinental Champion VoidKitten's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good found footage is maybe rare, but oh so entertaining. Here's a list of some of my favorites.

Hell House LLC - Probably my favorite ever. Haunted House story where these idiots want to set up a Halloween Haunted House and on opening night shit goes wrong. So good.
    Did you watch all 3? They are all a continuous story and are all actually not bad.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watched Planes, Trains, & Automobiles and Big Trouble in Little China over the past couple of days. I did not enjoy either of them.
    I've never seen planes trains and automobiles, but big trouble I thought was quite good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do we petition to get you removed as a mod so I can become one and ban you for life?

Plans I can accept. Big Trouble....Dude how is the shit that I think is right up your alley, like a slam dunk this dude would love this movie/wrestler/video game/etc. and you go in a totally different direction??

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hwaaat! I love those movies, bummer you didn't like them though. The ending to PT&A always gets me, always always. Steve Martin sitting on the train, thinking about his family and the shitty week he's had, but realizing John Candy's predicament... and the music... ugh, tugs the heartstrings.

Big Trouble in Little China is just... yeah, it's very Carpenter, but it's my favorite Carpenter film. It's bloody ridiculous and it never slows the hell down. Jack Burton is my spirit animal.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    but it's my favorite Carpenter film
    I can only assume you haven't seen Halloween?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do we petition to get you removed as a mod so I can become one and ban you for life?

Plans I can accept. Big Trouble....Dude how is the shit that I think is right up your alley, like a slam dunk this dude would love this movie/wrestler/video game/etc. and you go in a totally different direction??
    What can I say? I mean, i really enjoyed They Live and I had a pretty good idea what I was getting into, I can see why other folks would dig it, and there was some stuff that was cool, but I just didn't connect.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidKitten View Post
    Did you watch all 3? They are all a continuous story and are all actually not bad.
    All 3 of the Hell House movies? Yeah I thought two was excellent. And then 3 happened and it was so bad it destroyed my soul.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I watched Taxi Driver. Had it on my Netflix watch list for a couple of years, figured I ought to actually give it a go. It was good.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Halloween II > Halloween

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    John Carpenter has something in the middle of his films like why is this happening. In Big Trouble, its the Gods showing their ninja skills to the girls for some reason. In Halloween and Halloween II, its usually something with Loomis either scaring the kids or one that lady who comes to get him in the school. In the Fog, its the weather man who is Dad in Halloween hitting on a woman who is the age of his daughter in Halloween. In The Thing, nothing, because ifs fucking perfect!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite Carpenter film is Big Trouble but Escape From NY and The Thing are a tie for second. Hellllla close second.

Never heard of it. What that about?
    Last edited by VHS; November 21st, 2022 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love John Carpenter. One of my favorites is Body Bags, the 3 part anthology. I think it was on Showtime originally. They Live is my favorite movie of all time.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I kickstarted the They Live Board Game and it is way too complicated for a John Carpenter movie, its like more in line with a David Lynch piece.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I quite like John Carpenter's Vampires, and Ghosts of Mars

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like John Carpenter's Vampires, and Ghosts of Mars
    Me too even though I know full well this is don't-give-a-fuck Carpenter times we're talking about. Natasha Henstridge was hot as hell and Ice Cube was so god awfully bad

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghost of Mars is the shit. There were a lot of good random "hey that's a rapper!" movies that came out around this time. Remember 13 Ghosts with Rah Digga??

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird: The Al Yankovic Story.

It exceeded what I expected. Goofy as hell but worth the time.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exorcist III - This was awesome. I was never that impressed with the original Exorcist and think this was significantly better. George C. Scott is great, the plot/mystery is engaging, there's some nice creepy bits, and even though the last act (theatrical version, not director's cut) was forced in by the studio, it's insane and I loved it.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toy Story 4 - Meh. Felt very mediocre. I didn't find it particularly funny or emotional. I only laughed out loud during one of the credits scenes. I get what they were going on the deeper side of it but it didn't land for me (worth nothing I almost cried during 3).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smile was better than I thought it would be, but it relied too much on jump scares.

Halloween Ends was alright.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exorcist III - This was awesome. I was never that impressed with the original Exorcist and think this was significantly better. George C. Scott is great, the plot/mystery is engaging, there's some nice creepy bits, and even though the last act (theatrical version, not director's cut) was forced in by the studio, it's insane and I loved it.
    I've always thought 3 was underrated. I think after the dissapointment of 2 people didn't want to admit that 3 recaptured some of the magic but it did.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lightyear - Figured I might as well stick with the franchise, heh. This wasn't anything special/amazing but it was pretty good. I know it was pretty derivative of a lot of sci-fi stuff, some of that obviously homages, but it kept me entertained/invested, and unlike TS4, I laughed a few times and actually felt the emotional bits. I expected worse.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Lightyear - Figured I might as well stick with the franchise, heh. This wasn't anything special/amazing but it was pretty good. I know it was pretty derivative of a lot of sci-fi stuff, some of that obviously homages, but it kept me entertained/invested, and unlike TS4, I laughed a few times and actually felt the emotional bits. I expected worse.
    I took my kid to see it in the Theater and we both liked it. I was just a fun story.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was good but I'm not the audience they were aiming for. The most enjoyable part about Lightyear was listening/reading all these people freaking out thinking Disney blackballed Tim Allen for his right wing views, all while having zero clue dude was going to be doing a series on Disney+ as Santa Clause lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monstrous

I wanted to watch a random movie, this was on Showtime or Prime I can't remember I watched it through Prime but I have the Showtime app. Anyway....Actually a pretty good movie. It was at about a 3.5 for most of the movie but the last 20 minutes or so bumped it up to a 6. I LOVE CHRISTINA RICCI. So I'll watch damn near anything with her in it.

Premise is her and her young son move to the middle of nowhere to get away from her husband. They move to what appears to be a haunted house and all the fun that goes in with that. Spoiler alert: There's a twist that takes the movie to a different level and makes it worth having to sit through the first hour or so.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indonesian horror film Satan's Slaves just got a sequel on Shudder and fuck me it was fantastic (except for the subtitles that got slowly more and more off track as the movie went on) gory and amazing. Wow! The first one was good but it was more subtle, spooky and low budget. This was big and loud with plenty of cool deaths and great scares. Sets up a 3rd one at the end and I'm so down.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indonesian horror film Satan's Slaves just got a sequel on Shudder and fuck me it was fantastic (except for the subtitles that got slowly more and more off track as the movie went on) gory and amazing. Wow! The first one was good but it was more subtle, spooky and low budget. This was big and loud with plenty of cool deaths and great scares. Sets up a 3rd one at the end and I'm so down.
    We watched the first one a month or two back (can't remember if I posted about it in here) and thought it was pretty decent. Sounds like we'll be giving that one a watch, too. Shame about the subtitles, hopefully it doesn't detract/confuse too much.

I just read that Scare Package, the anthology horror flick Dustin Rhodes is in (read it on his FB page), has a sequel coming to Shudder on Dec. 22nd.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watched Silent Night (2012) on Shudder the other day. Pretty standard horror fare but it held my interest. Malcolm McDowell is awesome as ever.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Silent Night (2012) on Shudder the other day. Pretty standard horror fare but it held my interest. Malcolm McDowell is awesome as ever.
    He's one of those actors that are so much better than everyone it makes some of those movie seem "less than".

One of my favorite movies that he's in is called Class of 1999.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He's one of those actors that are so much better than everyone it makes some of those movie seem "less than".

One of my favorite movies that he's in is called Class of 1999.
    Haven't seen that one, but after looking it up seems decent.

McDowell and Brad Douriff are the only reasons I would watch Rob Zombie's Halloween again lol

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen that one, but after looking it up seems decent.

McDowell and Brad Douriff are the only reasons I would watch Rob Zombie's Halloween again lol
    Class of 1999 is one of the few movies Bradley Gregg did that he gets more than 4 minutes of screentime. Killed off pretty early in Nightmare 3 (Phillip the puppeteer) and you see him a couple times in Fire In The Sky. The 3 teachers in Class of 1999 are like a trio of badass B-Movie actors. Pam Grier, Patrick Kilpatrick, and John Ryan. You have Stacy Keach who's eyes have always been weird.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio on Netflix is excellent. Highly recommend.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Christmas Bloody Christmas on Shudder was fantastic.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Props to @Rancid_Planet for recommending Satan's Slaves: Communion. We just watched it tonight and thought it was great. Big step up from the first one. Great atmosphere and good scares. Reminded me of The Shining a bit in that the big spooky building was as much a character as anyone else with lots of hallways and rooms and not knowing what's around the corners adding to the tension. Hell yeah.

Christmas Bloody Christmas on Shudder was fantastic.
    Saw that listed, will dial it up on the weekend.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Props to @Rancid_Planet for recommending Satan's Slaves: Communion. We just watched it tonight and thought it was great. Big step up from the first one. Great atmosphere and good scares. Reminded me of The Shining a bit in that the big spooky building was as much a character as anyone else with lots of hallways and rooms and not knowing what's around the corners adding to the tension. Hell yeah.

Saw that listed, will dial it up on the weekend.
    So glad you watched that one man. I love Indonesian horror and that one is right up there with the very best I've seen.

The elevator scene? SQUIIIIIIISH

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christmas Bloody Christmas - Due to @Donald's glowing review, we dialed it up. Ok, cons first: holy shit the dialogue for the first twenty-whatever minutes where they're just talking and bickering about music and whatnot was excruciating and the protagonist was pretty unlikeable. Once robo-Santa started going off, shit got good and the rest of the movie delivered pretty well. I really liked

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christmas Bloody Christmas - Due to @Donald's glowing review, we dialed it up. Ok, cons first: holy shit the dialogue for the first twenty-whatever minutes where they're just talking and bickering about music and whatnot was excruciating and the protagonist was pretty unlikeable. Once robo-Santa started going off, shit got good and the rest of the movie delivered pretty well. I really liked
    Talking and bickering about music? In like a faux Tarantino way? Because that shit drives me nuts.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is exactly what I thought they were going for, yes.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is exactly what I thought they were going for, yes.
    Ugh.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Glass Onion yesterday. Never saw Knives Out but read this was a stand alone so it's all good. Really enjoyed it, lots of fun. They did do that thing, though, where there's no way you as a viewer could solve things because there's info you don't get until they start revealing it during the solving stuff.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Glass Onion yesterday. Never saw Knives Out but read this was a stand alone so it's all good. Really enjoyed it, lots of fun. They did do that thing, though, where there's no way you as a viewer could solve things because there's info you don't get until they start revealing it during the solving stuff.
    Ah ok didn't know this was a stand alone. I barely remember Knives Out so that's good. Netflix had a preview of Batista getting out of the water and that's all it took to sell me lol.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed The Glass Onion immensely. Found it had the right balance of intrigue, great pacing, and humor.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scare Package II - Hilarious. Great send-up/homage to horror flicks.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was under the impression that all the dialogue at the beginning was to make you hate every character, so you end up rooting for robo Santa.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure I was supposed to root for the main chick...?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ugh she was the worst.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Halloween Ends was the movie of the year.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The House (2022) - Stop motion animated flick on Netflix. Three stories. I love stop motion for starters and it was lovely just from a visual standpoint. I particularly liked the first two stories as they were more ominous/strange but the third was decent, too. I think it was 3/4 of the way to being great but didn't quite hit the mark, just needed a bit more meat to everything, you kind of see what it's trying to do/say with the stories but it doesn't quite go deep/far enough to be a homerun, if that makes sense. Good, though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Menu (2022)

I remember first seeing the preview thinking this probably sucks and then halfway through the preview my mind was changed immediately. A very odd movie but in a good way. Everyone delivers. Definitely recommend it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Menu (2022)

I remember first seeing the preview thinking this probably sucks and then halfway through the preview my mind was changed immediately. A very odd movie but in a good way. Everyone delivers. Definitely recommend it.
    I thought it was a horror movie but someone at work was telling me it's more like a dark comedy? Either way it's on HBO so I'll check it out this weekend.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was a horror movie but someone at work was telling me it's more like a dark comedy? Either way it's on HBO so I'll check it out this weekend.
    It's listed as a "dark comedy horror thriller" which I definitely felt it was more along the lines of a horror thriller. The comedic stuff is kind of subtle but it definitely has a more serious tone than The Frighteners for example.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'd go dark comedy with some gore. Also a bit of a mystery movie as well. It was really good. I thought Anya Taylor-Joy was, again, kind of hard to take your eyes off of. Maybe it's just that she's always in such good movies. Idk but she killed it again here.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M3GAN - Oh my god, yes. It was everything I wanted/hoped. Good stupid fun.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M3GAN - Oh my god, yes. It was everything I wanted/hoped. Good stupid fun.
    Ahh, glad to read this.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my oldest daughter and I are going to see this next weekend.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've watched a few movies since my last "review" but I'm going to just talk about the most recent.

You People

Definitely worth checking out. The only thing I cared about was if it was rated R because I know Eddie Murphy is jumping back into the more adult movies again, and the concept of this movie would be kind of lame in execution if it were anything less.

Jonah Hill, not bad. IDK if he really fit that well into this role like I was hoping. It just didn't feel natural but he wasn't terrible. Eddie was solid, Nia Long was lookin SWEET. It's weird seeing David Duchovny as Jonah Hill's dad because that guy in my head is still only like 35 lol. All in all not a bad movie, kind of paint by numbers with the way the parents react toward their soon to be son/daughter-in-law being a different race. Julia Louis Dreyfuss was probably the highlight. 7/10. Worth watching, it's on Netflix, especially if you're a fan of Eddie Murphy getting back into the R rated material.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We watched The Menu a couple days ago. It was really good. Nice and weird, tense, funny at times, and pretty unpredictable. Definitely recommend.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We watched The Menu a couple days ago. It was really good. Nice and weird, tense, funny at times, and pretty unpredictable. Definitely recommend.
    I thought this was a good movie as well. I'm here for anything Anya Taylor-Joy. I'll be honest, had no clue she was American. For whatever reason I thought she was from like Sweden or somewhere with much better looking women.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    With eyes far apart like that, I'm pretty sure she's from Jupiter. She must have come here in the same spaceship as Taylor Swift and Emma Stone.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With eyes far apart like that, I'm pretty sure she's from Jupiter. She must have come here in the same spaceship as Taylor Swift and Emma Stone.
    Whatever planet they're from, beam me up Donnie!

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Glass Onion and thought it was great. Better than the first IMO (I didn't love the first one as much as most people did).

8.2/10

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    We the People maybe the worst film I have seen Eddie Murphy in.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Prequel?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Saw Killer Klowns From Outer Space in the theater on Monday. I've seen this movie probably 100 times and it's just awesome. Getting to see it on a big screen was fantastic. 10/10

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw Killer Klowns From Outer Space in the theater on Monday. I've seen this movie probably 100 times and it's just awesome. Getting to see it on a big screen was fantastic. 10/10
    I'd love to see it on the big screen. I'm a big fan, my oldest daughter is an even bigger fan she has a ton of cool merch. A guy even did a cool painting for her birthday of the Klowns.

Weird part is I just shared something about this movie and it was fucking me up about how Dan Cramer (Mike) was supposed to be a senior and he was actually 28 lol. Gotta love the 80's/90's where they tried to pass off people who were almost 30 or older as high school students.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed it quite a bit.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    That's the Zeb Colter story. The title you meant was You People. But you covered it so I ain't watching it.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I saw Vesper, a 2022 film about a dystopia caused by genetic engineering gone nuts. Beautiful to look at in a weird way. Its slow to start and the ending is just there. Still good to find on AMC Plus.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    That's the Zeb Colter story. The title you meant was You People. But you covered it so I ain't watching it.
    Yea, that one.