Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 1661

Thread: Movie Review Thread

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Wind River is something I need to watch because Taylor Sheridan is the fucking man.
    Started watching Yellowstone recently and I'm almost through season 1. While I'm enjoying the show, it does tend to get a little bit cringe with the country dialogue at times. Someone will ask a simple question, but the answer will always be long-winded "what do you think?"

Still tho... highly recommend Yellowstone.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just learned Rip was the Nazi from Higher Learning and the bully with the ginger fro from Dazed and Confused and my mind is blown.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Have you heard Beth speak in a british accent?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Have you heard Beth speak in a british accent?
    Yes. And I'll say it didn't totally surprise me because of the over pronunciation but still. It blows my mind how easily these people slip in and out of accents.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Just learned Rip was the Nazi from Higher Learning and the bully with the ginger fro from Dazed and Confused and my mind is blown.
    Dude is also one of Matthew McConaughey’s best friends and was in the house the night of the infamous naked bongo playing arrest.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cole Hauser is a very underrated actor. Those 2 movies you just mentioned, he has small roles but nails them, very memorable.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Cole Hauser is a very underrated actor. Those 2 movies you just mentioned, he has small roles but nails them, very memorable.
    Dude that evil fucking nazi in higher learning fucked me up. He RUINED that poor kids life.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whooooa! Dude is a dang chameleon. Will always think of him from Pitch Black.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Whooooa! Dude is a dang chameleon. Will always think of him from Pitch Black.
    I never learned his name but I ALWAYS recognize him when he pops up in shit. That Boston accent and mean mug just stick out to me.

But I watched the whole first season of Yellowstone and never recognized him once. The strength of the cast seems to be the best thing about the show. All of these people can really act their ass off.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never learned his name but I ALWAYS recognize him when he pops up in shit. That Boston accent and mean mug just stick out to me.

But I watched the whole first season of Yellowstone and never recognized him once. The strength of the cast seems to be the best thing about the show. All of these people can really act their ass off.
    I really don't like Beth though, I don't think she's a good actress at all. Something about her just bugs me.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't know she was British but I should have fucking guessed. So many damn British actors with fake American accents.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I really don't like Beth though, I don't think she's a good actress at all. Something about her just bugs me.
    At least from what I've seen, she has the poorest written character. It feels like she's just written to be a "crazy woman" so they don't give a fuck if she does or says something in one scene that is totally contrary to something she said or did in the previous episode.

But I don't think it's the actress that's the problem. In general all the women on Yellowstone are written kind of poorly. But since there aren't that many it doesn't hurt the show much.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Halloween Kills might be the greatest movie ever made. I've seen it about 30 times and it gets better with each viewing. I don't normally get erections when watching movies, but when I do it's during Halloween Kills.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuck me this movie is so good.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like it better than Halloween (1978), my former favorite movie.

I didn't really care for Halloween (2018). Speaks volumes that they made the sequel so much better.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    “Ray Donovan: The Movie”

It was fine. They did the best they could, tried to tie up the TV series in 100 minutes after being prematurely cancelled prior to their final season. The ending was as expected; if you watched the series, you would have predicted it.

The TV series started off strong but I lost interest about halfway through for various reasons. The final 2+ seasons were a bit of a chore, my OCD simply wouldn’t let me drop it after committing so much time; I watched the movie out of a sense of duty, I had to see how they finished it off.

5/10.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got around to watching Wonder Woman 84 and I have to say, I had heard the poor reviews going in so my expectations were low but I really enjoyed it. I'm sure the criticisms against it are probably fair and I might even agree with them but I don't care. It was a big fun stupid comic book flick and kind of had throwback vibes to the old Superman flicks and felt like a classic old-school comic book story. 8/10

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't negative to Wonder Woman 84. It wasn't as good as the first one and maybe that was the problem with some people. Plus when negative reviews cloud your judgement that doesn't help either. Which brings me to:

ETERNALS

I dug it. Kind of all over the place but it was entertaining and interesting. A couple quality end credit scenes as well setting the table for some wild shit in the future so don't forget to stick around to the very very end.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Candyman movie was a flop. 4/10. Felt like I could've taken a dump and not missed anything.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    New Candyman movie was a flop. 4/10. Felt like I could've taken a dump and not missed anything.
    Took too long and tried to overexplain a very simple premise but I still liked it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Agreed. Felt like it took way too long for the story to get going and there's nothing more overplayed than a main character trying to figure out a mystery that we already know. The last few minutes were cool, but overall it was disappointing. The end credits were the best part of the movie though, the puppet stories were very creative and told a better story than the movie did.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, I enjoyed the end credits as well not just because the torture of a slow-developing plot was over but because it was different. Almost shut it off at that point of credits rolling but I was too slow and then "Ok, I waiting this long, what's a few more minutes?"

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked it and watched it again not too long ago. It definitely felt like this was just one of those "setting the table" movies. Like Dune. I watched that and although I knew it was part 1 of X amount of parts, it was dragging ass for awhile.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just watched They Live for the first time this afternoon. It was a pretty good time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I just watched They Live for the first time this afternoon. It was a pretty good time.
    Wait until you're like me who's probably seen that movie 50 times and it becomes an obsession. Or don't. I did buy the Funkos a few months back of John Nada and the alien. I'm still waiting for the day I put on sunglasses and see the world for how it truly is.

Now...did you think the fight scene between Piper and Keith David was good? People say it's the best fight scene ever in a movie. Not just random people, people like me.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew about the fight scene going into it so I had an idea what to expect. It was pretty hilarious. I think it was supposed to be...? Of course, you know I popped for the suplexes.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still remember where I wad the first time I saw it because I saw Roddy Piper and shit myself telling my mom to I needed to see it. I had no idea it was going to be one of those B classics one day lol

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matrix 4 was garbage, but I love this track.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew about the fight scene going into it so I had an idea what to expect. It was pretty hilarious. I think it was supposed to be...? Of course, you know I popped for the suplexes.
    Yeah I think it was supposed to be pretty over the top. They pulled out the gutwrench suplex lol.

I still remember where I wad the first time I saw it because I saw Roddy Piper and shit myself telling my mom to I needed to see it. I had no idea it was going to be one of those B classics one day lol
    I know I was really young when I first saw it because it had just came out on VHS and my uncle's ex-wife was super cool and let me watch it with her. Shout out to her because she's this great artist who was all about the B-level movies and Stephen King. But damn she could draw ANYTHING. We had her draw up some of our favorite Marvel trading cards with no color so we could fill them in ourselves. Never did have her draw me anything They Live related.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CAM - On Netflix. Don't want to say too much but it's about a cam girl and shit gets weird. Lots of reviewers seem miffed because they need mysteries fully spelled out in the end and this doesn't do that. But I can dig that and I liked this flick. Main actress did well, respects sex work, good psychological ride. 7/10

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the new Ghostbusters finally.

God was that so FUCKING hard Hollywood? Where was this shit 20 fucking years ago?

I loved it. Brought tears to my eyes. This wasn't just a loveletter to fans. It was a love letter to EGON. The REAL Ghostbuster.

Fucking thumbs up. I will watch all the sequels. Bring that shit on.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rewatched Toys (1992) the other day. Had seen it in theater as a kid and maybe once or twice after that. Remember thinking it was a bit unsettling at the time and didn't know what exactly to make of it. Upon rewatch I like aspects of it but I can see why it's considered a real swing and a miss. It tries to be a lot of things and pretty much fails at all of them. Its a comedy but its not especially funny (Williams comes across as more annoying than humorous), it's a family film that's too adult/dark, it's a satire but its message is muddled and self-contradicted. The visuals are amazing and the overall surreal vibe is where it shines. I dig weird but it's a shame the rest of it's not at the same level.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the new Ghostbusters finally.

God was that so FUCKING hard Hollywood? Where was this shit 20 fucking years ago?

I loved it. Brought tears to my eyes. This wasn't just a loveletter to fans. It was a love letter to EGON. The REAL Ghostbuster.

Fucking thumbs up. I will watch all the sequels. Bring that shit on.
    Hey mang don't blame Hollywood this was more about Akroyd and the rest of the guys A-not being on the same page and B-not having a good enough story/script. I think there was some legit bad blood between some of these guys. Either way, it was great.

I rewatched Toys (1992) the other day. Had seen it in theater as a kid and maybe once or twice after that. Remember thinking it was a bit unsettling at the time and didn't know what exactly to make of it. Upon rewatch I like aspects of it but I can see why it's considered a real swing and a miss. It tries to be a lot of things and pretty much fails at all of them. Its a comedy but its not especially funny (Williams comes across as more annoying than humorous), it's a family film that's too adult/dark, it's a satire but its message is muddled and self-contradicted. The visuals are amazing and the overall surreal vibe is where it shines. I dig weird but it's a shame the rest of it's not at the same level.
    Damn at first I thought you meant The Toy with Richard Pryor lol. Toys was weird as fuck. It was always on after school on like HBO or Showtime when I was in middle school. It's definitely a movie of the times and even then it was a little too weird for the early 90's. I looked it up, it cost about 50 million to make and only pulled in half that at the box office. Also-- Jamie Foxx's first movie as well. This was right around the time I started getting this weird thing for Joan Cusack. This movie and Addams Family Values.

Ever played the game on Super NES? Just as weird lol.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mang don't blame Hollywood this was more about Akroyd and the rest of the guys A-not being on the same page and B-not having a good enough story/script. I think there was some legit bad blood between some of these guys. Either way, it was great.

Damn at first I thought you meant The Toy with Richard Pryor lol. Toys was weird as fuck. It was always on after school on like HBO or Showtime when I was in middle school. It's definitely a movie of the times and even then it was a little too weird for the early 90's. I looked it up, it cost about 50 million to make and only pulled in half that at the box office. Also-- Jamie Foxx's first movie as well. This was right around the time I started getting this weird thing for Joan Cusack. This movie and Addams Family Values.

Ever played the game on Super NES? Just as weird lol.
    Joan Cusack on Shameless was by far the best part for the seasons she was on. An absolutely looney toons sex addict with OCD. Should have done a spinoff with her as the main character.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My wife's grandma was visiting and she wanted to watch Cry Macho.

It was terrible. I love Clint Eastwood but he's too old to still try to act.

Dwight Yokam wasn't much better.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Joan Cusack on Shameless was by far the best part for the seasons she was on. An absolutely looney toons sex addict with OCD. Should have done a spinoff with her as the main character.
    Incredible lol. Poor Frank.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The missus and I finally got around to watching the latest Bond flick, No Time to Die, over the weekend.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Daniel Craig is my favorite Bond actor.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible lol. Poor Frank.
    One of my favorite moments in the whole series was when Frank was sitting in the Alibi and Joan’s husband came up to him and gave him advice on how to make it all less painful. Killed me.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Melly and I just got back from Jackass Forever. Had the theater to ourselves and had an absolute hoot and a half.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched I'm Thinking of Ending Things this afternoon. Quite a ride. Creepy, confusing, intriguing. Takes some pretty sharp turns into the absurd. I could see some folks finding it slow going and boring, there are some loooong stretches of dialogue and it gets a little pretentious I suppose but overall, I quite liked it. Read a few articles afterward to make sure I "got" it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel bad that it took me until 2 nights ago to finally watch the movie The Prestige. When we did the 2000-2009 best movies poll that was one that everyone but me seemed to rank and rank high. It's on Prime now so I banged it out and yeah it was incredible. 8/10.

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Hustlers (2019)

A fun little romp. I enjoyed seeing the girls do their thing. 7/10

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just watched the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre that dropped on Netflix today. It was garbage.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just watched the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre that dropped on Netflix today. It was garbage.
    Watching it tonight? Or I WAS. What's wrong with it?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching it tonight? Or I WAS. What's wrong with it?
    It's every typical dumb modern slasher. Feels like they could've taken an already written script for one of those and just slapped in some TCM elements so they could make a few more bucks.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed it. It was too short though. 81 mins. They never really explained what the fuck they were really doing in that town besides just "having a dream" and the characters were about as uninformed as humanly possible.

Having said that the kills were great the practical effects were amazing and it felt like a chainsaw movie.

I'd give it a 6.5

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kills were cool and the protagonists were super unlikable especially the short haired one.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watched Scream 2022.

I saw half the twist coming. The movie doesn't make sense under even the slightest scrutiny and goes the meta route to the extreme but some of the kills were cool I guess. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in theaters.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We watched The Lodge last night. Had some Hereditary, The Shining, and The Thing vibes and was a pretty decent creepy psychological ride.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We watched The Lodge last night. Had some Hereditary, The Shining, and The Thing vibes and was a pretty decent creepy psychological ride.
    I'm perplexed how you hated something as awesome as Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022) but thought the awful The Lodge was decent.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry I perplexed you. Better than suplexing you, I suppose...?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No, I'd love to be suplexed by you.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'm perplexed how you hated something as awesome as Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022) but thought the awful The Lodge was decent.
    Lodge was good and Texas Chainsaw was terrible. Really all of the Texas Chainsaw movies were awful besides the original.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nonsense. The 2003 remake was pretty good, as was the follow-up, The Beginning.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen all the TCM sequels, just the OG (which i love) and the remakes/prequels from 2003 onward. The 2003 remake was alright. I almost walked out of The Beginning.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've only ever walked out of two movies. One of the Underworld films but I hadn't seen any of the previous films so I had no clue what was happening, and Cry Wolf, because people wouldn't stop talking. I got my money back and saw it the next day at a matinee showing.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2003 remake had peak Jessica Biel in it, so that was probably the only redeeming part of it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed Leatherface 1990 with Vigo Mortenson. The 2003 remake was good too.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw X, directed by Ti West. Really enjoyed it. Didn't know much about it going in, other than it was directed by Ti West. I loved his films House of the Devil and the Innkeepers. Highly recommend this film, especially if you like horror films. 8/10.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Want You Back:

Funny, light-hearted romantic fluff comedy. Two people who were dumped form a pact to get each other back together with the people who dumped them. Jenny Slate and Charlie Day are the main characters working together. Charlie Day was his usual funny self doing his normal shtick of possible self-loathing mixed with sarcasm. This is the third thing I've seen Jenny Slate in and in two of them she's a psycho but she plays it well and was funny. You can predict how the movie ends but it was funny enough to keep my attention. I recommend it.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bubble (2022)

This movie sucked.

The concept is solid... they're making part 6 of an action franchise during the height of the pandemic, so the production goes on in a Covid bubble, but the conditions suck and the studio is in the shitter due to the pandemic so they won't let it be shut down so the actors are literally trapped as the production turns to hell. It's a send-up of action franchises, of the pandemic, and the industry in general. It's almost the same concept as Tropic Thunder, but with the pandemic bubble setting instead of the jungle setting. This concept, plus the strong cast and Apatow at the helm, all sounds well and good. Who wouldn't green light this movie?

But holy shit, the script sucks. Judd, wtf man. I'm fan of him in general but this is just bad writing. Feels like they came up with a good idea and he wrote the script in 5 days and never re-wrote it.

The acting is not generally the issue here but David Duchovny is notably awful. He seems like he was completely phoning in his performance. Karen Gillan is good (I love her) and Fred Armisen is too. Pedro Pascal has basically nothing to do in this movie so I don't know why his character even exists. Kate McKinnon is not good either... I think she just isn't a good film performer and will continue to struggle in anything other than SNL (though I hope she proves me wrong). Iris Apatow is okay... to Judd's credit, I think she's a promising actor and could rightfully land tv/film roles so it isn't total over the top nepotism for him to include her. She neither steals scenes nor ruins the movie and her character isn't well written (like most) so it's hard to blame her. I did, however, find it hilarious that she was billed second in the credits. She was not the second lead of this movie so putting her 2nd above Duchovy, Key, Armisen and Pascal did feel like nepotism.

There were some funny moments, but overall this was such a waste of a concept and all-star cast. I wish Ben Stiller had written/directed it instead.

Score: 3/10

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, was just considering watching that but then looked at it's IMDB/Rotten Tomato score and opted out. Seems like the right call.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've never not seen something, or seen something, based on a critic or other users. There are plenty of films that people say are awful that I enjoy, and vice versa. I think you should check it out and find out for yourself how it is. #empowerment

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll do that if it's something I was actually hyped for or interested in but I don't give a shit about this movie.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Bert should watch it, though. He would enjoy it. Strong recommendation for this one to Bert only.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I might watch The Batman today since it's out on HBOMax.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I want to watch Malignant, Death on the Nile, and the Batman. I'm off work on Friday so may watch those then, if the wife doesn't want to see them.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to watch Malignant, Death on the Nile, and the Batman. I'm off work on Friday so may watch those then, if the wife doesn't want to see them.
    Malignant was fucking AMAZING.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    The Bubble (2022)

This movie sucked.

The concept is solid... they're making part 6 of an action franchise during the height of the pandemic, so the production goes on in a Covid bubble, but the conditions suck and the studio is in the shitter due to the pandemic so they won't let it be shut down so the actors are literally trapped as the production turns to hell. It's a send-up of action franchises, of the pandemic, and the industry in general. It's almost the same concept as Tropic Thunder, but with the pandemic bubble setting instead of the jungle setting. This concept, plus the strong cast and Apatow at the helm, all sounds well and good. Who wouldn't green light this movie?

But holy shit, the script sucks. Judd, wtf man. I'm fan of him in general but this is just bad writing. Feels like they came up with a good idea and he wrote the script in 5 days and never re-wrote it.

The acting is not generally the issue here but David Duchovny is notably awful. He seems like he was completely phoning in his performance. Karen Gillan is good (I love her) and Fred Armisen is too. Pedro Pascal has basically nothing to do in this movie so I don't know why his character even exists. Kate McKinnon is not good either... I think she just isn't a good film performer and will continue to struggle in anything other than SNL (though I hope she proves me wrong). Iris Apatow is okay... to Judd's credit, I think she's a promising actor and could rightfully land tv/film roles so it isn't total over the top nepotism for him to include her. She neither steals scenes nor ruins the movie and her character isn't well written (like most) so it's hard to blame her. I did, however, find it hilarious that she was billed second in the credits. She was not the second lead of this movie so putting her 2nd above Duchovy, Key, Armisen and Pascal did feel like nepotism.

There were some funny moments, but overall this was such a waste of a concept and all-star cast. I wish Ben Stiller had written/directed it instead.

Score: 3/10
    Main problem here was that the movie didn't need to be 7 hours long. I didn't check the clock so I'm only going on how long it felt but I just feel like a comedy doesn't need to be like watching Malcom X followed by Gone with the Wind in terms of run time.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Northman was alright, but far from the masterpiece I saw some reviews label it as. 7/10

I did really enjoy Egger's The Witch. Haven't gotten around to see the Lighthouse, though I own it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went back to the 80's last night and watched a movie I had only heard about in passing RIVER'S EDGE. 1987 release. One of Keanu Reeves' first movies. Stars Crispin Glover who I'm pretty sure was channeling the future Corey Feldman in his performance. Dennis Hopper is in it, Iona Skye, Leo Rossi, a few others that went on to have B-movie level success.

Reading up on it they consider this movie one of the best "teen killer" movies of all time. Even called it a horror movie which doesn't make sense. The concept is a friend kills his gf and the group are torn on what to do about it. Turn him in, help him hide the body, what are some northern Cali hoodlums supposed to do?

It was one of those movies where after watching it and then reading the praise, I was kind of like "really? They think it's that great?" Pretty sure Glover had already done Back to the Future. I give it a 6/10 mainly because some of the acting was fucking terrible BUT you could definitely see the eventual star power Keanu Reeves would have as he did a pretty decent job.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FINALLY saw Jackass Forever. A bit of nostalgia, a lot of craziness mixed with gross out and stupidity, and it added up to a lot of fun.

It was a lot better than the movie my wife made me watch with her. The Lost City. Sandra Bullock is okay, Channing Tatum and Brad Pitt are very good, and Daniel Radcliffe does better than expected as a villain. I think they were trying to remake / rip off Romancing the Stone, but this was light fun fare.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    FINALLY saw Jackass Forever. A bit of nostalgia, a lot of craziness mixed with gross out and stupidity, and it added up to a lot of fun.

It was a lot better than the movie my wife made me watch with her. The Lost City. Sandra Bullock is okay, Channing Tatum and Brad Pitt are very good, and Daniel Radcliffe does better than expected as a villain. I think they were trying to remake / rip off Romancing the Stone, but this was light fun fare.
    Jackass forever had SO MANY DICKS. I mean I'm a fan and I get it but dear God...the dicks.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Harry Met Sally

I had never seen this before. It was a very good rom-com, worthy of being remembered as well as it's been. Meg Ryan in her 20s was an absolutely stunner, and she is perfect for these kind of rom-com roles that she became so well known for. The "I'll have what she's having" scene is a classic. It wouldn't make my Mt. Rushmore of rom-coms but it's close, and I wouldn't fault anyone for having it on there.

Score: 8/10

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I banged out quite a few movies this weekend:

Dog-Incredible. Rented it solely to see Kevin Nash's small part. The whole movie was top notch. Shout out to Channing Tatum, he did good in this quasi-serious role.

Uncharted-Very good. Probably would've made me throw up in the theater but overall it's a solid action movie. Never played any of the games but I know the concept. Wahlberg and Holland were a good pair. Holland just looks so young.

Infinite-Must've been a Marky Mark weekend. This was actually pretty fuckin cool. Action was crazy and I really like the premise. People who can remember their past lives=that's dope.

Moonfall-Eh....It's all over the place and I heard it was one of the most expensive indie movies ever made (north of $130 million) It's worth the Redbox rental.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chip & Dale- A very fun movie. A lot better than it had any right to be.

The Adam Project- Started off very strong and fell apart towards the end. A fun sci-fi adventure with Ryan Reynolds, Mark Ruffalo, and Jennifer Garner.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    Chip & Dale- A very fun movie. A lot better than it had any right to be.

The Adam Project- Started off very strong and fell apart towards the end. A fun sci-fi adventure with Ryan Reynolds, Mark Ruffalo, and Jennifer Garner.
    Chip & Dale. I wasn't into the show at all as a kid but I LOVED the NES game. I want to check this out for some of the cameos I'm hearing. I've heard this has a Wreck It Ralph vibe. Those movies were great.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would have enjoyed Chip & Dale but I really despise Andy Sandberg so I just kept imagining his goofy face the whole movie. Also, it reminded me just how much Disney owns and made me sad inside.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you don't like Andy Samberg, then this might not be for you. A very Lonely Island movie.

The Wreck-It Ralph comparison is spot on, Nash.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a big fan of Samberg either but I also don't really watch anything he's been in other than the Lonely Island stuff which is fucking incredible.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackass forever had SO MANY DICKS. I mean I'm a fan and I get it but dear God...the dicks.
    There were quite a bit. It was interesting that Bam was still in one of the skits, despite their legal stuff that ultimately went down and were later resolved.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    There were quite a bit. It was interesting that Bam was still in one of the skits, despite their legal stuff that ultimately went down and were later resolved.
    Maybe that was just to get him paid? From what I understand that was all he filmed before being kicked off the production. I saw he recently didbl a long stint in rehab and in the pic he looked much healthier so maybe he's getting it together.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched Wyrmwood last night and it fucking rocks God I love Aussie horror.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Bam's in the background for the wedgie stunt but that's it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrong thread.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 23rd, 2022 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Think I might see Men this weekend, the trailer has me intrigued.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I might see Men this weekend, the trailer has me intrigued.
    It looks really cool.

I'm still hoping to see Dr Strange and Sonic 2 lol. I think Sonic's about to leave but Strange should be there another week or 2.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sonic 2 is on Paramount+ now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonic 2 is on Paramount+ now.
    WHAAAAAAT??

Just looked it up and it dropped today! I almost went and saw it on Sunday but my daughter didn't want to go because she wasn't a fan of the 1st one.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WHAAAAAAT??

Just looked it up and it dropped today! I almost went and saw it on Sunday but my daughter didn't want to go because she wasn't a fan of the 1st one.
    I haven't seen either, but I do love jim Carrey so I'll have to check them out

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen either, but I do love jim Carrey so I'll have to check them out
    1st one is great. Even if you don't like Sonic they did a really good job.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turning Red - Fun, cute, amusing romp, if a bit predictable, with a good message. Impressed how much they actually addressed puberty/period stuff. Good stuff.

Chip n Dale - Welp, my expectations from the trailer were correct, this was quite good. Some clever references/cameos/jokes, was quite surprised with the wide range of characters they got in there, and the meta approach was probably more interesting than a straight-up in universe movie would have been. Definitely recommend.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I keep seeing people talk about how good Chip n Dale was. I am was very meh about it. Not a bad movie but not what I was kind of hoping. I liked the nods to the past and doing this meta approach was interesting but at the end of the day I was just underwhelmed by it all.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I banged out quite a few movies this weekend:

Dog-Incredible. Rented it solely to see Kevin Nash's small part. The whole movie was top notch. Shout out to Channing Tatum, he did good in this quasi-serious role.

Uncharted-Very good. Probably would've made me throw up in the theater but overall it's a solid action movie. Never played any of the games but I know the concept. Wahlberg and Holland were a good pair. Holland just looks so young.

Infinite-Must've been a Marky Mark weekend. This was actually pretty fuckin cool. Action was crazy and I really like the premise. People who can remember their past lives=that's dope.

Moonfall-Eh....It's all over the place and I heard it was one of the most expensive indie movies ever made (north of $130 million) It's worth the Redbox rental.
    I need to add Dog and Uncharted to my list of movies to watch. Trailers got me interested and I hear good things.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I keep seeing people talk about how good Chip n Dale was. I am was very meh about it. Not a bad movie but not what I was kind of hoping. I liked the nods to the past and doing this meta approach was interesting but at the end of the day I was just underwhelmed by it all.
    These movies that cater to people between the ages of 35-45 are tough because we're so much older now. And when these shows were on, most of us were like 12-13 anyway. It's one of those movies where we would've enjoyed it more if it came out 20-25 years ago. Who the fuck has cared about these 2 since 1992? It's not like Sonic or Pokemon where they never left.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I think my expectations were too high. I was eager to see the nods to the past and this meta approach and yeah at the end of the day I was like meh. Yeah I was a on the older sided when this cartoon was on but I love cartoons and always have so I watched it and loved it. So again that fed into my expectations.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firestarter (2022): Not bad enough to turn it off but definitely not good, haha.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Firestarter (2022): Not bad enough to turn it off but definitely not good, haha.
    I wanted to go see this in the theater but the wife was like nah it's on Peacock. But we still haven't seen it.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trailers for that Firestarter were very off putting to me.