User Tag List

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 2,901 to 2,989 of 2989

Thread: Rajah Fantasy Football 2017/18 Official Thread

  1. #2901
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Let's not pretend we're talking about some radical shakeup of the game. We're talking about the draft order and at most one player out of seven being kept from last year. Those are tiny issues and nothing that is going to make people stick with the game instead of dropping out after a few weeks.

    I don't see any argument for resetting that makes any sense.
    We have struggled to attract newer players to the game (and stick to it) for years. This way, now that we have a few new players, everyone has a fair crack of the whip and an even chance to win the fucker. Nobody has ever won it as a brand new player. One draft (which ultimately is bollocks anyway no matter what anyone says) and then it's a game of chess between theoretically 12-16 evenly matched teams. Why is that so hard to comprehend as being a good, exciting idea to rejuvenate the game?

  2. #2902
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    There's only one new player! Everyone else has played before.

    Plus all this says is if your squad is shit just quit and come back next year.

  3. #2903
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Only way I can see any logic in this is if there's some genuinely radical change. Like some sort of auction for players (silent or otherwise) instead of drafting. If it's drafting then just use last year's order - if it is as pointless as you say then it doesn't matter but at least gives the impression that you're rewarding the players who stuck with the game when everyone else quit.

  4. #2904
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    This is the kind of shit pointless back and forth which led to comments like "let it die ffs" to begin with

    BBF has made the decisions and taken on board everyone's opinion. Give it a rest now. In the words of our new ruler we PLOUGH ON

  5. #2905
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    Do you not find it a little odd that you are the only person saying this Beef? Literally less than a month ago you were saying "let it die" and now you want to basically keep it as it is and play again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    BBF is our king and my next vote for Admin.

  6. #2906
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    I actually quite like the auction idea. Let me think about how that might work.

  7. #2907
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Unbelievably some people do have different views on things to other people

    BBF is here to take onboard our shit strong opinions in these discussions and make a decision. Today he's done that and it bodes well for future big shit arguments where MMH tries to fucking steal my player or some bullshit

  8. #2908
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    This is the kind of shit pointless back and forth which led to comments like "let it die ffs" to begin with

    BBF has made the decisions and taken on board everyone's opinion. Give it a rest now. In the words of our new ruler we PLOUGH ON
    No

  9. #2909
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I actually quite like the auction idea. Let me think about how that might work.
    I always liked the idea of them in the American sports but no one would do them because it's such a time commitment compared to a live draft but I guess things are different here

  10. #2910
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Do you not find it a little odd that you are the only person saying this Beef? Literally less than a month ago you were saying "let it die" and now you want to basically keep it as it is and play again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    BBF is our king and my next vote for Admin.
    But the game you're proposing is 98% the same game as last year. I'm not sure why people are acting like this is some radical departure

  11. #2911
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    I always liked the idea of them in the American sports but no one would do them because it's such a time commitment compared to a live draft but I guess things are different here
    A live auction is fun but wouldn't work logistically for us. It would need to be a silent auction with maybe a supplemental draft at the end to fill squads.

    Advantage would be that it would be much quicker and would genuinely give everyone the same chance, unlike a draft.

  12. #2912
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    Beefy, when you are able to make a case other than "I don't get the logic" then maybe people will listen to you (who, incidentally, are the ones you are saying are so hard done by by this reset eg MMH, UK Blue, BBF etc).

    It's a radical departure because it's like playing from scratch (no MMH Cup, no Euro players, no keepers, new draft, everyone starts off on the same footing) and everyone apart from you seems fine with it.

    Is there some amazing keeper you have that you were pinning all your hopes on to finally win a League with or something?

  13. #2913
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Surely the fact that players have come back because of the simple reset is good logic enough?

    Speaking of enough, I've had enough of this discussion because you are all distracting me from making my brilliant list which hopefully will stop me drafting Steven Fletcher in round 2 and Jordan Rhodes in round 1. I blame Reech, fucking Wednesday. I have no idea what transfers have happened, paid zero attention when I thought RFF was DEAD.

  14. #2914
    I'm always watching you.. MMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    33,263
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    69481
    Rajah ID: MMH
    Team Name: FC Mighto Molly Hollyhock
    Team Nickname: The Old Lady
    Team Kit Colours: Pink and black hoops
    Qualified for Europe?: Yes
    Keeper (Can be changed up until the draft): Marc McGuigan

    Not that the last two matter of course.

  15. #2915
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    Surely the fact that players have come back because of the simple reset is good logic enough?

    Speaking of enough, I've had enough of this discussion because you are all distracting me from making my brilliant list which hopefully will stop me drafting Steven Fletcher in round 2 and Jordan Rhodes in round 1. I blame Reech, fucking Wednesday. I have no idea what transfers have happened, paid zero attention when I thought RFF was DEAD.
    Players who are going to fuck off after five weeks and leave the same people setting alarms at 5am on holiday in Vegas to check the Blackburn Vs Sheffield Wednesday early team news.

    Most of the people who have supposedly come back because of the reset are the people who were playing last year and quit.
    Last edited by Beefy; July 24th, 2018 at 4:36 AM.

  16. #2916
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Beefy, when you are able to make a case other than "I don't get the logic" then maybe people will listen to you (who, incidentally, are the ones you are saying are so hard done by by this reset eg MMH, UK Blue, BBF etc).

    It's a radical departure because it's like playing from scratch (no MMH Cup, no Euro players, no keepers, new draft, everyone starts off on the same footing) and everyone apart from you seems fine with it.

    Is there some amazing keeper you have that you were pinning all your hopes on to finally win a League with or something?
    I've made my case multiple times and laid out my five point plan to save the game up the page.

    Rewarding last year's players is a positive and not a negative if you want to keep 16 players playing all year.

  17. #2917
    I'm always watching you.. MMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    33,263
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    69481
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    There's only one new player! Everyone else has played before.

    Plus all this says is if your squad is shit just quit and come back next year.
    I came second, Rosk came third (I think) and we are pushing for a reset so that really makes no sense.

  18. #2918
    I'm always watching you.. MMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    33,263
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    69481
    Live auction would be great, its how the game was done many years ago, but that was in a pub with 7 players who all lived down the road from each other.

    There are probably ways to do it but it would involve a lot of work and we do not have time to do such a thing.

    Deffo worth a look for the future though.

  19. #2919
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I've made my case multiple times and laid out my five point plan to save the game up the page.

    Rewarding last year's players is a positive and not a negative if you want to keep 16 players playing all year.
    ..

    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I came second, Rosk came third (I think) and we are pushing for a reset so that really makes no sense.
    ..

    The game is already being saved for many. Nobody hates RFF, they just hate what it became. So to get as far away from last season's dour bollocks as possible is a great incentive. Many people are coming back literally because the game is being shaken up, and I'm sure there will likely be keepers and draft order next year based on this year's final standings. You are just coming across a little too stuck in the past and set in your ways.

  20. #2920
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    It doesn't involve any more work than a draft does. Just a simple PM or email to one person with your bid for the round.

    Could do the whole thing with one email really, if you allowed people to bid on multiple players per round. That would be a bitch for the person trying to organise it though.

  21. #2921
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    ..



    ..

    The game is already being saved for many. Nobody hates RFF, they just hate what it became. So to get as far away from last season's dour bollocks as possible is a great incentive. Many people are coming back literally because the game is being shaken up, and I'm sure there will likely be keepers and draft order next year based on this year's final standings. You are just coming across a little too stuck in the past and set in your ways.
    There's no change to last season's dour bollocks. You're literally proposing the same game with a change to the draft order.

  22. #2922
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    I've got BBF for a whole evening tomorrow to beat him into submission on this.

  23. #2923
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    There's no change to last season's dour bollocks. You're literally proposing the same game with a change to the draft order.
    You're blind.

    No keepers
    No Euro players
    No MMH Cup
    No more stupid breaks in fixture lists
    No advantage for ANYONE

    I'm done here because it's like talking to a thick person about Brexit and the decision has been made anyway.

  24. #2924
    I'm always watching you.. MMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    33,263
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    69481
    Stop pissing on our collective chips Beefy.

    Its a brave new world of RFF. Rejoice.

  25. #2925
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    You're blind.

    No keepers
    No Euro players
    No MMH Cup
    No more stupid breaks in fixture lists
    No advantage for ANYONE

    I'm done here because it's like talking to a thick person about Brexit and the decision has been made anyway.
    I'm asking about the draft order. I'm on board with everything else.

  26. #2926
    RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Posts
    43,006
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    101183
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Fuck no, for all the reasons you are seeing!

    Honestly another "incident" would drive me over the edge. I just want to play and maybe cheat the system so that someone else can deal with the shit. For this season at least. Honestly over than RFF (and only because I feel obliged to at least play) I wouldn't be back.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I never said I wasn't playing...
    Sorry for any part I played in the incidents bud. I too am hoping for a relaxed more friendly game.

    IMO the reset makes it more welcoming for new players as well. It gives us time to work out mid season if we want to do euros, draft order etc before next year. I say this as someone who signed Shane Sutherland and kept him for a long time when injured to have as a keeper.

    I also think if we're doing a full reset I should lose the extra squad place, do it the full way.

  27. #2927
    RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Posts
    43,006
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    101183
    @Alex you fancy coming back mate?

  28. #2928
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Sorry for any part I played in the incidents bud. I too am hoping for a relaxed more friendly game.

    IMO the reset makes it more welcoming for new players as well. It gives us time to work out mid season if we want to do euros, draft order etc before next year. I say this as someone who signed Shane Sutherland and kept him for a long time when injured to have as a keeper.

    I also think if we're doing a full reset I should lose the extra squad place, do it the full way.
    What a fucking man. This is how you do it.

    The future of RFF is BBF. BBFRFF.

  29. #2929
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    #BBRFF

  30. #2930
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    22,988
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    190226
    canada
    Big Beautiful Rajah Fantasy Football? Alright I'll change the thread title.

  31. #2931
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    If you want to do something about the dour bollocks then you'll agree something around trades. It's that shite which killed the game and the restrictions last year just made it less enjoyable for those who enjoy trades the most.

  32. #2932
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    I also think if we're doing a full reset I should lose the extra squad place, do it the full way.
    And my extra squad place (which I'm ok with)

  33. #2933
    WWF Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    24,902
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    226998
    When does the draft start?

  34. #2934
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    If you want to do something about the dour bollocks then you'll agree something around trades. It's that shite which killed the game and the restrictions last year just made it less enjoyable for those who enjoy trades the most.
    I agree with this completely. I fucking love trades more than winning.

  35. #2935
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    When does the draft start?
    Saturday 9am

  36. #2936
    What'cha gonna do? Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Over
    Posts
    25,247
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125534
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    @Alex you fancy coming back mate?
    I don't. I'm becoming an adult now and distancing myself from anything that makes me toxic, like arguing rules with Beefy and watching UK Blue pretend he won RFF.

    I'd like to be invited back for the RFF cup if the administration allow it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    My blood pressure is already increasing at the thought of drafting two weeks before the season even starts.

  37. #2937
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    We're drafting 6 days before the season starts, you maniac.

  38. #2938
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    Trades

    Trades ARE allowed. Trades can happen between anyone at any time until the 6th last week of the season. I think we're all experienced or intelligent enough to know when a trade is fair. The only exception is when a player has been absent and not posted a team for 2 weeks or more. At this point they must post a team for 2 consecutive weeks to be eligible to trade in any form again. This should stop people poaching players from anyone that may've stopped playing and encourages activity if you want to be able to play the game to its fullest. There are NO restrictions on number of players involved in one trade (je three way trades), no restrictions on how many trades between two sides and no restrictions on how many individual players being evenly matched quantity (ie you can trade 1 player for 2 players and fill in the gaps in your squad).

    I think we can all use the honour system a bit and not try and abuse it.

  39. #2939
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    You've lost it. Put Beefy in charge.

  40. #2940
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    53,966
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    339679
    You know there's a struggle when I get bumped up to 3rd in the draft order.

    Will try not to Glen Murray it!

  41. #2941
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    Trades

    Trades ARE allowed. Trades can happen between anyone at any time until the 6th last week of the season. I think we're all experienced or intelligent enough to know when a trade is fair. The only exception is when a player has been absent and not posted a team for 2 weeks or more. At this point they must post a team for 2 consecutive weeks to be eligible to trade in any form again. This should stop people poaching players from anyone that may've stopped playing and encourages activity if you want to be able to play the game to its fullest. There are NO restrictions on number of players involved in one trade (je three way trades), no restrictions on how many trades between two sides and no restrictions on how many individual players being evenly matched quantity (ie you can trade 1 player for 2 players and fill in the gaps in your squad).

    I think we can all use the honour system a bit and not try and abuse it.
    You've lost it. Put me in charge.

  42. #2942
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    I never had it lads.

  43. #2943
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    I think we can all use the honour system a bit and not try and abuse it.
    I mean that literally hasn't worked in any of the last 14 years but you know it might work this time.

  44. #2944
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    At which point I'll get involved but I'm hoping everyone is aware that were trying to 'save' the game and needs to just reign it in for this season at least.

  45. #2945
    Norwich City supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Fakenham, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth
    Posts
    5,768
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1418
    As a former (bit part) player, may I make a suggestion?

    Torn is a cunt.

    Carry on.

  46. #2946
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    At which point I'll get involved but I'm hoping everyone is aware that were trying to 'save' the game and needs to just reign it in for this season at least.
    That's not going to happen. Find someone now who can adjudicate if there's a question about a trade. I'd suggest Alex but he wrote the book on dodgy trades.

  47. #2947
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    Does that mean you are playing again this year?

  48. #2948
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    43607
    @The Rosk yo trade buddy

  49. #2949
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    SEE!

  50. #2950
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    I have literally zero problem docking points if the rules are exploited. If I feel RFF is being brought into disrepute it'll be an automatic 3 point deduction. Repeat offenders will see that double each time.

    Honestly though I don't think it will happen this season. I'm in contact with someone who I think will be a fair judge of trades if any are brought into doubt.

  51. #2951
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    It will happen within the first three weeks.

  52. #2952
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    17,067
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    25209
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    That's not going to happen. Find someone now who can adjudicate if there's a question about a trade. I'd suggest Alex but he wrote the book on dodgy trades.
    Yeah, I think this is important. Not only for trades, but all in game decisions. I think it needs to be multiple people to keep things consistent and take pressure off one person making all decisions. We've basically witch hunted MMH out of his own game with our bickering. Maybe we won't be such cunts if we know the decision is a consensus from more than one person?

    BBF should obviously be one of the decision makers. If we went with 3 collective bodies we could have the other positions rotate between whoever the the current 1st place and last place teams are (or something along those lines).

  53. #2953
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Aslong as BBF is strong enough to decisively overturn a trade when a decent amount of us think it is bullshit then it'll all be fine.

    It's when multiple people throw their hands up in disbelief yet the trade stands that kills everything

  54. #2954
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    It's not bickering it's adults having a discussions about something they're invested in.

    I mean ok I've had to put Rosk on ignore a few times following those discussions but that doesn't mean it went too far...


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    Aslong as BBF is strong enough to decisively overturn a trade when a decent amount of us think it is bullshit then it'll all be fine.

    It's when multiple people throw their hands up in disbelief yet the trade stands that kills everything
    And what if it is BBF?

  55. #2955
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Good point

    Let me and you choose if public outcry means BBFs trades should be reversed EASY

  56. #2956
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    That works.

  57. #2957
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    beefy cannot debate. I think that's his main issue.

  58. #2958
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    I'm a great debater. I'm the most logical and analytical person here.

    All I ever look for in this game and in life is fairness and impartiality. That governs every argument I make.

  59. #2959
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    53,966
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    339679
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I'm a great debater. I'm the most logical and analytical person here.

    All I ever look for in this game and in life is fairness and impartiality. That governs every argument I make.
    I actually remember a football debate competition on here where Beefy destroyed Cactus Lem so this isn't entirely without merit. However the competition didn't get very far.

  60. #2960
    Gylfi Pleasure SheltonLondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    7,399
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3642
    I'm around (for the next 5 months or so)

  61. #2961
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Fuck off Shelton

  62. #2962
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    53,966
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    339679

  63. #2963
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Alright BBF give us a draft order

  64. #2964
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    Looks like we Are pushing ahead with 13 people. I'll get a draft order knocked up later when I'm not dying.

  65. #2965
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    The amount we debated about RFF last night was unreal. Beefy spent ages pushing his case only to say he wasn't playing at 23:10. al;kmskjkals

  66. #2966
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    And then texting me at 23:51 saying 'conditional in'

  67. #2967
    I'm always watching you.. MMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    33,263
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    69481
    We all know he is in. Lets go.

  68. #2968
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    Taking the lad swimming then ill be drawing the draft.

  69. #2969
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    The amount we debated about RFF last night was unreal. Beefy spent ages pushing his case only to say he wasn't playing at 23:10. al;kmskjkals
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    And then texting me at 23:51 saying 'conditional in'

  70. #2970
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    Don't rush the draft. Beefy are you in or out?

  71. #2971
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    BBF and I were stood at the bar actually questioning why we were so adamant to reset the draft given we would be in extremely enviable positions given our league standing. Then we realised it's because we want the real RFF back more than anything. Grassroots, jumpers for goalposts, anything to annoy Beefy.

  72. #2972
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    My position on the reset did become much more fervent when beefy opposed it tbh

  73. #2973
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Don't rush the draft. Beefy are you in or out?
    Oh it won't be til late afternoon at the earliest. Plenty of time for both @Beefy and @Hurley to 100% confirm

  74. #2974
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    I didn't appreciate the fact that you were pretending that I didn't win a cup last year.

    Can't play with 13. Post the list and let's get this up to 16 before the end of today.

  75. #2975
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Blue View Post
    Congrats Beefy, I thought you were struggling at 2-0 and an early goal down.

    I understand that the prize is the same as the RFA Cup - European qualification i.e. a Euro player. And of course the glory of being the first (and almost certainly last) RPL Trophy winner.
    Going on the CV

  76. #2976
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I didn't appreciate the fact that you were pretending that I didn't win a cup last year.

    Can't play with 13. Post the list and let's get this up to 16 before the end of today.
    I'm sure Rip and !Rhyno! will be keen. Let me give them a call.

    - - - Updated - - -

    They're in.

  77. #2977
    I'm always watching you.. MMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    33,263
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    69481
    Work down from the top of the footy forum and then start on the NFL Fantasy players.

  78. #2978
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    I think we're good now.

    1. UK Blue
    2. BBF
    3. Badger
    4. Andy
    5. son_of_foley
    6. Torn
    7. Reech
    8. Chris Scott
    9. Poppa Pump
    10. MikeHunt
    11. wardy
    12. Gary J
    13. MMH
    14. Beefy
    15. The Rosk
    16. Hurley

    Does that work with everyone? Shelton I know you expressed interest but if you can't commit to the full season I'd rather have you as a back up if thats ok?

  79. #2979
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200753
    Shelton can fuck off. How is Reech playing when he couldn't be fucked for half of last year? Is this really happening? 16 players is a bit mad IMO. Guarantee five players will be dead.

    Own up you cunts.

  80. #2980
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    17,067
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    25209
    Are we bringing in waivers with the reset?

    I will play if its beneficial to numbers, yes. I think it is by the looks of the list.

  81. #2981
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    43607
    16? You can get rid of at least 5 on that list.

  82. #2982
    KIKI MUTEMBE BBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Viking Country
    Posts
    34,478
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    139602
    Well we have 16 confirmed so we're rolling with it. Draw coming in the next 10/15 mins

  83. #2983
    The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    17,053
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    18384
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Shelton can fuck off. How is Reech playing when he couldn't be fucked for half of last year? Is this really happening? 16 players is a bit mad IMO. Guarantee five players will be dead.

    Own up you cunts.
    I don't have a video game to ship over the next 12 months so I've got the time to spend on it.

  84. #2984
    What'cha gonna do? Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Over
    Posts
    25,247
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125534
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    We're drafting 6 days before the season starts, you maniac.
    Oh you're starting before all the leagues have kicked off. That sounds like something I'd react to by saying your mother never held you enough and that's why you've got a Cinderella complex. But I'm not playing so I'm never in the situation to get that animated.

  85. #2985
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Shelton fucking hell

  86. #2986
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Seriously how has he actually been included

  87. #2987
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Oh he hasn't YES #BBRFF

  88. #2988
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78487
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Oh you're starting before all the leagues have kicked off. That sounds like something I'd react to by saying your mother never held you enough and that's why you've got a Cinderella complex. But I'm not playing so I'm never in the situation to get that animated.
    That's a good point that we never actually used to play the first football league week before the premier league started

  89. #2989
    Out
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    61,195
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    87466
    We need 40 weekends. If that means we can start the week after next that would be ideal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •