Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/12/m...nson-film.html

Quentin Tarantino, known for his graphic and violent films, is reportedly tackling a real-life crime for his next project: a film about the Manson family murders. The Hollywood Reporter said on Tuesday that the project is still in its early stages. Mr. Tarantino is almost finished writing the script, according to the report, and actors including Brad Pitt and Jennifer Lawrence have been approached. Charles Manson and his disciples have inspired a number of recent films and TV series, although Mr. Tarantino’s would be the highest profile yet.
    Sounds good to me

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But will he change historical facts around?

And I'll pass if Jennifer Lawrence is in it. But I'm definitely interested to see what he comes up with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mixing Tarantino's type of violence with a true story like the Tate murders seems like a risky proposition. I don't know what angle he is taking with the story, but I worry it will feel exploitative.

Margot Robbie is in the running to play Sharon Tate.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Margot Robbie NEEDS to be in a Tarantino movie. Seems like an incredible fit.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Take my money!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not particularly interested in the subject matter. It's been done to death. I will obviously watch it but keeping expectations low.

I am very curious who they get to play Manson. Obviously that casting will make or break the film's success. Hopefully they go with an unknown. You can have Brad Pitt and Leo D. running around in period pieces, playing lesser known guys, but I hope they don't get one of the big guns to play Manson.

If they want to go with a "bigger" name, I could see James McAvoy or Jim Caviezel pulling it off quite well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Ben Mendelsohn
    Sam Rockwell
    Joaquin Phoenix

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sam Rockwell is a great shout.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Someone elsewhere suggested Walton Goggins because he can play wiry maniacs and he just worked with Tarantino.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The more I think about this movie, the more it seems like a bad idea.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goggins is way too charactery to be Manson, IMO.

I would prefer Tarantino to write an original story taking place this century but this should be cool, if it happens. To be honest I've never seen a screen adaptation of the Manson story nor am I particularly familiar with the details so this would be pretty fresh to me.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Killings as notorious as this have always interested me. I am cautiously optimistic for now

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Goggins is way too charactery to be Manson, IMO.

I would prefer Tarantino to write an original story taking place this century but this should be cool, if it happens. To be honest I've never seen a screen adaptation of the Manson story nor am I particularly familiar with the details so this would be pretty fresh to me.
    Too charactery? Manson is an over the top nutcase. I think Goggins has the chops to pull it off.

There are plenty of good documentaries about the Manson family.

Tarantino is in for a shit storm if he sensationalizes the Tate-LaBianca murders. I'd like to think he's smarter than that.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Goggins would be insane.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Yeah i'd be surprised if its anyone but Goggins. Hes absolutely perfect.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm...I'm dubious.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I can't see Tarantino doing a movie based on the actual events of The Manson family.

It's more likely that his next movie about a cult who have a charismatic leader who is planning an elaborate murder which is probably where the comparisons to Manson have started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm intrigued by this movie and the HH Holmes movie being done by Martin Scorsese featuring Leonardo DiCaprio

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tarantino's intentions still seem unclear. I just know I won't be paying to see a film that casts the Manson family in a sympathetic light.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    I can't see Tarantino doing a movie based on the actual events of The Manson family.

It's more likely that his next movie about a cult who have a charismatic leader who is planning an elaborate murder which is probably where the comparisons to Manson have started.
    It's definitely about the Manson family if he's looking to cast Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will pay to see any Tarantino film tbh. Not that he can't do no wrong, just that his movies are always events.

Speaking of which, I only saw The Hateful Eight once and I got pretty tipsy since it was at a big theater (70mm) and I had drinks with friends before it plus drinks during it. I need to watch it again because the second half is pretty fuzzy. Couldn't say whether I like it or not but I wasn't wowed on first drunken viewing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Tarantino's intentions still seem unclear. I just know I won't be paying to see a film that casts the Manson family in a sympathetic light.

It's definitely about the Manson family if he's looking to cast Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he is trying to cast her. Diesnt necessarily mean she'll be Sharon Tate it's only rumoured at the moment it's about the Manson murders (which I can't see Tarantino doing at all) and because she has a strong resemblance to Sharon Tate i think someone has just jumped to conclusions.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I will pay to see any Tarantino film tbh. Not that he can't do no wrong, just that his movies are always events.

Speaking of which, I only saw The Hateful Eight once and I got pretty tipsy since it was at a big theater (70mm) and I had drinks with friends before it plus drinks during it. I need to watch it again because the second half is pretty fuzzy. Couldn't say whether I like it or not but I wasn't wowed on first drunken viewing.
    I saw the 70mm too and thought the novelty of it was great. The movie's quite good but he's done better. I'll have to watch it again.

I just watched Inglorious Basterds again and can't get enough of it.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This premise in a way reminds me somewhat of Devil's Rejects. By the end you were like, fuck, kind of want to see these evil motherfuckers get away and live happily ever after. There have actually been quite a few movies over the last 10-15 years that sensationalize flat out evil characters that by the end you're almost wanting to take a shower for feeling bad for them and wanting them to rise above whatever they're up against. Idk if that's a good or bad thing.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've always felt bad for Leatherface.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always felt bad for Norman taking the fall for his overbearing mother.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    This premise in a way reminds me somewhat of Devil's Rejects. By the end you were like, fuck, kind of want to see these evil motherfuckers get away and live happily ever after. There have actually been quite a few movies over the last 10-15 years that sensationalize flat out evil characters that by the end you're almost wanting to take a shower for feeling bad for them and wanting them to rise above whatever they're up against. Idk if that's a good or bad thing.
    The Devil's Rejects blows.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    I've always felt bad for Leatherface.
    So do I. He's an abused retarded man that just wanted to protect his family.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I would argue having sympathy, pity and remorse is part of what makes us different from such characters/people...
    So it's a good thing, so long as it doesn't override good judgment and pragmatic solutions...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; July 14th, 2017 at 8:00 PM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diolana View Post
    i'm intrigued by this movie and the HH Holmes movie being done by Martin Scorsese featuring Leonardo DiCaprio
    That HH Holmes movie with Scorsese/DiCaprio sounds amazing but I'm not sure it's really happening. Sounds like they're doing this instead:

Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese are back at it again with a new film, Variety reports. The movie will be an adaption of the true-crime thriller Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann, who is also the author of The Lost City of Z.

The true story, which is set in the 1920s, follows the murders of people belonging to the Osage Nation in Oklahoma following the discovery of oil in the area. The book was published earlier this year, and rights to it were reportedly purchased for a cool $5 million. The script is reportedly being written by Eric Roth, who has worked on the screenplays for Forrest Gump and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or rather he could still do Devil in the White City (the HH Holmes movie) after that one but it would be down the road a bit. Scorsese is filming The Irishman next then going right into filming Killers of the Flower Moon, reportedly.

Man I love Scorsese. I need to see Silence.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have very little interest in seeing another QT movie until he brings it in under 2 hours and doesn't cast himself in it.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leonardo DiCaprio reportedly confirmed to star in this. It'll be his first film since The Revenant in 2015. Tarantino is still keen to secure Margot Robbie to play Sharon Tate while Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are said to be circling two major roles. A role has also been written for Al Pacino, who is yet to sign on. The release date has been set for August 9th 2019 – the 50th anniversary of Tate’s death at the hands of members of the Manson family.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Will watch.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This project fills me with dread. QT's ran that fine line between exploitation and exploitative a few times, and this feels like it's going to forget about the line completely and mine away.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's just a movie mate.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    This project fills me with dread. QT's ran that fine line between exploitation and exploitative a few times, and this feels like it's going to forget about the line completely and mine away.
    I don't know what this means, but it's provocative.

This is reportedly going to be a "Pulp Fiction-esque movie set during the time of the Manson murder spree in Los Angeles" with multiple intertwining storylines rather than purely just the Charles Manson story. Leo is playing an aging actor. Sounds good to me.

What is causing you dread? That he will exploit a 50 year old murder story by creating an alternative history a la what he did with Hitler in Inglourious Basterds? What's wrong with that?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d suggest the murder of an innocent, heavily pregnant woman and the death of Hitler, yes, Hitler, that Hitler, may require slightly different handling.

To be clear, I’ll make no judgement until I see it. To do so would be daft. But based on his previous work, I am the law.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Maybe 20 years ago this film would have made people nervous that it was Tarantino doing it. But what his last 3 films (Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight) have shown is that he can juggle serious material that includes sensitive issues tastefully but also make a few jokes along the way.

I definitely don't understand the exploitation comments that were made. The most controversy Tarantino has made in his career is the over-familiar use of the N-word in his scripts and I think we all know that Manson probably said that word quite a bit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I think the exploitation comments are over stuff Tarantino said at some Charles Manson documentary screening. I'm sure he some pretty inflammatory stuff about how he felt the real story hadn't been told so I can see why people would be worried about him rewriting his version.

That said I expect this film will owe a lot to summer of sam and the story will be about the mood changed in hollywood after the murders.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Leonardo DiCaprio reportedly confirmed to star in this. It'll be his first film since The Revenant in 2015. Tarantino is still keen to secure Margot Robbie to play Sharon Tate while Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are said to be circling two major roles. A role has also been written for Al Pacino, who is yet to sign on. The release date has been set for August 9th 2019 – the 50th anniversary of Tate’s death at the hands of members of the Manson family.

How anyone can look at that gimmicky release date and not view it as distasteful and exploitative bullshit is beyond me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Maybe it is just a coincidence?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Are you being serious? Tarantino knows exactly what he's doing with that release date. To suggest otherwise is honestly naive.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    He's releasing a movie about a thing that happened on that date?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Dingle View Post
    Maybe it is just a coincidence?
    Mate, really? Really, really?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Yes I was joking. Everyone needs to settle down.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, it's 2018, calm died a while back.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How anyone can look at that gimmicky release date and not view it as distasteful and exploitative bullshit is beyond me.
    Hey Beer-Belly, is this your first time being exposed to the god Tarantino? If so, prepared to have your wig peeled back and blown into a million pieces.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

What difference does it make really? Should he release it during Christmas season instead? This shit happened decades ago and it makes 100% sense to tie in the date of an incident with the release of the movie about the incident.

The film isn't going to make any more or less money by coming out on a date that sticks to it's theme. What a silly, silly reason to be offended.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    What difference does it make really? Should he release it during Christmas season instead? This shit happened decades ago and it makes 100% sense to tie in the date of an incident with the release of the movie about the incident.

The film isn't going to make any more or less money by coming out on a date that sticks to it's theme. What a silly, silly reason to be offended.
    It's Zangief, the dude is offended by Trump parting his hair at a 70 degree angle.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been going around for a while that Tarantino will be doing a Star Trek movie. Patrick Stewart said he would come back as Jean Luc Picard if Taratino does it. It's actually getting some steam and will probably be done at some point. Not sure what to think of that tbh.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cin...moving-forward

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I'm interested in.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I’d watch that. Possibly twice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I mentioned that in the Star Trek thread. Bizarre turn of events. Apparently the plan for him is to direct but not write the despite him coming up with the story. He and J.J. Abrams assembled a team of writers with the intention of picking the best one to actually write the script. It's also interesting that the plan is for the film to be rated R.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a sign in front of my house that says "Dead Klingon storage"?

No seriously tell me, is there a sign in front of my house that says "Dead Klingon storage"?

Do you know why? Because storing dead Klingons ain't my fucking business!

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, it does sound like an SNL sketch. Tarantino does Star Trek

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Some great news coming out about Tarantino.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some great news coming out about Tarantino.
    Watching the car crash footage with Uma was disturbing. That was defintiely a major prick move/mistake to put his supposedly beloved star actress/muse in serious danger by making her do a stunt she didn't feel comfortable doing.

That said, this story getting lumped in with the Harvey stuff Is misleading. Before I read the article I thought it was going to be Uma getting raped by Harvey and that QT protected him. She got raped but by someone else (an actor) as a teenager. She did get assaulted/threatened by Harvey and told QT who confronted Harvey about it leading to him apologizing to her.

An argument could surely be made that he should have done more, and stopped working with Harvey based on what he knew... but let's keep him making an asshole move as a director about a stunt and the Harvey stuff separate.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Watching the car crash footage with Uma was disturbing. That was defintiely a major prick move/mistake to put his supposedly beloved star actress/muse in serious danger by making her do a stunt she didn't feel comfortable doing.

That said, this story getting lumped in with the Harvey stuff Is misleading. Before I read the article I thought it was going to be Uma getting raped by Harvey and that QT protected him. She got raped but by someone else (an actor) as a teenager. She did get assaulted/threatened by Harvey and told QT who confronted Harvey about it leading to him apologizing to her.

An argument could surely be made that he should have done more, and stopped working with Harvey based on what he knew... but let's keep him making an asshole move as a director about a stunt and the Harvey stuff separate.
    This is simply not something the wingnut left are capable of doing. Anyone with any disagreeable pov or a poor mark on their record is automatically a rapist, racist, homophobe, transphobe, misogynist, bigot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who's comparing him to Harvey Weinstein?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's comparing him to Harvey Weinstein?
    My point is that the Times article is titled "This Is Why Uma Thurman Is Angry: The actress is finally ready to talk about Harvey Weinstein" and then it also has the car crash story about Quentin. And that's fine I mean she can tell multiple stories in one interview but it's somewhat lumping them in together for instance when you posted your post I assume you were talking about the car crash but am still not really sure. "Some great news about Quentin" coming from an article about Harvey makes it seem very ominous.

I think if anything it was a poor job by the Times editors to stress the Harvey part of the story for page views when really she covered a variety of struggles she's gone through.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Call down, fro. My heart is as broken as yours but I get the feeling the q man doesn't see women as people.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Call down, fro. My heart is as broken as yours but I get the feeling the q man doesn't see women as people.
    Are there any other examples involving QT that help give you that impression?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    Are there any other examples involving QT that help give you that impression?
    It's more of just a feeling but...

The fact he knew what Harvey was doing and never really spoke up.
    The spitting
    The choking
    Petting her like a fucking cat after the wreck.

Like I said, just a feeling. He's a weird and out there dude.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Don't they have stunt drivers

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zoe Bell was so out of place in The Hateful Eight due to her New Zealand accent but I do think it's cool how she's been a stunt woman for QT for a while and now he gives her roles. I like her and she was good in Deathproof.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's more of just a feeling but...

The fact he knew what Harvey was doing and never really spoke up.
    The spitting
    The choking

Petting her like a fucking cat after the wreck.

Like I said, just a feeling. He's a weird and out there dude.
    That shit is pretty weird.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Zoe Bell was so out of place in The Hateful Eight due to her New Zealand accent but I do think it's cool how she's been a stunt woman for QT for a while and now he gives her roles. I like her and she was good in Deathproof.
    She damn near stole the show for me in Deathproof.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Directors have to be assholes to get they're vision on film. Look at Stanley Kubrick with Shelley Duvall. Made her literally cry with all the reshoots of scenes.

It's the same thing with Tarantino. Wanting to get this scene and I can see why Uma was weary of it, she didn't feel safe but damnit it Tarantino wanted his film made and he would go to any lengths to get it done.

I'm wondering why they didn't use a stunt woman. It just doesn't make sense to ask Uma to do it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And do you fault him for not speaking up about Harvey? The guy produced most of his films, maybe he was worried speaking out would hurt his career?

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    He had already previously made a statement about how he should have spoken up about Harvey. But he has yet to answer for the allegations about how he treated things after Uma's accident.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    And do you fault him for not speaking up about Harvey? The guy produced most of his films, maybe he was worried speaking out would hurt his career?

Yes, I fault him for not speaking up when women are getting raped.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Yes, I fault him for not speaking up when women are getting raped.
    If you know something like this is going on and value your career over the health/safety of others, you're a piece-of-shit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We're not talking about some jackass making some suggestive remarks or slapping gals on the hiney (both of which are also shitty), we're talking about rape. Multiple cases of rape. Tarantino is an asshole if he knew the extent of Weinstein's crimes and chose to turn a blind eye.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quentin Tarantino once said Roman Polanski's 13-year-old sexual assault victim 'wanted to have it'

Quote Originally Posted by Independent.co.uk
    Quentin Tarantino once defended Roman Polanski's sexual assault of a 13-year-old in an interview with Howard Stern - saying the victim was a "party girl" who "wanted to have it."

Audio footage of a 2013 interview resurfaced via Jezebel, where Stern, co-host Robin Quivers and Tarantino go head to head on their thoughts about Roman Polanski - who pleaded guilty to engaging in unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor in 1977.

A grand jury had originally charged him with drugging and raping the youngster, before he agreed to the plea deal and fled to Europe. He is currently living in Poland.

In the radio interview, the Kill Bill director is asked about his joy about Polanski winning an Oscar for The Pianist in 2003.

Quivers asks,“What’s so great about a rapist being given Hollywood’s highest honour?” to which he responds, “I don’t consider him a rapist.”

Tarantino vehemently defends his position saying, "He didn’t rape a 13-year-old - it was statutory rape. He had sex with a minor - that’s not rape. To me when you use the word rape, it’s one of the most violent crimes in the world."

The actor/director takes things a step further comparing to racism saying, "Throwing the word rape around is like throwing the word racist around - it just doesn’t apply to everything people use it for. He was guilty of having sex with a minor" to which Quivers responds "which she didn't want to have."

Tarantino then responded, “No that was not the case at all - she wanted to have it. She dated the guy.”

He then says it's a difference in American vs. European morals.

"Look, she was down with it," he explains. "She’s talked about it. She’s an adult now. I’m right. She said, 'He didn’t really do anything to me - it was the technicality.'"

Tarantino then disqualified the victim's stance further by saying, "Her mom is now on her so now she has to say 'he did this yeah he did that'."

Later on, Tarantino refers to Polanski’s story and says, “His version seems more likely.”

“She was down to party with Roman,” adds Tarantino, but Quivers points out, "She does not make the decisions."

But even after Stern says, “I will never let [Roman] come back into this country", Tarantino continued to argue his case, saying, “I don’t believe it’s rape - I believe it’s against the law. It’s not rape for these 13-year-old party girls."

He then makes a dig at Stern for not seeing things his way saying, "When did you turn into Bill O’Reilly?"

The reappearance of this audio comes just days after Kill Bill actress Uma Thurman spoke to the New York Times about her experiences with Harvey Weinstein and sexual assault and her near-death experience on the set of Kill Bill under Tarantino's watch.

On Monday, Thurman posted a video to Instagram of an almost fatal car crash - a scene in Kill Bill that Tarantino insisted she drive herself instead of using a stunt double.

Thurman wasn't comfortable with this, but ultimately felt she had no choice.

She ended up losing control of the wheel and crashing into a palm tree.

For 15 years she wasn't able to get a hold of the footage, but Tarantino eventually helped her find it.

In a statement to Deadline he said, "Me and Uma had our issues about the crash. She blamed me for the crash and she had a right to blame me for the crash. I didn’t mean to do it. I talked her into getting in the car, I assured her the road was safe. And it wasn’t. The car might even have been dubious too even if I didn’t know that then. We had our issues about it."

Harvey Weinstein has denied sexually assaulting Thurman.
    A 13 year-old "party girl"? Jesus Christ.

And here's the apology:

Quentin Tarantino Apologizes To Roman Polanski Rape Victim, Says He Was Playing “Devil’s Advocate”

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline.com
    I want to publicly apologize to Samantha Geimer for my cavalier remarks on The Howard Stern Show speculating about her and the crime that was committed against her. Fifteen years later, I realize how wrong I was. Ms. Geimer WAS raped by Roman Polanski. When Howard brought up Polanski, I incorrectly played devil’s advocate in the debate for the sake of being provocative. I didn’t take Ms. Geimer’s feelings into consideration and for that I am truly sorry.

So, Ms. Geimer, I was ignorant, and insensitive, and above all, incorrect.

I am sorry Samantha.

Quentin Tarantino
    I guess an apology is better than, "Come on, he directed some really good movies, ya little whore."

This should really make those in Hollywood that still support Polanski reconsider their bullshit. Hollywood is comically out of touch when it comes to certain things.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Directors have to be assholes to get they're vision on film. Look at Stanley Kubrick with Shelley Duvall. Made her literally cry with all the reshoots of scenes.

It's the same thing with Tarantino. Wanting to get this scene and I can see why Uma was weary of it, she didn't feel safe but damnit it Tarantino wanted his film made and he would go to any lengths to get it done.

I'm wondering why they didn't use a stunt woman. It just doesn't make sense to ask Uma to do it.
    That argument works, if there are examples of those directors doing the same behaviour to male actors. If Tarantino personally wanted to strangle Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction or spit in Samuel L Jackson's face then I would maybe think that's just the way he is. But because all of these incidents involve women, you have to agree it seems to be more of a kink for him rather than "going to any lengths". The fact he's got a major foot fetish and has no issue getting a lot of his actresses to show their bare feet in almost all of his films just shows that he has no problem with fulfilling his sexual desires on screen.

Kubrick was a master, but you have to admit he was a massive cunt also. These two things can sometimes apply to the same person.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The idea that you have to be an asshole to achieve your vision is asinine...bullies are unnecessary.
    Last edited by Tyson; February 13th, 2018 at 3:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Did a doubleheader Friday: “12 Strong” was fucking outstanding, “The 15:17 to Paris” was utter shit.
    Wrong thread @Tyson.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Wrong thread @Tyson.
    My bad, brain fart...

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    The idea that you have to be an asshole to achieve your vision is asinine...bullies are unnecessary.
    I think a large portion of things we have today are from people doing what they need to in order to get to a goal, even if it includes bullying. Inventions, works of art, etc. Not saying bullying is right, but I think the world would be a completely different place.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    I think a large portion of things we have today are from people doing what they need to in order to get to a goal, even if it includes bullying. Inventions, works of art, etc. Not saying bullying is right, but I think the world would be a completely different place.
    What a load of shite. Inglorious Basterds would still be a masterpiece without Quentin's hands around Diane Kruger's neck.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I might be the only one who didn't lik inglorious basterds. But then again I haven't really, really enjoyed a Quentin Tarantino movie. They are just ok to me.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...lywood-1089717

Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio are reuniting with Quentin Tarantino to star in the filmmaker's latest feature, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Sony Pictures announced Wednesday. Tarantino describes it as “a story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), former star of a Western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor...Sharon Tate.”

The film is set to be released worldwide on Aug. 9, 2019. The movie is an expensive proposition for the studio, as both actors had been tipped to star in the project for weeks but negotiations had been strenuous. In fact, sources said DiCaprio was ready to walk away at one point in January. But Sony is now pointing to the Oscar breadth of the actors' previous collaborations with Tarantino and the successful box office, as well. Tarantino worked with Pitt in 2009's Inglourious Basterds, which grossed over $321 million globally and was nominated for eight Academy Award, with Christoph Waltz winning for best supporting actor. DiCaprio, for his part, also starred in Tarantino’s Django Unchained, which also was an Oscar player with five nominations and two wins (best original screenplay for Tarantino and best supporting actor, again for Waltz).

“I’ve been working on this script for five years, as well as living in Los Angeles County most of my life, including in 1969, when I was seven years old," Tarantino said Wednesday in a statement. "I’m very excited to tell this story of an L.A. and a Hollywood that don’t exist anymore. And I couldn’t be happier about the dynamic teaming of DiCaprio & Pitt as Rick & Cliff.”
    So we've got the title - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - and we've got Leo and Pitt confirmed.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Margot Robbie, Burt Reynolds, Kurt Russell, Tim Roth and Michael Madsen also confirmed now. Cruise and Pacino still rumored.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Man, this is like a Marvel cast line up. However, I really don't like the idea of a Sharon Tate Revenge film fantasy.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Man, this is like a Marvel cast line up. However, I really don't like the idea of a Sharon Tate Revenge film fantasy.
    I don't know that we know that's what it will really be. Robbie was talking about hers being a supporting role.

Ooh he's written it down.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read that Timothy Olyphant has signed on. Nice.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I don't know that we know that's what it will really be. Robbie was talking about hers being a supporting role.
    It's mainly about how Leo's character uses the murder as an opportunity to get himself back into the public eye isn't it?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More cast additions:

Damian Lewis

Luke Perry

Emile Hirsch

Dakota Fanning

Clifton Collins Jr

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al Pacino now has signed on as well

I think most of these additions will be minor parts but man what a cast

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I he just spending the whole budget on the cast? The more I hear the more I am looking forward to this one.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lena Dunham joins the cast; male internet commenters rejoice!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is it just men that find her obnoxious and gross?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just men that find her obnoxious and gross?
    Hell no. She gets the heat from all genders even ones that haven't made up their own pronouns yet.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not exactly a "holy shit this is going to be amazing" type trailer but it looks cool

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty fantastic from an acting standpoint. I could see this film landing Leo a Best Actor win.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I really don't know what type of movie this is going to be. It looks like a comedy, which is pretty weird for a movie featuring Charles Manson and Sharon Tate as characters.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That trailer was essentially "Here's the cast in the 70s and one guy's a stuntman". Not much else to go on.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't know what type of movie this is going to be. It looks like a comedy, which is pretty weird for a movie featuring Charles Manson and Sharon Tate as characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    That trailer was essentially "Here's the cast in the 70s and one guy's a stuntman". Not much else to go on.
    yea and I'm happy about this. this is what a "teaser" should be. maybe we'll get a more revealing trailer at some point (probably so), but as someone who's already 100% into seeing this movie I don't need that.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair point. I guess my point was if I didn't know what this movie was about, i still wouldn't know what this movie was about. But I suspect they're not worried about people having that problem since it's the strength of cast and director that would draw your average person in and anyone else would already have been following its development.