User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 121 of 121

Thread: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

  1. #101
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    32,195
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    448400
    Not to mention a lot of times Tarantino movies have 3-4 different stories going on that intertwine with each other.

  2. #102
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    I don't really know.
    Posts
    17,393
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    474091
    scotland
    Think he went downhill after Death Proof, though I thought Hateful Eight was enjoyable. I like Pitt and DiCaprio, so I may check this one out.

  3. #103
    Nerd Pervert Gary J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Stephen Hawking School of Dance
    Posts
    11,508
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    283945
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Hell no. She gets the heat from all genders even ones that haven't made up their own pronouns yet.
    Sexually abusing your little sister will get you abuse I suppose.

  4. #104
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    32,195
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    448400
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Think he went downhill after Death Proof, though I thought Hateful Eight was enjoyable. I like Pitt and DiCaprio, so I may check this one out.
    Oh man you didn't like Inglourius Basterds or Django? Those movies, especially Inglourious were amazing.

    It's fun reading back 2 years ago on what the premise of the movie might be and what it actually is. We thought this going to be about the Manson Family murders but I believe that is just a back drop or again another side story that intertwines with a centralized plot.

    Because the description I read is that it's about a failed actor and his stunt double.

  5. #105
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    I don't really know.
    Posts
    17,393
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    474091
    scotland
    To be honest I don't remember Inglourious that much, but I hated Django

  6. #106
    Legend Mik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    71,710
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    138771
    I like bits of a lot of Tarantino movies, but think he’s one of the most self indulgent, ill disciplined, bloated and overrated directors in Hollywood. However I think this looks very good.

  7. #107
    ... Beer-Belly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    374886
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    Sexually abusing your little sister will get you abuse I suppose.
    Her whole family sounds fucked in the head.

    It's baffling that she thought admitting to abusing her little sister without expressing any sort of shame was acceptable. She treated it like a lark.

  8. #108
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,711
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    202780


    new trailer

  9. #109
    ... Beer-Belly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    374886
    usa
    I was skeptical at first, but that's an excellent trailer and everyone at Cannes loved the movie.

  10. #110
    Main Eventer lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    You have to keep it for 30 days, lotjx. Stop trying to change it. You agreed to the terms when you joined the game.
    Posts
    9,628
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    31773
    Well, QT got into it with a female crtitc about Maggio Robbie having four lines. He came off as an ass, but the Tate murder seems to be a backdrop not the main story.

  11. #111
    ... Beer-Belly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    374886
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Well, QT got into it with a female crtitc about Maggio Robbie having four lines. He came off as an ass, but the Tate murder seems to be a backdrop not the main story.
    He curtly replied that he rejects her hypothesis. It wasn't that bad. I must have missed the revelation that she only has four lines. She's billed third in the cast, so I doubt that's the case. The Times reporter was upset because she felt Robbie was underutilized in the film. It's impossible to know if that's the case because none of.is have seen it.

  12. #112
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,711
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    202780
    Man, this was good. A little longer than it needed to be, probably. But what an ending.


  13. #113
    Legend Mik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    71,710
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    138771
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    He curtly replied that he rejects her hypothesis. It wasn't that bad. I must have missed the revelation that she only has four lines. She's billed third in the cast, so I doubt that's the case. The Times reporter was upset because she felt Robbie was underutilized in the film. It's impossible to know if that's the case because none of.is have seen it.
    Tarantino needs to either stop doing press or just start answering questions properly, he’s promoting his movie to the paying customer, answer a fucking question and stop acting like you’re above any potential criticism.

  14. #114
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,711
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    202780
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Tarantino needs to either stop doing press or just start answering questions properly, he’s promoting his movie to the paying customer, answer a fucking question and stop acting like you’re above any potential criticism.
    I disagree entirely. I think he's typically one of the best interviews in town because he's so genuinely passionate about film and the history of film and he speaks with such enthusiasm and nerdiness about the craft. Now in this particular instance, sure, he said "I reject your hypothesis" and didn't answer the question. Not a big deal in my eyes. It was one question out of probably 3,000 questions he got asked in this press tour. It became a blog worthy story for a day. Now if that's a trend with him that I'm not aware of then fair enough, but when I see a group press interview or roundtable with him and his cast (which has heavy hitters like Leo and Pitt), Quentin is the one I want to answer every question because he is by far the most interesting and informative and charismatic. If that comes with a little sensitivity to criticism, that's not a big deal.

  15. #115
    Legend Mik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    71,710
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    138771
    It's not the first time he has spat his dummy out and refused to answer an interviewer's question, no.

  16. #116
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,711
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    202780
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It's not the first time he has spat his dummy out and refused to answer an interviewer's question, no.
    true, but still, to say he should stop doing press because he occasionally refuses to answer difficult questions seems like an overreaction. he's a guy where I seek out his interviews because he reveals a lot and speaks like someone who loves what they're doing (similar to Kevin Smith who isn't much of a filmmaker these days but still a great interview/movie talking guy). I'm not doing that with other directors, not even other legends like Scorsese, Spielberg, Nolan etc who are far less interesting in their answers IMO even if they don't get upset about things (which they probably still do on occasion).

    so while your criticism is fair, it seems extreme. he answers most questions better than other directors do.

    to your point, I just watched a clip where he similarly shut down an interviewer (from years back, not sure if it was for Django or Basterds). the guy asked him about whether violence in movies affects violence in real life and what responsibility he has there. he refused to answer and just said his stance hasn't changed in 20 years and you can google him for it. got pretty testy. still, who cares really.

  17. #117
    Legend Mik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    71,710
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    138771
    Haha, I didn’t really mean he should stop doing press conferences, I more meant that he should stop rejecting questions and realise that when he is doing press he is there to promote his film. It’s fair enough rejecting a stupid, badly research question or one from someone who clearly hasn’t watched the film, but the interviewers are just there to do a job, the same as he is. So just don’t make it difficult for them.

  18. #118
    Main Eventer lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    You have to keep it for 30 days, lotjx. Stop trying to change it. You agreed to the terms when you joined the game.
    Posts
    9,628
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    31773
    I loved the film. I will echo about the length. I turned to my wife and said it feels like celebrities in cars hitting shuffle on 1960s hits. Having said that, that maybe one of QT's most satisfying endings in awhile. Highly recommend this.

  19. #119
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,711
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    202780
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I loved the film. I will echo about the length. I turned to my wife and said it feels like celebrities in cars hitting shuffle on 1960s hits. Having said that, that maybe one of QT's most satisfying endings in awhile. Highly recommend this.

  20. #120
    ... Beer-Belly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    374886
    usa
    I actually really enjoyed the movie overall. The last twenty minutes were insane and fun. That pit bull ruled.

    Tarantino didn't even try to be subtle about his foot fetish. It's creepy. Having a foot fetish is common, but there's something skeevy about a film director indulging that kink with his actresses.

  21. #121
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    23,269
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    227287
    canada
    Didn’t love it. At times it felt to me like someone trying to make a Tarantino movie and hitting his beats but not as good. Like the foot thing for example seemed even more overdone in this one like someone trying to say “see look foot fetish. Isn’t that just so Tarantino”. Sure the ending was satisfying and there were good moments in there. But as a whole I didn’t love it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •