User Tag List

Thread: Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom

The sequel has a title now. Fallen Kingdom. Poster too, spoilered for size.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pumped. I loved Jurassic World, especially the last battle scene and how Blue came back to help.

Happy to hear that

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i enjoyed jurassic world when i watched it, which was maybe december of 2015. a year and a half later, and i really can't remember much about it. having goldblum back got me more excited about the sequel than hearing they were gonna do one to begin with.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jurassic Kingdom alone would've been a better name. Less verbose. Still hyped.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be overreacting... but this trailer is AWFUL. Looks so stupid. And I wanted it to be good.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It seems very unnecessary, which is a shame.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I dont think it looks that bad. Chris Pratt makes it level up to at least a 9.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like Jurassic Park 3 where a small group goes back to the island for no good reason. They're going to SAVE the dinosaurs? Really? Fuck that, logically they should nuke the island or let it be destroyed. The plot seems dumb and then the action scenes they showed are just random dinosaurs running from a volcano with the humans running with them.

I give this trailer an F

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Damn, I forgot Jurassic park was a movie crazy heavy on the plot vs. Dinosaurs running around and occasionally eating people.

I give @Fro's trailer review three quarters of a star.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Yeah, that trailer isn't doing much for me. And Jurassic Park is one of my favourites. It's a shame that they are confined to the island because there is no good real reason to have the dinosaurs anywhere else. When they did Jurassic World they should have changed the setting.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like just another generic ball of loud noise w/ a catchphrase everybody remembers from another movie.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    J.A. Bayona directed it, and he's a quality filmmaker. Plus, dinosaurs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    It seems like Jurassic Park 3 where a small group goes back to the island for no good reason. They're going to SAVE the dinosaurs? Really? Fuck that, logically they should nuke the island or let it be destroyed. The plot seems dumb and then the action scenes they showed are just random dinosaurs running from a volcano with the humans running with them.

I give this trailer an F
    There are plenty of existing "mean" animals, and no one with a conscience wants to kill those things.

I'd like to see a Jurassic Park movie about a bunch of filthy rich assholes going on a trophy hunting safari on the island and getting their shit wrecked. Let the dinosaurs be the heroes.

Anyway, going back to save the dinosaurs isn't THAT bad of an idea. It's not those abominations fault that humans played God to create them. Granted, you could argue that humans are playing God again by trying to save them, but whatever.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    There are plenty of existing "mean" animals, and no one with a conscience wants to kill those things.

I'd like to see a Jurassic Park movie about a bunch of filthy rich assholes going on a trophy hunting safari on the island and getting their shit wrecked. Let the dinosaurs be the heroes.
    The difference of course being those mean animals exist naturally while these dinosaurs exist through humans bringing them back to life via genetic mutation/cloning and they potentially threaten human existence. If this was a real life scenario I would be all for nuking them into oblivion. So the idea of Chris Pratt and his ladyfriend going on a mission to save them from a volcano seems dumb to me.

JW1 was a decent movie, not great but I liked the premise. The park is finally up and running. Attracting huge crowds. Then disaster strikes as a big ol dinosaur gets on the loose in the park. The fact that the baddie wasn't even a real dinosaur but one that they created in a lab with traits of all other dinosaurs, with the T-Rex becoming the hero dinosaur was all a bit much, but I digress.

What I would have liked to see as the plot of JW2 would be that dinosaurs are starting to migrate and show up at human-settled areas. Pterodactyls are flying across the ocean to nearby islands and causing chaos. Some aquatic dinos have been attacking small fishing vessels. So we need to destroy them. The military hard-asses want to nuke it, so Chris Pratt and his ladyfriend go on a mission to somehow stop dino migration in a less destructive way. This is somewhat similar to what they're going with, except in this case the volcano is the trigger event. And that seems lame. But even if we're going with that plot, the trailer itself leaves a lot to be desired in terms of dialogue and action sequences, none of which seems particularly compelling.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, I can't really argue with any of that. Your proposed plot makes a lot more sense.

The shots of the dinosaurs falling off the cliff to escape the volcano bummed me out.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side note, in hindsight it was not wise to build a billion dollar theme park on an island with an active volcano about to erupt. Even if the events of JW1 had not transpired and the park was still up and running, this would have have put the kibosh on it rather quickly. Maybe it's an unexpected eruption but we can predict these things pretty well these days.

Yes I'm overthinking it lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Have they ever mentioned in any of the other films that Isla Nublar is an active volcano?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember them mentioning it being a volcano in any of the other movies, but maybe it's long overdue for an eruption like the volcano under Yellowstone.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Yeah, I can't really argue with any of that. Your proposed plot makes a lot more sense.

The shots of the dinosaurs falling off the cliff to escape the volcano bummed me out.
    Yeah that was depressing. In the first one my wife hate the scene where the escaped dinosaur killed all those dinos in the field.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Side note, in hindsight it was not wise to build a billion dollar theme park on an island with an active volcano about to erupt. Even if the events of JW1 had not transpired and the park was still up and running, this would have have put the kibosh on it rather quickly. Maybe it's an unexpected eruption but we can predict these things pretty well these days.

Yes I'm overthinking it lol.
    Obviously John Hammond did spare some expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAle View Post
    Yeah that was depressing. In the first one my wife hate the scene where the escaped dinosaur killed all those dinos in the field.
    The poor bastards drowning is an even worse death.

I think us being bummed by the deaths of these freak laboratory monsters shows why the silly humans would want to save them. I mean, I wouldn't personally go on that mission, but sure, send Chris Pratt and Ginger McHighHeels to try and wrangle these beasts.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Getting a little Chris Pratt Everyman fatigue..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Now I know how all those Star Wars nerds felt when they hated The Last Jedi.

The Rob Lee of FC Rajah
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did enjoy the constant use of the "Stealth T. rex" trope. Lost count how many times she turned up silently, act something and did the roar just to get the crowd to pop...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    There are some good moments in this, but fuck me was the story boring. Physically cringed at some of the lines too.