User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Smith's View Askewniverse

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only real complaint against Clerks 2 is the ABC dance scene. I actually enjoy it up to a point, like when everyone in the restaurant and Jay/Silent Bob are vibing and dancing to it it's cool but when it gets to the part when Jay/SB look into the camera with pig tails and start miming the words and then the whole dance troupe comes out, it's too much. I didn't like breaking the 4th wall like that. That plus Silent Bob just has a silly grin on his face way too much. I liked him better was he was brooding and mysterious. Overall though, it's a good flick.

The Clerks 3 plot described above sounds fine. Randall having a mid life crisis is obvious and probably what we are expecting from Clerks 3, and the idea to have him want to make a movie is reasonable since he was all about movies in Clerks 1. Him directing an indie like the real Clerks film could certainly work well with a good script by Smith.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    My only real complaint against Clerks 2 is the ABC dance scene. I actually enjoy it up to a point, like when everyone in the restaurant and Jay/Silent Bob are vibing and dancing to it it's cool but when it gets to the part when Jay/SB look into the camera with pig tails and start miming the words and then the whole dance troupe comes out, it's too much. I didn't like breaking the 4th wall like that. That plus Silent Bob just has a silly grin on his face way too much. I liked him better was he was brooding and mysterious. Overall though, it's a good flick.

The Clerks 3 plot described above sounds fine. Randall having a mid life crisis is obvious and probably what we are expecting from Clerks 3, and the idea to have him want to make a movie is reasonable since he was all about movies in Clerks 1. Him directing an indie like the real Clerks film could certainly work well with a good script by Smith.
    Clerks 2 was too clean. Clerks 1 was the shit because of how low budget it was. It's like watching Evil Dead and then jumping to Army of Darkness. Smith's movies, they're like steak, I like it cooked a certain way and when it's different I'm struggling lol

I'll fuck your mom with a jack-o-lantern on my head while Monster Mash plays in the background.
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    It'll be cool, I hope. I wish my daughter didn't watch the resurrected 90210 show because part of me is thinking about how this is a similar premise but instead of the fictional 90210 characters doing a movie, it's a fictional version of the real life actors putting together the reboot of 90210. And the 10 minutes I saw of it, made me want to hang myself from a tall building by the balls lol.

With all of that said.....Clerks 3 should hopefully be better than the clusterfuck of Clerks 2.
    Clerks 2 was so good.

But yes I'd bet that it will be more slapsticky and silly and cartoony.