User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 196 of 196

Thread: Spider-Man Homecoming/Far From Home

  1. #101
    hey Matthew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    51,805
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    964043
    good for nothing, all of you

  2. #102
    dude it's iron man.. man
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,689
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21768
    Good film
    Last edited by mr sabu; July 12th, 2019 at 3:03 AM.

  3. #103
    TEETH lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TEETH
    Posts
    10,214
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    57899
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I would take any excuse to get the Netflix Matt Murdoch on the big screen.

    Peter could use a good lawyer.

  4. #104
    dude it's iron man.. man
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,689
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21768
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    good for nothing, all of you

    my original post i was going to sum it up for you.. but i deleted it cause it's the entire movie plot so i went against it and decided not too

  5. #105
    hey Matthew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    51,805
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    964043
    BUT THAT IS WHAT I WANTED OH MY GOODNESS

  6. #106
    dude it's iron man.. man
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,689
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21768
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    BUT THAT IS WHAT I WANTED OH MY GOODNESS
    WELL OK THEN



  7. #107
    hey Matthew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    51,805
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    964043
    thank you

    dickhead

  8. #108
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Very good movie. Funny story...My oldest daughter (14) has never given a shit at all about any super hero movies unless you count Kick Ass. She was actually the one who wanted to go to this. Jake Gyllenhaal for the win. Not even sure what movie of his she's seen lol. I figured it was because Zendaya is in it and maybe she just found out she was part of the Spider Man movies.

    Anyway....Both my daughters loved it (the other is 8). I thought it was real good. I'm a big big Spider Man fan so I can't jump on the bandwagon calling it the GOAT Spidey movie just yet. I need it to process, maybe watch it again 20 times and then another 20 10 years later because still for me, the best is Spider Man 2 with Tobey Maguire.

    Overall, one of the better Spider Man movies. Loved the concept, loved Mysterio, I can't wait to see what's next for the MCU fans.

  9. #109
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,533
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    514191
    This was quite an enjoyable summer movie. I love MJ and Mysterio is a cool character.


  10. #110
    ◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤ Bill Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣
    Posts
    80,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    373645
    usa

  11. #111
    ◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤ Bill Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣
    Posts
    80,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    373645
    usa
    Comic books that are referenced on license plates and a boat...



  12. #112
    dude it's iron man.. man
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,689
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21768

  13. #113
    ◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤ Bill Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣
    Posts
    80,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    373645
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post

  14. #114
    HotThickButteredToast mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,600
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    847305
    This was great. Really fun stuff.

  15. #115
    The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Posts
    19,710
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    284635
    Yeah when I saw it about 80% of the cinema left after the first credits scene. I was all like "have you idiots learned nothing in the last decade?"

  16. #116
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo Fortyone View Post
    Yeah when I saw it about 80% of the cinema left after the first credits scene. I was all like "have you idiots learned nothing in the last decade?"
    haha. No shit. The mid-credit stuff isn't even half as prominent as the very end credit scene. I remember wanting to tell a dad for him and his 2 boys to wait but one of them were asleep so I was like eh, they don't give a fuck.

  17. #117
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    17,139
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    39300
    I thought I had heard there was no end credit scene, so I left. I think I may have mixed that up with end game.

    Is there anywhere to see them?

  18. #118
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    I thought I had heard there was no end credit scene, so I left. I think I may have mixed that up with end game.

    Is there anywhere to see them?
    I would check the main 3 social media sites, twitter-instagram-facebook. The first 2 I can promise you will have SOMETHING.

  19. #119
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    26,227
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    839616
    canada
    Enjoyed it. I almost didn't stay for the second end credit scene thinking it would be like Spider-Man homecoming. Glad I did.


  20. #120
    Ironclad Contract RuneEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15,997
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182876
    She's not even the same MJ from the comics so it shouldnt even matter.

  21. #121
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,533
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    514191
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Enjoyed it. I almost didn't stay for the second end credit scene thinking it would be like Spider-Man homecoming. Glad I did.

    I've never heard of that before but having just briefly looked at the wikipedia page for it, I'm going to say yes, I agree.

  22. #122
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    26,227
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    839616
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    She's not even the same MJ from the comics so it shouldnt even matter.
    I more meant from a storytelling perspective some people don’t like it. Although I feel their complaints are more based around how the story gets too focused on their marriage. Which isn’t a concern in these movies.

  23. #123
    TEETH lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TEETH
    Posts
    10,214
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    57899
    MJ and Peter should be married. Shitty writers stuck on Moonlighting and Cheers mindset killed it.

  24. #124
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,794
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    653351
    No, Peter never wins in the long run, but he keeps on keepin on. Its part of his fundamental appeal, in a Good Ol' Charlie Brown kinda way.

  25. #125
    TEETH lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TEETH
    Posts
    10,214
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    57899
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    No, Peter never wins in the long run, but he keeps on keepin on. Its part of his fundamental appeal, in a Good Ol' Charlie Brown kinda way.
    No. MJ is the reward for all the loses and death, he has endured. A friend of mine argued your point as why Spiderman is stupid to him. His point is that if Peter's life is just self destruction then what is the point and why am I reading about a failure?

  26. #126
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    10,607
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    248404
    Peter's life isn't about self destruction, it's about self maintenance. Life is hard, people knock you down, but you always have the ability to fix it.

    Peter lost MJ... won her back... then allowed the devil to break them up so his identity could be preserved... but they found each other again.
    Doc Oc took over Peter's body and literally killed his soul... but Peter still came back and convinced Oc his ways were wrong. They found common ground and now Doc's Superior again.

    Just two quick stories off the top of my head.

  27. #127
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    25,722
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    735467
    well it was fun while it lasted...

    https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-f...er-1202672545/

    at the moment, looks like the marvel/sony deal is done and marvel studios/feige wont have any involvement in spiderman heading forward.

  28. #128
    TEETH lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TEETH
    Posts
    10,214
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    57899
    Hmmm....this is bad.

  29. #129
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    26,227
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    839616
    canada
    That sucks. But I understand why Sony did it. Yes the Marvel movies were better than the Amazing movies. But if Marvel wanted to go up from getting a 5% cut to a 50% cut, they weren't doing THAT much better financially. Still sucks.

  30. #130
    Ironclad Contract RuneEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15,997
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182876

    Sony are basically gonna have to soft reboot the franchise, and I don't think I could be bothered to reinvest myself in it in the same way again all over again.

  31. #131
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,533
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    514191
    I could see them still coming to an agreement despite this reported stalemate

    But how does this affect Spidey appearing in future Avengers flicks? I’m kinda okay with Marvel being hands off with Spidey solo flicks (even though it’s not ideal) but Spidey’s gotta keep being in the future team up flicks.

  32. #132
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Fuck this sucks balls.

  33. #133
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,185
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    660209
    usa
    Can't they all just get along!

  34. #134
    He / Him
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    53,378
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1095525
    usa
    Seems like everyone leaves too much cash on the table. There is no reason why Sony cant continue leasing out spiderman for the team up films and tell their own story for the stand alone films.

    How many times can you reboot one universe? It's going to be like Superman and Batman where I wont care whatsoever about a new Spiderman in a new Universe.

  35. #135
    He / Him
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    53,378
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1095525
    usa
    Superman was such a huge part of my childhood and they have trashed it.

    Spiderman I cared less about as a property but thought the Toby MacGuire films were mostly good and it's just felt directionless up until the Holland MCU version. It actually seemed like Spiderman was just getting awesome again.

  36. #136
    Ironclad Contract RuneEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15,997
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182876
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I could see them still coming to an agreement despite this reported stalemate

    But how does this affect Spidey appearing in future Avengers flicks? I’m kinda okay with Marvel being hands off with Spidey solo flicks (even though it’s not ideal) but Spidey’s gotta keep being in the future team up flicks.
    Surely thats off the table as well if the solo movies are. And then to have to consider how the Sony movies going forward wont feature all the Stark tech, any mention of whats happened in the MCU, etc. So that will have to be re-written as well. So personally I'm not OK without the MCU involvement in future movies. With this potentially being a fourth reboot of the character in less than two decades, I feel like we've gone down this path too many times already. How many more Spider-Man exclusive villains can they use that havent been done before (and people would give a shit about)?
    Without Disney's IPs, we're really limited on what we can do here.

    Disney themselves will be fine. The MCU wont have any issues writing Spidey out of the universe as the Infinity Saga has just ended, and they havent really committed to the character going forward. This was the perfect time to lose Spider-Man. People will just look back on Far From Home in the same way that they do with the Incredible Hulk movie ages ago with Edward Norton, where its sort of acknowledged but not important.

    Its a shame really. I can get why Sony want to retain a large percentage of the IP. Sony need it more than Marvel Studios do. They're making spin offs from it, and Sony also have the exclusive game rights for example as well. This is all they have and its served them well for many years.
    But on the flip side of the coin, Disney would obviously argue that its their universe that Spider-Man leverages for its own success in the box office, so Disney want a bigger cut for that.

    I can't ever see Sony completely selling the character back to Disney. I can only imagine how much it would cost if they considered it. Plus Disney just forked out over $70bn for the Fox deal. Right now they probably cant afford what Sony would ask for.
    I guess as fans we just have to hope they can get together and agree on another deal again.

  37. #137
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    25,722
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    735467
    it seems odd that marvel would position peter/spiderman as the heir apparent to iron man without knowing that they had the character locked up for a handful more movies.

  38. #138
    Cirque du Soleil Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    10,908
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    148822
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND View Post
    Spiderman I cared less about as a property but thought the Toby MacGuire films were mostly good and it's just felt directionless up until the Holland MCU version. It actually seemed like Spiderman was just getting awesome again.
    Tom Holland has nailed it. I still think the character’s appearance in Civil War is pitch perfect. It was the Spiderman I’ve always wanted to see on screen - the talking and wise-cracking, the earnestness, the agility and style of movement - and he comes alive through having the other MCU characters to banter with. It’ll be a crying shame if that’s gone for good, but hopefully cooler heads prevail. The third film wasn’t around the corner and neither is another team-up movie. I’d be surprised if they don’t work it out in the end, even if it takes a year or two.

  39. #139
    TEETH lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TEETH
    Posts
    10,214
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    57899
    Yea ...this bad ..., really bad!

  40. #140
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,533
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    514191
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND View Post
    Seems like everyone leaves too much cash on the table. There is no reason why Sony cant continue leasing out spiderman for the team up films and tell their own story for the stand alone films.

    How many times can you reboot one universe? It's going to be like Superman and Batman where I wont care whatsoever about a new Spiderman in a new Universe.
    Nothing is being rebooted. Tom Holland will be the star of the next spider man movie

  41. #141
    Ironclad Contract RuneEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15,997
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182876
    If Sony can’t use any of the Disney IPs in their future solo movies, then they’re gonna have to soft reboot it.

  42. #142
    TEETH lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TEETH
    Posts
    10,214
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    57899
    I AM NOT OK!!!!

  43. #143
    ◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤ Bill Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣
    Posts
    80,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    373645
    usa
    I bet Avi Arad wants Venom in it...
    Like when he had Raimi shove Venom in Spider-Man 3...

  44. #144
    ◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤ Bill Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣
    Posts
    80,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    373645
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    If Sony can’t use any of the Disney IPs in their future solo movies, then they’re gonna have to soft reboot it.
    From my understanding, without the Disney deal, Sony can't use any of the actors as the same characters. It's a contract stipulation that Tom Holland can't reprise his role as Peter Parker/Spider-Man without Disney. They could have Tom Holland in the movie, but not as Spider-Man. They would have to recast everyone except J Jonah Jameson...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; August 20th, 2019 at 8:54 PM.

  45. #145
    He / Him
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    53,378
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1095525
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Nothing is being rebooted. Tom Holland will be the star of the next spider man movie
    Ok my bad. There are a few conflicting stories I have read.

  46. #146
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,533
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    514191
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    From my understanding, without the Disney deal, Sony can't use any of the actors as the same characters. It's a contract stipulation that Tom Holland can't reprise his role as Peter Parker/Spider-Man without Disney. They could have Tom Holland in the movie, but not as Spider-Man. They would have to recast everyone except J Jonah Jameson...
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND View Post
    Ok my bad. There are a few conflicting stories I have read.
    well if what Bill Casey said here is true then I'm wrong. but the way I read it (and also what would make sense to me) is Sony can still make Holland spider man movies just without Feige as producer and without MCU crossovers like Nick Fury and Tony Stark.

    I would be surprised if the contract stipulation Bill said above is the case. if so, that would be a huge negotiating advantage for Marvel. I mean that's basically everything. rebooting would suck, I agree.

    I think I'm right though. "Two more Spider-Man films are reportedly in development, with both director Jon Watts and star Tom Holland attached." https://io9.gizmodo.com/spider-man-w...ony-1837416155

  47. #147
    ◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤ Bill Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣
    Posts
    80,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    373645
    usa
    There was also that story that if Far From Home made a billion, Disney got to make a third film...
    And now there's reports that Sony and Marvel are still negotiating, so...

  48. #148
    ... Beer-Belly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,491
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    416443
    usa
    Sony wanted to to keep the current deal and Disney wanted it 50/50, right? I'm not sure what people expected Sony to do if that's the case.

  49. #149
    He / Him
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    53,378
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1095525
    usa
    Even Spiderman has to deal with #FAKENEWS

  50. #150
    TEETH lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TEETH
    Posts
    10,214
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    57899
    You can't expect Disney to just take 5 percent after rebuilding the character after the shitty Amazing Spiderman films. You have to give them at 25. Also, is this going to affect Toby McGauire being in Dr. Strange 2?

  51. #151
    Alrite? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    22,012
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    762711
    spain
    #BoycottSony , Grow up NERDS!

  52. #152
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,996
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    635531
    This sounds like a negotiating ploy. Could go bad, obviously, but it just sounds like posturing.

  53. #153
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,533
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    514191
    Sony's official statement, for those who haven't seen it:

    Much of today’s news about Spider-Man has mischaracterized recent discussions about Kevin Feige’s involvement in the franchise. We are disappointed, but respect Disney’s decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film. We hope this might change in the future, but understand that the many new responsibilities that Disney has given him – including all their newly added Marvel properties – do not allow time for him to work on IP they do not own. Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.

  54. #154
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    I have no idea what's going on. lol

  55. #155
    TEETH lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TEETH
    Posts
    10,214
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    57899
    Sony leaking all this while trying to convince themselves that people didn't go see Venom on MCU Spiderman Goodwill is astonishing. Of course, it took the Sony hack to embarrass them to go back to Marvel when it was revealed they didn't want to have him in Avengers 1 for dumb ass reasons. Marvel can build with Black Panther as the lead Avenger instead of Spidey. It will suck, but they can do it.

  56. #156
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    I'm not a fan of them building Spidey as the lead Avenger as it is. Especially at this point because the idea of a Junior in High School leading the Avengers seems odd.

  57. #157
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,533
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    514191
    My guess would be that Marvel leaked it since it made Sony look bad

  58. #158
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Sony leaking all this while trying to convince themselves that people didn't go see Venom on MCU Spiderman Goodwill is astonishing. Of course, it took the Sony hack to embarrass them to go back to Marvel when it was revealed they didn't want to have him in Avengers 1 for dumb ass reasons. Marvel can build with Black Panther as the lead Avenger instead of Spidey. It will suck, but they can do it.
    I'm not sure what this particular line means. When I read it, I keep thinking "ok he's missing a few words via typing too fast" but yeah not sure what you're saying here.

  59. #159
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    26,227
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    839616
    canada
    I think he means that people only saw Venom because they like the MCU Spider-Man.

    Which I disagree with completely.

  60. #160
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    11,253
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    545873
    maldives
    Spidey as the lead avenger doesn't make any sense the way that world has been written.

    Panther or maybe even Captain Marvel perhaps.

  61. #161
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I think he means that people only saw Venom because they like the MCU Spider-Man.

    Which I disagree with completely.
    Yeah I thought that's what he was saying I just wasn't 100% sure.

    I disagree as well. I know a lot of people that were like "I wonder if they'll have Spider-Man" or "How can they do a Venom movie without Spidey!?!" but Venom is his own thing and did a good job.

    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Spidey as the lead avenger doesn't make any sense the way that world has been written.

    Panther or maybe even Captain Marvel perhaps.
    Who would you consider the lead Avenger up until End Game? I've always felt they put more emphasis on Iron Man in terms of the stories, but I'm leaning a little toward Captain America as the ace. Thoughts?

  62. #162
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    11,253
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    545873
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Who would you consider the lead Avenger up until End Game? I've always felt they put more emphasis on Iron Man in terms of the stories, but I'm leaning a little toward Captain America as the ace. Thoughts?
    Cap. Battle strategies, rah rah speeches.

    Stark was right there of course. Vocal 1st lieutenant. But at the end of the day the I think there was a pretty clear distinction that everyone was following Rogers' lead.

  63. #163
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Cap. Battle strategies, rah rah speeches.

    Stark was right there of course. Vocal 1st lieutenant. But at the end of the day the I think there was a pretty clear distinction that everyone was following Rogers' lead.
    I agree.

    And as far as Spidey goes. Like I said, he's too young right now to be a lead Avenger. He's barely scratched the surface.

  64. #164
    Ironclad Contract RuneEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15,997
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182876
    But his whole story arc seemed to be about him trying to grow into the huge shoes of Tony Stark and become a lead Avenger. It's always looked like this is where they're headed.

  65. #165
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    But his whole story arc seemed to be about him trying to grow into the huge shoes of Tony Stark and become a lead Avenger. It's always looked like this is where they're headed.
    Maybe way down the road but right now, the idea of a 16 year old, regardless of his powers, being considered the leader of the Avengers....I don't think it would come across that well. Peter is a totally different character than Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. It'd be like Quill from Guardians being the leader. Too many jokes, too ho hum positive.

    Maybe 10 years down the road when Peter has matured into the superhero he is supposed to be, THEN we can see him as the leader. Right now, he's just a kid.

  66. #166
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    11,253
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    545873
    maldives
    He's certainly been portrayed as a Stark protege. And he could one day become a lead avenger. But I just don't see right now as the time when Falcon and Panther and War Machine take directions from the kid who still hasn't gone to prom.

  67. #167
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    He's certainly been portrayed as a Stark protege. And he could one day become a lead avenger. But I just don't see right now as the time when Falcon and Panther and War Machine take directions from the kid who still hasn't gone to prom.
    I am curious how long Falcon is going to be Capt America. He wasn't Cap for very long in the comics but he does become the leader of the Avengers.

  68. #168
    Ironclad Contract RuneEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15,997
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182876
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    He's certainly been portrayed as a Stark protege. And he could one day become a lead avenger. But I just don't see right now as the time when Falcon and Panther and War Machine take directions from the kid who still hasn't gone to prom.
    My point is that some of you dont see him as a lead Avenger, and you said you don't think it makes sense with the way the world has been written. I just think people can't see it because he hasn't reached that point in his story arc yet.
    This journey was never going to be fast tracked when we knew Marvel/Disney have this worry about not owning the Spider-Man character themselves. I remember mentioning in my initial reaction after watching Far From Home that I felt it didnt tie into other movies enough for my liking, and thought it might have been because of Sony still own the rights to the character.
    I think Marvel Studio's have positioned the character in a manner where they've planted the seeds and can go all the way with Spidey to make him one of the lead characters of the universe, if they choose to do so. But its clearly not going to happen until they have full control of the character's rights.

  69. #169
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    11,253
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    545873
    maldives
    Was my impression that we were talking about phase 4 or 5 of the mcu.

  70. #170
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    My point is that some of you dont see him as a lead Avenger, and you said you don't think it makes sense with the way the world has been written. I just think people can't see it because he hasn't reached that point in his story arc yet.
    This journey was never going to be fast tracked when we knew Marvel/Disney have this worry about not owning the Spider-Man character themselves. I remember mentioning in my initial reaction after watching Far From Home that I felt it didnt tie into other movies enough for my liking, and thought it might have been because of Sony still own the rights to the character.
    I think Marvel Studio's have positioned the character in a manner where they've planted the seeds and can go all the way with Spidey to make him one of the lead characters of the universe, if they choose to do so. But its clearly not going to happen until they have full control of the character's rights.
    I'll admit that I was definitely focusing on the NOW.

    The end of Far From Home seems a little prophetic



    Me personally......I'm very excited about the potential of Tom Holland's Spider Man interacting with Tom Hardy's Venom and Woody Harrelson's Carnage.

  71. #171
    Ironclad Contract RuneEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15,997
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182876
    Have to admit, Holland's Spidey in a movie with Venom and Carnage would excite me more than anything Marvel Studios have announced for Phase 4 right now.

  72. #172
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    Have to admit, Holland's Spidey in a movie with Venom and Carnage would excite me more than anything Marvel Studios have announced for Phase 4 right now.
    Hey I'll say this....by Phase 5 I could see Spidey as the lead Avenger. It's hard to deny his popularity, arguably the most popular super hero in Marvel's history, I'm a huge fucking fan myself.

  73. #173
    TEETH lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TEETH
    Posts
    10,214
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    57899
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    Have to admit, Holland's Spidey in a movie with Venom and Carnage would excite me more than anything Marvel Studios have announced for Phase 4 right now.
    Yea..no thanks.

  74. #174
    ◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤ Bill Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣
    Posts
    80,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    373645
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Hey I'll say this....by Phase 5 I could see Spidey as the lead Avenger. It's hard to deny his popularity, arguably the most popular super hero in Marvel's history, I'm a huge fucking fan myself.
    In End Game, there's a scene where The Infinity Gauntlet gets passed around like an Olympic Torch, and it goes to Black Panther, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel...

    I believe that this scene was symbolic. Black Panther, Spider-Man, and Captain Marvel were set to be Marvel's new trinity...

  75. #175
    ◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤ Bill Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣
    Posts
    80,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    373645
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Who would you consider the lead Avenger up until End Game? I've always felt they put more emphasis on Iron Man in terms of the stories, but I'm leaning a little toward Captain America as the ace. Thoughts?
    Cap is the lead Avenger, Tony is the lancer...

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLancer

    Which is arguably the cooler role. Everybody loves a good lancer...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; August 21st, 2019 at 8:31 PM.

  76. #176
    Ironclad Contract RuneEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15,997
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182876
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Yea..no thanks.
    ok m8

  77. #177
    ◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤ Bill Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣
    Posts
    80,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    373645
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I think I'm right though. "Two more Spider-Man films are reportedly in development, with both director Jon Watts and star Tom Holland attached." https://io9.gizmodo.com/spider-man-w...ony-1837416155
    UPDATE: Deadline is now saying director Jon Watts is NOT attached for any more films...

    https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-f...er-1202672545/

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadline
    Watts isn’t signed on for the next film and isn’t a certainty to be back as he is being heavily courted for other jobs. Could Sony find itself vying against Marvel for Watts’ future services as director?

  78. #178
    TEETH lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TEETH
    Posts
    10,214
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    57899
    Yikes. I saw a tweet from someone saying they talked to Fiege at D23 while a Spidey costume stared at them. Not sure if that is a hint or a sad coincidence. I know people are saying Uncle Ben will be back as Peter's motivation,. I will direct people to a character named Ezekiel.

  79. #179
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,185
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    660209
    usa
    Just saw a deal has been made. If true it is a relief for sure.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=onhygON2Vrk

  80. #180
    ◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤ Bill Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣
    Posts
    80,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    373645
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Just saw a deal has been made. If true it is a relief for sure.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=onhygON2Vrk
    Please let the "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends" movie be real...



    I've always felt like Firestar was underused and that's an absolutely perfect spot to use Iceman...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; August 23rd, 2019 at 10:41 PM.

  81. #181
    ◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤ Bill Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣
    Posts
    80,280
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    373645
    usa
    It's looking more and more like SONY isn't interested in collaborating further since "Venom" and "Into The Spiderverse" took off...

  82. #182
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Watching the 1st Raimi Spider-Man movie. Me personally I find this series to be the absolute best overall from anything live action that I've seen. Not taking jack shit away from the other movies as they are all great in their own way, I just can't believe how amazing these movies are, especially the first one. Wow.

    With that said, I googled my man Tobey and all these sites and videos start coming up about fans wanting to see him show up in Dr Strange 2 now that Raimi is part of it. Thoughts? Could they pull off Tobey as Spider-Man? Or maybe he does something totally unrelated....I know the thing is to see our favorite actors in these comic book multi-universes, but Tobey is someone I would love to see just because I think he has some really really solid movies.

  83. #183
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,533
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    514191
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Watching the 1st Raimi Spider-Man movie. Me personally I find this series to be the absolute best overall from anything live action that I've seen. Not taking jack shit away from the other movies as they are all great in their own way, I just can't believe how amazing these movies are, especially the first one. Wow.

    With that said, I googled my man Tobey and all these sites and videos start coming up about fans wanting to see him show up in Dr Strange 2 now that Raimi is part of it. Thoughts? Could they pull off Tobey as Spider-Man? Or maybe he does something totally unrelated....I know the thing is to see our favorite actors in these comic book multi-universes, but Tobey is someone I would love to see just because I think he has some really really solid movies.
    In theory, it could be cool to show a brief cameo of Tobey as Spider Man in another universe, since the movie is going to be about the multiverse. Tobey is 44 years old and I feel like I haven't seen him in 10+ years so it might be kind of lame to show him in the suit but I'm sure Feige could make it cool if they want to fuck around with that sort of callback. But personally I wouldn't want to see that, it just seems cheesy and Doctor Strange is such an uber cool character that having him run into Tobey would be blah to me. I never liked him that much as an actor anyway.

  84. #184
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    11,021
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595384
    I'd love to see a callback, and shot of Tobey as Spidey. As a kid, Spiderman was always my favorite. I was in college when 1 came out, and being shocked that they pulled off that much comic accuracy in actual movie at that time. Watched Spiderman 2 with the kids recently. Still holds as one of my favorites.

  85. #185
    R.I.P Vader Brock Kasady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    38957
    I watch both of the movies anytime and anywhere. Plenty of replay value, I'd prefer rewatching Batman Returns, but certainly hold up.

  86. #186
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    11,021
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595384
    I always thought Batman Returns was a bit underrated. I don't put it on the Spiderman level, but still enjoyed it.

  87. #187
    50/50 Booker TimeSplitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    14,798
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    143242
    usa
    I know they wanted him, garfield, and holland in Into the Spiderverse. Maybe they could have that come to fruition in the sequel?

  88. #188
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    In theory, it could be cool to show a brief cameo of Tobey as Spider Man in another universe, since the movie is going to be about the multiverse. Tobey is 44 years old and I feel like I haven't seen him in 10+ years so it might be kind of lame to show him in the suit but I'm sure Feige could make it cool if they want to fuck around with that sort of callback. But personally I wouldn't want to see that, it just seems cheesy and Doctor Strange is such an uber cool character that having him run into Tobey would be blah to me. I never liked him that much as an actor anyway.
    Age is only a number my man. He's 44 and looks 30. The dude doesn't age. But I get it, some people would be thrilled others wouldn't. I'm not that high on Doctor Strange. His comics were cool, the movie was mediocre. I think people are just getting geeked up about something that probably isn't going to happen, at least how they think. Personally I think it would be cool, but I'm also thinking Tobey as someone totally different that allows him to be in other movies without the hassle of legal bullshit that comes with Spidey.

  89. #189
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    11,021
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595384
    If Tobey is cast as an alternate identity for Mysterio, and then he turns back into Jake Gyllenhaal, and kirsten dunst is one of their henchpeople....they can just have my money

  90. #190
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,533
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    514191
    Jamie Foxx, who played classic Spidey villain Electro in the Andrew Garfield-starring The Amazing Spider-Man 2, is in final talks to reprise the role for the latest Spider-Man installment, starring Tom Holland and being made by Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures.
    Interesting. I don't remember that movie very well so... was he even cool? I forget. Seems like a forgettable role to bring back (not the character but the role).

    Weird news.

  91. #191
    ALL EGO Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,201
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    419638
    usa
    I know Lance Archer must be ecstatic, he swears Amazing Spiderman 2 is the best Spiderman. He's wrong.

  92. #192
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Interesting. I don't remember that movie very well so... was he even cool? I forget. Seems like a forgettable role to bring back (not the character but the role).

    Weird news.
    Best part of the movie was Jamie Foxx. The special effects and the way he looked were incredible. I have a feeling this isn't going to be anything big but yeah I thought he did great.

  93. #193
    HotThickButteredToast mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    59,600
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    847305
    I agree with Diesel. Foxx as Electro worked for me.

  94. #194
    50/50 Booker TimeSplitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    14,798
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    143242
    usa
    Foxx was good in the movie, they just didn't give him anything interesting to do.

    I hope they bring him in like they did JK Simmons. Same character as another universe, but not the same version of the character.

  95. #195
    Ab Aeterno Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,533
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    514191

  96. #196
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    38,558
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1092825
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Damn I was hoping for Spider-Man "Homey Don't Play"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •