User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WWE Mae Young Classic

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is a very reasonable question. That is what kind of question it is.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really intrigued by this. Love that they seem to be using similar presentation elements as the CWC. I'm a little wary of JR and Lita on commentary, not sure JR knows enough about the women and haven't been impressed by Lita on panels. I was hoping for Mauro and maybe Sara Del Rey.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that Madusa/Alundra Blayze will be joining them on commentary too. I'm not sure which one though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think she's Alundra Blayze in WWE canon.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is even more crazy in hindsight considering what a dud the CW division has been.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really failed to carry forward any of the things that made the CWC great. The sports presentation, Mauro and Bryan's commentary, the character profiles, the lack of sports entertainment storylines. That all evaporated once they hit the main roster.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely excited for this. Cool that Ronda Rousey was there to support Shayna Bayzler.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfanatic View Post
    I think it is a very reasonable question. That is what kind of question it is.
    no it isn't at all. just like how people cry when watching a movie.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    We all know sox is a verified troll, let him be.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, like you are saying, it is reasonable for people to cry during a movie. So I think it is very reasonable for me to ask if people will cry at the conclusion of this event.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is really kind of odd how every time there is something that is the least bit negative that is said about the WWE that PP and Peter Griffin come rushing in to the defense.

You must have coworkers or something that make fun of you for being such WWE marks. That is the only reason you would get so defensive.

You should try standing up to them.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    We all know sox is a verified troll, let him be.
    Yes, and what are you?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The cruiserweight division's sole purpose was to be content. WWE had zero content when they started the Network like total dumb asses. Even with the cruiserweight division they really only have four hours of continuing original programing after almost five years. The fact they tried to shoe horn the CW on to Raw was a bad idea. It should be like NXT where they make you want to pay to see them. They gave it away for free, watered it down not to embarrass the rest of the roster and now no one wants to see it. I am not sure what they are going to do with the women. I would like to see an hour or two of women's wrestling, but I don't trust them enough to do that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 205 would be a better show if it were just on the network. Especially if it was taped at Full Sail. Presumably less Vince involvement, go back to the tone and presentation of the CWC. You can do Cruiserweight Title matches on the NXT Takeovers like they did with the UK Title.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes, like you are saying, it is reasonable for people to cry during a movie. So I think it is very reasonable for me to ask if people will cry at the conclusion of this event.
    I cry a lot.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is really kind of odd how every time there is something that is the least bit negative that is said about the WWE that PP and Peter Griffin come rushing in to the defense.
    You didn't try to say anything negative about WWE, you're trying to ridicule other users' criticisms by asking them whether they'll respond emotionally to an outcome that hasn't been determined. Surely there must be better ways to seek attention.

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I cry a lot.
    As long as it's not happening during a baseball game, it's allowed.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must have coworkers or something that make fun of you for being such WWE marks. That is the only reason you would get so defensive.

haha. Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    The cruiserweight division's sole purpose was to be content. WWE had zero content when they started the Network like total dumb asses. Even with the cruiserweight division they really only have four hours of continuing original programing after almost five years. The fact they tried to shoe horn the CW on to Raw was a bad idea. It should be like NXT where they make you want to pay to see them. They gave it away for free, watered it down not to embarrass the rest of the roster and now no one wants to see it. I am not sure what they are going to do with the women. I would like to see an hour or two of women's wrestling, but I don't trust them enough to do that.
    You have to at least admit that they do have CONTENT. Having content like NXT is nice but I'm sure it's costly if they tried to have like 5-6 shows just like it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    I think 205 would be a better show if it were just on the network. Especially if it was taped at Full Sail. Presumably less Vince involvement, go back to the tone and presentation of the CWC. You can do Cruiserweight Title matches on the NXT Takeovers like they did with the UK Title.
    I agree 100%.

You know what bugs me and it's so dumb but when it's women or CW's, they have to announce "This is a Women's Division/CW Division match!" They don't do that for the IC title, or the tag-team division, or anything else but those 2 "divisions". The CW division doesn't really bother me as much as it does the Women's. We know they're women you fuck. I get that you would have to differentiate the men because Kalisto isn't in the CW but Neville is, I get it. But women?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

What's so bad about defending WWE? For me, it's something I've watched for 27 years, I love it, so why wouldn't I want to defend it? Is supporting WWE a bad thing now?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it reasonable though? You were the one that made yourself look like a fool when you were whining about people in the audience crying when Perkins won the title. So obviously you weren't being serious when asking the question. You were being a troll.

And no ND that's not the truth at all. There are quite a few wrestling fans in my office. Soxfanatic has to be one of the most miserable people out there. Probably needs to have sex.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is being a troll and asking if people will cry have to do with being negative about the WWE?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If he has sex, can he change his name to sexfanatic?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What's so bad about defending WWE? For me, it's something I've watched for 27 years, I love it, so why wouldn't I want to defend it? Is supporting WWE a bad thing now?
    There's defending and sounding a fucking loon. PurePlayer is not that bad, I just like to give him shit because he can take it like a real grown man should. He takes it pretty hard sometimes, and it can be a little rough, maybe a little dry and he doesn't get it but he is a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Is it reasonable though? You were the one that made yourself look like a fool when you were whining about people in the audience crying when Perkins won the title. So obviously you weren't being serious when asking the question. You were being a troll.

And no ND that's not the truth at all. There are quite a few wrestling fans in my office. Soxfanatic has to be one of the most miserable people out there. Probably needs to have sex.
    I was just meaning it was true that you're a big WWE apologist/mark but not as bad as some that were mentioned.

What is being a troll and asking if people will cry have to do with being negative about the WWE?
    Quit being positive about the WWE lame ass.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, back to the wrestling...

Last edited by MTR; July 14th, 2017 at 2:55 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    Fuck I guess I didn't realize we were going to dropping spoilers..Thanks fucker.
    Last edited by MTR; July 14th, 2017 at 2:57 PM.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuck those spoilers man. Damnit.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    oh glen...
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    FUCK OFF
    Last edited by MTR; July 14th, 2017 at 2:57 PM.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lets use spoiler tags people. Not everyone is going to want to know the results before the shows air on the network.

Also love that two of you quoted the spoilers while bitching about them. Seems silly when the original person or a mod can easily edit the post.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look like a fool because of people crying about TJ Perkins winning a wrestling tournament? Please think about what you said again and let that sink in.

You sound like a Temple grad.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you look like a fool for complaining about it. So yea read my point again numbnuts. When I shut your argument down asking if people cry during movies you tried to cover your tracks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you look like a fool for complaining about it. So yea read my point again numbnuts. When I shut your argument down asking if people cry during movies you tried to cover your tracks.
    ^^^This sensitive chap literally neg repped starting off by telling me no need for insults...then he insults someone 2 minutes later hahaha. Man up PP. Give it a rest.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is it sad when I think of Mae Young I think of her topless moment?

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do movies have to do with the CWC? There is a big difference between crying during a dramatic movie and crying while watching grown men roll around all over each other while wearing spray tan and tights.

You sir, are the fool.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, it is painfully obvious you have a mediocre education at best. Sorry to have to bring that up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do movies have to do with the CWC? There is a big difference between crying during a dramatic movie and crying while watching grown men roll around all over each other while wearing spray tan and tights.

You sir, are the fool.
    Oh really? So wrestling to you is grown men rolling around all over each other? You must really love being a troll. They are both forms of entertainment. They are both fake, they are both made for people to invest their emotions in. Why do people cheer and boo at a wrestling event. Is that not allowed? So the couple people that cried at the event are losers? Please man, grow up a bit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can respect sox's position on the crying. I can also respect someone crying after accomplishing the goals they set out to accomplish. Is Michael Jordan a pussy for crying after winning his 8-9 championships? Of course not. I've seen the baddest MMA fighters get emotional and cry/tear up. I don't see anyone around here stepping up to Junior Dos Santos or GSP and knocking them for getting emotional.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yeah, if you cried when TJ Perkins won a meaningless tournament then you are a total fucking loser. If you can't see that then you are even more of a dink than I thought in the first place.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to love self-loathing wrestling fans.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People that cry at a wrestling event are the kind of video clips that people watch and laugh at. At least grown up human beings.

PP, I apologize. Like I mentioned before, I think you are a pretty low level person when it comes to your education. So I am sorry for trouncing all over you. My fault.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I can respect sox's position on the crying. I can also respect someone crying after accomplishing the goals they set out to accomplish. Is Michael Jordan a pussy for crying after winning his 8-9 championships? Of course not. I've seen the baddest MMA fighters get emotional and cry/tear up. I don't see anyone around here stepping up to Junior Dos Santos or GSP and knocking them for getting emotional.
    I wouldn't mind TJ Perkins crying after winning. I do mind the fan in the audience that does though.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Got to love self-loathing wrestling fans.
    Troll. Get it right.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mocking someone's education level is not something I agree with. Some people can't afford an education, and that's not entirely their fault.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think I'm going to cry after every wrestling match I watch just to piss soxfanatic off lol

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was the nice way of not having to call him stupid.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cut out the fucking insults at each other. Attack the post not the poster.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not sure I see how someone crying over TJ Perkins winning is a bad thing. The story was that he came from nothing, and overcame the odds to win the tournament. Yes, it's all pre-determined, but the story is still there, and maybe that's a story people can relate to. I do think it's very similar to crying at a movie, a TV show, even music, because it's all creative works that move people.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Is that kind of like don't hate the player, hate the game?

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if a stupid person makes a stupid post though?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also we have no idea who the people crying were. What if they were friends or family of his? Or even if they were just big fans of his who had followed him for a long time and saw him win that tournament meaning he'd be Cruiserweight Champion and get a main roster contract. It's not the sort of thing that I would do, but I also can't ever remember a movie making me cry. Art just tends not to move me like that, but there's nothing wrong with someone else having a different response.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This ^

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What if a stupid person makes a stupid post though?
    Respond to the post but leave the personal insults out of it like calling someone stupid or variation of that. Not a hard concept

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So easy, even a troll can understand?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You are starting to push your luck. I don't have the patience today.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yeah, if you cried when TJ Perkins won a meaningless tournament then you are a total fucking loser. If you can't see that then you are even more of a dink than I thought in the first place.
    I find it funny how you equate crying at a wrestling show or defending it to education. Enjoy your miserable weekend bud

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling your weekend will be the typical one. A can of Vaseline and the WWE network. Enjoy!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soxfanatic should release his college transcripts to prove what an intellectual stud he is.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In his defense, you could be an intellectual stud and never even graduate high school. Just depends on how many zero's are on your pay check before the decimal.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Move it along people and get back on track.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we will move it along. I agree. But the college I graduated from is always ranked in the top 30 in the country. I will say that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha.

Even though Glenn ruined some of it, at the moment, I think I'm going to be rooting for Mia Yim.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes, we will move it along. I agree. But the college I graduated from is always ranked in the top 30 in the country. I will say that.

I don't appreciate (insert random insult here) that have to get the last word in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to hire at least 5 to 10 of them to restock NXT's depleted women's roster because right now the division is starting to falter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    5-10 of them are already signed.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith Orton View Post
    They need to hire at least 5 to 10 of them to restock NXT's depleted women's roster because right now the division is starting to falter
    And bump some of the mainstays of NXT up to the main roster so we can get a fresher roster of women that haven't been sucking shit through a straw for 10 years like Nattie and Alicia Fox.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. As is mine. Maybe they should reevaluate your college ranking

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    And bump some of the mainstays of NXT up to the main roster so we can get a fresher roster of women that haven't been sucking shit through a straw for 10 years like Nattie and Alicia Fox.
    Maybe they should call up Asuka in Lana's role of losing to Naomi in 10 seconds because she is a more deserving competitor?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Or in the Alicia Fox role of valet who barely wrestles while Sasha, Bayley, Alexa and Nia take up all the screen time...

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, let's let our minds run wild....

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shayna would demolish Bayley

Having the TRIFECTA in the Mae Young Classic (Savoy, Baszler, and Martinez) is going to be money.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realize WWE was going the Netflix route with this tournament. 4 episodes are available the first and second week and then live finals the 3rd week. What's the rush? Why can't they pace themselves?

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Non spoiler live notes:

The tournament is good. Really good. Overall possibly better than CWC. I say that because, as it lacks any "HOLY SHIT THAT WAS EPIC MOTYC" matches like the CWC had... it's consistently good. Only one match was actively bad. Every match felt important and was wrestled as such. Every match, including all 16 first round matches. In my opinion, other than the Gargano/Ciampa match, the 1st round of the CWC was very underwhelming. It didn't pick up until Round 2.

This tournament is non stop, almost every match is good, and a few are VERY good.

Lots of famous people in attendance as well. Most of them did a fake front row on-camera thing. But almost all of them returned to real seats in the shadows and watched the whole show as fans, clapping and cheering and all.

The atmosphere in the building was absolutely electric. It was a feeling in the air. Hard to explain. Both nights felt very important and special, and it translated in every lady's performance. Triple H gave a great speech that I don't think will air, but there wasn't many dry eyes in the house.

Just a great great event and I'm looking forward to you guys being able to see it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I didn't realize WWE was going the Netflix route with this tournament. 4 episodes are available the first and second week and then live finals the 3rd week. What's the rush? Why can't they pace themselves?
    Curious about this. Might just be them wanting to experiment and see how something does when it gets dropped mostly at once.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Shayna would demolish Bayley

Having the TRIFECTA in the Mae Young Classic (Savoy, Baszler, and Martinez) is going to be money.
    Lol Shayna Baszler is not money. I'm unfamiliar with her rasslin work but she was a very mediocre mmartist with a poor attitude and zero appeal or marketability. People only know her for being rousey's lesbian lackey. She's terrible.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Lol Shayna Baszler is not money. I'm unfamiliar with her rasslin work...
    Then you have no frame of reference here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know she's not money and knew this before you had ever heard of her.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lol Shayna Baszler is not money. I'm unfamiliar with her rasslin work but she was a very mediocre mmartist with a poor attitude and zero appeal or marketability. People only know her for being rousey's lesbian lackey. She's terrible.
    How do you know she's gay?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm pretty sure she's out of the closet.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what happened is, Makr Hamerm sent her a direct message on Instagram and only got the dreaded "Seen" notification.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You also think Shayna Baszler is money. She is an anti-draw.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You also think Shayna Baszler is money. She is an anti-draw.
    How far do you think Shayna Baszler will make it in the tournament, Mark?

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saying Shayna isn't money because of her MMA work is like saying Goldberg isn't gonna be a big deal because you've seen him play in the NFL.

This face runs the place
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only question and I don't care who won or lost but did Candice larae at least bust-out one ballsPlex?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I read this on the front page this morning.

"There were people within WWE who were not happy at the participante of the women's tournament because they were not "hot" and weren't good looking enough for WWE standards. Reportedly, WWE did give some of the women makeovers."

If true, that is some pretty superficial crap and pretty much sums up the bullshit that Hunter deals with on a daily basis when building a brand.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's surprising and pretty appalling that that's still an issue. It's not even as if half of them, probably, are sticking around after the tournament. Can they really be that far out of touch with what wrestling fans want to see from a wrestling show?

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    considering the amount of shit nia jax has gotten on here just inside the raw threads, i think you grossly over estimate the non-douchebag factor of the audience.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say this and most people inside the WWE will back this up as we've heard it from t.v. producers and everyone down the list.....This isn't 1975. Image has more to do with selling your product than some apparently realize. I would bet there is a small % of women who turn on Smackdown and see John Cena v. Kevin Owens and think "Man, that Kevin Owens, I'd fuck the shit out of that guy!" "John Cena....he's alright I guess...." Just a generic example but it's how t.v. has been presented for decades. Usually guys get away with being ugly as fuck way more than women obviously and I don't know too many male wrestling fans clamoring for women to look more like Rachel Dratch than Margot Robbie. I'm sure you guys out there in love with Alexa Bliss are mainly about her personality and character work, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

FOR SURE talent should be above looks and to be honest, why this report shocks a single fan is beyond me other than this is the world we live in.....I'm actually more sick and tired of the fans who hear a story like this and go "OH MY GOD VINCE WTF IT'S 2017!" Well, in 2017 we have more self-absorbed people than ever before. If I hear/read about more 400lbs. chick tatted up wearing a size 2 bikini and how she's above the haters and this is me!!! I'm going to fucking savate kick someone in the neck Haku style. And it's people like you cats going "Boo hoo looks are still important!?" that are actually a bigger problem because you're acknowledging they're ugly or whatever haha.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to fucking savate kick someone in the neck Haku style.
    This made my Monday.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    considering the amount of shit nia jax has gotten on here just inside the raw threads, i think you grossly over estimate the non-douchebag factor of the audience.
    I don't think there's a women's match/segment that goes by without some running commentary on here about how someone's either ugly or they want to drown in their ass.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I don't think there's a women's match/segment that goes by without some running commentary on here about how someone's either ugly or they want to drown in their ass.
    I will say about Nia Jax. I've never really heard anyone say she was ugly....literally the only negative outside of being green in the ring/on the mic is that her attire is not flattering and her music sucks. She posted a pic on the net wearing a bikini, she looked hot. She was a model and the pics I've seen she looks good and again, outside of her music and gear, never really heard anything worth caring about. Raw thread during the show brings out the creeps that never fuck with the site during any other time of day of the week.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pics or it was a pic of roman reigns in a bikini.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't notice many "ugly" remarks, honestly. With that said, I think that type of thing is shittier and more embarrassing than any juvenile remark about drowning in a woman's ass.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The paradox is that the WWE are stupid for thinking that every talent needs to be fuckable, and yet everyone they hire is very fuckable but their shriveled brains can't perceive it. Wrong from every angle.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    ... i think you grossly over estimate the non-douchebag factor of the audience.
    After seeing some of these other responses, I'd have to agree.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Just you mentioning it is making me annoyed.
    TAPS AFF!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    So I read this on the front page this morning.

"There were people within WWE who were not happy at the participante of the women's tournament because they were not "hot" and weren't good looking enough for WWE standards. Reportedly, WWE did give some of the women makeovers."

If true, that is some pretty superficial crap and pretty much sums up the bullshit that Hunter deals with on a daily basis when building a brand.
    So much for the "Women's Revolution".

FOR SURE talent should be above looks and to be honest, why this report shocks a single fan is beyond me other than this is the world we live in.....I'm actually more sick and tired of the fans who hear a story like this and go "OH MY GOD VINCE WTF IT'S 2017!" Well, in 2017 we have more self-absorbed people than ever before. If I hear/read about more 400lbs. chick tatted up wearing a size 2 bikini and how she's above the haters and this is me!!! I'm going to fucking savate kick someone in the neck Haku style. And it's people like you cats going "Boo hoo looks are still important!?" that are actually a bigger problem because you're acknowledging they're ugly or whatever haha.
    I think it's shocking because WWE made such a big deal about the "Revolution" in 2015 and 2016 that we dared hope things really were changing in the company. It's clear that's not the case when you look at how the division's being handled. Lana's getting pushed why? Because she's attractive, I guess. I wonder if that's why Bayley's been getting buried. Vince decided she's just not pretty enough? Also, we're supposed to think of the women as "Superstars" just like the men, but the Smackdown Women's Champion is still on a show called Total Divas and the RAW Women's Champ will be on there soon as well.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming onto a forum and saying Alexa Bliss is incredibly sexy is one thing. It's stating an opinion and should be perceived as fine. I can also appreciate her microphone work and increased ability in the ring. That said, coming onto a forum and ripping an entire show or segment due to the physical appearance of the women involved in insane. And for a large group of the backstage leadership to have those feelings, well, that is just downright silly. The tournament features some of the most talented women in the world of wrestling and these goons can;t look past the size of their breasts or perceived value of their looks. Again, it's ridiculous.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say this and most people inside the WWE will back this up as we've heard it from t.v. producers and everyone down the list.....This isn't 1975. Image has more to do with selling your product than some apparently realize. I would bet there is a small % of women who turn on Smackdown and see John Cena v. Kevin Owens and think "Man, that Kevin Owens, I'd fuck the shit out of that guy!" "John Cena....he's alright I guess...." Just a generic example but it's how t.v. has been presented for decades. Usually guys get away with being ugly as fuck way more than women obviously and I don't know too many male wrestling fans clamoring for women to look more like Rachel Dratch than Margot Robbie. I'm sure you guys out there in love with Alexa Bliss are mainly about her personality and character work, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

This is a pretty ignorant post.

You're basically defending the fact that a woman should get over on her looks alone versus the talent she possesses, right? Is that what you're defending here?

And yes, image plays a huge role in selling your product. Marketing 101. It's been like that since 1975, so I don't understand that comparison either. That said, image should not be the sole reason your leadership team is dissatisfied with a segment of your broadcast. Vince McMahon should be tuning into the Mae Young Classic thinking, "Wow, there are some talented individuals here who could better our programming." Instead, he looks down the line at their appearance, cringes and tunes out, which is fucking idiotic. So yes, I will be the guy who says, "OH MY GOD VINCE WTF IT'S 2017," because guess what, I think it's fucking insane to think that way, therefore I will state those feelings.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    This is a pretty ignorant post.

You're basically defending the fact that a woman should get over on her looks alone versus the talent she possesses, right? Is that what you're defending here?

And yes, image plays a huge role in selling your product. Marketing 101. It's been like that since 1975, so I don't understand that comparison either. That said, image should not be the sole reason your leadership team is dissatisfied with a segment of your broadcast. Vince McMahon should be tuning into the Mae Young Classic thinking, "Wow, there are some talented individuals here who could better our programming." Instead, he looks down the line at their appearance, cringes and tunes out, which is fucking idiotic. So yes, I will be the guy who says, "OH MY GOD VINCE WTF IT'S 2017," because guess what, I think it's fucking insane to think that way, therefore I will state those feelings.
    I'm basically telling you that if you watch enough t.v. and movies for the last 100+ years you'll know that no matter what, looks are always going to be important.

What I mean by it's not 1975 is look at the wrestlers of that time, even into the 80's. Wrestling went Hollywood eventually and like Hollywood put a lot of focus on image, which is why wrestlers would stay it eventually turned into a "body business". Look at the shape the majority of wrestlers in the WWE are in compared to way back in the day. Even back in the day, Bruno being presented as this big strong dude and looking like a big strong dude greatly helped.

And nobody has really said looks are the sole reason of anything. It is FOR SURE a top 3 reason, maybe top 2. You can look great and have no real talent and get over in entertainment, much harder if you look like shit and have more talent than most.

So yeah, Vince probably did go "That's a good worker but we need to work on their look". Is that only wrong because it's a female he's directing that toward? So are you telling me that it's wrong for the WWE to go up to Jinder Mahal and say "Hey buddy if you want a bigger push let's work on the way you look." He improves his look and blam, fucker is World champion and all the interviews about him literally talk about his look over anything.

So again....what's the issue here? For one, none of us know if this shit was even said, probably Meltzer or anyone else stating some bullshit they think Vince and Kevin Dunn are saying because guys like Meltzer and Alvarez and everyone else aren't stupid. Go cry to E! or the Real World/MTV motherfuckers who have helped create this ultra self-absorbed world where image matters so much. Take that shit up with society not me.