Thread: FANTASY MMA FIGHTS

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FANTASY MMA FIGHTS

FANTASY MMA FIGHTS

I'm sitting here listening to Joe Rogan and Brendan Schaub jokingly talk about McGregor v. Lesnar but it had me thinking about how that fight could actually happen just not in the UFC-at least not present day UFC. But imagine the situation being relaxed like what we have seen in Japan. Remember that Hulk tournament with like Jose Canseco? Imagine 170lbs. McGregor v. 290lbs. Brock Lesnar in Rizin lol.

So what are some crazy fantasy fights you have thought of or would like to see or would have liked to have seen at some point? It could even be fights that were supposed to go down that fell through. It could even be some weird shit like Vanilla Ice v. MC Hammer. Doesn't even have to be present day, especially that fight lol. I don't know, it's Friday, it's super slow, and I thought this would be a fun thread to kill time.

I'll kick it off with something more realistic and I'm going to roll with:

Frank Shamrock

v.

Chuck Liddell

Imagine Frank never retires, he sticks around, still at the top of his game and fights Chuck Liddell in 2004 for the UFC Lightheavyweight Championship. You have arguably one of the best of the golden era v. one of the kingpins of the silver age of the UFC. The power of Chuck and the submission and heart of Frank Shamrock would have made for a very awesome fight IMO. Does Chuck knock this dude out in violent fashion or does Frank put the Iceman to sleep or snap an ankle?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not an MMA or boxing guy but isn't McGregor vs Mayweather the new thing people are fantasizing about? And teasing that it could really happen. Seems to me the fighter who would win this hypothetical bout would depend on which format they went with - Mayweather would win a boxing fight and McGregor would win an MMA fight. Right?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Undoubtedly. Although there is perhaps a slight chance of each winning in the other discipline. McGregor is larger and more powerful than Mayweather as well as being significantly younger. If he caught him clean in boxing it could well end the night. Whereas Mayweather has a supreme defence, fast hands and great foot and hand movement, with smaller gloves he could easily catch McGregor clean and take him out. The overwhelmingly likely result would be that Conor would either take down and easily pound out Mayweather or work stop him badly with kicks, or that Mayweather would easily outwork and make McGregor look like a rookie over a 12 round decision in a boxing match. Thats assuming that McGregor could go 12 rounds with a supreme boxer like Mayweather, boxing undoubtedly takes huge stamina.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GSP v McGregor

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Conor/Mayweather talk is waaaay less offensive to everyone's intelligence than the ridiculous Rousey/Mayweather talk from just a couple years ago.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another one I was thinking of since we're talking about McGregor:

V.

Peak BJ Penn v. Modern Day McGregor

Who would win this fookin fight?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Rousey, this was actually a fight I would have loved to have seen but Megumi was on her way out as Ronda was on her way to the top.

v.

For those that don't know about Megumi Fujii, she was basically the Japanese Ronda Rousey. She had this crazy undefeated streak, like 20+ fights before losing. Pretty much all of her wins were by submission and she only lost 3 times in a 10 year career, all 3 by deicision. Most people in the West probably only saw her fight in Bellator back in 2010ish. I remember only seeing 2 of her fights there, 1 against Carla Esparza and the other against Zoilla Gurgel, which she IMO should have won but lost via Split Decision.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh BJ vs McGregor is a good one. I think the way Conor fights and controls distance he would be able to keep BJ at range and I think eventually that left hand would find a home. Although he never had a blast double like say Tyron Woodley, BJ always used his striking to set up his BJJ. I just don't think that would be very successful against Conor.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely want them to fight at 155. I would probably put money on BJ because at his peak which I believe was when he was 155 champ, he was so fucking durable and I think he would get the submission win. But I would not be surprised if the fight was a war and McGregor took the decision.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one last one and I'm going with the quasi-fantasy fight:

v.

JCVD v. Don "The Dragon" Wilson

Now, Don Wilson actually challenged Van Damme to a fight. I remember watching this box set of King of the Cage and Wilson was on commentary talking shit about JCVD and how he still wanted to fight him. I just googled this story and found that as recent as 2013 Wilson was still wanting to fight him, this time for charity. Not sure when the initial challenge was made to Van Damme but it never went down. I'm sure they would go under kickboxing rules but an MMA fight between these 2 mugs would have been sick. Especially back in the 90's where it would have been some shit straight out of Bloodsport lol.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

vs.

Obviously Tyson pre jail and CC from the early 2000's. MMA (Pride) rules.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Tyson of the 80's was a beast and the prospect of him punching you with 4 oz gloves is pretty terrifying, how would he deal with the height/weight/reach and much more diverse skill set of CC though? Iron Mike would always have that chance of catching CC but I feel Mirko would stay out of reach brutalizing Mike's legs with low kicks, possibly setting up the LHK KO, or even a takedown followed by the GnP or submission finish. Tyson would have nothing for Crocop on the ground. Randleman and Gonzaga caught CC mostly due to the threat of the takedown, likewise CC had to be very vary of Fedor's clinch, trips and takedowns when they fought, making his stand-up less effective. When he fought guys posing no real takedown threat like Igor, Aleks and Wand in their second fight the results were pretty brutal.

Note. I'm not talking prime Mike Tyson having cross trained in MMA here, just pure boxer Iron Mike straight out of 1988.
    Last edited by OD50; November 24th, 2016 at 6:37 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wouldn't really be fair to pit a pure boxer vs a kickboxer with MMA rules imo.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    In general sure, Tyson's explosiveness and absurd power in 4 oz gloves helps even the playing field to some degree though.

For fantasy shiggle sake anyway.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Hey man it's fantasy warfare we're talking here. Wouldn't be fair putting 115 lbs Megumi Fujii against 225 lbs Ronda Rousey either. It would be like King Kong Bundy squashing the midget at WMIII.

Pride and K-1 used to love to throw in pure wrestlers and boxers to do MMA or kickboxing back in the day though. Off the top of my head I remember Ray Mercer losing to Musashi and Remy Bonjasky, Shannon Briggs had one K-1 fight where he knocked out Tom Ericson, who was a wrestler/MMA fighter, so he was pretty much DOA in kickboxing against a high level boxer. I remember KID Yamamoto and Iron Head Fujita destroying some hapless Olympic wrestlers on the Shockwave/Dynamite shows as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Checked wiki for the specs. KID Yamamoto defeated István Majoros (Hungary) at K-1 Dynamite 2006, an Olympic gold medalist at the 2004 Olympic games. Fujita defeated Eldar Kurtanidze (Georgia), an Olympic bronze medalist in the 1996 and 2000 Olympics at Pride Shockwave 2006. Both wrestlers were TKO'd due to strikes in round 1. Neither ever had an MMA fight again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Were these MMA bouts? Because if so, well we see strikers beat wrestlers all the time to this day.

But if these were under kickboxing rules, why on earth would either of those wrestlers agree to the fights?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    In general sure, Tyson's explosiveness and absurd power in 4 oz gloves helps even the playing field to some degree though.

For fantasy shiggle sake anyway.
    I could see Tyson's legs easily getting kicked out from underneath him and then eventually KO'd with a head kick. I prefer Tyson to Cro Cop so I wouldn't personally want to see that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I could see Tyson's legs easily getting kicked out from underneath him and then eventually KO'd with a head kick. I prefer Tyson to Cro Cop so I wouldn't personally want to see that.
    I could see that happening. I could also see Tyson bob'ing and weaving his way into a hook/straight combo that gets crocop all kinds of off balance and it's on.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Were these MMA bouts? Because if so, well we see strikers beat wrestlers all the time to this day.

But if these were under kickboxing rules, why on earth would either of those wrestlers agree to the fights?
    They were fought with MMA rules, Pride/K-1 HERO's. Fujita and KID were both strong wrestlers themselves, but with extensive cross-training/MMA experience, the other guys were great(er) wrestlers, but zero cross-training or MMA experience.

Tom Ericsson took the fight against Shannon Briggs under K-1 rules, which wasn't the best idea, same with Don Frye fighting Jerome LeBanner under K-1 rules at Shockwave 2002, that was pretty ugly. Frye took that fight because he's a mans man. He had previously fought K-1 fighters under MMA rules (Cyril Abidi and maybe someone else) so he felt he owed K-1 to fight one of their fighters under kickboxing rules. Even though he probably knew he'd get fucked up.
    Last edited by OD50; November 25th, 2016 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw a clip on Instagram of Shannon Briggs talking about that Tom Ericsson fight and how he (Briggs) was about to drop from those leg kicks and then managed to drop Tom for the win. Shit I remember Rampage went and fought some dude in K-1 didn't he and he won!

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He's actually 2-0 vs Cyril Abidi. For someone with a wrestling base his boxing was impeccable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh fuck. Lesnar would be done inside the first minute. Now, the Mark Hunt fight proved a lot of us wrong in the sense we thought as soon as Mark touched him Lesnar would be out lol. But Rumble has wrestling, and he's stopped the wrestling of guys like Cormier and Phil Davis. I honestly could see this fight looking almost exactly like the Cain-Lesnar fight only shorter. Much shorter. Scary shorter lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vitor outgrappled Rumble. Brock could certainly do it but if Rumble touches him first I imagine it would be over.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

v.

*I hate how some pictures I like are super big and the others are super small in comparison*

Taz v. Ken Shamrock. 1996. Who wins the shoot fight? Wish they had wrestled each other back in 1997-1998.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Taz has no combat sports experience if im not mistaken. 96 Shamrock would have murdered his short ass.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vitor outgrappled Rumble. Brock could certainly do it but if Rumble touches him first I imagine it would be over.
    Imagine Vitor trying to fuck with Rumble now.....Rumble back then is almost a totally different dude.

Taz has no combat sports experience if im not mistaken. 96 Shamrock would have murdered his short ass.
    He never fought MMA but he is an accomplished judokan. Probably would have been really boring especially when you think of Royce v. Shamorck 2. 30+ minutes of Royce on his back and Shamrock not being able to do shit. Taz was also an accomplished amateur wrestler in New York so he might have caused some serious problems for Shamrock but I would put money on Shamrock.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; November 28th, 2016 at 4:15 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    He's actually 2-0 vs Cyril Abidi. For someone with a wrestling base his boxing was impeccable.
    Yeah, I remember it very clearly since I was a K-1 fan way before I was a Pride fan. Most figured his quick KO of Abidi was a fluke so they rematched a little later and Rampage won again, but via decision if I remember correctly.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit I didn't even know they had a fight where Rampage knocked him out. I only knew of the decision fight that Rampage won because he was still primarily just a guy powerbombing and slamming dudes, his boxing was alright but nothing to brag about. Apparently it was better than I thought lol.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Cyril Abidi was never an elite K-1 fighter though, he had a brief hot streak in 2000 I believe where he he defeated Peter Aerts and Ray Sefo (he lost to both in rematches), after that he was pretty much a jobber to the stars for the next 7 years. It was a great job by Rampage of course beating a pure kickboxer in K-1 but had they put him against someone like Jerome LeBanner, Ernesto Hoost or Crocop it would have been quite different.

Shit all this talk is making me nostalgic for the old wild, wild west days of MMA. Pride vs. K-1 and stuff.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronda Rousey vs. Jon Jones

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

v.

What's so strange is right as Cain won the belt from Lesnar, Fedor started his decline losing 3 fights in 3 different ways (Submission, TKO, and KO). It was almost like Fedor passed the torch to Cain who minus a quick KO against JDS was turning into the modern day Fedor. I feel that even though Werdum's name belongs in the running, these are the top 2 HW's of all time. If things worked out for the best, Fedor comes over to the UFC after Affliction, beats Lesnar for the belt, then faces Cain V in 2010.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Brock vs Fedor actually was a dream match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock vs Fedor actually was a dream match.
    Yep.

I remember Dana White said that after the new Dallas stadium opened his plan was to have Fedor v. Lesnar and put it on Spike for free because the ratings would have been insane.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lesnar would have taken Fedor down and made him his bitch in side control all day long or whatever all night long.

Fedor couldn't stop the elite takedowns of Giant Silva and everyone always ragdolls Fedor around the ring.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Or Fedor would've touched Brock's chin and had him do the funky chicken.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Lesnar would have taken Fedor down and made him his bitch in side control all day long or whatever all night long.

Fedor couldn't stop the elite takedowns of Giant Silva and everyone always ragdolls Fedor around the ring.
    Maybe.

Lesnar was big but he was sloppy and Fedor wasn't Frank Mir. At that time, I would have went with Fedor no doubt. He might have been taken down but he would have found his way back up and knocked out Lesnar or a TKO at the least. But that doesn't mean a part of me wouldn't be shocked if Fedor was taken down and couldn't get back up because I don't think Fedor ever fought a gorilla.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

v.

Gina v. Ronda. This was a fight that actually had some realistic chances of coming together as the UFC were willing to give Gina a title shot against Ronda after being inactive for almost 5 years at a weight class she never fought at. One has to think though that if she beat Cyborg for the Strikeforce 145 belt and stuck around, her and Rousey would have met at 145 under the Strikeforce banner. We all know R3 said no thanks to fighting Cyborg in Strikeforce which is why she dropped down to 135 to fight Tate instead. But who would win this fight? Was Gina overrated due to her looks or would she have been able to dispose of Ronda when Ronda was still pretty green? Or do we put peak form Ronda against peak form Gina? Hard to say a non-peak form Gina as she hasn't fought since meeting the same fate that 90% of fighters meet when they face Cyborg...death.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Butterbean

v.

Kimbo Slice

Part of me thinks they probably were going to fight at some point in their lives, whether it was in the parking lot of a Wal Mart or for Strikeforce, maybe Pride, idk. I would have loved to have seen these 2 fight in MMA.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Easy KO for 'bean. MMA, boxing, K-1, streetfight, whatever.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the first Pride ppv I ever ordered and that was when they first came to the US. It was supposed to be Butterbean v. Mark Hunt but Hunt supposedly had Visa issues so they had Sean O'Hare of WCW/WWE fame come in and was just slaughtered in seconds. I literally had no idea until just reading up on this fight that what had really happened was they deemed Hunt's wins over Silva and Mirko gave him a serious advantage on the ground making it an "unfair" fight according to NSAC.....A win over Mirko=ground specialist?

I really liked that event though. Definitely had a different vibe that previous Pride events for obvious reasons but still had a quite a few major players like Fedor, Shogun, Mark Coleman, Josh Barnett. 22 second flying knee from Robbie Lawler still seems like yesterday not 10 years ago.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt Hughes

v.

Kazushi Sakuraba

How does this fight go with both men in their prime around the same time? That 2002-2005 stretch, I would have loved to have seen them go at it in the early 00's. I know Dana White said he would have loved to have Sakuraba in the UFC. I know Sakuraba had actually won a UFC tournament pre-Zuffa but I know what he meant. The fact the guy still does MMA and pro wrestling is unbelievable. Hughes, obviously a killer during this period, would even go on to make it look EASY finishing Royce Gracie, a man who went like 60 minutes with Sak back at an early Pride show. Fight sucked so bad I'm glad I've only seen it broken up into like a 5 minute fight lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brock Lesnar

v.

Punk Minowa

Why WOULDN'T this fight happen is the real question? Punk has fought a list of freak shows in MMA. He fought Butterbean, hit the dude with a fucking drop kick for fuck's sake. He fought that 7'2" guy, he won the Hulk tournament defeating Bob Sapp along the way. Could he have taken Lesnar? Probably not but still it would've been fun to watch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Didn't he also fight (and lose to) the big Kamala-looking guy from UFC 1 that got soccer kicked in the face? Pretty sure Brock would swat him like a fly. Sapp should have been able to but he honestly wasn't very good in Pride. Either way big balls on that guy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't he also fight (and lose to) the big Kamala-looking guy from UFC 1 that got soccer kicked in the face? Pretty sure Brock would swat him like a fly. Sapp should have been able to but he honestly wasn't very good in Pride. Either way big balls on that guy.
    Naw that dude only fought that 1 time in MMA. A little unknown fact, the guy is currently on the show Hawaii 5-0.

You're thinking of his brother from another mother, Zuluzhino, who Punk actually beat prior but then yeah Punk was almost killed in the rematch. Seriously you look at Punk's record and it's a who's who of killers and/or gigantic men. That dude was so bad motherfuckin Butterbean submitted him. What. The. Fuck!!?!?!?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King Mo

v.

Shogun Rua

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chuck Liddell

v.

Wanderlai Silva

YES, they have fought. YES, it was a great fight. But imagine had they met in the finals of the Pride MW GP. Imagine if they had fought at UFC in November 2006 as originally expected. Fuck man I remember that face off when Wandy was still in Pride, it was intense. So let's say they fought in Pride...Who wins? Who would win in the UFC in 2006?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    In a perfect world Chuck/Wand would have happened in 2003. 2007 was way too late for me to even care, Chuck was coming off that KO to Rampage and a loss to Keith Jardine of all people, Wand was nearly killed by CC and Hendo just before as well.

MMAmath is never a good thing but under Pride rules prime Wand destroyed Rampage twice, who in turn put a beating on Chuck both in Pride and the UFC. With "prime Wand" I mean both younger and roided out of his mind. His style was always much better suited for the ring and Pride rules over the cage and the unified rules.

In 2003 in a ring under Pride rules I have Wanderlei beating Chuck.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

Matt Hughes

v.

Kazushi Sakuraba
    Possibly a decision win for Hughes in the UFC and a submission win for Saku in Pride. Cage and elbows would have worked wonders for Hughes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt Angle

v.

Mark Coleman

Let's take this fight to the late 90's. Kurt Angle opts to go to the UFC instead of the WWF. Does Kurt Angle transition to MMA, especially during this time where it's still more one dimensional guys than what we see today? I think he would have done extremely well and would have evolved beyond just being a wrestler. I think he would have had good submissions, ground and pound, maybe not the greatest hands but enough to get by. How does he do against Mark Coleman? Does Coleman just destroy this guy or is Angle skilled enough learning other aspects of the game and win/survive?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Think it's impossible to say how anyone would do under live fire until you've seen something of it. Doesn't hurt Angle's case though that he's kind of a mental patient, but it's still just a question mark more than not.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it's impossible to say how anyone would do under live fire until you've seen something of it. Doesn't hurt Angle's case though that he's kind of a mental patient, but it's still just a question mark more than not.
    That's why I made sure the first word was Fantasy and that it was in all caps. I mean you have to take a step out of reality for a few of these fights and just kind of fantasize about best case scenario. Or even just answering a question of "how would someone have done?" Yeah, it's hard to really give a scientific answer as to how someone who's never been in an MMA fight would do in MMA, but you can guess a guy with his drive more than likely would have transitioned fairly well especially back in the late 90's when the sport was just starting to evolve from having 1 style to maybe 2 styles you're good at.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    That's why I made sure the first word was Fantasy and that it was in all caps. I mean you have to take a step out of reality for a few of these fights and just kind of fantasize about best case scenario. Or even just answering a question of "how would someone have done?" Yeah, it's hard to really give a scientific answer as to how someone who's never been in an MMA fight would do in MMA, but you can guess a guy with his drive more than likely would have transitioned fairly well especially back in the late 90's when the sport was just starting to evolve from having 1 style to maybe 2 styles you're good at.
    I'm glad for you that you feel confidant at all guessing around about how someone who's never done it would do.

And thank you for explaining to me the thread title. Glad also that I earned that somehow.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad for you that you feel confidant at all guessing around about how someone who's never done it would do.

And thank you for explaining to me the thread title. Glad also that I earned that somehow.
    I can imagine you as a kid sitting around with your friends and they're like "I wonder what would happen if He-Man fought Superman" and you're there with your Debbie Downer gimmick going "They're not even real who cares it's pointless to think about things like that...." lol. Seriously.....I'm glad that you're glad that I'm glad to point out how depressing you can make a thread topic.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I can imagine you as a kid sitting around with your friends and they're like "I wonder what would happen if He-Man fought Superman" and you're there with your Debbie Downer gimmick going "They're not even real who cares it's pointless to think about things like that...." lol. Seriously.....I'm glad that you're glad that I'm glad to point out how depressing you can make a thread topic.
    You aware not everyone in this subforum is Hammer, right?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You aware not everyone in this subforum is Hammer, right?
    I do. I also know that it's weird to come in to a thread where we are literally fantasy booking and there's a lot what if this happened at this time or if this person was doing this....You have such match ups as Mike Tyson v. Cro Cop. Brock Lesnar v. Punk Minuwa. Ken Shamrock v. Taz. And here you are, doing your thing which is "Well, it didn't happen so why talk about it?" That's the whole point of the thread lol. It's not really meant to be taken seriously, just read the opening post............

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    All I said was Angle is too hard to nail, as opposed to all the hypotheticals involving actual fighters, and especially against a proven all-time fighter.

Didn't know you take such personal insult over it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I didn't have an issue, still don't really, until your 2nd post where you were being a complete wise ass which was to be expected but it is what it is man. Originally I was just pointing out, it's fantasy, you don't have to think too much about it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

v.

Prime Hughes v. Modern Day Lawler....Who takes it and why?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

v.

Jon Jones v. Chuck Liddell

Imagine this fight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

v.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wanted to see Anderson Silva vs. Rampage back in like 2010

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would have been a sick fight! Could have been on deck. Look at the timeline. Forrest beats Rampage, then loses the belt to Rashad, then fights Anderson. Imagine Rampage beating Forrest, beating Rashad, super fight with Anderson. 185 was never ultra deep, they kind of had to dig for contenders which is why you were getting #9 ranked Chris Weidman getting a title shot. But I feel they could have really built toward a super fight between Anderson and the LHW champ but I think those plans went out the window when Machida and Shogun won the belt. Then you had Jon Jones and I don't give a fuck how great you are, you know Anderson saw the way Jones was killing people from Silva's generation and he was like nope, I'm going to take a dive and lose this belt asap. lol.