User Tag List

Thread: Pages closing on here in Chrome

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pages closing on here in Chrome

Ok its pissing me off now. When I go to reply to a post, usually with a bit of speedy typing, Chrome seems to freeze up and close down.

It only happens on this site and with Chrome.

Anyone else suffer from this? If so what do I do to fix it?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chrome is ghetto.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    On a somewhat related note, Had some malware infect my laptop a few weeks ago (http blocker or something), I do a system restore but it keeps coming back. So basically is there a decent, ideally free malware removal tool anyone can recommend? Cheers.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    On a somewhat related note, Had some malware infect my laptop a few weeks ago (http blocker or something), I do a system restore but it keeps coming back. So basically is there a decent, ideally free malware removal tool anyone can recommend? Cheers.
    Malwarebytes is always the best choice. Just run it in safe mode.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Ok cool, I'll get on it tomorrow.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't access the site at all through chrome now. Also, when I try in through safari is crashes too. Keeps redirecting me to a facebook page or something. Works on IE and on mobile, just nothing else.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although this seems to only be when I'm logged into FB in the same browser, as I just signed out and now it works.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Malwarebytes is always the best choice. Just run it in safe mode.
    Ok, just going to elaborate here. I ran the suggested program and removed all threats it picked up but still having the problem. I run firefox but tried running chrome and it's still doing the same thing. Essentially sites like this, amazon, fb, twitter etc run good, but say I go on IGN or boomerang rentals (which usually run pop ups) go nuts and keeps spamming trying to open a pop up (so the browser will say firefox prevented 98 or whatever pop ups from opening).
    This freezes the page and renders it useless, then when you leave the page pop ups open such as the brit method (scam for making loads of money), and fake security notices etc. I really don't know what to do, can;t really afford taking it to the pc repair shop for a full system reinstall.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Ok, just going to elaborate here. I ran the suggested program and removed all threats it picked up but still having the problem. I run firefox but tried running chrome and it's still doing the same thing. Essentially sites like this, amazon, fb, twitter etc run good, but say I go on IGN or boomerang rentals (which usually run pop ups) go nuts and keeps spamming trying to open a pop up (so the browser will say firefox prevented 98 or whatever pop ups from opening).
    This freezes the page and renders it useless, then when you leave the page pop ups open such as the brit method (scam for making loads of money), and fake security notices etc. I really don't know what to do, can;t really afford taking it to the pc repair shop for a full system reinstall.
    Ok, Have you tried looking in your add/remove programs list in control panel? Sometimes they download browser hijackers etc like snapdoo etc. Just see what was installed ately and remove anything you dont recognize.

I really wouldnt take it to a PC repair shop. They are the biggest scams of all. They just totally wipe your PC and expect you to pay for the privilege.