User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 801 to 846 of 846

Thread: Nintendo Switch

  1. #801
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,250
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    We're going to have to arrange some online SNES action at some point.

    I just messed around with it a little and it might just be me but Stunt Trax FX is running so much smoothly then I remember it running on my old SNES. And I played the fuck out of that game.
    I popped that on for a few minutes myself. It's been so damn long since I played it, but I kind of got the same vibe. I also spent some time with SMW, Super Metroid, Puyo Puyo, Demon's Crest and probably something else I'm forgetting.

    I'd be completely down to get some old school Mario Kart going. Or anything else for that matter.

  2. #802
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    I need your freind code thing Psycho. I don't know if I have you in there or not.

  3. #803
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,250
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    Psycho666Soldier
    SW-0933-6669-1297

    I'll pop up as Dead.

  4. #804
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    No more monthly additions to the NES/SNES library according to Nintendo.

    Now they'll just update them whenever they feel like it.

  5. #805
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,250
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    Oof. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

    On one hand, that could mean whenever they update it, we get more games per chunk. On the other, that could mean we'll get like 3 games every 6 months.

  6. #806
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Oof. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

    On one hand, that could mean whenever they update it, we get more games per chunk. On the other, that could mean we'll get like 3 games every 6 months.
    I'm betting we see plenty of titles up until Christmas to beef up the line up as a selling point. Then we get nothing for months after that.

  7. #807
    Ironclad Contract RuneEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15,941
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    179400
    Can't say Im surprised with this. Cuz I'd have imagined there would be some hurdles to cross before you could include more games in the future.
    Secret of Mana 1 and 2 are already sold separately on the Switch via the Mana collection. Then you have the Megaman X collection, Street Fighter collection, Contra collection, Castlevania collection. All of which have SNES games within them that they would be reluctant to give away for free with this service. Funnily enough, there's at least one game from each of the 5 mentioned collections, on the SNES mini already.

    So maybe this is just a thing where they need to work out licences or maybe allow the collections to sell for a longer period before they start cannibalising their own sales.

  8. #808
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    Can't say Im surprised with this. Cuz I'd have imagined there would be some hurdles to cross before you could include more games in the future.
    Secret of Mana 1 and 2 are already sold separately on the Switch via the Mana collection. Then you have the Megaman X collection, Street Fighter collection, Contra collection, Castlevania collection. All of which have SNES games within them that they would be reluctant to give away for free with this service. Funnily enough, there's at least one game from each of the 5 mentioned collections, on the SNES mini already.

    So maybe this is just a thing where they need to work out licences or maybe allow the collections to sell for a longer period before they start cannibalising their own sales.
    Well hopefully theyre looking at this as a way to sell their, let's all admit it, shitty shitty online service. I'm thinking they just want more control over when precisely they release new content for the online classic consoles. Thereby giving them the flexibility to release more games for the service during periods they see getting the most out of it.

    In other words, times like now, the pre Christmas hype period when console manufacturers want to encourage people as best they can to plunk down 300 bucks for their system.

    Or maybe during a summertime dry spell in order to distract away from not having any must have games out at the time.

    A problem that plagues Nintendo all the time.

  9. #809
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    yea if you join a public race, your friend can follow you into the same room

    whoever joins first dictates which level of opponents we get though so you should probably lead and I'll follow. my ranking is in the high 2000s I think, I'm guessing yours is lower (although possibly not)
    Let me know if you want to try out some multi player SNES sometime soon. Mario Kart or some such. I wanna see how it works out. I'm on now.

  10. #810
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Let me know if you want to try out some multi player SNES sometime soon. Mario Kart or some such. I wanna see how it works out. I'm on now.
    I will play you in Mario Kart now ... but I have no idea how it works

  11. #811
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    @Fro @Rancid_Planet Mario Kart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I will play you in Mario Kart now ... but I have no idea how it works
    Me eother. Let's learn.

  12. #812
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Me eother. Let's learn.
    are you in this race with me? if so which player are you??

  13. #813
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    are you in this race with me? if so which player are you??
    I am not. But I'm watching you.

    I'm also watching this video on how to do this shit. I think we have to start a 2 player game from the get go? Still watching.

  14. #814
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I am not. But I'm watching you.

    I'm also watching this video on how to do this shit. I think we have to start a 2 player game from the get go? Still watching.
    my bad man, I must have hit 1P game

  15. #815
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    OK this actually kinda fun.

    I'm having to relearn how to play the game though.

  16. #816
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    I never played this game more than a few times. SNES was the one Nintendo console I skipped, in favor of Genesis

  17. #817
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    OK I gotta eat supper.

    But that was fun.

    We kind of suck though.

  18. #818
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    I am awful. lol good game

  19. #819
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I never played this game more than a few times. SNES was the one Nintendo console I skipped, in favor of Genesis
    Dude I used to play this game every day.

  20. #820
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Dude I used to play this game every day.
    give me pointers as you get re-acquainted. are you releasing the accelerator often? should I hop/drift on turns?

    found some beginner tips for myself here...

    SMK works quite differently than the rest of the series when it comes to drifting. For most longer turns it's much better to hop hop hop hop instead because as I think you've noticed you will spin out if you drift for too long. Hopping resets the drift so you wont spin out as fast.
    Counter-steering when coming out of a drift is also an important technique which lets you align your kart much faster after taking a tight curve. Just turn in the opposite direction of the curve for a split second before letting go of the drift/hop button. It can take a while to get it right but it's a very neat trick.
    I also highly recommend using Koopa Troopa or Toad as they have the best handling in the game and handling > all in Grand Prix.
    I tried to find a good video on youtube demonstrating this but couldn't find any. If you still need help I could record one tomorrow or something.
    As for the moles; you can shake them off by hopping.

  21. #821
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    give me pointers as you get re-acquainted. are you releasing the accelerator often? should I hop/drift on turns?

    found some beginner tips for myself here...
    Yeah that drifting thing is hard. Hopping with the shoulder button will let you turn sharply. But if you hold it for long at all you just spin out. Basically stick to Yoshi and Princess until you get better. They have the best acceleration so if you get hit a lot or spin out a bunch it won't matter as much.

    The fat guys, Bowser and DK Jr, are for pros. High speed but shit acceleration.

  22. #822
    WWF Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    25,065
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    268118
    How does multilayer work then?

  23. #823
    Ironclad Contract RuneEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15,941
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    179400
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Well hopefully theyre looking at this as a way to sell their, let's all admit it, shitty shitty online service. I'm thinking they just want more control over when precisely they release new content for the online classic consoles. Thereby giving them the flexibility to release more games for the service during periods they see getting the most out of it.

    In other words, times like now, the pre Christmas hype period when console manufacturers want to encourage people as best they can to plunk down 300 bucks for their system.

    Or maybe during a summertime dry spell in order to distract away from not having any must have games out at the time.

    A problem that plagues Nintendo all the time.
    Well yeah, of course its about controlling when they release games. I'm just giving a reason as for why they'd want to control it. Besides the more obscure SNES games, the most wanted ones are already for sale on their platform, so they're not gonna give them up for free so soon. Not having to release new games every month or so would buy them more time and also allow them to maybe come to an agreement with the licence holder of some of their SNES titles from the past.

    As for their "shitty online service", I can't really complain when you can get it for less than 1/3 of what the retail price for PSN and XBL currently is.

  24. #824
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Oh the price is great.

    Also you get what you pay for.

  25. #825
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    How does multilayer work then?
    Well basically when you’re in the SNES app you choose online play and then your friend can join you and then you can play 2-player split screen the same way you would have played split screen on a real SNES. So my guy was on the top and I could see RP racing on the bottom half of my screen.

    I’m not sure that 3 of us could play together. My assumption is not... it’s just 2 player. But someone correct me if I’m wrong.

  26. #826
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Well basically when you’re in the SNES app you choose online play and then your friend can join you and then you can play 2-player split screen the same way you would have played split screen on a real SNES. So my guy was on the top and I could see RP racing on the bottom half of my screen.

    I’m not sure that 3 of us could play together. My assumption is not... it’s just 2 player. But someone correct me if I’m wrong.
    Just two on that game. I don't think games were really set up with more than two players in mind until the N64 came along.

    Anyway I thought it worked great. No lag or funny business on my end anyway. It was just like playing a normal two player game of Mario Kart.

    Fucking sweet really.

  27. #827
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,250
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    SNES did have a multitap, but not a lot of games were released here that could use it other than sports games

    Of ones I recognize, it looks like Secret of Mana, Saturday Night Slam Masters, the Super Bomberman series, WWF Raw, Vegas Stakes, and Tiny Toon Wacky Sports Challenge were the only ones compatible. Probably nothing big or popular enough to warrant more than 2-playet capability.

  28. #828
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Oh I so loved the 16 bit WWF games.

  29. #829
    Ironclad Contract RuneEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15,941
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    179400
    Yeah, same. At least the LJN games. I couldn't really get the hang of the WrestleMania Arcade game.

  30. #830
    RIP Vader Brock Kasady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19360
    I was going to suggest Turtles in Time, but realized the SNES version is only 2 player. Brilliant fun.

  31. #831
    WWF Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    25,065
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    268118
    What are the chances of the GameCube and Wii Mario and Zelda games coming out on the Switch?

  32. #832
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,250
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    They came out with a Windwaker and Twilight Princess remaster on the Wii U. I imagine with enough time, those will come to the Switch. I also think there's a good chance we'll see at least one of the Super Mario Galaxy's make their way over. I'm skeptical about Mario Sunshine, but I get the general feeling Nintendo is trying to make the Switch a one-stop shop for all of their content, new and old.

  33. #833
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Kasady View Post
    I was going to suggest Turtles in Time, but realized the SNES version is only 2 player. Brilliant fun.
    I'm gonna bury my shell at your wounded knee.

  34. #834
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,250
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    Regardless of the multitap discussion, Turtles in Time is a must for the SNES online. I don't care what licensing issues they have to battle through. That game is a SNES classic. I've spent so many damn hours on that game.

  35. #835
    RIP Vader Brock Kasady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19360
    Well, Arcade 1UP recently got the Turtles in Time license for their new cabinets so the SNES game license wouldn't be crazy.

    And the NES Turtles game was on the Wii VC at one point.

  36. #836
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    They came out with a Windwaker and Twilight Princess remaster on the Wii U. I imagine with enough time, those will come to the Switch. I also think there's a good chance we'll see at least one of the Super Mario Galaxy's make their way over. I'm skeptical about Mario Sunshine, but I get the general feeling Nintendo is trying to make the Switch a one-stop shop for all of their content, new and old.
    OK I added you to my friend list.

    It looks like they've finally added a way to invite each other to play when we see each other online. I have no idea how well it works but the function seems to have been a part of the latest hardware update.

  37. #837
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    OK I added you to my friend list.

    It looks like they've finally added a way to invite each other to play when we see each other online. I have no idea how well it works but the function seems to have been a part of the latest hardware update.
    whoa, I hadn't heard about this. that's good news, but yea we'll have to see how well it works.

  38. #838
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    kart? I'm around for 3 hours ish
    @wardy @Rancid_Planet

  39. #839
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    kart? I'm around for 3 hours ish
    @wardy @Rancid_Planet
    Just got in. Ill proably be available nearly all afternoon tom tho.

  40. #840
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    kart? I'm around for 3 hours ish
    @wardy @Rancid_Planet
    Ill be Mario karting for a while if you wanna jump in.

  41. #841
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Ill be Mario karting for a while if you wanna jump in.
    I'm in for a few races

  42. #842
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I'm in for a few races
    Fun times.

    We seem to be on similar skill levels.

  43. #843
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Fun times.

    We seem to be on similar skill levels.
    Indeed we are.

    I was surprised with how many mirror courses came up in that session. It's funny, when I play with guys in the 2K ranking range, I find 100CC comes up too often. When we were playing in the 4K range, I thought mirror came up too often. I would like for it to always be 150CC standard if we're not going to let the users have any say in the matter.

  44. #844
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Indeed we are.

    I was surprised with how many mirror courses came up in that session. It's funny, when I play with guys in the 2K ranking range, I find 100CC comes up too often. When we were playing in the 4K range, I thought mirror came up too often. I would like for it to always be 150CC standard if we're not going to let the users have any say in the matter.
    I fucking hate the 200cc tracks. Too damn fast and I'm having to brake on every corner. It sucks.

  45. #845
    Legend Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    26,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I fucking hate the 200cc tracks. Too damn fast and I'm having to brake on every corner. It sucks.
    200 doesnt come up in online play, though.... does it? at the higher levels? I would hope not. 200cc is very different. I dont even like that theyre putting mirror mode online in public rooms

  46. #846
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    He is Ole. I am Arn.
    Posts
    23,464
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    387365
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    200 doesnt come up in online play, though.... does it? at the higher levels? I would hope not. 200cc is very different. I dont even like that theyre putting mirror mode online in public rooms
    Yeah I think it comes up if the average VR points of the racers in a room is at a certain level. I'm not sure what actually clicks it on but the simple fact that you can't just choose your difficulty level/engine size from the get go is dumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •