Thread: Nintendo Switch

a e s t h e t i c
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I bought Fire Emblem: Warriors without knowing it wasn't a straight ahead Fire Emblem game. I was a little bummed about that at first but the game is actually a bit fun. Too hack and slash for me though.
    I just saw a copy of this for 3ds on sale for $12. Contemplating buying it. Whatcha think. Worth $12?

For your sake I hope Heaven and Hell -- Are really there. But I wouldn't hold my breath. -- You wasted life. Why wouldn't you waste death?
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shit yeah. Buy that thing.

The more I get into it the more I enjoy it. It slowly adds character types so the complexity of strategy is just now coming in. And the whole SAL weapons triangle thing is still a big part of it.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; January 10th, 2019 at 4:11 AM.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got super mario u deluxe today. For someone who never owned a wii-u i hope more games get ported over

Loved tropical freeze and smud..

Hyrule warriors im iffy on atm

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I dont know. Fire Emblem is a grid battle, turn based strategy game. The grid is really 90 percent of what makes it FE to me.
    I'd say the best way to describe it is that it's a mash up of Advance Wars and JRPGs. But I'd imagine most people here havent played Advance Wars.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advance Wars was great, I was actually playing it recently before I sold my GBA with all my games.

I like turn based strategy. I've got Mario Rabbids purchased and in waiting, to be played sometime this year after I finish Odyssey and get proper time with Smash and MK8D. Maybe I should try Fire Emblem at some point. Hopefully they put out a demo. I'm not that into RPGs though.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found out a friend-couple of mine got me Odyssey and Octopath Traveler for the Switch, just waiting for them to come in.

I plan to get Dead Cells and Hollow Knight as soon as possible, but...I'll be set on the Switch for a minute.

For your sake I hope Heaven and Hell -- Are really there. But I wouldn't hold my breath. -- You wasted life. Why wouldn't you waste death?
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking very likely that Switch Online is going to start making SNES games available.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’ll happen eventually but isn’t the SNES mini still pretty young? They should and will likely milk that longer before making SNES available on Switch. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see SNES coming to NSO until 2020.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I think it’ll happen eventually but isn’t the SNES mini still pretty young? They should and will likely milk that longer before making SNES available on Switch. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see SNES coming to NSO until 2020.
    they're stopping production on that and the NES classic. they said once the holiday stock runs out they won't be restocked.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the timing of that makes sense then. Surely they wouldn’t kill production this early without any plans for something else in place.
    The list of games that were datamined had some games missing from the SNES classic, but people reckon that’s probably due to licensing.
    When you think about it, the growing NES and SNES library in a Netflix style service for under £20 a year could be a killer app for the console. Let alone the actual online multiplayer subscription you get for your money.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    I guess the timing of that makes sense then. Surely they wouldn’t kill production this early without any plans for something else in place.
    The list of games that were datamined had some games missing from the SNES classic, but people reckon that’s probably due to licensing.
    When you think about it, the growing NES and SNES library in a Netflix style service for under £20 a year could be a killer app for the console. Let alone the actual online multiplayer subscription you get for your money.
    I don't get why licensing would be an issue for a game if it was available on the mini. I'd bet they just don't want to blow their wad on the first upload.

To be poetic about it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno how their licensing agreement works. Maybe it’s only for the sale of certain games via the Classic. Naturally if you then make a separate service selling those games as well, a new licensing agreement would need to be made.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh totally. I would just assume (not knowing a damn thing about licensing issues) that something could easily be worked out.

And also staggering out some releases of major titles would keep people excited about it for months to come.

Like "omg is this the month we finally get Donkey Kong Country?!".

Legend
    RFF Championship Winner. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished the final level on Odyssey. Bloody hell that was tough.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up on it. That fucker pissed me off.