Winners:

Runners-up:

Dark horses:

Biggest flops:

How will your team do?

Top goalscorer:

Player of the Tournament:

Young Player of the Tournament:

Breakthrough artist (aka the Player Who Suddenly Becomes Recognised As Very Good award):

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winner: France

Runners up: Germany

Dark Horses: Croatia

Biggest flops: Italy

How will your team do: last 8

Top Goalscorer: Thomas Muller

Player of the tournament: Paul Pogba

Young player of the tornament: Renato Sanches

Breakthrough artist: Chris Smalling

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winners: France

Runners-up: Spain

Dark horses: Austria

Biggest flops: Belgium

How will your team do? I dont have one but if its England last 16.

Top goalscorer: Aritz Aduriz

Player of the Tournament: Antoine Griezmann

Young Player of the Tournament: Breel Embolo

Breakthrough artist (aka the Player Who Suddenly Becomes Recognised As Very Good award): Balasz Dzsudsak

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Runners-up: Spain

Dark horses: Poland

Biggest flops: Italy

How will your team do? Semi-Finals

Top goalscorer: Thomas Muller

Player of the Tournament: Dimitri Payet

Young Player of the Tournament: Anthony Martial

Breakthrough artist (aka the Player Who Suddenly Becomes Recognised As Very Good award): Arkadiusz Milik

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Not bold prediction - England will be brilliant in the groups, building up hope for a tournament win to only get knocked out in the next round.

Bold prediction - N. Ireland will get further than wales and ROI.

Simon
    Winners: Can't see past Germany. I think whoever wins the likely semi-final between them and France will go on to win it, and while both teams have weaknesses in their side I think France's are in more important positions - I don't rate the centre backs, and I'm not convinced Giroud will score the goals needed to get them all the way (lump on him to finish top scorer now I've said that)

Runners-up: I have a feeling Belgium are going to go a long way. Even though they should be capable of winning the thing with the first eleven they've got, I actually have them down to get to the final without playing anyone of real quality - I did a predictor and had them getting to the final without playing any of the favourites. People have been touting them for a few years now and they haven't quite done as well as people expected, but on their day they are a match for anyone.

Dark horses: Probably a lot of people's choice - Poland. Nothing particularly interesting to say here, they just seem to have good players through the spine - Lewandowski is obviously a beast and seems to have developed an excellent partnership with Milik, while Krychowiak is a superb midfielder (apparently in line to replace Mascherano as Barcelona's defensive mid playing at centre back) and Kamil Glik gets rave reviews every time I see him mentioned. They've got two pretty ropey goalkeepers though and the rest of the defence don't seem to be up to much, so I wouldn't see them getting beyond the semis at best.

Biggest flops: I hesitate to say it but Spain's squad just doesn't have the same allure that it used to have. I don't see any of the top side making a complete bollocks of it to be honest, but if anyone is going to I suspect it might be Spain. They're going to need Morata to come up trumps and one of Koke and Thiago to show they can become the lynchpin of the side.

How will your team do? Same as usual for England - cruise through the group as winners, probably brush past one of the third placed sides in the last sixteen, then I have them down to go out to Belgium in the quarters. As so often before, I don't imagine we'll be well short, but there's nothing that makes me think the current side is more likely to break the run of going out as soon as we play someone good. My main hope is that we at least do so with a bit of style for once. Sadly I don't see Ireland getting out of the group - Belgium and Italy should qualify easily, and I don't see us (US) being good enough to finish above Sweden either.

Top goalscorer: I know he's the easy pick but it's tough to see beyond Thomas Muller. Big game player, great record and he's playing for one of the favourites. I fancy Kane to get a few as well, while Griezmann is more likely to fire France to the latter stages than Giroud IMO.

Player of the Tournament: He hardly has anything to prove, but I think this tournament is the point where Paul Pogba elevates himself to the highest level as one of the game's true superstars. I'm so excited to see how he does.

Young Player of the Tournament: I'm a big fan of Kingsley Coman. He looks a potentially superb player, he's been brilliant when I've seen him for Bayern. The only issue is whether or not he gets on regularly, with so much competition for the attacking midfield slots in the French side. The very little I've seen of Renato Sanches has marked him out as someone who is clearly destined for the very top too - he has a bit of Rooney about him in the sheer power he has for such a young guy.

Breakthrough artist (aka the Player Who Suddenly Becomes Recognised As Very Good award): I'm very excited to see how Lucas Vazquez does for Spain, assuming he's given the chance - every time I've seen him for Madrid he's looked brilliant. He reminds me of a young Pedro, although he's already 24 and seems to have come out of nowhere. Elsewhere Grzegorz Krychowiak is highly rated of course, but I think he'll show himself to be one of the best DMs around this tournament and might well get a big move off the back of it, whether to Barca or somewhere else. Other players who I can see enhancing their reputation - Andre Gomes of Portugal, Hector Bellerin and, from what I saw of them in the Turkey/England friendly and read about them since, I'm really excited to see how Hakan Calhanoglu, Volkan Sen and Cenk Tosun do for Turkey.
    Last edited by Simon; June 9th, 2016 at 8:35 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Poland are massively overrated imo.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Winners: Germany

Runners-up: Portugal

Dark horses: Northern Ireland

Biggest flops: England

How will your team do? N/A

Top goalscorer: Cristiano Ronaldo

Player of the Tournament: Kevin De Bruyne

Young Player of the Tournament: Ante Coric (Croatia)

Breakthrough artist (aka the Player Who Suddenly Becomes Recognised As Very Good award): Danny Ward (Wales)

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Dingle View Post
    How will your team do? N/A
    Tee hee hee

Andy
    Winners: Spain

Runners-up: France

Dark horses: Switzerland, Portugal

Biggest flops: Belgium, England

How will your team do? Everyone seems to have England down as likely to do really well. I think they'll sneak through the group then get knocked out straight away.

Top goalscorer: Giroud or Ronaldo

Player of the Tournament: Iniesta

Young Player of the Tournament: Kingsley Coman, Hector Bellerin

Breakthrough artist (aka the Player Who Suddenly Becomes Recognised As Very Good award): Yannick Carrasco

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Everyone seems to have England down as likely to do really well.
    Really? Gary J is just about the first person I've seen anywhere that thinks we'll go beyond the quarters. Pretty much everyone reckons we'll go last sixteen or quarters as far as I can tell.

Andy
    I think quarters or beyond is very good for England. I just can't see it going well - it looks like at a minimum two of Rooney, Vardy and Alli are going to be playing out of position, the defence looks ropey and the performance against Portugal was so devoid of creativity or endeavor it was embarrassing. Hope I'm wrong.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Runners-up: meh

Dark horses: Switzerland and us obv

Biggest flops: hopefully fucking Wales. Wankers.

How will your team do? expecting nothing but hoping we get out of the group. Depends how we react to the whole setting but we've had such a good 18 months or so (longest unbeaten run of all teams in the competition)

Beat Poland. Beat Ukraine. Lose to Germany.

Kyle lafferty to win a contract playing for Monaco so he can shag all round him

Top goalscorer: Muller

Player of the Tournament: Griezman

Young Player of the Tournament: Dele Alli

Breakthrough artist (aka the Player Who Suddenly Becomes Recognised As Very Good award): Stevie Davis

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sneak through the group Andy? England should murder that fucking group

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does Andy make me so angry? He probably likes ellie Goulding

Simon
    I think quarters or beyond is very good for England. I just can't see it going well - it looks like at a minimum two of Rooney, Vardy and Alli are going to be playing out of position, the defence looks ropey and the performance against Portugal was so devoid of creativity or endeavor it was embarrassing. Hope I'm wrong.
    I don't think we're particularly good but not getting out of the group is just not going to happen given you'd probably qualify with one win and two defeats, and anything above third would likely give us a winnable round in the last sixteen.

I think you're completely wrong about the Portugal game on two counts - firstly, we were playing against an incredibly well organised, experienced team who played with all men behind the ball once Alves went off; any team would have struggled to get a goal against them, let alone looked good doing it. And secondly, we won the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winners - Austria. (I'm going on the "every twelve years there's a shock winner" method, even though it's crap - but yeah, Austria have a good side, even if every bloody hipster is calling them dark horses now...)

Runners up - All the obvious names have been picked, so I'll say Portugal. They'll be in the Semis anyhow.

Dark horses - Albania, Poland (and Austria of course).

Biggest flops - Russia

How will your team do - Get 4 points off Ireland and still finish below them in qualifying.

Of the neighbours...

England - will probably do better than expected. Even a shock Semi if Rooney gets injured.
    Wales - group stage exit
    N Ireland - might sneak into last 16.
    R Ireland - fucked.

Top scorer - ZLATAN.

Player of the tournament - Muller

Young Player - Emre Mor of Turkey.

Breakthrough artist -

If you mean young player - Ante Coric.
    If you mean Owen Hargreaves type amng the general public - Nainggolan, right as he joins the Premier League.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Tee hee hee
    I don't think 11 year old me realised at the time just how special Euro '96 was and the World Cup in 1998 was.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    With increased numbers and third place qualifiers this tournament is a lottery. That said I'll dig up my longstanding Wales will win it posts in 4 weeks.

Andy
    How will your team do? Everyone seems to have England down as likely to do really well. I think they'll sneak through the group then get knocked out straight away

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wow, good call Andy.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    It was hardly a bold prediction.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    You're supposed to be fucking Scottish, quit this pish. nob nob nob.
    TAPS AFF!

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I'd rather be Scottish given the events of the last few days. Depressing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    It must be shite being English.
    TAPS AFF!

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)