User Tag List

Thread: Unsigned Music Thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unsigned Music Thread

I work with a lot of unsigned bands, some who are doing pretty well and others who aren't even known in their own street. There's some great music at the grass routes level though and a lot of great bands that don't ever get anywhere.

So this thread is dedicated to them and hopefully I can turn you's on to some music you might not otherwise ever even hear about. Feel free to post bands as well.

I'll start fairly safe with an indie band. The Sherlocks are a Sheffield (UK) quartet who have been making a fair bit of noise over the last year and half. Two sets of brothers around 18/19 year old been touring extensively and building up quite a fanbase. They've been touring with the likes of The Libertines, Ocean Colour Scene, Courteeners and Reverend and The Makers as well as playing the Festival circuits among their own headline shows/tours.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally saw this first band in a local punk venue as forgetting Paris. They then became ravenhill and are a more folky kind of band. Sorry for the live video, best I can find but they do have a few CDs out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKX_eTGKppE

Second band is Native Tongue. Three guys I went to high school with and some other dudes I don't know. They are pretty influenced but moody indie stuff. Singer has some incredibly smart lyrics.

https://youtu.be/ikU0rH2_F7U
    Last edited by Jordo; February 28th, 2016 at 9:09 PM.