Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    I'm actually curious now how shit gets as bad as we know it does. It seems like the military does have a fairly decent handle on things.
    I think this is why they showed that one cop filling his trunk with bottled water. One of the things we've seen a lot of in the main TWD timeline is a lack of military or police presence anywhere. I think that in the time between the initial breakout and the world falling apart, a lot of military and police corruption and self-preservation was occurring, which caused the people to turn on the authorities. The military already seems to be acting negatively in the next episode's preview. I think one of the key themes in FTWD will be the humans' self-destruction in a time of crisis.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    When the dude at the CDC told Rick "the secret" it seemed like it was something that hadn't been understood by the masses when there was still t.v. and shit. In other words it was news to Rick's group so we can probably assume the west coast group will have to learn it on their own as well.
    I agree, and even Rick holds off for confirmation that it's true. But even so as we know from TWD walkers/whatever they term them over here are really not dangerous as individuals or even as small groups so long as you are aware of them. You'd think that the military and police would observe quickly enough cases of people who weren't bitten. Though I guess knowing what we know now they might think they were sick and not showing symptoms. Which is still not a good reason not to take em out. They also still seem to be figuring out that only head shots count. Sure it happens often enough and quick enough that an audience coming over from TWD aren't going "DEAR JESUS STOP BEING STUPID!" but that's clearly not known.

I agree that humans are going to be a big issue, I'm just amazed that military fails so completely when this looks like they've got a fair understanding of it. Enough that I'd expect at least a few military bases to be mostly intact.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nearly every season of TWO has a helicopter flying through sky. Which indicates to me that there are still military bases operating to some extent.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dunno of its mentioned, but that jet flying overhead is apparently to feature a standalone 30 minute web episode of what happens on there.

I'm Spinning Around! sam_elmendorf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Nearly every season of TWO has a helicopter flying through sky. Which indicates to me that there are still military bases operating to some extent.
    I just watched season 5 again and don't recall seeing a helicopter. Unless it was a flashback scene that I don't remember. Or season 4 either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Dunno of its mentioned, but that jet flying overhead is apparently to feature a standalone 30 minute web episode of what happens on there.
    I wish they'd hurry up with it already. I had forgotten about it til they showed the plane in last nights episode.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samelmendorf View Post
    I just watched season 5 again and don't recall seeing a helicopter. Unless it was a flashback scene that I don't remember. Or season 4 either.
    The one in season 4 was either the first episode or near there. You're right I don't think there was one in season 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're killing me here, I only remember the helicopter that Rick sees in the first season and the helicopter that crashed and Andrea and Michonne walked up to. I do vaguely remember a flashback of the one that Rick saw again, but don't remember what season that was.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck now I'll have to go back and find the last one. I remember it being a basically throw away shot as I don't think there was anyone around but walkers to notice it. May have been part of a cold open. Can't remember.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Now that you mention it I do seem to remember a throwaway shot of a helicopter pretty recently, and I don't think it was too long ago or a flashback. It was literally like 3 seconds and never referenced again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a throwaway with the walkers prior to them herding to the farm. I remember that one now.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Could that have been the same one that the Governor went with his crew and lit them all up?

There has to be some sort of military presence still in the main series, even. He got a fucking tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the same group, but different areas. They brought back the survivor of the helicopter crash only for the Gov to add his head to his collection afterwards. Then the Gov and his people went and killed the group at the camp.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    But the group was military, wasn't it? The crashed helicopter? Where did the tank come from?

This is why I need to watch series more than anyone probably should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes military, Yes military, um, where did the Gov get the tank from?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My brain melted there a bit. It happens.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDPath View Post
    I'll go 7 again.

Agreed with you on both parts there. Also you could add to dislike about how Travis's van in still there and in one piece and not wrecked or burnt.

But other than that, loved this episode and how it was done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Also you could add to dislike about how Travis's van in still there and in one piece and not wrecked or burnt.
    Probably because it was a truck and Shaggy & Scooby were protecting the van.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go 6

Things I liked, things I had some problems with...

So I wouldn't call it a stinker episode, there were things I liked. Yet it was certainly the first episode I've had some real problems with. The good news is I have no idea whats coming, so I'm excited about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not pretending to live the good surburban life. Some people like the lady that had the husband with heart issues, cooks and tends to her plants. That's how she's coping with it. Most of the other people want to know what the hell is going on. Phones, water, electricity. Other than Travis taking jogs, there is nothing normal going on. The military is fuck all at the moment with the seeds for the breakdown. Travis seeing the gun shots at the end where his son saw the flickering light is hopefully a hint that Travis now sees that shit is fucked. I see the military inside the safe zones getting more bored with protecting these people and just going all Day of the Dead fuck you to everyone once they see the shit has really hit the fan.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The episode was all build and I get why. The next couple of shows are going to be heavy shit. But still, this one episode was a slow drag.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    A bit slow leading to an eruption, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually liked the episode over all but then again I really enjoy this because it's part of a zombie apocalypse we rarely get to see and that I've never seen from this particular angle. Usually the lead is in a coma for all this. Just off the top of my head Resident Evil 2, The Walking Dead and 28 Days Later and I'm sure there are more that I'm just not remembering at this exact second.

I'm curious what is really going on with the people they take away because the obvious answer strikes me as wrong.

I'm sure there is and I missed it but is there a reason beyond dumb luck why they live on the right side of a fence? They don't seem to be a particularly affluent neighborhood. They seem to be on a hill so maybe it was deemed easier than most places to protect?

I love that the military is here, not utterly evil. I find them on occasion to be to easily distracted given both the seriousness of the scenario and more importantly the short duration of it. I get why the cast over on TWD go through phases of casual carelessness. (Rick going outside the prison unarmed stands out partially because it was pointed out by Herschel may he rest in peace) They've been at this for the better part of two years I reckon. They are accustomed to zombies and no longer treat them with the respect that deadly monsters deserve and instead treat them as regular run of the mill hazards. These guys shouldn't be at the stage yet where making out with a pretty girl is a reason to ignore your radio.
    Last edited by The Doc; September 22nd, 2015 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No other explanation has been given that I can recall.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I assumed the sides of the fence weren't symbolic but simply an over infected area that got quarantined. I am really enjoying this so far and I think it is setting me up well for getting back to regular zombie apocalypse business when TWD returns.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm going to assume we're beyond the spoiler deadline, but because I'm a good guy:

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking you're dead on Judas.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy this over TWD.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I was kinda getting bored with this show til the end with all the chaos. I do think the military being stormtroopers was sorta stupid. I would like to see a few of them looking at each other while they are knocking down innocent people.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think a lot of the military is going to splinter off into separate roaming groups, maybe like the claimed Daryl hooked up with for a bit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm liking this more than TWD. It seems like things are progressing w/ each episode. TWD seems to linger a little too long, but 100% of the time. FTWD has been solid tv in my book.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Last night's was the best episode yet, IMO. I'm actually sad this is already ending. I think this show would be perfect with 8 episodes a season.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't the first seasons usually the shortest? I think the Walking dead and Breaking Bad only had like 6 to start, if I am not mistaken.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah and I think keeping the seasons shorter would work best for FTWD. This way they don't have to forcibly stretch the story out over 14-16 episodes and they can tell the story in a more concise way. It already feeds into one "half-season" for Walking Dead, so I don't think they really need it to be any longer than it currently is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go 8/10

Last edited by ReDPath; September 28th, 2015 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grudges die hard. Real hard depending on how ingrained they are. I see this Chris v Madison as a personal version of Merl v T-Dogg. The end of the world doesn't make us all saints it just condemns us to a single boat.

I'd really like to know what happened to Travis in the past. It's not that the soldiers handled that perfectly. Or well. Or acceptably. But seriously I have to know!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grudges die hard. Real hard depending on how ingrained they are. I see this Chris v Madison as a personal version of Merl v T-Dogg. The end of the world doesn't make us all saints it just condemns us to a single boat.

I'd really like to know what happened to Travis in the past. It's not that the soldiers handled that perfectly. Or well. Or acceptably. But seriously I have to know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/28/amc-...62-web-series/

AMC has revealed new details about its upcoming airplane based web-series in the world of Fear The Walking Dead.

"Flight 462" will be the title of the 16-part in-flight zombie drama. The series will begin October 4, the night of Fear The Walking Dead's finale, and air as promos with each subsequent episode of The Walking Dead, which begins its sixth season the following week. Each episode will be less than a minute long.

Fear The Walking Dead: Flight 462 tells the story of a group of passengers aboard a commercial airplane during the earliest moments of the outbreak. Over the course of the series, the plane and the lives of its passengers are put in jeopardy once they discover an infected traveler. The series is written by L. Signorino and Mike Zunic and directed by “Fear” director of photography Michael McDonough.

One character from Flight 462 will join the cast of Fear The Walking Dead in its second season next year.

“Flight 462 is a great extension of the world of Fear and will engage fans across multiple platforms with another riveting story set at the start of the fall of civilization,” said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV. “We are thrilled to be collaborating with Dave Erickson and David Wiener on another piece of original content. Watching how they'll bring one of these new characters to the second season of Fear will be really exciting for viewers to follow.”

In Fear The Walking Dead's third episode, "The Dog," Nick (Frank Dillane) noticed a plane flying overhead. Perhaps it was Flight 462.

Fear The Walking Dead's first season finale airs this Sunday at 9 PM EST on AMC. The Walking Dead returns for its sixth season Sunday, October 11 on AMC.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    So, the wise old Latino was part of a cartel? Much better episode this week. Glad to see the soldiers as actual people.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved this last episode. Holy shit it was an acting clinic by the entire cast. Just some great shit. This was easily the best episode of the season. The tension was at fever pitch for the whole hour.

And now that the military are getting the fuck out of Dodge while the horseshit is still warm we are left with a solid feeling of everything going to ass in a big hurry.

Of course the majority of the government and military characters disappearing all at once sort of enforced the idea that their characters were only introduced to build the fence which now will serve as barrier in the neighborhood against the undead. So at least for a season or three they can just stay put. Perhaps even permanently as TWD is such a road trip of a show. Maybe they want FTWD to be more stationary.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was making dinner and talking throughout most of the episode unfortunately so I did not pay much attention. Forgive me if I come across as ignorant.

-Why did the military go into that building where there was an emergency or whatever? And why did they have such a hard time fighting the walkers in it? You would think they could easily handle them with all of the weapons they have. How did they lose so many men when Darryl can take out 50 of them with a bow-n-arrow?

-Why did the black guy in the hospital/containment give up his jewelry to prevent the junkie kid (who looks like a cross between James Franco and the kid from Brink! the Disney movie) from being taken away? Is it because he couldn't mentally break him like the guy at the beginning so he earned his respect?

-When they said Cobalt means that all civilians would be killed and the troops would evacuate the city, does that mean all civilians in the hospital, or all civilians in general would be killed?

-What is the purpose of the military keeping the civilians locked in an arena as zombies? Why wouldn't they just shoot them all in the head?

-If you were Chris or even Travis, would you say fuck it and just try to sodomize Alicia?
    Last edited by Spedizzo; September 29th, 2015 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. They were responding to another unit trapped

2. Yup...and he's obviously going to use Nick for some means...likely to help him escape

3. They will execute all none government personnel, obviously the hospital patients will be part of this little operation..essentially someone up top gave the ok to stop trying to contain the situation for civilians...add in all the soldiers who were deserting on the ground level and whose going to maintain a hospital or safezone?

4. They weren't all zombies to begin with, as Hatosy's character stated, a lot of them were still people, then they started turning quick, they locked them all inside, rather than wasting the ammo on living and dead alike...cutting their losses.

5. I thought they were teasing some random, end of the world fuck fest with Chris and Alicia since they aren't blood related but they didn't...could've been more realistic if they did but meh...they still blew off steam

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seemed like perhaps the remaining military guys killed off the leader/asshole guy that travis knew?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think that too.

I also think Daniel wasn't in the cartel, but rather adopted their practices so he could get his family to safety. I think he's fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so 40/60 on Daniel it's driving me crazy. I'm w/ him for wanting his wife back... but I'm against him mostly because he's putting a lot of people in danger. I think he's solid too though. This show has proven to be superior to TWD for many reasons, still primarily because there's a story that's moving forward. Not sideways.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm mostly with the military but I don't know why they aren't sharing information. Even knowing what we now know about Operation Cobalt I'd still drive through the streets on a loud speaker explaining exactly how walkers function. The biggest threat from zombies in this kind of set up is a lack of information. On that note I'm shocked Liza took the information as gospel instead of wanting to confirm it for herself. Even in that crazy situation they were in that's not something I would simply take someones word for.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I'm so 40/60 on Daniel it's driving me crazy. I'm w/ him for wanting his wife back... but I'm against him mostly because he's putting a lot of people in danger. I think he's solid too though. This show has proven to be superior to TWD for many reasons, still primarily because there's a story that's moving forward. Not sideways.
    There is a duality to Daniel that is hard to wrap my head around but I'm definitely on his side. He's the one character that is already where he needs to be psychologically to survive in this new world.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it seems pretty well spelled out that daniel picked up his "skills" in the salvadoran civil war rather than a cartel.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The acting is a lot better than TWD in my opinion.

Going back to TWD is going to be tough.

Not really interested in TWD or its remaining characters anymore.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    The acting is a lot better than TWD in my opinion.

Going back to TWD is going to be tough.

Not really interested in TWD or its remaining characters anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a great finale.

10/10

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Think about how everything was in episode two, barely any zombie action. Now jump to episode six and the fucking world has just ended. What a tense and dynamite fucking episode. God did that leave me wanting more. I can't wait for the next full season of episodes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than WD... end of story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say this is better than TWD, it's just TWD's hotter younger sister just walked in the room and we fell in lust with it.

I'm enjoying the hell out of FTWD, but I am also eagerly awaiting next Sundays 90 minute season 6 TWD premiere.

Season 1 of FTWD was incredible. And I like the fact that it ended timeline wise where Rick is still in a coma in Atlanta. I see season 2 being the struggle of getting to the yacht and the emotional rollercoaster that Travis is most likely going to be going through for the first 4-5 episodes probably. I can't see them doing an entire season on the yacht. Unless they do something every episode where they port and check shit out, being on a boat for an entire season is gonna blow. And Daniel. How is he going to cope with the death of his wife, and will he accept Travis fully after seeing Travis beat the living hell out of that military guy for what he did.

Also, can't wait to see what the backstory is to Madison. And will Alicia and Chris be the Maggie and Glenn after Chris threw out caution to protect her.

And will Tobias be back?

When Strand was first introduced, I got a Creighton Duke vibe from him. If you don't know who Creighton Duke is, google it. Glad that isn't what his character is, that would have been totally corny as hell. I'm already tired of his character though.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Talking Dead last night, they almost wanted to tease that Madison might be related to one of the characters on the main show, but seemed to back off before committing. I'm torn on whether that would make for a cool crossover at some point, or stretch the suspension of disbelief that all these characters 'must' be related by some contrived mechanism.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Excellent finale. Dat hallway scene was fucking terrifying. I'm so happy with how this turned out in terms of pacing and the build to this final episode. Love it so much.

That being said, I can't wait for TWD proper to be back on. I love TWD and as much as I enjoyed FTWD, it didn't quench my thirst for rick and the gang.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Strand is going to go full Governor.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why didn't any of the soldiers at the army compound have grenades? You'd think they'd have a bunch of grenades, and like, throw grenades at the infected before they had a chance to breach the fence.

I thought it was excellent and am stoked about how this turned out. The hijacking of the car was pointless and I guess they just wanted the overrun or something so they shoehorned that in.

Maybe Madison is Rick's sister.

Looking forward to Zombies in Waterworld next season.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah man now I just want to see exploding zombie parts raining down from the sky as grenade after grenade explodes in the tightly packed mass of zombie bodies as they shamble around trying to figure out what the fuck is going on with their shitty zombie brains.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised so many people on here like this show, everyone I know hates it and prefers TWD.

I'm not that into it to be honest. I'm going to stick with it because I didn't care for the first season of TWD and ended up loving it by the end of season 2 so I'll stick it out for now.

I think my issue is I'm not invested in any of the characters, if any of them would die I'd be like "Meh". I'm gutted whenever someone on TWD dies.

Seemed odd to me that they would lock 2000 zombies in that arena and only use 1 chain and 1 block of wood for each door.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    you know i keep thinking, logistically, it shouldn't be too hard for a coordinated military effort to keep order and maintain permanent safe zones in such a scenario as this.

anyway this was a good finale. lots of flaws in this season especially how the zombies are treated, but it was a fun show. salazar was the best part of this show easily.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Spedizzo; October 6th, 2015 at 11:37 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit, double post.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I'm surprised so many people on here like this show, everyone I know hates it and prefers TWD.

I'm not that into it to be honest. I'm going to stick with it because I didn't care for the first season of TWD and ended up loving it by the end of season 2 so I'll stick it out for now.

I think my issue is I'm not invested in any of the characters, if any of them would die I'd be like "Meh". I'm gutted whenever someone on TWD dies.

Seemed odd to me that they would lock 2000 zombies in that arena and only use 1 chain and 1 block of wood for each door.

It has only been 6 episodes. It really isn't fair to say how much you are invested in TWD characters after 5 seasons compared to this being 6 shows in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, he compared it to how he didn't care for season 1 of TWD either. He said he's going to stick it out.

I wasn't really all that concerned with who lived or died in season 1 either of TWD, but that changed during season 2.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it goes without saying that you're going to be more attached to a character several episodes in than you will right at the start. And with a mini first season they didn't really give us a good enough amount of time to get to know any one character enough to get emotionally invested.

However by this point in season one I was all in with Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes. Fuck I was all in from the first episode where he's curled up on the floor of his house shaking and crying all while trying to wrap his head around the nightmare he's awoken to. And by the time he's reunited with his family? When his tiny son runs into his arms? Holy shit I balled like an infant.

There was definitely nothing that moving in this first season of FTWD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fear has so much more liberty and freedom than TWD.

The finale alone along with what the showrunner has been saying is enough to sell me on a show that's going to do anything it wants, because it doesn't have the baggage of the comic or its characters as the main show does.

That said, that doesn't mean I'm under any illusions that this show could get a serious 4-5-6 season run. With more liberty, freedom and risky writing comes the potential backlash/dropoff of a fandom. This is where the main show will always have the advantage. People can praise or criticize the main show for all its worth, but as long Rick, Daryl, Carol and Michonne are kicking around, the show will float along with the rest of the comic characters that have come and gone and will continue to do so.

Fear's characters feel like more of an ensemble so far after one season, a lot like GOT. Interchangeable pieces that could come and go, without any real leader or 'lead' character. Time will tell if that changes moving forward or if they keep it feeling like an ensemble, which would differentiate it from TWD, where it feels like if they killed off the kinda characters I mention, the show would drown.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was losing interest in the show until the finale. I think the problem is I've seen 5 seasons of zombie mayhem so anything less is just boring. If this show was actually made before The Walking Dead I think I would have enjoyed this first season more. I'm willing to give the second one a shot though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samelmendorf View Post
    To be fair, he compared it to how he didn't care for season 1 of TWD either. He said he's going to stick it out.

I wasn't really all that concerned with who lived or died in season 1 either of TWD, but that changed during season 2.
    No he said he started liking the walking dead by the end of season 2. Pretty much what you are saying here. We are talking about 20 episodes vs 6 episodes here.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't The Walking Dead bound by the comics? Do they have to follow a majority of what goes on in the comics?

Because if so, does that mean the show will drag on essentially forever?

The comics seem to be insanely ahead of the show right now.
    Last edited by Spedizzo; October 8th, 2015 at 8:30 AM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Isn't The Walking Dead bound by the comics? Do they have to follow a majority of what goes on in the comics?

Because if so, does that mean the show will drag on essentially forever?

The comics seem to be insanely ahead of the show right now.
    The comics is a vague road map for the show. It is not like Game of Thrones where everything will eventually line up or has to line up. The show will last as long as they get insane ratings. To be fair what it is happening or happened in the comics is pretty fucking great. So, if we get half of that, it will be a great couple of seasons. The comics will always be a head due to having a few years start as well as an issue comes out once a month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The comic has a 7 year head start on the show. And like lotjx said, it is basically a road map.
    EDITED FOR COMIC SPOILERS
    As long as they keep with the basic outline of the comics and not veer too off from it, the show could last another 5-10 seasons. And of course the ratings have a big part in that too.

Has it ever been said how old Daryl is actually? He kinda looked like he might have been portrayed as being in his late teens or early 20's when introduced on the show. So by the time Beth & Daryl could have hooked up, she was at least 19 and he would have still been in his early to mid 20's.

EDIT: There's no proof of how old he is, one Daryl Dixon wiki page says he's in his mid 40's. Another says that Merle was in his mid 50's and that Daryl was quite younger than him. That's a great answer.
    Last edited by sam_elmendorf; October 8th, 2015 at 7:45 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by PurePlayer; October 8th, 2015 at 3:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDITED FOR COMIC SPOILERS
    Last edited by sam_elmendorf; October 8th, 2015 at 7:45 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Maggie isn't a character in the comics then? I should just start looking this up but I am afraid I will spoil some things if I do.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hey, you know how the actual Walking Dead thread says NO COMIC DISCUSSION? How about we keep to that in here and don't spoil the comics for people thanks!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just use the spoiler tags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry

Regarding Maggie

I only read the first 2 compendiums and have maybe picked up 2 or 3 issues since then. I stopped reading the comic because I don't want to be spoiled too much on what might happen on the show. But honestly, if you're a fan of the show, google works, and I know some people have no discipline to not look things up every so often. Like me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FTWD will have it's own Talking Dead after show for Season 2!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurrah. Should have had one after every episode this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So 7/10

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my God this fucking show moves slowly. I liked the part where the episode ended.

Yes I'll be watching next week.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liked the episode, but I really don't like the Chris and Alicia characters. It's like they absolutely need to have a pouty little bitch and mopey loveseeker in the mix. Yeah, your dad shot your mom in the head before she became a zombie. Yeah, your boyfriend is dead. But harden the fuck up... the world is ending.

Strand's character annoy me too, but he's teetering on passable still. It's just he's always got the same look on his face and does every line the same way. Always squinting his eyes, one eyebrow up, not making eye contact most of the time... like everything he says is super cool and suave.

Good opening episode... 8/10

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strand finally had me intrigued after last night. I'll say that.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alicia is the one dumb bitch in the world who would still figure out a way to get radio-catfished in the zombie apocalypse.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just can't get into this show.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like that this show is slower, and I'm very excited for pirates.

I hope there are peg-legged zombie pirates. With a fucking zombie parrot pet? How fucking great would that be?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The acting is really weak on this show compared to TWD. Another issue (which is no ones fault) these people are regular people. On TWD Rick's group are essentially The Avengers of the zombie apocalypse. So there is a lack of ass kicking. It'll be interesting to see who develops into a strong character, at this point most of the cast on FTWD are Carol season 1.

It was kinda weird to me that they skipped over everything in the first episode. This is supposed to show how the world ended but season 1 ends with them in a house and season 2 starts with everything burning, what happened inbetween?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    It was kinda weird to me that they skipped over everything in the first episode. This is supposed to show how the world ended but season 1 ends with them in a house and season 2 starts with everything burning, what happened inbetween?
    Yeah that was a total miss. Walking Dead did a better job of that with the flashback of bombs being dropped on Atlanta.

I like the idea of taking people who aren't zombie killing machines and showing the beginning like this, but coming right after the main show I can see it boring people. None of the characters are really grabbing me other than Nick and what's-his-face, the older El Salvadoran guy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are the ratings for this show?

Everyone I know has already bailed on it except me.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    3.1 rating with 6.7 million viewers for the premier (finale got 6.9 last year), topping Sunday in 18-49 and 25-54 demographics. Number 2 cable rating of the year behind only, you guessed it, The Walking Dead.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/rati...re-1201750922/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bombing was Operation Cobalt from last season.

After losing that base of operations, and the walkers escaping the stadium thanks to Daniel. The evac that never landed probably told HQ and they start Operation Cobalt ahead of schedule. Hence LA being fire bombed.

Also, the opening episode takes place the same day, only a few hours later into the night. They escaped that facility the night before. Liza is still there dead, that's why they take her instead of burying her, which they do anyway at sea.

I think the acting is fine minus Kim Dickens who plays Madison. I'm just hoping its because the character is supposed to have gone through serious truama at one point or another in her life, hence why she looks like a robot, just like Michonne looked in Season 3. Hopefully its that, and not that she's incapable at acting, because I have a feeling she is supposed to be Rick in this series, its either her or as many argued, Nick since this series started with him.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Travis would be the new Rick.

He was Pablo Escobar in Blow, afterall.

Plus lets be real, a female lead? You kidding or what??

They best be staying in the kitchen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Travis would be the new Rick.

He was Pablo Escobar in Blow, afterall.

Plus lets be real, a female lead? You kidding or what??

They best be staying in the kitchen!
    I think the idea is they want us all to believe Travis will be the guy that keeps everything together, or tries to like Season 1/2 Rick, the difference being he dies and they go back to square one...that's how I see it.

But the reality is, it all depends on how long they realistically think the B show can go on. I've heard rumblings of a 3rd spinoff too.

It may be 2nd to the TWD in ratings, but its going to be going against GOT in a couple weeks, so I don't see any potential ratings growth once it starts going against a juggernaut like that. If anything, it will stay steady/consistent or trail off even more.

That said. I do feel like the B show is more relaxed. The cast is more relaxed. Curtis joked about Season 3 on TTD. The showrunner for FTWD seems like a more honest, to the point lad compared to the smug prick that Gimple comes off being with TWD. I think the show is playing with house money. I think the show has the opportunity to come off less commercialized compared to the TWD. It has more ability to take risk without being handcuffed like the main show is to the comics.

We'll see I guess. Its sink or swim.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ugh, I HATE ALICIA. I am rooting for her to get ripped apart by walkers.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All emo teens must die in zombieland.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predict at some point the daughter is going to take the boat and go after her new boyfriend that she's never met.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nah those are totally the pirates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has been greenlit for a 3rd season!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully that's enough time for the show to realize it's potential.