BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

This needs its own thread.

What are we expecting from this? They better not fuck with the story or the music.

No release date yet.

Last edited by Bad Collin; June 16th, 2015 at 6:33 AM.

Simon
    Seems like they are sticking with the music from the original based on the trailer. I even felt like I recognised the sound of the train, which is a nice touch.

Please don't fuck it up.

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That trailer is magnificent.

I'd like to see them use the orchestral score that's been released on Distant Worlds. Anything but the God awful PC remastered music.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope they do fuck with the storyline. I want what the og Japanese version was suppose to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tempted to moan about how we're getting yet another remake and yet another company seems out of ideas and is trading on the past when it bothered to actually make decent products, but to be honest all I've wanted from Square is another Final Fantasy like VII for about 15 years. If that means they just have to remake FFVII, fine. Maybe the team that works on it will realise how to make a good Final Fantasy game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    FF has pretty much sucked since 9 (except X-2). I welcome the remake and hope they do more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X-2 was a great game. A shame it gets so much hate for the somewhat goofy Charlie's Angels vibe but it was fun and had a much more enjoyable combat system than X itself.

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, 10 was great and X-2 sucked guys

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bzzz. Incorrect.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    10 was great and i never got into X-2 enough to play past the first couple hours. im fairly excited about this but know it must end up sucking. no way they can recreate the charm of ff7's world with their current art direction. i'll still consider getting a ps4 to play it, i love ff7 too much not be pretty interested.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X was very good and X-2 a great reinvention of existing systems.

But XII, XII is the masterpiece. Me and Stan will fight anyone who disagrees.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The battle system for 12 is wack.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    The battle system for 12 is wack.
    I'm going to presume wack means amazeballs.

I understand why a lot of people feel that way though, it was such a departure from what came before. As it is, I got the chance to like how mmorpgs handle and that is essentially how the battle system in XII is built.

Only thing I didn't like, running to regain MP. Meant you never really got the chance to sit back and appreciate how ridiculously incredible it looked.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never played ff7 this game better be good or i will never trust any of you shitheads

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's past time Final Fantasy 7 got it's long awaited remake. (And I can't seem to find 6) I like that Square actually has/had the common sense to remake or at least re-release it's classics every so often with most systems lacking backwards compatibility and I don't want my living room looking like the Angry Video Game Nerd lives there. At this point I don't see why square doesn't just release something similar to what Rare is doing. "Hey, here's absolutely everything you give a shit about from forever!" I'd settle for that.

The game looks great, sounds great. I'm hopeful that any changes they do to the gameplay are either minor or clear improvements. As somewhat of a purist I hated the FF1 remake that used MP instead of memorization like the original. That just made things so much fucking easier. To the point that it felt like I was just enjoying the story instead of the challenge. Which would have been fine my first time but I was there for a stroll down memory lane grinding and all.

I would love an after game cheesey as all hell way to raise Aerith. I loved those absurdly difficult dungeons in FF1 and FF2 remakes where you descended into hell fighting mostly badguys from future and alternate titles and just enjoying the world afterwards and it would make for a fun moment as long as it was after the story had officially ended. MAybe some other fun stuff just to goof around.

I'd love for them to expand the games in the Golden Saucer just cus they can. Maybe toss in some Square classics like Rad Racer just to fill the joint out a bit.

Other than that just hoping for fun. And that they go and work out the rights to Parasite Eve. That book is over twenty years old the author should be over the moon if someone wants to buy the rights again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    never played ff7 this game better be good or i will never trust any of you shitheads
    While it's fun it is quite possibly the most overhyped game in the history of the universe. Personally I find you can literally tell when a person started gaming by if they swear by FF7 of FF6. I'm not gonna talk about all these damn youngins on my goddamn lawn but. . .don't put me on that list of untrustworthy whippersnappers if you don't think this game is the bees knees.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    4 is better than 6.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JP why does someone so awesome have such awful Final Fantasy opinions? XII was garbage. I would fight you but we'll have to sit through five unskippable cutscenes that make no sense first.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dislike of XII isn't even the cut scenes it the battle system works too well and not well enough. I had those gambits set so well that the game literally played itself while I leveled up my pokemon. I don't remember the entire chain but it was like, attack, if flying us magic, if weak heal, if really weak use potion, if this person attacks attack what they attack. And since the living monsters were farther along in the dungeon they'd navigate the dungeon largely without my help. Twas great.

Then BAM this plant dragon shows up and BAM Shiva shows up and I have no idea how to take active control of a battle because I've been so used to being a passive participant. But that's mostly on me you know?

Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    4 is better than 6.
    My only real dislike of 4 are three major things. First how everybody who died or sacrificed themselves along the way both come back from the dead making their deaths kinda meaningless long term, and two they are alive and they stick me with a crappy party instead of getting down here and helping the fuck out. Finally Zeromus has got to be amongst the worst end bosses of all time. And I mean all fucking time that about ruins the game.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mike View Post
    JP why does someone so awesome have such awful Final Fantasy opinions? XII was garbage. I would fight you but we'll have to sit through five unskippable cutscenes that make no sense first.
    That's something I've never got, criticism of the story and characters. I think they're both outstanding. There hasn't been better character scripting or voice acting in any ff game, for me.

The 13 series actually anger me with how far the quality level fell.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm nervous for this game. It's all about how the combat is handled. If they take it the route of these last few years of games, I'm going to be very disappointed. But I will still probably play it due to my love of the world.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    ff12 just didnt feel right, never got into it. lacked the charm and atmosphere of the previous games, which is really where final fantasy has always had its value. the storyline never much interested me and i didnt care for the battle system.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think part of the reason that quite a few of us have so much invested in these earlier worlds is because of the text based story. You had to read so much, and your brain had to commit so much that you couldn't help but be invested in these games. They all have their flaws, but dammit I'd love to replay through just about any of them over what SquareEnix has been giving us these last 5-10 years.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    X was very good and X-2 a great reinvention of existing systems.

But XII, XII is the masterpiece. Me and Stan will fight anyone who disagrees.
    Listen to JP, he speaks the truth.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...inalFantasyXII
    Final Fantasy XII is a complicated and detailed game noticeably different in storyline from other Final Fantasy games; whilst other games focus on individual characters, XII is less about people and more a story of Nations and nationalism, and the lengths some will go to gain power and control destiny. That's not to say it isn't a character study, with Judge Gabranth's clouded conscience and dark history being one of the major subplots - and hence why he's on the boxart. It's full of intrigue and interweaving stories, tactical team-based fighting, well-crafted dialogue and limit breaks (here called Quickenings). It explores the ideas of freedom, revenge, loyalty, peace, and the importance of dreams. It's also a deconstruction of the "Find powerful McGuffin to save the world" plot that's been around as long as the genre has, taking a much more sombre look at the pursuit of what is essentially a Weapon of Mass Destruction and the lengths to which people would go to gain — or regain — power.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    That's something I've never got, criticism of the story and characters. I think they're both outstanding. There hasn't been better character scripting or voice acting in any ff game, for me.

The 13 series actually anger me with how far the quality level fell.
    I won't disagree XIII was a massive step down in pretty much every way, including the story and characters. I just found XII to be largely incoherent. Aside from Ashe, none of my group had clear goals, and every ten minutes we were given an info dump from random people about some other people, all of whom were hundreds of miles away. There's a deep story somewhere in there, but it was not presented well at all, being buried among atrociously long-winded dialogue and CGI schmozzes.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanted this for years... Decades, almost. Very happy it's being done but am very worried that they'll screw it all up. I just don't trust post XIII Square.

Obviously a day one buy and all, but worried all the same.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Poor decision to remake this over 6.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mike View Post
    I won't disagree XIII was a massive step down in pretty much every way, including the story and characters. I just found XII to be largely incoherent. Aside from Ashe, none of my group had clear goals, and every ten minutes we were given an info dump from random people about some other people, all of whom were hundreds of miles away. There's a deep story somewhere in there, but it was not presented well at all, being buried among atrociously long-winded dialogue and CGI schmozzes.
    I've always struggled with why I felt XII was a level above anything else they've come up with (beyond sticking my tongue out, eyes shut and hands over ears), why the criticims of the story made no sense to me, or that the battle system was somehow simple.

That link Stan posted puts it better than I could have ever hoped to have. I'll push it one further; it's collectivism. The many rather than the few. How things effect all and not only some. The way the game is made lends itself to me feeling positive towards it; society over individualism.

Main titles in the Final Fantasy series and how they represent different political, economic and social ideologies.

If I actually make it to Uni to study Politics this side of ever, there's my dissertation. Bish, bash, bosh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I ain't even gonna waste my time on this shit if it ain't turn based.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Markus Hammer View Post
    Poor decision to remake this over 6.
    Nope. I don't know if they could do FFVI justice. It is still perfect in the sprite world it is in.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus, they'd probably have Mark Hamill voice Kefka.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Plus, they'd probably have Mark Hamill voice Kefka.
    And that's a problem in what universe? Though honestly as much of a pain in the ass as it would be I'd prefer FFVI to just be high end sprites that weren't feesible on the SNES over models.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exact same looking sprites at higher resolution and a not flat looking map. That is all 6 needs.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could never get past the incongruous graphics in FF6. Detailed enemies, chibi player caracters, poorly digitised Amano drawings for portraits. Sort it out*

*Don't sort it out, you can't sort anything out anymore.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did have some issues with that as a I got older, not so much as a kid when that just seemed like it was the way you did things.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another short trailer for the release date reveal. march 3rd, 2020. square enix e3 presentation is tomorrow, where we'll probably get a bunch more info.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post

another short trailer for the release date reveal. march 3rd, 2020. square enix e3 presentation is tomorrow, where we'll probably get a bunch more info.
    On my fucking birthday?

God loves me.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That said, I really could do without Aerith doing her best Vanille impression.

Simon
    Can anyone TL;DR for me and confirm whether the Golden Saucer is gonna be in the remake? Could be a dealbreaker for me.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That fucking music is in my head now you bastard.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    They better still have the honey bee inn

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Can anyone TL;DR for me and confirm whether the Golden Saucer is gonna be in the remake? Could be a dealbreaker for me.
    Theres been rumours that the game will be episodic and the first part is completely contained within Midgar.

Simon
    That would be good. As incredible as the original was, I always found it a bit weird and anti-climactic that it started with this stunningly detailed, deep city, and then once you escaped to the world map it was sparsely populated with loads of smaller, isolated towns. It detracted from the sense of being in a living city that you got with Midgar.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

expanded trailer.

incredible presentation for this game. the combat system seems like a terrific middle ground, bringing battles into the standard of this generation without totally abandoning what came before it. and i love that they also include the hot buttons for people who want a more purely action game. having a choice is great. that guard scorpion fight looks intense.you've got materia, you've got them fighting weird lizard things in the sewers, barrett and cloud are cursing, they didn't completely cover up tifa. seems very, very promising. the size of this is going to be insane, even with cutting the fat.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ok. Looks like I might actually get into this.

Simon
    I hated that cunt scorpion.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This genuinely looks brilliant.

I hated 15. I wasn't FF. It just wasn't. The battle system was too far removed. This looks much more like it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That reveal was amazing. Just love how everything looks, the characters, the scenery, etc. The bar at the Avalanche hideout, the Shinra tower, when Cloud's walking through the train. Just perfect. Nothing was redesigned and made to look different or weird from the original. Its just like how you'd imagine it would look.

EDIT
    Also they basically confirmed that the first game is going to be just Midgar, and its expected to be long. You get the feeling that they're going to flesh out the different portions of the game and give it more dialogue and character. You can already see a bit more personality in Cloud which I actually love since it has always been my main criticism of the character
    Everything looks amazing and even more epic. I can't wait.
    Last edited by RuneEdge; June 11th, 2019 at 8:14 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summons look badass in this. They're basically like huge characters that fight alongside you, rather than being just an attack move.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm so happy that there will be a turn-based classic mode for this. I wasn't even gonna bother with it.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is gonna be fuckin great I'm sure. Thought I was gonna have to wait til 40 until this came out at one point.

Back when I was living at studen acommodation during my final year at uni, was playing through the original game and had the volume turned up loud at the scene where Aeris died and was fighting Jenova, got a knock on the door thinking noise complaint and the student neighbours high-fived me for recognising FF7 hshahaaa!

Managed to only get it for a fiver in GAME at the time when I got it. Fuckin bargain!

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't like the look of this. I looks like any other modern Square Enix Final Fantasy game. All the characters faces look the same which takes some doing as there are different sexes and races involved. They make all their characters very android like and unlovable, shame as Squaresoft were great at putting character into their sprites too.

To echo DVDA a turn based option will probably entice me into buying/trying the game.

Has there been any Cait SIth sightings yet? What does he look like?

Also why are modern HUDs shit? Grey/blue things with tiny fonts that you can barely see.

Also the buster sword looks stupid on a "real" person

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man you guys are being a bit picky. Hey maybe I'm more easily amused.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I really don't like the look of this. I looks like any other modern Square Enix Final Fantasy game. All the characters faces look the same which takes some doing as there are different sexes and races involved. They make all their characters very android like and unlovable, shame as Squaresoft were great at putting character into their sprites too.

To echo DVDA a turn based option will probably entice me into buying/trying the game.

Has there been any Cait SIth sightings yet? What does he look like?

Also why are modern HUDs shit? Grey/blue things with tiny fonts that you can barely see.

Also the buster sword looks stupid on a "real" person
    nothing on cait sith, vincent, yuffie or cid, since they're all brought into the story after the initial midgar sequence. unless they've changed things up, they probably won't show in this game or it's marketing, and they'll save their reveals for the hype of the follow up, whenever the hell that is ready to come out.

we haven't seen red xiii yet, though. i suspect their will be at least one more dose of info and gameplay vids before the game releases, i'm thinking in either december or january, so i'm curious if they reveal him before the game comes out.

overall, i'm loving the way this seems to be turning out. the characters all look good, what we've seen of midgar seems to have the look and feel down. i'm a huge ff7 fan, and that's with admittedly never really playing much of the game. i watched my brother play it when we got it way back in 1997 or 1998, and have since then watched other playthroughs on twitch and youtube. i got it on my vita a couple years back and made it to kalm, but truthfully the random encounters and turn based combat were just never big with me, i'd lose energy and momentum in playing myself, so this turn to be more of an action game with some menu/command based options is exciting for me, though i love the fact they're including options for play-styles, so that everyone who loved the original can come in and experience this remake without feeling like it's 100% removed from the game they came to know.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cloud having a huge-ass buster sword is great. Maybe not "realistic" as such but fuck it's awesome.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost every video game character with a sword, has a big ass sword. Kind of a weird thing to criticise.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    Almost every video game character with a sword, has a big ass sword. Kind of a weird thing to criticise.
    And that's awesome on a cartoon style character. It just looks weird on a realistic character. I wouldn't want them to change it as that's his gimmick but I dunno, I just don't love it.

I love FF7 though ,certainly one of the best of the series (and indeed of all time) but I would prefer if they tried to make a good new FF rather than a reskin of a classic.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The remake is trying to stay as faithful to the source as possible. There's no other way to have gone with this really.

I personally think the remake looks amazing. The remade music is brilliant, the character models all look exactly like how people would've imagined, the game mechanics look like the nice balance of old school and modern games. Its like everything's changed while nothing's changed either. Its almost perfect.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The remake is trying to stay as faithful to the source as possible. There's no other way to have gone with this really.

I personally think the remake looks amazing. The remade music is brilliant, the character models all look exactly like how people would've imagined, the game mechanics look like the nice balance of old school and modern games. Its like everything's changed while nothing's changed either. Its almost perfect.
    The faces of the characters have nothing though. I know its not finished yet but they look like every other Square Enix character. Totally expressionless androids, it's an issue I have had with their games for years and a reason why I have lost my love for FF games.

I will be interested to see how they deal with the humour in FF7. It will be important for them to get the right balance.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope "this guy are sick" is included.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here's the released box art for the game:

Looks pretty sweet though they probably should've made it clear on the box that it's onlypart one.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering the timing of everything, it wouldnt even surprise me if the next part isnt even on this generation of consoles.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be shocked if it was on the same gen.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Well here's the released box art for the game:

Looks pretty sweet though they probably should've made it clear on the box that it's onlypart one.
    Hey its rated Rancid Planet. Nice.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Cloud does not cross dress, this is a huge missed opportunity.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Hey its rated Rancid Planet. Nice.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering the timing of everything, it wouldnt even surprise me if the next part isnt even on this generation of consoles.
    However this first part came out way earlier than I anticipated, thought I was gonna wait til I was 40 in a few years just to play the first part. Hopefully ìt's not too spread out.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However this first part came out way earlier than I anticipated, thought I was gonna wait til I was 40 in a few years just to play the first part. Hopefully ìt's not too spread out.
    I just realised I kinda unintentionally alluded to how long this game took to be made. I was actually referring to the fact that the next gen consoles are expected to release around Christmas 2020. The same year this comes out.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realised I kinda unintentionally alluded to how long this game took to be made. I was actually referring to the fact that the next gen consoles are expected to release around Christmas 2020. The same year this comes out.
    Fair enuffski.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even more than a full on remake, I'd love a FF7 remaster like the one that was just put out for FF8. That's all I really want. Same exact game, with smoothed out and consistent visuals/character models.

The next parts of the Remake or, even worse, just the final part being exclusive to next gen seems more than probable.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even more than a full on remake, I'd love a FF7 remaster like the one that was just put out for FF8. That's all I really want. Same exact game, with smoothed out and consistent visuals/character models.

The next parts of the Remake or, even worse, just the final part being exclusive to next gen seems more than probable.
    FF7 remaster for PS4 has already been done dude.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The FF7 remaster is actually coming out on Nintendo Switch in cart form, in a double pack with FF8.

Kinda cool to see a physical copy of the game on a Nintendo format after all these years and especially the history of the game's development.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr

I want a game with the same graphics and everything with the only difference being including all the extra stuff that it was always rumored was supposed to be in the game but they didn’t have time to include it all

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I'm happy and intrigued with the new graphics. If you want basically the same game with the same graphics, get the PS4 version.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FF7 remaster for PS4 has already been done dude.
    I don't really count that. The FF8 one is more of an improvement over the original. At least in terms of what I've played of it so far.

FF7 looks the same to me but you can fast forward.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really count that. The FF8 one is more of an improvement over the original. At least in terms of what I've played of it so far.

FF7 looks the same to me but you can fast forward.
    Wanna know the best thing about FF8 Remastered?

After about 20 years, was finally able to beat Omega Weapon!!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s also nice that it’s a game I haven’t beaten dozens (plural) of times and have forgotten much of. Feels really fresh with the nicer paint job.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the way the box art of the remake looks, and the fact that it doesnt state that its part 1, it makes me wonder how that game will end.

By not saying its a multi part game, I imagine its going to be released or marketed like how they did Final Fantasy X-2, or FF13 Lightning Returns or whatever, where the original game (from my understanding since I didnt play FF13) was somewhat of a complete story and then you had sequels.

With this remake, I could see them presenting it as "Final Fantasy VII Remake" and then "Final Fantasy VII-2". But then that means the first part would have to close off like a full game in its own right and the next part being like a sequel. So I'm not sure how they're gonna do this and how I should feel about it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't read up on it, but I keep expecting the first part to be almost all Midgar.

If it has to be broken into parts, having the first part basically be a redo of disc one and ending with SPOILER would be my choice.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what everyone is expecting. But is that really a appropriate way to end a game? That was more like a season finale type ending, rather than a series finale. I mean it needs to end in a way where you wouldn't need to play the next game and the first game itself would've some what provided a full ending of some sort.

At least that's how I'd feel if the game didnt acknowledge that its a "part 1" of a story.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they've acknowledged it'll be multiple parts constantly for a long time now, the game itself looks great and it appears it's going to stay pretty faithful to the tone of the original. is 'part 1' being missing from the box art worth any breath? i give zero shits if someone buys the game with certain expectations and gets left hanging, especially if they had a great experience playing the damn thing.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should end with a cliffhanger to make people care about playing the next game.

Cloud gets assimilated by the Borg and Barrett is forced to fire on him. Boom.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    they've acknowledged it'll be multiple parts constantly for a long time now, the game itself looks great and it appears it's going to stay pretty faithful to the tone of the original. is 'part 1' being missing from the box art worth any breath? i give zero shits if someone buys the game with certain expectations and gets left hanging, especially if they had a great experience playing the damn thing.
    No one's up in arms about it. People are just questioning why this is the case. No one's gonna not play the game because it this.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the demo just got released on the ps store. cant wait top try this shit out.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played the demo when it leaked online a few weeks ago. Its such an amazing nostalgia trip if you played the original. Everyone do yourself a favour and play the demo. It's awesome.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nearly done with work, cannot wait to get home to try this!

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved the demo. Played it on normal mode and the Scorpion fight was quite challenging and barely survived. Getting used to switching modes and characters during battle.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think Aeris looks awful.

A totally non descript looking character.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just played thru the demo.

got a good chuckle out of Barrett singing the “battle is won” tune.

- - - Updated - - -

Def didn’t survive Scorpion the first go round on normal.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Glad I wasn't the only one to struggle with scorpion haha

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had like one or two potions left to heal before beating him. Hard motherfucker.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So what edition did ya'llz order? I got the deluxe digital version so I could get the Chocobo, Cactuar, and Carbuncle summons.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Boomerang just despatched this to me

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Boomerang just despatched this to me
    I literally read this and got the notification of mines being dispatched. Apparently arriving tomorrow.

Im off work for 14 days in 3 weeks time, so I'm gonna have to try and hold off from playing though.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have mine pre-ordered digitally. I'll be able to play it at 11pm tomorrow night.

Who needs sleep, anyway?

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm even gonna chill out on the pills tomorrow night so I know what's goin on Friday. I'm so fuckin hyped for this.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally read this and got the notification of mines being dispatched. Apparently arriving tomorrow.

Im off work for 14 days in 3 weeks time, so I'm gonna have to try and hold off from playing though.
    I’m off for 2 months due to illness so I know what how I’ll be spending my time!

Every Cloud has a silver lining pun intended.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I love this game! Playing it with my FF7 shirt on lol!