Worst signing of the season:

Most improved player:

Go!

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player of the season: Eden Hazard, a class act.

Manager of the season: Ronald Koeman, what a great job he has done

Team of the season: Barca - unstoppable.

Young player of the season: Harry Kane. Even as a Gooner I cant deny how good he has been

Goal of the season: Wilshire v West Brom

Achievement of the season: Southampton maintaining where they were from last season with all those changes.

Match of the season: Bayern 3 Barca 2

Moment of the season: Messi masterclass V Bayern (1st leg)

Biggest surprise of the season: Southampton doing so well after losing so many players

Best signing of the season: Alexis Sanchez, just brilliant.

Worst signing of the season: Falcao. Just an expensive flop from start to finish

Most improved player: Bolassie at Palace. Looks very, very good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disagree with Falcao, while he was awful he was a decent 5m punt (plus his mad wages). I think the real answer is Balotelli, and the mad thing is, everyone saw it coming - which probably makes it even worse.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balotelli has been awful, but everyone expected him to be. Falcao was rightly considered one of the worlds leading strikers so thats why he is the bigger flop to me.

Simon
    Player of the season: David De Gea. Hazard brought a lot to Chelsea of course, but I think they'd have won the league without him...United would have been nowhere without De Gea.

Manager of the season: Ronald Koeman. It shows what a great job he did that you almost forget how much trouble Southampton looked to be in at the start of the season. A few people had them down as relegation candidates, while most thought they'd at least suffer a drop from last season...instead they finished higher up the table, playing better football. Nigel Pearson deserves a lot of credit for turning Leicester around and managing to keep the squad onside while continually making a fool of himself in the pres.

Team of the season: Southampton. Same reasons as above. If it's open to more than the Premier League then Barcelona or Bournemouth. The football Barca have played recently is possibly as good as I've ever seen - more vulnerable than the dominant Guardiola side but also more exciting and varied in attack.

Young player of the season: I suppose it has to be Harry Kane. Still not 100% convinced this whole season has been a blag, but you can't really argue with his performances and record.

Goal of the season: Bobby Zamora's. Can't remember who it was against (West Brom?) but it was a stunning chip from a tight angle on the run, with his wrong foot too. I think it was the same weekend as the overrated Charlie Adam goal.

Achievement of the season: Bournemouth getting promoted. They're owned by a rich guy but he hasn't spent much, and their wage bill is very small...incredible achievement and I can't wait to see them in the Premier League next year.

Match of the season: Tottenham 5-3 Chelsea. The best side in the league utterly blown away, with five goals in the space of about 40 minutes either side of half time. Peak Kane as well as he banged in a screamer then curled in another.

Moment of the season: Another Kane mention - last-minute winner against Arsenal. Fantastic.

Biggest surprise of the season: Di Maria flopping. Everyone saw Balotelli coming, and there were rumours that Falcao's injury had done him in...but Di Maria seemed like a guaranteed success after a sensational season with Madrid. All of the energy and quality he showed last season disappeared.

Best signing of the season: Diego Costa. Gave Chelsea what they were missing last year, and gave the fans exactly what we wanted ie. a fantastically entertaining bastard.

Worst signing of the season: After mentioning him earlier I could say Di Maria, but he still has time to come good. Falcao cost the best part of £15m for one year and barely looked like a professional footballer.

Most improved player: I'd go with Coutinho. There was never any doubt about his ability, but he's been far more consistent this season and has been a rare bright spark in a poor Liverpool side. Ashley Young deserves a mention as well.
    Last edited by Simon; May 28th, 2015 at 8:27 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player of the season: Nemanja Matic. The difference between the champions and everyone else. He was a rock that made Chelsea the best defense in the league

Manager of the season: Jose Mourinho. Best manager in the world. Never lets his team take a game off.

Team (Club) of the season: For England, Southampton. For the whole club top to bottom, replacing the manager and then all the players in the offseason and somehow getting better. For all of Europe, Juventus.

Young player of the season: Harry Kane. Like Simon, I doubt he can do it for good but he was great this season.

Goal of the season: I can't remember specifics. I feel like the weekend of Zamora and Adam, there was another goal I really liked but Zamora's was great.

Achievement of the season: Southampton, for team, for same reasons as everyone. John Terry, for person, a horrible person, but playing every minute for the champions at 34 is remarkable. Mention for Alan Pardew for keeping two teams in the league.

Match of the season: Everton 3 Chelsea 6. The Spurs/Chelsea game was fun too.

Moment of the season: I can't think of specifics again. Kane beating Arsenal was great.

Biggest surprise of the season: Harry Kane. Came out of nowhere. Couldn't even score in the Championship and somehow gets 20 in the Premier League. Leicester beating United 5-3 for a specific game.

Best signing of the season: Alexis Sanchez. Great. Everything Arsenal could have hoped for. Costa if he didn't disappear the second half.

Worst signing of the season: Dejan Lovran. Paid too much in the first place and then he was useless. At least Falcao wasn't permanent and they should get back most of what DiMaria costs. Liverpool would be lucky to get half back for Lovren.

Most improved player: I'm sure someone will come up with something better than I could. Kane is too obvious. Bolassie is a good shout. Coutinho was Liverpool's best player this season. Cresswell from West Ham has been very good. How about Fabian Delph for Aston Villa? Was he this good last year? Can't remember but he has been excellent too.

Andy
    Just saw that Wilshere won MOTD goal of the season

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Of course he did.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-everyone.html

edit: I do enjoy this one tbh

When Arsenal fans see a Twitter poll:
    Last edited by Ringo; May 28th, 2015 at 12:51 PM.

Andy
    It was better than Adam's to be fair though.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It was better than Adam's to be fair though.
    Adams goal was excellent why all the hate so what if he tries it all the time? Ronaldo tried that free kick how many times before he scores it against Portsmouth

Simon
    Wilshere's goal was a decent shout for winning the poll anyway imo.

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Adams goal was excellent why all the hate so what if he tries it all the time? Ronaldo tried that free kick how many times before he scores it against Portsmouth
    And for that reason I don't think anyone really raves when he does score a free kick.

It's just so obvious with Adam, he literally tries it every game. It's not surprising or exciting that he pulled it off eventually. And in the grand scheme of thing it isn't anywhere near as skilful as the Zamora, Wilshere and Defoe goals. And probably others I've forgotten.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Player of the season: Eden Hazard

Manager of the season: Mark Hughes for me he spent very little and has really improved Stoke. Koeman did a good job but i think everyone went overboard on how bad Southampton were pillaged. They were aware this could happen and they planned for it. They only sold who they wanted. They kept Schneiderlin despite his strop.

Team of the season: Watford - 4 or 5 different managers this season and still managed promotion.

Young player of the season: Harry Kane i suppose still not quiet sure what he's actually good at but he's at a decent all round level at everything. He's basically Mario on Super Mario Bros 2.

Goal of the season: Di Maria's scoop against Leicester

Achievement of the season: I'll go for Watford again chopping and changing the managers and still getting promoted.

Match of the season: Leicester 5 - 3 Man Utd

Moment of the season: Personally it was seeing Hull in the europa league shame we fucked it up

Biggest surprise of the season: MK Dons hammering Man Utd 4-0

Best signing of the season: Robert Huth or Sadio Mane

Worst signing of the season: Abel Hernandez

Most improved player: Lukas Fabianski - A joke of a keeper at times at Arsenal. He was pretty impressive when i saw Swansea this season.
    Last edited by Gary J; May 28th, 2015 at 5:09 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And for that reason I don't think anyone really raves when he does score a free kick.

It's just so obvious with Adam, he literally tries it every game. It's not surprising or exciting that he pulled it off eventually. And in the grand scheme of thing it isn't anywhere near as skilful as the Zamora, Wilshere and Defoe goals. And probably others I've forgotten.
    nah too simplistic what Adam did was brilliant and incredibly skilful. I think it's because of who scored it

Andy
    It is because of who scored it partly, because as I say he tries it all the time. If he did it spontaneously like Rooney or Figueroa I think people would rate it more highly.

I think Zamora, Wilshere and Defoe's took more skill, probably Mata and Pelle too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Zamora's would be my pick. Beauty.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is because of who scored it partly, because as I say he tries it all the time. If he did it spontaneously like Rooney or Figueroa I think people would rate it more highly.

I think Zamora, Wilshere and Defoe's took more skill, probably Mata and Pelle too.
    Wilshere twatted a half volley it was hardly finesse.

Defoe hit a great volley but is that technique really more impressive than hitting a ball that distance with that level of accuracy

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Player of the season: Davide De Gea. I think Hazard is unreal but I reckon Chelsea would still have had a great shout to win the league without him whereas I think Man Utd would definitely have been worse off without De Gea.

Manager of the season: Mourinho. Chelsea winning the title never looked in doubt. I'd like to have said Mark Hughes who has one of the most entertaining sides in the league for a second year running, has diversified his defence and managed his squad brilliantly.

Team of the season: Chelsea. A winning side, the game where they beat Everton at home in the 89th minute was very telling, despite it being so late in the game it never felt in doubt that they'd win it.

Young player of the season: Harry Kane. Shot monster, his entire game is about shuffling space to get a shot off, proper striker.

Goal of the season: Zamora

Achievement of the season: Mick McCarthy making Ipswich so competitive all season.

Match of the season: Leicester 5 - Man Utd 3

Moment of the season: The Blackpool fan in the mobility scooter joining the protest on the pitch.

Biggest surprise of the season: Hull not sacking Steve Bruce.

Best signing of the season: Emre Can, he looks the real deal when not playing right back. For such a relatively low fee he could be a superstar.

Worst signing of the season: Abel Hernandez

Most improved player: Marc Albrighton. Pearson looked clueless when being so defensive and leaving Albrighton out but when he took the handbrake off and brought in Albrighton they looked a different team (P10 W7 D1 L2). Vardy had a big impact (his last minute winner away at West Brom is another moment of the season) and Robert Huth was a rock and a contender for signing of the season. I wrote Albrighton off at Villa as a one trick pony and he still is but he's hugely effective.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against the best team and potentially goalkeeper in the league? It was a great goal who cares if he tries it a lot.

If it was easy to do what Adam did then goals like that would happen regularly.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Of course he did.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-everyone.html

edit: I do enjoy this one tbh

When Arsenal fans see a Twitter poll:
    Haha

This one is good too

Arsenal fans love a poll don't they? What about this one.

Have Arsenal ever won the Champions League?

RT for NO
    FAV for NO

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    They probably only pile up the votes to ensure at least 4th place in the polls thats just as good as winning them.
    Last edited by Gary J; May 29th, 2015 at 8:23 AM.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top 4 Trophy winners 2013 and 2014.
    Facebook award winners 2015

Who needs the Fa Cup!!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Biggest surprise of the season: Hull not sacking Steve Bruce.
    Really don't know why you are surprised by this I explained to you numerous times it wasn't going to happen.

He has took us to a cup final (Now you will say it was an easy route there, I will respond with not with our results in fa cup in recent years) , automatic promotion to the top league for the first time and European football for the first time in our history. He is our most successful manager ever which earns him a lot of brownie points with our fans.

Yes this season has been disappointing and not what we hoped for. But the mistakes he's made are ones that can be aimed at all managers and every manager that has managed any club.

Some of his signings have been bad,some have been good.
    Favouritism towards some players.
    Some mistakes in tactics.

If we struggle at the start of next season then this opinion will change but with his past record of promoting teams from the Championship I don't see why we would pursue anyone else unless he walks out he'll stay and I'm happy with that as are most of our fans.

Warning. Rabidly Arsenal. eldanielfire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Haha

This one is good too

Arsenal fans love a poll don't they? What about this one.

Have Arsenal ever won the Champions League?

RT for NO
    FAV for NO

I love how together and united Arsenal fans are about their club. It's a great sense of (social media) community.