User Tag List

Thread: Best Wrestling Game

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Wrestling Game

Thoughts on what the all-time champion is?

No Mercy stands out to me as still the most playable game ever. The graphics weren't great even for the time, but I can still pick it up and play it and have fun. Great CAW mode, ability to edit the wrestlers gives it more lasting value. Downsides? My cart has The Glitch (should really just buy a new one at this point). And...that's pretty much it. And I forgot the career mode is still one of the best ever.

I think WWE 2K14 was pretty great. Love the roster, Wrestlemania mode is fun, 100 CAW spots, create an arena. You can do just about anything you want with it. Lack of career mode is really the only thing hurting it.

WCW/NWO Revenge is No Mercy with fewer features and the WCW roster (which is fine because WCW probably had a better roster than the WWF at this point).

I've never played the Fire Pro games but I should probably give them a try.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Smackdown here comes the pain for me. We got that adapter and used to play 8 man free for alls with all customized wrestlers that we spent HOURS getting to look just like us with epic entrances and movesets. It was insanely fun.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I remember every year, when the new WWE game came out, I played it for hours and hours. Nowadays, I play it once or twice.

I really enjoyed Smackdown 2 for the PS.

WWF Royal Rumble was great for the SNES too. Have a great many memories with that one.

Overall, think I spent more time playing WCW/nWo Revenge more than any other wrestling game, which is surprising because I never watched WCW.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its the one before HCTP that had the 8 man matches. Every game after that only supported 6 max (except Royal Rumble on the Dreamcast)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hmmm. Perhaps I had the one before or perhaps we only had 6 man matches... my memory is shit. I am pretty sure it was HCTP though so probably had just 6.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone have one of those Action Replay/Code Breaker cheat devices? It was basically like a Game Genie for the PS2 era that allowed you to do some crazy stuff on Smackdown: Just Bring It.
    One code would let you pull an infinite amount of weapons from under the ring, which meant you could have a fuck load of tables, ladders, etc.

The best codes were the ones that forced gimmick matches into whatever mode you chose to play. For example, if you used the TLC code, every mode you played had the tables, ladders and chairs. Pretty much allowing you to merge two match types together.
    One of the best combos was using the Hell in a Cell code with the Royal Rumble match. Every time someone entered the match, they'd auto run down towards the ring and bump into the side of the cage, which of course made your character climb up to the top. So basically you'd have the match at the top of the cell, where you'd eliminate people by throwing them off the cage.

For me and my mates, that probably placed that game at the top of our list.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    I think its the one before HCTP that had the 8 man matches. Every game after that only supported 6 max (except Royal Rumble on the Dreamcast)
    Just Bring It! was two before, and had the 8 man matches.

Here Comes The Pain is the best, and then Shut You Mouth. After that I'd put No Mercy, WM 2000, and Def Jam Vendetta all in 3, 4, 5 in whatever order. Fire Pro is very close right after those.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestlefest. So many quarters gone because of that bastard.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    Just Bring It! was two before, and had the 8 man matches.
    Ah, yeah.
    Forgot about Shut Your Mouth. Here Comes The Pain always stands out for me because of the roster. IMO that was the best of the bunch.
    The gameplay was the last and most polished from the true "Smackdown series", before they went in the more simulation route to recreate the WM2000/No Mercy gameplay.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never really liked the Smackdown games. Just found them too arcade-ish. Mostly just personal preference.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WM2000

Sparklin'
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Mercy and its not even close.

Here Comes the Pain is the best of the smackdown series...best roster and had some awesome features.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No mercy. Wrestlemainia 2000 a very close second.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Never really liked the Smackdown games. Just found them too arcade-ish. Mostly just personal preference.
    It was never really popular, but it was what it was. The arcade-y style was great for multiplayer. You have to bare in mind that these games were released on PSX right alongside the WM2000 and No Mercy games on the N64. So you got a choice of the two style of games.

I think over time after the N64's days, they tried to change the Smackdown series to bridge the gap between the two styles, which IMO failed quite badly. The engine used in the Gamecube games (WM XIX, Day of Reckoning 1 & 2) were the closest we've been to No Mercy ever since.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown 2

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Toukon Retsuden 3 is my personal favorite. Had a lot of fun with Nes Pro-Wrestling, Rock n' Wrestle, Power Move Pro Wrestling, WCW/nWo Revenge, SYM, HCTP and WWE 2K14. Shit, me and my buddy even had fun with WWF Warzone/Attitude back in the day, despite them being pretty damn shit. I loved the roster and arenas in Legends of Wrestling: Showdown. Actual game was a broken mess though. Similarly Legends of WrestleMania had a cool roster and every Mania venue 1-15 + Royal Rumble 1995. Actual gameplay and modes were super weak though, such a missed opportunity,

Best game is entirely different though, guess that would be something like Virtual Pro Wrestling 1&2, KOC2 or Fire Pro Wrestling (Returns).

I never got to play TNA iMPACT, Day of Reckoning 1&2, Wrestle Kingdom 1&2 or that AAA game. I've heard mostly positive things about the DoR games.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think overall No Mercy was better than WM2000 but I understand why some people prefer WM2000. It runs smoother and there is noticeably less lag when more than 2 wrestlers are on-screen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Toukon Retsuden 3 is my personal favorite. Had a lot of fun with Nes Pro-Wrestling, Rock n' Wrestle, Power Move Pro Wrestling, WCW/nWo Revenge, SYM, HCTP and WWE 2K14. Shit, me and my buddy even had fun with WWF Warzone/Attitude back in the day, despite them being pretty damn shit. I loved the roster and arenas in Legends of Wrestling: Showdown. Actual game was a broken mess though. Similarly Legends of WrestleMania had a cool roster and every Mania venue 1-15 + Royal Rumble 1995. Actual gameplay and modes were super weak though, such a missed opportunity,

Best game is entirely different though, guess that would be something like Virtual Pro Wrestling 1&2, KOC2 or Fire Pro Wrestling (Returns).

I never got to play TNA iMPACT, Day of Reckoning 1&2, Wrestle Kingdom 1&2 or that AAA game. I've heard mostly positive things about the DoR games.
    I actually didn't care for DoR. It just made me wish I was playing whatever the Smackdown game was that year.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    Smackdown 2

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    One thing that bugged me with No Mercy was those weird real life faces that had been plastered unto the models. Looked hella weird. And at least in the PAL version there's serious slow down during tag matches and blood is disabled. The NTSC version had that saving issue instead I believe.

/And on the other end of the spectrum, some games that I really didn't like..

In Your House (PS1)
    Smackdown: Just Bring It! (PS2)
    WCW vs. The World (PS1)
    SD vs. Raw 2006-2008 (never played 2009-2011)

Kind of torn on the Acclaim games. Honestly they are pretty shit, but I did have some fun with them for various reasons.
    Last edited by OD50; March 5th, 2015 at 9:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TNM7.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone wanna battle me in no mercy online? destroy you

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    super heavyweight earl hebner is unstoppable

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Showdown: Legends of Wrestling is so disappointing. I bought it like a year ago for a couple bucks and played it two or three times. The gameplay is just straight broken. Commentary is horrible (why the fuck did they get Bobby Heenan when he could barely talk?). No career mode. Only ten CAW spots. Could have been so great.

WWE 2K14 is a pretty good version, but I really wish WWE would release another legends game.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent hours with WWF SmackDown 2, most of them consumed by Season Mode and the match screen with the life-bars if you chose to skip a match. It got a bit unpredictably weird as I remember, starting out in Season Mode it would book same-tier wrestlers against each other but gradually going a bit nuts and booking Kurt Angle against The Kat or similar. I think it was the first game to use individual body parts, such as eyes/nose/mouth etc in the CAW mode, in addition to having the pre-made heads available. And the large backstage areas were fun. Good times.

I also really liked elements of JBI, although the Story Mode was really weak and people didn't consider it as significant a technological leap forward going from PS1 to PS2, the matches were fun to play and a little less manic than SmackDown 2. A little something I noticed in both these games that has been missing in all recent ones is during a match you could keep hitting moves, maybe three consecutively, then hit a big one to the head, like a DDT or I would sometimes whip them off the ropes for a spinning heel kick, and the opponent would be sprawled out motionless instead of rolling around grabbing their knee. It was kind of a more authentic momentum that's gone from today's games.

Not really relevant for best wrestling game, but didn't they make some sort of hilarious car-battling type game that just had different wrestlers' faces plastered on a monster truck or similar? Genius.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Crush Hour.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just Bring It seemed so shoddy, even as the first PS2 one. They added stuff like the commentary that only made it seem more low rent. They took out the 'dodge' move but didn't bother to tell the AI. If you get Spike Dudley you can forearm someone for all eternity as it leaves them standing after the move.

No Mercy was fantastic and I bought an N64 for it, I also got a few other of the AKI games, but it had the best roster and settings, even if it was slow. Smackdown 2 was pretty great at the time, but that season mode is criminal, really. WWE 2K14 is surprisingly good and I have random matches now and again. It just seems to have the right level of fixes, roster and options that you can have a decent time playing - it's hurt by the lack of career mode - I'm really not a fan of the re-enactment of matches.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love that the WCW games would have a bunch of bootleg versions of Japanese wrestlers in them. I didn't know who they were at the time, but it's pretty awesome to look back and see that they had Steve Williams, Kenta Kobaishi, Hayabusa, ect.

Anybody have any thoughts on WWE All Stars? Looked like a game that would be fun for a weekend but not have much replay value.

It doesn't seem like there's much future for non-WWE wrestling games. The only thing that would have a prayer of selling much would be a legends game, and all the legends are under WWE contract.

My hope is maybe WWE will eventually start developing some games on top of the 2K franchise. They could easily do a legends game, or a Monday Night Wars game.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't they release a terrible version of Fire Pro for 360, using avatars?

Edit: I looked it up. What happened?
    Last edited by The Rogerer; March 6th, 2015 at 1:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was just some bullshit cash grab freemium game wasn't it?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Anybody have any thoughts on WWE All Stars? Looked like a game that would be fun for a weekend but not have much replay value.
    Spot on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE Immortals.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've gotten hooked on Supercard lately. It's more fun than immortals, which I had fun with for a bit.

I ranked in the 20k-30k bracket for People's Choice so I got two Epic Hulk Hogan's that pretty much destroy everything.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell is wrong with you Bert? Didn't you watch "Freemium Isn't Free"?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    1. EDIT: Wait, yeah I did see that.
    2. I haven't gave them a dime and probably won't.

At least it's not like some card games where you have to pay to get more stamina to keep playing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    anyone wanna battle me in no mercy online? destroy you
    What? How is this done? I will destroy you.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    1. EDIT: Wait, yeah I did see that.
    2. I haven't gave them a dime and probably won't.

At least it's not like some card games where you have to pay to get more stamina to keep playing.
    Denial and isolation. Let me know when you've moved on.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    What? How is this done? I will destroy you.
    It must be a bluff. I would love to do this. I would beat the Buffalo out of Matthew.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is possible and it has been done.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I will destroy you both in a triple threat. Make you both tap at the same time.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I WILL NEVER BE HUMBLE!!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be a bluff. I would love to do this. I would beat the Buffalo out of Matthew.
    He's from Bluffalo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've enjoyed WWE 2K15 quite a bit.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been tweeting EA, Sony Playstation and Shuhei Yoshida about getting Def Jam Vendetta on the PS2 classics. I would love that game in a HD remake with online play, but would gladly take just the ps2 classic release.

*edit*
    seriously if you liked No Mercy/WM2000 and haven't played Def Jam Vendetta, you should. Same engine, and controls.

Last edited by The Rick; March 10th, 2015 at 12:06 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Fight For New York is pretty damn cool too. Too fast and arcadey for me personally and can't say I'm a fan of the rapper theme. Vendetta and FFNY are both very good, well done games though, as they should be with AKI Corp. developing them. Def Jam: ICON on the other hand..

My one true wrestling game dream is a Legends of Wrestling style game developed by AKI with the VPW/No Mercy/Def Jam engine. Is that too much too ask? (Answer: yes.)

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Royal Rumble 1993 on the SNES, Smackdown 2 on PS1 or Smackdown v Raw 2006 (loved the GM option)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My one true wrestling game dream is a Legends of Wrestling style game developed by AKI with the VPW/No Mercy/Def Jam engine. Is that too much too ask? (Answer: yes.)
    Probably is, yes, but it made me wonder - are there any wrestling games on the horizon right now? At all? Obviously there will be yet another Smackdown game but I'm not really aware of anything else anybody is planning.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Nothing major, only "indie" titles I think. Pro Wrestling X has been in development since 2002 but they seem to be chugging along. Not sure where they are in the progress though. Dave Horn is working on Action Arcade Wrestling 3 which looks to be a fun little game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah I vaguely remember Pro Wrestling X. Seemed like such a great idea in like 2004... I see it is on Steam Early Access now and is still pretty much a zygote of a game. I don't mean to knock hobbyists who are at least trying (and sticking with it for so long) but that seems like not a lot to show for so much time. Maybe I'm just bitter there hasn't been a good wrestling game since like 2006.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I'm pretty excited for AAW 3. Dave Horn is gettting better and better at this wrestling game stuff, and unlike PWX I can guarantee it will actually be made and released this decade. Of course it's not for everyone, will probably be closer to WrestleMania The Arcade Game than King of Colosseum or No Mercy. For example...

Emperor Palpatine finisher?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B9XLziZCMAAk6Nq.mp4

Too much spice in your burrito?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B8PkN81CAAA3PfV.mp4

Of course there are ''regular'' moves as well..
    https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B3dFAG5CEAAWP-v.mp4

What would be cool is something like TNA vs. RoH: World Tour. Many Japanese wrestling games used to feature combined rosters of NOAH, NJPW and AJPW, if they could put ego aside why not two small timers like RoH and TNA? I know US rasslin' mentality is very different to Japanese Puroresu, but still. TNA probably still owns the rights and could use their 2008 TNA iMPACT game as the base for it. I know it wasn't too good but the core/engine of the game was pretty decent. Just needs more work, polish and features.

They could split costs and profits and we'd get a non WWE wrestling game and everyone goes home happy. Not really, such a venture would definitely result in law suits, breach of contracts and all that good stuff..
    Last edited by OD50; March 11th, 2015 at 5:41 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Just curious, have anyone here played 2k15, and how is the overall gameplay?

I'm thinking of buying it when it drops in price. Kind of looking forward to the Ultimate Warrior showcase with Savage, Rude, Slaughter, Honky Tonk, Andre, Mustafa, Adnan, Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Sid and Sherri. Also the first ever licensed arena in the Smackdown series (Madison Square Garden).

No story designer is a bummer but I'm thinking I could put together something interesting in Universe with 25 old school CAW's and the roster from the Warrior showcase above. CAW mode seems limited but there's still some quality creations out there..

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you buy it today apparently you can get all the DLC for free. Advertised it on Raw last night. I'm not really into it due to the roster (not enough legends) and reduced number of CAW spots.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious, have anyone here played 2k15, and how is the overall gameplay?

I'm thinking of buying it when it drops in price. Kind of looking forward to the Ultimate Warrior showcase with Savage, Rude, Slaughter, Honky Tonk, Andre, Mustafa, Adnan, Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Sid and Sherri. Also the first ever licensed arena in the Smackdown series (Madison Square Garden).

No story designer is a bummer but I'm thinking I could put together something interesting in Universe with 25 old school CAW's and the roster from the Warrior showcase above. CAW mode seems limited but there's still some quality creations out there..
    What system are you playing on? On PS3 it has okay creation tools, but the controls are still shit. I blame my drinking on that purchase. Shouldn't have made that one IMO.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Currently spend about half an hour every night playing Royal Rumble and Raw on the SNES with my 4 year old son after I found it after a house move. He bloody loves it. It’s kinda backfired though because wrestling came on the tele the other day and he asked if ‘the fat man’ was going to be on. Fat man being Yokozuna. I then quickly realised that a lot of his favourite wrestlers are dead.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so happen to be listening to the soundtrack to WrestleMania for the NES.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I always had a soft spot for Power Move Pro Wrestling on the PlayStation. WCW Vs The World too. Must dig them out.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I always had a soft spot for Power Move Pro Wrestling on the PlayStation. WCW Vs The World too. Must dig them out.
    I was telling my son the other night about Power Move because one of the songs sound like Fistful of Steel by Rage Against The Matchine. Oh man, WCW v. The World was so much fun. I remember how cool it was that they had Crow Sting in the game. And Sabu.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Power Move Pro Wrestling was the shit. Loved that game back in the day. I tried popping it into my discman in high school and discovered it had a handful of music tracks on it. Was on the hunt for it at the Game Traders for a bit more recently with no luck.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    There was a ring announcer too.

'The Commandant'

Epic on every level.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zombie and Sparrow were my dudes.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I might have gone on a little mini ebay and playasia binge today.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND View Post
    Smackdown here comes the pain for me. We got that adapter and used to play 8 man free for alls with all customized wrestlers that we spent HOURS getting to look just like us with epic entrances and movesets. It was insanely fun.
    That's the Brock cover one, right? If so, that's my vote. It came out at the right time, with the right roster and just before I got really burnt on yearly releases.

No Mercy is great and all but I always found it less playable than SD 2, which was out at the same time. No Mercy was great fun with three friends, but there was always that one psychopath who was so good that no one stood a chance and it lost the fun factor. Plus that fat bitch beat me as Chyna to make Shawn lose the belt to her on my cartridge. That was just mean.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the ladder match in no mercy has been the closest to perfect in terms of fun. me and my brother and friends would have ladder matches that lasted 45 minutes or more sometimes. i was dean malenko in a towel, my brother was linda mcmahon and my one friend was some big guy, either viscera or mark henry, and we spent an hour going at it for the wwe title, which was eventually won by linda. so much fun.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No Mercy would repeatedly wipe out all of my save data...
    Custom characters, edited movesets, all gone...

No Mercy can fuck off...

I don't care how good the gameplay was (it was overrated), any game that frequently wipes out your game file shouldn't even be in contention. That's some grade f bullshit...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; November 6th, 2016 at 2:43 AM.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Exactly right Bill, pile of bollocks. Set me back 60 notes at the time as well.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only certain copies of the game done that though - mine has had the same data for years. No Mercy is the best and HCTP is runner up although I haven't played a new one in years.

In fact no EWR is the best wrestling game ever if it counts.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeh well mine and Bills did it so in our eyes it fucking blew! Besides I'm not sure 'Only certain copies' is that good of a defence. Agreed on EWR though, may have to download it again to give my FM addiction a rest

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not the best but I spent hours playing Royal Rumble for Super NES. I still remember renting that bad boy every chance I got (maybe I should say begging my parents or aunt to rent it) before I got a copy all to my own.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my oldest son and I have been playing a lot of WCW v. NWO World Tour on the N64 after he reminded me of the unlockable wrestlers (Wrath, Glacier, DDP, Macho Man, and Joe Bruiser aka Muhammad Ali). It's hard to play this when I have Revenge and No Mercy BUT it's still very very fun and the replay value is off the charts.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I gotta hook up my N64 and play Revenge and Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy. How the fuck do I hook it up to a TV, do they have HDMI cables for that shit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revenge ate months worth of my childhood...maybe a good year. I played that game all the time with my friends. I was always Giant, Norton, or Piper. We'd have at least 7 people on a 20 man rumble, each time someone would be eliminated would pass the controller on. If only THQ would release a modified port on DS with WFC, then I can die a happy man. No WWE game has been nearly as mechanically sound as this game, except Here Comes the Pain, but I spent so much time with the PS1 and N64 games. Look at this intro!

Last edited by Eddie Brock; June 29th, 2021 at 5:49 PM.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's No Mercy now get this thread out of my sight.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved Here Comes The Pain and Shut Your Mouth. Was SYM the one with the boiler room brawl? That was a great one.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    To turn 180 is there a worse wrestling game than wcw backstage assault? I mean Mayhem was decentish but somehow the sequel was hideous in that the models had regressed badly and the glitches and bugs were numerous

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    To turn 180 is there a worse wrestling game than wcw backstage assault? I mean Mayhem was decentish but somehow the sequel was hideous in that the models had regressed badly and the glitches and bugs were numerous
    Not 100% sure if I ever played Mayhem, I know for a fact I never played Backstage Assault because by this time I was strictly PlayStation. Both look hideous lol.

WCW only had like 4 games in the history of their existence including the NWA days that were any good. WCW v. The World, WCW v. NWO World Tour, WCW/NWO Revenge, and you could MAYBE make an argument for Nitro/Thunder simply for the unlockable arenas and cool character select vids. But gameplay was weak, all those wrestling street fighter style games were kind of weak imo including WWF games like Attitude. Just never liked that style of game play for a wrestling game.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    WWF Attitude for the Dreamcast was awful. Overly complicated controls and move lists, sub CD-quality music and video (Kane sounded like the battery on his voicebox was going flat ), insane diffculty spikes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    WWF Attitude for the Dreamcast was awful. Overly complicated controls and move lists, sub CD-quality music and video (Kane sounded like the battery on his voicebox was going flat ), insane diffculty spikes.
    I don't know if I ever played any wrestling games for the Dreamcast. I had a couple friends who owned one but to my knowledge never had any wrestling.

I remember 20 years ago these 2 friends of mine lived together. We would always play Attitude on PlayStation. Then one day I come over and 1 of them is like, I can't find the game, I think this motherfucker sold it or something. Come to find out our boy was doing meth and pawned it, a game he didn't even fucking own. It was the start of a crazy end to our friendship with that guy but I'll always remember how close to being killed this guy was over the game lol.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You know what games I loved? WrestleMania: The Arcade Game and In Your House.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard the ECW games weren't good. Same thing with Attitude and Royal Rumble.
    Last edited by Brock Kasady; December 4th, 2019 at 4:10 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Not 100% sure if I played IYH but I do remember playing WM quite a bit with my dude who lived across the street when I was 13-14 years old. Bam Bam Bigelow was my go-to.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Kasady View Post
    I heard the ECW games weren't good. Same thing with Attitude and Royal Rumble.
    The ECW games are just like Attitude, War Zone, that whole "up, down, circle, circle, triangle" and I just wasn't a fan in comparison to the AKI games like Revenge. But we still played the shit out of them. I remember ECW had barbed wire ropes so that was cool and they had better moves than WCW and WWF games of that style.

Royal Rumble is a good Super NES wrestling game. The triple threat (Super WM, RR, and Raw) were godlike compared to the NES games we had to settle for but not as cool as what was to come just a couple years later.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bam Bam was fucking dope in Mania, I must say.

IYH is basically the same game as WrestleMania: The Arcade Game but with some different folks in the mix like Vader, Goldust, and Ultimate Warrior. Used to have it myself and it was a pretty fun time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is pretty cool. Amazing what they can do with mods and emulators these days.

Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; December 5th, 2019 at 12:23 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta hook up my N64 and play Revenge and Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy. How the fuck do I hook it up to a TV, do they have HDMI cables for that shit.
    https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/...D2X-HDMI-CABLE
    You need this. They've only just made it so pre-orders are currently up. A little expensive for a cable but its the best way to play N64 (or SNES, Gamecube, etc which all use the same Nintendo AV port) on a HDTV.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fond memories of Smackdown Just Bring It! for the PlayStation making CAWs of my teachers.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Fond memories of Smackdown Just Bring It! for the PlayStation making CAWs of my teachers.
    I think this is the one that can play 8 with two multi-taps. Is good.

Def Jam Vendetta needs some love dammit

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I still play In Your House with my boy. I think the games were critically slammed when they were released, but I thought they were great fun.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For under $10 I was able to get a copy of WM2000 and it showed up this weekend. Love it still. Hard to decide which game is better, No Mercy or WM2000. I actually forgot No Mercy came out AFTER WM2000 and then when looking @ the roster and the music, attires of some of the talent I realized 2000 was the older game.

So basically I have the 4 Horsemen of N64 wrestling games. WCW/NWO v. The World, WCW/NWO Revenge, WM2000, and No Mercy. Games like War Zone and Attitude were dope but not on the level of the ones mentioned. But also very different looking and playing games as well.

Now it's time to buy a PlayStation and get the other 4 Horsemen: WCW v. The World, WWF Attitude, WrestleMania the Arcade Game, and Power Move Pro Wrestling

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I still play In Your House with my boy. I think the games were critically slammed when they were released, but I thought they were great fun.
    Had them for PC and the PlayStation, I recall putting the PS version in my CD player and being able to play the theme songs which I thought was cool at the time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had them for PC and the PlayStation, I recall putting the PS version in my CD player and being able to play the theme songs which I thought was cool at the time.
    Yeah a great benefit with some of those PS games!

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    For under $10 I was able to get a copy of WM2000 and it showed up this weekend. Love it still. Hard to decide which game is better, No Mercy or WM2000. I actually forgot No Mercy came out AFTER WM2000 and then when looking @ the roster and the music, attires of some of the talent I realized 2000 was the older game.

So basically I have the 4 Horsemen of N64 wrestling games. WCW/NWO v. The World, WCW/NWO Revenge, WM2000, and No Mercy. Games like War Zone and Attitude were dope but not on the level of the ones mentioned. But also very different looking and playing games as well.

Now it's time to buy a PlayStation and get the other 4 Horsemen: WCW v. The World, WWF Attitude, WrestleMania the Arcade Game, and Power Move Pro Wrestling
    If you use a gameshark, you can play the japanese n64 games. Oooor you can take off the top casing. The casing is the only thing preventing a wider Japanese cart into an American console.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    WrestleMania 2000 is my favorite. I loved No Mercy, but all that slowdown during the fatal four ways was frustrating. They're kind of apples and oranges, both wrestling games, but different gameplay. I have a code that puts wire on the ropes, and if you Irish whip them into the ropes they get caught in it... and sometimes bleed. It rules! Brings back a lot of memories. You could tell the developers really took pride in it. Actually the original SmackDown on PS1 was a good game too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use a gameshark, you can play the japanese n64 games. Oooor you can take off the top casing. The casing is the only thing preventing a wider Japanese cart into an American console.
    Really? That's awesome! My oldest son and I have been thinking about snatching up some of those versions. The rosters are sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Kasady View Post
    WrestleMania 2000 is my favorite. I loved No Mercy, but all that slowdown during the fatal four ways was frustrating. They're kind of apples and oranges, both wrestling games, but different gameplay. I have a code that puts wire on the ropes, and if you Irish whip them into the ropes they get caught in it... and sometimes bleed. It rules! Brings back a lot of memories. You could tell the developers really took pride in it. Actually the original SmackDown on PS1 was a good game too.
    I played the original SD game on PS1 religiously. All those games for PS1 and PS2 imo were pretty awesome. It started to get little hit or miss as the transition from PS2-PS3 happened but not too heavy on the miss so that was a plus.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I may be wrong, but didn't one of the early Smackdown games start replacing wrestlers in the season mode? Like if you did season mode for 20 years, HHH etc would retire and the game would create new guys to replace them? Or am I imagining that shit

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be wrong, but didn't one of the early Smackdown games start replacing wrestlers in the season mode? Like if you did season mode for 20 years, HHH etc would retire and the game would create new guys to replace them? Or am I imagining that shit
    I'm not 100% sure but it sounds like NBA Live because that's exactly what they do in that game lol.

Idk if I ever made it 20 years deep in a season mode although I wouldn't be shocked.