Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rick and Morty

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    When that plot point comes to it's climax it is going to be some deep, dark shit. I can't wait.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have watched this show on and off for the last year, but the pickle rick episode was on Saturday night and I must have watched it back like 3 times. Such a stupid plot, but I found myself dying laughing at pickle rick going to war while the family as in therapy. Great episode that made me wanna actually go back and watch the series entirely.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last weeks episode was ep of the season for me just so well done

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Bit cliché to say at this point, but 'The Ricklantis Mixup' may well be the best they've done yet. The volume and depth of the jokes, call-backs, references and plot points with so many integral participants. Fuckin' awesome. Simple Rick's, ffs.

And to think it's just the front end of a huge story arc, o boy.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Sunday's episode really was crazy. I feel like I need to go back and watch it a few times to properly absorb everything. So many layers to the jokes and plot, both within the canon and metaphorically for real-life scenarios. They definitely set-up the reveal, but it was fucking spine-tingling regardless. I could go for a couple episodes highlighting life on the Citadel of Ricks if they felt so inclined.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was like watching Crash, only everyone in the movie was two people played by one person...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rick and Morty but it's better because it's in Japanese...

Last edited by Bill Casey; October 4th, 2017 at 1:25 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Morty's Mind Blowers was dark comedy at its finest...
    I loved it more than inter-dimensional cable...

*experiences true level* "EVERYTHING'S CROOKED! THE WORLD IS POISON!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That metal version of the theme music during the credits was fucking baller.

Also, squirrels.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Each episode has an "Inside" featurette, where the creators provide a couple minutes of insight...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; October 4th, 2017 at 2:40 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Last edited by Bill Casey; October 4th, 2017 at 2:43 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/9/21...iters-season-3

Rick and Morty co-creator calls out ‘knobs’ who harassed, doxxed show’s female writers (update)
    ‘I think it’s all disgusting’

Rick and Morty co-creator Dan Harmon has called out a group of online commenters for harassing and even doxxing female writers on the show’s writing staff.

The events Harmon is referring to take place over the course of the show’s third season, with a heavy focus on the first few. A Reddit thread posted in the Rick and Morty subreddit singled out various female writers on the show’s staff for some fans’ lack of enjoyment of the third season. That same thread was later used for doxxing members of the writing team, forcing moderators to step in.

Harmon, who told Entertainment Weekly he’s been on a Twitter sabbatical for the past few weeks, admitted he was aware of the thread. Harmon said he also knew going into the third season that high-profile women were often the subjects of online abuse and attacks.

I was familiar going into the third season, having talked to Felicia Day, that any high-profile women get doxxed, they get harassed, they get threatened, they get slandered. And part of it is a testosterone-based subculture patting themselves on the back for trolling these women. Because to the extent that you get can get a girl to shriek about a frog you’ve proven girls are girly and there’s no crime in assaulting her with a frog because it’s all in the name of proving something. I think it’s all disgusting.

In a statement to the magazine, Harmon said he hasn’t made it a secret how much he loathes these types of viewers. Harmon added that going after a single writer shows ignorance toward how TV series and writing rooms work, explaining that audiences shouldn’t be able to tell who was credited with writing an episode as it’s a team effort.

In the Reddit thread where this all began, moderator elastical_gomez updated the thread to address the situation. Elastical_gomez made it clear that smear campaigns will be removed and multiple offenders will receive a temporary ban.

Plenty of women have been involved with the creation and production since the beginning of the show. Women work on R&M as producers, coordinators, assistants, voice actors, production managers, storyboard artists, designers, colorists, editors & animators not to mention all the people who work at the network, marketing, etc. The whole process is highly collaborative and everyone contributes to the end product. Whatever issues you have with the showpast [sic] 2 episodes, it has nothing to do with the writers' genders. The fact that this is even getting brought up is absurd. Interdimensional Cable 2, Needful Things and Raising Gazorpazorp didn't get crazy stellar fan reactions, and no one brought up the writers' dicks as being a factor (when in reality those episodes didn't do as well because of the writers' dicks /s)

The harassment wasn’t just contained to the subreddit. Writers like Jane Becker and Jessica Gao, two high-profile writers who earned writing credit for the episodes being moaned about, received vulgar comments from people on Twitter and Facebook. Another writer on the series, Sarah Carbiener, told The Hollywood Reporter that when female writers were brought on board for the show’s third season — the first time the show ever had female writers on staff — they were interested in focusing more on Beth and Summer. The two characters, while popular among fans, were largely there to help progress Rick and Morty’s arcs. Carbiener said they wanted to bring Beth and Summer forward and get into more nuanced storytelling.

“I don’t think they ever didn’t give Summer and Beth their due," Carbiener told the magazine. "I think a lot of guys in the room were driving those conversations because they realized we need to tell more of these stories, and now that there are women in the room we can vet them and make them better. It wasn’t like we showed up and said, 'Where are all the Beth episodes?’”

It was the deeper storytelling, emotional arcs and focus on Beth and Summer that resulted in the abuse the female writers were served. Despite Rick and Morty’s third season being one of its most critically acclaimed and bringing in some of its most popular characters — Pickle Rick was created by Jessica Gao — there was a group of fans who retaliated for the direction the show was going in.

Other fans have reached out to Carbiener, Gao, Becker and the fourth female writer, Erica Rosbe, on Twitter to offer their support. Harmon told Entertainment Weekly that he wishes he could yell at “these idiots” and inform them that all the writers work on episodes together; it’s not just one individual writer’s standpoint coming across.

“These knobs, that want to protect the content they think they own — and somehow combine that with their need to be proud of something they have, which is often only their race or gender,” Harmon said.

After two seasons of not having female staff writers on the show, Harmon and co-creator finally brought on Gao, Becker, Cabiener and Rosbe for the third season. Harmon told The Daily Beast having female writers on the show meant that there was an opportunity for more voices to be heard and storylines to make it into the show — including exploring Summer and Beth.

“We had that for this season and I thought the results were really good because it meant that both the men and the women could increase their attention on Beth and Summer,” Harmon said. “Nobody represents any gender because if nobody outnumbers anybody else, then nobody’s an ambassador to anything.”
    Rick, Beth and Morty standing in Rick’s garage.

Despite the push forward, fans started complaining about the upcoming changes as early as last year, creating Reddit threads to talk about their unease with the changing staff. The Rick and Morty subreddit moderators have made it their goal to ensure that writers aren’t targeted and sexist or derogatory language isn’t used, but with more than 635,000 active subscribers, that can be difficult.

“Some people have been threatening and harassing the female writers of R&M all because they didn't particularly care for the past few episodes,” elastical_gomez wrote. “It goes without saying that regardless of what you think about the show, that sort of behavior is shitty and inciting more harassment of these people is not allowed on the subreddit. It's beyond shitty that these people have worked hard for so long only to be treated this way over a fucking cartoon. For the record, I worked on Rick and Morty during season one and have been affiliated with the show ever since.

“If you set aside the sexism, the rest of this is rooted in ignorance about how animated shows are produced.”

Polygon has reached out to Adult Swim for comment on the story.

Update: In response to a request from Polygon, a representative from Adult Swim did not offer any additional information about how it was handling the situation, but said, “We wholeheartedly support Dan and the entire team of talented female writers and crew on Rick and Morty.”

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My body mostly replaces itself with new cells...
    Am I a clone with all of my memories?

AM I A SHIP OF THESEUS???

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    October 7th, McDonald's is bringing back Szechuan Sauce for one day only...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    October 7th, McDonald's is bringing back Szechuan Sauce for one day only...
    Only in selected branches in the US. I can't remember if the sauce came out over here back in 1998. Anyone?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Participating locations near you...
    Proof that if people come together, a soulless corporation will sell you the novelty garbage you wanted...

https://buttermilkcrispytenders.com/szechuan-sauce.html

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    "inside the episode" featurettes updated and spoiler tagged,,,

Episodes 1-5
    Last edited by Bill Casey; October 4th, 2017 at 2:46 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Episode Featurettes 6-10
    Last edited by Bill Casey; October 5th, 2017 at 4:50 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chetreo Musical Remixes...

Episodes 1-5 Remix
    Last edited by Bill Casey; October 13th, 2017 at 5:42 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chetreo Remixes Episodes 6-10

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Peter Slavik Posters

1-3

4-6

7-10

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Participating locations near you...
    Proof that if people come together, a soulless corporation will sell you the novelty garbage you wanted...

https://buttermilkcrispytenders.com/szechuan-sauce.html
    Got one pretty close to me so I will be getting some. I wonder how much sauce they will let you buy?
    Last edited by virmicious; October 4th, 2017 at 9:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    The line for this is unreal. I called about an hour in advance and the person on the phone said if I wasn't already in line I was probably wasting my time.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So there may be a riot. Supposedly they had 20 sauces total and people are pissed. Apparently there are still posters. I didn't come here for a fucking posters.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    So there may be a riot. Supposedly they had 20 sauces total and people are pissed. Apparently there are still posters. I didn't come here for a fucking posters.
    Footage from McDonald's...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Lots of pissed off people. I think the worst thing was there was no crowd control or communication at all by McDonald's. Now this could simply be the case of this particular store but they were put of the sauce w8thin the 1st 5 minutes and never bothered to tell anyone. So basically people waited up to 2 hours in line to find out there wasn't anything to get other than registering for an Xbox 1 and your choice of kid sized McDonald's gloves or a big Mac mouse pad. Even then you had to buy the new chicken tenders to get that. This was a magnificent troll by McDonald's. No doubt you will definitely see a nationwide release in a few months. Probably the Szechuan McRib.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I know Virm told the story, but I’d already copied this:
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...otion-heats-up

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are at all upset that a shitty fast food place didn't have shitty tv ketchup you should have nails hammered into your forehead.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    You sound like you have a lot of sand in a tiny vagina.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sound like you have a lot of sand in a tiny vagina.
    Yes me. Not the mob screaming at the 15 year olds making 3 dollars an hour about dipping sauce.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    That's illegal defrost. You can't pay someone $3 an hour.

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can if it's authentic Szechuan sauce made in Chinese sweatshops
    Last edited by darkhorse; October 8th, 2017 at 7:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Oh please, you know damn well they ain't even close to 3 bucks an hour in the sweatshops. And if they were smart they'd sell it on eBay for $300 a pack and retire

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    touche

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Oh please, you know damn well they ain't even close to 3 bucks an hour in the sweatshops. And if they were smart they'd sell it on eBay for $300 a pack and retire
    Can guarantee this is what most of the McDonalds staff will have done. Taken a box load home and started eBaying the lot.

Sad that people actually got upset over this. I'd understand if people actually remembered the sauce and actually enjoyed it at the time, but the majority of people queuing wouldn't have been alive when Mulan came out.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Traverse City, Michigan was in an uproar over the stuff. I can understand being pissed about waiting for hours for nothing. Glad they are doing another release.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think we all learned some valuable lessons...
    If there's one power people still have in a dystopian corporatocracy, it's purchasing power...
    And you can always count on a giant mega-conglomerate to reinforce your sense of entitlement while latching onto your wallet for sustenance...

Tha-that's what we learned...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I trust mega corporations to give me my szechuan sauce over buying it from a seller that is supplied by the cartels.

Capitalism just works dude, get over it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    bit mental that I was almost genuinely moved by that. Fuck sake Mr Poopy Butthole.

WTF WHEN IS SEASON 4

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Time to sell out again!

The butter passing robot just got eaten...

In a tangent, this song appeared on Rick & Morty creator Dan Harmon's podcast...

https://soundcloud.com/robtanchum/i-fucked-yo-momma

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
    bit mental that I was almost genuinely moved by that. Fuck sake Mr Poopy Butthole.

WTF WHEN IS SEASON 4
    Hopefully next year. Pretty sure they are in the midst of writing it.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still nothing like waiting for Venture Bros.

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or Metalocalypse

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So it came out today. Not like it should have apparently as thousands are in uproar. I got mine and as figured it tastes like pure shit.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ryan Ridley said they haven't even started writing Season 4, and he'd be surprised if Season 4 was ready before late 2019...

https://nerdist.com/rick-and-morty-season-4-2019/

mouth breather
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's expected.

In the mean time, check out the new Plumbus X.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    That's a lot and at the pace thier going most of us will be dead by the time the last season comes out.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I'm guessing the show will come out more regularly with such a big extension. Adult Swim has had no show that has made such a cultural impact as R&M. Aqua Teen Hunger Force might the only one who even sniffs this show's popularity.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That extension isn't big enough for me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's a lot and at the pace thier going most of us will be dead by the time the last season comes out.
    Worth noting that now they don't have a giant period of time in between them finishing writing a season and waiting for Cartoon Network to renew them...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    New Rick and Morty song by Justin Roiland and Chaos Chaos...
    Kanye's birthday...

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know we're super fucking late to the party but @Melly and I just binged through all three seasons of Rick and Morty over the past few days. Godaamn amazing show.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rick and Morty just won their first Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program...

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 4's been announced for November.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Season 4's been announced for November.
    Schweet!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Excellent.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved this to begin with but felt it lost it's way in season 3 and gave up around the Pickle Rick episode. Should I give it another go?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    I loved this to begin with but felt it lost it's way in season 3 and gave up around the Pickle Rick episode. Should I give it another go?
    Yes. It's a brilliant show, but I find it's a show I like in small doses. It's not a show I'll smash out episode after episode. I'm good with a handful a week.

I find if I binge it, a lot of the more clever stuff goes over my head.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I hope evil Morty becomes a focal point. I read somewhere that fans think he is the original Morty that was left behind when Rick teamed with his current Morty. Evil Morty had Rick in his childhood, so he is more intelligent and thinks more like his grandpa does, and wants revenge for him leaving. Even if it isn't true, his episode was my favorite of last season's.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say, Season 3 is kind of divisive. You could make arguments for some episodes(such as Pickle Rick) jumping the shark a bit, but I think overall it's just the creators pushing the bar into new territory so the show doesn't stay stale. With Pickle Rick, I think the marketing and fan craze about it definitely made it wear thin, but the episode itself actually had a fantastic storyline going underneath the gag, with a great end to the episode.

The rest of the season definitely has stronger moments, though, so you should definitely give it another shot.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I highly recommend...

3x06 - Rest and Ricklaxation
    3x07 - The Ricklantis Mixup
    3x08 - Morty's Mind Blowers

Then a soft recommendation on...

3x05 - The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy

You should definitely give episodes 6-8 a chance...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; May 18th, 2019 at 2:34 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Evil Morty better show up this season. His episode was the best one last season and it is rumored that he is Rick's original Morty.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Anyone found a quality recap of the entirety of Rick & Morty before the season 4 kickoff?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Holy shit that premiere...
    What even is this show?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good shit.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best part was the caterpillar babies getting eaten.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Justin Roiland, the voice of Rick and Morty, has officially been fired from his show. They are getting someone else to voice the characters. If these charges are true, then he is a real piece of shit. Bury him beneath the prison.

I wonder who they will get to replace him? Maybe some Youtuber who has mastered voices?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    Justin Roiland, the voice of Rick and Morty, has officially been fired from his show. They are getting someone else to voice the characters. If these charges are true, then he is a real piece of shit. Bury him beneath the prison.

I wonder who they will get to replace him? Maybe some Youtuber who has mastered voices?
    So what happens if he is found not guilty? Does he get to come back or is he fired for good?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I see why he was fired, they don't want any backlash against angry fans, but I wish they would wait until there was a verdict in a court of law before making these decisions.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Those messages to kids probably didn't help his cause.

Also it's the same incident from 2020 that they did know about, so the fact it's continuing now suggests there's more evidence that even if not found criminally guilty because of reasonable doubt, there's probably something that they found worth pursuing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Those messages to kids probably didn't help his cause.

Also it's the same incident from 2020 that they did know about, so the fact it's continuing now suggests there's more evidence that even if not found criminally guilty because of reasonable doubt, there's probably something that they found worth pursuing.
    Charges dropped. Not enough evidence. Guess he can counter sue now for getting his career ruined. Hope whoever it was has money. I reckon he can sue all his employers as well.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Doesn't mean he'll win.

Those messages are probably more what led to them deciding, hey we probably don't want him on our show anymore.

Whoever leaked the messages sure if he can figure that out. But a public relations reason is more than enough for his position.