User Tag List

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Podcasts

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chavo Guerrero, Jr was on episode 7 of Piper's Pit. Guerrero and Piper had many shared stories. I didn't realize how old Chavo actually was.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I have no idea how you can listen to that rambling old bitch piper for over an hour. He's a tedious man
    Last edited by MikeHunt; May 21st, 2014 at 11:13 PM. Reason: You can not toucan. Dumb bitch mike

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably because they're birds and don't have much else to do.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love road stories, and I find Piper's amongst the most entertaining. Yea he rambles on bit, especially in the first 3 episodes. He is tightening it up a bit, but I don't want Piper to lose his identity in that. The guy has such amazing stories, and pulls little to no punches. I appreciate it, and look forward to more.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Probably because they're birds and don't have much else to do.

haha! Fuck you! Hahaha

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    I have no idea how you can listen to that rambling old bitch piper for over an hour. He's a tedious man
    Roddy Piper is one the greatest of all times and he starred in They Live, you silly goose.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AOW episode 200 is great. A cool collection of different clips from the many people he's interviewed including Claudio and Bryan before they were big names.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whose better at their podcast? JR or Piper?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Both shite

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    WHO IS WORSE more like

President of sex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSlim21 View Post
    Whose better at their podcast? JR or Piper?
    To be honest, the Jim Ross podcast is not good at all. Very strange. It's like he has no confidence whatsoever. Podcasting is not his thing. It's actually hard to listen to. With Piper's podcast, it's not great, but at least it's Piper.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    My thoughts on the Podcasters on the whole

1) Steve Austin - Just the best around. I didn't want to like him as I hated his wrestling character but he's easily the top guy
    2) Chris Jericho - A bit of a lousy interviewer in that he always brings it back to his career
    3) Roddy Piper - Can be difficult to hear/understand
    4) Jim Ross - Often sounds drunk when doing the podcast... he rambles and forgets information

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been loving the Austin one, I started with the Hey man and Bischoff ones. Downloading vaders now

Andy
    Bubba Dudley on Jericho's was good.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho bothers me as a podcaster. He's just so into himself in a way that makes me roll my eyes when listening to his show.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You should listen to Cewshcast, we're not so much into ourselves, but we love to get into each other.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know I listen to it, stupid.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mills View Post
    I've been loving the Austin one, I started with the Hey man and Bischoff ones. Downloading vaders now
    Vader's was pretty good. I'll give Bubba Dudley on Jericho a listen, but I haven't listened to the last 4 or so of his.

The last few Art of Wrestling shows have been really great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sancty View Post
    My thoughts on the Podcasters on the whole

1) Steve Austin - Just the best around. I didn't want to like him as I hated his wrestling character but he's easily the top guy
    2) Chris Jericho - A bit of a lousy interviewer in that he always brings it back to his career
    3) Roddy Piper - Can be difficult to hear/understand
    4) Jim Ross - Often sounds drunk when doing the podcast... he rambles and forgets information
    I would change this to...

1) Steve Austin - Just the best around.
    2) The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana - The second best. He has gotten way better at interviewing, and better at getting out of the way of the conversation.
    3) TIED Roddy Piper/Chris Jericho - I like Jericho when he is interviewing most wrestlers, but not the biggest fan of him interviewing those that are not. Piper rambles and has no direction at times, but ends up with some of the best stories I've ever heard.
    10) Jim Ross - I couldn't even get into the Shawn Michaels shows.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    4) Cewshcast 5000 (working title)

We're definitely better than JR.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe you should link to it in here also? I usually stay away from the Cewsh Reviews thread. I feel dirty posting in there. Dunno why.

Andy
    I enjoy Jericho but I never bother with the non-wrestler ones. He's pretty arrogant but really interesting and insightful.

I find JR an absolute chore to listen to but I will when he has interesting guests. The Goldberg one was really good.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    4) Cewshcast 5000 (working title)

We're definitely better than JR.
    Hey, Hero. Question.

Since I've sort of been going off on tangents about WWE's camera work... I went back and watched some of WWF's RAW's and PPV's and they didn't do the overly shaky zoom-in-out style. Nothing that even remotely resembles what we get today. I'd like for you guys to each touch on why you think they've stuck with it this long and if you think it's distorting things more than accentuating them. Sometimes not even the replays are unwatchable to the point where I feel like I can't even see the move that just happened! Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    maybe you should link to it in here also? I usually stay away from the Cewsh Reviews thread. I feel dirty posting in there. Dunno why.

Episode 8 - Pat Patterson is Our Hero

Episode 7 - The Fantasy Draft
    Episode 6 - Wee Love WeeLC Matches
    Episode 5 - Keep Rollin', Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'
    Episode 4 - Keep or Fire?
    Episode 3 - The Curse of the Silver Monkey
    Episode 2 - El Segundo
    Episode 1 - Pilot

All 8 of our current episodes. We're pulling double duty this week and releasing episode 9 as well as a CHIKARA special edition for anyone interested in getting into the 3rd best promotion in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Hey, Hero. Question.

Since I've sort of been going off on tangents about WWE's camera work... I went back and watched some of WWF's RAW's and PPV's and they didn't do the overly shaky zoom-in-out style. Nothing that even remotely resembles what we get today. I'd like for you guys to each touch on why you think they've stuck with it this long and if you think it's distorting things more than accentuating them. Sometimes not even the replays are unwatchable to the point where I feel like I can't even see the move that just happened! Thanks
    I'm forcing Cewsh to put this into next week's questions. We already recording this week's show, but this is something i'd love to tackle.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The James Storm podcasts were great. Good blend of wrestling and non-wrestling. The story of his first date with his wife is proof TNA did something right among their ridiculousness.

JR's last 2 podcasts with Goldberg and Beadle were solid, meaning i wasn't bored. I think Beadle is probably the first to go public with a negative feeling towards Punk where most are indifferent to him on the record.

I still think Colt is the best. He's done it longer. He gets the most out of each guest even if they're someone who doesn't jump out at you. Ian Rotten was pretty decent. Interesting the Heenan and Guerrero stories

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSlim21 View Post
    I still think Colt is the best. He's done it longer. He gets the most out of each guest even if they're someone who doesn't jump out at you. Ian Rotten was pretty decent. Interesting the Heenan and Guerrero stories
    The Ian Rotten interview was really good. I didn't expect much from it, but I should've. Colt and Punk kinda got their first big breaks down there. I find it interesting that someone like him wound up in Louisville.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i liked the vader one, the sound sucked though since it was on Skype. Im looking forward to the next installment though

Are there any past austin podcasts worth downloading? Ive listened to the Bischoff, Heyman and Storm episodes so far

Andy
    The vast majority of Austin ones are worth a listen. The Ric Flair ones are great. Big Show, Cena, Regal...loads of them.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cena one is incredible.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i liked the vader one, the sound sucked though since it was on Skype. Im looking forward to the next installment though

Are there any past austin podcasts worth downloading? Ive listened to the Bischoff, Heyman and Storm episodes so far
    Flair, Cena, Hall, Regal, X-Pac, Michaels, Hart, Nash, Trish, Angle, Cornette. I haven't heard a bad one from him yet, but I have only listened to the ones where he interviews wrestlers.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones with Gabriel Iglesias are quite fun.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cornette has Kevin Sullivan on this week for the first half of a two-parter. Should be a good one, Sullivan is a good interview.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Austin and JR Podcasts are really good ones to listen to each week. I have to say, I am a little disappointed in the Roddy Piper one's. They are definitely entertaining, but man are they all over the place and just hard to sit and listen through.

With Goldberg coming out with one now, I think we may see some more wrestling podcasts come out. I think Edge would be a great host of a podcast, similar to a Jericho podcast, in terms of entertainment value and knowledge of the business. Maybe when his WWE run is over, maybe we will get a Paul Heyman podcast, which would be awesome.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Flair, Cena, Hall, Regal, X-Pac, Michaels, Hart, Nash, Trish, Angle, Cornette. I haven't heard a bad one from him yet, but I have only listened to the ones where he interviews wrestlers.
    All of his interviews are good. The Sonnen one was damn good, and the Dave Millican episode was cool just to know how they make the championship belts.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i downloaded the second half of the Vader one, good stuff. Im hearing the commercials for Jericho and JRs but the guests sound so much more withdrawn then with Austin though

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FL Punk View Post
    The Austin and JR Podcasts are really good ones to listen to each week. I have to say, I am a little disappointed in the Roddy Piper one's. They are definitely entertaining, but man are they all over the place and just hard to sit and listen through.

With Goldberg coming out with one now, I think we may see some more wrestling podcasts come out. I think Edge would be a great host of a podcast, similar to a Jericho podcast, in terms of entertainment value and knowledge of the business. Maybe when his WWE run is over, maybe we will get a Paul Heyman podcast, which would be awesome.
    The commercial for the Goldberg one made it seem that wrestlign wouldnt be much of a focus

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made the mistake of listening to Konnan's podcast with Vince Russo as guest. The dude is just fucking insufferable. Nothing was ever his fault, everything he wrote was good, other people screwed up. At one point they asked him what needed to change in wrestling and his response was like "It's so obvious, but I'm not going to give it away for free." Yes, of course Vince Russo knows exactly what needs to change in wrestling. That's why the wrestling companies he wrote for the last ten years were so fucking successful.

On the other hand, he did admit the Oklahoma character was wrong. So there was that.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest episode of the Ross Report with the Million Dollar Man was a very good episode, but really looking forward to his next one with Kurt Angle since they are going to talk about his personal demons and hopefully some talk about him making one more WWE run to end his career.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Where's Rock, Vince, Trips and Taker eh Austin?! Get it sorted. Fucking Justin Credible this week.

Andy
    Yeah I had thought he said Rock was in the bag, he was going to visit Taker soon and Trips and Vince had both agreed. Must've been wrong about Rock.

Does JR talk about his hospital visit?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    MVP was good on Jericho's this week, but I preferred his AOW interview.

Gotta check out Credible on Austin's later. His story was pretty interesting when he was on AOW. Love to hear how everything's been since then.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Drew Mac on Jericho's this week was great. I hope Jericho keeps interviewing the guys who just got let go. What a great outlet to give their side of the story.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • Looking at his upcoming podcast schedule, JR has some big names coming up that I am excited for:

- Lance Storm 06/24/2014 - 6:00pm PST
      *Kinda surprised he has doesn't Jericho's podcast yet

• Guest - Kurt Angle 07/01/2014 - 6:00pm PST
      *This one should be a really great podcast. When he pitched it on the last Austin Unleashed podcast, they are going to be talking about his ups and downs the past.

• Guest - Bubba Dudley aka Bully Ray 07/08/2014 - 6:00pm PST
      *His appearances on Jericho, Austin and Piper's Pit have all been good, sure that this one will be good.

• Guest - Sting 07/15/2014 - 6:00pm PST
      *For obvious reasons, this one will be good. Wonder how long they spend on him never being in WWE.

Has some very interesting ones in August that should be really good with Vince Russo, Bill Watts and think the Stan Hansen one has potential to be really good.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got done listening to the last Jericho podcast with McIntyre. Very good episode and he has a very positive attitude. He'll be back in the WWE sooner than later. Hopefully he'll go over to Japan and do some ROH shows, rather than get caught up in TNA, to keep on working. Out of everyone released, I am sure they will keeping an eye on what he is doing. Maybe they'll bring him back as a Paul Heyman guy down the road.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Would he go TNA with his ex back on the road, pretty acrimonious between them no? I know business is business but that could be part of the consideration.

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a Jericho - Heyman - Edge Podcast, Part 1 in a 2 Part Series at the moment, just started it on my drive to work, going to finish it tonight -- it's been great so far. Austin and Russo was pretty great too.

Man I love podcasts at the moment, between Austin, TiJ and Cheap Heat, my drive to work is almost tolerable.

Almost.

I'm a little more open to listening to JR and his opinions, I agree with some, but man, he's a little depressing.

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    I'm a little more open to listening to JR and his opinions, I agree with some, but man, he's a little depressing.
    Agree he is a miserable old man.

I can't stand to listen to him for any duration. I only listen to his podcast if it's a guest I really want to hear. (and guest I haven't already heard on another podcast)
    Last edited by Cold_Hearted_Truth; June 25th, 2014 at 9:01 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jericho w/ Heyman and Edge pt 1 was awesome.

Listened to Storm on JR's and not only did JR take up the first 35 minutes with his own babbling, but he barely let Lance get a word in. Everything turned into some old story from JR that had to 1-up whatever Lance had to say. Storm was great on Colt & Austin's podcasts, so I was pretty upset that JR dominated the conversation.

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I had started listening to it, but when I saw Jericho appear on my podkicker app with the Heyman-Edge I was in the middle of listening to JR rant... it was an easy choice to switch over. Heh.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded the Russo edition of stonecolds podcast, but didn't get to listen to it yet. Os it any good?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded the Russo edition of stonecolds podcast, but didn't get to listen to it yet. Os it any good?
    It's not too bad. I think the one that Russo does with JR in a few weeks will be a little bit better since they will probably get into a little more deeper conversation about the attitude era and booking.

Andy
    The Jericho/Edge/Heyman podcasts are absolutely fantastic. Heyman telling the story of how he got rehired and Brock's mics skills had me in stitches.

I know Jericho can come across as pretty arrogant but it's obvious he has a brilliant mind for the business and Heyman is off the charts. The story of the Smackdown six is really interesting and makes you wish they let Heyman book some more stuff.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I listened to both of them in a oner, couldnt put them down. Really fun listen, was more like just listening to a chat rather than a podcast. I was howling at the Jerry Lawler joke in there too.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Over 30 minutes of Jim Ross blabber to get to Lance Storm. It's amazing that for a guy as passionate as J.R. when calling a match he's as dry as toast when hosting a podcast.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    To be fair, the Jericho podcast with Edge/Heyman was littered with ads from the get go. I am a little tired of his Egypt picking match gimmick as well. Still, it was great to hear about the inner workings of Raw and Smackdown when Heyman was booking. I had no idea that Smackdown was going to be shit canned. That is hella interesting.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listened to the Tough Enough episode on Austin's podcast, really interesting to hear from those guys. Whatever happened to Martin Caucus anyways? I always thought he could've won the whole thing

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    To be fair, the Jericho podcast with Edge/Heyman was littered with ads from the get go. I am a little tired of his Egypt picking match gimmick as well. Still, it was great to hear about the inner workings of Raw and Smackdown when Heyman was booking. I had no idea that Smackdown was going to be shit canned. That is hella interesting.

The Egypt stuff is dreadful!

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed listening to the new Ross Report with Ronda Roussey. Hopefully they (the WWE and Roussey) are able to come to an agreement for her to appear in the near future, would be a great get to increase PPV buys.

He did hype up next week's episode with Kurt Angle, which should be very good. The one he did with Austin a while back was really good, but this one seems good with them talking about his recent addiction issues and his future in wrestling.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chris Daniels pt 2 was great. Loved him doing a few minutes of curry man for us. I forgot how brillz that gimmick was.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the Daniels one too, he comes across so smart. It makes me wish he could've stuck a run with WWE, though its probably too late for that now.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest episode of The Art of Wrestling (episode 206) has Mason Ryan on it.

What a good dude. I wish he was able to put 1/10th of his own self behind his character. He is so down to earth, and is able to laugh at himself. Great interview, and really changed my view of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancty View Post
    Over 30 minutes of Jim Ross blabber to get to Lance Storm. It's amazing that for a guy as passionate as J.R. when calling a match he's as dry as toast when hosting a podcast.
    Amen.

I can only listen to him if it's a guest I really really want to listen to and/or haven't heard on another podcast already. The guy just seems to endlessly ramble on and on (on top of the ads) on the podcasts of his that I have listened to.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it that hard to just just skip ahead 20 minutes until you hear the guests voice? On every one of these wrestling podcasts I usually only listen if it's a guest I care about and do exactly that. Hey presto no more Jim Ross and Jericho blabber for you guys to come in here and moan about.

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it that hard to ignore those posts?

Serious question.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Episode 207 sees the referee of Chikara Bryce Remsburg as the guest. They talk about how Bryce got into the business, some of the Chikara goings on, and some of their favorite memories in the business and of the business.

The song of the day is one of the best themes of all time, and Bryce personally requested it.

Andy
    Kurt Angle was basically begging WWE to come and get him in JR's podcast and says the first man he'd want to face is Daniel Bryan.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin made a few mistakes this week.

Firstly, when talking about the Road Warriors he muttered about wanting to have "mike" on the podcast. Mike being hawk, who is dead.

Second was about KENTA. he seemed confused about the two kentas. The one the wwe has signed is a youngish fella, Austin said he was 47, which is kenta Kobayashi.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm shocked the IWC hasn't created an official petition to have JR and Punk do commentary for a New Japan iPPV based on JR's podcast

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Goldberg's podcast is the worst thing ever. Won't be tuning into that again.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listened to Cornette's podcast with Storm this week. They specifically talked about the booking of the Attitude Era and hot shotting in wrestling. It was really interesting, although it's pretty well-covered ground, particularly on Cornette's end. I did like his story of Memphis and the concession stand brawl and how that was an example of good hot shotting, as they didn't have the horses to draw money at that time, but that angle and the subsequent matches drew money, which allowed them to bring in some better talent and also gave them time to get some new guys over. And once they had a better show, they could let things cool down.

And I think there's a logic to the idea that the Attitude Era has led to a long down period in wrestling in America. I think they've largely course-corrected a this point and gone away from hot shotting and running huge angles all the time, but it took them years before they stopped trying to get that fire restarted and now they have to train their audience not to expect huge stuff to happen every single week, and that's a process that can take years.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Tommy on Austin's podcast was really good. A $110 million to get ECW? I don't care how much Vince had invested in it, its a $110 million dollars! How you can have an open relationship with Beulah at home is beyond me? Tommy's mindset after ECW went belly up was pretty dark.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will we get the Virgilcast?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Tommy on Austin's podcast was really good. A $110 million to get ECW? I don't care how much Vince had invested in it, its a $110 million dollars! How you can have an open relationship with Beulah at home is beyond me? Tommy's mindset after ECW went belly up was pretty dark.
    Try again in English please. This almost sounds interesting, but I can't understand you

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listened to 5 minutes of the Goldberg podcast, I deleted it. Just bad.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    So from what i can decipher Dreamer from lotjx's ramblings likes to shag about? Never would of thought it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a dream world, who are your top five fantasy podcasts?

5) Kevin Nash. This correlates heavily with who is a good shoot interview, and Nash is on the Mount Rushmore of shoot interviews. Intelligent, tons of stories, articulate, would be able to get good guests.

4) CM Punk. Good chance to happen, because he's going to need something to do. A guy with a great mind for the business, an independent thinker, and he doesn't give a single fuck about anything. Also seems like a guy who would be able to put "smart" fans in their place.

3) Triple H. Another guy whose brain you want to get inside. Both his wrestling and front office careers are incredibly interesting.

2) Paul Heyman. Top five podcast guest of all-time, was involved in one of the best episodes of every podcast he's even been on. Great mind for the business, great talker, tons of connections in the industry. Also able to talk about things other than wrestling in an interesting way.

1) Vince McMahon. I wouldn't even want guests. Just him sitting there in a room talking. "I was flipping channels last night and 'There's Something About Mary' was on. Goddamn, that's the funniest shit I've ever seen." "So I was thinking, 'goddamn, we need more Japs on the roster." "...and that's why I stopped drinking tequila."

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I agree with a Punk podcast, but although he is done as things stands I would hope he doesnt go about burning all his bridges, especially given that WWE finally seems to have put any animosity aside as regards promoting Punks career as opposed to not mentioning him for months.

Andy
    Did I just imagine that Stone Cold said he had Rock in the bag? I was sure he said that in one of his post-Mania ones. Kinda gutted he's not got Taker, Trips or Vince yet after they all agreed.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Try again in English please. This almost sounds interesting, but I can't understand you
    In the first part the the Austin interview with Tommy Dreamer, Tommy talks about the end of ECW. Tommy and Guido were running the office, and there was an investor that wanted to buy into ECW with a $110 million dollar loan. They had a line into the USA channel, and were going to move their TNN show over there. Everything was set up, and they needed Paul to fax over some paper work, and go to the meeting the following day. The fax never came that night, and the next morning Tommy got a fax with just the receivables for ECW nothing more. But the big kicker is that Paul Heyman never showed up to the meeting. Thus effectively killing the whole deal. Paul had already signed something with Vince, and didn't tell any of the guys about it.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listened to 5 minutes of the Goldberg podcast, I deleted it. Just bad.
    Yep, I agree with this whole heartedly. It is far too bad for me to even give it a second listen until I hear someone else of note to rave about it. Once Goldberg won the WCW title, I kinda checked out of the WCW product. I peeked into the first hour that was before RAW to watch the cruiserweights, but that was about it.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gotten this feeling from him that he feels above wrestling now, but it's why he ever became famous. Plus, whenever they go over the guests on the show, they never mention wrestlers

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's probably fair to say that Goldberg was one of those guys who just viewed wrestling as a job and a means to an end rather than a passion. Which is fine and in some ways healthy, but it doesn't make for as good a podcast as somebody like Austin or Piper who just lives and breathes the stuff.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Plus Goldberg just really isn't interesting to listen to. Austin does full podcasts just talking to himself and they're just as entertaining as when he's got a guest.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin's rats are more interesting then Goldberg. Fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim Cornette's most recent podcast with Lance Storm as the guest was quite fascinating. Lots of stuff about the Attitude Era specifically, and hotshotting in general.

Corny's opinions occasionally are a bit over the top, but this one was a great listen. Right here, if you're so inclined.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how there are multiple points where Cornette says things that are so old school that Storm can't even wrap his head around them. Like them he's talking about the ROH match where one guy injured another guy with a Piledriver and then Tweeted that he was sorry and Cornette says he should have stayed in character and Tweeted that he didn't care if the guy died. It's just something that's hard to fathom today that there was a time where people would go to any length to protect kayfabe. The story of the guy who was in the plane crash with Flair and wrestled a few matches with a broken back so that people wouldn't know he was traveling with heels is amazing. The story of Hogan and the Samoans being pulled over, them finding a gun in the glove compartment, and the Samoans refusing to talk to the police even after Hogan told them to say it was Hogan's gun (it was).

It's very interesting to me how Cornette and Russo are such diametric opposites that they come back around and have a similar philosophy. Both guys are obsessed with trying to make people believe wrestling is real. Russo does it with worked shoots, Cornette does it with a lack of self-awareness. If a guy who injured another guy Tweeted that he hoped the guy died, people wouldn't believe he was telling the truth. They would be mad that he was trying to use a tragedy to further a wrestling storyline.

But I do sort of agree with Cornette. If I ran a wrestling promotion, I would probably enforce some form of kayfabe. I definitely wouldn't let guys who were feuding travel together or be seen in public being friendly. I would be very strict about what wrestlers were allowed to post on Twitter and Instagram. And I would tell the guys to keep some semblance of character while in public. It might seem crazy, but it's worked for Undertaker. He's ruthlessly protected his character over the years, and as a result he's maintained an air of legitimacy even though his character is fundamentally absurd. I remember hearing Chavo say on a podcast that when him and Eddie were working a program together they wouldn't travel together or see each other at all outside the locker room.

I guess it just comes down to we allow people to believe if they want to believe.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    CM Punk on Nerdist's San Diego Live Podcast. Already sold out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizoOzz View Post
    Jim Cornette's most recent podcast with Lance Storm as the guest was quite fascinating. Lots of stuff about the Attitude Era specifically, and hotshotting in general.

Corny's opinions occasionally are a bit over the top, but this one was a great listen. Right here, if you're so inclined.
    Oh, Lance Storm was on that podcast too??

Cornette does nothing but run down everything in the business today. Mind you he claims not to follow the products. Cornette still living in the wrestling business of 20-25+ years ago. It's the same reason he got kicked to the curb in favor of Russo (where he still holds the grudge).

When Storm got the opportunity to speak......I enjoyed listening to well thought out opinions. Cornettte just rants for the sake of ranting.

I loved when Cornette responded to the email/tweet that he couldn't stop bashing Russo because he makes too much off it & all he really talks about......absolutely true. Ever notice how many times when he talks about the past, about anything, he always brings it back to Russo? It never fails. Beating a dead horse after awhile. We get it. You didn't like the guy.

I've enjoyed Cornette's commentaries (YouShoots, etc...) in the past above 99% of all others, but really needs to give the Russo thing a rest. I really felt bad for Storm on the podcast. The guy couldnt get a word in & was seemingly speechless after all the rambling bullshit Cornette would bring up (and subsequently Cornette would ask for Lance's approval on the 5 minutes of rambling horseshit Cornette would bring up)
    Last edited by Cold_Hearted_Truth; July 19th, 2014 at 2:24 AM.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    I love how there are multiple points where Cornette says things that are so old school that Storm can't even wrap his head around them. Like them he's talking about the ROH match where one guy injured another guy with a Piledriver and then Tweeted that he was sorry and Cornette says he should have stayed in character and Tweeted that he didn't care if the guy died. It's just something that's hard to fathom today that there was a time where people would go to any length to protect kayfabe. The story of the guy who was in the plane crash with Flair and wrestled a few matches with a broken back so that people wouldn't know he was traveling with heels is amazing. The story of Hogan and the Samoans being pulled over, them finding a gun in the glove compartment, and the Samoans refusing to talk to the police even after Hogan told them to say it was Hogan's gun (it was).

It's very interesting to me how Cornette and Russo are such diametric opposites that they come back around and have a similar philosophy. Both guys are obsessed with trying to make people believe wrestling is real. Russo does it with worked shoots, Cornette does it with a lack of self-awareness. If a guy who injured another guy Tweeted that he hoped the guy died, people wouldn't believe he was telling the truth. They would be mad that he was trying to use a tragedy to further a wrestling storyline.

But I do sort of agree with Cornette. If I ran a wrestling promotion, I would probably enforce some form of kayfabe. I definitely wouldn't let guys who were feuding travel together or be seen in public being friendly. I would be very strict about what wrestlers were allowed to post on Twitter and Instagram. And I would tell the guys to keep some semblance of character while in public. It might seem crazy, but it's worked for Undertaker. He's ruthlessly protected his character over the years, and as a result he's maintained an air of legitimacy even though his character is fundamentally absurd. I remember hearing Chavo say on a podcast that when him and Eddie were working a program together they wouldn't travel together or see each other at all outside the locker room.

I guess it just comes down to we allow people to believe if they want to believe.
    So I don't really agree with this.

When you watch TV shows, would you be pissed if you saw Dexter hanging out with John Lithgow outside of the show? It doesn't make sense to me. Almost everyone in the world knows that wrestling is fake, it's ok. Just dont admit it on the show for christ sakes. John Cena shouldn't be talking about entertaining fans, he should be talking about being a hero to his fans and winning championships.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestling is a different animal than scripted television. It's the same reason that it's okay to portray rape, murder, and other things on TV shows that it's not okay to do on wrestling. Wrestling is more akin to reality TV. If two people were supposed to hate each other on a reality TV show and then you saw them hanging out outside the ring, it would kind of ruin the illusion. I think the other justification for keeping the guys apart is that it would make it easier for them to seem to dislike each other if they didn't know each other as well.

It's not really the actual thing that counts here, it's more a symptom of the mindset that the show shouldn't be taken seriously and we shouldn't both to try to make wrestling seem real.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That illusion has been destroyed for years. You have heels doing be a star promos, press conferences where they're feet apart and they do nothing.

Wrestling is a scripted sport, not reality tv

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reality TV comparison is apt because reality TV is a work that people generally treat as a shoot. Either the viewers aren't smartened up or they just suspend their disbelief while watching it. That's the position that wrestling occupied for a long time, where most people knew something was up, but they didn't quite know just what was and how much was real and how much was fake.

And if you haven't checked it out yet, listen to Austin's podcast with Ken Shamrock. They don't even get to UFC or his time in the WWF in part one. It's all about his early life. I'd heard bits of his story before, but it's amazing he made it. He was abused by various parent figures, molested, had terrible anger problems. Bob Shamrock literally saved his life. One of Austin's best skills as a host is that he knows when to shut up and let the other guy talk, and he makes use of that skill on this one.
    Last edited by The Law; July 22nd, 2014 at 8:44 PM.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus this Shamrock podcast is rough

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I don't know if it was Kurt as the guest but in the two-part Ross Report with Kurt Angle, J.R. didn't come off as unlikeable as he has been to this point.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hey Andy, what's a brother gotta do to get Cewshcast added to the first post? We're better than JR, Cornette, Piper, and Goldberg's shows and as good as Jericho and Colt's. Plus, I'M on it.

Listened to the Dreamer 2-parter, good stuff. Never knew Tommy so weird. I'm actually sad that Colt's upload is all fucked up. I love me some AOW on Thursday morning.

Andy
    I'm extremely lazy so if you can format the tagged link for me I'll paste it in

If you want the other ones too please do the same

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shamrock was a tough listen, in terms of content. You know shit was gonna get real when Austin jumped in with no bullshit in the beginning.

Just finished AJ w/ JR. Decent listen. Some clarity on his TNA departure and I see both sides to it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missy Hyatt on Cornette this week. She's a huge wrestling fan and her and Cornette end up reminiscing about old wrestling the whole time, so not much of any discussion of her career.

Cornette: "You're one of the only women I didn't get to put over in a match. I could keep my heat as long as the midgets and women always beat me."

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Jericho-Ryder podcast was funny, but somewhat sad considering where Zack is right now.

I wouldn't say he's the most talented lad in the world, but he was immensely over. At least to the extent of whatever Ziggler is at for the moment. And he did that himself, it's a shame.

The real reason I'm posting in this thread though is because I've listened to so much of Austin this year that I can't help but ring/text/snapchat my friends and even just turn to my wife and yell out MAKING MONEY IN THIS...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear every time I listen to Austin I say that I'm just going to skip the guest...and then I end up listening to 20 minutes of his rambling. The shit with the rats is hilarious. "Don't you Back Drop that fucker, you'll expose the business." His riffing on traffic in LA. The shit with his wife, family, and dogs. He just seems like an incredibly cool and down to earth guy, which is kind of amazing considering the life he's had.

I'm really, really hoping that his big guests are coming the next few weeks. It would make sense if he got Vince and Triple H while they were in LA for Summerslam. I was so jacked when he said he was going to have them, Taker, and Rock. And why the fuck won't Hogan on? I know he's not that busy. Doesn't he have something to promote? Austin even shilled for Bischoff's shitty beer.