User Tag List

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
Results 2,901 to 3,000 of 3149

Thread: Wrestling Podcasts

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They must drink a lot of coffee to talk that long!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that some people are just trying to cram all the info into their heads as fast as possible. I could never listen to a podcast on a faster speed. Part of the experience for me is enjoying the conversation.

Of course I also have an absolute ass ton of time to listen to podcasts. I listen to every damn thing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I lose hours of my life listening to Jim Cornette. Bruce Prichard also has some good ones.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I liked how Jericho noted that they had made plans for him to take a charter flight from his Fozzy concert in New Hampshire, direct to Mania, for him to go directly to the ring. And Jericho would have been cool with that, and just calling the match in the ring. DB would have been fine, but they felt Kevin and especially Sami would not, as they need to have everything planned out and rehearsed in advance.
    I can vouch for this... randomly at Mania we could see through a tiny gap in the curtain a few yards from our seat and see two rings set up below the seating area. Bryan, KO & Sami were there walking through the whole match for like an hour before they went on.

Simon
    Started listening to the Prichard podcast recently. Pretty good but the interviewer guy is so irritating.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Started listening to the Prichard podcast recently. Pretty good but the interviewer guy is so irritating.
    I think most people are annoyed with Conrad at first, me included. After a while you more or less get used to him though.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prichard is so full of shit 99% of the time that I find that podcast unlistenable.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I get that some people are just trying to cram all the info into their heads as fast as possible. I could never listen to a podcast on a faster speed. Part of the experience for me is enjoying the conversation.

Of course I also have an absolute ass ton of time to listen to podcasts. I listen to every damn thing.
    I listen at 2x speed and I enjoy the conversation just as much. When you listen that fast and go back to regular speed, you realize they drag ass when they talk and there's dead silence a lot. I guess that's "enjoying the conversation" but it sounds like wasted time to me haha.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Prichard is so full of shit 99% of the time that I find that podcast unlistenable.
    I'm mostly interested in his stories from being on the road with Dusty Rhodes or Savage and Liz, that kind of stuff. When it comes to Vince McMahon/Triple H/Steph and the backstage/business side he's mostly full of shit and a complete conman. Well, you know..

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    I love how slapdash it is, the number of times the other bloke asks a question and Prichard goes "I dont remember"

Interesting that you guys say he's full of shit, Prichard seems to me a lot less self-serving and full of shit than most of the people from the old era who all try to convince you that the good stuff was down to them and the bad stuff was nothing to do with them. What is his rep like generally, I know the name but not a huge amount about him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prichard is pretty good about not claiming credit for everything. When he says something was his idea I tend to believe him because he doesn't do it that often.

His bullshitting is usual more that he'll go to great pains to defend WWE against any charge that they did something wrong, or even that something was a bad idea. And he's hypersensitive to any criticism of things he came up with. And I think a lot of his stuff with Meltzer is schtick, but it's still kind of hilarious that he and Schiavone are so obsessed with Meltzer. Like, Big Dave should have to pay rent for the space he occupies in their heads.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of the time I find Conrad annoying when goes to great lengths to call out Prichard for refusing to say that something was crap was crap - and Conrad berates Prichard for defending an angle when Prichard already had admitted it was a bad angle, Prichard goes on to say what the thinking/hope was before the angle, or why they tried it. Prichard will say "I don't know" or "I only heard about it after the fact" or "I wasn't there" instead of ripping on something that we all know sucked ass.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Interesting Frosty says Pritchard is full of shit when Bruce openly mocks and shits all over Frostys best friend and go to source Dave 'No bullshit at all , 7 1/2 stars because it was in NJ, WWE sucks' Meltzer

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Interesting Frosty says Pritchard is full of shit when Bruce openly mocks and shits all over Frostys best friend and go to source Dave 'No bullshit at all , 7 1/2 stars because it was in NJ, WWE sucks' Meltzer
    Jesus christ...why does it bother you so much? who fucking cares you complete lunatic.

Simon
    Who is Frosty?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Defrost.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I listen at 2x speed and I enjoy the conversation just as much. When you listen that fast and go back to regular speed, you realize they drag ass when they talk and there's dead silence a lot. I guess that's "enjoying the conversation" but it sounds like wasted time to me haha.
    I don't even know how this is even possible.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I don't even know how this is even possible.
    The execution of 2x speed or the idea of consistently listening and actually retaining what is being said?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just retaining what is being said in that fast a speed. especially when it's a 3-4 hour show lol

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just retaining what is being said in that fast a speed. especially when it's a 3-4 hour show lol
    It's just fast when you first begin the listening experience. It's just like anything, you feel sort of lost at first when you're learning or trying something new. The more you do it, the easier it becomes. And then you save a lot of time. A LOT of time.

I've got this, Shoemaker's pod, Brian Campbell's pod, Sam Roberts, Austin, Ross, Jericho, and then a few other sports or culture pods I listen to every day. There's no way to keep up with all of them listening at regular speed. Granted, I don't listen to Austin and Jericho's pods every week, but still, the other stuff not wrestling that I listen to more than make up for it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really enjoying the Bischoff podcast. Great insight and stories, him disputing a lot of the public narrative on WCW, and him being feisty and cutting promos on people. They're really going with the hits as far as topics, I wonder if they have an end date on this because they're not being shy about going to the biggest topics right away. And it's nice to hear him be like "Yeah, I fucked that up" because it seems like everyone always passes the buck on wrestling podcasts.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    I'm really enjoying the Bischoff podcast. Great insight and stories, him disputing a lot of the public narrative on WCW, and him being feisty and cutting promos on people. They're really going with the hits as far as topics, I wonder if they have an end date on this because they're not being shy about going to the biggest topics right away. And it's nice to hear him be like "Yeah, I fucked that up" because it seems like everyone always passes the buck on wrestling podcasts.
    They might be thinking that if it doesn't pop off like say the Prichard show, they want to bang out as many big topics as they can before it gets put out of it's misery. I've yet to listen to it. I'll be honest, the big hesitation is that Bischoff is extremely quick to dispute something, but then will say he can't remember how it went down but whatever narrative is out there is a lie....Well, how do you know if you can't remember?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My stance on the quality of them, though both Prichard and Bischoff's pods are about old subjects, I've heard enough of both that no matter the topic, I'll want to listen to Prichard's immediately and Bischoff's can be listened whenever I feel like it.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just started the first episode with Bischoff. I've heard people say the show has already gotten much better after three shows.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the first one was the weakest. He was way more engaged and entertaining in the second two episodes. First one was like a deposition with Conrad having to pry stuff out of him, second one he started opening up and telling some stories on his own. And cutting promos on people. He shit on Jim Cornette, Kevin Sullivan, Bret.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Was just going to say the same. I've watched episode #1 and #3 and is about halfway through #2 now and Bischoff is certainly starting to loosen up and having a bit fun with it. First show felt like an interrogation like I mentioned earlier.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law
    Yeah, the first one was the weakest. He was way more engaged and entertaining in the second two episodes. First one was like a deposition with Conrad having to pry stuff out of him, second one he started opening up and telling some stories on his own. And cutting promos on people. He shit on Jim Cornette, Kevin Sullivan, Bret.
    The first episode was the feeler episode but I enjoyed it still. He's getting more comfortable. Looking forward to the fourth episode.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Damn I am going soft, Getting a bit misty eyed watching this weeks SETWW when Bruce talks about Roddys death at length

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked the Big Show's visit to the Stone Cold podcast. The dude always comes off as someone who's incredibly grateful for his career. Talking about his work with the Special Olympics makes me like him even more.

He talked about recently signing a 3 year contract extension but it allows him a lot more freedom, no more 5 day weeks like he's put in for the past 20 years.

I am having trouble trying to load Cody on the Talk is Jericho podcast - anyone else?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked the Big Show's visit to the Stone Cold podcast. The dude always comes off as someone who's incredibly grateful for his career. Talking about his work with the Special Olympics makes me like him even more.

He talked about recently signing a 3 year contract extension but it allows him a lot more freedom, no more 5 day weeks like he's put in for the past 20 years.

I am having trouble trying to load Cody on the Talk is Jericho podcast - anyone else?
    Do you mean Edge and Christian? If so, no...no problem. It was a good interview.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I meant Edge and Christian

Simon
    Tried listening to Bischoff's podcast (the fingerpoke of doom one) and found the same problem I had with his book...he's so utterly full of shit that it renders the whole thing a waste of time. You couldn't even really describe it as his perspective, because if you accept that he's giving his story as he sees it, he's completely deluded. Everything brilliant was down to him and everything shit was somebody else. I actually found him to be somewhat Trump-like in his self-aggrandising and deflections of things that reflect badly on him.

As with the book, it's only really useful or interesting as a case study into the psychology of Eric Bischoff; as a historical piece it's worthless because there are so many transparent lies, half-truths and manipulations.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i find he is way more truthful than say, pritchard. he takes fault with some things, but at least the insight he puts in is good. i rate his podcast way above something to wrestle with.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOMMY BLACHA, former WWE writer, famous for delivering Mae Young's baby hand, appeared on the Edge and Christian Podcast today.

For those that need an explanation, none will do. For those that don't need an explanation, none will be coming.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anybody going to sign up for the What Happened When patreon? I'm not into that podcast enough to pay for bonus episodes.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law
    Is anybody going to sign up for the What Happened When patreon? I'm not into that podcast enough to pay for bonus episodes.
    I know I won't. I enjoy the show but I already have a $1 subscription to the Keepin' It 100 Patreon.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I tried to listen to the episode on Spring Stampede 1994 but turned it off after 10-15 minutes. Didn't enjoy it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    I won't be signing up but it's a lot more than just bonus shows.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the show likable, but there's just not that much substance to it. Tony's an affable guy, be he just kind of showed up to work most of the time.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I haven't really listened to it since around the time of the wedding. I like the show but I am more focused on other podcasts at the moment.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome hearing one of the Hoodslam boys on the Steve Austin Show! AJ Kirsch

https://www.podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not expect to enjoy the Bob Holly episode of STW with Bruce Prichard, but it was a fun 3 hours to have on in the background whilst I work

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't expect to enjoy it either. Learned a good bit about Holly. BTW I recommend the Pacific Rim Wrestling podcast for those into Japanese wrestling.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hogan did an appearance on Conrad and Bischoff's podcast this week. Hung out and talked about Dusty for awhile.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not expect to enjoy the Bob Holly episode of STW with Bruce Prichard, but it was a fun 3 hours to have on in the background whilst I work
    Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Didn't expect to enjoy it either. Learned a good bit about Holly. BTW I recommend the Pacific Rim Wrestling podcast for those into Japanese wrestling.
    It was a great one. The sleeper episodes are always the best. I suppose because when it comes to the bigger names we've already heard all the stories a thousand times.

"You got 24 hours to learn to fight BITCH!"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gangrel was on E&C's pod and there was an interesting story from Gangrel's perspective. They were all in the Corporate Ministry and Gangrel remembered an instance where the fans were still cheering for The Brood. He said he remembered that he told Edge at that moment, "we're done." His logic, Gangrel was a guy to help get E&C acclimated to the company and the boys in the back but they had bigger aspirations for Edge other than The Brood. Grangel thought, once TPTB realized The Brood was still getting over in that sense and in that setting, they had to pull the plug. If they didn't, that group would have had to stay together and extend longer than the shelf life the company had in mind because they felt like it was coming time to get Edge going again.

Interesting outlook and perspective.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jericho's response episode to the 83 weeks episode about him is great. conrad is the 'guest' and basically does a less confrontational mirror of the bischoff show. really awesome companion pieces for any jericho fan.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conrad has his delivery down to a science. I'm sure it was a half win of sorts since for Bischoff since Jericho did admit he was overly harsh in some details of his book and that he said some things that he shouldn't have.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did allot of driving over the past week and decided to pass the time with some podcasts. I've never listened to STWW before. Conrad and Prichard can be a bit long winded when they cover every conceivable detail, but overall the show is entertaining. Can anyone clue me in on why Bruce hates Meltzer with such a vengeance? Dave brought it up a few months ago, but I can't remember the reason.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori
    I did allot of driving over the past week and decided to pass the time with some podcasts. I've never listened to STWW before. Conrad and Prichard can be a bit long winded when they cover every conceivable detail, but overall the show is entertaining. Can anyone clue me in on why Bruce hates Meltzer with such a vengeance? Dave brought it up a few months ago, but I can't remember the reason.
    Basically taking word from a third party and not verifying it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, Bryan told Sam Roberts on his podcast this week that it's very likely he's re-signing with WWE. He was also asked what his ideal Mania scenario is and he said he hadn't really had that thought process yet. He did say that he has a very quirky relationship with the Rumble, so he did say he'd actually really like to win the Rumble.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, Bryan told Sam Roberts on his podcast this week that it's very likely he's re-signing with WWE. He was also asked what his ideal Mania scenario is and he said he hadn't really had that thought process yet. He did say that he has a very quirky relationship with the Rumble, so he did say he'd actually really like to win the Rumble.
    More than likely Bryan is taking the piss a bit. I think this is one of those occasions WWE has actually long-term planned for.
    Last edited by Badger; August 18th, 2018 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that someone asked Bryan if he thought the WWE could build Miz v. Daniel Bryan for Mania 35 (this was prior to Team Hell No reuniting) and he said no he didn't feel WWE could properly build the match. I have my reservations but I think it's one of those rivalries that people will not get sick of and it could go another 7 months if they had a little break in between.

Look at how long that Bryan v. The Authority angle went. While it wasn't purposely booked that way, there was a good 2-3 months he was fucking with The Shield and The Wyatts and then they brought it back to the Authority. While it wasn't a blowoff it was still a nice build in hindsight even if by accident. Painful but not as painful as Bayley-Sasha.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing at this point that has me sour with Miz/Bryan is adding their wives. I just don't really see the value in it. I take that back, the only way I see value in it is for Bryan and Brie to get the win where Maryse taps. At that point, Bryan gets a nod over Miz but Miz can easily say that he owns a win over Bryan.

There's a lot of different things they can do to extend this, but that feels like the weakest avenue.

I had a write up of Austin's assessment of Summerslam, like I did for his take of NXT, but it was deleted haha. He felt like Miz/Bryan was a solid match but it felt flat in a variety of ways. He felt like too many people were cheering for Miz throughout the match out of respect of the work he's done over the years and his sincerity as a nice guy outside of wrestling. He felt that hurt the heat for a match that had been built on angst. Also, he felt that match was a victim of placement on the card.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This afternoon I finally caught the latest episode of the Edge/Christian podcast with Luke Harper, talking about the Bludgeon Brothers being on top and how he's expecting it to end any minute because he's naturally expecting the worst, and if the worst doesn't happen then its all good. I really enjoyed the podcast as Harper has a great sense of humor and E&C do a great job. Harper talked about their earlier run as they developed the Wyatt Family and I was surprised that Harper/Rowan did not have a title run back then. Harper pointed out he and Rowan initially didn't like each other but once they realized they are better together, their matches got better, since both guys weren't fighting to get their own spots in, etc. Harper's comment that "Rowan is a legit monster, I'm just a fake monster" had me chuckling at my desk at work.

So I was crushed to hear that Rowan has torn his bicep and now they expect to drop the belts tonight on SD.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame about Rowan getting hurt.

But Harper, as a single, could be fantastic in the U.S. title scene.

Or him as Miz's backup against Daniel Bryan.

Bryan/Harper on TV or as an underneath match on the October pay-per-view? Please. All the yes.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard Nattie and TJ on Jericho's podcast, talking about the Anvil.

Nattie spoiled a Total Diva's episode where Anvil is teaching Lana how to throw a shot put. Lana, the attention seeker, puts it through Nattie's car window. Anvil doesn't get how stupid Lana could possibly be.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    That ep was like a year ago.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just enjoyed the Edge and Christian podcast that came out this AM. Since Edge's mom just passed away, Tommy Dreamer stepped in to co- host with Christian. Nice tribute to her. Mark Henry is the guest, and the story about him giving the World's Strongest Slam, literally slamming the shit out of Dreamer, is priceless.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what is everyone listening to on the reg?

I'm basically doing STWW, 83 weeks, both Cornette shows and Notsam and that's about it each week for wrestling.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listening at 2x speed is a must. STWW, E&C, 83 Weeks, NotSam, Masked Man, Jericho (guest dependent), JR, Austin (guest dependent), CBS In this Corner.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried that but I just can't do it. Sounds weird to me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Killing The Town With Lance Storm and Don Callis has gone, since Lance left, from a PHD masterclass on modern wrestling to the Don Callis travel show.

If you want a podcast about the behind the scenes life of someone involved in two major wrestling companies, as an on-air announcer in two separate companies and as the acting President and creative leader of a major company, Killing The Town is just for you.

Callis does everything but pop the popcorn and sling the sodas. And its fascinating to hear his travel stories where he talks about hotels, flights, and the intricacies of what its like to "be elite".

He's hilariously self-absorbed, and he's the most likable asshole around. He's the guy who's too smart for wrestling and isn't afraid to let everyone listening know.

Its fantastic.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long has it been since Lance left the show?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long has it been since Lance left the show?
    Quite a while. Probably, 15 or so episodes.

Callis' co-host is that MMA fighter/stunt man/former indie wrestler Paul Lazenby.

But the best episodes are totally just Don on his own ranting about bad hotels and rude flight attendants.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listening at 2x speed is a must. STWW, E&C, 83 Weeks, NotSam, Masked Man, Jericho (guest dependent), JR, Austin (guest dependent), CBS In this Corner.
    How can that be fun though lol. No idea how you can retain any information at all. I have to assume you miss a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

What Happened When is the best podcast out there folks. My regulars are STWW, WHW, 83 Weeks, and Truth with Consequences. I sometimes listen to Why it Ended if I am interested in the guest.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can that be fun though lol. No idea how you can retain any information at all. I have to assume you miss a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

What Happened When is the best podcast out there folks. My regulars are STWW, WHW, 83 Weeks, and Truth with Consequences. I sometimes listen to Why it Ended if I am interested in the guest.
    Because I get to listen to multiple perspectives and gather insight. I'm not really sure what to say other than I find it entertaining and retain information.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More power to you. I tried it once and I am not able to enjoy the jokes or the stories that way. If you can and listen to it at twice the speed, that's a special skill lol

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More power to you. I tried it once and I am not able to enjoy the jokes or the stories that way. If you can and listen to it at twice the speed, that's a special skill lol
    I'm just used to listening intently to things (having to transcribe a lot). Listening, going back and listening over and over was the lift for a long time, so listening at a faster speed and not having to write is a nice change of pace.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to see Bruce and Conrad in Glasgow tonight, it was a lot of fun. Conrad is such a big fat jolly looking fellow you just want to hug as much of him as you can.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Major wrestling figure podcast is an awesome listen.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hadn't heard this version of the story so I thought it was interesting.

Rollins was on E&C's pod today and mentioned The Shield was originally slated to break up after their handicap match against Punk, which they lost. They pushed for that not to happen. Since they were on borrowed time, creative booked the match against The Wyatt Family. Saw there was more mileage there with The Shield so Vince kept them together. Then that worked its way to the feud with Evolution. The turn wasn't told to them until the day of Raw.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t listened to most of these in awhile. Is Austin’s podcast any good anymore? E and C?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy E&C immensely. I haven't listened to Austin, Ross, or Jericho, in a while

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    I haven’t listened to most of these in awhile. Is Austin’s podcast any good anymore? E and C?
    Austin is on vacation so he's replaying past episodes. E&C is good for the humor/banter and then they have pretty good people on for interviews. Rollins was on for quite a while today.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Austin’s is near unbearable to listen to with all the ad breaks packed into a 75min show. Bruce and Conrad do a lot of ads too, but their shows are 2-3hours.

jerichos is ok when he gets good guests. Too many non-wrestling guests for me though.

JR is trash, colt’s isn’t that great without guests, Robbie E’s is cancelled, Xpac’s is boring, I don’t listen to Lilian’s.

I like the Ryder and Hawkins one, but I’m also a huge action figure collector, so it’s catered directly to me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Everyone should be give inside the ropes a shot, look for the weekly episodes with Findlay Martin (Power Slam magazine). Decent review and discussion hour.

As hero said all the big ones are fuckin trash now.

I've not listened to Colt in forever, is he still going?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listen to something to wrestle and 83 weeks pretty religiously. E and C, Killing the Town, and Jericho I listen to if the guest is good. E and C is pretty good all the time but I don't have time for it currently.

I realized I don't really like listening to people talk about the current product most the time. They just end up sounding like angry smarks for the most part and it turns me off.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm basically the same. I can't find a podcast that discusses current wrestling that doesn't piss me off in one way or another. It's either the pro torch podcasts which do nothing but take a giant shit on EVERYTHING or its stuff like Sam Roberts which is overly positive to the point of rediculousness. Nobody has a grounded level headed take on modern wrestling. It's always "People are too harsh on WWE. There is nothing wrong with how they've handled Roman" or "Roman fucking sucks and Vince is a crazy old senile bastard for even trying with him".

It's sickening.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just listened to Kofi on the E&C podcast. What a great guy.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm basically the same. I can't find a podcast that discusses current wrestling that doesn't piss me off in one way or another. It's either the pro torch podcasts which do nothing but take a giant shit on EVERYTHING or its stuff like Sam Roberts which is overly positive to the point of rediculousness. Nobody has a grounded level headed take on modern wrestling. It's always "People are too harsh on WWE. There is nothing wrong with how they've handled Roman" or "Roman fucking sucks and Vince is a crazy old senile bastard for even trying with him".

It's sickening.
    This is how criticism is in general today. Allot of Ppople don't understand that something can be okay or average. It's either the greatest thing ever or the worst. It's gotten particularly bad with movie reviews as Critics and Fans are at war. Both sides take it to the extreme and rarely seem to find a middle ground.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The past two weeks on the experience, Cornette has reviewed Raw and it's been amazing. This week he's doing Smackdown.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The past two weeks on the experience, Cornette has reviewed Raw and it's been amazing. This week he's doing Smackdown.
    Its funny, because Cornette likes all the major smark favorites and he shits on the stupid stuff.

Its almost like Corny *gasp* knows something about wrestling.

There's too many SJW wrestling fans on the Twitter who crap on Corny because he's not super PC, but the dude is still the smartest man in the room when it comes to explaining how and why modern wrestling does or doesn't work.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have plenty that I disagree with him on but in general I find his takes, especially regarding the formatting and segmenting of the shows to be spot on.

I just love the guy and everything about his podcasts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have plenty that I disagree with him on but in general I find his takes, especially regarding the formatting and segmenting of the shows to be spot on.

I just love the guy and everything about his podcasts.
    It amazes me that Corny can't see passed Kenny Omega doing a stupid skit wrestling a sex doll and realize that Kenny's one of the best wrestlers in the world right now.

Same with the Young Bucks and that stupid shit they did with that kid.

But he does love Tessa Blanchard, The Revival, and Bobby Roode. So he's right in some regards.

His insistence that Matt Morgan should've or could've been a main event player is hilarious to me. And he still thinks Danny Basham could've been a World Champion.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer noted that Prichard's role with WWE has been overstated and he's seen more as a consultant. He also noted that the podcast with Prichard and Conrad will continue.

Prichard said on the podcast that he's "back in the family" at WWE. Was back at TV this week, but there is still a lot to be worked out in terms of his role. Live shows on the book currently with Conrad will still happen but new ones going forward are unlikely. Conrad asked about the podcast and Prichard said it WILL continue.

Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that Prichard was the producer for the Batista/Flair/Triple H segment from Monday.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric Bischoff said that Bruce has been making more money from the podcast than he ever did working for Vince so it's unsurprising he wants the podcast to continue.

Cornette had some interesting thoughts on Bruce coming back to WWE on the experience this week. He feels that the environment in the WWE is similar now to what it was in the late 90s when Russo got promoted to head of creative. He thinks Vince wants someone who "gets it" with "it" being an indescribable, unnameable concept or way of looking at things or approach that he can't quite communicate but that Bruce was always good (In Jim's words, the best) at getting out of things.

Corny also reviewed SD and as usual I agreed with him a ton but found one rant of his totally confounding.

You see, he thought R Truth...was...a heel.

Like he could not get why Truth kept being silly and doing so many face like things...because he must be...a heel.

That one just stunned me. I mean the guy raps and dances down to the ring. Vince does not have dancing heels. In fact when a former dancing babyface turns heel in WWE he always stops dancing. Then when he turns baby again the occasion is usually marked by a return to his former dancing glory.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; March 1st, 2019 at 11:22 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that Undertaker gong going off in the middle of the STW podcast was interesting. Does Conrad have time to do another podcast? or are they just promoting that Taker is doing his own podcast?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that Undertaker gong going off in the middle of the STW podcast was interesting. Does Conrad have time to do another podcast? or are they just promoting that Taker is doing his own podcast?
    He must, in some form or fashion, because JR said his podcast was being revamped in a way and Conrad was helping with that.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Conrad is getting ready to have a full fledged podcast network of his own. He has a whole team of people now. Even has people who do research on the topics for him so he doesn't have to.

I can see him making a big family of wwe podcast

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reigns was on the State of Combat pod with Brian Campbell and he confirmed he was aware of the decision to have Ambrose turn and use Reigns' leukemia as a plot point. He didn't have any issues with it. "Business is business," is what Reigns said. He also stated he was aware the company wanted to make sure Reigns was okay with it fully before they did it. Understood the "next man up" mindset that's in sports and how that's the case when someone goes down in WWE. Felt like the impact Ambrose had on night one was big but he felt like it didn't work because Ambrose "wasn't 100 percent secure with it." Reigns said Ambrose knew Reigns was all okay with it but he had the sense that Ambrose just couldn't work it to the fullest advantage.

Reigns said the last few Shield reunions just didn't work for a variety of reasons so he's really hoping things can work for this go round, especially with the time crunch of Ambrose's potential departure. He knows that things can change and Ambrose could easily stay but the impression right now is that they have to work under the assumption Ambrose is gone in late April.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the Wrestlemania recap by Robbie Fox and Jared Carrabis on the podcast called "My Mom's Basement" (Robbie's new podcast).

Robbie Fox is a good kid to follow for WWE, MMA and Star Wars stuff.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about to start week 4 of 83 weeks w/ Eric Bischoff. Definitely a fun podcast. I'm curious what they're like in the later weeks as they get used to each other.

Bischoff I like because he'll straight up shit all over Bret Hart and then in the same breath go "But if we saw each other at the airport I'd sit down with him and have a beer" lol.

I also like Bischoff because he was someone I genuinely despised both as an on-screen character and from everything I had heard about him-regardless if it was true or false lol. When he showed up as the Raw GM, I was genuinely pissed off, to the point I almost stopped watching Raw. Almost.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm about to start week 4 of 83 weeks w/ Eric Bischoff. Definitely a fun podcast. I'm curious what they're like in the later weeks as they get used to each other.

Bischoff I like because he'll straight up shit all over Bret Hart and then in the same breath go "But if we saw each other at the airport I'd sit down with him and have a beer" lol.

I also like Bischoff because he was someone I genuinely despised both as an on-screen character and from everything I had heard about him-regardless if it was true or false lol. When he showed up as the Raw GM, I was genuinely pissed off, to the point I almost stopped watching Raw. Almost.
    They’re fine as they move along. It’s definitely more interesting when Conrad presses on topics but those seem to happen few and far between as you progress. I wouldn’t say they get tremendously better or worse. Be advised, you will definitely learn a lot more about Bischoff’s sex life as the ad cycles change further into the episode library.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He usually gets really fired up over Meltzer's reports. That stays the same as you move along.

One thing that always bothered me is how he will be the first to shit on Russo's bad ideas in 2000 but he will be the first to place blame on others over the shit that happened in WCW before Russo got there. He will say but I signed off on it but he wouldn't take 100% of the blame either. I wish Conrad would push him more like he does Bruce.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He usually gets really fired up over Meltzer's reports. That stays the same as you move along.

One thing that always bothered me is how he will be the first to shit on Russo's bad ideas in 2000 but he will be the first to place blame on others over the shit that happened in WCW before Russo got there. He will say but I signed off on it but he wouldn't take 100% of the blame either. I wish Conrad would push him more like he does Bruce.
    True, on all accounts. He does give credit to Meltzer when it comes to true data and metrics because he knows he did the research but he doesn’t give a crap about his perception of what was happening or journalism that he was producing based on sources. Bischoff definitely is quick to place or shift blame to different people but I think he thinks takes ownership on just enough to probably seem passable in some form or fashion.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously I'm only 3 weeks in but so far he hasn't really shifted any blame that he should have accepted. He'll even say that at the end of the day he greenlit the idea that came from someone on creative that failed on t.v./ppv.

And let's also be honest, Bischoff gets shit on enough lol. He's not going to have a podcast where he just talks shit about everything that didn't work in WCW and then take every single ounce of blame.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

The best episode so far has probably been his one dealing with his time in WWE. let me know when you listen to that one.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best episode so far has probably been his one dealing with his time in WWE. let me know when you listen to that one.
    So far, I'd say the best episode of 83 Weeks is the one on Souled Out 1997.

Hearing Eric spend two hours trying to defend every stupid creative decision, terrible finish, terrible match, and awful idea he came up with was great. Bischoff is like Sisyphus and the fat mortgage guy is just there at the top of the hill to push Souled Out back down like a boulder.