Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,200 of 3149

Thread: Wrestling Podcasts

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I loved it. Was good just listening to the non wrestling stuff and how all three would have a big laugh about it. Have you heard/seen them on Austin's one yet? I'm going to get on it this week hopefully.

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russo on Austin was good. First time I've listened to Austin in many months before his 2 parter with Russo.

JMO Russo's (video) podcasts blow everything else wrestling wise outta the water. Guy does a shit load of good content every week.

Andy
    Cody and Woods on TIJ is hilarious, well worth listen

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    it's good not hilarious.

jericho brings it down a good few notches with his shit stories and interruptions.
    TAPS AFF!

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please start a rhodes/woods fued because of this podcast

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Cody and Woods on TIJ is hilarious, well worth listen
    This podcast was incredible. Every bit of it. Woods as a ruff ryder sounds amazing

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ive listened to Austins for ages but I find Jericho mostly unlikeable. He seems to get the same guests anyway.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed AOW with Missy this past week. She's pretty much still a wrestling geek, asking Colt in depth questions about Japan and whatnot. Good listen.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Colt's last 4-5 shows have been really good. He's the most consistent wrestling podcaster to me.

Slam Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for recommendations for podcasts. I like Inside The Ropes, Law and Ringrust Radio. Personally I prefer this type of podcast to the ones by ex wrestlers/personalities like JR's or Jerichos.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cewshcast

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Electrifying One View Post
    Looking for recommendations for podcasts. I like Inside The Ropes, Law and Ringrust Radio. Personally I prefer this type of podcast to the ones by ex wrestlers/personalities like JR's or Jerichos.
    I assume you listen to Bauer and Pollack, that's probably my favorite going. Cheap Heat is really good.

I think MSL and Sullivan on MLW Radio is really good too. It's sort of a mix of the ones you mentioned and the wrestler-driven ones. It has Kevin Sullivan on it, but it's mostly him and the co-host talking about wrestling news and giving commentary. They also spend part of the show going through old Nitros and WCW PPVs and talking about the booking decisions and stuff going on behind the scenes. Also take listener questions, so tend to get a lot of good stories from that.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    I assume you listen Cewshcast, that's probably my favorite going. Cewshcast is really good.

I think Cewshcast is really good too. It's sort of a mix of the ones you mentioned and the wrestler-driven ones. It has Artie on it, but it's mostly him and the co-hosts talking about wrestling news and giving commentary. They also spend part of the show going through old Nitros and WCW PPVs and talking about the booking decisions and stuff going on behind the scenes. Also take listener questions, so tend to get a lot of good stories from that.
    I agree

Andy
    Cewshcast needs improvement and needs to be available as an actual podcast.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We broke our hosting site

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally listened to Nattie and Tyson on Jericho's. Those Hart family stories are crazy and brilliant, what a guy Stu seemed to be.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho has gotten much better at his podcast lately. The Edge and Christian episode was great. Can't wait to hear the new one.

My favorite is definitely Bauer and Pollack. I like the Solomonster podcast. Jim Cornette is great with a guest but alone he's just a sad, old, bitchy, fart. Ric Flair almost always has a great show regardless of the guest. Austin's also depends on the guest as he doesn't really know how to get interesting conversations out of uninteresting people. He is very outspoken about his opinions though and that's nice. I used to listen to the Torch podcasts but all any of those guys do is complain. If the show theyre covering was fantastic then they bitch about not having anything to bitch about. It gets old fast.

Slam Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    I agree
    Haha!

Honestly all the ones mentioned to me are better than JR muttering to himself or Jericho complimenting himself. Cornettes bitter, Austin I find annoying (calling everything a gimmick, cutting promos about minor stuff.. just not my thing). I haven't listened to Flair and I'm pretty sure it's because he'd my #1 and I guess I'm anxious it will be him losing his train of thought and slurring out incoherent shit....god I'm a cynic.

Andy
    Flair is great. He remembers like every single match, promo and backstage story ever.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have listened to a bit of Flair's and he sounds drunker than I do on Asylum Radio.

Just finished part 1 of Russo on Austin and it was exceptional. I find myself agreeing with him more often than not. Too bad he couldnt translate his perspective very well in his later years as a booker. The dude really has a great mind for engaging fans and the lack of great characters being the downfall of the product is apt, and though it is not news to IWC fans he delivers his views with such a passion it is hard not to like the guy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I listen to Russo and he seems to get it...and he was writing wrestling for over a decade after leaving WWE and never succeeded. I'd want him as a consultant or a script doctor, but having him run the show clearly isn't going to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Russo's runs other places show he can't be successful without proper checks and balances.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I had to read that 4 times.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that post not written unwell?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Honestly, aside from colt and jericho, i mostly listen to the observer shows. people post them up on youtube early in the am, so you can usually catch it up before noon.

Slam Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Honestly, aside from colt and jericho, i mostly listen to the observer shows. people post them up on youtube early in the am, so you can usually catch it up before noon.
    You mean the subscription only shows? Any channel you'd recommend?

Slam Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard somewhere that there's a podcast that's purely focused on the gawker hogan trial... can't find it. Anyone?

Also Observer claims daily audio shows but I can never fund anything (including youtube copies) that are

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Observer stuff is subscription based, but sometimes you can find their shows on Youtube put up by other people. I haven't found allot of recent stuff lately so I don't know if they've been cracking down or people can't be bothered to upload them. The Observer has been doing regular updates of the Hogan Trial and have a guy following it daily.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho with Cody Rhodes and Xavier Woods is brilliant, loved hearing about the rivalry in their younger days.

Andy
    Jericho has had some really good stuff recently. The Lawler and Woods/Cody episodes were fantastic and Lil Naitch was good too. Nicko McBrain was another good one if you're interesting in that sort of thing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he has, I forgot to mention Lawler one was boss as well. I'll check those other two out you mentioned.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listening to a podcast with some no-name former WWE writer and he claims WWE is worse off than WCW was. They've sold 85,000 tickets for Wrestlemania, making millions of dollars in profits every quarter, but they're a sinking ship according to this dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like the day-to-day dysfunction?

post a link if you have something available.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listening to a podcast with some no-name former WWE writer and he claims WWE is worse off than WCW was. They've sold 85,000 tickets for Wrestlemania, making millions of dollars in profits every quarter, but they're a sinking ship according to this dude.
    He's thickheaded. We can sit here and bitch till the cows come home about the product. What Vince is truly amazing at is turning profit. He finds a way to make money no matter what. That's the real reason he's still here while the others all failed. He may not have the best "wrestling mind" in the history of the business but he does nothing but make money. The others didn't. For better or worse WWE isn't going anywhere as long as he's around.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I think for as much shit as Vince takes on these forums (much of which is deserved), we spend far too much time analyzing the booker and not the businessman.

Bottom line, when he thinks outside the box and takes a risk (Wrestlemania I, WWE Network, etc), quite often, it pans out.

But it's a lot easier to sit around and bitch about why he won't push Cesaro.

I think he's out of touch with his audience, but still, the guy is an excellent businessman. Sadly, if his booking was better, he'd have even more money coming his way...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "He's a millionaire who should be a billionaire" - The Concussion Talking

Simon
    If anyone's interested in getting a slightly different take on wrestling, Jarlath Regan's 'An Irishman Abroad' podcast has a great interview with Finn Balor from the perspective of someone who isn't particularly knowledgeable about the industry and is as interested in Devitt's back story as what he's doing now. Some great stuff about his time in Japan especially.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it Defrost?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Whats his name and where's a link?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guy's name is Brian Mann. Was a writer for a few months in 2011. The podcast is here but it's behind a paywall: http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/writers-room-march-27-2016.

WWE creative is rough right now, but comparing them to late-stage WCW is pretty absurd. WCW was literally dying and losing millions and millions of dollars. WWE is a profitable company that's about to draw the biggest gate in wrestling history. I complain about the product as much as anyone, but I just find that kind of thing absurd.

On another note, the podcasts with former writers are almost always worth listening to. A VIP subscription is like $20 for the year. Even this one where the guy annoyed me with his hyperbole had some interesting stories. He mentioned an idea he had for CM Punk and Triple H's match at Night of Champions to be for control of WWE and that Punk would have won and run for the show for a few weeks. I kind of like that idea. Similar idea was Del Rio buying Raw and running the show. He had some interesting inside stuff on the Shane storyline.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheap Heat from Wrestlemania. Interviews with Samoa Joe, New Day, Sasha, AJ Styles, and Bray Wyatt.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15112878

Andy
    Loads of cool stuff out recently. Jericho with Charlotte, JR with Mero, Flair with Mean Gene, two Cheap Heats in two days. All good stuff.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Fuck Mero.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got to listen to Flair and Mean Gene this weekend. Mean Gene was one of the guys I've always wanted to hear. I think Arn Anderson is just about the only person I've never heard on a podcast that I really want to hear from. Surprised he hasn't done Flair.

Who else would you want to hear on a podcast? Taker is a big one. Shane would be awesome. I really wish they hadn't cut the balls off the Austin podcasts on the Network because Undertaker or Shane would have been awesome to have on before Wrestlemania. Or Roman. Instead they do taped podcasts with people we've heard a hundred times before.

Andy
    There's loads of big name guys that haven't been podcasted yet. Taker, Kane, Rock, Shane, Orton and Roman stand out as far as current guys go.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew that Taker interview with Austin would never happen.

Andy
    Oh and the best of the lot is the Attitude Era podcast just released their WM17 show.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Austin podcast with Big Show is tremendous. Better than the one on the network. I mean Show is just an incredible interview. He has no qualms about shitting on the parts of the business he doesn't like.

Simon
    Oh and the best of the lot is the Attitude Era podcast just released their WM17 show.
    Gonna listen to this in the build up to tomorrow night, can't wait. Has it been confirmed whether they'll carry on or not? I hope they don't stop just because they feel they should because that's the end of the Attitude Era, it's only a title.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're not done, but they haven't revealed what they're going to do next.

Andy
    Yeah they've said before that they'll carry on but haven't decided/revealed what's next. I suspect they'll pick and choose shows to do from the few years after the Attitude Era then regroup again.

Andy
    Shoemaker leaving Cheap Heat.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking SUCKS.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Is he leaving to write for the new Bill Simmons website?

Andy
    He's announcing what's next tomorrow but they heavily hinted he'll be doing a podcast of some form while Rosenberg carries on with Greg.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a shame, they've had a great run. Rosenberg and Greg The Virgin will carry the torch forward. Did anybody ever listen to the lost pilot of Cheap Heat? There was one episode in 2011 with Shoemaker and a different host. I listened to it at the time and was so excited that there was a podcast talking about wrestling on ESPN. And then there wasn't another episode until 2014. But they've been great, and adding Greg made things even better.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only started listening when you recommended it Law. You mentioned Shoemaker was on it and I gave it a chance seeing as how he basically wrote the best book on wrestling I've ever read.

It's a good show. I don't know what it will be like without David on it. Chemistry is a big deal with these things.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, Cornette is JR's guest this week. That's really going to be something.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Corny has been on JR's show a couple of times. I love the two of them together.

Also, are you sure that is new? I feel like he was just on a month ago, but maybe I was listening to an old one.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like Cornette better than anyone else when it comes to these wrestling podcasts but his appearances can be a little repetitive. If I hear his joke one more time about how he has never fucked a 10 but one night he fucked five 2's it will be too soon.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's new. Haven't listened, but the description is them talking about the happenings of Wrestlemania weekend and reviewing Wrestlemania. So maybe Cornette actually watched Wrestlemania? Not that it would be unusual for him to shit on something he hadn't actually watched.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sweet. Gonna check that out tomorrow.

Banned
    Smoking Meth and cuddling with an Armenian Gender Queer on a broken couch inside of an abandoned abortion clinic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    as flawed as he may be, Cornette is the most real out of all those other podcasters.

he's hilarious.

always speaks from the heart.

no one holds a grudge like Corny.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cornette's podcast has gotten a lot better since they changed hosts. MSL was a good fill-in, and the new guy (Brian Last of 6:05 The SuperPodcast) has been really good. Fewer political rants, more old wrestling stories. I think the only guy with better road stories than Cornette is Flair.

Banned
    Smoking Meth and cuddling with an Armenian Gender Queer on a broken couch inside of an abandoned abortion clinic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    Yeah, Flair's are good. as long as his cohost can reel-him-in when he trails-off ...

the political stuff can be overkill for sure, but he's toned that down tremendously.

I dig the new dude more than MSL.

MSL and Sullivan have a pretty informative show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSL & Sullivan is a favorite of mine. Love hearing Sullivan's mind for the business and his stories. The flashbacks to WCW shows are great too, the inside story on what was going on is great. I think Russo has started doing the same thing with Raws from the Attitude Era but I don't feel like paying for his podcasts.

Really interested to see what's up with Shoemaker. I had assumed that he was going to The Ringer with Bill Simmons, but on the podcast it sounded like he was getting his own show. I don't know why ESPN would break up Cheap Heat, but I guess it's part of them expanding their coverage of wrestling.

This is my listen list:

-Cheap Heat (every week)
    -MSL & Sullivan (every week)
    -Review-a-Raw (every week)
    -Bauer & Pollack (every week)
    -Attitude Era Podcast (every episode)
    -Cewshcast (every episode)
    -Flair (almost every week)
    -Old School Wrestling (Working through the episodes in order)
    -Austin (every few weeks, only when he has a guest I want to hear)
    -JR (not that often, pay-per-view reviews and the occasional guest I want to hear)
    -Jericho (more frequently recently, he's had some good guests)
    -Cornette (occasionally when he has a guest I want to hear or is going to cover some interesting topic)
    -What a Maneuver (the pay-per-view episodes, not really interested in random Raws and Nitros. Hosts are really, really negative. I think watching so many shows has driven them insane).

What does everybody like to hear? I feel like we're saturated with podcasts discussing current events and interviewing wrestlers. I really like podcasts that review old shows like Attitude Era Podcast and Old School Wrestling. I'd love to hear one that did ECW or WCW shows. I know New Generation Project exists and I haven't checked it out but I'd probably like it.

Looking at that I'm realizing just how much time I spend listening to wrestling podcasts.
    Last edited by The Law; April 6th, 2016 at 12:20 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    Actually, Russo's is free. Listening to it right now; he has 2 shows up...

It's called "The Brand."

one is is only like 20 mins-- the other is an hour and a half.

he's reviewing Wrestlemania.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bauer and Pollack every week.
    MSL and Sullivan almost every week.
    Every Flair podcast
    Occasional Solomonster
    Occasional Wrestling Inc podcasts with Russo
    Occasional wrestling to the max
    Occasional Cheap Heat
    Occasional Cornette
    Occasional JR
    Almost every Austin
    Occasional PW Torch show reviews
    Occasional Sam Robert's
    Occasional Jericho
    Occasional Taz
    Occasional Colt Cabana
    Just started Bret Hart's new show...not good.
    Slowly getting through Attitude Era podcasts

And I shop around and listen to new and oddball podcasts all the time though I may only ever listen once.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Didn't know Bret Hart had a show but it sounds like a horrible idea.

I like how Russo says bro every other word. I am legit addicted to it. The entire show I just say bro 100 times also to myself.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bret does it with his sons along with a co-host who steers the conversation. Bret is trying his best to not be grumpy the whole time and his kids help. But there is no debate. His sons just agree with everything he says.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kind of funny that 2 of the most divisive figures in wrestling history in Cornette and Russo have 2 of the better podcasts around. It's even more impressive when a wrestler is good at it, which I have yet to find one I enjoy other than Austin. Austin has become a real pro. He is probably the most polished of any of the W podcasters I have heard.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Asylum Radio is legitimately better than all of them.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asylum Radio is the best podcast related to any wrestling website that never mentions wrestling.

Also it is far better 80 percent of the podcasts I listen to weekly.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We need world famous guests.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSL & Sullivan is a favorite of mine. Love hearing Sullivan's mind for the business and his stories. The flashbacks to WCW shows are great too, the inside story on what was going on is great. I think Russo has started doing the same thing with Raws from the Attitude Era but I don't feel like paying for his podcasts.

Really interested to see what's up with Shoemaker. I had assumed that he was going to The Ringer with Bill Simmons, but on the podcast it sounded like he was getting his own show. I don't know why ESPN would break up Cheap Heat, but I guess it's part of them expanding their coverage of wrestling.

This is my listen list:

-Cheap Heat (every week)
    -JR (not that often, pay-per-view reviews and the occasional guest I want to hear)
    -Cornette (occasionally when he has a guest I want to hear or is going to cover some interesting topic)
    -What a Maneuver (the pay-per-view episodes, not really interested in random Raws and Nitros. Hosts are really, really negative. I think watching so many shows has driven them insane).

What does everybody like to hear? I feel like we're saturated with podcasts discussing current events and interviewing wrestlers. I really like podcasts that review old shows like Attitude Era Podcast and Old School Wrestling. I'd love to hear one that did ECW or WCW shows. I know New Generation Project exists and I haven't checked it out but I'd probably like it.

Looking at that I'm realizing just how much time I spend listening to wrestling podcasts.
    OSWP is a solid show that's worth the listen. I ran into the dudes who run it three times in my journey to WrestleMania XXX(once in Memphis, two times in NOLA), and then ran into Black Cat at C2E2 that same year.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    That kick to the head from Goldberg really fucked Bret up... poor son of a bitch blanks-out a lot when he's trying to get a point across. I'm not a fan of his sons being involved because they contribute nothing to the show.

Bret's co-host from Wrestlezone is a low-rent Chris Hardwick; he even tried to steal the "points" gimmick.

he reminds me too much of Jeremy Borash.

If the show was tightened up a bit it would be heaps better.

Austin has his moments, but he does too many shows with his neighbors and shitty bands for my taste.

I think his next guest on the stone cold podcast should be Debra.

I also enjoy the Torch stuff, but they need to screen their calls better... they do nothing but talk to ignorant homeboys.

it's as if they accept collect calls from county jails.
    Last edited by Slutty McWhoreface; April 6th, 2016 at 1:59 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    Russo's podcast was... interesting.

between him and Disco Inferno-- they more than exhausted the "bro" quota for everyone in the world.

maybe the AE RAW reviews will be more interesting.

him and Disco shitting on New Day was not cool at all.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out Shoemaker is joining The Ringer. And he's on the Bill Simmons podcast today.

Andy
    What's The Ringer?

I'm more gutted than I should be about that news, Cheap Heat basically sums up how I view WWE in a neat little hour. And I laugh at their stupid phrases and segues.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Turns out Shoemaker is joining The Ringer. And he's on the Bill Simmons podcast today.
    Yeah, apparently there was a bit of controversy between simmons' people and Rosenberg, since he's getting in deeper with ESPN. Pettiness.

What's The Ringer?
    Bill Simmons' new group. Basically Grantland without the ESPN backing.

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slutty McWhoreface View Post
    I also enjoy the Torch stuff, but they need to screen their calls better... they do nothing but talk to ignorant homeboys.

it's as if they accept collect calls from county jails.
    My thoughts exactly lol. Some of their regulars can pull out a gem here and there, but so so so many of their regulars are just brutal to listen to. Keller keeps them around because they will usually fumble through their own little ball tickling of the VIP service without Keller having to go into another 17 minute shill.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad feelings between Simmons and ESPN. Not surprised at all ESPN won't let Shoemaker continue to do Cheap Heat. Although they said he'll be a regular guest, so that will be nice. Rosenberg and Greg will be okay, but I hope they look for a third. Start by just rotating through guest hosts and see what fits.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to listen to a lot more Torch stuff but I got tired of the negativity. Way too much complaining about every little thing. Never one positive thing to say about anything. If HBK unretired tomorrow and said he wanted a match with Angle on the next Raw, they'd piss and moan about how they didn't hype it long enough and how they should face someone else instead of each other and how WWE should just rename the show Monday Night Angle. It's just cry cry cry.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed Cornette and JR together. I'd listen to those guys every week if they had a show. I think JR tends to be too positive and Cornette too negative, so they sort of balanced each other out. It was interesting to hear Cornette actually have some nice things to say about WWE, that's pretty unusual.

Slam Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my listen list:

-Cheap Heat (every week)

This is my listen list:

-Cheap Heat (every week)

I like how you listen to your own show (y)

I listen to

Law/Bauer & Pollack
    Inside the Ropes (I'd really recommend this. 2 Scottish dudes who also brought the likes of Sting, Steiner and Cornette for UK Q&A tours) It's your typical format but it's just very well done imo.
    Jericho, Stone Cold but ONLY when I have heard they've had a good guest
    Ring Rust Radio (too long but still decent.. bit too much arguin/'banter)
    Wrestling Observer when there's a free one....

Gonnna listen to MSL and Sullivan and give Bro Russo a go.

Anyone here pay for WON and would rate their audio? Is subscribing to Meltz or the Torch seen as good value, I'd never really considered it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somehow missed this story from when Cornette was on Flair's podcast. The story of Flair nearly jumping to the WWF in 1998:

I had heard about this, but never really in detail. The show they're talking about is Unforgiven 1998 from Greensboro. Flair was gone from WCW at the time in a dispute over him no-showing a Thunder to go to his son's high school wrestling tournament. This is an interesting "What If?," I don't really know what they would have done with Flair in the Attitude Era. They were still doing the NWA Invasion storyline at that point, so maybe they'd have put him with Jarrett and Barry Windham as a Jimmy Hart version of the Four Horsemen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russo video podcasts have been my go to for almost 2 years. Listen to nearly everyday. His audio versions are now available for free on Podcastone as well. Don Tony & Kevin Castle show is my #2 that I try to listen to weekly.

The rest I'll only listen if they have a good guest or have a long week of travel ahead (Austin/JR/Jericho/Torch/Cabana). Use to listen to Cornette quite a bit but stopped completely about 6 months ago.The guy never has anything new to say.Russo this. Russo that. Even Cornette's best friend (Kenny Bolin) in the wrestling business is now doing podcasts with Russo. And they come off much much much better than anything Cornette's done with Kenny IMO. They just did a 2+ hour interview in the past week that's pretty good. Give it a rest Cornette, it's a one side beef at this point. All over different philosophies of the wrestling business
    Last edited by Cold_Hearted_Truth; April 9th, 2016 at 7:32 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the thing that pushed him over the edge was that TNA thought better of Russo than him. Straw that broke the camel's back because yeah, he won't shut up about him.

Andy
    Enzo and Cass on Austin's is worth a listen.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enzo and Cass on Austin's is worth a listen.
    Seconded.

Really enjoyed that 1. I love how Enzo is such a mark. I respect his hustle and humbleness. The amount of in-ring time he had before his 1st NXT match makes sense and at the same time is a ridiculous testament to how much work he's put in.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taz's show doesn't seem to get many mentions on here. I only recently started to listen to it but it's so much fun and completely different to all the others I've heard. I tend to have a big grin on my face listening to it.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND View Post
    I like Cornette better than anyone else when it comes to these wrestling podcasts but his appearances can be a little repetitive. If I hear his joke one more time about how he has never fucked a 10 but one night he fucked five 2's it will be too soon.
    He was good value with JR last week at House of Blues. Which was a fun show other than that JR literally brought up how small his dick is five different times in 90 minutes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    Taz is insufferable.

once I learned what a fraudulent bitch he was in real life, it kinda ruined his whole image for me.

I gave his show a chance, but I endure enough "bros" when listening to Russo... too many make me gag.
    He's also a little too ass- kissey for me.

Cornette is the only one with true balls... He puts on airs for no one; he makes no qualms about being an asshole...

I respect that.

Hands-down the funniest guy in wrestling now that Heenan is in rough shape.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Are Sullivan's Nitro recaps just on the MSL & Sullivan show, or is there a separate show for that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cornette isn't bad when he's got someone to bounce wrestling stuff back and forth with (like JR,etc...), He's just completely unlistenable when he's alone. Always bitching about Russo, trolls by saying outlandish shit.....for the sake of saying outlandish shit.

Couldn't pay me to listen to Taz

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Version 6 View Post
    Are Sullivan's Nitro recaps just on the MSL & Sullivan show, or is there a separate show for that?
    At first they were their own show called "Helluva Deal." That covered from the Nitro debut to Bash at the Beach 1996. After Bash at the Beach they started doing a longer show where they talked about other stuff too and had a segment about going over old Nitros and pay-per-views.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Thanks mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy several podcasts.

I love Corny but he sometimes goes off on tangents about politics and Russo and whatever and I will skip past them. I like it best when he is a historian of pro wrestling. Or telling old road stories.

Stone Cold is great but I like it best when he has a guest he can really bounce off well.

JR is good. He can be a bit repetitive but I enjoy the man's knowledge and experience.

Jericho is fine but has too many guests I couldn't give two shits about.

Colt continues to give me an education about indy wrestlers and feds.

Solomonster is good and keeps me up on things.

I keep listening to some Don Tony and Kevin Castle but Kevin always sounds half asleep but when he is talking it's like his ears cease working. With Don going yeah but, yeah but, yeah but.

The Wrestling Observer ones are good. As are some of the other MLW ones.

The Chewcast is fun.

Somehow I have found myself hosting a podcast gig for the ESO Network. The ESO PRO Wrestling Roundtable.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give it a listen later freebird