User Tag List

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Podcasts

Andy

Wrestling Podcasts

Podcast Directory

THE CEWSHCAST 5000 (Featuring Cewsh, Hero and other Rajah posters)

The Steve Austin Show

The Steve Austin Show Unleashed!

Talk Is Jericho

The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana

WWE: 30 Years of WrestleMania

The Ross Report

-----

Use this thread to recommended good episodes, new podcasts and anything else podcast related. There's loads of great stuff about for wrestling fans at the moment.

-----

Figured we could do with a thread since there's more and more of these popping up. Must be depressing for Colt Cabana to go from number one to about number five within a few weeks.

Anyways, Austin's one with Cena was really interesting. Cena seems like a really top dude but man some of the stuff he was saying was depressing.

It seems no one cares about the adverse reactions and the only reaction they will care about is no reaction or if people just start walking out.

He talked about people needing to take their chance and go out on a limb but not five minutes later he was talking about how guys never get their ideas taken seriously.

Those two things really worry me.

Loved hearing that he's taking Mandarin lessons because he's decided WWE should be breaking into China though.
    Last edited by Andy; July 24th, 2014 at 6:17 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could edit some of these into your post and create some kind of directory that could be stickied.

http://www.podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show
    http://podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho
    http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

Andy
    Yeah no probs, I'll do that tonight when I'm not on my phone.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the Y2J and Edge one not too long ago. Was interesting how they were going on about Cena refused to put over Wade Barrett when he was in Nexus, and then admitted he was wrong afterwards.

If you have seen the Edge DVD the first half of the podcast is more or less that.

Andy
    I also enjoyed Austin calling out Cena on how shit Cena's STF is.

Just listening to JR's one now and Austin predicts Punk will be back for Mania.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Aye, Cena one was really interesting. Surprised to hear him talking so openly about some things. He and Austin both agreed that the young guys just need to take risks if they're going to move up a level - seize that "Austin 3:16" moment or start rapping like Cena did. Not entirely sure how they're supposed to go about that though.

Loved Austin telling him to tighten up the STF by the way. Cena laughed and said he'd try his best. And obviously the fact that he's learning Mandarin. Brilliant man.

Will give the first episode of The Ross Report a go as well.

edit: Andy beat me to it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone got a link to the Austin and Dave Meltzer one? Was it any good?

Andy
    I use a podcast manager on my phone so I don't have a link but it's well worth a listen, really interesting.

Austin's style is so great, I could listen to him all day. Even when he's advertising random shit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive Plasma View Post
    I enjoyed the Y2J and Edge one not too long ago. Was interesting how they were going on about Cena refused to put over Wade Barrett when he was in Nexus, and then admitted he was wrong afterwards.

If you have seen the Edge DVD the first half of the podcast is more or less that.
    He did put him over - or did they mean Barrett should have won the whole feud?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE actually started doing their own Podcast as well. Not sure if it's a temporary thing or permanent but it's the "30 Years of Wrestlemania Podcast"

1st Guest was HBK and Edge is the 2nd.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemani...emania-podcast

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    He did put him over - or did they mean Barrett should have won the whole feud?
    They put him over, but Cena refused to lose against the last 2 members of Nexus at whatever PPV that was. Super-Cena all over again. Had they beaten Cena and continued on as a group, you'd end up with a Shield type scenario that we have now.

Jericho: It was WWE Team vs. Team Nexus...and the finish boiled down to you [Edge] and me [Jericho] were in there, but it was Cena against a couple of them. John wanted to do things a certain way and we told him 'you're wrong'. Remember that? And he did it anyways, and it sucked. And then afterwards he came over to us and said 'I should have listened to you, but I wasn't seeing it that way. And sometimes you just don't see it that way, you know?

Edge: It's one of those things...where he was adamant about what he wanted to do. And I remember, I was like, 'fine, I'm out of the match by that point'.

Jericho: [Laughes] Exactly. He wanted to get DDT'd on the floor by Barrett, then kick out and beat them both. And you and I were like, 'that's the dumbest thing. That's just throwing it away for no reason'.

Edge: They should have gone over because they were so hot.

Jericho: We were fighting for Barrett to go over. And, in all fairness, where's Wade Barrett now? They should have listened to us.
    Last edited by Clive Plasma; February 20th, 2014 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which one is the Austin/Cena one on - WWE Family?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cena has his own one. Its the latest on the family friendly version of Austin's podcast.

EDIT
    By "own one" I meant he had his own interview on Austin's podcast.
    Last edited by RuneEdge; February 20th, 2014 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The WWE Wrestlemania one is hosted by Renee Young by the way. So that's good.

edit: Austin's podcast, chatty.

Andy
    First post updated. If there's any other good ones we should check out let me know.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    He talked about people needing to take their chance and go out on a limb but not five minutes later he was talking about how guys never get their ideas taken seriously.
    When he was speaking about how he preferred to be given stuff to work with, and therefore didn't get annoyed like others do? I didn't really get that sentiment from him, don't forget how both him and Austin spent a decent amount of time talking about how open Vince is, how guys just need to go and speak to him with their ideas even if he just ends up saying no rather than being afraid, and Cena pointed out how he was hoping people in the locker room would listen to him.

Andy
    Yeah that was it. I can't remember if it was just before or just after but he spoke about a lot of guys being frustrated that their own ideas aren't being taken seriously.

That, along with the fact that he said he's happy to go along with whatever just made it seem like there's not much input from the wrestlers in the creative process, no matter how open Vince is.

He also spoke about being close to getting fired for going out and doing stuff he'd been told not to. It must be easy for him to talk about how that worked out for him from his big tour bus but not everyone would be in a position to take that sort of risk, especially with less competition out there than ever before.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah forgot about him saying he could have got fired because of his risk taking. Whilst also wanting guys to take the same risk but at the same time commenting on how there is nowhere else to go for these guys. It does sound fairly bleak on that front but at the same time it's interesting he is pinning it on the wrestlers and wants them to step up, then later the whole talking to Vince comments etc, rather than saying he wants more guys ideas listened to by creative.

Intercontinental Champion StoneColdChris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd check out the Solomonster Sounds off, really good fan podcast

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually check out their stuff on the TVTrax youtube channel.

Andy
    I suppose the encouraging thing from the Cena podcast is him saying he thinks the new breed are the most exciting in years. Hard to disagree with the likes of The Shield, Wyatt Family, Bryan, Cesaro and Big E getting bigger and bigger as well as established young guys doing well like Cody. Plus Zayn, Rusev, Neville and others looking good in NXT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there something other than iTunes that is useful for automatically subscribing to/downloading podcasts?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    inside the ropes as i've said many times is a quality podcast with top guests. funny blokes as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought the most interesting part of the Cena one was how he flat out said WWE has done a poor job of developing new stars in the past few years. I'm glad he seems more into helping the new guys like Bryan and Cesaro along now.

Also thought it was funny how he mentioned the other guy should always feel bad if the fans are chanting "Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks" because they aren't even being acknowledged. That's something I've always thought about. You can tell when he's facing someone else the fans give a shit about, like Punk or The Rock, because they will be getting chants as well.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to subscribe the Grantland Channel for podcasts, but Cheap Heat is a good one w/ Peter Rosenberg and the Masked Man.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim Cornette's podcast on MLW radio is consistently gold. It's the same Cornette from his shoot interviews. I like the guests he's been getting because they haven't been the typical guys, but have been very interesting regardless: Kenny "Starmaker" Bolin, Bobby Fulton, Don Callis. He also had Lance Storm and Jim Ross. Unfortunately, Cornette really doesn't watch wrestling anymore, so he doesn't spend much of any time on the current product. But his old stories from the road are absolutely classic.

He also does a mailbag podcast every week, so there he ends up talking more about recent events because that's what most of the questions are about.

Random quote from Austin's podcast:

Austin: What's the name of that finisher? The STF?
    Cena: Yeah. Step Over Facelock Toe Hold.
    Austin: You've got to snug that thing up.

Austin is the fucking man.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoy Stone Cold and Jerichos pod casts when they do get to talk about wrestling and current angles.
    Not a fan of the Non-wrestler pod casts they do or Stone Cold taking for 30 minutes about raising cattle and goin' huntin.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSlim21 View Post
    You have to subscribe the Grantland Channel for podcasts, but Cheap Heat is a good one w/ Peter Rosenberg and the Masked Man.
    Cheap Heat has its own RSS feed now. But I agree that it is a good one.
    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/feeds/r...ml?id=10116533

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Jim Cornette's podcast on MLW radio is consistently gold. It's the same Cornette from his shoot interviews. I like the guests he's been getting because they haven't been the typical guys, but have been very interesting regardless: Kenny "Starmaker" Bolin, Bobby Fulton, Don Callis. He also had Lance Storm and Jim Ross. Unfortunately, Cornette really doesn't watch wrestling anymore, so he doesn't spend much of any time on the current product. But his old stories from the road are absolutely classic.

He also does a mailbag podcast every week, so there he ends up talking more about recent events because that's what most of the questions are about.
    i feel cornette has become a parody of himself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone recall if the STF applied during the Orton/Cena match looked any better than usual? That was the match that took place the night Austin told him to snug it up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    Does anyone recall if the STF applied during the Orton/Cena match looked any better than usual? That was the match that took place the night Austin told him to snug it up.
    I don't, but the one he did on Cesaro tonight at Elimination Chamber was worlds better than usual. Actually looked like a genuinely painful submission hold.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ross Report. Listen to it.

Episode 1 with Austin

Andy
    The latest Austin podcast with Regal on it is great, so interesting.

Does anyone know what Regal's problem with Savage was/is? Said he found out something that means he can't watch Savage/Steamboat in the same way anymore or something.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Looking forward to listening to that. Regal is easily my favourite wrestler to listen to talking like this. His double episode with Cabana was brilliant - probably the best of the lot. Wonder whether this covers the same sort of topics?

Andy
    Yeah it does. Lots of chat about his time at the carnivals and in Germany, plus lots of general talk about British and European wrestling. Still worth hearing again though. Part two covers his time in America by the sounds of it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Andy
    I'm loving these podcasts. I've got two hours in the car four days a week at the moment so I'm getting as much in as possible.

JR's second one is good. Lots of talking sense about Cena, Taker, Mania and Bryan. Lovely Freudian slip confirming that Punk being fucked off with creative/booking was a major reason for him leaving too.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wrestling Compadres Slamcast
    https://www.nerdist.com/podcast/the-...dres-slamcast/

It is a division of The Nerdist. These guys are diehard wrestling fans that have a conversational podcast about wrestling. And they interview a wrestler or two. In addition they discuss the "Dirt Sheets", and other rumors in the episode. Booker T is friends with the show, and gives his Fave 5 from WWE.

Episode 5 had both Darren Young, and Xavier Woods.

Both were very entertaining. In particular Woods discusses his journey to get his PhD while wrestling. He has a love for Power Rangers (Hero I'm looking at you here), and other nerdery topics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know what Regal's problem with Savage was/is? Said he found out something that means he can't watch Savage/Steamboat in the same way anymore or something.
    Prolly the same issue Vince has with him, I would imagine. Not sure we'll ever know for sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the difference in austins podcasts?

Ones called unleashed and has different guests?

http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-S...lEpisodes=true

http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    One is uncensored

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Profanity.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So let me get this straight. He has separate guest on each show? But for some of the guest he chooses to not curse?

lol

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimura Kid View Post
    Prolly the same issue Vince has with him, I would imagine. Not sure we'll ever know for sure.
    Yeah that was my first thought, the way it came up in the discussion was just pretty weird.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was originally just 1 simple podcast and then he decided to have 2 to broaden his fan experience, if you will. Since Stone Cold is so beloved he wanted younger kids to listen in on his podcasts. So pretty much, if he's not drinking or he has a reasonably down to earth guest, it's a clean podcast. But when he has a six pack of beer (see: Ric Flair episode) then all bets are off.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah that was my first thought, the way it came up in the discussion was just pretty weird.
    I haven't listened to that particular episode, but could it have pertained to Randy Savage meticulously pre-planning the match?

President of sex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had to endorse a podcast it would be We Talk Wrestling. Can be fairly vulgar. These guys take a real non-serious approach and really know there stuff on top of that. I've never seen a flaw in their logic. Plus, they work really well together. One of the guys sounds like Bert from Sesame Street. Highly recommended

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stylepoints View Post
    If I had to endorse a podcast it would be We Talk Wrestling. Can be fairly vulgar. These guys take a real non-serious approach and really know there stuff on top of that. I've never seen a flaw in their logic. Plus, they work really well together. One of the guys sounds like Bert from Sesame Street. Highly recommended
    I gave it a listen, and it wasn't my cup of tea. Not bad by any means, but not good enough to make its way into my rotation. I listen to 5-6 regular podcasts a week. Then there are a few monthly and bi-weekly that I catch here and there.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listened to the Steve Austin Show - Unleashed with Zeb Colter. Episode 92 was great. Zeb Colter helped bring along a young Steve Williams when Zeb was Dutch Mantell. The road stories were so so great. He talks about "Wrestler Court", and how he had big Mark(Taker to me and you) sat down in his court. He speaks about working Puerto Rico, and they touch a bit on the murder of Bruiser Brody.

Andy
    Stone Cold is so funny, I could listen to the dude all day. He even makes advertising razor blades and phone plans funny.

"Jesus H Christ on a popsicle stick"

Interesting to hear Austin say he expects Punk back for Mania, can't see it myself but interesting nonetheless. Always interesting to hear Meltzer on there too, kind of wish they'd expanded on their critique of Wyatts/Shield from EC. I thought it was damn close to perfect personally but Austin said there was a couple of things that could've been better and Meltzer gave it a ****1/4 rating.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    They're both just wrong. Meltzer's an idiot with a one dimensional view of what a pro wrestling match should be and Austin is simply too close to the situation.

Listened to Regal Pt. 2 which was of course great.

Andy
    I think fairly often I agree with Meltzer as far as match ratings go, at least for the big matches. All the top ones over the past couple of years I've agreed with but I really thought that was a ****3/4 match at least.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    meltzer just doesnt care enough about wwe to go too high on his ratings. when he's excited about a particular company's product at any given time he'll go nuts with the stars, see njpw. he's never much cared for wwe in that sense.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So he's scored it 22 out of 25 but you'd say 24. Not having a go at you but this is where we are.

Andy
    Yes it's an outrage.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listened to part 1 of Austin's interview with Rowdy Roddy Pipper. Fucking phenomenal. Roddy has great stories, and lays it out. I can't wait to go for.my jog tomorrow to listen to part 2.

Andy
    Just listened to Austin interviewing Flair. Both completely wrecked by the halfway point of course. Great fun.

Also Colt interviewing Grado was good, god knows what the Americans thought of that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    That Austin/Flair one is the best. I love the way Ric Flair laughs. Like he can't control himself.

Andy
    Onto part two now, Flair claims Andre drank more than 100 beers in a night in the 70s

Andy
    Chris Jericho interviewing Chris Nowinski is really interesting and quite shocking. Recommended.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really was pretty interesting. Chris Jericho is getting some interesting interviews where as Stone cold sort of jokes around a bit. Jerichos interview with RVD is good too.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jericho is a great interviewer. I love Austin and Colt, but they tend to fart around a lot. JR asks some great questions, he just sounds a bit nervous while talking. A few more of these and he'll be legit.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Jericho is very good. I think he has a good sense of what people want to hear about wrestling as well as adding his own take on things that have nothing to do with wrestling. His Dexter and American Horror Reviews were pretty good. I like Austin, but I feel he asks the same questions to each person. His Regeal interview was criminally short, but that is probably do to Regeal's schedule. It doesn't help that Austin's podcast is almost all ads. I understand the need for ads, boy do I understand, but it feels like he has like five sponsors when most have one or two. I haven't heard JR yet. The Nerdist wrestling podcast is too much Morning Zoo Crew, good guests, but man its just one sound byte after another.

Andy
    I love Austin's one, yeah he jokes around more but when he gets down to it I find his insights more interesting that anyone else.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    The Austin/Show episode is incredible

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Listened to Austin's Jim Cornette two parter. The man never disappoints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listening to Jericho's latest now. Reading out the lyrics to the "Ass Man" song

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mike View Post
    Is there something other than iTunes that is useful for automatically subscribing to/downloading podcasts?
    I use iPP Podcast player. Really easy to use.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use stitcher radio. It catches 90% of what I listen to. The exception being the Podcast One stuff(Austin, JR, Jericho). But Star Talk(With Neil deGrasse Tyson), Nerdist, IGN podcasts, Smodcasts, etc... are all on there.

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use podkicker for my android phone...

I've been checking out Grantland's Cheap Heat as well, that has been excellent... they seem to be two huge fans of the industry who aren't ridiculously negative about everything you see in wrestling. One of the gentlemen is the fellow that has written a few excellent articles on Daniel Bryan

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest Austin podcast with Regal on it is great, so interesting.

There was actually a question about this on ask the torch at PWtorch.com. Basically, they assume its because it was the first meticulously planned out match, versus called on the fly which was usual

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tell me about that damn kliq, i didnt know whether to take a shit or wind my watch.

Austin is so great. Jerichos is back on track after an iffy period. I listened to the Chavo ones for the first time last night, jesus christ, if you havent yet, do so.

Austin with Cena, Zeb and Show was great.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Andy
    JR with Foley was good. I can't get enough of these at the moment, so refreshing to hear people who know what they're talking about and with interesting insight as opposed to the absolute bollocks that gets posted on the main site. Jericho with Lita up next.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I followed the same pattern as you. Stopped listening to Jericho's because he got his sponsor hawking out of the way, then started talking about the missing aeroplane which has got a lot of "buzz" but he thinks it's fishy and he has been consulting his sources of "terrorists, conspiracy theorists and paranormal investigators"

I struggle to get over the advertising in these things. It seems the richer the podcaster is, the more adverts they cram in. It's one thing skipping past 5 minutes of adverts but if I have to get through moronic ramblings about what's in the news I've had enough.

Andy
    Adverts don't really bother me. I listen to them in the car so it's no different to listening to the radio if I can't skip them.

Jericho and Austin both tend to ramble about random stuff, usually traffic for Austin and music for Jericho. I don't mind it, it's pretty inoffensive and sometimes funny. The Lita interview was really interesting, makes you think the Divas division is never going to hit that peak again. Foley with JR was good too, I wanted to slap JR for getting Mick's website wrong about 80 times in a row though.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's maybe just that I've been listening to various podcasts for, like, 10 years now, and once I start listening to these wrestling ones the precedent has been set for them to fire out 10 minutes of adverts in a 40 minute podcast. I'm just personally not immune to it.

Yeah, I don't mind people talking about personal things either, I may be coming across as whiny - it's more that I already have a really packed podcast list, and so you've got to come out swinging if you're going to get me to keep listening. I'll listen retrospectively if someone really recommends an episode. But yeah, this is my first listening to this podcast and he starts talking about a missing flight (that's already proving to be a disgusting media frenzy) and he starts talking about his theories when talking to his terrorists and psychic mates. He explicitly says he talks to terrorists. What the fuck is this. At least my engine is now running a lot cleaner thanks to GTS's advanced cleaning formula.

The JR/Foley one was pretty good. Obviously no-one is going to completely spill their guts, and they could talk for hours more than they do, but it was very worthwhile.
    Last edited by The Rogerer; March 21st, 2014 at 3:08 PM.

Andy
    I'm not sure if I like JR's style or not. He goes on these little rants about pretty mundane and obvious stuff like wrestlers being fictional characters, but then he'll say something like he hates DDTs being used as high spots in matches but doesn't expand on that at all.

He also came across as a bit of a creep interviewing Lita, kinda weird hearing a man in his 60s asking her about thongs and coming out with double entendres and innuendos. She didn't like being asked about Punk either, predictably. Not much of interest in the interview either, Jericho's interview with her last week was better.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure about JR's podcast technique, folks. I said I am not sure about Jim Ross' podcasting technique.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I had posted this, but probably closed the wrong tab and never re-wrote it. Art of Wrestling episode 191 with Buff Bagwell was excellent. Is Buff kind of conceited, and full of himself? Is he currently a gigolo?
    Did he have a gun related altercation with his father? this and more on the episode.

thanksssss!

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea he is a gigolo. And loving it apparently.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure why Austin and Jericho aren't chomping it to bits to be included in the Wrestlemania production this year. Imagine all the interviews they could bank in the span of a week!

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Austin is going to be in New Orleans, I would expect he is going to interview a few people. Jericho's show seems to be going between wrestling, rock and random shit Chris likes which is fine. I also think both realize how much of a mad house Mania week is and probably want to give those guys some space. Jericho rightfully doesn't think he should be there just to pick up a paycheck unlike other Mr. Wrestlemania types.

Andy
    Yeah I think Austin mentioned he'll be interviewing some people.

The podcasts have been a bit mad this week. I had a great laugh listening to Austin's one this morning but he doesn't half talk some absolute shit. I don't listen to the Jericho ones where he interviews people I'm not interested in but he usually has a good 15-20 minutes either side of the interview. DDP one with JR was interesting but they barely got started on talking about wrestling.

Interesting to hear Austin say he was beat up at NWO2001 and missed a couple of high spots in that match. I watched it not too long ago and thought it was awesome, I'd be interested to hear what he thought went wrong.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerichos podcast with the Miz was pretty good. Even with the craziness that is Wrestlemania week they wwe are pushing the podcasts even if they no longer work for them as its a good way to get people to relate to their wrestlers without needing to spend a dime.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I had a great laugh listening to Austin's one this morning but he doesn't half talk some absolute shit.
    About wrestling or you just mean his off-topic ramblings?

Andy
    Just the off topic ramblings. He spent a good 20 minutes talking about farting and edible insects on the latest one.

I think his wrestling insights are fantastic.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, listened to that on the train this morning. Was absolutely packed and I decided it was just too much trouble to turn it off so I was stuck with it. His wife sounds pretty cool though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Stone colds podcast but only the ones where he interviews people. But it sounds like i'm missing out on some good insights into his career.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Apparently Austin has said Undertaker is willing to do an interview with him for a podcast. He's driving to Austin, Texas to get the interview in person.

Big.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I read that as well. Can't wait to here that one.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He also confirmed that hes got The Rock IN THE BAG.

Stone Cold is my favourite person in wrestling. i never even liked him that much at his peak but he is untouchable right now
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Andy
    Yep he said in the podcast he hopes to do it in two weeks. That's gonna have to be an eight part interview or something.

Interview with Lita today was good, definitely the best of the millions I've heard over the last few weeks.

Andy
    Austin says Vince has agreed to go on

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell I LOVE stone cold so much. Comes with the perks of being the biggest star in the business I suppose. Rock, Taker and Vince ffs.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, I will definitely have to make some time to listen to Taker and Vince on there. Jeepers.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    This is ridiculous. Austin is amazing.

I doubt either will say anything too revelatory but just to hear them chatting with Austin will be a bit surreal.

I wonder if this is the closest thing we'll ever get to an Undertaker shoot. Can't see him being the kind of guy to do those even once he's completely moved on.

Andy
    Austin announced it so casually on his appearance on the PW Torch podcast (which I only listened to because I was bored and he linked it on twitter). Just like yep, he was a bit busy at the weekend but he said he'll come on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin's podcasts are the best media I consume every week. His interview with lita was better than jerichos and way better than Jim Ross's. I dislike jrs podcast, he grates on me and I can't stand his constant tangents and bitterness towards the wrestling community (meaning the fans and dirtsheets). He also talks way more than his guest, commandeering their answers and turning it into something about himself and his opinions on some bullshit. I'll still listen so I can hear his guests though. But Austin is the master. He's still a bit rough, and obviously not a natural host or interviewer but he does a great job nonetheless.

I also think Jericho comes off way too try hard and amateurish. The way he talks has always bothered me though. He's like a kid who is recording his first homemade radio shows on cassette. But still he does decent interviews, and I do like his views on the industry and it's history. It's his presentation that needs work.

austin is the man!!

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree on all counts above. I can't stand listening to JR for a long duration of time. I don't mind him on the Legends Roundtables on WWE Network because he's fine in small bits.

Austin is in a class of his own right now. I usually listen to Cabana and/or Cornette (latter who can be similar to JR nowadays with his bitterness towards the industry) before Jericho/Ross. I just find Ross very difficult to sit through personally.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Michael Hayes podcast was great. Didn't come across like the dickhead some make him out to be. Well worth a listen.

Taker, Vince, Rock and Bischoff all coming up.