User Tag List

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Podcasts

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're telling me you dont enjoy the POT OF THUNDER... *plays cow bell* ?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I listened to Lanny Poffo on Jericho and Evan Bourne on Colt last week. Both good. Lanny's fun to listen to. Bourne is hilarious. Since leaving WWE he went to the Peruvian rainforest to take some hallucinogenic drugs and says it changed his life. His voice also reminds me of Hero!
    Small guys tend to have similar voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Jericho's show has been good when you skip the first half hour.
    I've learned that with Jericho's you skip to the 20 minute mark and JR's you skip to the 30-35 minute mark. Austin and Colt do fine opening segments and dont suck themselves off for an insanely long amount of time.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I know that's the reason

Listen to it though. Lovely chap.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I did! I wish he talked more about his time in WWE and not just his trip to do drugs

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it was an interesting listen for sure, that's what kinda sucks with Colts podcast, it isn't always as informative as the other podcast.

Andy
    Enjoyed listening to Austin's take on the Rumble, he pretty much echoed what has generally been said on here. That Wade Keller guys talks a lot of sense.

Andy
    And interesting to hear Reigns was Trips' boy and Big E was Vince's originally. If it's true of course.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, Austin pod was good. MetsFan on Reddit said Vince suddenly decided Big E was the next big thing because of the way he took his shirt off during a promo overseas or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    I've learned that with Jericho's you skip to the 20 minute mark and JR's you skip to the 30-35 minute mark. Austin and Colt do fine opening segments and dont suck themselves off for an insanely long amount of time.
    Jericho, yes, spot on. JR's, though, I typically find myself engulfed within his first 30-35 minutes, and then zoned out for the interview.

I'm honestly preferential to Cornette's podcast to either of those two. He's always at least a fun listen. Even when he's off the mark, he's so far off the mark that it's hilarious.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God, I need another year or two without Cornette in my ear

Andy
    Meltzer saying Ziggler/Bryan at Mania on Jericho's podcast...

Andy
    Barrett's story about his debut promo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Meltzer saying Ziggler/Bryan at Mania on Jericho's podcast...
    Is he just basing that on Ziggler and Bryan's tweets?

They'd probably need to turn Ziggler to make that match work.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Austin answering his phone and including it in the podcast is amazing

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    He's amazing. Austin's podcast has made me love him even more. The opposite affect to JR and Jericho's.

Andy
    Yep it's great. I'm sure it's the dream of many a wrestling fan but I'd love to go for a beer with Austin. Just comes across as a super cool dude.

Mind you, he needs to get more interviews recorded and stop interviewing his mate Teddy or whatever his name is. Hopefully he gets some while he's with the WWE boys for the Trips one.

Agree about Jericho, he's become more and more annoying. His ass kissing is cringeworthy and you'd think he was best mates with Vince and had every good idea in the history of wrestling the way he talks.

JR has been a bit better recently though I think. Doesn't talk over his guests as much and his crap stories at the beginning have been cut down.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jericho's is pretty insufferable, but I like his guests usually. BNB was great this week.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anyone in the world who could host a better wrestling podcast than Austin? The only guy I can think of who might have a chance to match him is Heyman. But I'm not sure Heyman is humble and sane enough to do it right. The key with Austin is that everybody in wrestling likes him and he doesn't have beef with anybody. Every other wrestler has agendas and people on their shit list and all that, but Austin is just completely satisfied with his life. And a smart, engaging, funny person.

All-time? Bobby Heenan might have been better than Austin. Funny, great wrestling mind, tons of stories, knew everybody. And Gene Okerlund needs a podcast. Just interview female wrestlers and creep on them like the dirty old man we all know he is.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly Gene is too old now for one. He'd spend 15 minutes trying to remember the name of that kid who one that Rumble thing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I did listen to JR's Vader podcast because Vader. First in a while. Was okay but I wanted Vader to talk more and talk about stuff in Japan that wasn't mainly limited to a) squashing Inoki and b) his eye falling out.

He's got his Rumble review up which I may give a go.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Austin is definitely the best podcast host and drunk Ric Flair is definitely the best guest.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus, Austin now owes us all a beer next time we see him lol.

Jericho's podcast with Poffo was amazing, I went in expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised by how well it was.

That said, Jericho is frustrating to listen to, sounds very petty to call out Lesnar for only working a few Raws and PPV's.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Listen to Poffo on Cabana's show from last year. Lanny Poffo is the fucking man.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho has an amazing ability to bring any conversation back about himself, you gotta give him that.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did listen to JR's Vader podcast because Vader. First in a while. Was okay but I wanted Vader to talk more and talk about stuff in Japan that wasn't mainly limited to a) squashing Inoki and b) his eye falling out.

He's got his Rumble review up which I may give a go.
    Have you listened to Austin's podcast with Vader? it's a 2 parter that's more in depth but the sound sucks because it was on Skype. Also, Vader has never been known as much of a talker. That's probably why Ross talked more. If I'm ranking the main podcasts...

1. Austin
    2. Cabana
    3. Ross
    4. Jericho
    5. Cewsh

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it's been talked about before, but I love Grantland's Cheap Heat. Shoemaker is the man.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I don't think I ever did actually. I think I tried listening to it on the train a couple of times but the sound quality was so shit that I gave up. Will go back to it in a better environment.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The audio isnt the best to begin with, but it's a good interview overall

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Dolmeth View Post
    Jericho has an amazing ability to bring any conversation back about himself, you gotta give him that.
    "Oh hey man congrats on your current success. Remember how great I am? Remember Fozzy? My band Fozzy? DDP Yoga!" is pretty much how every conversation goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mills View Post
    Have you listened to Austin's podcast with Vader? it's a 2 parter that's more in depth but the sound sucks because it was on Skype. Also, Vader has never been known as much of a talker. That's probably why Ross talked more. If I'm ranking the main podcasts...

1. Austin
    2. Cabana
    3. Ross
    4. Jericho
    5. Cewsh
    Ahem, the Artie hour featuring Cewsh and some jobber is excellent and definitely better than Jericho or Ross.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ross had Victoria on, hes automatically #3 lol

Plays his role well. RaBbI-tAnGeRiNe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Jericho's is pretty insufferable, but I like his guests usually. BNB was great this week.
    I have young nieces who like to randomly sing their sentences and go into diva-mode, using a remote as a microphone and changing the tone of their voice at random points. But they're not 44 years old, so it's only mildly annoying.

I'm a Jericho fan, but fucking hell is he difficult to listen to on his show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've plugged this once or twice already, but I'd suggest everybody who has an interest in WCW or the Monday Night Wars go check out Kevin Sullivan's podcasts over at MLW Radio. He's doing a series where him and a co-host go week by week through Nitro and go over the booking and what was going on backstage at the time. It's so cool to hear Sullivan's explanation why shit went down the way it did (turns out it was always to appease Hogan).

The Sullivan podcasts are in their membership section, but the membership is like $15 for the year. They're getting close to the start of the NWO storyline, which is when shit it really going to start getting interesting.

Now I just wish Vince Russo would do something similar for Raw during that time period. Which it kind of shocks me that he hasn't. Is he still writing Raw scripts each week?

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Dolmeth View Post
    I'm sure it's been talked about before, but I love Grantland's Cheap Heat. Shoemaker is the man.
    Heck yeah, I love Cheap Heat! Listen to it more religiously than I do the Stone Cold or Jericho podcasts.

Rarely listening to Colt these days, I like listening to stars I've heard of so I can put a face to the name telling the story...

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheap Heat is amazing. Although, Shoemaker makes the podcast work. Rosenberg gets caught up a bit in playing the heel as of late. I do love it how they claim to know so much and then something comes up and they spend a good 90 seconds of air time trying to figure things out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Listening to Austin's podcast where he talks to Court Bauer. Good stuff. Austin talks about how Dean Ambrose needs to not box himself with his brawling. He's right. Ambrose can straight up wrestle and they need to allow him to showcase those skills.

Andy
    Sandow on Jericho is fantastic.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Sandow was great.

Usos alright. I like that they didn't seem to know how Rock is related to them. Also their annoyance at WWE's pathetic insistence in referring to their tribute to their dead uncle as "SHADES OF DADDY RIKISHI" just because he was a bigger name or didn't die from drugs.

Andy
    Shiek on JR was good. They didn't really talk about the Twitter account much which is a shame but what an interesting life that guy's had.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    HBK on Jericho 2 parter was pretty good. They talk at length about their 2008 feud. HBK says Vince likes to manufacture heat between talent to bring out the best in them (or something along these lines). HBK also compares himself from the mis 90s with Jericho and Punk - suggests he was seen as "unprofessional" while Punk and Jericho were seen as standing up for themselves. He's complimentary of Punk though.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why, but I've always thought of HBK as someone that stood up for Punk, especially after the Bob Holly story.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, they touch on that I think. Not necessarily on Holly but HBK being supportive of him in his early WWE career. I was half-listening.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mills View Post
    I don't know why, but I've always thought of HBK as someone that stood up for Punk, especially after the Bob Holly story.
    He did stand up for Punk when he was in ECW and none of the agents liked him. They were trashing Punk at a meeting and Michaels asked why they didn't try to work with Punk to improve him instead of just burying him.

Ironically, him and Triple H totally trashed Punk during one of his try-outs. Him and Triple H were watching with Vince and a couple agents and him and HHH were mocking him and blasting everything he did. Heard that from Court Bauer on a podcast a few weeks ago.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm halfway through the first one, I'd assume that though. They seemed to be the same style person just different extremes in turns of how they handled their anger and frustrations.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I remember hearing that story about HBK, Trips and Punk. About how he looks, in more words or less, someone who will always scream "indy."

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strongly recommend the Jericho/HBK podcast. They do a decent dive into their 2008 feud, which is interesting to hear. For somebody like Shawn who's done a ton of interviews, that's the better thing to do than another broad overview of his career.

I really liked when Austin did commentaries on a couple of his matches on his podcast and I'd love to hear him watch one with somebody and have them both talk about. With there being a billion wrestling podcasts now, the guests are getting burnt through quick.

Who is there left who would be a real event if they did an interview? Undertaker. Rock. All the McMahons. Pat Patterson (hope he does a few or writes a book. He'd have a ton of stories). Cole. Has JBL ever done a podcast? Punk. Orton? Gerald Brisco would be a good one. Arn Anderson. Hogan does a lot of interviews, but if he did one with Austin it would be a big deal. Never heard Brock do anything.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw on PWInsider that Ric Flair signed a deal with CBS Sports to do a weekly podcast. I hope drinks are included.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low expectations for that. Flair seems way too bombastic to be a host.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Flair is the perfect guest and I could listen to him be interviewed forever. Hosting will be weird though. He'll have to let other people tell stories. Agree with Dolmeth that provided he's drunk, it can work.

WWJZ Do?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Drunk Wrestling History with Ric Flair"

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sandow was great.

Usos alright. I like that they didn't seem to know how Rock is related to them. Also their annoyance at WWE's pathetic insistence in referring to their tribute to their dead uncle as "SHADES OF DADDY RIKISHI" just because he was a bigger name or didn't die from drugs.
    Glad to hear they're annoyed by that, as well.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised Shane hasn't popped up for at least 1.

Andy
    The HBK interview was good but man does Jericho overrate that feud, he thinks it's the best WWE has ever done.

I think there's still a lot of mileage with these podcasts.

Jericho had JBL on a few weeks ago and it was pretty good. We've not had the huge names like Taker, Rock and the rest of the McMahons. A tier below that we haven't had Orton, Kane, Pat, Cole, Zeb, Lesnar. I'd love to hear those guys interviewed. Then you just look at the WWE roster today alone and there's loads we haven't heard from. Harper, Rowan, Swagger, Reigns, Slater, AJ, Renee, Kofi, Rusev, Sheamus and Tyson to name a few. Then guys I could hear interviewed again and again like Flair, Heyman, Cena, Bryan...I love wrestling podcasts.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love them too, I really could see someone like JBL running a great podcast himself

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I think one could argue it's amongst the best they've ever done

Andy
    I think one could argue it's amongst the best they've ever done
    Fair enough. I mean, it's great, but Jericho has always seemed adamant it's the best and I've never really seen it that way.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I thought you weren't watching in 2008 anyway?

I think it had just about everything you'd want from a feud. More depth to it than 99% of WWE rivalries.
    Last edited by Ringo; February 16th, 2015 at 6:23 AM.

Andy
    I went back and watched the whole thing a while ago and I didn't think it lived up to the hype.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also found it a little odd how much he overhypes that feud. It's not even a feud that sticks out for me, if I look back at Jericho's career. I mean, if I was put on the spot to name some of his feuds, right off the bat I'd think:

1. vs Dean Malenko from WCW
    2. vs The Rock during the InVasion angle, with the two fighting between themselves even though they were supposed to be on the same team.
    3. the stuff with Benoit and Angle during 2000
    4. vs Chyna for the IC title (was this when they were "co-champions" or am I thinking of something else?)
    5. vs HBK the first time around at WrestleMania XIX

Maybe I'm mistaking "feuds" with "series of matches", I dunno. But either way the HBK thing isnt something that comes to mind.

Andy
    I liked the storyline, a lot of the build and promos. I dunno. I think for me it might be the lack of a real classic. Yeah, the ref stoppage at Unforgiven (?) was memorable but the match wasn't that good. The ladder match was good but not great.

It may be up there with my favourite Jericho feuds alongside Malenko and Benoit. HBK I prefer. Undertaker (twice), Angle, Bret to name a few.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I'd say it's comfortably the peak of Jericho's career - along with the Rock feud (although I haven't watched those matches in years). And Undertaker aside, probably Shawn's best work post-1998. May be forgetting something.

edit: Forgot the Hogan feud. THAT was the most I liked Shawn Michaels after his comeback.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh thank fuck, other people who don't get the love for Jericho/Shawn. OMG JERIKO OUNVHED SHAWNS WIFE!!!111!!! Yawn.

Andy
    Also the way Jericho goes on and on about hitting Shawn's wife it makes me wonder if he did it on purpose to get more heat.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho/Michaels from 2008 is one of the top ten programs in WWE history. Four matches of outstanding quality, each of which was different and had a story that was appropriate for the state of the rivalry. Multiple classic moments-Shawn admitting he faked the knee injury and nailing Jericho with Sweet Chin Music, Jericho smashing Shawn's face through a TV, Shawn bleeding like a stuck pig all over at Great American Bash, Jericho punching Shawn's wife in the face, Shawn beating Jericho into submission at Unforgiven only for Jericho to win the World Heavyweight Championship later that night, Jericho's promo the night after where he took his shirt off to show everyone what Shawn had done to him and ask why they thought Shawn was a hero.

The beauty is that it all made sense. Shawn was being a dick and Jericho was mad about it. And the fact that the fans refused to see that pushed Jericho into darkness. And then it just escalated from there. And the bad guy won, which is a real rarity. It rescued Jericho from floundering as a babyface after his return and was probably the most interesting work of the second part of Shawn's career.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put his HBK feud at the top of his career if for no other reason then it was the one time that Jericho was really THE guy in a promotion as that mega hated heel. Then Cena came back, boredom ensued

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought it was a big mistake to have Jericho lose the title to Cena right when Cena came back. Jericho probably should have run with the title to Wrestlemania that year.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The Law brought up Patterson...

‏@TalkIsJericho
    This wk on #TIJ:
    Wed- @NYRangers legend (& my dad) #TedIrvine returns! Also @RealPaigeWWE
    Fri- @WWE booking Jedi #PatPatterson 1st podcast!
    !!!

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    !!!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact OSW review hasn't had a mention in this thread is a travesty. They review old school ppv starting with hulk a mania era and moving onto old school wcw and wwecw stuff etc. Hilarious podcast especially from 1990 onwards

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of it?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    New generation project and attitude era podcasts are brilliant as well.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're video podcasts but you can get the audio versions and you don't miss out on too many visual jokes. The youtube channel may be down but they're on vimeo and on their website. You should watch them in order though as a lot of running gags get developed. As I say they don't really get the format down until 89-90 but it's gold

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    New generation project and attitude era podcasts are brilliant as well.
    Have you heard the wrestling 20 years ago podcast? They review the month as live but 20 years back. Some bits can be awkward such as mentioning twitter when they're meant to be in 1994 and it's all over Skype which I hate in a podcast when you have 3 or more contributors but it isn't bad

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting ready to listen to pt 2 of the HBK-Jericho interview on Y2J's podcast. First time I've actually listened to Jericho's.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Anyone listen to Pat? Was cool to hear him talk but not as interesting as I'd hoped. Jericho is not a good interviewer.

Andy
    Yeah it was cool but I wish he'd got more stories out of him about working closely with Vince etc.

I nearly lost my shit at Austin's today, guy is just so funny.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The unleashed one from today yeah? Or the one with Wade? Should probably just listen to both.

JR with Hurricane Helms did not appeal.

Andy
    The one today, his stuff at the start and the end was just daft but hilarious.

Wade one was good too, always think Wade talks a lot of sense and it's always good to hear Austin break down a show.

It's very rare that I enjoy a JR or a Jericho podcast these days. I got about half an hour into the Helms one and got bored. Same story with Storm on Jericho.

I just wish Austin would go to another Raw and get some more interviews done. Bryan and Cena again, Reigns, Orton, Henry, Heyman and others would all be good. Steph for the Network maybe.
    Last edited by Andy; February 26th, 2015 at 7:58 PM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Austin's stuff has been great this week. That one lady who called in was so awkward, but Steve rolled with it well. I just love Austin's podcast so much. Been listening through all the major wreslting ones to get me through the work day, might give Taz's a listen tomorrow. Anyone check it out yet?

Andy
    I need some Cewshcast

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Blame Cewsh. That dingus erased his portion of the audio and has been (slowly) re-recording all week. I hate Cewsh and his stupid face so much sometimes.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More like BOOwsh Reviews, right?

Right?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i'm about halfway done. It's been a serious time drain trying to get things lined up perfectly. It is coming though, don't worry.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mhmmmm. Like I'd believe anything you say

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho and Storm entertained the shit out of me. Best part was them talking about their vignettes when they came to Smoky Mountain and how terrible they were. This one, with a super homoerotic workout sequence followed by them banging two super ugly girls, was probably the highlight:

And then they told the story of how apparently they got heat with Cornette because they wouldn't bang the ring rats. Storm was engaged and Jericho could do better. Apparently this ruined their ability to get over as babyfaces, and Cornette starting spreading rumors Jericho was gay. I love the wrestling business.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That video's sold me on that podcast episode.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rest of the Thrillseekers vignettes might be even worse. That shit would have looked dated in 1980. Although I guess in the south it was still the 1980s in 1992.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New podcast I've been enjoying is the "Bowling Shoe Ugly" podcast. It's one of the guys from What a Maneuver co-hosting with another guy and they watch terrible wrestling matches and riff on them. They do an episode every two weeks. First episode they did the Doomsday Cage Match from WCW Uncensored where Hogan and Savage beat every heel on the roster. Second episode was the Elimination Chamber from December to Dismember. Most recent episode was Bob Holly vs. Brock Lesnar from Royal Rumble 2004 and Undertaker vs. Big Show and A-Train from Wrestlemania XIX.

You can find it here, scroll down a few for the most recent one: http://whatamaneuver.onthestick.com/

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Hero on Cheap Heat had some good stories. One I had never heard was that Cena was going to turn heel in 2011, and even bought a bunch of new gear for it. Then plans changed and he donated the gear to FCW/NXT in the form of a scholarship were each month the coaches would pick the guy who had worked the hardest and he would get a $500 credit to buy new gear. I've never heard anyone talk about that Cena heel turn before but it sounds pretty fascinating. They said the plan was for it to happen in the aftermath of Wrestlemania 27, but I guess they were worried they didn't have a top babyface without him. It definitely seems like after Punk caught fire they should have pulled the trigger on that.

Unfortunately he didn't have much insight into him being the third member of The Shield. Not that they were going to be The Shield, just that Punk wanted him, Ambrose, and Rollins to be his stablemates. I actually had a similar idea for Punk when he turned heel where he would handpick a bunch of guys who he thought deserved better pushes and make them his stable guys. The only ones I remember that I wanted were The Usos. Might have had Dolph Ziggler in there.

Andy
    I can't believe something as huge as a Cena heel turn was in the works and the first we hear of it is four years later from Chris Hero of all people.

Andy
    Things I've learned from Daniel Bryan on Jericho's podcast:

- He really is the most unlikely success story in wrestling history
    - He wants to work a feud with Heath Slater and put him over
    - He wants to essentially sacrifice his career to put other people over (dammit Daniel!)

And interestingly, although perhaps not surprisingly, absolutely none of the things that led to his rise to the top were meant to happen.

- Barrett was originally due to win the MITB briefcase that Bryan won but they switched to Bryan at the very last minute because they didn't want two heels winning.
    - He only cashed in because Henry was hurt.
    - The 18 second match was (obviously) just designed to get Sheamus over.
    - The pairing with Kane was a short term thing and the therapy videos were meant to lead to one PPV match and that was it.
    - After the Rumble, Bryan had absolutely nothing lined up for Mania.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Interesting. Gonna give that a listne later. Listened to Austin's Mania preview on his unleashed show this morning and it was great as usual. Gonna listen to his other show with Court Buaer later today.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was really interested to learn that Austin turned down working with Hogan three times. 18, 20, and 25? I was sure he was offered the match at 18, but never knew about the other two.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Things I've learned from Daniel Bryan on Jericho's podcast:

- He really is the most unlikely success story in wrestling history
    - He wants to work a feud with Heath Slater and put him over
    - He wants to essentially sacrifice his career to put other people over (dammit Daniel!)

And interestingly, although perhaps not surprisingly, absolutely none of the things that led to his rise to the top were meant to happen.

- Barrett was originally due to win the MITB briefcase that Bryan won but they switched to Bryan at the very last minute because they didn't want two heels winning.
    - He only cashed in because Henry was hurt.
    - The 18 second match was (obviously) just designed to get Sheamus over.
    - The pairing with Kane was a short term thing and the therapy videos were meant to lead to one PPV match and that was it.
    - After the Rumble, Bryan had absolutely nothing lined up for Mania.
    \

Just listened to it. Bryan is literally the coolest guy ever. I think his nonchalent attitude towards everything is why Vince doesn't like him as a top guy. Vince wants a John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H level of dedication to politcs and insecurity. All Bryan wants to do is put everyone over.

Andy
    I did love the idea of Daniel Bryan losing his cool at Triple H for stopping his match when he got a stinger. Damn Jericho for stopping the Total Divas cameras following him into the office!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michelle Beadle interviewed Heyman and Reigns together for her "podcast"

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/be...-roman-reigns/

Simon
    What are the best Austin podcasts? I've listened to ones with stars I'm interested in (Cornette, Triple H, Lilian, JR and others) but are there any less obvious ones that throw out some great stories? The play-by-play of the WM17 main event is great.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Heyman ones were great.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heyman's the best. Also loved the Dutch Mantell interview.

Simon
    Yeah heard those as well, should have included them on the list as they're probably my favourites. I'm a bit averse to the phone-ins because the sound quality obviously isn't as good - are the Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Trish Stratus ones worth hearing?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bret and Flair are OK. Have you listened to all of the Nash ones? They're wonderful. I could listen to those talk for days.