User Tag List

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Podcasts

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda glad JR cant get/have any current WWE superstars on his podcasts. While the likes of Austin/Jericho/Cabana/etc...can. I can really see now how JR could have rubbed people the wrong way in the past in WWE. I always wondered in the past why WWE ''treated him like shit''. Now I understand. I really cant blame WWE from wanting to cut ties with the guy. Kudos to WWE for tolerating him as long as they did.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Yeah Foley buried Rock for not coming up to him backstage and thanking him for the match as was customary and given how the finish of the match went would be more than expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    He mentioned the same thing in Have A Nice Day.
    I remember now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally listened to Triple H on Jericho last night. Really good interview, but they only really scratched the surface. Triple H is the kind of guy who you could sit with for 12 hours and never run out of stuff to talk about. He's just had such a long and fascinating career and has so many different perspectives: up and comer, midcarder, main eventer, top guy, legend, and now front office guy.

I was kind of disappointed they didn't talk about their program from Wrestlemania 18, because I would have liked to hear their thoughts about that. They alluded to not having gotten along in the past, but didn't really go into it too much. I'm sure a lot of guys took issue with Jericho jumping ship and being put in a prominent role right away, which probably explains why they so quickly backtracked and dumped him into the midcard after he debuted.

Overall, I'd recommend everybody listen to it. He's a damn funny guy and I'm always up for some good Kliq road stories. Really hoping to hear HHH on Austin's show at some point.

Also, JR had Russo on and I listened to it because I'm a masochist. Sweet Jesus do I hate Vince Russo. It was all pretty well tread ground as Russo has done like 10,000 shoot interviews over the years. On the other hand, JR's improvement in his interviewing technique appears to be rule. Or maybe Russo just talks too fucking much.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Russo gets pretty tiresome but the way he says "you know what, JR" or "here's what you've got to understand, Steve" before every sentence never gets old.

I listened to the Ken Shamrock ones with Austin as well. God, what a life he's had. Completely get why he comes off as such an dickhead given his upbringing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got around to listening to Watts on JR and found it quite interesting. They didn't go as in-depth into booking as I hoped, but there was some good discussion of wrestling psychology and Bill had some good stories about his time.

Austin and Nash were a lot of fun this week even if they didn't talk about wrestling at all. I'm sure Austin will have him on again soon as they're both currently living in Georgia.

Haven't gotten around to Jericho and the Hardys but that's certainly going to be interesting.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finishing the two part HHH interview on Jericho's podcast. That should be required listening for all posters. Fantastic.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DDP on Art of Wrestling was pretty good. Page has some interesting stories of his club promoter days.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Batista on Jericho is also required listening for all posters.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't listened so I have no idea how good it is but this podcast is starting a year by year look at AJPW in the 1990s

http://placetobenation.com/all-japan-excite-series-1/

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I love DDP on podcasts, he has this way of livening up Austin's show and they have great chemistry

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More so a video podcast, but lord I love these guys.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Art of Wrestling episode 218 is with the man the myth the legend Cliff Compton.

If you've listened to the Art of Wrestling then you know about Cliff Compton(AKA: Domino). If you haven't listened to Episode 18 or 59, then you are in for a treat. Compton has great story, and this episode is very much the same. Cliff and Colt shoot the shit for a bit, and then Compton goes into a private booking story. And while the story isn't as good as episode 59(not many stories could be), it is still really damn good.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else listen to Austin's commentary for his WM X-7 match with The Rock? It was really really good.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely loved it.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was, really interesting concept. Did you watch the match at the same time? I'm contemplating doing that on vacation next week

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Which podcast was that?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I had the match up on dailymotion while listening

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Which podcast was that?
    http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just this past week I assume? I'll give it a listen. I just rewatched that matched and liked it a lot more than I remembered.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Just this past week I assume? I'll give it a listen. I just rewatched that matched and liked it a lot more than I remembered.
    It is the one before the most recent one

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God, I really wish Austin could get back to interviewing guys again. His stories are great but he needs to get back on track, Jericho is starting to pass him on best podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listened while watching the match and it was fantastic. Really, wwe network should steal that idea and have a show with guys giving basically a directors commentary on their old classic matches

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Excel View Post
    I listened while watching the match and it was fantastic. Really, wwe network should steal that idea and have a show with guys giving basically a directors commentary on their old classic matches
    They used to do this for DVD's (I only saw it on that amazing Rise and Fall of ECW DVD from 04/05) and I thought it was fantastic. Doing it on the network might actually convince me to subscribe.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the best show idea I've heard. Super cheap to produce. And you can produce a limitless number of episodes. Ricky Steamboat watches his match with Savage from Wrestlemania III. Hogan watches the Andre match. Austin watches Wrestlemania 14. Shawn watches the Iron Man Match. Bret Hart watches the Bulldog match from Wembley Stadium.

They could literally produce 1,000 episodes of this. There are so many notable matches and WWE has access to at least one of the principles from almost every major match in American wrestling from the last 30 years.

I think the only question is who the host would be. You kind of need someone there to ask questions and let things bounce back and forth a little bit. Joey Styles would be perfect but he's busy with the website. JR would also be perfect, but they fired him. Dusty would be so entertaining, but mostly in a trainwreck way. Cole would be fine, but he's already stretched pretty thin.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Hogan watching and commenting on the Andre match would be incredible because I imagine he already does that on a regular basis.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know that he was actually 7'8 and 800 pounds right? And that there were actually 120,000 people in the building that night. And that if Andre wanted to talk out with the title, he would have. Dudebrotherjack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly it's incredible that they haven't jumped on this ideas already. It could, as suggested, easily provide at least 1000 hours of compelling content.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    That's the best show idea I've heard. Super cheap to produce. And you can produce a limitless number of episodes. Ricky Steamboat watches his match with Savage from Wrestlemania III. Hogan watches the Andre match. Austin watches Wrestlemania 14. Shawn watches the Iron Man Match. Bret Hart watches the Bulldog match from Wembley Stadium.

They could literally produce 1,000 episodes of this. There are so many notable matches and WWE has access to at least one of the principles from almost every major match in American wrestling from the last 30 years.

I think the only question is who the host would be. You kind of need someone there to ask questions and let things bounce back and forth a little bit. Joey Styles would be perfect but he's busy with the website. JR would also be perfect, but they fired him. Dusty would be so entertaining, but mostly in a trainwreck way. Cole would be fine, but he's already stretched pretty thin.
    Matt Striker may work there, maybe even Josh Matthews

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bucks on Colt's show this week were great. Colt hasn't had any really great guests or even shows in a long while, so this was a good return to AOW greatness.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I thought I read Punk was on recently?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not as a guest. He did the opening with Colt at the start of the Dave Prazak interview. It was funny, but I did not care about Prazak's actual interview.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mills View Post
    God, I really wish Austin could get back to interviewing guys again. His stories are great but he needs to get back on track, Jericho is starting to pass him on best podcast
    Are you saying that he's the best in the world at what he does?

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still prefer Austin's setup, it makes it a lot more personable, like you know Austin. Jerichos more about his professional stuff

Andy
    Austin's Mania one was great, as has been said though he badly needs some guests. Jericho with Miz and Roberts was great too.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Not as a guest. He did the opening with Colt at the start of the Dave Prazak interview. It was funny, but I did not care about Prazak's actual interview.
    The King of Shimmer deserves your time, knave.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a ten hour drive the other day, so I got to listen to a lot of podcasts.

Cornette had Teddy Long on this week and the results were predictably spectacular. He had great stories about his time as a radio DJ, working for James Brown, and his time in wrestling. Also, for Steve Blackman lovers out there, he had a good Blackman story: Blackman was super cheap, like Mick Foley cheap. He was staying in a Red Roof Inn one night and heard a noise. Turned the light on, saw a rat. And then, in the words of Teddy: "He hit that motherfucker with a Karate Chop and killed its ass right there in the middle of the room." Fortunately this was an actual rat, not the kind that you meet at the show and bring home with you.

JJ Dillon on JR was good. He was on Cornette a few weeks ago and that was also entertaining.

I listened to both parts of Ziggler on Jericho and enjoyed it. I was worried Dolph might say some stuff that would get him in trouble, but he managed to avoid that.

Also, has anyone else been listening to the Kevin Sullivan podcasts on MLW Radio? They're in the premium section, but they're worth the subscription (it's like $15/year). He goes through booking WCW month by month, starting with September 1995 and the first Nitro. The stories are fascinating, especially the ones about how crazy and insecure Hulk Hogan was. It seems like half Sullivan's job was babysitting Hogan and keeping him from invoking creative control and destroying everything. The last one was January 1996, so they're getting close to the NWO debut, which is when business will really pick up. But for me personally, I'm more interested in hearing about how the Tower of Doom Cage match came together at Uncensored 1996. Because that was literally the worst wrestling match I've ever seen.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will co-sign that big time.

Andy
    Interesting to hear Alex Greenfield on JR's show say what a cunt he thinks Kevin Sullivan is. I don't think I've ever heard anything good about him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's interesting to hear. I've listened to a lot of Sullivan's interviews and he's always come off as a decent and humble guy. Although the fact that he never seems that upset that Benoit murdered his ex-wife might suggest something's wrong.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Interesting to hear Alex Greenfield on JR's show say what a cunt he thinks Kevin Sullivan is. I don't think I've ever heard anything good about him.
    Did you mean Kevin Dunn? That would make a lot more sense.

Andy
    Yeah sorry my bad

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a ten hour drive the other day, so I got to listen to a lot of podcasts.

Cornette had Teddy Long on this week and the results were predictably spectacular. He had great stories about his time as a radio DJ, working for James Brown, and his time in wrestling. Also, for Steve Blackman lovers out there, he had a good Blackman story: Blackman was super cheap, like Mick Foley cheap. He was staying in a Red Roof Inn one night and heard a noise. Turned the light on, saw a rat. And then, in the words of Teddy: "He hit that motherfucker with a Karate Chop and killed its ass right there in the middle of the room." Fortunately this was an actual rat, not the kind that you meet at the show and bring home with you.
    And that is why Blackman is such a legend.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bombshell on Survivor Series: The Steve Austin show is coming to WWE Network with Vince McMahon as the guest. Probably just a special, but I'd have to imagine there will be more to come.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bombshell on Survivor Series: The Steve Austin show is coming to WWE Network with Vince McMahon as the guest. Probably just a special, but I'd have to imagine there will be more to come.
    wouldn't be surprised if that's where we finally get rock and taker.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Triple H. Makes sense that none of those promised guests materialized now. Really hoping it becomes a regular thing.

Andy
    I wonder how it's going to work. Like will it actually be a podcast and have a blank screen or is it going to be a filmed sit down interview?

Either way, absolutely huge. That's the sort of content that will sway people on whether to get the Network or not.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be video. It will be like when Bill Simmons interviewed Magic Johnson. It was both a TV broadcast and an episode of his podcast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone listen to austins commentary of his match with Bret at wm13? Not quite as great as the wm17 one he did but still fantastic!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wyatt on Austin's show this week was awesome. Wyatt is out of character and gives some cool insight into his last characters and the development of the Wyatt family.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Listening to the Jericho ones with Ziggler & the WWE doctor. The doctor doesn't sound stupid as Pubk claims, I think he just hates Punk, lol. Dolph is a damn interesting guy to listen to...Jericho's opening segments just get worse and worse. Skipping to 35 seems to be the magical number.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF is up with that Egypt character he keeps bringing up? More cow bells, please.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Listening to the Jericho ones with Ziggler & the WWE doctor. The doctor doesn't sound stupid as Pubk claims, I think he just hates Punk, lol. Dolph is a damn interesting guy to listen to...Jericho's opening segments just get worse and worse. Skipping to 35 seems to be the magical number.
    I listened to this yesterday while working on a Grandparent's rental property. Really enjoyed it, and liked hearing about Ziggler cashing in his case after wrestlemania.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    WTF is up with that Egypt character he keeps bringing up? More cow bells, please.

I think he's the only who thinks him interviewing himself playing a fictional character is funny. Same for having his kids doing book reports and the like on the show.

I really thought Jericho may have been getting to the point where he was going to pass Austin for the #1 spot but he's taken a fairly large step back lately.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancty View Post
    I think he's the only who thinks him interviewing himself playing a fictional character is funny. Same for having his kids doing book reports and the like on the show.

I really thought Jericho may have been getting to the point where he was going to pass Austin for the #1 spot but he's taken a fairly large step back lately.
    And Colt Cabana raced ahead of both for me. His interview with Simon Dean, Drew McIntyre, Dany Davis, and now CM Punk in the last few weeks have all been damn good to great. And he does it all face to face LIVE FROM HIS STUDIO
    Last edited by The Rick; November 29th, 2014 at 2:10 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    APARTMENT

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IN CHICAGO ILLINOIS.

This is fans supported and listener supported podcast. Supported by people just like you. He gives it to you free of charge every Thursday.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished Jim Ross's interview with Bill Watts. Episode 31. link http://podcastone.com/The-Ross-Repor...lEpisodes=true

Watts is Ross's mentor, so there is a lot of sucking up. Watt's has some really insightful things about the current product to start the show. He thought that both the Cena vs Bray and Taker vs Brock matches sucked. He thought that those guys should know how to tell a story, and neither match did so. It was just two guys going back and forth on offense, and then went into their finishes. He said he didn't see much in the way of actual selling. Many guys would react to the move that happened to them, but they didn't actually sell. It was cool to listen to.

They get into Bill breaking into the business, and Bill buying into his territory. Some of Bill's runs in different territories, and his short run with Vince Sr. Good show.

I still have to fast forward through JR's 25 minute diatribe intro. A short sweet intro would do him wonders, as would Jericho.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so jerichos guest this week is ambrose for a 2 parter.. i like ambrose but when he was on colts podcast he seemed like a little bit of a douche bag, hope he isn't like that this time
    Last edited by mr sabu; December 13th, 2014 at 6:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    oh fuck.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with those Cena/Wyatt matches. I think it was the LMS, you had Cena pitch the stairs at Wyatt, which should have killed him, and while we were still in the action replay of the stairs being thrown, Wyatt was hitting a Sister Abigail on Cena. Absolutely ridiculous. Throw some spots in there and people lapped it up.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post
    so jerichos guest this week is ambrose for a 2 parter.. i like ambrose but when he was on colts podcast he seemed like a little bitch of a douche bag, hope he isn't like that this time
    I can only vaguely remember the AOW podcast, but can't recall him being a douchebag or anything. What did he say to make you feel that way?

The Rosk
    He called mrs sabu a bitch.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope he isnt like that this time then.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only vaguely remember the AOW podcast, but can't recall him being a douchebag or anything. What did he say to make you feel that way?
    he didn't say anything bad it was just the way he sounded on the podcast like he didn't wanna be there, to me it's just the way he came off was an interesting listen though i did enjoy his little talk about the lyrics to the Grinch though

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    He called mrs sabu a bitch.

wouldn't blame him.. she is a bit of a cunt at times

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post
    he didn't say anything bad it was just the way he sounded on the podcast like he didn't wanna be there, to me it's just the way he came off was an interesting listen though i did enjoy his little talk about the lyrics to the Grinch though
    I had seen a few of his interviews before the AOW podcast was done. I think he's always come across as a laid back guy. You have to bare in mind that Colt only does podcasts with guys he knows and could consider as his friend. I doubt Ambrose would've done it if he didnt really want to.

Andy
    The Ambrose interview is great, he's gonna be huge.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had seen a few of his interviews before the AOW podcast was done. I think he's always come across as a laid back guy. You have to bare in mind that Colt only does podcasts with guys he knows and could consider as his friend. I doubt Ambrose would've done it if he didnt really want to.
    It was just the vibe of It and the way he talked...but thats just me ill be listening to the jericho one soon as I get the chance too

Despite what I typed here still expect big things from him

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ambrose was pretty good, but I really wanna hear more about his life. This interview felt more formal and less relaxed than the Cabana one.

Andy
    I wonder why Vince or whoever were against calling the Curb Stomp the Blackout. It's perfect.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well called it the concussion

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't really take notice of AOW podcast, heard a few of Austin's. But after listening to the two of Punk on AOW, I've now listened to loads. Enjoying Colt and what he does with them, also the bands he chooses on the music is pretty cool.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Ambrose 2-parter was pretty good, but very impersonal. I much prefer when he was on AOW and just spoke more candidly about himself and his life. I was really hoping Jericho would delve into Dean's formative years in foster system and living on the streets.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    He said some people wanted Cena (+ Sheamus & Ryback) to go over the Shield at Elimination Chamber, which was like their second PPV match. They knew that as soon as they lost to Cena they were just like everybody else, marched into the office and flat out refused. They had some support from others but he reckons if they hadn't got together and made that stand they'd have lost that match.

Andy
    Yeah, just rubbishes Vince's talk about no one wanting to grab a brass ring or whatever. These dudes flat out refused to do a number of things, including jobbing to Cena.

Andy
    Also says the day before HIAC the plan was for them to go on fourth. Also that there's no long term plan and it's nearly always week to week. Sad.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, just rubbishes Vince's talk about no one wanting to grab a brass ring or whatever. These dudes flat out refused to do a number of things, including jobbing to Cena.
    Didn't he say The Shield were exceptions? I can't remember but in an interview from yesterday Rollins said something like that.

Also says the day before HIAC the plan was for them to go on fourth. Also that there's no long term plan and it's nearly always week to week. Sad.
    We've known that for years to be fair. Hasn't it kind of always been like that in WWE though?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, he specifically name dropped the Shield as exceptions.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the only way you can put your foot down on these things is if you stick together with a close group and make a stand. Isn't that pretty much what the Clique did back in the day?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Basically, yeah.

We discuss this on podcast* this week, but Cesaro needs to start saying no. Dude just accepts whatever they tell him.

*cewshcast.podomatic.com also available on iTunes and stitcher.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince basically laid out exactly what to do. Be yourself, take a stand on your character, and hit it out of the park. The Shield did exactly that and all three of them are on a rocket to the main event. Same with Punk, Cena, etc.

Andy
    Just makes me think moments like the Bryan title win and even the initial Shield/Wyatts feud at going to become things of the past as they essentially happened by accident.

The Zayn title win is the only thing WWE has done in a long time that has been the culmination of a long, consistent and absorbing story.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didn't happen by accident. They happened because talented people convinced Vince to have faith in them. That's what they should do. If they don't it's entirely in the hands of the writers.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a half truth in fairness. The Shield had faith put in the idea of The Shield from day one, so when it came to them defending it they were defending a position which was that originally held by upstairs in the first place. All they had to do was remind upstairs what the hell they were doing. Not everybody on the roster is that fortunate i.e. plans for talent are, sadly, tiered regarding importance.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    And Trips was really championing them in public, it may have been the same behind the scenes. When Ambrose said some people supported them when they refused to job to Cena, maybe Trips was one of those people. Not sure Cesaro has that support.

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only listen to JR's podcast when he has a guest I want to hear, but fuck, JR never shuts the fuck up & lets the guest just speak. In a 2 hour podcast, you get 1:50 of JR rambling & interrupting his guests.

I thought the guy would kind of learn as he went along -- and I absolutely loved Bully Ray just talking over JR when JR continually tried to interrupt him. It's almost like JR thinks he has to speak every 20 seconds.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't listened in a few weeks but it seemed like he was getting better. The absolute bottom was the Sting podcast, where I swear Sting talked for like five minutes. Some of it was that Sting just didn't seem to have a whole lot to say, but a lot of it was that JR just wouldn't shut the fuck up.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Ryback on Jericho's was good. He's such a humble and dedicated guy, I really do love the big idiot. I hope he and Punk reconcile at some point.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryback has responded well every time the situation has been brought up in recent interviews. I'd like to believe Punk's comments mainly come from some animosity he probably still has towards people in the company, despite what Punk might tell you.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the problem with what Punk said?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk says Ryback tried to hurt him on purpose. Ryback said he didnt.

Andy
    Hogan on TIJ is a really good liste, who knows how much of it is true though. He says he didn't know he was going over Andre at WM3 until the ref counted the three. Also that he didn't know Austin and Rock were coming out at WM30.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard the Andre thing from him before, but he always framed it as him not being sure that Andre would be willing to put him over until the ref counted to 3.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestling was a lot different back then, plus stories that've been told about Andre made it seem like if we wanted to win, he was going to win lol

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Wouldn't be surprised. He'd never before been pinned in America so who knows what they expected.

The Maeda incident wasn't that long before Mania III either, lots of different stories about that were probably being told.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin has recently said that hogan "is full of shit" and knew he and rocky were coming out. So who knows.

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to side with Austin on this one. Hell, we have seen footage of the 3 of them standing at Gorilla prior to the start of the show, haven't we?
    ----------
    As a bit of a change of topic, Dixie has made the rounds to a couple different podcasts recently (Ross, PW Torch) and really all that I take away from it is... She is a politician through and through and even Jim Ross and Wade Keller could not get her to cut the bullshit and talk reality. Most of the time, these podcasts get the guests to be honest, to drop the act and to be real, but I have yet to see an interview with Dixie where she is not spitting out the "sizzle" that she uses on Twitter, press releases, etc. Not asking for her to come onto these interviews and open up about how big of a disappointment things may be, but when she gets asked about viewers and her response is along the lines of "We honestly have no expectations, we are just focused on growing our brand." it is nauseating. I would love to finally get an interview with Dixie where she is not in political speak mode and talks with a degree of reality about what she has planned or what their expectations are.
    Last edited by JustDuett; January 13th, 2015 at 1:46 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This video suggests Hogan knew they were coming out. Maybe didnt know what they were going to say, but he definitely knew how the segment was going to go down.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I listened to Lanny Poffo on Jericho and Evan Bourne on Colt last week. Both good. Lanny's fun to listen to. Bourne is hilarious. Since leaving WWE he went to the Peruvian rainforest to take some hallucinogenic drugs and says it changed his life. His voice also reminds me of Hero!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho's show has been good when you skip the first half hour.