Can't wait for this TiJ episode either:

#BrotherKeith..I KNEW YOU'D COME.

Please be in full gimmick

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does he do things out of character anymore? If so, that's a huge mistake. He needs to be Broken Matt 24/7.

Andy
    I think they've already done TIJ, this has to be full gimmick.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I'm going back to listening to TIJ again

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nakamura was nice on Jericho's podcast. He had some nice short stories about his wrestling journey and inspirations. Jericho asked him who was someone he wanted to wrestle on the main wrestler and Nakamura said Cena. Made it seem like Nakamura had preconceive notions about Cena and just being a muscle-bound guy who can't do a lot, but he's proven himself as a wrestler. But guys that size and that ability, it intrigues Nakamura.

Broken Matt Hardy will be Jericho's Wednesday episode.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; July 29th, 2016 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nakamura was excellent. As much as I've hated on Jericho in the past, he's cut down on the intro shit and gets a good interview out of his guests.

Andy
    I feel like the Jericho podcast has improved massively now he's back on the road with WWE vs being on the road with Fozzy. Less awful rock music, more interesting guests. I guess he also doesn't have the time to go on and on at the start.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MLW just teased a new podcast. Someone with "25 years of experience in WWE." Possibilities? Pat Patterson, Steve Lombardi, Bruce Pritchard are the people who jump out at me. My guess is Patterson, I think him and MSL are tight.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pat has so much more than 25 years experience though doesnt he? Even just in a managerial sense. Also he seems like the type that wouldn't want to be in the position of bean spiller like that but it would be awesome if it were him. God knows he probably has better insight into the inner workings of WWE than just about anyone besides Vince himself.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking it up he was with WWE full-time from 1979 to 2004. He's been involved since as a consultant and such but retired in 2004. I've heard a story before that around that time he was asked to write a analysis on what was wrong with the product at the time and his conclusion was Triple H was getting too much TV time. Somehow his opinion wasn't considered as valuable after that.

Also heard an amazing story on Bauer & Pollack this week that had me cracking up: Some dude from WWE years ago got a needle stuck in his ass after injection steroids, went to the doctor to get it removed. He then proceeded to try to bill the doctor's visit to the company and they fired him. Sadly they didn't name names on this one.

And yeah, I don't think Pat would be the type to spill a ton of juicy gossip. He worked with Vince for so long I think there's got to be a ton of loyalty built up there. I just hope if he's on a podcast he doesn't feel the need to be a company man and spin everything positively. If that's really his opinion it's fine, but when I listen to Flair (for example) I feel like he's always holding himself back when talking about the current product because he doesn't want to get Charlotte in trouble.
    Last edited by The Law; August 1st, 2016 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Flair is mainly good for stories about the old days. Pat would probably be the same. But if his memory is any good at all I'm sure Id become a listener.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: It's Pritchard.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not surprised it is Pritchard. I don't see Pat as a tell all/podcast sort of fellow considering some of the companies darker secrets revolved around during him.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce Pritchard. yay lol.

Pat Patterson....Has he ever done a shoot or anything? I mean, this is the guy who was Vince's right hand man, probably still gets calls to this day from Vince asking his input on something. I would love to hear him shoot on certain things and have it be outside the WWE umbrella but again not sure if he ever has and if he hasn't he more than likely never will. Not to the extent that some fans would expect him to.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was on Jericho's show a couple years back. Good interview, mostly covering his time as a wrestler. I'd expect him to do some appearances in the next few weeks to promote his book.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broken Matt on Jericho was funny. It's a serious commitment to the character from Hardy.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Need to listen to Matt's.

What's the deal with Foley being on Jericho's in March? Am I missing something here?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently it's the biggest podcast ever, if you haven't heard.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Holy Jesus, broken matt was great. Full gimmick, explains a lot about the character, really builds the world around the Broken Matt character. Really great listen. I probably looked like a mad man laughing at Matt say Borash's name.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Need to listen to Matt's.

What's the deal with Foley being on Jericho's in March? Am I missing something here?
    Is he not allowed to be on Jericho's podcast or are you questioning why it's 7 months away?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 2 minutes into this shit with Matt and Jericho.....This is awesome and I love that Jericho is playing into it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I looked for this the other day and it wasn't uploaded.

Can't fucking wait until I get home

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to ruin one part....

He said his accent will be how people talk in the year 3000. Fucking awesome.

And the way he says condition.....holy fucking shit. It's a damn shame that this is happening in TNA at this point in TNA's life. The platform is just not there for them to really get this shit out there.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Is he not allowed to be on Jericho's podcast or are you questioning why it's 7 months away?
    Why wouldn't he be allowed on the podcast? Yes, why is it so far away? Cannae comprehend.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho and Nakamura was hilarious because he started speaking with a Japanese accent and messing up his English. Jericho that is.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to ruin one part....

He said his accent will be how people talk in the year 3000. Fucking awesome.

And the way he says condition.....holy fucking shit. It's a damn shame that this is happening in TNA at this point in TNA's life. The platform is just not there for them to really get this shit out there.
    To be fair, I don't know how much stuff he'd be able to get away with while under Meekmahon's banner. I doubt WWE would allow one of their wrestlers to bite a fan.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Jericho and Nakamura was hilarious because he started speaking with a Japanese accent and messing up his English. Jericho that is.
    Yeah that was funny. I get that he was trying to talk simply for his guest but it was a tad much.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Yeah that was funny. I get that he was trying to talk simply for his guest but it was a tad much.
    Not really. Speaking in that short broken English is the easiest way to speak to someone limited like Nakamura. Jericho did the same in his podcast with gedo/Jado and it was superb. Had he just spoken normally you would have had a lot of Nakamura saying "I'm sorry, again?" and not being comfortable enough to answer questions.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel like I shill for MLW a lot, but I want to highlight their "History in the Making" podcasts. They're for VIP subscribers only (membership is like $20/year or $2/month). They come out every other week or so. Topics covered so far: The Great American Bash, Dusty Rhodes, Andre the Giant, Portland wrestling, World of Sport, Jess McMahon, Bruiser Brody, Dallas wrestling, and there are more. I haven't listened to all of them yet but all the ones I've listened to have been excellent. It's nice to hear something on a wrestling podcast other than an interview with a wrestler, talking about current wrestling news, or reviewing an old show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho tweeted this morning that they were taking questions for another episode of Talk'n Shop that was being recording at the moment in Australia. Looking forward to that one.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed Shane McMahon on Cheap Heat this week. After a rough few weeks this was the first Cheap Heat I made it all the way through in awhile.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Rosenberg and crew are actually interviewing someone, it makes for a much better podcast. I'm not gonna lie, I consistently listen to that podcast the most because of the potential for guests like Shane.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With ESPN going in so hard on WWE coverage they're probably going to keep getting top guests. I'm curious what the endgame is here, does ESPN want WWE? Haven't had wrestling on ESPN for a long time, but I can see it as a potential fit. Would be weird for them to have to move Raw away from Mondays because of Monday Night Football though.

Andy
    Cheap Heat isn't very good anymore unfortunately. The new guy they had was refreshing initially because he offered the positive perspective, but it feels like the last few weeks they've just hated everything. I don't think Greg is great in his new role either. The big name interviews are nice but that's it really. Even more of a shame is that while Shoemaker's new one is decent, it's just nowhere near as good as original Cheap Heat.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, unfortunately neither has been as good without the other. I don't find any of Shoemaker's co-hosts interesting and I just generally don't like rotating co-hosts (it's nice to hear how someone's opinion on things evolves over time). Cheap Heat just isn't working without Shoemaker, Rosenberg is too much without Shoemaker to balance him out and Greg isn't a big enough personality to hang with Rosenberg.

I'm wondering when the wrestling podcast bubble bursts. I thought we were at peak last year but since then a bunch more have started. Feels like supply has to be outrunning demand at this point, but maybe I'm wrong.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've been pretty pleased with Bruce Pritchard. I think he is one of the more compelling Podcasters out there. I wish Flair still had all of his mind. He is hard to listen to.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    With ESPN going in so hard on WWE coverage they're probably going to keep getting top guests. I'm curious what the endgame is here, does ESPN want WWE? Haven't had wrestling on ESPN for a long time, but I can see it as a potential fit. Would be weird for them to have to move Raw away from Mondays because of Monday Night Football though.
    something like the CWC could easily fit on ESPN, I think.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ESPN really isn't about combat sports it seems. When was the last time you saw an MMA promotion or a boxing promotion on ESPN? Maybe one of their 10 subsidiaries? I remember staying up late at night to watch K-1 and other martial arts but that was back in the 90's, a little into the early 00's. Pro Wrestling, I think there's a reason the last time ESPN had actual pro wrestling was what, 1991? Back when a lot of people were still buying into it being "real" but even then it was low light post WWF Rock N Wrestling Era territories like AWA and GWF or whatever the fuck.

I think it's cool they do showcase WWE talent, I wonder how much of that has to do with Coach being on ESPN because it does seem like some time after he was hired on they started covering more. Plus when Lesnar returned I think that was another bridge between the real sports and the "real" sport of pro wrestling.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's been an internal dispute on ESPN about covering MMA and that the pro-MMA forces are winning. They cover the big UFC shows, that's about as much as it gets for a sport that ESPN doesn't air.

I listened to Pritchard on Flair this morning and it convinced me I should listen to his podcast. First two episodes are about Dusty coming to the WWF and the Mega Powers. Pritchard was around for so long he's going to have a ton of stories to tell and he seems pretty unfiltered. He was asked about Steve Austin refusing to work with Jeff Jarrett and he was just like "yeah, that's true."

Andy
    Only just got around to checking out the Austin/Ambrose podcast. It was pretty odd, it seemed like Ambrose was pretty uncomfortable and wasn't up for going into his childhood much. I'd assume that's because there's some dodgy stuff in there that wouldn't be ideal for the WWE champ to be talking to. But Austin kept going and didn't get anywhere, so we didn't really get a whole lot of interesting answers. Then Ambrose went on the defensive and the vibe was all just a bit uncomfortable. I felt like it was pretty harsh of Austin to call the dude out on not pushing himself too - there's not many who have been able to do that more than Ambrose in recent years.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I wonder about Austin and the WWE Network podcasts, does he have a earpiece? It seemed like Austin prodded much more than he usually does on that initial subject.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Only just got around to checking out the Austin/Ambrose podcast. It was pretty odd, it seemed like Ambrose was pretty uncomfortable and wasn't up for going into his childhood much. I'd assume that's because there's some dodgy stuff in there that wouldn't be ideal for the WWE champ to be talking to. But Austin kept going and didn't get anywhere, so we didn't really get a whole lot of interesting answers. Then Ambrose went on the defensive and the vibe was all just a bit uncomfortable. I felt like it was pretty harsh of Austin to call the dude out on not pushing himself too - there's not many who have been able to do that more than Ambrose in recent years.
    I always thought they run down some of the stuff they want to cover and Ambrose would have expected most of the questions. I guess the guest doesn't know what is going to be asked going in. However, you would think Ambrose would be prepared Austin would ask about his childhood since he does for most others.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finn is appearing on Jericho's podcast on Friday.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finn talked about when he came to the PC, most assumed that he would be going up to the main roster zero-to-six months upon his arrival at the PC. As NXT grew and developed, that timeline dragged back and they relied on Finn to carry the brand. Finn saw the delay as a blessing because he feels like he's truly ready to perform on the main roster.

Jericho put over Jack Gallagher as they briefly discussed CWC participants being at the PC.

A story that was shared: Four or five months ago, Jericho that he pitched to Vince that he wanted to work with Finn at Summerslam. At one point, that was slated to go. The split went into motion and they wanted to give Finn a big push right out of the gate, so they went the way that they did.

Finn shared that on his first night on Raw, he was told at 5 that he was going to start the show in a fatal 4-way and that he was going over. That's all he was told at that point for the show. He didn't find out about winning the match against Roman until after the first match happened. Finn put over Roman and said it was "eye opening" with how good Roman is in the ring.

Cena and Styles are two guys that Finn wants to work with, in addition to Rollins.

Finn can see Anderson and Gallows teaming up with him for Bálor Club, but he doesn't really see the need for it at the moment. Feels that he needs to develop his character on the main roster, and they need to continue to develop theirs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm almost done with the Ambrose-Austin podcast. What I took from it.....It reminded me of like an uncle who's trying to fill the father figure role to his nephew because his brother fucked up. I totally fucking get where people are coming from about Austin because he wasn't necessarily being a dickhead toward Dean like about school and how laid back Dean is about everything, it just took me back to when my uncle Sarge used to come at me a certain way, trying to be my dad because his brother walked out on us when I was 4. So he kind of felt like maybe he needed to be that father figure and he actually was more of a father to me than anyone in my life next to my grandpa.

But there were definitely some moments where it was like, good God Steve ease the fuck back. I felt it pretty much started right off the bat when he was like "I was shocked you're into country music" and then Dean wasn't like, offended by it but his response to Austin being shocked was like "Why were YOU shocked, good music is good music" and then Austin didn't want him to put anyone on blast because obviously Austin is a multi-entertainment celebrity so he probably has friends or doesn't want to ruffle any feathers...Odd but I guess.

I don't know. It seemed like Dean wanted to really just talk about WRESTLING. I think that Austin was just having trouble relating to Dean, similar vibe I got when he interviewed Lesnar to a certain extent. It could be the generation gap. Dean is only 31, Austin is 51. Austin didn't really understand Dean's struggle because 6 months into Austin's training he was already wrestling at the Sportitorium and then got signed to WCW shortly after that, he never really STRUGGLED for years like Dean did so he couldn't relate to the feeling of "Do I want to do this?"

I also think Austin spent too much time on Dean's upbringing. I've heard 20 different podcasts and not one before this did Austin try to channel his inner Dr. Phil lol. It was just odd and you could tell Austin couldn't relate, and you could tell Dean knew that Austin was getting pissed off. But really the cool shit was when Dean would talk about the older wrestlers like Dusty, Jack Briscoe, Harley Race, I think that really shocked Austin that Dean was so knowledgeable and had such a respect for the guys that Austin himself looked up to when he was growing up. And the promo Dean cut and Austin's promo-ish response was fucking SA-WEEET.

All in all so far, I'm prbably 10 mins from finishing but on one hand, very uncomfortable at times because there were quite a few moments where Austin was definitely being too assertive and too Dr. Phil and maybe too FATHERLY to Dean that it came off bad. On the other, it was cool to hear Dean talk about his love for wrestling and how wrestling was all that really kept him afloat. I'd love to hear Austin talk about exactly what the tension was all about if there was any, but there was definitely something there to make people go wow, Austin was being a prick, Dean was being very "let's not talk about my childhood so much motherfucker".
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; August 19th, 2016 at 1:26 PM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, listened to Finn on Jericho and love how heavy he put over Roman. He said he was one of the best in the ring. Awesome stuff.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nash... what did you think about Austin's "criticism" of Dean at the end?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    Nash... what did you think about Austin's "criticism" of Dean at the end?
    I thought that Austin was dated in his criticism. Sure, if this were Austin's era, then yeah he had a point. But it's not. It's the corporate WWE era that Stone Cold Steve Austin never would have thrived in to his fullest potential. He would have been Dean Ambrose. Shackled by the overly scripted, corporate environment. That's what I was saying about maybe it was the generation gap. It also felt like Austin was kind of taking out his frustration with the current product that he couldn't do with Vince, Triple H, and others on Ambrose. And even Ambrose laid it out crystal fucking clear, look, we're given these fucking scripts, it's bullshit watch me cut a sweet promo on the fly about a match we could possibly have. Austin's bringing up shit that he liked of Moxley, and when Dean explained to him look dude, this is my era and what we have to deal with...and then Austin had the nerve to say he's complacent. The fuck?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dean was the first guy from the modern era Austin has interviewed on the Network. Everyone else was from his era aside from Lesnar, and again there seemed to be a little tension there as well but not that much. Again it goes back to why was Austin trying to be channel Dr. Phil and keep digging into Ambrose's past. Austin would say in one breath he loved Ambrose, and then the next almost disrespect him in a way that Dean was at a point, hey, we're just chill here no need to raise our voices. Again it felt like someone trying to "Father Up" on a motherfucker. The comment where he said "I don't see any benefit in dropping out" or whatever, well look Austin....This dude is the fucking champ, he's making good money, it wasn't like Austin retired from wrestling then went on to be a fucking school teacher or whatever the fuck he went to college for whatever the fuck he majored in.

And you would think Austin would relate to Ambrose since Austin himself had a father who bailed on him and his family but who knows where Austin was really coming from on this whole thing. Sorry for the winded response.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved when Dean was like "Let's just be chill" and Austin like "we need to put asses in seats" like anyone has ever one fucking time turned on his shit in hopes that he'd get into some bullshit drama with someone. Fuck that. Who tuned in to listen to him and HBK hopefully go at it about Shawn not wanting to drop the belt to him at Mania 14? They didn't talk about that shit at all because again, HBk was from Austin's era. Their friends now. It was bullshit.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just starting the Dean podcast. He just blazed up before this, right?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, Nash. He was tough on Ambrose. It seems to me that the older generation seems to believe that the younger, current generation are very relaxed when it comes to work ethic and dedication to being the best. Just because the locker room is more united and people are friends who sit around playing videos and tweeting doesn't mean their more relaxed, it just means their not stabbing each other in the back to get to the top. I've heard multiple retired wrestlers question the drive of the current generation. I don't see an issue, I just see a generational disconnect. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns all seem pretty driven to me.

It's a different world now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it also comes from an indirect place of respect with Austin. From what I can remember, Austin kind of was on the fence with Ambrose several, several months back. He liked the potential, but felt like he needed to see some progression. As he's reviewed recent PPVs, it feels like Austin has become a fan of his work. So Austin has seen what he's wanted and now he wants to push Ambrose to that "next level". I asked and wondered if Austin has an earpiece for his Network podcasts. I wouldn't be surprised if he did and Vince could have been wanting him to poke and prod a little to see how Ambrose would respond.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Just starting the Dean podcast. He just blazed up before this, right?
    If you watch, there's a point where he goes from drinking out of a water bottle to pulling out a blue or red solo cup.

I agree, Nash. He was tough on Ambrose. It seems to me that the older generation seems to believe that the younger, current generation are very relaxed when it comes to work ethic and dedication to being the best. Just because the locker room is more united and people are friends who sit around playing videos and tweeting doesn't mean their more relaxed, it just means their not stabbing each other in the back to get to the top. I've heard multiple retired wrestlers question the drive of the current generation. I don't see an issue, I just see a generational disconnect. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns all seem pretty driven to me.

It's a different world now.
    I think that there are talent, even Vince himself, that are fucking blind to the fact that this isn't 1998 anymore. Which is funny when you watch the Vince one and this is the motherfucker who is responsible for shackling the talent yet he acts like nobody is trying....the fuck? Ambrose lays out that he did fucking try with Lesnar, that he hates scripted promos, he went more in depth about the creative side than anyone including Vince and Triple H with their corporate, political answers and yet Austin still had the balls to question Dean's drive whether it was during his come up or his current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I think it also comes from an indirect place of respect with Austin. From what I can remember, Austin kind of was on the fence with Ambrose several, several months back. He liked the potential, but felt like he needed to see some progression. As he's reviewed recent PPVs, it feels like Austin has become a fan of his work. So Austin has seen what he's wanted and now he wants to push Ambrose to that "next level". I asked and wondered if Austin has an earpiece for his Network podcasts. I wouldn't be surprised if he did and Vince could have been wanting him to poke and prod a little to see how Ambrose would respond.
    See I looked at it like that as well in the sense that maybe Austin was trying to be a mentor and he doesn't really know HOW to be a mentor so this is his way of doing so. But again it goes back to Austin apparently being oblivious to the shit the talent has to put up with that he never did....And when he did have to put up with it, he walked out on the company like a bitch.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that there are talent, even Vince himself, that are fucking blind to the fact that this isn't 1998 anymore. Which is funny when you watch the Vince one and this is the motherfucker who is responsible for shackling the talent yet he acts like nobody is trying....the fuck? Ambrose lays out that he did fucking try with Lesnar, that he hates scripted promos, he went more in depth about the creative side than anyone including Vince and Triple H with their corporate, political answers and yet Austin still had the balls to question Dean's drive whether it was during his come up or his current situation.

See I looked at it like that as well in the sense that maybe Austin was trying to be a mentor and he doesn't really know HOW to be a mentor so this is his way of doing so. But again it goes back to Austin apparently being oblivious to the shit the talent has to put up with that he never did....And when he did have to put up with it, he walked out on the company like a bitch.
    I see Vince (and the older guard) being totally oblivious to the landscape of things. That doesn't mean he's going to be wrong all of the time, but I think it lends itself towards being wrong quite a bit. There are multiple ways to go about getting a successful product out there. You don't have to be cutthroat. I doubt that Vince, specifically, sees something lacking in the fire or determination department from Ambrose. I'm pretty sure he specifically mentioned Ambrose as someone he liked. On top of that, Ambrose mentioned that Vince lets him go a little more on his promos and they had a random late-night conversation. Did he probably ruffle Vince's feathers by calling out Brock and creative? I'm sure, but I'm guessing Vince appreciated that in some form or fashion.

Your second comment makes a TON of sense when I try to connect some dots. Austin does not watch the product regularly. In all honesty, he's probably just seeing the best version of it by the fact he really only watches PPVs in order to review them for his podcast. He openly comments he needs his guest to fill in the gaps with what's been going on leading up to the PPV. He only sees a quality product (possibly) and he just wants to see more because he loves the business.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think if some of these cats were more realistic to the fact that 18-20 years ago you could get away with certain shit, but not today. Austin, Rock, HHH, Foley, if you took their characters from 1998-2000, no fucking way would that fly. I was listening to someone's podcast, a Meltzer type, and they were like "The WWE didn't have this relationship with GLAAD, this relationship with who makes their toys now, this company and that sponsor" back in Austin's day. That's what the talent from that era just do not fully get. I mean not all are oblivious, guys like Jericho, Bob Holly, even Foley, they know that the talent do not have the freedom to even call a fucking match on the fly let alone a promo-to a certain extent. Once you get to that that leve you have more freedom but even then, still shackled.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Regarding Nash's earlier question, Paige was on Austins Podcast on the network as well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Regarding Nash's earlier question, Paige was on Austins Podcast on the network as well.
    Ah yeah forgot about that, she was the replacement for Hogan where she kept saying "Brother" lol. I don't think I ever watched it.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    If you didn't watch it how do you know what she said?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have saved this post for your 12,000th post.

MIND BLOWN!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was someone on here that said she kept saying "brother" like she was ribbing Hogan since she was the replacement. That's why I said "I don't think I watched it" because I wasn't totally sure how I even knew about that. I might have looked up some youtube clips as well.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Bit deflating listening to Finn on Jericho's podcast now. Still, good listen. Jericho got onto the subject of Cena and said something like 'He calls the action in the ring you know, on the fly. He's one of very few that do that these days'.

Yeah, we know Chris. We can hear it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got done listening to the opening segment of Jericho's latest podcast. he teased the Brock incident but didn't say a word about it.

I wonder if he'll keep mum regarding it.
    Last edited by John Cocktoastin; August 24th, 2016 at 7:21 AM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more and more I listen to Jim Ross's podcast, the more I like this guy. He is pretty funny. Very entertaining. Lots of good stories.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I can't listen to him anymore. Annoys the total shit out of me. That Terry Funk impression EVERY podcast. Fuck off.

Good stories, no doubt, but I'd have to be very interested in his guest to listen to it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck Jim Ross and his "Mah boy" bullshit... him and his horrid fucking impressions.

but those still aren't as annoying as his constant hypocrisy: he claims to have so much respect for the fans' opinions-- but shits on those who criticize the product... but he has no problem moaning like a cunt over things he disagrees with.

he's become insufferable to listen to.

Cornette Experience; MSL and Sullivan; Talk Is Jericho; and Austin's podcasts have become my go-to's as of late... 'Something to wrestle with" with Bruce Prichard is starting to grow on me as well.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Totally agree on Ross, Mr Cocktoastin.

I only really listen to TIJ and Austin now. Had to give up on Vince Russo. Insufferable prick.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Strowman on Austins was a very good listen. Need to do some catching up on my rasslin' podcasts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree on Ross, Mr Cocktoastin.

I only really listen to TIJ and Austin now. Had to give up on Vince Russo. Insufferable prick.
    He exceeds his 'bro' quota within the first 40- seconds of his intro.

Much like his booking ideas-- he has the occasional good one-- with the majority being shit.

listening to Pat Patterson on Austin Unleashed... pretty good 30- mins in.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I started that this morning. Wasn't really holding my attention too well after 30, but I'll get back to it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ross is fine with a good guest or if he's reviewing a show, but he'll become unbearable on his own or if he's lacking something to talk about. He'd be better as a half hour, really. Mah boy.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only Ross I have heard to this point is his podcast with Bischoff, which I enjoyed, probably more so because of Eric but Ross was fine.

Austin is still my favorite. Jericho is great with the right guest. I don't find a lot of his guests to be interesting.

I've never listened to Russo nor do I have a desire to listen to Russo.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    The more and more I listen to Jim Ross's podcast, the more I like this guy. He is pretty funny. Very entertaining. Lots of good stories.
    The only Ross I have heard to this point is his podcast with Bischoff, which I enjoyed, probably more so because of Eric but Ross was fine.

Austin is still my favorite. Jericho is great with the right guest. I don't find a lot of his guests to be interesting.

I've never listened to Russo nor do I have a desire to listen to Russo.
    what? do you or do you not listen to jim ross?
    TAPS AFF!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conflicting statements.

Andy
    Pat Paterson on Austin's is so great, he's such an interesting guy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pat Paterson on Austin's is so great, he's such an interesting guy.
    Was Patterson entirely centered around the past, or is there any discussion of the current product?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktoastin View Post
    Conflicting statements.
    within 2 hours...

im wondering if he means on other peoples podcasts, yet i if he likes him then he must listen to his show.

what is it?
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yeah, what BGM asked. The first 30 minutes is mostly his early days and a bit about Austin meeting him in 1995.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    within 2 hours...

im wondering if he means on other peoples podcasts, yet i if he likes him then he must listen to his show.

what is it?
    one would think...

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Was Patterson entirely centered around the past, or is there any discussion of the current product?
    Past, but he's back on next week to talk current product.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Past, but he's back on next week to talk current product.
    Even better! Thanks for letting me know.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strongly recommend the Prichard podcasts. So far they've covered Dusty Rhodes coming to the WWF, The Mega Powers, Lex Luger's big push, and today was on Ultimate Warrior. I've only heard the Warrior and Dusty ones so far but they had a lot of good stories. My only complaint is that they tend to run a little long so I'm probably just going to skip over the first segment where he talks about current news.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Revival are on Steve Austin's podcast today.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Austin bloods adores the Revival. Gotta check that out.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just listened and Austin put them over huge. The whole podcast was a massive circle jerk. Revival kept putting over a young Austin and Austin ate it up, putting over the Revival big while butchering Ciampa's name the entire time. Overall, good stuff and a nice background insight on Dash and Dawson.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revival really are on another level in terms of their tag work. They wrestle like a classic 1980s tag team. Arn and Tully, Midnight Express. They are so fucking perfect in their timing and positioning. When they cheat it feels like they could actually get away with it. I want them on the main roster.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Austin bloods adores the Revival. Gotta check that out.
    No wonder they are so good. Such a great throw back, ass kickers with no frills.
    TAPS AFF!

Wrestling Radio Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recent Main Event Radio (MainEventRadio.com) Interviews:

Ric Flair:
    Thoughts on his daughter Charlotte: “Well I couldn’t be prouder. I think she’s the foundation for the women’s division. She’s doing so well and she and her friends Sasha [Banks] and Becky [Lynch]. The whole division is strong, she’s right in the middle of it, having the time of her life and working hard. Couldn’t be prouder of her.”

The potential of having Four Horsewomen:
    That wouldn’t be up to her, that’d be the creative team. They had thought about that, they had it in NXT but I don’t see that happening on the main roster.

AJ Styles in WWE: He’s awesome. I met AJ Styles at TNA and I couldn’t be happier. He’s a great guy, great talent, and he’s doing really well.

On if he would like to return to WWE:
    “I’m waiting to hear. I’ve actually got some time off after being on the road with them for five months. After she [Charlotte] fired me, I actually took a deep breath and said I’m going home for a couple of months. I love working for the company, it’s a phenomenal place to work. If they need me and they want me to come back, I’m ready to go.”
    Eric Bischoff:
    What went wrong with TNA/Impact Wrestling: I try to put them both out of my mind so I couldn’t tell you. No comment. I’m in the middle of a lawsuit with them so I can’t really comment.
    Any positive memories from his time in TNA: I don’t have any.

AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Bobby Roode now in WWE: You name three guys who are probably the one bright spot of my time in that other organization. There are all 3 some of the most quality people as human beings and as professionals. I’m thrilled to death for AJ Styles as I am for Samoa Joe. I think Bobby Roode is probably one of the most under-estimated, highest potential talents that WWE could get their hands on so I’m thrilled to death for him. I won’t say that Samoa Joe is underrated because most people recognize what a special athlete he is, but if you get to know him on a personal level you cannot find a better person so I’m thrilled to death.

Does Garrett [Bischoff] still wrestle: “He’s doing great. He’s not still wrestling. He transitioned out of wrestling when I did. He has a great career now, lives down in Florida, he’s married, and he’s doing well.”
    Would he ever return to WWE as a General Manager or for a one-time appearance: Highly doubtful. Because I haven’t gotten a call. And I’m a little busy; I’ve got stuff going on. Not to be coy or cute, I think that time has passed. I had a great time, I worked there for 5 years and it was one of the highlights of my career. Times change, people change. I think a character like mine I’d come back for a week or two or three but then after that people would get tired and say this is the ‘same old, same old’ kind of thing.

Is he done in wrestling: Never say never. If the right opportunity and by that I mean something that was exciting and felt fresh. Something that I believed that the fans would really appreciate and that I would have fun doing. I’d love to be back. Because I love the business and a lot of the people in it. I’ve spent a lot of time in the business, I’ve done a lot of things. It would take something pretty unique to get me excited. It’s really gratifying to see after all these years, and I’ve been in the business for 30 years, and after all of these years to see fans wearing nWo shirts and fans of WCW who still remember make me feel good.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Austin advertising haircuts.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finn called in on Ross' podcast. Didn't agree with the assessment that was going around that Seth is a dangerous worker. Ross brought up the subject that he harps on a lot (workers not selling or going for too many dangerous spots). Finn responded that people want to work safely, but they often get caught up in the moment based on the reaction of the crowd. He remembered a spot where he wanted to go for a simple baseball slide but as he was coming off the ropes he heard the crowd roaring and he opted for a dive instead. He said it's hard to fight off the instincts in that moment. Also said that he won't be watching the product while he's rehabbing. He basically said when he's out, he's out and doesn't really keep tabs.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm late to the party, but Matt on Jericho is glorious.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More praise for the Prichard show, it's quickly becoming a favorite of mine. They dropped the opening segment where they would talk about current wrestling news, which is good. The last thing the world needs more of is people on podcasts talking about what happened on Raw this week. And they're letting people vote on Twitter for what topic they cover each week. This week the choices are: The Brawl for All, The Kliq, The XFL, and Brother Love. Kliq is so far winning with 33% of the vote, I voted for Brawl for All.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Brawl for All edged out The Kliq by 1%. Looking forward to this one. Brawl for All is one of my favorite insane rando things that ever happened in wrestling.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carl Oullette's Hammer shoot where he talks about the Brawl For All is pretty interesting. Everyone just openly admits that it was designed for Dr. Death to win and then move on to feud with Stone Cold. I actually saw the Godfather v. Bradshaw live. The concept, you have to applaud the WWE for trying to latch on to MMA, but outside of that concept it was in hindsight just stupid.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's something to be said for the fact that we didn't know if it was real or not. There wasn't a good way to communicate that it was a shoot without burying the rest of the show, so that was a problem. And then once it started we knew it was real because they'd never book something to be so damn boring. It was such a car wreck. I can't believe they didn't just drop it after the first week, but they were committed to using it to get Dr. Death over. Probably would have worked if he had won too, Bart Gunn definitely had a bit of an aura about him after winning. But they never bothered to do anything with him. I'll blame that on Jim Ross being butthurt that his boy got knocked out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho's "best friend," Kevin Owens will be on the podcast Friday.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    There's something to be said for the fact that we didn't know if it was real or not. There wasn't a good way to communicate that it was a shoot without burying the rest of the show, so that was a problem. And then once it started we knew it was real because they'd never book something to be so damn boring. It was such a car wreck. I can't believe they didn't just drop it after the first week, but they were committed to using it to get Dr. Death over. Probably would have worked if he had won too, Bart Gunn definitely had a bit of an aura about him after winning. But they never bothered to do anything with him. I'll blame that on Jim Ross being butthurt that his boy got knocked out.
    I was like, whatever happened to Bart Gunn...Looks like he dabbled in some MMA and lucky for me I have UFC Fight Pass so I think tonight I'm going to have to bust out Pride Bushido 13 and watch him fight Punk Minowa.

But yeah, dude got a raw deal. I'm weird about names, I think BART GUNN just screamed "80's job guy" and he had no emotion at all. Pretty much just like Billy Gunn. He had one emotion, RAWWWWRRRR. Still to this day never understood why on Earth they put him in that boxing match with Butterbean and he had to have been paid pretty well or he was just stupid. The fact that after he KO'd Williams they started scripting the results....who the fuck told him he'd even have a chance and what good was that going to do for the WWE to have this dude get blitzed into a coffin? Still, it's a fucking wonderful KO to watch 100 times.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun stories from Owens on Talk is Jericho. He reiterated something Finn mentioned when he was on about his debut, neither found out what was going on (for Finn's debut night and Owens' title win) until around two hours before the show started. Talked about how he really developed a huge friendship and sense of admiration for Finn when they both arrived at the Performance Center. Talked about how he Facetimed Finn after he talked to his family after winning the Universal title.

Shared a very cool story about how before he was in NXT, he took his son to a show. They were in the second row and Cena finished a match and they rushed up so his son could try to get high-five Cena. Instead, Cena went straight to the back. Owens shared that story to Cena as they were talking about their first feud together and looking for stories they could use as ammunition. Apparently that struck a cord with Cena and there was a time where Cena was doing work at the PC and Owens showed up with his kid. Cena knew they were coming and gave his son an handwritten note (two pages) as a form of an apology.

Plenty of really good stories and thoughts from Owens in that podcast. Definitely recommend it.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; September 9th, 2016 at 3:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goddamnit I hate how fucking lovable cena is. What a stand up dude

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cena for President.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was like, whatever happened to Bart Gunn...Looks like he dabbled in some MMA and lucky for me I have UFC Fight Pass so I think tonight I'm going to have to bust out Pride Bushido 13 and watch him fight Punk Minowa.

But yeah, dude got a raw deal. I'm weird about names, I think BART GUNN just screamed "80's job guy" and he had no emotion at all. Pretty much just like Billy Gunn. He had one emotion, RAWWWWRRRR. Still to this day never understood why on Earth they put him in that boxing match with Butterbean and he had to have been paid pretty well or he was just stupid. The fact that after he KO'd Williams they started scripting the results....who the fuck told him he'd even have a chance and what good was that going to do for the WWE to have this dude get blitzed into a coffin? Still, it's a fucking wonderful KO to watch 100 times.
    I always suspected that the Butterbean match was Jim Ross getting revenge on Bart for knocking out his boy. And everybody else went along with it because they just didn't really give a shit about him.

I think Bart Gunn had a decent career in Japan just because he had a lot of credibility from being the man who knocked out Dr. Death.

The tournament was so dumb. Tons of guys got hurt. Savio Vega ended up retiring, Hawk got hurt, Blackman got hurt, obviously Dr. Death was the biggest loss, he tore his hamstring and lost his credibility when he got knocked out. It was ridiculously boring. The crowd shit on it (they would start booing so fucking loud when the music would come on) and I'm sure it did terribly in the ratings.