Results 6,201 to 6,300 of 7321

Thread: The WWE Network Thread

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Educate me on Podcast One. I'm lost in what you're saying due to the lack of pronouns lol. So when you say "their" usual podcast....WWE's usual podcast is what? I didn't even know they had a podcast. Or are you saying Austin, Jericho, Raven, Konnan, etc. who have shows on Podcast One? When I was saying THEY I meant the WWE. To my knowledge the WWE doesn't have a podcast but I could be mistaken. So if the answer is they don't have one, then that's what I'm saying, why not have their own podcast hosted by so and so and every week or every day they have someone from the WWE or part of the WWE family come in and shoot the shit. WWE likes to control the industry as best as they can so this could be something.

I don't see what's stopping them from having it available on WWE.com or they could air a "live" podcast on the Network like that Bring It To The Table, just with more of a podcast format than what they do on that show.
    Austin and Jericho have two podcasts a week and JR clearly has one. Are you proposing any of those talents do a WWE branded podcast in addition to their normal podcast or in place of their current PodcastOne podcast? Does person X drop their PodcastOne podcasts and just do a podcast in whatever format WWE wants them to? I'm sure there's issues with getting Austin, Jericho, or JR to do it while still doing their PodcastOne podcasts. If WWE were able to manage it and any of those three guys "jumped", how does WWE make money off it because the podcasts are free for download (pay for archived episodes) on PodcastOne?

If WWE can't get any of those three, the person hosting the podcast would have to be of that caliber or have everything working in their favor with no punches being pulled in order to compete.

I don't think they'd have to change Bring It to the Table's format at all to be podcast-friendly.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe something to wrestle is higher than Austin's podcast in regards to rankings in sports/rec. Prichard is behind Jericho though from the list I saw.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Austin and Jericho have two podcasts a week and JR clearly has one. Are you proposing any of those talents do a WWE branded podcast in addition to their normal podcast or in place of their current PodcastOne podcast? Does person X drop their PodcastOne podcasts and just do a podcast in whatever format WWE wants them to? I'm sure there's issues with getting Austin, Jericho, or JR to do it while still doing their PodcastOne podcasts. If WWE were able to manage it and any of those three guys "jumped", how does WWE make money off it because the podcasts are free for download (pay for archived episodes) on PodcastOne?

If WWE can't get any of those three, the person hosting the podcast would have to be of that caliber or have everything working in their favor with no punches being pulled in order to compete.

I don't think they'd have to change Bring It to the Table's format at all to be podcast-friendly.
    Yeah nowhere did I say that it should be someone already running a podcast like Austin, Jericho, etc. so in no way have I suggested at anytime. They don't need to have someone of that caliber as the HOST. The show would be driven by the guest, not the host. I don't give a fuck about Chris Jericho on TIJ, I listen for the guests and the stories. The Wrestling Observer is a great example of how I don't give 2 shits about Meltzer and Alvarez, I care about what Kenny Omega has to talk about. Same with shoot interviews, fuck Shawn whatever his name is, I want to hear Kevin Nash ramble high and drunk with X-Pac haha.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I believe something to wrestle is higher than Austin's podcast in regards to rankings in sports/rec. Prichard is behind Jericho though from the list I saw.
    It's crazy how quickly Prichard's show has risen to the level it's at. They're what, barely a year into this thing and within a few months they were an honorable mention for an ESPY.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they started last August. I didn't even get into it until early Winter and have probably listened to each one twice already. Never gets old. It's also interesting how the shows used to be 1-1.5 hours. Now they rarely go under 2.5 hours

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think the hosts matters to a greater extent then you do. I think it's up to them to poke and prod or follow up if something is there that either doesn't pass the smell test or dig further into more components of a story.

I would just be concerned with it being too cookie cutter because it's micromanaged.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think the hosts matters to a greater extent then you do. I think it's up to them to poke and prod or follow up if something is there that either doesn't pass the smell test or dig further into more components of a story.

I would just be concerned with it being too cookie cutter because it's micromanaged.
    Well now you're not really talking about a podcast you're talking about a criminal investigation lol. They need to poke and prod if something doesn't pass the smell test? Is that what Jericho does? No, he lets these guys talk and chimes in and adds to what they're saying. He doesn't go "Ahhh I don't know about that dude, I read on line that this is what really happened." Actually when I think about it, that kind of stuff doesn't really happen on any of the 3 podcasts you mentioned. When has Jim Ross ever called someone out on their bullshit? Or Austin? I actually can't think of a single wrestler hosted podcast that does this. Or any podcast where a wrestler would come in and the host goes back and forth about something being true or not. They tend to just take it at face value because "everything is a work, brother" so yeah, I think you're more looking for a Howard Stern type host than what is actually being done by Chris Jericho and others.

And if by digging deeper you mean like the time Austin tried that and it was the most uncomfortable turd of a situation with him and Dean Ambrose...is that really needed? If you're into what Katy Perry is sucking down her throat, sure. But I'm not really wanting to hear shock radio. Like I said, if you actually listen to Chris Jericho's podcast, or Austin, or any wrestling related podcast that isn't 2 jackoffs in their basement rambling about last night's Smackdown, you're not getting that approach at all.

I think they could do something like Sam Roberts' show, that's always been a mix of internet rumors and light hearted stories.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I enjoy any podcasts without Conrad running the show. Something to Wrestle and What Happened When are the only two shows I listen to anymore. He just has a good dynamic with Tony and Bruce.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Well now you're not really talking about a podcast you're talking about a criminal investigation lol. They need to poke and prod if something doesn't pass the smell test? Is that what Jericho does? No, he lets these guys talk and chimes in and adds to what they're saying. He doesn't go "Ahhh I don't know about that dude, I read on line that this is what really happened." Actually when I think about it, that kind of stuff doesn't really happen on any of the 3 podcasts you mentioned. When has Jim Ross ever called someone out on their bullshit? Or Austin? I actually can't think of a single wrestler hosted podcast that does this. Or any podcast where a wrestler would come in and the host goes back and forth about something being true or not. They tend to just take it at face value because "everything is a work, brother" so yeah, I think you're more looking for a Howard Stern type host than what is actually being done by Chris Jericho and others.

And if by digging deeper you mean like the time Austin tried that and it was the most uncomfortable turd of a situation with him and Dean Ambrose...is that really needed? If you're into what Katy Perry is sucking down her throat, sure. But I'm not really wanting to hear shock radio. Like I said, if you actually listen to Chris Jericho's podcast, or Austin, or any wrestling related podcast that isn't 2 jackoffs in their basement rambling about last night's Smackdown, you're not getting that approach at all.

I think they could do something like Sam Roberts' show, that's always been a mix of internet rumors and light hearted stories.
    I guess what I'm poorly saying is I don't want a pushover. I want someone who is going to call something out if it's not right. Conrad calls Bruce out on his shit multiple occasions and will try to figure out different ways to ask a question if a brick wall is thrown in front of him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess what I'm poorly saying is I don't want a pushover. I want someone who is going to call something out if it's not right. Conrad calls Bruce out on his shit multiple occasions and will try to figure out different ways to ask a question if a brick wall is thrown in front of him.
    But why does a podcast have to be confrontational when the ones you just mentioned aren't? Conrad and Bruce, you're not going to get that kind of a podcast with the WWE, ever. But again, not all podcasts are confrontational. Nobody that listens to say, TIJ or The Ross Report are hearing these guys call out their guests. If Ric Flair comes on and starts talking about a behind the scenes story, Chris Jericho isn't going to call him out on it.

And if you notice with Bruce and Conrad, 99% of the time Bruce doesn't budge and nothing gets accomplished other than a possible funny "outburst" from either guy that's as staged as the product they're talking about. So again, you're looking at this like shows by Jericho and others are these Howard Stern shock jock style shows and they're not. Even a guy like Dave Meltzer is pretty reserved when he has guests on his show that maybe are telling a story he or the audience knows is bullshit. If the WWE did a show like what you're suggesting, good luck finding anyone who would want to be on it. Nobody wants to go on a radio show/podcast and be attacked.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a lot of ways, these podcasts are a way for the guests to promote themselves and the host to get the views/hits/advertisement revenue to help their own cause. The "poking and prodding" would probably lead to fewer guests willing to make appearances if they're constantly pushed into awkward situations on the show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah and I am sure Conrad and Bruce both get a kick out of it. They can do what they want because they don't have to worry about guests. Conrad can call Bruce out on WWE running a show in NC and drawing 3500 people and not worry about whether or not Bruce comes back next week

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And using that example, that whole bit went nowhere. Bruce was getting poked and prodded about something he really couldn't answer and sometimes I think the answer Conrad is looking for is what smart marks want Bruce to say. He wants Bruce to go "Hulk Hogan wasn't that big of a draw" or something NEGATIVE. Conrad plays the role of Meltzer fan pretty damn good BUT he rarely gets what he wants out of the scenario, EVER.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah it didn't go anywhere but it was a good question. Why is WWE running a show in WCW country after they it failed before. It adds more fun.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ideally WWE would get top level people to host their podcasts, but even if they didn't, they would still have the massive WWE promotion machine pushing them. That's something no other wrestling podcast has. They can promote the shows on Raw. On the WWE Twitter account (over nine million followers, twice as many as Austin). On WWE.com. Promotional juggernaut.

Podcasts are ridiculously cheap to produce and can get millions of downloads. Seems like an obvious revenue stream that they're missing out on.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very randomly-placed but interesting enough interview with Graves and the Hardyz popped up on the Network.

Graves asked Matt about going back to regular Matt Hardy:

"For me, it was very odd going back to being regular Matt Hardy version 1 or Matt Hardy, Team Xtreme. It was tricky at first. It was hard to actually be me, which sounds strange, but it was because I got so used to my other thing. Things that I had created or morphed into, I almost became. I felt like a broken man having to go back to being plain old Matt Hardy in many ways. It’s still within me, it’s still contained, and I think when the time is right, I will unleash it again."

Then Graves asked Matt about the status of his Broken or Shattered character and it coming to WWE:

"I definitely think there’s a chance. It’s something that’s a work in progress. Unfortunately, because of legal reasons, I really can’t go into that right now. But I find it very flattering and humbling that every time we come wrestle in front of the WWE Universe they chant, and they address it and they acknowledge it. Please, keep doing that. We love it when they do that. And hopefully sooner rather than later we’ll be able to go into more detail about everything. When it happens - I’m not even gonna say if - when it happens, it’s gonna be the most exciting thing to hit WWE programming in a long long time. We’re gonna keep people guessing."

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2017/0...onth-revealed/

So, it turns out that we’re not just getting some old school live events this month. In a WWE Network News exclusive, we can reveal that WWE are planning to drop what seems to be the first two years of ECW’s relaunch!

While the brand is understandably derided for its distancing from the original extreme promotion, the third, purple brand is actually the last major missing puzzle piece for following the weekly TV of the original brand split.

While it’s not 100% certain when these episodes will begin appearing, we can confirm that WWE already has some episodes within the Network’s system. We’ll obviously update you as soon as the show makes its official debut on WWE Network.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll definitely watch some of those. WWECW was so weird. Mix of brilliant stuff and absolutely terrible stuff.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to rewatch that little bit at the beginning when Paul had some control leading into when Paul was demoted.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, according to most, Paul's contributions were pretty much null and void before the first show even aired as the first show was pretty much re-written from what Paul wanted to do and after that his shit was handcuffed to the point where he didn't even last what, 6 months before he said PEACE OUT FUCKERS!

WWECW was like most of the product the last 15 years where you could probably cram everything good over those 4-5 years into maybe 8 months of really good shit but for the most part it was tough for a die hard ECW fan to watch that version. It's like buying a new Nirvana CD with all new original material and the only person involved was Jason Everman............that's not saying WWECW sucked, it just wasn't ECW and had it been a different name I would probably think of it more highly but it's tough. With that said, can't wait to start watching as I said, they had some really good stuff here and there. One of my favorite matches of that era was Ric Flair v. Big Show, I know it gets shit on in some circles but damn it was brutal.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't believe it when Conrad and Prichard both said they hated that match on the WWECW episode. I love that match. The fact that Flair doesn't normally do hardcore wrestling was exactly what made that so great. 55 year old Ric Flair taking bumps on thumbtacks and using barb wire. That was amazing.

I want to see ECW Big Show, early CM Punk, Miz and Morrison, Sabu's surprisingly good WWE run. There was a lot of interesting stuff in WWECW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    I couldn't believe it when Conrad and Prichard both said they hated that match on the WWECW episode. I love that match. The fact that Flair doesn't normally do hardcore wrestling was exactly what made that so great. 55 year old Ric Flair taking bumps on thumbtacks and using barb wire. That was amazing.

I want to see ECW Big Show, early CM Punk, Miz and Morrison, Sabu's surprisingly good WWE run. There was a lot of interesting stuff in WWECW.
    Honestly I wasn't that shocked because Bruce is not a fan of hardcore wrestling to that extent and Conrad, while a big fan of ECW (I think I heard him say he also watched FMW) but he's a Flair mark and I'm sure a lot of Flair fans didn't like seeing Flair wrestle as long as he did and probably didn't enjoy that match because it was more Terry Funk than Ric Flair if that makes sense. I liked it so much because of that reason, that it wasn't standard Flair shit. Just like when he was in the MITB match, fucking loved it with him taking that Hardy superplex. Or how about the TLC match he had? Just like Lawler doing a TLC, fucking great shit seeing these guys in a totally different environment.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2017/0...he-hell-is-it/

Apparently on July 10th the first two years worth of episodes will go up all at once.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual, they produced another strong 24 documentary. The Kurt Angle doc is solid. Heartbreaking stuff in the middle portion when he's talking about his family. Definitely watch it when you can.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't necessarily apply to this one, but I really feel like something like the Balor and Rollins 24 episodes should have aired on Raw broken into multiple parts. Would have been a great way to build up their returns.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    They showed the Rollins rehab bit with the doctor on Raw.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    First time watching Mind Games though (Seen the famous Shawn/Mankind match before). Excellent in ring segment with Pillman/Owen and SCSA basically calling Bret a chicken for not showing up 'If you put S in front of Hitman you have my exact opinion on Bret Hart'

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    God I miss those days. 1996/97 was an excellent time.

Watched 3 Table For 3s last night. Yes, it's too short, but I just love them. Watched the Show/Kane/Henry, Renee/Lita/Graves and Barrett/Sheamus/Regal ones.

Best one was the first one. I could listen to Show and Kane speak for hours.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Can't remember if I bought this up before, But when I watch old events on the network and they show numbers for the Super Star line or merchandise and they put no longer active over the number, I wonder who the fuck would be watching a 96 ppv and possibly think they can ring into the Super Star line live?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I wouldn't put it past some of the posters round here...

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd imagine that the number has been given to someone somewhere, and it's to avoid that person getting unwanted calls.

People may be curious, who knows

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I saw a PPV where Sunny was on the superstar line. I tried calling because I assumed 2017 Sunny would answer and be willing to have phone sex, but I could still look at 1996 Sunny on the TV while I jerked off.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Can't remember if I bought this up before, But when I watch old events on the network and they show numbers for the Super Star line or merchandise and they put no longer active over the number, I wonder who the fuck would be watching a 96 ppv and possibly think they can ring into the Super Star line live?
    You mean that wasn't Paul Orndorff I talked to when I called the WCW Superstar Line from Slamboree 1993 the other day?

Well.... whoever it was, they sure hated Hulk Hogan. And he knew a lot about running bowling alleys.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    What was Jericho's WCW theme? Reason I ask is because his WWE theme is dubbed over it on the Network? Thought it was only Hogan and DDPs themes that caused the usual royalty issue...

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    They seem to dub the Godwinns earliest theme on the network, Fuck knows why.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was wrong with DDPs theme? I know it was a blatant Nirvana rip off but it wasn't an actual licensed theme.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I knew about the Godwinns, aye. A dispute with Hillbilly Jim, perhaps.

And yeah, DDP was a blatant Nirvana rip off, but not Nirvana, so who knows.

Of course, I haven't got there yet, but Sting's will be once he starts using Seek and Destroy by Metallica.

Jericho's one though, I can't remember the original. Surely some generic shit, but the fact its been replaced suggests not.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I just tweeted Chris to ask your question, You are welcome Murphy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    What was Jericho's WCW theme? Reason I ask is because his WWE theme is dubbed over it on the Network? Thought it was only Hogan and DDPs themes that caused the usual royalty issue...
    It was a knock off of a Pearl Jam song. "Even Flow" I think.

I assume it's dubbed to avoid any risk of being sued for trademark infringement. Same deal with DDP and Raven's WCW songs. DDP's being a knockoff of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and Raven's being "Nevermind."

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wcw sure loves grunge music

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a mixed bag result but the Network will be launching in China. It will start on the 18th. It appears that the plus is that a massive audience will open up but the downside appears to be that this market isn't naturally geared towards streaming services.

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WCW loved ripping off hit songs. Rick Rude had a reworked version of Janet Jackson's "Black Cat", Barry Windham had a song that sounded like a mashup of ZZ Top's "La Grange" and Boston's "Smokin'", and somebody (I think it was Dustin Rhodes) had "Money For Nothing"
    Last edited by darkhorse; August 10th, 2017 at 3:44 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Random as you like, but I've been watching Table For 3 episodes recently, and on the intro, those glasses they're pouring water into could do with a fucking clean. Filthy.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Feel like I may have mentioned it before but fuck it. Watching Survivor Series 96 again and MSG booing the fuck out of Michaels vs Sid never gets old

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Though Vince wanking himself silly every time HBK wrestles in this time period is becoming a bit tedious tbh.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE most athletic!
    THE most charasmatic!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH! whenever Shawn's music hits.

Seriously, Vince had such a crush on Shawn he couldn't see that the boy toy character didn't connect with the older male fans. That Shawn Michaels was definitely a heel.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, it's like being told by your parents that something is cool.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Been watching some 96 Nitros and now I have fucking 'Steiner Line' stuck in my head and playing on loop

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    The match they had with the Road Warriors is the tits. I think it was '96.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I started with the ep where Hall debuted, So either that match was before then and I have missed it or it has yet to come. On another note, Miss Elizabeth never looks comfortable out their with Ric, Especially when he's putting a verbal beat down on Randy, I mean I guess she needed the money but she didn't look very happy to be there.
    Last edited by Peter Griffin; September 14th, 2017 at 6:07 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Liz looked way out of place in WCW. As did Bret Hart. Very different talents right there!

I watched Bret/Flair from Souled Out '98 the other day. Not as good as I remembered it, but easily in Bret's top 3 WCW matches.

I think the Steiners/Warriors match was probably before that. Well worth checking out just that match though.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'll have a look bud.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    On another note Disco Inferno is doing my nut in...But I guess that's the point

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Also given the latest cuts in WWE with Pyro, It's a complete opposite on Nitro where they go pyro crazy to open up the second hour of every show

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Speaking of pyro, if Goldberg ever does have another match, he has to have pyro, right? That shit would look weird.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt his pyro costs much money.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    He can have sparklers like Gillberg.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Speaking of pyro, if Goldberg ever does have another match, he has to have pyro, right? That shit would look weird.
    They don't mind Lesnar looking like an idiot without pyro.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The match they had with the Road Warriors is the tits. I think it was '96.
    Just finished it, Good little match, Though Animal seems a little behind the pace, I think he was coming back from injury in 95/96 though tbf.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Also I went into it with no context, Were LOD heels given the finish? Haha.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia

I don't think they were heels, no. Maybe they were headed that way, but I think they left soon after?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't remember the story on why LOD were only in WCW for a couple months in 1996. They don't debut in the WWF until early 1997. Must have been working on a handshake deal and gotten a better offer to go back to Japan?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any reason why LOD left the WWF in 1992? Was their contract out or just issues backstage or what? I feel like they were only there for under 2 years, right?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any reason why LOD left the WWF in 1992? Was their contract out or just issues backstage or what? I feel like they were only there for under 2 years, right?
    I think this was when Hawk walked out and Animal wasn't too happy about him doing that because I guess Animal used to handle most if not all of the business aspects of the Road Warriors. Hawk was pissed off at Vince, told him to fuck off, and that was that.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My favorite Hawk moment is when he opened a door to walk in on a Vader interview ahha. Anyone know what even this was at?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite Hawk moment in the WWF was when he was doing the drunk angle and I don't know WHY off the top of my head but he came out and starts destroying the Insane Clown Posse. And I loved ICP back in the late 90's but I loved Hawk more. Hawk was great. Animal sucks. He's proof of what happens when the real Neidhart of the group is pushed like he's the Bret of the group.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't remember the story on why LOD were only in WCW for a couple months in 1996. They don't debut in the WWF until early 1997. Must have been working on a handshake deal and gotten a better offer to go back to Japan?
    From what Eric Bischoff said in an interview, WCW didn't know how to handle LOD in 1996. They couldn't book them to be the invincible monsters and you could tell, even by the time, that they wouldn't have the longevity they had. Even by 1996, they were looking a little old. Bischoff claims that he didn't know "how to make the Road Warriors mortal, against a couple "real" guys like Nash and Hall". So, Japan came along and wanted them and Eric was glad to let them go. Then Vince grabbed them from there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit
    Last edited by Tim; September 15th, 2017 at 10:56 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    What the fuck was Tony Schiavone on? I was watching Superbrawl VIII last night a sloppy TV title match between Booker T and Perry Saturn.

Towards the end, Tony comes out with "This will go down as one of the greatest matches...EVER"

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I unsubscribed probably around July/August and have just had an email with 3 free months!

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I got the same offer today.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Nitro after Hogans turn, And possibly the most nonsensical promo of all time backstage between Steiners and Nasty Boys

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anyone know why This Week in WWE is on episode 400 something? Wasn't this show created for the Network? Shouldn't it be on 100 something?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    WCW PPVs are hard work on the whole, from probably around '95 to where I am now, which is '98. Undercard matches are so long and the main events between the old established geezers are so short. The undercard matches, some are great, what with the talent they have. Dragon, Malenko, Jericho, Booker, Juvi, Rey, etc etc. But some of these matches are harmed by how long they go. I was watching Saturn vs. Kanyon from The Great American Bash last night and this went on forever. Fans totally zoned out and started a 'boring' chant.

The main events are so short, thankfully, because they're all so fucking old. And EVERY finish is a schmoz because all the fuckers have creative control in their contracts, so nobody ever loses cleanly. Pretty sure Nash was supposed to lose to the Giant at a PPV at some point, Starrcade I think, so he no-showed.

I have no clue why I'm going through them all. It's genuinely a worry. It's not all bad, but I am wasting a lot of time here.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Conversely, I tried watching some older NWA/WCW stuff from 89/90, And whereas you have got some brilliant matches with Flair.Steamboat trilogy etc, I cannot get into the 'style' of wrestling and I don't know why, I can only guess it's because I was bought up on WWF.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Well, I recall loving The Great American Bash of 1990. Southern Boys and I think it's the Midnight Express, had an absolute belter.

I started my WCW PPVs at Fall Brawl '95, or whichever one it was after the first Nitro, and I'll watch until the end in 2001. Looking forward to then going back and starting with Starrcade 1983. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get more enjoyment out of the old stuff. And there are barely any PPVs back then, that helps too.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    I got the same offer today.
    Me too

Cancelled after the Jinder debacle

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I feel like I should cancel to get some free months. Maybe after 'Mania, if I last that long. Maybe after Survivor Series.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Goldust as a work but I hated the Natural. His matches bored the shit out of me and they always ended in 30 minute draws or were the longest match on the show. It always seemed to be a tag match too.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anyone signing up to the global farce network

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Goldust as a work but I hated the Natural. His matches bored the shit out of me and they always ended in 30 minute draws or were the longest match on the show. It always seemed to be a tag match too.
    Seriously? Man, watching some old WCW shows gave me a new appreciation for Dustin Rhodes. Dude was one of the best young workers in the world in the early to mid-90's. His matches against Steve Austin over the U.S. title are fantastic.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really loved his matches with Austin. Both guys were so smooth and athletic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really loved his matches with Austin. Both guys were so smooth and athletic.
    Also, watching some old-school Austin stuff in WCW. I never realized it before, but Austin had Tyler Bate hair. The mid-length blond mop head look.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Seriously? Man, watching some old WCW shows gave me a new appreciation for Dustin Rhodes. Dude was one of the best young workers in the world in the early to mid-90's. His matches against Steve Austin over the U.S. title are fantastic.
    Dustin was awesome back in those days. Check out his 1994 match with Vader on one of the Clash of the Champions events, it's one of my favorite Dustin Rhodes matches.

/The bloody Spring Stampede '94 brawl with Bunkhouse Buck was pretty cool too in a different way. Dustin could brawl or wrestle just as good either way.
    Last edited by OD50; October 12th, 2017 at 5:00 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Over here in the UK, we never got enough WCW to ever have a choice between them and the WWF. If we did, I say there's a good chance I'd have been a WCW guy. It was always more about the wrestling down in WCW, particularly earlier on.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    WCW was the first weekly wrestling I actually watched, I had watched WWF PPV'S but ITV showed WCW (forget the name of the show), I remember vividly (as a naive kid) seeing Hogan on WCW and thinking how silly of WCW to rip off the Hogan gimmick with a fake, As clearly the REAL Hulk was in WWF

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ha, excellent.

My first memory was possibly the same show. It was Rick Rude doing his posing.

It did always seem like a poor man's WWF though. It just had a vibe to it. The fact TV was filmed in a studio didn't help.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    My fave in those ITV days was Jonny B Badd, I hate 7/8 year old me, Such a div

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    WCW was the first weekly wrestling I actually watched, I had watched WWF PPV'S but ITV showed WCW (forget the name of the show), I remember vividly (as a naive kid) seeing Hogan on WCW and thinking how silly of WCW to rip off the Hogan gimmick with a fake, As clearly the REAL Hulk was in WWF
    WCW Worldwide.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was taken to the Royal Albert Hall to see WCW (British Bulldog and Vader v Rick Rude and Ric Flair main event ) and watched on ITV each week but my sister's boyfriend at the time had Sky and taped WWF for me each week. I bloody loved him.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    WCW Worldwide.
    Ahhh was it? I know the latter C5 highlight show was worldwide, That was pretty wank though.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    With the Batman 'Kerpow' shit.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    yeah

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Batista would look worse.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Batista would look worse.

I'd love to see that.

Simon
    My earliest wrestling memories are seeing WCW on ITV, I think it was early evening. The only thing I can remember is the Steiners.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    My earliest wrestling memories are seeing WCW on ITV, I think it was early evening. The only thing I can remember is the Steiners.
    I know I used to watch it on ITV somewhere in the 2-4 pm range, Then I think it did move to a bit later, Then eventually to a graveyard late night slot.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is it bad I've only ever watched WWE? I've seen clips of other shows, but I've never seen a full WCW Nitro, a full WCW PPV, a full TNA show. I did see a ROH show live but I was bored to tears by it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    You should at least try a recommended show or period of time from another organisation.

One of my favourite periods in wrestling was ROH in 2006, a time when I felt WWE struggled badly.

I was also a big ECW fan back in the day, but that stuff hasn't aged too well.

TNA was great back in 2004-2008ish. Not consistently, but there was some great stuff there.

WCW had some great one off shows.