Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6268697071727374 LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,200 of 7321

Thread: The WWE Network Thread

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally finished the Last Ride documentary. What an amazing and well done little series that was. I wish they could have done that with other greats.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's kind of funny, in many years, the Last Ride would probably have won an emmy for best documentary series. The competition this year really raised the bar.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm a fan of the content that WWE Network provides, but I'm not a fan of navigating the app. Sometimes it plays something different to what I clicked on. I think there me be some delay in catching up to the remote movements. Also, it logs me out frequently, which is frustrating, but I've had that happen with other apps. So I don't tend to go back and watch old stuff as much as I should. Live stream never gives me issues so that's a plus I suppose.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'm a fan of the content that WWE Network provides, but I'm not a fan of navigating the app. Sometimes it plays something different to what I clicked on. I think there me be some delay in catching up to the remote movements. Also, it logs me out frequently, which is frustrating, but I've had that happen with other apps. So I don't tend to go back and watch old stuff as much as I should. Live stream never gives me issues so that's a plus I suppose.
    Every time I try to watch a live broadcast of something, the title on the upper-right hand side along with the description, is always of something else. Usually, whatever's on next. Its funky.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Every time I try to watch a live broadcast of something, the title on the upper-right hand side along with the description, is always of something else. Usually, whatever's on next. Its funky.
    Want to do a road trip to WWE Network headquarters and set things straight?

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been reading a lot that the Network is offering free content or some sort of free content, but every time I go to it I see nothing.
    Not to say it is not worth paying for, but if there is free content I would like to take advantage of that of course.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    So I ordered the channel, thinking it was like a Netflix/Hulu/Crave where I could go through the various shows and knock out “The Last Ride” in a couple of days...huge swing and a miss.

Any ideas on how to find “The Last Ride” on the network? Do I have to manually scroll through daily programming in the hopes they replay the episodes?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    You found it yet, @Tyson?

There are menus across the top of the screen, maybe left. It's under 'Originals'.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I may be wrong but in Canada isn't it a actual cable channel?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Oh God, still?

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to chime in to say The R-Truth Game Show is an absolute gem.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    My lad loves it. Saw him watching the Nattie one. Good, harmless fun.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maverick by far the best guest so far. Reigns on the other hand was a bit underwhelming IMO.

I’m hoping Tozawa gets in on this and Truth just minuses him 50 points just for fun.

Really fun show overall though.
    Last edited by Badger; August 6th, 2020 at 4:35 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First episode of Timeline was pretty good. It featured Bryan and Miz. There's plenty of history between those two so that makes for a rich story to work off of. I believe Mauro Ranallo is narrating each episode.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strowman had a heck of a set of stories during the WrestleMania - The Show Must Go on 24 doc.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What does the free version have? Or rather, what am I getting for $9.99 a month that free people aren't?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Is 'The Show Must Go On' 24 worth a watch?

Usually love these, so guessing it is. But I have so little free time these days, so I thought I'd ask you fine folk first. And I've still only seen episode one of the 'Taker series.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Iiked it, Especially seeing the real stuff, Brawn is an emotional guy... Oh and Vince showing gronk up as a pussy.
    Last edited by Peter Griffin; August 26th, 2020 at 6:14 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ha, sounds fun.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Is 'The Show Must Go On' 24 worth a watch?

Usually love these, so guessing it is. But I have so little free time these days, so I thought I'd ask you fine folk first. And I've still only seen episode one of the 'Taker series.
    It was good. The stuff between Charlotte and Rhea after the match is stuff you usually don't see.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Untold on Bayley/Sasha is lovely stuff. Great bio on them both and their friendship Always love seeing those "I saw wrestling when i was a kid, decided it was my dream, pursued it, and achieved it" stories. Cool to have them give insight on their TakeOver: Brooklyn match to cap it off.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Could you imagine if I had that dream? I could have headlined WrestleMania with Brock Lesnar. Never for one second did I think "I want to do that".

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    The Untold on Bayley/Sasha is lovely stuff. Great bio on them both and their friendship Always love seeing those "I saw wrestling when i was a kid, decided it was my dream, pursued it, and achieved it" stories. Cool to have them give insight on their TakeOver: Brooklyn match to cap it off.

I must watch this one. Their match at TakeOver Brooklyn is probably in my top 3 matches ever and deffo my favourite match of the last few years. The last decade, even. Loved it that much.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    So, I see the Network has some ICW, Progress and Evolve shows up.

Any particular shows that are really worth going out of my way to see?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    All the ICW stuff up I enjoyed, Though I can't stop 'no kinky, no party' playing over and over in my head now #IfYouKnowYouKnow

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    That's not to say anything about the rest of it I just happened to watch their stuff first. Watched the WXW stuff as well, enjoyable enough, liked the women's tournament, On to progress today.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I read an article a week or so ago that the WWE were pulling certain episodes of Evolve, Progress etc. because of the speaking out movement. Do you think they'll pull old episodes of RAW and Smackdown where Jerry Lawler calls Goldust a fag, Vince McMahon says the N word, Trish barking like a dog, bra and panty matches, etc.? Also, why are they called panties when it's just one, shouldn't it be like "I have to go put on my panty"

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they started pulling old questionable promos that were fine in their time, but never would fly by today's standards, they'd have to get rid of most of the Rock's promos

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Poontang pie baby

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Mizark Henry.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read an article a week or so ago that the WWE were pulling certain episodes of Evolve, Progress etc. because of the speaking out movement. Do you think they'll pull old episodes of RAW and Smackdown where Jerry Lawler calls Goldust a fag, Vince McMahon says the N word, Trish barking like a dog, bra and panty matches, etc.? Also, why are they called panties when it's just one, shouldn't it be like "I have to go put on my panty"
    Well, since the start of the Network they've been doing a lot of editing. There are just so many fucking shows. Like some shows they edit any mention of Chris Benoit's name, every match on the Network of his says "Dean Malenko defends US title" or "Triple H defends the title in a triple threat" But there are many shows where you still hear his name and see the graphic despite others not having it.

I know someone made a big deal about the WWE leaving in the comment about how Joey Styles hoped Mike Awesome killed himself on a suicide dive or some shit and it's like dude, they can't just go through and say "Well that might offend 1 of our million subscribers we better edit it out!"

The triggered minority can go watch sunflowers grow and they'll probably get triggered by the angle it grows lol

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just rewatch old RAW episodes from 1993 regularly. I loved those times so much. Maybe I'll expand into 1994.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE Timeline series is great stuff.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched Austin/Bret in the submission match.

You know what's missing from pretty much all wrestling these days? Two guys who look legit pissed the fuck off at each other. Now in reality Austin thought Bret hung the moon but when you watch the match it's sooooo easy to suspend your disbelief because of how seriously hateful these two look at each other.

God I hate modern wrestling and it's low self esteem. Everyone is too half embarassed at what they're doing and too eager to wink into the camera so that we know that they know that we know that it's all fake. Like the news just broke last week.

One way to make sure I wont tune in to anything new is to watch something old.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Watched that recently. Loved it as much as I did in 1997. That feud was mega. And you can totally understand Bret's turn too. Amazing stuff. In fact, I've been watching 1997 WWF PPVs and watched most of SummerSlam last night. Helmsley and Mankind had a decent little feud there and nice to see Foley get the win in the cage here. I'd actually forgotten the finish and thought Chyna may have pulled H out of the cage before Foley managed to escape, so that was a nice surprise watching it last night.

Not a great show, underneath, otherwise. That said, it was a little sloppy, but Bulldog and Shamrock was kinda fun. And LOD and the Godwinns was ugly as, but still fun. Los Boricuas and DOA was utter garbage though. And Pillman and Goldust was a struggle.

Just the two main matches to go. Austin/Owen and Bret/'Taker.

Then on to Ground Zero and One Night Only.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin/Owen was about 99.9% on its way to being a classic, until the Austin neck break.

It took a while, but I've never seen once match so utterly ruin a company and wrestling as a whole, as that one match.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was watching Broken Skulls with Jerry Lawler last night. Reminded how much of a weirdo Jim Carrey was during the filming of Man On The Moon.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Just watched Austin/Bret in the submission match.

You know what's missing from pretty much all wrestling these days? Two guys who look legit pissed the fuck off at each other. Now in reality Austin thought Bret hung the moon but when you watch the match it's sooooo easy to suspend your disbelief because of how seriously hateful these two look at each other.

God I hate modern wrestling and it's low self esteem. Everyone is too half embarassed at what they're doing and too eager to wink into the camera so that we know that they know that we know that it's all fake. Like the news just broke last week.

One way to make sure I wont tune in to anything new is to watch something old.
    The closest we came to getting two guys who could pull this off was in the build for the Randy Orton and Edge series this year. And WWE had to screw it up by tagging it the Greatest Match Ever ahead of time. But their promos against each other really worked better than anything else in years.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Gonna make myself look a right thick cunt here, But when watching say am episode of raw, the chapter points (thumbnails) have a flag on them, I can't seem to highlight them (fire TV app) and wondered what they are for, I've never thought about it before lols.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chapter points rarely work for me. I click on one and it plays a completely different PPV/episode. It's a poorly made app with a lot of flaws. I like the look much better than the old design, but man the old design at least worked properly. I'm not sure I've ever noticed the flags, so I'm not sure what they are.

The most frustrating part is that it logs me out at least once a week, even though I clicked the "keep me signed in" thing. Though other apps have started to do that too, basically everything but Hulu or Netflix makes me re-login weekly or monthly. A security thing I suppose, but still frustrating.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like how i am watching an older episode of raw say March 1999. once i leave the show it takes me back to the most current raw.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    For PPVs, you finish, lets say SummerSlam 1998, and then it takes it you to SummerSlam 1999. The next PPV would make more sense.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For PPVs, you finish, lets say SummerSlam 1998, and then it takes it you to SummerSlam 1999. The next PPV would make more sense.
    It doesn't make MORE sense.

It just makes sense.

Going to the next SummerSlam makes NO sense.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    It doesn't make MORE sense.

It just makes sense.

Going to the next SummerSlam makes NO sense.
    Fucking love the next PPV too, Breakdown 1998. The “masterplan” which didn’t quite work out and led to the wonderful Zamboni segment on Raw. McMahon screaming in pain though the steel steps missed his ankle by a country mile plus that triple threat cage match where Rock technically didn’t get to use his number 1 contendership but it was still great. Also spun off the Mankind/Shamrock feud where the next PPV he stuffed Socko in his mouth rather than submit.

Need to watch that shit again.
    Last edited by Badger; October 17th, 2020 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be slightly late to the party here but loved Austin/Angle Broken Skull Sessions last month and the fact Angle gave much love to Austin looking up to him and the reason Angle picked things up so quickly and caught up in the business so quickly.

Angle was the one man that could get Austin hated even if right after his heel turn Austin beat up JR in Oklahoma. Austin was trying something new and largely the fans couldn’t accept it through no real fault of Austin’s but Angle did his best. Conversely Angle got Austin’s approval on winning the title at Unforgiven after 9/11.

It’s definitely a good watch if you haven’t done so already.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I keep meaning to watch that one, Badge. Will check it out.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of it is a retread if you’ve read the book like I have but it’s still a fun watch.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I watched the new Paul Bearer special because I saw it recommended and it was really good. Features the likes of Taker, Kane and Michael Hayes who go way back with him and it was great to have Bearer himself talking about his life. Quite touching at the end with how they talk about his wife's death and then his just a few years later. Very well done doc and a nice thing to watch in the lead up to Undertaker's 30th Anniversary/presumed retirement at Survivor Series.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Seconded, Very good watch.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thirded. Really enjoyed it. Bearer was iconic and Moody himself seemed beloved.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Between watching that and the 20/20 special on alex Trebek, tears were flowing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The last few minutes of the Paul Bearer special had me watering. I didn't know he was that bad off.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot his son passed away not that long ago as well. The one that looked exactly like him at the HOF ceremony.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Yoko doc that aired after Rumble last night was incredible. Highly recommend for anyone who didn't watch it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    The Yoko doc that aired after Rumble last night was incredible. Highly recommend for anyone who didn't watch it.

Yes, this was excellent, really enjoyed it. Would like to see more of this kind of thing, so many wrestlers who wouldn't have people crying out for documentary a on them but would be great content on the Network.

People like Boss Man, Rude, Perfect, Bundy, Orndoorf etc

Maybes they have, only got the Network again last week so ain't looked through it properly but I'd watch a lot of stuff like that over the backstage shows and things they do.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea he was a huge star. I thought he was just another guy who floated around the midcard, while making the occasional main event appearance. I started watching in 1998, and have only really gone back and watched the late 80’s... so Yoko had always evaded my interest. I want to go back and watch some of his old matches now.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved a few posts about the Yoko doc here as it seems like the better place.

Just finished watching it myself. Very well done. Yoko was before i started watching for the most part other than glimpses I got from magazines, video games, online pics, and maybe a match or two I caught at a hotel or friend's house(before I had cable). The larger than life aspect was so true. I remember catching a RAW match between him and HBK at a hotel once and the guy seemed like King Kong, biggest human I'd ever seen. Captivating. So I've always kind of had an interst in the dude but never really saw much of his work or knew much about him. Really great to get a solid career retrospective and to hear about the man from his friends/family/colleagues. Sad as fuck, too. You just watch his career/life and he gets bigger and bigger and bigger until it kills him. And I have to wonder if he didn't want to lose weight because he saw his size as his worth, that was what sold him and made him a star, set him apart, made him special, so losing weight was like losing value maybe? 34 is so fucking young, I didn't realize he was so young. So sad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People always bring up how guys like Bret, Shawn, Vader, etc would have done in WWE during the Attitude Era but Yoko could have also been amazing during that period. Him v Austin, Rock, Foley, HHH, Big Show could have been huge matches. He only really just missed out as well as he was fired just as all these were coming in.

Anyway, Ive been watching some early 80s stuff, working through Mid Atlantic at the moment and found a great match between Roddy Piper and Jay Young blood in October 81, really enjoyed it, the selling is superb, obviously more grappling and brawling than the athletic stuff we get thesedays but it felt like a proper fight, really great match

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    For some random reason, my son says Yokozuna is his favourite ever wrestler. He asked for months for a figure of him. They're so expensive, but we finally got him one the Christmas before last.

I'll watch the doc with him, I think.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yoko doc was solid. Wasn't expecting to see a clip of Denise van Outen presenting channel 4's The Big Breakfast.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Didn't he pass away like the day after that appearance?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What do you call a fat fish? Yokotuna of course.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big chunk of bonus material on Yoko:
    "Dive deeper into the legend of Yokozuna with Matt Camp and Ryan Pappolla as they dissect the premiere episode of WWE Icons and bring on WWE Hall of Famers Bret Hart, Rikishi and Sgt. Slaughter for additional stories about their time with the two-time WWE Champion."

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Started watching Survivor Series 1997 last night. Woof! Fuck it was bad.

Opening traditional affair was New Blackjacks and the Headbangers up against the Godwinns and Road Dog and Gunn. When it was over, I thought to myself that it was the worst traditional Survivor Servies match I'd ever seen and then I watched The Truth Commission Vs. DOA and that was even worse!

Third match on the show is another one with a Team US/Team Canada match. Mildly, mildly better, but still crap.

Mankind and Kane have just had the best match on the show and it didn't take much. As expected, Foley bumped like a mad man to make Kane look like a monster.

Will finish the show tonight. Next up is the Nation against, LOD, Johnson and Shamrock.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I find watching a lot of mid - late 90s PPVs hard to watch because they are just bad. But the characters are great enough to keep things interesting.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    100% Donald. The action doesn't hold up well, but most of the roster is 'over' to a degree and they are far more interesting.

Hell, I'd take 1997 over 2021. That may seem like a given, but the action back then really is that bad. For the most part, anyway. WCW was far better of course, in-ring wise, back then. As was ECW, thinking about it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1997 was pretty great though throughout. The company's were very top though and relied on the top guys to sell the product whereas now you have a much deeper roster with better matches throughout. They just aren't allowed to be very interesting.

Most of 97/98 is focused on Hart Foundation, DX, Austin, Foley, Kane and Undertaker. Think Vader was still there but probablys not in his best of shape and his best days behind him. Yoko pretty much gone, Goldust probably in some decent angles but after that is pretty much mid carders who aren't the best technical wrestlers.

WCW is probably better for an overall show as they had all the cruisers putting on great matches with Benoit (not treat as a cruiser tbf),Eddie, Jericho, Rey, Malenko, Raven, Syxx, Jerry Lynne? And they hadn't overdone NWO at that point so top of the card was still.entertaining.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the one on the APA yesterday. That was good. I really haven't watched a lot of non-wrestling show stuff but getting around to it.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    For some random reason, my son says Yokozuna is his favourite ever wrestler. He asked for months for a figure of him. They're so expensive, but we finally got him one the Christmas before last.

I'll watch the doc with him, I think.
    I have a couple Yoko figures still boxed up. They definitely aren't cheap.

My older son went through a phase where the bigger they were, the more he liked them. Yoko was on that list for sure.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally watched the Superstar Spectacle last night. I will say this. The WWE were very smart with who they paired up most people with. 90% of the WWE superstars they used were the absolute best workers in the company. I actually enjoyed the 8-man tag match the most. AJ Styles v. Jeet Rama, I really like that Rama and the wrestling footage they showed of those guys just mauling each other outdoors was fuckin sick.

If you watch any match, the 8-man tag is the match to watch. 2 Goliaths with Rey and Ricochet v. Nakamura, Dolph, Cesaro, and Corbin. Brilliant match.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i watched the 9/22/97 episode of RAW, famous for the first ever austin on mcmahon stunner and the cactus jack debut vs. triple h. the whole show is great, literally everything on the show is a good. both the stunner segment and the cactus jack/triple h falls count anywhere obviously hold up as classic segments, but there's alos lots of good built to the undertaker/michaels hell in a cell match, and the main event is a really good, hard fought bret hart vs. goldust match, maybe the best original run goldust singles match in wwe. definitely one of the best single episodes of a weekly wrestling show you can watch.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Watched Orton on the Broken Skull Sessions. At one point Austin asks about his feud with Drew McIntyre last year and Orton says that he initially had "no interest" in working with him but that changed over time as they got to know each other better. Austin seems to know what he's talking about but I feel like I've missed something here. I wasn't watching when they had that feud last year and I haven't seen the episode of BSS with Drew either. Was there some heat there that I don't know about? I couldn't find anything with a google.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Watched Orton on the Broken Skull Sessions. At one point Austin asks about his feud with Drew McIntyre last year and Orton says that he initially had "no interest" in working with him but that changed over time as they got to know each other better. Austin seems to know what he's talking about but I feel like I've missed something here. I wasn't watching when they had that feud last year and I haven't seen the episode of BSS with Drew either. Was there some heat there that I don't know about? I couldn't find anything with a google.
    I don't think there was anything intentional. It might have been that Orton didn't want to be in the title picture at that moment because there was going to be unfinished business with Edge.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Ah, fair enough. Misinterpreted it probably.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find watching a lot of mid - late 90s PPVs hard to watch because they are just bad. But the characters are great enough to keep things interesting.
    I thought 1996 and 1997 WWF and WCW had some really good ppvs

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    WCW more so, but Donald wouldn't watch those, I wouldn't think.

As to WWF, yes, 96 and 97 miles better than 95 and even 98 and 99, in many ways.

Summerslam '97, Ground Zero, Final Four, Canadian Stampede. All good to great.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I found Goldberg mildly interesting, but other than that WCW just seemed, eh to me. nWo should never have expanded beyond the original three. DiBiase as a manager would have been ok.

Oh, I also liked Scott Steiner promos.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I was never on board with WCW, really. Didn't help that in the UK we didn't get access to the PPVs. Getting them months later on home video wasn't quite the same. That said, 1998 in particular, for me, WCW had great tag and cruiserweight divisions and had some very stellar PPVs. Must go back and re-visit, really. SuperBrawl VIII and Spring Stampede '98 instantly come to mind.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Cut to studio for the Broken Skull Sessions, Austin grabbing another bottle of jack)

"Randy, The Fiend looked like a new version of Kane and you tried to smell a gas can to give the impression that gas was potent. Tell me about that..."

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I decided to watch the Attitude era show by show a couple of years ago. Raw and Nitro in sync. I began WCW from Scott Hall's first Nitro appearance in '96 and then Raw from around Wrestlemania 13. I've made it to December of 1997 so far.

It's a blast to watch this period with both companies being so hot. There's a short period when they're both on absolute fire. So many unbelievably over characters at the top of their game. The nWo, Austin, Sting, Bret and the Hart Foundation, DDP, Giant, Luger, Flair in certain cities, Undertaker, Foley. Even Piper is over huge for a period in '97. So many wild crowds in all kinds of different places. Nitro was superb for much of 1996 and most of 1997, although Raw does overtake it by around September. The build for Hogan/Sting is masterful for most of the year but does begin to drag a bit around the time JJ Dillon's doing his best to pretend he doesn't know what Sting wants. And the nWo's flaws have begun to creep in but Bischoff, Hogan, Hall, Nash and Syxx are still box office week in week out.

WCW PPVs are generally easier to get through than WWE ones I'd say. There's some really good shows in there. Spring Stampede, Bash at the Beach, Halloween Havoc stand out. The matches on Nitro are better on average as they have a more talented roster in the ring. There's a lot of great hidden gems in there. Speaking of hidden gems, the Kevin Greene 6-man tag from Slamboree is something else. His short run was a lot of fun.

Bret's the Raw MVP for the year. His all round work is just amazing - one of the best runs I can think of in any company ever. HBK is insufferable before and after he turns heel. The rise of Foley's a joy to watch. The sit down JR interviews are still up there with the best pre-taped segments ever. Some boost they gave him. Faarooq stands out as one of the unsung heroes of this era of Raw. Some of his mic work is stellar.

I plan on continuing with both up until the end of WCW through the Invasion all the way until Wrestlemania 18. Seems doubtful I'll get that far with WCW when it really goes down the drain but we'll see. It'll take me years anyway but if there's any period of wrestling worth watching in this episodic fashion, it's this one. I would recommend watching it like this, it's quite satisfying.
    Last edited by Ringo; March 23rd, 2021 at 10:26 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catching up with Randy/Austin on Broken Skulls. I think Randy did really well and took me a aback a bit about how candid he was like starting the interview about how he didn’t think Austin liked him and later he wasn’t a wrestling fan and took time with his promos. Might be up there with one of my favourite interviews

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Must watch that! I always knew Randy gave no fucks, so him being on Austin I always figured would be great.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must watch that! I always knew Randy gave no fucks, so him being on Austin I always figured would be great.
    They drink a lot of JD...Undertaker's bottle!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Apparently Peacock is editing out offensive material....don't agree with this at all. I think they should put a disclaimer up instead.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    A hahaha what a balls up this is... Shame we don't have peacock here lols.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I guess over there you keep wwe network? If so I'm sure there is a way to access it here in the states.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I guess over there you keep wwe network? If so I'm sure there is a way to access it here in the states.
    Yup!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Only 2.50 a month on peacock

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though your version appears to be watered down which may or may not explain the cheap price (just a guess) whereas we keep all the frills.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Don't speak too soon. Piper vs. Bad News Brown (and Piper's promo beforehand) has now been removed from Wrestlemania VI on the original WWE Network. Not sure whether other stuff will follow or not.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well I mean that was pretty bad

I meant the roll out in general anyway.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yet they have 50 shades of grey on Peacock, diversity day of the Office on peacock, etc.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Well I mean that was pretty bad

I meant the roll out in general anyway.
    Oh I know. I don't think anyone's going to miss Piper in blackface specifically - I was just suggesting that the original non-US version of the Network may not be immune to the editing/removal of offensive or controversial material.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Oh of course, But as someone else suggested a disney plus type message should suffice in most cases.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    All of a sudden, my DVD/Blu ray collection gains significant importance.

I know the UK is unaffected, but who knows what the future holds.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They used to have that before episodes on the WWE Network, something like "This episode has content that may be offensive to some viewers" Then at some point they just removed those messages.

Opportunity to educate fans, could even film segments of WWE Superstars talking about the segments and the reasoning behind them at the time, but how it's not ok today. I think they did that before some movies on HBO Max

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    A fucking meteor wiping earth out with any luck the way this country is going.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    All of a sudden, my DVD/Blu ray collection gains significant importance.

I know the UK is unaffected, but who knows what the future holds.

Dvds are going to end up being reborn. I'm gonna start buying to resell in a few years when everything is censord

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Dvds are going to end up being reborn. I'm gonna start buying to resell in a few years when everything is censord
    My collection is insane.

A sucker for physical media.

Plus, buffering winds me up so much, but I only really get that with Disney+.