User Tag List

Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 54606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,400 of 7321

Thread: The WWE Network Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROH 2004-2006 might be my favorite period of wrestling ever. Fantastic roster and tonnes of great matches. It also matched up really well timing wise with me getting back into wrestling, and starting to dig beyond WWF/WWE. That's probably also a reason I remember it so fondly.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy that Table for 3 is back. I really enjoyed the Shield episode like how up front and honest they were about how those old backstage interviews were shit. Also hearing about how they were struggling doing singles stuff again when they split up. Ambrose was the highlight talking about his hair and ordering potato chips.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ambrose is never a highlight. He's a dull, dull man and I hate him. You should have seen my face when Strowman destroyed him.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Ambrose is never a highlight. He's a dull, dull man and I hate him. You should have seen my face when Strowman destroyed him.
    He's not dull, but he's been badly restricted.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Pretty sure I've found the worst pay per view match of all time. WCW Road Wild '98 and Bryan Adams Vs. Steve McMichael. Needs to be seen to be believed. Blown spot city. You'd think neither man had ever wrestled before. It's hilariously bad.

Whilst we're on the subject, there were very few diamonds in the rough during this time for WCW. From top to bottom, it was mostly just awful. From the commentary, to Mean Gene's hotline, to the nonsensical storylines, to the constant non-finishes to main event matches. And that's not even touching on Jay Leno, Denis Rodman, Karl Malone etc main eventing PPVs. Consecutive ones too.

'Who's watching this crap?' I heard Vince McMahon say once. Indeed. Well, I'm watching it now, but you know what I mean.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Pretty sure I've found the worst pay per view match of all time. WCW Road Wild '98 and Bryan Adams Vs. Steve McMichael. Needs to be seen to be believed. Blown spot city. You'd think neither man had ever wrestled before. It's hilariously bad.

Whilst we're on the subject, there were very few diamonds in the rough during this time for WCW. From top to bottom, it was mostly just awful. From the commentary, to Mean Gene's hotline, to the nonsensical storylines, to the constant non-finishes to main event matches. And that's not even touching on Jay Leno, Denis Rodman, Karl Malone etc main eventing PPVs. Consecutive ones too.

'Who's watching this crap?' I heard Vince McMahon say once. Indeed. Well, I'm watching it now, but you know what I mean.

Halloween Havoc 1998, Norman Smiley and a mystery partner vs Terry Funk in a hardcore title match.

Please watch this. The reveal of the mystery partner alone is worth it.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ok, I'll compare the two and report back later.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    Halloween Havoc 1998, Norman Smiley and a mystery partner vs Terry Funk in a hardcore title match.

Please watch this. The reveal of the mystery partner alone is worth it.
    I dont think this is on this show. 98 is warrior and hogan 2 is it not?
    TAPS AFF!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    I dont think this is on this show. 98 is warrior and hogan 2 is it not?
    You're spot on, its on SLAMBOREE 2000.

We were watching shit WCW and watched Hogan/Warrior 2 and the triple cage match from Slamboree 2000 on the same night and I mixed up the two.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    god that embarrassing
    TAPS AFF!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but what happened to the powerpack

garys funny story
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I as referring to the fact I knew that off the top of my head. Gross.
    TAPS AFF!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    I as referring to the fact I knew that off the top of my head. Gross.
    You're in a forum full of wrestling rainmen I wouldnt worry about it
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    the nerds and I are not the same.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think it's safe to say I couldn't name a match on any WCW card. I know of WCW matches, but couldn't tell you what even they happened at.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    My humorous, well, to me anyway, look back through WCW on PPV continued last night with Fall Brawl 1998. I can't watch an entire PPV, I have to watch them in stages. So I watched the first hour or so last night. Schiavone and Mean Gene talk up a 'stacked' show. Jericho interrupts Gene and announces that he will face Goldberg later on, in a title for title match. Crowd reacts well to this, as Goldberg is the man, lets be honest.

First bout to really get the crowd going is the washed up heel tandem of The British Bulldog and Jim Neidhart going up against the heel tandem of Alex Wright and Disco Inferno, who have been dubbed the 'dancing fools'. The match is woeful when the old boys are in control, bit better when the younger guys are on the offensive, particularly Alex Wright. He showed promise early on in his career. Anyway, the match was poor. Finish came when Davey hit Disco with the running powerslam. He really struggled to get him up because he fucked his back on the trap door The Warrior would be using later on. Pretty grim really, as this would ultimately lead to Davey's death. I mean, he had issues anyway I'm sure, but he suffered a severe back injury and I'm pretty sure he got hooked on morphine. He had another brief WWE run, but I think his really severe issues started here. Poor bastard.

Moving on, Jericho then defeats a Goldberg imposter. Fans are not happy at all. In fairness the match wasn't announced ahead of time, but even so. Knowing what was coming later with Rick and Scott Steiner, pissing off the crowd wasn't wise. This angle would have worked better on Monday Nitro.

Now we have Ernest Miller taking on Norman Smiley, who to this point had never been seen on a WCW PPV and was long before he got semi-over with all that 'wiggle' stuff. 'Stacked card' they said.

Oh yeah, the match sucked and was over in 2 or 3 minutes. They botched the end.

Then came Steiner Vs. Steiner. This was now 8 months since Scotty had turned heel on Rick. And constantly Scott had wriggled out of matches with his brother. I'm assuming there was a real injury at some point here, but knowing WCW, probably not. Anyway, before the match Bagwell provided JJ Dillon with a doctor's note and said the match was off, again. But JJ tore it up and said match was still on. Yay. Surely they couldn't dupe the fans again out of a match between the two? There's all the usual stalling tactics at the start, which is fine, because they then do go at it. Crowd goes wild and it looks great. A proper brawl, as the storyline warrants. Scott soon takes over after a low blow and it seems like we have a match on. A bit of backstory here, a few weeks before this on Thunder there was a very scary moment where Buff Bagwell was given a top rope bulldog by Rick Steiner and he jarred his neck into the back of Rick. The match was stopped and he lay there for a long time. It was a nasty injury and could have been a lot worse. Anyway, Bagwell hops onto the apron and Rick grabs him by the neck. He goes down and everyone panics. Again, he's down for many minutes and Rick is all upset. I have to spin through it because I didn't want to puke. I get to the part where he's being loaded into the back of the ambulance, by Rick and Scott. Scott gets in and Rick walks away. Then Scott and Buff burst through the doors and beat down Rick. Then leave. So once again, there is no match. Sigh. This company was someone's idea of a joke, wasn't it?

I turned off at this point. And I can hear from the commentary that once again, they have no fucking clue what's going on with Bret Hart. He'd been there for 10 months at this point and he was a baby, then a heel and now they're teasing that he's turning baby again. Pretty sure he remains a heel though. And Russo wasn't even there yet!

Oh, I did watch another match. Juventud Vs. Silver King for the Cruiserweight Title. Pretty decent, except Silver King was clearly not a cruiserweight. Even the hapless commentary team had to make mention that he was 'the biggest cruiserweight they'd seen' or some shit.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Was watching Royal Rumble 2010 or 2011 can't really remember, but Husky Harris ran in and the commentator said "If he looks like that now, imagine what he'll look like when he's 30" and Bray Wyatt is 30 now and he looks like he's 50.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting thing I saw on Twitter: WWE selling pay-per-views on the Network without a subscription for $25. Interested to see what kind of numbers they do with that. Here's the email:

Are there a bunch of people who will buy a one-off pay-per-view but not subscribe to the Network for a month for $15 less? I guess we'll find out.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That literally makes zero sense. None.

The WWE Network requires no subscription, right? I've had it since launch day, but as far as I know, there's no contract.

So it's like saying: Watch the show here for $25, or watch it here for $10, plus get thousands of hours of additional content.

I'm baffled by this.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's even funnier is the fact that they present it as a one time promotional offer.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initially it was a six month commitment, but they dropped that after a few months. Now it's month-to-month, you can cancel anytime.

It makes no sense, but it also makes no sense that some people continue to pay $60 for pay-per-views rather than just subscribing to the network. I'm sure some of those are people who live in areas without reliable high-speed internet, but they can't all be.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Starrcade 1998.

What the fuck was going on here? The biggest show of the year and like 3 matches were announced ahead of time. We were then treated to such gems as Bryan Adams and Scott Norton Vs. Fit Finlay and Jerry fucking Flynn. We also saw Norman Smiley Vs. Prince Iaukea, which went about 12 minutes.

Perry Saturn Vs. Ernest Miller, anyone? No.

Left off the biggest show of the year;
    Sting
    Bret Hart
    Booker T
    Randy Savage
    Raven
    Scott Steiner
    Buff Bagwell
    Rick Steiner
    Kanyon
    Scott Hall
    Bam Bam Bigelow
    Chris Benoit
    Dean Malenko
    Lex Luger
    Wrath, who was receiving a big push at the time.

But we did get Jerry Flynn.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did Billy Kidman wrestle a triple threat and then a singles? If so that's pretty impressive.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Sting was injured during this time and was written off at Halloween Havoc 1998.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Kidman did. Triple threat with Rey and Juvi and then singles with Eddie. So the opening 40 odd minutes were grand. Then it died, badly. Lots of hype videos and shite too.

I figured there was an injury or 2, but clearly most just weren't booked.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On his podcast Tony Schiavone explained that once they got the Slim Jim's sponsorship for Halloween Havoc that became their biggest show of the year and the one they put the most emphasis on. And when you compare the Halloween Havoc cards to the Starrcade cards it pretty much lines up. Starrcade still had big main events from 1996 on but the rest of the card tended to look like an episode of Saturday Night.

Halloween Havoc 1998 had Goldberg vs. DDP, Hogan vs. Warrior, Sting vs. Bret, Nash vs. Hall, Rick Steiner vs. Scott Steiner. That's where they blew off all their big storylines for 1998.

Hogan had "retired" to run for president. I think they had reached their limit on how much they could afford to pay him for the year and didn't want to book him for Starrcade. I think Sting and Bret were both injured. Warrior had been fired. Hall was in rehab. Booker T hurt his knee back in the summer.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halloween Havoc 1998 was a hell of a card but there were bs finishes for all of them but the main event which didn't even air live.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll also notice the obvious transition where WCW's bigger more important matches happened on free t.v. and the ppv was just kind of....there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to The Lapsed Fan podcast and somebody's book, I think it was Eric Bischoff's, the reason Starrcade 1998 had such a weak lineup was because of where it landed on the calendar year. A lot of the major stars deals were rolling over and renegotiations needed to happen after the show. So WCW booked who they could with the guys whose deals weren't in need of renegotiating. Unfortunately, a lot of underneath guys got longer deals, but for less money than the big names, who could negotiate for a bigger paycheck every year. And so we had a pretty decent main event scene; The Giant/Diamond Dallas Page is a forgotten gem. And Nash/Goldberg is fun, except for the finish. And a fun four-way opener and Kidman working Guerrero (the first two matches going 40 minutes is a pretty easy way to tell the show was light underneath) were both a ton of fun. But the undercard felt like an episode of WCW Saturday Night. But that's the reason why.

Damn contracts.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And overall, they completely fucked up Starrcade after 1986. Moving it to Chicago in 1987, it was never the same after they left Greensboro and Atlanta. And then the stupid tournaments and Battle Bowls in 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1992. By the time they went back to a normal show in 1993 it had become just another pay-per-view. And then in 1994 the main event was Hogan against Brutus the fucking Barber.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    And overall, they completely fucked up Starrcade after 1986. Moving it to Chicago in 1987, it was never the same after they left Greensboro and Atlanta. And then the stupid tournaments and Battle Bowls in 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1992. By the time they went back to a normal show in 1993 it had become just another pay-per-view. And then in 1994 the main event was Hogan against Brutus the fucking Barber.
    If you only look at the top matches, 1997 and 1998 should have been great Starrcades.

Sting/Hogan after a year of build should have been excellent. But Hogan creative controlled his way into killing that.

Nash/Goldberg should have been great. Kevin Nash, 7-foot tall, former WWF Champion, eliminated 167 guys to win World War 3 and earn his chance at Goldberg.

Goldberg - 890-0. Never beaten. He eats fire and shits coal. Untouchable. Unbeatable.

And then we get the damn zapper prod thing. And... Starrcade was never a big deal after that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goldberg vs. Bret was a solid main event for the 1999 show. Can't remember the 2000 main event, Sid vs. Scott Steiner I think?

Hogan vs. Piper was a huge main event for 1996 too, so credit for that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just adds to the rumor that Vince Russo was sent to sabotage WCW even more than Nash, Hall, and Bret did. Notice Starrcade didn't matter once Russo got the book. The undercard was never that great but the main matches were usually pretty solid.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    And to open the 1999 PPV season, Chris Benoit Vs. Mike Enos.

First PPV for Enos, maybe his last too, and this was not part of any feud.

Christ WCW was utter garbage during this period I've been watching, 1995 to 1999. There are some diamonds in the rough, sure, but the bad severely outweighs the good.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Was Enos one of the Beverly Brothers? I liked their tag match against the Steiners at Royal Rumble 93

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, he was Blake.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ha, I either never knew that or had completely forgotten.

The undercard of the 1993 Royal Rumble is excellent. Steiners/Beverley Brothers, Bret/Ramon and if I remember correctly, a really good big man match. I'm thinking Bammer and Boss Man?

Ooh, Shawn and Marty too.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I think you are right on the big man match. Boss Mans last ppv match for WWF until 98 I think.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Isn't that the PPV where Scott Steiner drops one of the Beverlys on his head on the Frankensteiner?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to open the 1999 PPV season, Chris Benoit Vs. Mike Enos.

First PPV for Enos, maybe his last too, and this was not part of any feud.

Christ WCW was utter garbage during this period I've been watching, 1995 to 1999. There are some diamonds in the rough, sure, but the bad severely outweighs the good.
    I am pretty sure 1995-1998 was their best programming haha.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    So watching some 1990 stuff on the network abd Rudes theme has been dubbed over with some garbage as it has on 2k18 along with cactus jack wwf theme, apparently because they lost the rights to them, these were in house themes surely?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    God bless Rick Rude, what a specimen.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #Rickrudesspecimen

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching Raven vs Saturn at Fall Brawl 1998. Forgot how good this match was. Kidman turning face dropkicking Raven, a handcuffed Kanyon getting himself free to flatline Saturn then handcuffing himself again before the ref wakes up but Saturn wins anyway after eating an Evenflow.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    So watching some 1990 stuff on the network abd Rudes theme has been dubbed over with some garbage as it has on 2k18 along with cactus jack wwf theme, apparently because they lost the rights to them, these were in house themes surely?
    Strange you say that, I always thought I knew Cactus Jack's theme in WWE from elsewhere.

The Dudley's original theme wasn't in house either.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Shows what I know then

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hardy's theme from elsworth too rigbt

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Elsewhere

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    'What the hell is this?' read a sign in the crowd during WCW Superbrawl IX. But actually, this was far better than recent efforts from WCW.

Booker and Disco had a really decent opener. Saturn, despite the stupid dress storyline, had a decent match with Jericho. Kidman and Chavo Jnr was disappointing, but I could rarely ever get into Chavo matches. Benoit and Malenko had a decent tag title match with Windham and Hennig, though it was a little long.

So it had a decent undercard. Decentish anyway. Page and Steiner wasn't terrible, but wasn't great either. And Goldberg was really exposed in longer matches, like the one he had with Bigelow here. Piper and Hall was utter dross. Low blow and eye poke galore. And the ref just stands there, despite it not being no dq. I can only assume Disco at ringside was supposed to be distracting the ref, but perhaps he forgot. The ref's reaction to one right in front of his eyes was pure comical. Horrid.

Main event was bad too, obviously. Flair and Hogan. With David turning heel. And the commentary was awful. He was wearing a balaclava, it was obviously Dave Flair and Heenan was predicting it was Bischoff.

Heenan was utter garbage by this point. It's sad to hear. Schiavone had to step in a number of times because he wasn't making any sense. He was calling moves that had happened minutes before at one point. Sad stuff.

If this was a WWE PPV today, I'd say it was garbage. But for WCW at the time, this was a step in the right direction. Yes, things were that bad.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Watching Raven vs Saturn at Fall Brawl 1998. Forgot how good this match was. Kidman turning face dropkicking Raven, a handcuffed Kanyon getting himself free to flatline Saturn then handcuffing himself again before the ref wakes up but Saturn wins anyway after eating an Evenflow.
    I will never understand how Kidman was as over as he became. Sure he had the finisher, but it was so sloppy. He was one of the original underdog types, the pre-Daniel Bryan. I wonder had they been able to really let him grow would he have made it to the top eventually? I could see him as all but the World but you never know. WCW in 2005 with Kidman as the champ? Not impossible.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Didn't he feud with Hogan at some point? Never watched WCW, but that must mean he was destined for greatness.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Didn't he feud with Hogan at some point? Never watched WCW, but that must mean he was destined for greatness.
    That feud was a farce. Almost as bad as Elias v. Finn Balor. But Hogan v. Kidman was a feud that Russo put in place because he knew 1 of 2 things were going to happen:

He knew that if the feud failed he could go "Look, Hogan isn't a draw anymore the Hulk Dust didn't work on Kidman!!" He also knew that if by some miracle it did pop off, he'd get serious props by fans, peers for being able to take heel Billy Kidman booked like a fucking dunce and make him a star working with Hulkamania. That Russo could do wrong.

Well, that dude basically proved he was a toilet that couldn't flush because every single one of those fucked up storylines failed. Flair v. Douglas? Fail. Kidman v. Hogan? Fail. Sting v. Vampiro? Fail. Nash getting punked out by a bunch of Power Plant jobbers? Fail. The list goes on. Scott Steiner-Jeff Jarrett mega push? Fail. I'll probably get heat for that one but I'm sorry, Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner at the top with the real draws was part of WCW's true demise creatively.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jeff Jarrett was someone like Triple H who think they were a lot bigger than they actually were. They weren't the megastars they so desperately wanted to be. I'd put Triple H several rungs higher than Jarrett on the greatest of all time ladder though.

Steiner is just fun as fuck to watch so I can't hate on him ever.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the Brezango Ride along episode, itwas great. Fandango pullingup Rusev about being shirtles while going through the epiode shirtleshimself. Also his attempt at naming the state capitals.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I aint got a problem with WCW pushing Steiner and Jarrett tbf, they needed to elevate some talent and both were long time midcarders who were fair game to have a run in thr main event scene however neither were huge draws and they needed to also push some of the guys like Jericho, Guerrero, Mysterio etc who were over as fuck and could have been big draws for them if given the chance. I guess they did push Benoit somewhat but he wanted out by that point anyway.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Jeff Jarrett was always a joke to me. He should never have risen above upper mid-card in any company. Solid in the ring, though some of his offense was really, really weak looking.

Loved Steiner. No issue with that push. At least he was a believable tough guy.

I always liked Billy Kidman. Had good matches. Didn't have much else going for him though. Good looking kid, I suppose.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jarrett's best days were tagging with Owen. Joke of a main-eventer in WCW and TNA plus tried to "shoot" on Austin but nobody gave a fuck.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    And using his dead wife to try to get over as a babyface in TNA. No, no, no. Shameful.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. Grade A cunt.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's I-N-D-Double-E-D G-R-A-D-E A C-U-N-T

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's Indeed, Grade A Cunt.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Hacksaw on colour at WM7 is already getting on my tits. 2 minutes in

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Hoooooooooooooooooo.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Table for 3 with Balor and the Hardyz and educational too. Never knew WCW used to have a spinning ring set-up. That seems yet ridiculous yet cool.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Heard someone mention something about skipping through matches. I watch WWE Network on a Roku device, and can't seem to find this option? Is it only available on certain platforms?

I spent ages trying to find the heavy breathing promo between Heidenreich and Snitsky at the Survivor Series 2004 PPV.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    WWE have added Mid Atlantic episodes from September of '81 through to October of '83. Apparently most of the '81-'82 stuff was on Classics On Demand but the '83 stuff has never been in circulation. The first time it's been seen in 35 years.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking sweet.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Aye, saw that was there last night.

I'd have fucking loved the WWE Network as a kid.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are they going to add Thunder and Shotgun Saturday night?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Thunder was all ready to go a few months ago and it was pulled.

I thought it had something to do with royalties and the lawsuit Raven was involved with. Could be wrong.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the first episode of NWA Mid-Atlantic that's on the network. An interesting show with the Mid-Atlantic debut of Sgt. Slaughter, Ron Bass being announced as the new NWA World Television Champion, Ricky Steamboat returning to Mid-Atlantic and teaming with Jake Roberts. Abdullah the Butcher is running wild. He attacked Wahoo McDaniel with his fork the week before.

The matches were all squashes, typical of the time. Promos were pretty good. The audio and video quality was shaky, the audio would sort of drop out at points.

It was a decent show but I doubt I'm going to watch a ton of them. I'd rather just watch promo clips or house show matches from that era.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    When are they going to add Thunder and Shotgun Saturday night?
    Rumour has it Thunder and some coliseum video collections will be added next month.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard Saturday Night is coming soon too. Not sure what era.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy how much more content there is out there. WCW worldwide, Thunder, Saturday Night. You also have WWF Shotgun, Superstars, Wrestling Challenge, Byte This and so much more.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Lots of great stuff on WCW Pro too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said it before, but I'd give my left ear to have Sunday Night Heat, Velocity, and the weekend morning syndicated shows on the Network.

I watch those on Youtube in awful quality, with all the local ads and bugs intact. And I'd love to see them show up in "HD" quality on the Network.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "
    WWE is going to be adding 38 of the old Coliseum Home Videos to the VOD section of the WWE Network beginning in February. Old episodes of WWE Sunday Night Heat and WCW Thunder are also rumoured to be added now that the lawsuits by Buff Bagwell and Raven have been thrown out.
    "

Cool.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So down for Coliseum Video getting added. Loved those as a kid. I think most of the non-PPV title changes ended up on those things too. Smack Em Whack Em has Bret Hart's first title win from Ric Flair for example.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Always wanted that video, back in the day. I wasn't a fan when it came out, so by the time I was, the video was quite rare. And this was before the days of E-Bay.

Pretty sure that match is one of his DVDs though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm excited for the Coliseum Videos. So many big matches from the 1980s and early 1990s never made it on TV or pay-per-view.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved the production as well. So of its time. Eating with Yokozuna, home improvement with the Bushwhackers etc. Cheesy and ridiculous but tons of fun. There's one tape that I had that started with I think Mooney in the studio "here's the fans choice match chosen by Joe Blogs, Dino Bravo vs. Rugged Ronnie Garvin"! Would be like putting a Curt Hawkins vs. Apollo Creed dark match on a compilation DVD. But in that era it didn't feel so outrageous a choice.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want to see Livewire. I used to love that show back in the day. Some of the first times I remember thinking "is this a shoot?"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not actually WWE Network, but this is an amazing Youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oir5MVJ_7IOytc

"The Year in Wrestling 1985." Episodes of territorial wrestling and big matches from all over. Was looking for some WWF shows from around the first Wrestlemania and found this. Now going to see if there are similar playlists for other years.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    I loved the production as well. So of its time. Eating with Yokozuna, home improvement with the Bushwhackers etc. Cheesy and ridiculous but tons of fun. There's one tape that I had that started with I think Mooney in the studio "here's the fans choice match chosen by Joe Blogs, Dino Bravo vs. Rugged Ronnie Garvin"! Would be like putting a Curt Hawkins vs. Apollo Creed dark match on a compilation DVD. But in that era it didn't feel so outrageous a choice.
    Why would you put Curt Hawkins against the best boxer of all time? As a dark match?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Not actually WWE Network, but this is an amazing Youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oir5MVJ_7IOytc

"The Year in Wrestling 1985." Episodes of territorial wrestling and big matches from all over. Was looking for some WWF shows from around the first Wrestlemania and found this. Now going to see if there are similar playlists for other years.
    This is sick. Excellent find.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just glancing these seem to exist from the 1970s well into the 1990s. Just great stuff. Awesome resource for trying to get a feel for what was going on at a particular time, like seeing what the hype for the first Wrestlemania looked like. And a lot of big territory matches in there.

This is the kind of stuff WWE Network needs. "The Road to Wrestlemania I." That sort of thing, giving us context to what the old shows are.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ten of the Coliseum Home Videos coming to the WWE Network next week have been revealed. They are:
    Bloopers, Bleeps, and Bodyslams
    Most Unusual Matches
    Villains of the Squared Circle
    Brains Behind the Brawn
    Funniest Moments
    Mega Matches
    Wrestling’s Greatest Champions
    Battle at the Royal Albert Hall
    World Tour ‘92
    Invasion of the Bodyslammers

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    That's because, even by the 80's, underneath guys were over. Dino Bravo vs. Rugged Ronnie Garvin would've been a promoted match on a B-loop or a syndicated show. Now, Crews/Hawkins would be a throwaway match on an episode of Main Event that you'd never even hear about on RAW or Smackdown!.

Different times.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most Unusual Matches has the Bret/Shawn Ladder Match on it.

Other matches: Razor Ramon vs. 1-2-3 Kid Survivor Series 1993: Four Doinks vs. Bam Bam Bigelow, Headshrinkers & Bastion Booger Lumberjack Match: Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Shawn Michaels.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Battle Royal at the Albert Hall is a great setting, obviously. Big Davey in the battle royale and Heenan on commentary with Monsoon.

I have it on DVD because I'm cool.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I remember going into like HMV and Virgin Megastore as a kid. They ALWAYS had about 8 copies of that VHS.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the WWE 24 on last year's Mania. As usual, does a great job getting me hyped for this year's event and it's always super cool to get the backstage peeks and interviews with the wrestlers and all that. Always nice to see the larger than life people come across as just people and be able to relate to their anxieties and emotions. Very cool/weird to have Undertaker out of character and talking about stuff on there, would not have expected it. If/when he's done for good it'd be nice to get a career retrospective documentary with him actually talking about everything top to bottom.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I enjoyed it too, mth. But when I saw 'Taker limping about backstage I figured it was after his match with Roman. Nope.

Love the WWE 24 series. Only one I haven't seen is Goldberg, but I will.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    'A lot' of episodes of WCW Saturday Night are being added in April.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed it too, mth. But when I saw 'Taker limping about backstage I figured it was after his match with Roman. Nope.

Love the WWE 24 series. Only one I haven't seen is Goldberg, but I will.
    Yeah, I commented on the limping to my wife while we were watching. God, i really just want Taker to be fucking done.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well he did have Limp Bizkit as his theme for a while so it's fitting.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many people here use the web browser to watch the Network?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    I do. Usually for live NXT shows and pay-per-views, because I keep another tap open to bullshit Tweet about it while I'm watching.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    I do, more or less exclusively.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reason why I brought this up was that I was surprised people here don't post links to various shows when discussing stuff or maybe when they're doing like a top ten list of matches or whatever.

So for example, if I wanted to get you to watch Rock vs Austin from WrestleMania 17, I'd tell you to click here
    That link includes the time stamp to send you straight to the match, assuming it works for everyone else like it does for me.

EDIT
    What I'm saying is that it would be cool if when people do polls, rankings, etc, they could accompany them with links that people could check out as well.
    Last edited by RuneEdge; February 4th, 2018 at 12:34 PM.