User Tag List

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The WWE Network Thread

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Mania, I hope they air all of the Hall of Fame stuff as it airs. That could be as much a hook for me as Mania itself.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Ah, so you can't watch shows live on this new network thingy? Assumed you could. As they mention scheduled programming.
    like cewsh mentioned, they've got NXT and main event, plus all their original content shows, like legends house and countdown, etc. there will be a schedule for all that programming, and after it's first aired it'll be made available through the on-demand service.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you got lots of money lying around, which I certainly don't, I won't go near this. I would consider, maybe, if it was apped into PS3 or PS4, but this thing should have been out in 2002 right after they got their massive WCW and ECW libraries and I was still shelling out cash for mixed vhs tapes online.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I thought Raw and Smackdown was going to be available immediately after they air?

Honestly, that would be tremendous.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitched View Post
    Unless you got lots of money lying around, which I certainly don't, I won't go near this. I would consider, maybe, if it was apped into PS3 or PS4, but this thing should have been out in 2002 right after they got their massive WCW and ECW libraries and I was still shelling out cash for mixed vhs tapes online.
    huh?

it's $10 a month. i won't pretend to know your financial situation, and will acknowledge plenty of people and families may not have $10 to spare each month, but needing 'lots of money lying around' is kind of a stretch. also, it's already been announced that it'll be available on gaming consoles. and this distribution model wasn't a thing back in 2002, so yeah...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    With Mania, I hope they air all of the Hall of Fame stuff as it airs. That could be as much a hook for me as Mania itself.
    I said this earlier. This would be a huge selling point for me. The entire broadcast live from start to finish....yes please.

Especially this year with Jake (probably inducted by DDP) and Warrior (inducted by Hogan maybe?)

I wish I had it now so I could start watching every Royal Rumble to build up to this years.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    huh?

it's $10 a month. i won't pretend to know your financial situation, and will acknowledge plenty of people and families may not have $10 to spare each month, but needing 'lots of money lying around' is kind of a stretch. also, it's already been announced that it'll be available on gaming consoles. and this distribution model wasn't a thing back in 2002, so yeah...
    Yeah, don't eat at any fast food restaurant basically one time next week and you have the money sorted. It's that cheap.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can watch WWE shows on Hulu if you subscribe to Hulu Plus, which is $8/month.

I really hope they end up adding the content from Classics On Demand. There are some really good shows on there: Legends of Wrestling Roundtable, Film Room With Gordon Solie, ECW, WCCW, Mid-Atlantic, and Championship Wrestling from Florida shows. The current stuff and the pay-per-views are great, but old territorial shows is what would really get me going. The current stuff is easy enough to find right now. It would be nice to get to watch some classic wrestling through this.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would assume they will show Superstars,Challenge,SNME,All American,Prime Time,etc on The Network.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is an incredible deal really, $10 a month for anything you'd ever need wrestling-wise, in an era where RRP for any one product sold by WWE in stores is more than that. 1500 hours of content on launch with new shows and original content too. PPV's can't get any more insignificant than they are now for the most part too, so it's not like they're going to go down the pan because they're effectively free now. Excellent stuff, hopefully it'll be a reasonable when it launches in the UK at the end of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $10 a month is before any applicable sales tax, so for the UK id expect it to also be £9.99 a month assume VAT applies to things like this which im pretty sure it does.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, how come they didn't think of this three years before YouTube existed and let us stream shows through Nintendo Gamecube?

I mean seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of money lying around are you sure you can afford your internet access? Or are you sat in Starbucks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE bought the ECW footage in the summer of 2003. Since then, it's been a gradual process of buying up other tape libraries (Mid South would have been the most recent one last summer).

They've been planning to do the Network for a few years but have obviously waited until they had the footage, the partners (i.e. MLB) and the infrastructure to do it. There;s no way they could have launched this in 2002. Not all their tape libraries will be ready to be put online straightaway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    You can watch WWE shows on Hulu if you subscribe to Hulu Plus, which is $8/month.

I really hope they end up adding the content from Classics On Demand. There are some really good shows on there: Legends of Wrestling Roundtable, Film Room With Gordon Solie, ECW, WCCW, Mid-Atlantic, and Championship Wrestling from Florida shows. The current stuff and the pay-per-views are great, but old territorial shows is what would really get me going. The current stuff is easy enough to find right now. It would be nice to get to watch some classic wrestling through this.
    Heck, if they get desperate enough, they can throw in some of their WWE Films productions.

It does have me wondering what kind of agreement WWE and NetFlix will come up with. (We've been talking about the cable companies, but hadn't mentioned them much).

Honestly, I think some of the network will arrange a deal with the WWE to keep Smackdown, providing the WWE Network includes shows that include their wrestlers on it (Haven and Redneck Island come to mind).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree! Who has $10 a month?! I don't have money for luxuries, so I hope they app it on my $400-$500 video game console...

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    With the replay of RAWs, will it be the complete show or just some segments like how I believe Hulu Plus has it?

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdWWE316 View Post
    I would assume they will show Superstars,Challenge,SNME,All American,Prime Time,etc on The Network.

This is the stuff that has me paying attention. From there, they could actually hook some new fans because if I've already got the network for the back catalogue, why not watch the PPVs and subsequently start checking out Raw and SD again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant4Ever View Post
    Agree! Who has $10 a month?! I don't have money for luxuries, so I hope they app it on my $400-$500 video game console...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you guys can't afford $10/mo then downgrade your internet.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWyndorf View Post
    With the replay of RAWs, will it be the complete show or just some segments like how I believe Hulu Plus has it?
    Hulu Plus has the entire show, if I'm not mistaken. I've never missed out on a segment that I was aware of.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think RoH ippvs and my extreme lack of knowledge have made me leary of how the server will handle all of the fans watching the ppvs and stuff. I just don't know how these things work in terms of the live stuff, will it run smoothly or will we get a lot of ppvs where you want to dropkick your television due to buffering lol. Either way I'm more jacked for this than Scott Steiner in his prime.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I read every week about several segments/matches being cut from the Hulu version.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I think RoH ippvs and my extreme lack of knowledge have made me leary of how the server will handle all of the fans watching the ppvs and stuff. I just don't know how these things work in terms of the live stuff, will it run smoothly or will we get a lot of ppvs where you want to dropkick your television due to buffering lol. Either way I'm more jacked for this than Scott Steiner in his prime.
    I streamed WWE PPV's back in 2004-2005 on WWE.com and they ran just fine even back then.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Hulu Plus has the entire show, if I'm not mistaken. I've never missed out on a segment that I was aware of.
    I googled the question, and found that one of the more recent articles (i believe October) said that Raw is 90 minutes and they cut out a few segments/matches. That obviously could have changed in the last 3 months or so, but I also remember seeing on the main page articles where they would tell you what was cut from Raw on Hulu Plus.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    I read every week about several segments/matches being cut from the Hulu version.
    Huh, weird. Good to know.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's not to the same level, but WWE already does stream the PPVs live online and have for years and years with no issue.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right on!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Cut from Mondays Raw:

The following matches and segments were cut from this week's WWE RAW on Hulu Plus:

* Sin Cara vs. Alberto Del Rio, Del Rio's promo about Batista

* The Real Americans vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust

* DDP, Booker T and Ron Simmons segment

* The Bella Twins vs. Aksana and Alicia Fox

* Segment where the Legends come out on the stage and Bad News Barrett interrupts

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn they cut probably the best match of the night. The funny thing is, the article I found, The Real Americans match was cut as well back in October . Fuckin haters.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Yeah, that tag was great.

''The best defense is a fence''..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Yeah, that tag was great.

''The best defense is a fence''..
    It makes me happy to see stuff like that happen in the WWE. Sure it's racist, sure it's not PG, but that's pushing the envelope as they say, and it's not some pointless rib, it's something that further their heat.

I think the WWE Network will hopefully bring back a lot of wrestling fans who maybe gave up on the product 10-12 years ago. I know some people who have Netflix and they watch stuff like the Rock DVD or the Monday Night Wars and then they started watching the current product again because it re-lit that flame of love for pro wrestling.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you like racism?
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DirecTV already crying.

Absolutely love it. Go ahead gents, make sure you jack up your bills another $5 with this news.....

It's not like WWE didn't offer you the rights to the Network....

Can't wait until UFC (who also just started their digital 'UFC Fight Pass') puts ALL their PPV shows on it. And watch DirecTV cry again....

WWE stated that fans who do not get the WWE Network can still order their pay-per-views through traditional means (cable/satellite providers). However, knowing that the WWE Network might cause some pushback from cable/satellite providers, WWE filed a document with the SEC on Thursday saying that some of the providers might decide to stop carrying their PPV's.

Now, DirecTV is the first company to publicly acknowledge the situation. In a statement made to the Los Angeles Times, a DirecTV spokesperson said,

"Clearly we need to quickly re-evaluate the economics and viability of their business with us, as it now appears the WWE feels they do not need their PPV distributors."

They added that sales WWE PPV events "have been steadily declining, and this new low-cost competitive offering will only accelerate this trend."

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    So you like racism?
    Does the WWE pushing the envelope make me happy? Yes.

Never said I was a fan of racism, but there are things that could be defined as "racist" that we've all found to be comedic. 90% of what The Real Americans do to get heat is racist, so hopefully you're not a fan of theirs.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you like racism?
    Yes.

Wow speaks volumes

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Slare, everybody.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow speaks volumes
    lol.

You're the best.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I enjoy racism as long as it's in entertainment and not in the real world.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Slare, everybody.

Sorry should've gone with;

Wow speaks volumes then dean ambrose burns down the universe.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Hearted_Truth View Post
    DirecTV already crying.

Absolutely love it. Go ahead gents, make sure you jack up your bills another $5 with this news.....

It's not like WWE didn't offer you the rights to the Network....

Can't wait until UFC (who also just started their digital 'UFC Fight Pass') puts ALL their PPV shows on it. And watch DirecTV cry again....
    I read that shit and I'm like, give me a break. Reminded me of that friend we all had growing up who acted like a little bitch because you went to someone else's house to play Nintendo. Like Vince said, they'd all be foolish to not carry wrestling ppvs, you have to think wrestling ppvs are probably the 3rd most ordered ppv's, right under porn and boxing. Maybe UFC does more ppv buys than WWE, I'm not 100% sure about all of that, but seriously......these fuckers, providers, networks, etc. they're all criminals with their outlandish fees and whatnot just to watch the programming.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sorry should've gone with;

Wow speaks volumes then dean ambrose burns down the universe.

Now you're catching on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince said companies such as DirecTV were offered the chance to be involved with distributing the Network - but WWE's profit would be about 20 cents in the dollar. Now they're guaranteed 10 bucks a month from every customer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sure it's racist
    There is nothing racist about wanting border security.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. Stone View Post
    Vince said companies such as DirecTV were offered the chance to be involved with distributing the Network - but WWE's profit would be about 20 cents in the dollar. Now they're guaranteed 10 bucks a month from every customer.
    I'd read it was as low as 20 cents per customer per month.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. Stone View Post
    Good on them. I'm not a huge fan of Vince or the WWE but this is a fantastic looking deal and it really goes to show how grossly unnecessary the older format is. It's a siphon for already wealthy people to make money out of somebody else's content. If WWE can provide a whole network, on demand shows plus PPVs for $10 a month, DirecTV have no excuse to ask for $50 for a three hour show, and it's hilarious to see them low-balling Vince and having it come back to bite them in the ass. "Low-cost competitive offering"... as if competition and low cost are dirty words.

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on how WWE Network goes [and I expect it to be a enormous success for WWE with the middleman (DirecTV, etc..) cut out], UFC won't be far behind...

DirecTV are idiots to be bitching about this. They were offered WWE Network for 2+ years and declined. Now they realize the gravy train is over. Gonna love their reaction when UFC follows suit (with all PPVs offered on their new digital UFC Fight Pass). Not a question of if here, but when.

DirecTV/Dish would rather stick with their dated model of business. Good for them. And if they continue to decline to go A la Carte with their own offerings, their revenues will continue to dwindle. I'll sit back and enjoy when other companies (and consumers alike) throw the middle finger at them.
    Last edited by Cold_Hearted_Truth; January 12th, 2014 at 4:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you as well as others are looking at it at the wrong angle, In fact the angle you’re looking at it at seems to have a lot of glare and light blinding some facts though.

Let’s start by outlining some facts about WWE as a business and organization not as a product;

1. WWE in my personal opinion has some of the best business strategist and marketing professionals backing them up and I feel that is and has always been there strong points. I can’t say the same about their writing team as of late which I would point to that as being there biggest downfall as a quality of a product and show.

2. WWE has entered every form of social media and application trend there has been in the last few years, whether it’s “You Tube”, “Twitter”, Live streaming services such as “Hulu” and “Netflix” they have pretty much excelled at all of the above from user views right down to providing content.

3. They are calling it the “WWE Network” but let’s not look at that title as being an actual Television Network but rather a word to describe what it actually is which is a collection of content and services all under one application. Which is why they have been pushing there WWE APP religiously over the past year.

4. I don’t know the actual number, but it’s well known that the WWE has millions of viewers and followers that watch their products and buy their products. They already have a large and global viewer and fan base where even if they decided to take it off cable all together people would flock to the application/network to feed there wrestling desire.

5. The wwe is taking an independent approach which is smart by eliminating all the third party nonsense and royalties they end up having to pay to have there shows and product hosted and streamed. I’m not sure if you’re a gamer and aware of steam works, but wwe is pulling that card out of there deck which is smart.

Now to comment on a few things you and others have said.

TV and Cable series WILL eventually die but I would not count on that for a few years longer but this has been the start of that rise and fall of how media is distributed to viewers and just like everything else WWE is jumping on that trend and foreseeing it. Let’s take WWE out of the equation for a moment and consider that HBO and many other tv networks are branching off and considering the possibility of paid live streaming for their channels/networks as individual rather than a tv package. But just like the transition from house land line phones to cell phones it will take some time but WWE is already on that bandwagon rightfully so.

This is the year 2014 where you can stream a 1080p video to your cellphone on a 3g network. If you or another consumer had dialup still then yeah that could be an issue but you can stream HD content no problem now days with very little bandwidth required. I also should note most wwe content is at 720p actually so either way it’s no issue at all.

Iknow this is getting lengthy so I will make one more important note that has you and others concerned with this “network” idea. Yes WWE is going to be going on a crusade to take down any homebrewed content off of you tube but if they’re smart I have a hunch that they will do this but also allow subscribers of their network application to record, host, edit and upload their own wwe content just as you would do now on youtube but it would not be youtube it would be “User created” section on the wwe network. So people can host their own commentary, montages, etc. WWE is smart enough(business not the writers) to know they can get a lot of value out of user created content rather than trying to push it out themselves.

Last comment I would like to make is that many people like me don’t have cable subscription where I’m forced to pretty much watch recaps on Hulu or download a recording of the show. I as well as many also don’t buy the highly expensive PPV’s each month so a service like this offers a affordable way to watch the ppvs and the shows. It does not take a genius to do the math and figure the wwe will make MORE money then they’re now by cutting on the third parties and attracting the group of people like me into buying where they were not making a dime off us before.

I’m not a huge fan of WWE as much as I used to be nor am I on the “WWE bandwagon”. However, I find this topic to be very interesting because it’s a start of a new trend where if it works you will see many other shows and networks following in this direction.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm really excited for this. I will watch PPVs I wouldn't normally have gotten. No longer have to watch some shitty stream online that keeps going down. If we do get the complete replay of RAW and Smackdown immediately after, I will watch those, and no longer read the results online. I am also stoked to see old PPVs, most specifically old Royal Rumbles, Surivor Series, and King of the Rings. I'm sure the best is even yet to come. What about a show featuring the debuts of superstars? They can even put old DVDs up on this.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Yeah the possibilities are endless. I wish I would have bought stock in wwe because I reckon they might actually start to be worth money soon.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE's stock price has doubled in the past year, so you could have made some serious money if you'd invested a year ago. On the other hand, the fact that Stephanie is selling off so much of her stock suggests it's probably hit its peak for the foreseeable future.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was supposed to be a meeting today, but it was canceled. The big issue was rumored to be that the WWE guys are going to take a massive pay cut here because no PPV means no PPV bonuses

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    surely contracts will be readjusted to work with their new programming ideas.

sounds like complete fucking bullshit.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    surely contracts will be readjusted to work with their new programming ideas.

sounds like complete fucking bullshit.
    Surely why is this assured?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    cause they are a multi million $ successful company. they aren't stupid.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're a multi millon $ company for several reasons. One of which is not paying their employees, oops sorry I mean Independent Contractors, more than they absolutely have to.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    ah like all businesses.

look at it this way, say you signed a contract to work in a supermarket. when you begin working the shops opening hours are 9am-5pm. then one day they decide to change to being open 24 hours a day. you would be offered a new contract based on their new business model if it would mean changes in your role or wage.

so why on earth would wwe or any company for that matter punish all their employees for a decision they have made re their business.

think about it for the love of fuck.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone will be working in Japan by the end of the year.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah like all businesses.

look at it this way, say you signed a contract to work in a supermarket. when you begin working the shops opening hours are 9am-5pm. then one day they decide to change to being open 24 hours a day. you would be offered a new contract based on their new business model if it would mean changes in your role or wage.

so why on earth would wwe or any company for that matter punish all their employees for a decision they have made re their business.

think about it for the love of fuck.

This sounds like something that would be collectively bargained through a Union. Wrestlers don't have one of those.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    no it doesn't it sounds like something every employer would do.

unions have no power anymore. employers aren't as stupid as you seem to think especially ones the size of wwe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few months ago, PPV bonuses didn't seem to be a major concern - but I hope it's something they're now addressing. Odd that the meeting was cancelled though.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    because they're the only game in town and if the workers dont like it nuts to them, good luck trying to make good money anywhere but here.

you know, the exact outlook every employer has when they fuck over their employees

but who knows maybe it will work out well and everyone will keep their level of pay. but i dont know in what world "its all going to be ok for the workers" is the idea one should have going forward when a corporation implements a change that might seriously have adverse effects on pay.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    what fucking world do you lot live in?

it's not 1901. any change/breach of contract could be contested in court, which i am sure wwe aren't that interested in when they would just pay their employees fairly.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    what fucking world do you lot live in?
    america

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    is there a magic time machine that makes all employees whipping boys? fucking hell, really really really think about what you are saying.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    stop trolling mike hunt, you know corporations fuck over their employees all the time and that america has lacking protections for workers

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    that is 100% a pile of shit.

i am not fucking trolling either. it would be an absolute pr disaster for wwe when their employees go public and state how they have been shafted by wwe.

ask yourself why on earth a fucking entertainment company that has several hours of tv a week would do that?

there is no reason.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is 100% a pile of shit.

i am not fucking trolling either. it would be an absolute pr disaster for wwe when their employees go public and state how they have been shafted by wwe.

ask yourself why on earth a fucking entertainment company that has several hours of tv a week would do that?

there is no reason.
    The only times anyone even remotely cares about the treatment on pro wrestlers is when someone dies or someone is running for the Senate.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    if a billion dollar company that derives huge profits from contracting with the US government can freeze its workers pensions, a wrestling promotion can fuck with its employees ppv bonuses. you're trolling with peoples livelihoods here mike hunt. unconscionable.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    you are an actual idiot.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    The only times anyone even remotely cares about the treatment on pro wrestlers is when someone dies or someone is running for the Senate.
    Or the free rehab WWE offers to ex employees, or the numerous times vince has helped people who have fallen on hard times. Fuck off with your bullshit, know it all attitude you absolute cunt.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    look you dicks you're making me a peter agree. fucking hell take a look at yourselves.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the 'free rehab' was a result of many wrestlers dying young and such

you validated one of defrost's points

amazing

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Or the free rehab WWE offers to ex employees, or the numerous times vince has helped people who have fallen on hard times. Fuck off with your bullshit, know it all attitude you absolute cunt.
    Really is no need for that. Disagree with him by all means but no need for the rest of it.

My opinion on the network is its great for the fans but im slightly concerned about it from a business stand point. I guess time will tell though.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is genius from a business standpoint. Currently WWE doesn't get a penny out of me. Now they're going to get €120 a year. There will be a lot of people out there in the same position.

They won't be screwing the talent over either. They could have phased out PPV bonuses whenever they wanted to. They'll be replaced by something else which will make the difference up.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    It is genius from a business standpoint. Currently WWE doesn't get a penny out of me. Now they're going to get €120 a year. There will be a lot of people out there in the same position.

They won't be screwing the talent over either. They could have phased out PPV bonuses whenever they wanted to. They'll be replaced by something else which will make the difference up.
    Yeah, that's my sentiment. I haven't spent shit on anything for like 12 years other than a SmackDown taping like 9 years ago and an Undertaker shirt.

They now have 10 bucks from me a month guaranteed just so I can stream shit and have a better stream than myp2p that I can watch when I want to watch it.

I'll pay $10 a month just to know I can see the shows right after they air as I'm usually not home for them while they air, let alone the library they're giving us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post

this is precisely what i said but was told i was trolling and that i was "unconscionable"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Hunt is spot on about the contracting thing btw, typical cynical for the sake of being cynical nonsense with absolutely no information to back up those silly victorian labour camp claims.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if it's been mentioned or answered but are their DVD collection going to be included?

Like the CM Punk & Triple H DVD's?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen that listed anywhere, so I don't think so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's cool. It makes sense they would want to still receive DVD sales income.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I haven't seen that listed anywhere, so I don't think so.
    They have pulled them all off netflix though.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Thinking about this more the network would appear to give the wrestlers more to barter for when negotiating contracts now.

Also if wwe are investing in new programming then whats stopping say Kofi Kingston coming up with a shit hot idea that they make and he gets some form of payment.

all seems very logical and progressive, of course i am just assuming.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Mike they're going to have them in sweatshops on exercise bikes powering the server to keep the network going and theres nothing they can do about it because Rupert McMahondoch is an evil warlord and owns the souls of each and every independant contracor.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    As long as they have ppv bonuses though.

they still have them dont they?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Obviously most people will spend their first few minutes browsing, but what will everyone's first show be to watch? I will most likely pick an old school PPV, maybe Survivor Series 1990 or Royal Rumble 1990.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TV networks will be shitting their pants with this as if it works then how many companies are gonna follow suit.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Obviously most people will spend their first few minutes browsing, but what will everyone's first show be to watch? I will most likely pick an old school PPV, maybe Survivor Series 1990 or Royal Rumble 1990.
    Legends House

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    the 'free rehab' was a result of many wrestlers dying young and such

you validated one of defrost's points

amazing
    To be fair though, in most forms of life it takes tragedy to take action on something good. They have no obligation to pay rehab for former staff members, most companies dont and its not WWE's fault that wrestling happens to be a business with a lot of drug abusers and alcoholics.

I dont see EMI doing the same thing for rockstars.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will go with Monday Night Wars…but I do want to watch Austin-Hart from Mania XIII as I've never seen it in its entirety. It's pathetic, but true.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the back catalogue of Raw/SD/SNME etc all gonn a be on. I've got most of the PPV's on DVD anyway so I'd probably be more interested in finding someones carrer set w/shoot interview/documentary or watching the TV shows at first.

It will allow me to get rid of all my space wasting DVDs though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're going to bring "Monday Night Wars" from WWE Classics over to this. Hopefully that means posting all the ones that they have right away instead of rolling them out slowly as part of the regularly scheduled programming. I feel like they must have most of the 1995-2000 episodes up by now, but I've never subscribed to the service so I'm not sure.

Not sure on Saturday Night's Main Event. I hope, but no guarantees.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    what was the monday night wars from wwe classics?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They would show the corresponding episodes of Raw and Nitro from the same night back to back and include quick little snippet interviews with guys about what was going on. I say that without ever having seen an episode, but that's the description I've heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the conference call today, they said if the subscriber base builds up and the money comes in, they will do more exclusive content (e.g. more things like WrestleMania Rewind, Monday Night War etc).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen it's going to be $9.99 a month, sounds good that. But off course we have to wait until late 2014 early 2015.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    just get a us account and unblock it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember that it's unlikely every show will be available the moment the Network goes live. I'm sure they'll add old PPVs and TV shows on a regular basis, though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just get a us account and unblock it.
    Details mate.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    To be fair though, in most forms of life it takes tragedy to take action on something good. They have no obligation to pay rehab for former staff members, most companies dont and its not WWE's fault that wrestling happens to be a business with a lot of drug abusers and alcoholics.

I dont see EMI doing the same thing for rockstars.
    Dont worry mate, Matthew has taken to following me around like a child for months now even though hes been told to stop, guess he must have brain damage.