Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 647071727374
Results 7,301 to 7,321 of 7321

Thread: The WWE Network Thread

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yeah, would be interested to hear TEs thoughts here. I didn't like the event back in 1999, may have seen it once since. In my head, it's a bit of a pig.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    the mood struck me to watch it last night. i hadn't watched it since i rented the VHS from blockbuster back in 1999 either. it's actually the first PPV to happen after i started watching. i think the very first RAW i watched was the one right after the owen memorial.

it's not a hidden classic or anything, but it has a reputation as being one of the very worst shows of all time and it really isn't. it's a fun, easy to watch show that's very solid. i enjoyed watching it more than either night of the last wrestlemania.

the king of the ring DOES feel low-rent. but the matches are mostly quite good. very short, which helped earn it its low reputation, but for the most part entertaining while they lasted. billy gunn's matches with shamrock and kane were both surprisingly fun. road dogg/chyna dragged at times when chyna was dominating, but the ending couple minutes were a blast and the crowd went wild for road dogg's win. even big show/kane, with the infamous three minute choke during the ref bump, was at least amusingly odd.

edge and christian vs. the hardys was a genuinely good, quick sprint with a really cool spear spot. undertaker/rock was a quintessential bloated, attitude era style main event match that worked because the crowd was into it and they worked it at an energetic pace with lots of bells and whistles. the main event ladder match wasn't much to write home about but it was at least a reasonably entertaining ass kicking, and austin's bump onto the announce table looked nasty.

fun show overall and i enjoyed watching it more than i have a lot of PPVs.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Nice. A lot of those Attitude era PPVs make for an enjoyable watch, even if there aren't any matches you would necessarily recommend invidually.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    makes me want to revisit the similarly infamous king of the ring 2000 show.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me wonder what the most "infamous" thing was in January of 92.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mazer it's Cody Rhodes on Broken Skull Sessions May 6th since your work blocks imgur.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i'm going to try to watch all the attitude era PPVs in order. watched wrestlemania 14 a few weeks ago so watched unforgiven 1998 last night.

now that was a bad show. literally nothing on the undercard was good or actively enjoyable. okay, triple h bumping around for owen hart in the first two minutes of their match was fun -- that was genuinely the only highlight. undertaker/kane, despite the wrestling being dull, was a well-done spectacle match though. like their wrestlemania match, it felt like something really worth watching and memorable, even if the work wasn't good. undertaker's dive over the top rope was one great spot. austin/mankind at least made up for the show by being a fun and energetic main event, and foley took some nasty bumps.

overall, i more or less enjoyed watching it because i just more and more appreciate the energy and atmosphere of the era, even on a show that's 80% bad. not to mention i like the visual feel of the production not only more than modern WWE, obviously, but more than AEW also.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am interested in watching that Broken Skulls with Cody. I finally got around to watching the one with Bubba Ray Dudley the other night. I always enjoy these episodes.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm interested

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Broken Skull with Lita was really interesting. Wild that she just straight-up went to Mexico and got herself into the business. Seems like that could've been crazy dangerous. Also surprised to hear about Stone Cold accompanying her with her neck surgery.

Definitely planning to watch Cody's.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I am interested in watching that Broken Skulls with Cody. I finally got around to watching the one with Bubba Ray Dudley the other night. I always enjoy these episodes.
    I love that Bubba episode. Particularly his beginnings, their wrestling academy and how they planned the TLC 2 spots. Plus the wee drinky toast they had also made this episode.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    after watching a couple attitude era ppvs recently i got in the mood to watch them all. so i started at wrestlemania 14 and just finished rock bottom. doing an ongoing ranking as i watch. here's my attitude era ppv rankings from wm14 through the end of 1998, including the couple other shows i watched recently before starting going in order:

1. no way out 2001
    2. backlash 2000
    3. wrestlemania 14
    4. summerslam 98
    5. survivor series 98
    6. king of the ring 98
    7. king of the ring 99
    8. breakdown 98
    9. over the edge 98
    10. judgment day 98
    11. fully loaded 98
    12. unforgiven 98
    13. rock bottom 98

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Peacock has a black Friday deal that's 99 cents a month for a year. Definitely worth it for wwe, office and parks.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to take advantage of that, but can't because I already paid them for the month lol.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rewatching King of the Ring 94. I forgot about Art Donovan and his awful commentary. Dear God. Probably worst guest commentary and commentary ever.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Rewatching King of the Ring 94. I forgot about Art Donovan and his awful commentary. Dear God. Probably worst guest commentary and commentary ever.
    He was like if you took your grandpa to Raw and they had him sit in with Corey Graves to call the matches. He was as casual as you could get lol. It was basically a non-fan with too much air time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I don’t know how famous he was at the time and thought they’d draw in extra viewers but really…why lol. Hometown for him maybe is all I can think of.

“How much does he weigh?”

“Who’s that in the ring?”

“Why is the referee stealing the belt?”
    Last edited by Badger; December 6th, 2022 at 4:59 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince's hard on for non-wrestlers especially old school sports legends.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also re-remembered how awful that Lawler/Piper match was. Two guys of their stature should’ve managed something better but it was butt-ugly especially the finish. Granted Piper had been out a while but still.
    Last edited by Badger; December 6th, 2022 at 7:55 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Watched Survivor Series 1999 yesterday. Another fun, underrated Attitude Era PPV. Nothing standout great but most matches were fun and easy to watch, and the show flew by. Chyna/Jericho was clunky at times but actually pretty damn good as the crowd became really into it by the end with the men cheering for Jericho and the women cheering for Chyna, and some really good nearfalls at the end. Big Show was also mega over on this show. If they were gonna pull a bait and switch and give him the title, this was the night as he got a monster pop for his 1-on-4 survivor series match where he squashed everyone before the main event. And the main event itself was a really fun, energetic Attitude Era brawl.