Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 57636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,700 of 7321

Thread: The WWE Network Thread

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want to cut the cable, because it's costing a fortune, but I do want to watch live on the occasions I have a chance. I would buy the network in a heartbeat if it included live Raw/SD

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That Hardy Halloween shit was amazing.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boogeyman!

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Boogeyman was on that Hardy special, I'll probably dial it up...

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a random thought here, but with WWE just finishing up the second Mae Young tournament, doing a UK-exclusive tournament and the Cruiserweight tournament before that, what do you think the chances are we'd see a Network exclusive Mexico tournament?

Imagine a proper Lucha Libre tournament, featuring some of the bigger stars from the current crop out there today. Then bring Rey Mysterio and Kalisto in from the main roster, and bring in Psychosis, Juventud Guerrera, and Super Crazy to fill out a few spots with some old guys. It'd be a great way to promote a different style of wrestling that isn't the 205 Live style of cruisers.

They could bring in Chavo Guerrero to host the show or even do commentary. Maybe they could even partner with AAA or CMLL or whatever.

Call it "The Eddie Guerrero Memorial Tournament" or something.
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; October 30th, 2018 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capital idea old chap.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Oh he's on there.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd rather have a tournament full of odd characters, such as Boogeyman, Gangrel, Bray Wyatt and snitsky

Simon
    Watched a bit of Attitude Era stuff yesterday, I know this isn't new info but fucking hell Triple H was the absolute king in 2000. An awesome mixture of underhand and tough.

I remembered the Triple H/Rock feud as being mostly about Rock chasing and Triple H relying on the facgime to bail him out, but watching it back Triple H is much more intent on proving himself to be a legitimate champion (while being willing to fall back on the McMahon-Helmsley camp if needed) than I realised - after he loses the title at Backlash he comes out the next night and demands an Iron Man match to prove who's best, an absolute boss move. Then at Judgment Day he sends the facgime back to the dressing room at the start because he wants to prove he can win legitimately. Obviously the facgime all end up coming back to help him at the end anyway, but it was really believable that he wanted to do things right. So cool.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Might As Well Be Donald View Post
    That Hardy Halloween shit was amazing.
    Indeed it was. I recommend that everyone watch it.

He was! There's a surprise at the end that makes it even better, but I don't want to spoil anything.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Watched a bit of Attitude Era stuff yesterday, I know this isn't new info but fucking hell Triple H was the absolute king in 2000. An awesome mixture of underhand and tough.

I remembered the Triple H/Rock feud as being mostly about Rock chasing and Triple H relying on the facgime to bail him out, but watching it back Triple H is much more intent on proving himself to be a legitimate champion (while being willing to fall back on the McMahon-Helmsley camp if needed) than I realised - after he loses the title at Backlash he comes out the next night and demands an Iron Man match to prove who's best, an absolute boss move. Then at Judgment Day he sends the facgime back to the dressing room at the start because he wants to prove he can win legitimately. Obviously the facgime all end up coming back to help him at the end anyway, but it was really believable that he wanted to do things right. So cool.
    That iron man match is one of the most underrated of all time. Holy fuck it's good.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Just had a random thought here, but with WWE just finishing up the second Mae Young tournament, doing a UK-exclusive tournament and the Cruiserweight tournament before that, what do you think the chances are we'd see a Network exclusive Mexico tournament?

Imagine a proper Lucha Libre tournament, featuring some of the bigger stars from the current crop out there today. Then bring Rey Mysterio and Kalisto in from the main roster, and bring in Psychosis, Juventud Guerrera, and Super Crazy to fill out a few spots with some old guys. It'd be a great way to promote a different style of wrestling that isn't the 205 Live style of cruisers.

They could bring in Chavo Guerrero to host the show or even do commentary. Maybe they could even partner with AAA or CMLL or whatever.

Would be alright until the realization that Michael Cole calls every one of the competitors "fun to watch".

Simon
    Yeah Rancid, so much clever stuff going on, especially from Triple H.

Following up a Pedigree pin with a quick roll up while The Rock is still groggy was great but my favourite is when he gets disqualified for hitting The Roxk with something (sledgehammer?), then casually pins his unconscious body to make the disqualification worthwhile, knowing that Rock is now more damaged than him. Amazing psychology.

I love all the Taker madness at the end where no one quite knows what is going on, but in a way it's a shame that it makes people forget about how good the match was. Two legends at their peak.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Rock/Triple H Iron Man match is one of the only non-Jerry Lawler WWF matches where a straight up piledriver beat a major star, too. Nice to see that move get some respect in WWF land.

Simon
    Mad that Triple H gets three straight clean pins on The Rock as well. Wonder if there was any other point once he became a star that he lost clean three times in a row.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    He was also the first heel to walk out of WrestleMania with the title, too, in 2000.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot is said about HHH and holding people down blah blah blah but actually in terms of match quality and psychology i think hes actually up there. Almost underrated because of his behind the scenes reputation.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    In 2000, like Simon has said, he was the man.

In 2003, however, that's the run that almost had me tuning out altogether.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Mad that Triple H gets three straight clean pins on The Rock as well. Wonder if there was any other point once he became a star that he lost clean three times in a row.
    In 2002 Chris Jericho beat him 3 nights in a row on a live event tour.

Also, in 2001, Rock lost to Rob Van Dam on RAW, as a tag-team with Chris Jericho to Raven and Justin Credible on a Smackdown!, and then to Jericho on pay-per-view.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Heels tend to lose on live events though, especially in the main event. I bet he has a longer losing run than that.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the House Hardy Halloween. Highlights were the kangaroo not giving any fucks, Boogeyman, and Papa goddamn Shango. Still waiting for Shango to pop up on one of those milestone RAW/SD episodes or in a Rumble. We're gotten Godfather too damn much, switch it up, Mr. Wright.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing Boogeyman and Papa Shango in the same ring was a long time coming.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I noticed that was a bit strange was that they have Matt tell Senor Benjamin he is in charge of landscaping and making the property look good and then they immediately cut to Jeff Hardy outside weed-whacking the lawn into art.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    He was talking to a giraffe and that's the bit you find strange?! Haja

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Don't Matt and Jeff live in two different houses though? Senior Benjamin may have landscaped Matt's house and not Jeff's.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange was probably the wrong word considering the whole damn thing was strange.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If/when WWE does another Greatest-Er Royal Rumble, they should bring back Charles Wright and have him do a 3 faces of Foley thing as Papa Shango, Kama - The Supreme Fighting Machine, and The Godfather. Maybe even have him in and out 4 times as The Goodfather.

Could be a ton of fun.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Agreed

One thing I noticed that was a bit strange was that they have Matt tell Senor Benjamin he is in charge of landscaping and making the property look good and then they immediately cut to Jeff Hardy outside weed-whacking the lawn into art.
    Don't Matt and Jeff live in two different houses though? Senior Benjamin may have landscaped Matt's house and not Jeff's.
    iirc, Jeff does that kind of lawn art, if you can call it that, at his house. I think you can see some of it at the beginning of the first Final Deletion. Jeff was probably put in charge of that just for the Halloween Party. Matt's estate is pretty big, so I imagine Senor Beeenjamin tended to the rest of it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    How good was The Great American Bash 1989? A fun opening battle royale, The Steiners and the Varsity Club, Luger/Steamboat, Sting/Muta, WAR GAMES and Flair/Funk.

I couldn't recommend this event more. Just an excellent, excellent show. Something for everybody here. Of the old NWA shows, I really recommend this and Starrcade 1985.

Also, I must say, when I have 20 minutes to kill, I do quite enjoy watching Ride Along and Table for 3. Last night I caught the Ride Along with Corey, Nia and Rene and Drew and Dolph and the Table for 3 with Nash, Page and Show. Nothing ground breaking, but good fun.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get into the Ride Along show but I love Table for 3.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride Along can be great. It can also be a total snore.

I highly recommend the ones with the Good Brothers.

Also the best Austin podcast is the one with the Good Brothers.

Also Good Brothers for champions of all things.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride Along would be better if it wasn't about the current crop of WWE wrestlers going from town to town.

Instead, they should combine it with a Table For 3 type-idea (car for three?) and have it feature a mix of legends, current guys, and non-wrestlers. Also, they should have an extra interviewer ride along (oh... now I get it...) with them and ask them questions and prompt some discussions.

So, its less like three guys talking about what Denny's they're going to stop at and more like Sting, Diamond Dallas Page, and The Big Show driving through Ohio in the middle of the night to get to a hotel before a wrestling convention the next day while somebody asks them questions and they shoot the shit and tell old stories.

Ride Along needs something to keep things interesting.

Hell, Kayfabe Commentaries has a DVD series just like that, where older guys and indie guys are followed for an entire trip around the loop, from the hotel, to the lockers, to the ring, and then back to the hotel and home, by a camera crew and somebody asking them questions.

I'd love to see something like that, but with a WWE spin and polish.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chronicles of Dean Ambrose should be good

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame this behind the curtain stuff didn't exist when the wrestlers were all off their bonce. It's nice to see that all of them are decent enough people, but man I'd have loved to have seen this stuff when there were actual characters and not level headed family men that play video games. Imagine if the cameras were there for the plane ride from hell, or some of those Kliq road trips, or the hazing period with Bradshaw. It's all a bit sedate.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    It's a shame this behind the curtain stuff didn't exist when the wrestlers were all off their bonce. It's nice to see that all of them are decent enough people, but man I'd have loved to have seen this stuff when there were actual characters and not level headed family men that play video games. Imagine if the cameras were there for the plane ride from hell, or some of those Kliq road trips, or the hazing period with Bradshaw. It's all a bit sedate.
    Plane Ride from Hell would've been fucking fantastic!

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I could dig a ride along of Goldust in his gold limo. Or Undertaker in a hearse. Duke Drose in a garbage truck. TL Hopper in an unmarked white van.

If there were cameras, we could have found out exactly where Parts Unknown was.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could dig a ride along of Goldust in his gold limo. Or Undertaker in a hearse. Duke Drose in a garbage truck. TL Hopper in an unmarked white van.
    RVD and Sabu in a regular car.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The money I’d pay to see Jim Duggan and The Iron Sheik traveling together, doing drugs, and shooting the shit and then watching them get busted and fired. That’s a real “Ride Along”.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The money I’d pay to see Jim Duggan and The Iron Sheik traveling together, doing drugs, and shooting the shit and then watching them get busted and fired. That’s a real “Ride Along”.
    Hogan at the wheel, Duggan riding shotgun, Sheik in the back.

Brother, those were good times.
    You said it, Hogan!
    SHUT DA FACKUP, YOU JABORNI!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Boogeyman known for riding with anyone in particular? I'd like to see that, keep him in character

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Was Boogeyman known for riding with anyone in particular? I'd like to see that, keep him in character
    Scotty 2 Hotty I think. It's a worm thing.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scotty 2 Hotty I think. It's a worm thing.
    You must spread reputation etc.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd definitely do it. WWE put on better TV in their tournaments than they do in their TV. Get a Lucha style tournament with lucha libre style rules. Add in a few legends, and I'd watch that. Similar to King of the Ring.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see them do a proper World Cup rather than a storyline tool to promote Survivor Series.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see Byron paired up with a different group each week. The goal is to see how long they can put up with him before kicking him out of the car or ditching him. Whoever rides with Byron the longest gets their rental paid for.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 365 Doc on Styles was really good. Nice tidbit to learn that Styles was working around MITB and going forward with a torn hamstring.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I'd like to see Byron paired up with a different group each week. The goal is to see how long they can put up with him before kicking him out of the car or ditching him. Whoever rides with Byron the longest gets their rental paid for.
    Kind of a blast from the past here, but that's just like the real life situation that saw Bob Orton Senior traveling with Juventud Guerrera. Because Juvi managed to piss off every other person on the roster, Bob Orton was the only guy who'd travel with him.

Shame Bob's passed on and Juvi doesn't work there anymore. That'd be a great episode of Ride Along.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    The more I hear from JR way back in the day, the more I liken him to the 'Attitude Era' in that, looking back, he wasn't actually that good. He was a screaming lunatic throughout most of the 'Attitude Era' and listening back to him on old NWA/WCW shows, I'm still not keen. Was watching Halloween Havoc '89 last night and during a Road Warriors match, the camera was panning ringside and there was a young fan clearly wearing a Hawk mask or paint and JR said something to the effect of 'must be a big Great Muta fan right there'.

Maybe I'm being harsh on old Jim. I remember loving the commentary at WrestleMania X-7, but that was more Heyman. Meh.

Oh, and in their promo before their match, Hawk stated that "'the Road Warriors have been underdogs their entire lives".

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jim Ross is overrated by far. He was just the voice during a time wrestling was extremely popular. Good luck with the new All Elite promotion

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta disagree with that assessment of JR. I felt he was a big help in getting the talent over. Since he was also in charge of talent relations at the time, he had more involvement with them, and I think he understood how important commentary was in character development better than anyone since he left.

Sure, some of his work was comically terrible, but I chalk that up to some of the storylines forced on him at the time. His good stuff was far more the rule than not.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jim Ross is overrated by far. He was just the voice during a time wrestling was extremely popular. Good luck with the new All Elite promotion
    Nah, JR was an amazing commentator. His work brought emotion and help to tell stories. JR’s last couple of years in WWE, he was getting worse, but he was still the best they had. His work on New Japan has been miserable and I hate it.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Nah, JR was an amazing commentator. His work brought emotion and help to tell stories. JR’s last couple of years in WWE, he was getting worse, but he was still the best they had. His work on New Japan has been miserable and I hate it.
    I suppose, he many iconic lines especially when shouting Stone Cold! and the Foley stuff at Hell in a Cell 1998. I applaud the man for working through and not letting Bell's Palsy stop him from doing his job.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    His call after Benoit won at Mania 20 is still an all-time great.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Billion Dollar Princess has become the dairy queen!"

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jim Ross is the GOAT.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    JR is great when he is into it. When he is just going through the motions he is horrible.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    Jim Ross is the GOAT.
    You can't go that far. Gorilla Monsoon was better, Gordon Solie was better. On the heel color side, Jesse Ventura was better. Heenan is the GOAT.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    From whom I've seen/heard:

Great - Monsoon, Ventura, Heenan,

Good - McMahon, Ross, Lawler, Piper, Hennig, Graves, Savage

Bad - Everyone else except...

Terrible - Tazz

Maybe it's cause I don't remember Monsoon, Ventura, or Heenan ever schilling everything WWE each and every week.

Also, I know he doesn't do commentary, but I really enjoy that Scott Stanford guy that does This Week in WWE.
    Last edited by Might As Well Be Donald; November 29th, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    You can't go that far. Gorilla Monsoon was better, Gordon Solie was better. On the heel color side, Jesse Ventura was better. Heenan is the GOAT.
    Solie was, and still is overrated. I won't argue about Gorilla or Heenan. It all comes down to personal taste. I love 80s and early 90s stuff. I had the most fun watching during the Attitude Era though.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From whom I've seen/heard:

Great - Monsoon, Ventura, Heenan,

Good - McMahon, Ross, Lawler, Piper, Hennig, Graves, Savage

Bad - Everyone else except...

Terrible - Tazz

Maybe it's cause I don't remember Monsoon, Ventura, or Heenan ever schilling everything WWE each and every week.

Also, I know he doesn't do commentary, but I really enjoy that Scott Stanford guy that does This Week in WWE.
    Tazz wasn't that bad. He was quite enjoyable in the early Smacdown days.

Otunga should be in the terrible bracket.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was just the sound of his voice. Irritates me to this day.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably should avoid New York then.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    One of the 5 reasons I moved to North Carolina

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donald were you at WrestleCade?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No...I didn't even know about it. I'll have to set up reminders to go next year, that's if they hold it in NC again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They hold it during Thanksgiving weekend every year in Winston-Salem. You should go next year.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Donald turns up at an NC event, I'm expecting wooos and a full Flair strut. Clothes off optional but preferred.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    One of the 5 reasons I moved to North Carolina
    I refuse to believe anyone could have more than two reasons to move to NC.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched E&C's show for the first time in a while after TLC. The whole episode was bat shit crazy. Christian is a much better rapper than Edge. This clip is probably the most mild segment from the ep.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The Nigel documentary was really good. One of the best they've done I'd even say.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I cries during it

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    The Nigel documentary was really good. One of the best they've done I'd even say.
    Indeed, Excellent stuff.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I use the network for ppvs and watchalong podcast commentaries only.

Still totally worth the $9.99. I wonder when the tiered pricing is going to happen. Anyone read anything on it lately?

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    Jim Ross is the GOAT.
    Gorilla Monsoon

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I don't watch current day wrestling and I still think the Network is a steal.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorilla Monsoon . He had good chemistry with Ventura and Heenan but was a shite commentator, almost as bad as Vince McMahon. JR on his game is several leagues above.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I think I use the network for ppvs and watchalong podcast commentaries only.

Still totally worth the $9.99. I wonder when the tiered pricing is going to happen. Anyone read anything on it lately?
    Only thing I read recently was that it was going up to $10.99. Think the source was decent, but I can't remember what it was. Sorry. Read nothing on tiered pricing for some time.

Going to watch the Nigel doc tonight. Always wanted to watch the independently made 'Last of McGuinness'.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cries during it
    Why does it cry Donald?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Why does it cry Donald?
    Because you have this dishonest piece of shit named Daniel Bryan who doesn't even have the WWE as his dream making it, while honest Nigel McGuinness who really wants to be in WWE doesn't make it.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's should be Brie McGuinness damnit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donald. Potty 2019.

I'm starting this campaign right now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since WWE has that working relationship to get TNA footage now, did the Nigel documentary have anything about Nigel's Winston Wolfe run from TNA? I'd love to hear what Kurt Angle has to say about that killer cage match they had on pay-per-view that time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desmond Wolfe, and yes it was brought up. I don't think the cage match was mentioned, but Angle had very nice words to say about Nigel. Great doc altogether.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What a great guy Nigel McGuinness is. New found respect for him after watching that doc. Make me want to watch NXT, NXT UK, 205 Live, and anything else he commentates on.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Confidential has been added for anyone interested.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Confidential has been added for anyone interested.
    I'm still waiting on the C-shows. WWF Jakked, Metal and WCW Worldwide and Pro.

We're inching closer and closer.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the Mark Henry special. Really good stuff. I hadn't really considered it but this confirmed to me that big Mark's definitely one of my all time favorites. What a guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mark Henry special was very good. I love seeing the snippets of footage they've filmed over the years while filming segments. It was also nice to hear Mark's story. He is a legit guy, and a very underrated talker. Good stuff. Would love to see many more of these about people from the past and present.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surprised at how much footage they had of him during his lifting days (I knew there'd be some but just expected competitions not backstage stuff) as well as during his wrestling training/developmental time. Appreciated seeing his early WWE stuff, too, as I only started watching when he was in the Nation teaming with D'lo.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anybody watch this WWE Untold Show? Watched the one on Eddie Guerrero, was surreal to watch. Never knew that Vickie had a missed call from Eddie the night he died.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone else lost the ability to Chromecast in the last few days? Suddenly the icon to cast never appears and I can only cast the tab (which is always really choppy).

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody watch this WWE Untold Show? Watched the one on Eddie Guerrero, was surreal to watch. Never knew that Vickie had a missed call from Eddie the night he died.
    The one about the WWE's ECW being a complete failure is very interesting. Surprised they were willing to put out something that essentially says, "We fucked up." Felt like a bit of an apology for shitting on the ECW brand.

The other two are both quite good, too.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So I'm starting watching RAW from the beginning, and watching the PPVs as they would appear, and I just gotta say after a month in, it's refreshing to watch wrestling without Twitter, hashtag, Facebook, or any of that garbage every minute again.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can someone log in and start RAW Episode 4? At like the 3 second mark, during the intro, there's a weird sound, I want to know if it's just me?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    what the fuck is that

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like bleed over from vince at commentary directing production. his, or somebody's, mic was hot when it shouldn't have been.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Love it.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Around this time of year I start binging random WM's and the matches. Last night I popped on WM 13 to watch the obvious classic: Fatal Fourway Tag-Team #1 contender's match! No seriously I did watch it, that match sucked ass, but Austin v. Bret I watched after that, classic that still holds up 20 years later.

Tonight I'll probably go a little more new school, maybe some WM 31-32, not sure. Rollins v. Orton @ WM 31 was very good.

The one about the WWE's ECW being a complete failure is very interesting. Surprised they were willing to put out something that essentially says, "We fucked up." Felt like a bit of an apology for shitting on the ECW brand.

The other two are both quite good, too.
    Heyman saying had they called it anything but ECW and it would've been a success was so fucking spot on. WWE ECW was like watching American Idol try to piece together a new version of Nirvana with only Krist Noveselic.....and he doesn't even get to play bass they had him playing the accordion lol.

The funny thing is, I liked the brand. It being called ECW didn't matter as much once many of the originals were released or drafted to SD/Raw.

But what also hurt the brand was the fact that none of the true established guys outside of the wrestling workhorses like Angle, Benoit, and RVD, they didn't seem to see the big picture until after the fact. Then you started seeing Matt Hardy, Mark Henry, a few other real established talents getting in the mix. And I'm not saying they should've had Batista on the ECW brand. But when Booker T is like, I'm going to quit if I get drafted there....He didn't get it.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I mean yeah didn't Kurt Angle think of it as a demotion to go to ECW? I think Benoit maybe thought that too, but he was excited to work with younger guys. I think Benoit was supposed to beat Punk at that PPV. It would have been nice.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once it started being more like the precursor to NXT, it was pretty good stuff.