User Tag List

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 7329

Thread: The WWE Network Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone back to having issues again? Tried logging in to the network on both PS3 and the computer this morning and nothing works, wont let me in at all. :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously the demand for WrestleMania will be a hell of a lot higher but I've not read about any problems with the live streaming of Main Event last night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewall View Post
    Is anyone back to having issues again? Tried logging in to the network on both PS3 and the computer this morning and nothing works, wont let me in at all. :/

Same here dude. I've always been able to log in and watch seamlessly on my PS4, but not today. Not working on any of my devices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimura Kid View Post
    Same here dude. I've always been able to log in and watch seamlessly on my PS4, but not today. Not working on any of my devices.
    Thanks for the reply dude, appreciate it. I've heard a few people saying it's down on all their devices, so perhaps it's down. Was freaking out that it was just on my end for a while there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem man!! It's back on for me dude!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, it is for me too dude. Thanks. Cool to see that the episode of RAW when WWE bought WCW is being added tonight. Remember seeing that episode back when it aired and being in shock for two hours. Cool stuff.

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. Stone View Post
    Obviously the demand for WrestleMania will be a hell of a lot higher but I've not read about any problems with the live streaming of Main Event last night.
    Watched Main Event live and minus 2-3 minor "jumps" in the feed, there were no issues. 1 of which I can't think of right this second, but I think it dealt with the bull, then there was a split second jump when the Usos were chatting with Renee in the ring and also as DB took the dive through the ropes, it jumped from him passing the ropes to him landing on the floor. Nothing monumental missed with any of those, so it gets a thumbs up from me. Would be nice if they weren't in there, but I am not going to gripe over something so minute.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well I certainly haven't been using the WWE Network as much as I thought I would. But still, even if I just watch the PPVs it's money well spent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I haven't used it a lot, but frankly NXT Arrival was worth it for this month's ten bucks, and I imagine I'll get that much enjoyment out of every month at least. Once the search is sorted I will probably be using it a lot more, it's just a bit overwhelming having to dig through entire shows to find the stuff I'm interested in most of the time.

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expected an increase, but didn't expect things to surface 3 days out of trial period. lol

Haven't gotten a survey.

According to a recent survey that has been sent out to fans, WWE is already contemplating raising the price of their Network to $11.99 per month. Among a number of different topics addressed in the survey, it was asked if fans would still subscribe to the WWE Network at $11.99 per month.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, but people are already locked in though for six months, so the earliest it could happen is August. People need to #HijackSurvey and say "no, I wouldn't pay it" to avoid them raising the rate.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is just standard market research.

I think the $9.99 price point is about perfect. As others in here, I haven't used the Network massively. I'll likely use it for the PPV and dip in to a show or two a month. I haven't subscribed for it to replace Netflix or Sky, it is there to supplement them. If they push the price then I'll have to decide if I can justify it. I suspect many others will be in a similar boat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I do think they're a bit quick to openly admit they're investigating a potential price increase, it's sensible to at least think about it. If people enjoy the Network and feel by having the monthly PPVs alone it's more than worth it - not to mention all the extra content they'll be adding each month - I don't think a price increase is totally out of the question.

These are daft numbers to prove a point but, especially if they establish a "hardcore" subsriber base that's at least the break even number, why make $10 a customer when you can make $11?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Beefy how do you have the network ?

The Rosk
    He posted a picture of himself with the Rajah T-Shirt.

Not Aware Of This? ThE_GrEaT_GaM's Avatar
    Your Posterior Better Contact Someone At Once
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they've charged me 9.99 instead of 60.00 upfront. I also received an email on monday thanking me for signing up for 1 week free trial lol. Not much of a 6 month commitment on my end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThE_GrEaT_GaM View Post
    So they've charged me 9.99 instead of 60.00 upfront. I also received an email on monday thanking me for signing up for 1 week free trial lol. Not much of a 6 month commitment on my end.
    They're doing that for everyone (except Apple TV subscribers for some reason). You are tied in to a six month contract, if you try to stop paying after two or three months they will come after you for the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mike View Post
    They're doing that for everyone (except Apple TV subscribers for some reason). You are tied in to a six month contract, if you try to stop paying after two or three months they will come after you for the rest.

Fair enough man thanks.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm watching the MSG shows, how did these air originally in the US? Was it local PPV, closed circuit TV, VHS or network TV?

I just can't see them giving away free Piper Vs Flair or Flair Vs Hogan back then.

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WM29 is the only WM showing up on the 360 app for me yesterday and today, anyone else getting this glitch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
    So I'm watching the MSG shows, how did these air originally in the US? Was it local PPV, closed circuit TV, VHS or network TV?

I just can't see them giving away free Piper Vs Flair or Flair Vs Hogan back then.
    On the MSG Network, local to NY.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched one of the "original" Legends programs. It was the Worst Gimmicks episode with Foley, Hayes, Okerlund, Rhodes, and Patterson.It was pretty cool. They give some of the reasons for the bad characters, and some great stories

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    On the MSG Network, local to NY.
    Yeah. I fucking love those "televised house shows'', that is where many of the best WWF matches happened in the 80's, not on television or PPV. Also the Boston Garden shows on NESN (New England Sports Network) and Philadelphia Spectrum shows on Prism.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    jesus fucking christ, watching old wcw pay-per-views is amazing. just watched souled 97. what a god awful event. BIG BOSS MAN ran over HUGH MORRIS with a motorcycle to win via countout ffs.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was he towing Big Show's dead daddy behind him at the time?

Once more unto the breach Pipkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    jesus fucking christ, watching old wcw pay-per-views is amazing. just watched souled 97. what a god awful event. BIG BOSS MAN ran over HUGH MORRIS with a motorcycle to win via countout ffs.
    Don't forget Eric Bischoff sucking face with an unattractive, middle-aged woman after naming her Miss nWo...

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the Big Boss Man vs. IRS on one of the MSG events right now. Fun match, especially with Heenan's commentary.

Rajah Universal Champion Mikey73181's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only issue so far is videos being wrong or changing mid stream. The other day I watched NXT Arrival when it first aired, my 3 year old likes Emma and her theme/dance so the next day I went to find that match for him but she I started the show it was the middle of Main Event, however if I forwarded an hour it did eventually become Arrival. Now just five minutes ago I was watching the Beyond The Ring episode with The Rock and all of a sudden it skipped a bit played split seconds of the commercials for other shows, the started WrestleMania Rewind, which wasn't supposed to be on for another 30 minutes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I blame Obomba.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what to say. I haven't had one problem.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much wrestling. My brain is actually melting with wrestling. I'm trying to mix it up by going old, wwe, wcw, wcw, newer PPv, but it's all wrestling. It's too much. I'm dreaming about wrestling. When I'm driving all I can see is wrestling, all of the wrestling. It's all wrestling. Wresting. I love network
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Boss Man is a legend. The man can do no wrong. He towed Big Shows dead dads coffin away and fed Al Snow his pet dog, if he wants to run people over with motocycles then he is allowed to win via countout.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    Too much wrestling. My brain is actually melting with wrestling. I'm trying to mix it up by going old, wwe, wcw, wcw, newer PPv, but it's all wrestling. It's too much. I'm dreaming about wrestling. When I'm driving all I can see is wrestling, all of the wrestling. It's all wrestling. Wresting. I love network
    I spent 10 hours watching old PPVs yesterday. I dreamt about wrestling all night. It's glorious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is rather addictive, revisiting old favourites and experiencing events anew. Begun watching Mania from the beginning, hoping to rewatch them all before XXX airs. Watched WM2 today, and the thing that still stands out to me, after all these years, about the event, is the terrible sell job that Jimmy Neidhart took in the Battle Royale when Andre lamped him with a right hand. Hysterical.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    You guys should write about your viewing experiences in here. I want to read about the hidden gems, forgotten characters and those matches that weren't as good as you remembered.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    I watched Summerslam 2000 the other day. In my mind that and WM17 are the THE quintessential WWE PPVs, not so much for quality (not that either of them aren't good) but because of how important they felt. I remember the days after both I felt like I had missed the biggest events of all time. Anyway, it's a good show. The opening 2 Cool six man was really fun and now I'm interested in finding what the really good 2 Cool + Rikishi six man tags are. Jericho/Benoit was pretty boring and not very good overall honestly. Good watch as a whole show overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Fully Loaded from 2000 last week and enjoyed the hell out of it. Opened with T&A and Trish against The Hardys and Lita, this was early on in Trish's wrestling career and she was pretty green but she still took some great bumps and the match was much more exciting and fun that I remembered it being. The show also has a decent cage match between Val Venis and Rikishi where the big guy hits a massive splash from the top of the cage, still an amazing thing to see. Angle versus "American Bad Ass" 'Taker is good fun too and Angle played the cowardly heel perfectly back then. Triple H vs. Jericho and Rock vs. Benoit felt big too, and were decent. Not all of the matches were golden but it is a heck of a fun show to sit through during one of WWE's most entertaining years. Cool stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they remove both the Hbk/Hart documentary and purchase of wcw episode of raw already? Can't seem to find them anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They just haven't added the 2001 episode of RAW to the on-demand yet it seems, not sure why, but it can be watched if you click on it through the scheduele. The Shawn/Bret doc is still there for me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah could see it on the schedule under "best of raw" til a couple days ago but it ain't showing no more. Not a major gripe at this time but it could be in the future if I keep loosing stuff. But despite that, the network rocks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The novelty of having every single WWE PPV in history, with it being called WWF and no highly irritating censorship, is magnificent. I remember as a lad getting the videotapes from Woolworths and the inside would have the covers of all the other VHS's available at the time. I never, ever saw events like Wrestlemania 2 or Royal Rumble '89 in Woolworths. Of course, Tagged Classics has come and gone but just doesn't compare to the high quality on this thing. It's a wardrobe full of videos in one app on the PS3. Technology is amazing. I'm glad they didn't add all the Raw's and Smackdown's on launch, it's already difficult to choose exactly what to watch when there's so much to choose from, imagine if Raw from 97-01 were on there! I've focused on watching Wrestlemania's until Wrestlemania 30, I'd watched 3, 4, 5 and 6 quite recently (in shitter quality mind!) so am starting on 7 on the Network. Never seen Savage/Warrior without the CV edits, looking forward to that one.

Watched the last NXT episode, as well as Zayn/Cesaro, last night. Outrageous match that. Cesaro might have the best offence in Fed history, everything he does looks incredible. Zayn was excellent too, probably helped his selling tremendously being under that ugly hood as El Generico for so long, the sequence where he kept getting up was amazing. ROAR UPPERCUT into the Neutralizer was a sublime finish. Loved the counter into the stretch muffler as well, and of course the counter to the through-the-ropes DDT. Right up there for MOTY. The last NXT (first full one I've seen) was impressive, everything looks good. Corey Graves is a decent midcard heel. Zayn is an excellent talent. I'm in love with Renee Young.

Oh. Adam Rose. Un-fucking-believable. Class bloke.
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; March 9th, 2014 at 5:20 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't get the Adam rose hype.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I don't get the Adam rose hype.
    You shut your god damned mouth.

You're just not ready for the party. Go back with the miserable people.

Me, I'd be here
    Last edited by The Rick; March 9th, 2014 at 6:07 PM.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    You guys should write about your viewing experiences in here. I want to read about the hidden gems, forgotten characters and those matches that weren't as good as you remembered.
    alright here you go:

last night i was watching some ecw hardcore tv. #47. this is right when sandman started becoming his main character.

they have a few minute video package of "peaches" trying to be 'sexy'. it was one of the most laughable things i have seen on there. she also kinda looks like a dude.

don't know when they become EXTREME, but i imagine it is soon after this.

love these shows, some of the promos are hilarious. i think the show before that one they had a promo with THE PITBULL and Jason (the sexiest man in the world) that was very funny to me. don't know what heyman saw in that Jason guy, he is all over these shows and he is pretty bad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    I watched Summerslam 2000 the other day. In my mind that and WM17 are the THE quintessential WWE PPVs, not so much for quality (not that either of them aren't good) but because of how important they felt. I remember the days after both I felt like I had missed the biggest events of all time. Anyway, it's a good show. The opening 2 Cool six man was really fun and now I'm interested in finding what the really good 2 Cool + Rikishi six man tags are. Jericho/Benoit was pretty boring and not very good overall honestly. Good watch as a whole show overall.
    I still contend that the triple threat is one of the better Rock/Triple H encounters.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing how fresh they kept Rock vs. Triple H. By my count just now it was their 12th interaction in a PPV match in 3 and a half years, with 3 long feuds. They seemed to feud all Summer in 98, 99 and 2000. Yet that triple threat is announced, with the dynamic of Angle sleazing around Stephanie, made it a must watch. Compare that to Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio - perfectly reasonable matches in their feud, but I never, ever want to see it again because it seemed to be done to death. Same with Cena vs. Show. Some guys just have chemistry I guess, or maybe it's because each match and feud was built around different premises and felt like individual stories rather than an extended narrative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Triple H/Stephanie/Angle storyline is still one of my favorite things the company has ever done. I only wish they had ended it better but it seemed like they had to rush through it since Austin came back. Shame.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched a few random matches tonight:

Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle - No Way Out 2006
    Edge/Mysterio vs. Benoit/Angle - No Mercy 2002
    RVD vs. Austin vs. Angle - No Mercy 2001
    Benoit vs. HHH vs. Michaels - Backlash 2004

Andy
    The difference between now and then is that they would never face much, if at all, on TV. Sheamus/Christian for example could be a decent enough feud but I already wanted to kill myself when I read they're due to fight again on Raw because they've been going at it every Monday and Friday for what seems like eight years already.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Last night I was at my friends house and wanted to try the network out since that's where I plan to stream Wrestlemania 30 (as if it's going to work.)

We watched TLC 1 & 2, Jerishow vs DX at TLC 2009 and then one of my friends wanted to watch women wrestle so we watched the infamous Mickie vs Trish match and I showed them the hand lick on youtube afterwards.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    ECW Anarchy Rulz 99:

- THE JACKYL! Holy shit, never realized he was in ECW.
    - Dawn Marie was fucking hot. Her nipples are ripping through that dress.
    - "his own personal bitch, Dawn Marie!" LOLOLOLLLL
    - good match between Lynn and Storm. I forget how excessively soft Lance Storm worked. He hits Lynn with a chop so soft the crowd literally goes "WOO--" and just gives up.
    - I don't even know how to explain what's next. Simon diamond challenges someone to be his partner. Then he beats down jazz. Then a couple of jabronis come out and beat up jazz. Then NOVA and Chris Chetti come out and Jesus Christ who wrote this shit. Literally every shit person in ECW comes out. New Jack beats them up as NOT natural born killaz plays.
    - Tajiri/Super Crazy/Little Guido. What a match. All 3 guys killed it and the match really holds up well, even 15 years later. Perfect showing of 90s cruiserweight style.
    - JESUS CHRIST YOUNG STEVE CORINO WOW FUCK.
    - LOL Billy Corgan is there.
    - haha Justin credible has a restraining order filed on Sabu so they can't wrestle. They don't honor it because ANARCHY RULZ LOL. Typical ECW match follows.
    - Tanaka/Awesome/Taz quickly turns into just Tanaka/Awesome as Taz gets eliminated quickly. These two beat the hell outta each other. Fun mix of Tanaka's Japan hardcore and Awesome's American hardcore style.
    - BYE TAZ!
    - Jesus Christ, Rhino/dreamer were having an absolutely shit match before raven ran in. Well, sort of ran in. Dude tripped up in the ropes bad. Full lol. Crowd didn't care after what they'd just seen.
    - Jesus fucking Christ there are a lot of fat people on this card
    - RVD vs balls Mahoney is the main event why the actual fuck
    - yawn finish to the show

all this overdubbed music kills me. It's funny though. For every good match, there was a god awful one. World title match ruled, main event blew.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    That Triple H/Stephanie/Angle storyline is still one of my favorite things the company has ever done. I only wish they had ended it better but it seemed like they had to rush through it since Austin came back. Shame.
    Agreed, it was really entertaining and seemed to come organically out of their chemistry with one another. I was anticipating a proper blow-off that sadly never seemed to come. Angle almost Forest Gumping his way into stealing Steph could have been another lame soap opera angle but everyone involved really played their part well and it was both fun and fresh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone else paying with PayPal? Did you get billed 9.99 twice for this first month? I've got a payment dated the 24th still 'pending' but it was taken out of my balance, and a payment for the 3rd that actually completed.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll keep my eyes open for that. I shouldn't get billed until tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. My guess is WWE put 10 bucks on hold during the trial then ignored it and just billed me normally, but the trial funds stuck in limbo apparently. I emailed Paypal so hopefully will get it sorted soon.

EDIT: God, I emailed Paypal and a wee while later they emailed me back an automated response with completely irrelevant FAQs and then buried somewhere in the text it said "by the way, if this doesn't help, reply to this email with as much detail as possible or we'll assume you're good". I already emailed you because I'm not good! I already gave you all the details! Are you hoping I'll go away?
    Last edited by The_Mike; March 9th, 2014 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone else paying with PayPal? Did you get billed 9.99 twice for this first month? I've got a payment dated the 24th still 'pending' but it was taken out of my balance, and a payment for the 3rd that actually completed.
    The same thing pretty much happened to me. I had $9.99 taken out of my account for the trial and had my WWE Network account suspended due to a billing error on either WWE or PayPal's part (still not entirely sure who) then had to pay another $9.99 to have it reinstated. The second payment went through but the first one is still in PayPal Pending Limbo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they have any old territory stuff on there?

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: God, I emailed Paypal and a wee while later they emailed me back an automated response with completely irrelevant FAQs and then buried somewhere in the text it said "by the way, if this doesn't help, reply to this email with as much detail as possible or we'll assume you're good". I already emailed you because I'm not good! I already gave you all the details! Are you hoping I'll go away?
    Ha, I had some post go missing with Royal Mail, and after I sent the first form in they replied with "If we don't receive a response within 10 days, we'll assume that the matter has been resolved." I sent them a response, got nothing for two weeks and then wrote to them again, dropping in "I don't know what to assume."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, it was really entertaining and seemed to come organically out of their chemistry with one another. I was anticipating a proper blow-off that sadly never seemed to come. Angle almost Forest Gumping his way into stealing Steph could have been another lame soap opera angle but everyone involved really played their part well and it was both fun and fresh.
    The talk at the time was that HHH campaigned to have the storyline changed so it just fizzled out. He didn't want his character to look like a total loser who had his woman stolen from him by Angle. Yes, yes, I know it's not real but HHH often seems to think it is.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Triple H sucks. Can't stand the fucking guy.

I'm finding it hard to watch the ECW and WCW PPVs because I never saw those companies regularly so I do not know storylines or lead ups to matches.

And the old PPVs, with the poor production quality, tough to watch. One ECW PPV I couldn't even hear what the guy on the mic was saying.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh and JR and Ventura is probably the worst broadcasting team in history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's probably mainly Ventura's fault. He was simply in WCW for the money and JR has often mentioned that Jesse did pretty much no preparation whatsoever for any broadcast.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that was when they'd find Jesse passed out in a hallway from being drunk or he'd come to work looking like he hadn't showered in a year. You could tell he was just completely done with wrestling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rogerer View Post
    Ha, I had some post go missing with Royal Mail, and after I sent the first form in they replied with "If we don't receive a response within 10 days, we'll assume that the matter has been resolved." I sent them a response, got nothing for two weeks and then wrote to them again, dropping in "I don't know what to assume."
    That happened to me with the mail as well, once. Fortunately the thing turned up eventually, with the envelope obviously torn to shreds and sellotaped back together.

PayPal got back to me this morning, and my support person's name is Vince, funnily enough. His advice is to tell WWE to cancel the first 9.99 payment. darkhorse, you might want to give contacting WWE a try as well.

The talk at the time was that HHH campaigned to have the storyline changed so it just fizzled out. He didn't want his character to look like a total loser who had his woman stolen from him by Angle. Yes, yes, I know it's not real but HHH often seems to think it is.
    I remember that being the rumour at the time but I was never sure how seriously to take it. I don't like Trips much at all but that seems petty even by his standards. Seems odd he'd be that guy then not give a crap about things like Steph making out with Rikishi and getting spanked by Cena. Maybe Kurt and Stephanie were actually getting along too well, they did seem to gel very well together.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Love Triangle story actually got a small level of mainstream attention. I didn't like how it ended at all, with Angle basically getting squashed by Triple H on an episode of Raw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could have really made something of that nowadays, with social media and most people getting the idea of shippers in fandom. They need a fancy name for the two pairings. Treph? Stangle?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sturt McMangle.

Trephanie Haichman.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember that being the rumour at the time but I was never sure how seriously to take it. I don't like Trips much at all but that seems petty even by his standards. Seems odd he'd be that guy then not give a crap about things like Steph making out with Rikishi and getting spanked by Cena. Maybe Kurt and Stephanie were actually getting along too well, they did seem to gel very well together.
    The difference here was that Angle taking Stephanie from him would make him look a bit of a chump and not worthy of the "cerebral assassin" nickname as he would have been outsmarted.

I'm not saying it is definitely true but it does seem the type of thing H would do based on stories we have heard.

Then again, this was around the time Stephanie joined the writing team and things began to fall apart. (Her predecessor, the late Chris Kreski, made longer term plans using storyboards.)

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they'd ever planned to have Stephanie and Kurt end up together. I think they stumbled into something there because the three of them had such good chemistry and went with it for a while. Then with Austin coming back and Angle poised to have a run against The Rock for the title they aborted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to HHH, it's hard not to just brush off the rumours - but I do accept that maybe they just decided to finish the storyline and move both of them on to other things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On their corporate site, WWE has revealed their subscriber and revenue goals for the Network. These are their rough estimates for the US:

* 1 million subscribers - $115,000,000 - break-even
    * 2 million subscribers - $225,000,000 - $50,000,000
    * 3 million subscribers - $350,000,000 - $150,000,000

And these are their rough estimates internationally:

* 250,000 subscribers - $25,000,000 - break-even
    * 750,000 subscribers - $75,000,000 - $70,000,000
    * 1,500,000 subscribers - $140,000,000 - $85,000,000

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On their corporate site, WWE has revealed their subscriber and revenue goals for the Network. These are their rough estimates for the US:

* 1 million subscribers - $115,000,000 - break-even
    * 2 million subscribers - $225,000,000 - $50,000,000
    * 3 million subscribers - $350,000,000 - $150,000,000

And these are their rough estimates internationally:

* 250,000 subscribers - $25,000,000 - break-even
    * 750,000 subscribers - $75,000,000 - $70,000,000
    * 1,500,000 subscribers - $140,000,000 - $85,000,000
    Its do-able -especially when it goes worldwide but it is still gonna be tough figures to get imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if they can hover around 2 million worldwide, that's pretty reasonable and will keep the cash rolling in. An increase in TV rights fees would be a big help, too, especially in the first year or so of the Network.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    ECW Guilty as Charge 1999

- fbi vs doring/roadkill vs chair swinging freaks...what a mess. jesus christ, look at these fucks.
    - ahahaha terry funk just sitting in a chair telling a story about his dad killing a donkey. brilliant.
    - JESUS CHRIST YOUNG TAJIRI VS NOT-SO-FAT SUPER CRAZY!! Awesome, awesome match between these two. Debut match for them both.
    - Ahaha Sid shows up in jeans and just murders john kronus in about a minute. Crowd is going apeshit for sid.
    - Van dam/lance storm have a good match. Crazy seeing rvd win with a german suplex.
    - credible/dreamer is about what youd expect out of those two.
    - Taz and Shane Douglas basically just brawl forever. Never cared for Douglas anyway.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    GaC 99 is amazing. Too bad the New Jack match is missing.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Network is great. Still find it hard to believe the amount of stuff I have on demand, ready to watch whenever. Bit infuriating the Xbox doesn't have as many PPVs as other devices but enjoying it nevertheless. No search function is a bit of a pain too but I suppose it's pretty simple to navigate. Great value for £6 something a month plus another £2/£3 for the unblock-us.com. I'd happily pay another £1.50 too if the price were to rise but that won't be for a while.

Will be trying out streaming properly live content for the first time tonight for the Raw pre show. I understand the NXT PPV - which was awesome - was fairly dodgy but Main Event was much improved. Doesn't take a genius to work out which would have had the most views though.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the best Sid moments happened in ECW. Pretty much everything other than that lame 2-1 match he had with the Impact Players was awesome. Come out, chokeslam or powerbomb a couple guys through tables, leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Some of the best Sid moments happened in ECW. Pretty much everything other than that lame 2-1 match he had with the Impact Players was awesome. Come out, chokeslam or powerbomb a couple guys through tables, leave.
    Bit like 911. His actual matches were poorly received but all he had to do in the end was chokeslam crooked referees and dastardly heels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackDFC View Post
    The Network is great. Still find it hard to believe the amount of stuff I have on demand, ready to watch whenever. Bit infuriating the Xbox doesn't have as many PPVs as other devices but enjoying it nevertheless. No search function is a bit of a pain too but I suppose it's pretty simple to navigate. Great value for £6 something a month plus another £2/£3 for the unblock-us.com. I'd happily pay another £1.50 too if the price were to rise but that won't be for a while.

Will be trying out streaming properly live content for the first time tonight for the Raw pre show. I understand the NXT PPV - which was awesome - was fairly dodgy but Main Event was much improved. Doesn't take a genius to work out which would have had the most views though.
    For Arrival it seemed like most people only lost the feed for a couple of minutes during one match and otherwise it was basically fine. I've never had a problem with the Backstage Pass stuff, which I watched both weeks of so far.

I like the network having its own schedule of programming, you never know what random gem you might stumble across. I just switched on the very beginning of Punk vs Mysterio at Mania 26: not the best match but a fun ten minutes that brought back memories of the Straight Edge Society.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watching the Raw where Shane purchases WCW. So good. I bloody love the Network.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The last Nitro ain't bad either. I'll be happy when they add it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PayPal got back to me this morning, and my support person's name is Vince, funnily enough. His advice is to tell WWE to cancel the first 9.99 payment. darkhorse, you might want to give contacting WWE a try as well.
    I called WWE Network support and the guy I spoke to was no help; however, I then called PayPal, and after getting through to a supervisor, the funds from the first transaction are back in my account.

Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    The last Nitro ain't bad either. I'll be happy when they add it.
    It was a great show. That last match between Sting and Flair was fantastic.
    Last edited by darkhorse; March 10th, 2014 at 9:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    I called WWE Network support and the guy I spoke to was no help; however, I then called PayPal, and after getting through to a supervisor, the funds from the first transaction are back in my account.
    I sent WWE a Contact Us form this morning and got no response (not even an automated one) so tonight I sent them a direct email to support. They sent me an automated response back with a link 'for more details'... which is the Contact Us form. FFS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WWE Network support team as a whole has to be clueless. My account was suspended (and subsequently cancelled) thanks to the botched trial transaction and while I was on the phone with them trying to get the *botched PayPal transaction* cancelled so I could start a new transaction and get my account reinstated, the guy kept saying "so you want me to cancel your account" even after repeated explanations that it was ALREADY cancelled.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent WWE a Contact Us form this morning and got no response (not even an automated one) so tonight I sent them a direct email to support. They sent me an automated response back with a link 'for more details'... which is the Contact Us form. FFS.
    I got charged twice I just called the customer service number and selected to speak the the billing dept. They saw the double charge and refunded me my $

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I'm going to be calling them and hoping I get someone not dumb then.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ECW Guilty as Charge 1999

- JESUS CHRIST YOUNG TAJIRI VS NOT-SO-FAT SUPER CRAZY!! Awesome, awesome match between these two. Debut match for them both.
    That match is really good. Their match from Living Dangerously 1999 is good too.
    Last edited by blackening; March 10th, 2014 at 10:03 PM.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do we know when they will put more past Raws/Smackdowns on the network?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hoping they add more RAW, SD and Nitro shows to the network soon. There are thousands of shows to add so they need to speed it up eventually. I'd love to see them add a couple of shows from each year per week or something like that. Really enjoyed watching the past shows so far, really entertaining stuff. Surely they will add Nitro eventually, but no sign of it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do they need to speed up adding content to the Network? They want it to last for years not months.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kinda shitty that the only ppvs i can view on my xbox are the wwe ones. boooooooooooooo

i will just watch them on the monitor instead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Have they said why Xbox only has the WWE shows? That's weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just guessing here but that might be due to the problems with the Network on Xbox within the first week. Maybe they've just taken the time to ensure it's working fine before updating the content. But that's just an assumption.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still can't get the network to play anything on any of my PC's

Work, Home & Laptop. I use Chrome for both. I'm get the lil clip of the Rating for the program and then nothing.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea. dont work in chrome for me either. works on firefox

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Works fine on Firefox and through the wwe app on my phone.

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Chrome on both of my laptops and it has worked fine for me. Have not seen anything about any settings/issues.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any of you chaps know DNS settings I can use to get it to work on my PS3 in the UK? I've tried some I found online but none seem to work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    yea. dont work in chrome for me either. works on firefox
    Thanks Dude!

Once more unto the breach Pipkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange. On my laptop the Network works perfectly on Chrome, but I get redirected to the "Get the App" page on Firefox.