User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gotham City coming to Fox.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Ive liked this season better than the first thus far but interested to see if they can keep it going. Is it 25 episodes like the first?

I thought that was too long and pretty much got stangnant.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the first felt stagnant because it was up and down, the consistency of good episodes for this season is pretty damn good, hasn't even felt like we're halfway through the season. Plus with the first season they only shot like what, 8 episodes at first so they had to really scramble when Fox ordered 16-17 more. A lot of episodes dragged but I wasn't negative about it as I feel this is probably my favorite show on t.v. next to Walking Dead.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's got down on IMDb as 22 episodes again for this season.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    It's got down on IMDb as 22 episodes again for this season.
    Awesome. The pace for this season is on point, I haven't felt bored watching anything as every episode seems to start unraveling something that will make you want to tune in the following week to see how it plays out. The fucked up part is that you know a lot of the key characters will not die anytime soon. Bruce, Alfred, Cat, Riddler, Penguin, Gordon, Barbara, Dent, I'm sure there are quite a few more. So there are parts where you like, oh shit how is he going to get out of this? Even knowing they're not going to perish, it still has me on the edge.

Jerome threw me off. I'm actually kind of disappointed they haven't really gone back to his influence on Gotham where at the end of that episode you saw all sorts of random acts of violence and people being inspired, maybe more of that will come down the road to really introduce the actual Joker since Jerome is apparently just the inspiration to the madness.

I'd also like them to dabble back to Arkham Asylum in the future.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They've cast the guy who played Spacey's head bodyguard on House of Card's as a Victor Freeze, and part of me hopes that's why they have all the ice on the graphic in the tv spots, but it's probably just because it's almost winter...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is this the year of lackluster midseason finales? This whole episode was terribly paced. Hopefully we get Hugo Strange causing trouble the rest of the series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite liked it
    Yeah it has it's flaws as it always has done but overall it was a very enjoyable end to a very enjoyable half season. They could've cut more time off the Bruce/Silver stuff to give more time to Gordon v Gallovan, but that's just a minor thing for me. They built up all season to Jim going over the line, and whether he will have to bring about permanent justice. Now he's made that step it will be very interesting to see how he'll cope going forward especially with Thompkins.

I loved the start of that scene with Gordon, Penguin, Cat etc shaping up against the Monks, that looked epic.

I also loved Bruce's favourite animal being an Owl, great Easter egg there.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    You had Penguin, Catwoman, Alfred, Bullock and Gordon rescuing Bruce Wayne from the Order of St. Duma. That is just epic. Add in the Freeze cameo and you got the best episode so far.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Them walking up to Galavan's building was a cool shot. The head monk super jumping seemed a little weird, as did Lucious Fox's involvement in the episode. It looked like he was in the secret room/batcave for months, and finally got out. Seemed a little farcical to me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm digging this Mr. Freeze storyline so far although I haven't watched the newest episode. I dig Penguin being in Arkham, BD Wong as Hugo Strange is a big plus for me. I like the guy playing Mr. Freeze.

What I did notice is the pharmacist is Danny Hoch from White Boys, and Dash Mihok also had a role on Gotham, now all we need is Mark Weber and we got the triple threat from the movie White Boys all making an appearance in some way on Gotham.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I hated the end to the Freeze storyline. Strange is such a weird villain to have. As this season goes on the less I like Gordon. They are trying to give Gordon, a Batman Dark Side that just does not exist. I am ok with them doing with it on Bruce, because he is going to be Batman. Gordon turning into a villain is a non-starter. The clones at the end was rough. Every time, a show runs out of ideas, they bring in a clone/twin.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Riddler stuff is getting really cool. Probably my favorite Batman villain. The last 2 episodes, holy shit they were intense.

LOVE Paul Ruebens as Penguin's father. Sad that it lasted only 2 episodes but I have a feeling his death will bring Penguin's dark side back, especially if he finds out who was responsible.

The prison stuff was cool, I was really curious how everything was going to play out and was a little shocked it actually lasted 2 episodes as opposed to riding it out a little longer. Everything just seemed thrown together pretty quick but it was still good.

Bruce's story is very interesting as we're seeing the early stages of what he will become and I dig it the most.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally caught up on Gotham. Loved this season. The finale was definitely strange, no pun intended. I'm very curious as to what was up with long haired young Bruce Wayne coming out of that bus.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah bit of a let down the final I thought, but still overall season 2 was very good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read they re-cast Poison Ivy for season 3. She's now going to be like 19 and hot as fuck. According to a couple sites I read this on the explanation as to why she's suddenly a grown woman will have something to do with one of the "monsters" from Indian Hills that gets free.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds cool.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The girlfriend and I are plowing through Season 1 right now.

Reading much of what you said but avoiding things in spoiler tags.

One thing I will say about season 1 is I do not mind the villain of the week approach. I think it makes specific episodes re watchable in the future. You wont have to be fully into the story line to enjoy the show much like a comic book.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    In on the first two episodes of the new season and it's not too bad. Big cheese out moment at the end of episode 2.

Anyone else watching?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm watching it man.

It's pretty good now. I'm liking Bruce's evolution and it's found it's place as this over the top cartoon based show. I'm very quickly getting bored of super-hero content but this show is so different to any of the other stuff. I mean it's not the best show but still very enjoyable.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The putting together of those two Rogues last week was a lot of fun. I also hope this is not the end of the Ras Al Ghul storyline.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't mind this show at all. I know some people who don't care much for it but I enjoy it. Haven't started new season yet, I usually bank up 3 or 4 shows then watch them together.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; October 27th, 2017 at 8:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Well they are 5 episodes deep and it has been very enjoyable so far. They are actually moving pretty fast.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice I got them banked in my DVR I might have to dive in and see what's going on.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Are they on Hulu now? I have the season finale of 3 to watch then I will start attacking 4.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They are on hulu but the first episode is already gone. I got the episodes in my DVR so I could still watch the first episode. I enjoy the hulu or netflix option of just going right into the next episode. I wish they wouldn't take episodes off. At least wait until the new season starts. Makes sense to leave the current season in full.

Anyways, just binged the first 4 episodes and am starting episode 5. Good season so far.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Anyone watch the last season? I thought it was great. The ending was awesome imo. Gonna miss this show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Anyone watch the last season? I thought it was great. The ending was awesome imo. Gonna miss this show.
    I agree. And that last episode, that was fantastic.

It's too bad they cancelled the show but I get it. Ratings weren't stellar, but Fox is also notorious for cancelling awesome shows.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First episode of Season 5 airs in the UK Sunday May 12th but I'll just wait til we get them all on Netflix later in the year and binge watch them all at once.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    First episode of Season 5 airs in the UK Sunday May 12th but I'll just wait til we get them all on Netflix later in the year and binge watch them all at once.
    I was very pleased with Season 5.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I agree. And that last episode, that was fantastic.

It's too bad they cancelled the show but I get it. Ratings weren't stellar, but Fox is also notorious for cancelling awesome shows.
    Fox is notorious for throwing shows to different days to really help them out.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I thought it was their best season. It also sucked they got cancelled when the last episode showed they can do a proper Batman show.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Loved the last season. Really sucks we can't get one more season or like a TV movie. I still feel like there was plenty of stories to be told.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to wait for Netflix but the ad looks awesone. Last season starts tonight in the UK and will watch the weekly episodes. Can't wait!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a start that was, I can't wait for next week! I'll spoiler tag the next bit just in case other UK viewers haven't seen it yet:

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll spoiler first paragraph just in case as contains finale spoilers after just catching up with ot.

Great show overall though, Penguin was my MVP here. Fucking badass especially after the ep where he and Butch exploded Theo. Great portrayal and you actually feel bad for him as he's been done wrong more than a few times and anger undersyandable.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I'll spoiler first paragraph just in case as contains finale spoilers after just catching up with ot.

Great show overall though, Penguin was my MVP here. Fucking badass especially after the ep where he and Butch exploded Theo. Great portrayal and you actually feel bad for him as he's been done wrong more than a few times and anger undersyandable.
    I have a feeling that Fox cancelling Gotham wasn't something that the people involved in the show were planning on happening as soon as it did. The show had good ratings, but Fox is fucking weird. I'm shocked Gotham lasted as long as they did.