User Tag List

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,600 of 3924

Thread: Ca$h Fantasy Football League (Pros Only)

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I guess let me know what you're not sure about and I can try to help.
    You go to add a player at noon, is that player a free agent?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    You go to add a player at noon, is that player a free agent?
    John Smith and Sam Bell are both on waivers on Wednesday. You decided to put a claim Smith, and you dropped Frank Weston if the claim was successful...which it was. Weston goes to waivers, available to be claimed on Thursday, and Bell stays on waivers because nobody claimed him. Both would be available to be claimed on Thursday.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Smith and Sam Bell are both on waivers on Wednesday. You decided to put a claim Smith, and you dropped Frank Weston if the claim was successful...which it was. Weston goes to waivers, available to be claimed on Thursday, and Bell stays on waivers because nobody claimed him. Both would be available to be claimed on Thursday.
    I feel like you didn’t answer my question. My quarterback gets hit by a car Sunday morning. I need to pick up a new player for my Sunday lineup. Am I able to do so?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like you didn’t answer my question. My quarterback gets hit by a car Sunday morning. I need to pick up a new player for my Sunday lineup. Am I able to do so?
    Well you didn't mention Sunday lol. You're able to do so until kickoff. They usually lock during that scenario, right?

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    As long as the person you want to pick up wasn't dropped on Saturday. I think that's the real question you're asking. And also I think that's the right interpretation of it.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I'm being thick but when it says "players remain on waivers continuously and thus are always subject to bidding" that's where I don't understand how you are ever able to pick up a player immediately for an emergency acquisition. Wouldn't you always have to submit a bid and wait overnight for the next 11AM waiver process?

They're always on waivers... so you can't just pick someone up 5 minutes before the 1PM game start. it's not first come first serve, it's wait until the next auction. and if you need to pick someone up for your lineup at the last minute, you can't because the next auction doesn't happen until tomorrow at 11AM.

that is my interpretation of the Free Agent Auction (Continuous) setting, but let me know what I'm missing.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I missed that image. Yeah I think that does seem to be the case that a day of injury screws you. What does it say for free agent auction (not continuous)

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    As long as the person you want to pick up wasn't dropped on Saturday. I think that's the real question you're asking. And also I think that's the right interpretation of it.
    what you're describing here is the regular waiver system. as long as they weren't dropped on saturday they are available for immediate pickup. that's how it normally works.

what these guys are suggesting is a system where every available player is on waivers everyday.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I admit to not knowing. I've never been a deep fantasy guy and only had the most simple waiver systems before so don't know the pros and cons.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I'm being thick but when it says "players remain on waivers continuously and thus are always subject to bidding" that's where I don't understand how you are ever able to pick up a player immediately for an emergency acquisition. Wouldn't you always have to submit a bid and wait overnight for the next 11AM waiver process?

They're always on waivers... so you can't just pick someone up 5 minutes before the 1PM game start. it's not first come first serve, it's wait until the next auction. and if you need to pick someone up for your lineup at the last minute, you can't because the next auction doesn't happen until tomorrow at 11AM.

that is my interpretation of the Free Agent Auction (Continuous) setting, but let me know what I'm missing.
    I guess you could make it where they're all in the free agency pool on Sunday morning.

The problem I'm trying to avoid doesn't mess with me because I'm on my phone often but a lot probably won't be. If I'm trying to help people who don't need it, we can get rid of it lol. I just know it's eventually going to be a gripe of someone lol. The current setup doesn't reward strategic maneuvering. It just rewards people who are always monitoring.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; August 6th, 2020 at 1:15 PM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you could make it where they're all in the free agency pool on Sunday morning.
    That would make sense but I don't think ESPN lets you customize the rules that intricately.

I understand your proposal but would you still be in favor of it if it means no pick ups on Sundays other than at the scheduled auction time (which we could set whenever we want... 11AM, noon... whenever.. but whatever time we pick it would be stringent). I believe that's the downstream implication of constant waivers.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would make sense but I don't think ESPN lets you customize the rules that intricately.

I understand your proposal but would you still be in favor of it if it means no pick ups on Sundays other than at the scheduled auction time (which we could set whenever we want... 11AM, noon... whenever.. but whatever time we pick it would be stringent). I believe that's the downstream implication of constant waivers.
    In relation to the situational matter, I guess I misunderstood the image of you what you showed for the settings. I thought the checkmarks meant you dictated when waivers would be utilized or not. So if that's the case, you could dictate that Sunday is essentially a free for all.

If you are actually asking and it was rhetorical, I would imagine we agreed on a bench situation that still doesn't leave me in a lurch because I would plan accordingly as best as possible so I would be okay with it. Obviously can't speak for everyone else.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In relation to the situational matter, I guess I misunderstood the image of you what you showed for the settings. I thought the checkmarks meant you dictated when waivers would be utilized or not. So if that's the case, you could dictate that Sunday is essentially a free for all.

If you are actually asking and it was rhetorical, I would imagine we agreed on a bench situation that still doesn't leave me in a lurch because I would plan accordingly as best as possible so I would be okay with it. Obviously can't speak for everyone else.
    I'm not 100% positive but going off of that screen shot, I don't believe the daily check boxes mean what you think they mean. I think the reason why ESPN defaults you to Tuesday being the only day unchecked is not so players are free agents on Tuesdays, it's to preserve the normal schedule that everyone has all day Tuesday to get their waiver claims in and then they go through on Wednesday. Tuesday is a "no auction" day if you stick with the default checkboxes.

Therefore if you unchecked Sunday, it wouldn't mean that players become free agents on Sundays as you are suggesting, it would just mean that there is no auction on Sunday so you couldn't pick up anyone.

Again refer to note they include to describe continuous waivers: "players remain on waivers continuously and thus are always subject to bidding".

I could be wrong but that's what seems to be the case with this option.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pabs asked earlier what the description says for the non-continuous option. Below are the 2 descriptions.

FREE AGENT AUCTION BIDDING
    Teams will have a specific budget with which they can bid to make player acquisitions and all bids are processed after the league's specified waiver period. If a team would like to add a player, that team will secretly bid an amount they are willing to pay. On the waiver process day, the team with the highest bid will be awarded the player, and the bid will be subtracted from that teams budget. Players who are not claimed during bid processing become free agents available for first come, first serve style pick ups.

FREE AGENT AUCTION BIDDING (CONTINUOUS)
    Teams will have a specific budget with which they can bid to make player acquisitions and all acquisitions will be done in batches one or more times each week (as specified in the settings). If a team would like to add a player, that team will bid an amount they are willing to pay. On the next waiver process day, the team with the highest bid will be awarded the player, and the bid will be subtracted from that team's budget. Players remain on waivers continuously and thus are always subject to bidding.

-----

You be the judge, but I believe this would mean no at-will drop/adds even on Sundays. You could only pick up players at the daily auction time. And therefore I don't think this would work for us.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fine with rolling the dice on Sundays but I'm sure I'm way in the minority there. I guess we won't have it then. That's fine, and I won't feel bad for anyone who complains to those who are quicker to the trigger

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can still put it to a vote. I don't mean to close the door entirely but my instinct is that the downside outweighs the benefit. I want to make sure everyone knows what it means if we go to continuous waivers. I am like you - I'm a constant roster tweaker and planner so I wouldn't be someone who would generally be caught with my pants down on Sunday, but there are players here who don't put in waivers during the week and do rely on last minute adds. I am foreseeing teams with empty roster spots if we don't allow free agent pick ups, and then their opponent will get an "easy win", and people will get upset.

You're right that there will be a mad dash to pick up free agents when a key player goes on Covid-IR. Maybe the 7th bench spot (which I am now leaning YES on) means that we will have more room to stash handcuffs on our rosters, so those backups will be mostly rostered before the key player goes down. Who knows. It will be an interesting year.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can still put it to a vote. I don't mean to close the door entirely but my instinct is that the downside outweighs the benefit. I want to make sure everyone knows what it means if we go to continuous waivers. I am like you - I'm a constant roster tweaker and planner so I wouldn't be someone who would generally be caught with my pants down on Sunday, but there are players here who don't put in waivers during the week and do rely on last minute adds. I am foreseeing teams with empty roster spots if we don't allow free agent pick ups, and then their opponent will get an "easy win", and people will get upset.

You're right that there will be a mad dash to pick up free agents when a key player goes on Covid-IR. Maybe the 7th bench spot (which I am now leaning YES on) means that we will have more room to stash handcuffs on our rosters, so those backups will be mostly rostered before the key player goes down. Who knows. It will be an interesting year.
    Glad to see you've started to the lean the other way on the bench spot. I just think it's necessary this season.

Now only if super flex could be chipped away at...lol.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Chris Scott @Alex @BGMaverick @Matthew @Honey_Badger @Morrison @Beefy @MMH @Caito @Torn @Pablo Diablo @Fro

Here is a summary of the proposed Covid plan for this league:

-Roster size increase: 7 bench spots instead of 6, 3 IR spots instead of 1.

-Our fantasy season becomes official after 8 weeks played. If the NFL season is cancelled with 7 or fewer weeks played, everyone gets their money back and no prizes are awarded. Once 8 weeks are completed, no refunds will be issued.

-If the NFL season is cancelled after 8 weeks but prior to the completion of our fantasy season, the backup award system will be: $300 for 1st, $200 for 2nd, $100 for 3rd based on our final standings when the NFL season is cancelled.

Additional changes proposed by BGMaverick which have not been seconded by the commissioner:

-Changing starting lineup to 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, and 3 flexes

-Continuous waiver claims (no free drop/adds, you can only pick up players at the daily auction time)

-----

Now is your chance to provide input into these decisions. Buy-ins will begin to be collected on August 20. Additionally please note our draft is scheduled for Mon, Sep 7 at 6:00 PM US Eastern Time (EDT). This is Labor Day in the U.S.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where’s my Kicker?

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I'm against the 3 flexes. The continuous waiver claims...I think I just don't truly know the pros and cons well enough but I think I'm actually for it because I think it would require more planning ahead. If you know a player is questionable you need to have someone on your bench earlier in the week or gamble closer to Saturday and can't just wait and see. With the bench spots we have I think it could be good.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Only thing I'm worried about is running out of money as there would be no fully free pick ups.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year we changed it to allow $0 bids so it can be free.

The three flex thing is terrible let's not do that

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Only thing I'm worried about is running out of money as there would be no fully free pick ups.
    You can submit a bid for 0 dollars.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kicker please drop a flex

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem I'm trying to avoid doesn't mess with me because I'm on my phone often but a lot probably won't be. If I'm trying to help people who don't need it, we can get rid of it lol. I just know it's eventually going to be a gripe of someone lol. The current setup doesn't reward strategic maneuvering. It just rewards people who are always monitoring.
    Half the league is asleep when the other half is awake, so you are right in considering that as an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Kicker please drop a flex
    I'll kick you in a minute

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    You can submit a bid for 0 dollars.
    Right, right. Then no complaint from me. I am in favour of it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    Half the league is asleep when the other half is awake, so you are right in considering that as an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll kick you in a minute
    Mate those FG points are vital. Will help me finish above you AGAIN

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kickers had their chance and the majority to keep them didn’t speak up at the moment of need.

The three flex idea was something completely not motivated by me to want but merely something I heard as a suggestion lol.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is true, you'll have to start a #KickersArePeopleToo campaign for next year now

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #ForTheBrand

I am appalled that BG is not all over that actually.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kickers had their chance and the majority to keep them didn’t speak up at the moment of need.

The three flex idea was something completely not motivated by me to want but merely something I heard as a suggestion lol.
    Sure few did speak up for kickers, did it go to an official vote?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    #ForTheBrand

I am appalled that BG is not all over that actually.
    I am more about the punters, for obvious reasons. The brand gets my support with views, subs, and purchases of tees.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was only voted upon in this thread, that’s a shame considering there is a WhatsApp thread that the majority of us are active in.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am more about the punters, for obvious reasons. The brand gets my support with views, subs, and purchases of tees.

I do need to buy that shirt.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    I do need to buy that shirt.
    I recommend triblend if you have a preference.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allegedly the 3 flex thing is all the rage this season.

I am a bit of a traditionalist myself though, Kickers are people too.

Doesn't matter either way to me, I will just be pretty good yet win fuck all again.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    waiting to see what @MMH says

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that didn't take long

- - - Updated - - -

except i win stuff

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    that didn't take long

- - - Updated - - -

except i win stuff
    Minus 4 minutes, a new record.

I mean I have won money but I am not bothered about that, I want the PRESTIGE.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i could possibly let you polish one of my titles

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    3 IR seems a lot along with 7 on the bench?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Considering we're seeing outbreaks in a non-bubble scenario with baseball, it only seems prudent to be prepared in scenarios with much more people involved in the league and the contact being much closer. Would rather say we're overprepared versus being restricted during the season because we weren't prepared. Pretty sure this is just being built in for this season based on Covid.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That's 10 slots you're allowing people to use to prepare for it though - that just seems high to me

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's 10 slots you're allowing people to use to prepare for it though - that just seems high to me
    Sure, but that's in a max, worst-case scenario setup. If we are going with the setup from last season into this season with these non-starter numbers, we're talking about just adding one guaranteed selection for everyone because there was six bench players. If the IR spots aren't being used, there's no harm being done. If they are, then the idea to implement the number was wise.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IR spot was relatively unused last year, so it shouldn't make too much of a competitive difference, just allows you to not get totally boned if your team all gets infected at once.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree it's a lot. It may be excessive but I'm okay with being conservative about it given the uncertainty of whether or not there will be outbreaks. If some games end up being cancelled or postponed (like they have been in the MLB) then the fantasy impact will be significant and it would suck to have to drop players to fill your starting roster temporarily. The downside that benches are too deep thus resulting in a weaker free agent pool might be annoying but at least it won't be unfair. The IR spots can be somewhat manipulated but not too badly. Basically the way it works is if you have someone on IR who no longer has eligibility for IR then it prevents you from making roster add/drops.

I'm fine with my proposal (7+3) but would also be comfortable with 7+2. I agree 7+3 seems like a lot, I really only think it would be necessary if full teams go down.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I think only BGM and Pablo have come out in favor of continuous waivers. I still vote no on that. Any other people in favor of it?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I think only BGM and Pablo have come out in favor of continuous waivers. I still vote no on that. Any other people in favor of it?
    You might want to mention it in WhatsApp because people said they didn't look here for votes on kickers...despite a majority voting against them on here lol.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea with kickers I don't have the tally nor the inclination to look through this thread for it but a lot of people were in favor it, like around half the league if not more, so it's a done deal for this year. I'm not sure if I declared it but in my head I switched my own vote to no kickers based on what people were saying. they're pretty random, so I'm on board with removing them. and that probably put us in the majority vote if we weren't already there.

as for waivers, I already posted in whatsapp linking to my sum-up post of proposals so as far as I'm concerned the people have been given the chance to vote. everyone in there should have an active Rajah forum account to post with. but you are welcome to rally your cause and let me know if you get more people on your petition. and I dont mean that in a dick way, it's a reasonable proposal even though I'm voting against it. I'm just not gonna start messaging people about it again.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as for waivers, I already posted in whatsapp linking to my sum-up post of proposals so as far as I'm concerned the people have been given the chance to vote. everyone in there should have an active Rajah forum account to post with. but you are welcome to rally your cause and let me know if you get more people on your petition. and I dont mean that in a dick way, it's a reasonable proposal even though I'm voting against it. I'm just not gonna start messaging people about it again.
    I don't care lol. The negatives for not having it won't bother me. I'm just trying to be a Good Samaritan.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want continuous waivers thank you.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's 3 votes for continuous waivers. At what time of day would you guys propose the waivers process? If we go that route, the time-of-day question would be key for how our Sunday schedules play out. Simple answer would be put it a couple hours before gametime (11AM US eastern) but in this reddit thread one guy said they do it ay 7PM so if you get a key player inactive for the daytime games you can at least pick someone up from SNF. Idk, it still seems overly restrictive to me. Read this short thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFCommish/c...you_do_sunday/

@Chris Scott @Alex @BGMaverick @Matthew @Honey_Badger @Morrison @Beefy @MMH @Caito @Torn @Pablo Diablo @Fro

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 is fine

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12am UK time Sunday night/Monday morning is fine with me

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no preference for waiver times.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I don't understand it enough. I'd like to be able to pick up a player until 1PM Eastern on a Sunday.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one may get weird if the league opts to take over Friday and Saturdays.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't bother me to be honest, if I have to get up at 3 am to pick up a top waiver guy then I will because THAT'S WHAT WINNERS DO.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Doesn't bother me to be honest, if I have to get up at 3 am to pick up a top waiver guy then I will because THAT'S WHAT WINNERS DO.
    on the motion to change to continuous waivers, do you vote YES, NO or abstain?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Official 2020 Ballot. Pick one option from each of the 3 categories. Select abstain if you don't have a preference.

Regular Auction Waivers
    Continuous Auction Waivers
    Abstain

Kickers
    No kickers
    Abstain

7 Bench Spots +3 IR Spots
    7 Bench Spots +2 IR Spots
    Abstain

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current Talley
    Regular Auction Waivers - Fro, MMH, Alex, HB
    Continuous Auction Waivers - BGM, Pablo, Torn, Caito
    Abstain - Chris Scott

Kickers - Beefy, Caito, MMH, Alex, Chris Scott
    No kickers - Pablo, HB, Torn, BG
    Abstain - Fro

7 Bench Spots +3 IR Spots - BG
    7 Bench Spots +2 IR Spots - Fro, Pablo, Torn, MMH, Alex, Caito, HB
    Abstain - Chris Scott
    Last edited by Pablo Diablo; August 15th, 2020 at 6:22 PM.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regular Auction Waivers

Kickers

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continuous auction wavers

YES kickers (are people too)

7 bench and 2 IR spots

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Regular Auction Waivers

Kickers

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like it's safe to assume Matthew is just voting with whatever MMH voted for.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abstain

KICKERS

Abstain

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see you got a vote going Fro

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s a lot of HBs on there in the same categories. Am I missing something about that being on their twice within the same vote?
    Last edited by BGMaverick; August 15th, 2020 at 5:49 PM.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the continuous auction logic but personally I make a lot of signings on Sundays and that looks like it'll be messy or impossible so I'm going to have to vote to stick with the system we've used the last couple of years.

Kickers are people too.

I'd vote 6+3IR spots if it was an option but as it isn't I'll vote 7+2. I think we're risking massively diluting the free agent pool.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I want continuous waivers thank you.
    Abstain

KICKERS

Abstain
    Which one is it for the first one?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually meant to change that as I’m not fused now tbh

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean we are allowed to change our minds aren’t we?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean we are allowed to change our minds aren’t we?
    yes

very split votes on waivers and kickers

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I modified the poll for bench spots. I'm gonna side with Beefy here on keeping the bench at 6 with 3 IR but I'll open it up to a new vote:

6 Bench Spots +3 IR Spots - Beefy, Fro
    7 Bench Spots +2 IR Spots - Torn, BG
    Abstain

Regular Auction Waivers - Fro, MMH, Alex, HB
    Continuous Auction Waivers - BG, Pablo, Torn, Caito
    Abstain - Chris Scott

No kickers - Pablo, HB, Torn, BG
    Abstain - Fro

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I really don't understand the hangup with the IR spots increasing for this year as the premise of the original vote. That's just a case of CYA with a pandemic going on lol. Taking it a step further with new information, this alteration makes even less sense by maintaining the number of bench spots, meaning we're basically playing under the same conditions as last year in terms of the actual playable roster.

I understand people are saying that going from 6 to 7 dilutes the free agent pool. That makes sense, but what if Covid is actually a bitch and takes people out at a rapid rate? That's going to mean more people are going to be of use in the pool, thus canceling out the argument. That assumption about the pool is also presuming everyone is going to nail the draft and the people in the pool after the draft are going to be scrubs that won't amount to much during the season. Those seem like silly presumptions to make. If I'm wrong about all of this then I'm wrong, but I feel it would be wise to be overly proactive in light of a wide array of uncertainty ahead this season rather than being left with a disaster. The presumption was that this potential change was temporary with Covid being a factor this season.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; August 15th, 2020 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    If we do 6 Bench spots and 3 IR then we can't do continuous waivers in my mind.

So my vote goes to 7 bench spots and 2 IR

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regular Auction Waivers

No Kickers

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more IR spots the better this year, I just think though that that counteracts the need for a huge bench.

I wouldn't be opposed to unlimited IR spots.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fro, when are you going to decide draft order? No one is going to screw us over with money.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abstain on the bench spots

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m still at 7 and 2

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay here are the updated tallies. It looks like 7 bench + 2 IR will be the decision. I also moved my vote to NO KICKERS which gives that side 6. Morrison is the only one who hasn't voted on that but even if he is pro-kicker then it gives us a 6 v 6 split. Regarding waivers, keeping it normal is leading 5-4 with @Beefy and @Morrison yet to vote.

Vote count
    7 Bench Spots +2 IR Spots - Torn, BG, Pablo, Matthew, Caito
    Abstain - Chris Scott

Regular Auction Waivers - Fro, MMH, Alex, HB, Matthew
    Abstain - Chris Scott

No kickers - Pablo, HB, Torn, BG, Matthew, Fro

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Fro, when are you going to decide draft order? No one is going to screw us over with money.
    TODAY

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The draft order has been randomly determined. Draft pick trading is now open.

Draft order:
    1. MMH
    2. Beefy
    3. Matthew
    4. Alex
    5. Fro
    6. Pablo
    7. Morrison
    8. Torn
    9. BGMaverick
    10. Caito
    11. Chris Scott
    12. Honey Badger

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m happy with 11. NO trades thank you.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m happy with 11. NO trades thank you.
    It's too soon for a Dolphin or Seahawk, regardless.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay here are the updated tallies. It looks like 7 bench + 2 IR will be the decision. I also moved my vote to NO KICKERS which gives that side 6. Morrison is the only one who hasn't voted on that but even if he is pro-kicker then it gives us a 6 v 6 split. Regarding waivers, keeping it normal is leading 5-4 with @Beefy and @Morrison yet to vote.

Vote count
    7 Bench Spots +2 IR Spots - Torn, BG, Pablo, Matthew, Caito
    Abstain - Chris Scott

Regular Auction Waivers - Fro, MMH, Alex, HB, Matthew
    Abstain - Chris Scott

No kickers - Pablo, HB, Torn, BG, Matthew, Fro
    I did vote, I voted no change

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 bench/2 IR
    continuous waivers
    NO KICKERS

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a series of votes that certainly creates some ebbs and flows to the progression of the rules.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And with that I think we can close these votes. 7 bench spots + 2 IR is the clear winner. We are just about split on the waiver system but half the league wants to stay with the existing system, so we will not make a change. And 7 out of 12 people have voted to remove kickers.

Vote count
    7 Bench Spots +2 IR Spots - Torn, BG, Pablo, Matthew, Caito, Morrison
    Abstain - Chris Scott

Regular Auction Waivers - Fro, MMH, Alex, HB, Matthew, Beefy
    Continuous Auction Waivers - BG, Pablo, Torn, Caito, Morrison
    Abstain - Chris Scott

No kickers - Pablo, HB, Torn, BG, Matthew, Fro, Morrison

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too soon for a Dolphin or Seahawk, regardless.
    Nah Carson is perfect for an 11th spot

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paid
    Torn
    Caito
    MMH
    Pablo
    BGMaverick
    Fro
    HB
    Alex
    Beefy
    Morrison
    Chris Scott
    Matthew

Check PM for payment info
    Last edited by Fro; September 7th, 2020 at 10:53 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell mate thanks for pointing out I’m poor atm lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HEEEEEEERE WE GOOOOOOOOO. Today is the day

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to view the draft? I'd like to watch if possible?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It's not til 11pm anyway beebs so 3 hours past your bedtime.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh fuck that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You not in this @BBF

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You not in this @BBF
    Nah the free one is my first foray into fantasy football. Wanted to see if it was something I wanted to do properly. maybe next year for this one

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could probably stream it to twitch if you're going to be up Andy. Up to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Lads, today is a big day and someone has some words for each and every one of you:

https://www.cameo.com/v/x22oZqMYFr