Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,500 of 2806

Thread: British Wrestling

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Progress Melbourne was a great night. I love Pete Dunne with all of my heart. My fiancé is in love with Trent. Glen I saw you did Perth, Melb, Nz South Island back to Sydney in 4 days. You must be fucking knackered. Jesus.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit tired tbh.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not like you've got a 3-day wrestling event this coming weekend though so....

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So SSS16 worked out well, even when half of day 3 is thrown out the window before the show starts.

Still an amazing weekender, two matches for Wembley, PROGRESS World Cup announced, Freedoms Road trailer shown, PROGRESS documentary coming out soon and then a coast to coast tour of the USA. Certainly know how to keep busy at Progress towers.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Looking forward to catching the shows on demand.

From the spoilers it only seems to confirm Havoc vs Osprey for Wembley, what’s the other one?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    Looking forward to catching the shows on demand.

From the spoilers it only seems to confirm Havoc vs Osprey for Wembley, what’s the other one?
    I'll put it in spoilers I guess..

Some great matches, not all hit the mark but as a three day event all the days were solid, the crowd wasn't dogshit and chanting bollocks... it was hot as fuck but really enjoyable set of shows. Gutted for the injury to Bate because him Vs ZSJ in the final (if you presume it stayed the same) as a rematch from the Manchester show a while back would have been incredible.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can add a couple more matches to Wembley...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Shugs Hoose Party cards are looking quality.

Angelico vs Whiplash, WALTER vs BT Gunn, Hendry vs Renfrew, GRADO returns, Coffey vs Coffey, Jeff Cobb and James Storm matches and DOUBLE J as the commissioner.

YUM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Jesus Christ that Suzy cunt on twitter kicking off about progress deciding to show the football at the show on Sunday. She needs a kick in the cunt.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I volunteer, the fucking twat.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PROGRESS "Fan" group isn't much better. It's cos people have booked trains etc so yeah,I get it.. it's inconvenient... but it's just a day... that means a lot to a lot of people.. so .. fuck her. Fuck em all.

(p.s. I'm not actually going, not cos it's the final - I never got tickets in the first place - if I did I'd probably still go.)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    She's actually going off her nut on twitter at Tyler Bate, shes a mad woman. I think Progress should ban her and her stupid girls club from future shows.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely hope Tyler DOES pay for it.. not cos he should, obviously, but just to shut this stupid argument up.

She calls herself a journalist and fights for equality but can't see why people would want to do both and how it's not fair on fans OR wrestlers who want to watch both...

Embarrassing.

Simon
    It's mad that someone trying to be a force for good can be so impossible to like or empathise with. I imagine most people can see that this is a shit situation for non-football fans and an incredibly tricky position for Progress with no option that keeps everyone happy. Clearly, as with the issue a while back with booking tickets, she is only happy as long as she isn't put out in any way. Progress is for everyone, but especially me.

The Rosk
    I dare you to say that to her on Twitter you fucking pussy.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Go on Simon!!!

Simon
    Na not worth it. People who are actually engaging with her are seeing their balanced opinions met with sob stories and manipulation, what chance do you think anyone who just tells her to fuck off has.

The Rosk
    I could have won so much money betting on the "nah not worth it" pussy answer.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Na not worth it. People who are actually engaging with her are seeing their balanced opinions met with sob stories and manipulation, what chance do you think anyone who just tells her to fuck off has.

Simon
    I actually did have a go at her in the end

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking Suzy man, absolute brain rot. Glen yous were absolutely in the right andnjn the best of intentions. “You deceived us by changing your terms and conditions”. Maybe they changed the terms and conditions because a fucking potential once in a lifetime event necessitated this to happen. Also, see if you’re too skint or “can’t afford” to change transport etc, you shouldn’t be spending 50 odd quid of your precious disposable income going to a wrestling show in the first place. She’s turgid.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I actually did have a go at her in the end
    HAHA! Now call her a cow bet she likes stuff like that.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw all that bollocks.

She's got victim running through her, feel a bit sorry for her actually, as I know more than one person scarily like her (loud and proud, use of 'queer' to describe themselves, activist, badly dyed hair) and they're not bad, just, you know, them.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think she's a parody account, I've clocked the one about "Things BritWres can learn" and it must be a massive slice of irony. It can't not be. She can't be so deluded.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    Fucking Suzy man, absolute brain rot. Glen yous were absolutely in the right andnjn the best of intentions. “You deceived us by changing your terms and conditions”. Maybe they changed the terms and conditions because a fucking potential once in a lifetime event necessitated this to happen. Also, see if you’re too skint or “can’t afford” to change transport etc, you shouldn’t be spending 50 odd quid of your precious disposable income going to a wrestling show in the first place. She’s turgid.
    She can't afford a train ticket yet she had no issues booking flights to the USA a day after Progress announced the upcoming tour

Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    I think she's a parody account, I've clocked the one about "Things BritWres can learn" and it must be a massive slice of irony. It can't not be. She can't be so deluded.
    Saw her at two shows last year with her small entourage of Twitter buddies. They really did come across as if they were there to police the crowd rather than watch any wrestling.
    Last edited by DangerRebel; July 10th, 2018 at 6:00 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Someone get Glen to ban her.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know actually *in* the shows, I've never had an issue with her. She organises the "Newbie/strays" meet-up pre-show and I think that's great for people who otherwise wouldn't go so I always see her with 2 or 3 of the same people.

What really rankles me is her entitled, holier-than-thou, "i'm right because I've suffered hardship in life" attitude and then the same dicks who agree with her.

The episode that really soured me on her, as I might have ranted about before, was when she forced a safety issue at the O2 Ritz in Manchester and rather than queue with people went ape shit about "paying for a service" with O2... it's a fucking FREE... PERK... that is OPTIONAL to venues. Blew my fucking mind.. and since then I might be a bit more inclined to dislike everything she's ever said.

...but she's a proper twat online. You'd think she owned the company.

Jim, Jon, Glen and Suzy.

Then again there a few "fans" like that.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I love her exchange with @BBF, As soon as he cranks it up and spits some truth she says nah im out, Not replying to you any more, Bit of a theme there

Simon
    You know actually *in* the shows, I've never had an issue with her. She organises the "Newbie/strays" meet-up pre-show and I think that's great for people who otherwise wouldn't go so I always see her with 2 or 3 of the same people.

What really rankles me is her entitled, holier-than-thou, "i'm right because I've suffered hardship in life" attitude and then the same dicks who agree with her.

The episode that really soured me on her, as I might have ranted about before, was when she forced a safety issue at the O2 Ritz in Manchester and rather than queue with people went ape shit about "paying for a service" with O2... it's a fucking FREE... PERK... that is OPTIONAL to venues. Blew my fucking mind.. and since then I might be a bit more inclined to dislike everything she's ever said.

...but she's a proper twat online. You'd think she owned the company.

Jim, Jon, Glen and Suzy.

Then again there a few "fans" like that.
    The PWRGRL thing is a great, empathetic idea that improved the experience of a lot of people. That's why I find it so weird that she's such an arsehole.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PWRGRL thing is a great, empathetic idea that improved the experience of a lot of people. That's why I find it so weird that she's such an arsehole.
    Because she's had to be to survive?

Just throwing it out there. She'll get shit from quite a few sections of society and for some people that means they learn how to fight back and harness that abuse.

Given how she shut down when BBF was challenging her while being respectful, I don't think she knows how to deal with that. She's used to insults being thrown her way, to use that victim status as a shield and a weapon, because if she hadn't have done that before it might have crushed her.

Only thing I know about her has been this fucking ridiculous past few days - and yes she has been ridiculous - but I wouldn't say she screams arsehole to me. She absolutely screams activist. Venn diagrams go crazy.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Because she's had to be to survive?

Just throwing it out there. She'll get shit from quite a few sections of society and for some people that means they learn how to fight back and harness that abuse.

Given how she shut down when BBF was challenging her while being respectful, I don't think she knows how to deal with that. She's used to insults being thrown her way, to use that victim status as a shield and a weapon, because if she hadn't have done that before it might have crushed her.

Only thing I know about her has been this fucking ridiculous past few days - and yes she has been ridiculous - but I wouldn't say she screams arsehole to me. She absolutely screams activist. Venn diagrams go crazy.
    If it was based purely on the last couple of days I would agree with you - it isn't a black and white issue, and the people who have been put out, of which she is one, are right to feel hard done by. There was no winner in that situation, and the company have taken the option that affects the minority rather than the majority. But this is really not the first time she has been 'problematic' shall we say. If you look back over the past year or so in this thread, you'll see her come up over and over again being a dickhead in a variety of ways. Complaining that loyal fans like her don't get preferential treatment for the best seats, harassing numerous women at shows and accusing them of being part of the problem if they don't buy her PWRGRL t-shirts (Andy's missus being one of them, he can explain in more detail if he wants).

I'm not saying she's the devil or anything, and at least to some extent her heart must be in the right place because of the effort she puts into ensuring people feel comfortable at shows...but she's also incredibly manipulative, particularly with regard to her past - believe me when I tell you that she will mention this the moment anyone criticises her, as a method of shutting down the conversation. I'd like to think you know me (and the rest of the people having a go at her on here) well enough to know that I'm no woman-hater or troll, and I wouldn't go out of my way to criticise someone without good reason...but if she isn't an arsehole - and it's possible, I thought she came across ok-ish in the TNJ podcast about sexual harassment in wrestling for example - then she does a fucking good impression of one.

The Rosk
    "I don't like football because I have a history of domestic violence..."

Fuck off. Honestly.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the past couple of days she's probably, at least in the most basic sense, had a reasonable point but generally she comes across as a bit elitist and it works directly against the message she tries to promote with the PWRGRL stuff. Examples being 'The amount of times I've defended PROGRESS over the past couple of years and this is what they do'. Well no, they don't owe you anything! Moaning how she couldn't get 'decent' seats for the Wembley show because tickets were available for everyone. Well again no, they don't owe you a front row seat, your money isn't worth more than mine or that bloke over there.

On a personal level (and I know that horrifically clouds my judgment) she was unbelievably rude to my missus at a show here in Cheltenham last year. Made a beeline for her straight away to try and get her to buy a t-shirt. My missus had given birth 4 months previously and this was her first night out so was feeling a bit self-conscious about her body so didn't want to buy a fitted, female t-shirt. Also we have a newborn so, you know.....no money. When she said no thanks, this champion of inclusion told her that she was part of the problem of women feeling excluded at wrestling and if she didn't stand united with ''''the movement''''' she was as bad as the blokes that shouted her down. FUCK OFF.

I have no doubt she's dealt with general shit in her life but the moment someone is perceived as being 'against' her she turns horrifically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post

Fuck off. Honestly.
    Also, this. fuck off!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck off. Honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    Also, this. fuck off!
    I didn't see this, but guessing she said it?

It's her life and her experiences. If she does have a history of domestic violence it's not amazingly surprising she may have a residual issues with football, as domestic violence instances do rise at weekends during the season and when England are playing, very much so when England lose.

She hasn't (in that at least) told anybody else they can't enjoy football, or even blamed football for domestic violence, just why she doesn't like it herself. Why would that rile you up?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my queer fam's back.

Simon
    I didn't see this, but guessing she said it?

It's her life and her experiences. If she does have a history of domestic violence it's not amazingly surprising she may have a residual issues with football, as domestic violence instances do rise at weekends during the season and when England are playing, very much so when England lose.

She hasn't (in that at least) told anybody else they can't enjoy football, or even blamed football for domestic violence, just why she doesn't like it herself. Why would that rile you up?
    Because she was only using it as justification for her completely over the top, arrogant attitude to this issue. It was completely irrelevant to the discussion, other than providing a nice little "I dare you to argue with me now" barrier. I'm not demeaning her experiences whatsoever but she has a history of pulling these cards whenever she is in the wrong.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia

Fuck off. Honestly.

She didn't actually say this?!

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder what her opinion on inter gender wrestling matches are.

- - - Updated - - -

All my friends are black.

Simon

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because she was only using it as justification for her completely over the top, arrogant attitude to this issue. It was completely irrelevant to the discussion, other than providing a nice little "I dare you to argue with me now" barrier. I'm not demeaning her experiences whatsoever but she has a history of pulling these cards whenever she is in the wrong.
    Or;

She was giving context as to why this topic may pique her emotions, which is relevant to the discussion she was having.

I've found my hill. It's a shitty hill filled with over opinionated lesbians, but it's mine.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Christ alive.

She does realise she can sell her ticket and doesn't have to attend? I get the feeling she will make a song and dance of leaving if she does go and has to get her train early. Mass walk out of the PWRGRL's in support of domestic violence.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on now, really? How could this tweet upset anybody? What am I missing?

Explains she doesn't like it, why she doesn't like it and how it makes her feel. Accepts her viewpoint is different to most and politely asks because of how it makes her feel she politely asks to be left out of the conversation.

What a monster!

Simon
    Like I said if it was just this time I would probably agree with you, but she does this a lot. Gets criticised for shit behaviour, pulls the victim card. Every time. Of course saying she doesn't like football because she associates it with DV is completely fair enough, but a bit of background to how she acts completely changes the context. Maybe I'm completely wrong and unfair, I can't say 100% because I only know her from what I see of her online, but I have her firmly pegged as a manipulator and an opportunitist who knows exactly what to say and do to keep people onside while ensuring every situation works in her favour.

The Rosk
    Come on now, really? How could this tweet upset anybody? What am I missing?

Explains she doesn't like it, why she doesn't like it and how it makes her feel. Accepts her viewpoint is different to most and politely asks because of how it makes her feel she politely asks to be left out of the conversation.

What a monster!
    Nobody asked her why she doesn't like football. Nobody gives a shit as to why she doesn't like it. She has started this conversation, nobody else. It was clear that she doesn't like it, and it was a completely pointless addition to the discussion.

She's thrown a victim card in there as a get-out clause, hours after publically abusing other people who had researched and offered an actual cheaper solution to the change in her train times. She's a cunt who likes to feel as though she's a wonderful person. The only people "supporting" her are other women trapped in this bullshit spell or pathetic weirdo men who love to back women up online at all costs with a vague hope of getting laid (eg Paul Lee).

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is she vegan too? Wouldn't surprise me.

Simon
    This is kind of getting into just digging her out for any old shit territory now. I noticed a bit of that yesterday on Twitter, people criticising her for trying to publicise the PWRGRL movement which, I hope, we can all agree is a good thing.

The Rosk
    This is kind of getting into just digging her out for any old shit territory now. I noticed a bit of that yesterday on Twitter, people criticising her for trying to publicise the PWRGRL movement which, I hope, we can all agree is a good thing.
    What have I said differently from you here Simon?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what, I instinctively fee a bit protective of her, which is probably why I'm kind of defending the indefensible here.

She reminds me of so many people I know it's a little bit silly, and reading through her blog, as I alluded to earlier, I think she's typecast herself in that victim role because other people forced her their first. Dealing with more instances of abuse and support through the football team than I'd like at the moment and that's probably raised the hairs on me too.

But stupid sometimes be stupid, and she was stupid, so stepping away from the hill. Hiding in the bushes with a rainbow firing rifle if it all kicks off though.

Simon
    What have I said differently from you here Simon?
    Na I was on about the vegan thing from Badger. I dunno maybe JP is bringing out the guilty liberal in me (counter-point: I was goaded into watching an episode of the updated version of Queer Eye on the promise that it was really good and life-affirming; for a good few minutes I became a rampant homophobe. They're so fucking annoying) but I'm wary of piling on to her too much, even though I've been as bad as anyone for it. I'm a hypocrite basically.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiding in the bushes with a rainbow firing rifle if it all kicks off though.
    Best way of describing a penis I've heard in a while.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...(counter-point: I was goaded into watching an episode of the updated version of Queer Eye on the promise that it was really good and life-affirming; for a good few minutes I became a rampant homophobe. They're so fucking annoying)...
    You and me are gonna fall out.

- - - Updated - - -

THE FAB FIVE DON'T DESERVE THIS SHIT!

Simon
    I honestly cannot explain how irritated it got me in such a short space of time. I get that they are good people doing a good thing, and I was glad they had such a positive impact on the guy's life (it was the 'Can't Fix Ugly' episode if that means anything to you) but my fucking God seeing those gimps squealing and dancing around wound me up no end. Am I still a homophobe if I don't mind the bumming thing but can't deal with the prancing?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fabulousnessphobe.

Simon
    I can get on board with that. Can you lads not just do it all quietly for God's sake.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Na I was on about the vegan thing from Badger. I dunno maybe JP is bringing out the guilty liberal in me (counter-point: I was goaded into watching an episode of the updated version of Queer Eye on the promise that it was really good and life-affirming; for a good few minutes I became a rampant homophobe. They're so fucking annoying) but I'm wary of piling on to her too much, even though I've been as bad as anyone for it. I'm a hypocrite basically.
    It's not her views as such as it is the timing of when she brings them to draw attention to herself and when nobody asked for it which is what a lot of vegans have done. I posted once about winning big on the Grand National and one of my ultra-vegan friends calked me a sick monster calling for cruelty to horses which was comoletely irrelevant. In this particularly case, it's "Football at a wrestling match, oh no you monsters!" As Rosk said it was irrelevant. I was having a dig and used that example because she was trolling.

By all means express them as much as you want, but not to troll on peoole by adding something that is completely irrelevant to the discussion

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, water under the bridge now innit.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    No ZSJ or Osprey at Wembley

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's a shame but it was hardly surprising once Osprey was out, it'd have been odd to have ZSJ appear. There's still some decent stories going on, Tag Thunderbastard, Womens match (unless its with Borer Di Matteo), Eddie Vs Mandrews, Dunne Vs Dragunov.. with only more coming I guess.

In a "it's not that bad" sort of way, neither are "full time" with PROGRESS anyway - so it's not like we're used to recently seeing them every month. I feel bad for Jim/Jon/Glen who obviously had plans with both for big matches (Havoc/Will blowoff of a generation, ZSJ was SSS16 winner) and now it's been shot down ... but they are contracted talent so.. Just the same as WWE pulling them but I doubt NJPW will get the same undeserved flak for it - obviously.

The only "plus" is they have a bit of time to build a replacement match and they've started with the "Three and in" series (You win three consecutive singles matches between now and Wembley - you're in the match (I think) at Wembley with the champ). Havoc is still doing "prep" Deathmatches to get his mojo back so you have to think he and Will is on the cards somewhere in the future... If not Wembley then... This year I'd imagine. Could it be strung out to SSS16 '19? I doubt it.

One has to wonder if WWE will "loan" some 'full time' people for the event - it'd be the perfect time for them to say "look at us, we're HELPING independent wrestling - not like those evil NJPW folk!" - especially in the midst of NXTUK taking off. Though the only ones that'd make sense are Tommy End, Keith Lee and Jack Gallagher... I think.. maybe...

Simon
    Pretty much every time they have been hit with this sort of setback, they've gone out of their way to make up for it (presumably at greater expense, or at least pulling in major favours) so I'm not in the least bit worried. Even when they've not made up for it with a massive surprise guest, it's tended to work out fine anyway - Haskins getting injured was shit, but it led to Pete Dunne as champion and the dominance of BSS, which IMO is one of the best things Progress have done.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fan of the Progress fans on the Q and A last night asking the most convoluted and weird questions about the new series (i.e If someone isnt on the America tour will they be given the same opportunity to win 3 matches, what happens if x wins this but loses this title then wins this, etc etc) completely neglecting the fact that its fake and Glen have actually planned out what will happen
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Simon
    Ahahaha yes I thought exactly the same when some fucking div said "well what happens if no one wins three in a row".

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone at MidWeek Matters next Wednesday?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahahaha yes I thought exactly the same when some fucking div said "well what happens if no one wins three in a row".
    ahhaha excellent. I loved the idea of Glen sitting in his hotel room racking his brain to think of hypothetical answers, terms and conditions to situations that he KNOWS they will never have to address. Mind numbing.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Simon
    He'd have got my full support if he'd just gone UM WELL MAYBE I'LL WRITE IT SO THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN YOU ENORMOUS FUCKING IDIOT.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he would've but he was busy slyly changing their show terms and conditions at the time.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    My disappointment was more based on that ZSJ and Osprey were a bit part of the early days of progress and it would have been a nice nod to that.

Still buzzing for the show and popping progress cherry.

The Rosk
    He'd have got my full support if he'd just gone UM WELL MAYBE I'LL WRITE IT SO THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN YOU ENORMOUS FUCKING IDIOT.

Simon

For God's sake.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Insert Get Your Own Back joke]

Simon
    Looking forward to spending a fortune on DBP Yoga.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave Benson Phillips looks like the mall security guard who's been "nearing retirement" for 20 years and just dropped dead of a stroke after eating too much barbecue. And his tag-team partner looks like "This Ain't Carmella" - A Triple-X porn parody.

And their opponents look like somebody dug up Rosey's bloated corpse and forced a bad "X-Men" cosplay on him and his partner looks like a failed Pete Dunne clone mixed with an angry British indie rocker.

Christ... is this really the state of British indie wrestling?

Simon
    Dave Benson Phillips is a British kids' TV icon, the other three are comedy acts who can all go in the ring, this will be a fun novelty match and British wrestling is legitimately incredible. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Simon; July 20th, 2018 at 6:28 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Dave Benson Phillips looks like the mall security guard who's been "nearing retirement" for 20 years and just dropped dead of a stroke after eating too much barbecue. And his tag-team partner looks like "This Ain't Carmella" - A Triple-X porn parody.

And their opponents look like somebody dug up Rosey's bloated corpse and forced a bad "X-Men" cosplay on him and his partner looks like a failed Pete Dunne clone mixed with an angry British indie rocker.

Yes, British Indie wrestling is in a terrible state. A show at Wembley (Progress) and The Glasgow Hydro (ICW) - 12k capacity each - before the end of the year, upwards of 2000 in York Hall for Rev Pro AND Pro Wrestling Eve (all womens show). ROH/New Japan coming over and putting 2-3k in halls/arenas, WWE UK picking up talent and running shows over here next month and World Of Sport running on terrestrial TV for a 10 week run.

We are in the shitter. Please continue to make wonderful assertions based on a single match graphic for a comedy match at a niche promotion.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spudz shut up mate

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Hey look at this book! It's got a blue cover! Must be an awful book."

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post

I think someone forgot to switch over to their Soxfanatic account

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has more of Slutty McWhoreface vibe to me...

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Has more of Slutty McWhoreface vibe to me...
    Oh he's not as bad as bad. That guy was a loose cannon to the extreme writing Raw review novels insulting Vince every other sentence then blasting everyone and anyone who even slightly disagreed with him. Spudz does contribute some good stuff old school wise. Not to mention he posted a novel in the Asylum blasting everyone and saying he was leaving forever.

I think this is just a case of naive ignorance when it comes to the British wrestling scene.
    Last edited by Badger; July 20th, 2018 at 5:40 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, didn’t mean to get everyone’s goat. I was just fucking around.

I know British indies are super hot right now. I was just yanking your chain, guys.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but SWE only charge a pound for hot dogs, so they're better than everyone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Yeah but SWE only charge a pound for hot dogs, so they're better than everyone.
    I got punked out by a shitty heel at an indie show after I called him a bitch after he did a dive to the floor in front of me.

He gave me shit for eating a hot dog and told me "snack bar's thattaway, fatty."

It was awesome. Then when the babyface popped his comeback on the floor, everybody in my section (including myself - I finished the hot dog) got to hold him in place for some chops.

Memories.....

Simon
    Spoiler for yesterday's show...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Delighted!

The Rosk
    That was some fucking pop when he won.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad there's no "spoiler terrorists" here.

Simon
    Ahahahaha

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely no idea til today that WOS was on today....

Grado putting his hat on the most unimpressed kid I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Consider me a hater, state of some of those lads.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't hate it... saying that I had numerous probably silly and pathetic issues...

- the crowd cuts, again, were crap
    - the commentary was poor.
    - they mentioned love island 10,000 times at the start
    - ..cheeky Fernando's?
    - the opening made no sense.. I thought all 5 guys were heels of how they looked and acted, turns out at least 1 was a face... the guy who won, which was a fucking mess by the way.
    - the camera angles constantly changing made WWE look well filmed.
    -the lack of build or introductions... I get half the roster got poached by WWE but there wasn't even an effort to say who anyone was. Who was that giant fat cunt at the start and why was he there? To make it look hokey again??
    - 2 shows, 2 champs... Russo hiding back there?

I'm sure there's more but....... I feel like I'm turning into one of the "fan" group members.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Consider me a hater, state of some of those lads.
    Please dont use that as a true example of british wrestling. Use the birmingham show instead or come to a progress show please. for me.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Oh, I will. I just don't understand why they run with Grado boasting about walking his dog three times a day in an embarrassing segment when they've got Bulldog JR and the other guy putting that match on. Focus the show around them ffs.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I didn't hate it... saying that I had numerous probably silly and pathetic issues...

- the crowd cuts, again, were crap
    - the commentary was poor.
    - they mentioned love island 10,000 times at the start
    - ..cheeky Fernando's?
    - the opening made no sense.. I thought all 5 guys were heels of how they looked and acted, turns out at least 1 was a face... the guy who won, which was a fucking mess by the way.
    - the camera angles constantly changing made WWE look well filmed.
    -the lack of build or introductions... I get half the roster got poached by WWE but there wasn't even an effort to say who anyone was. Who was that giant fat cunt at the start and why was he there? To make it look hokey again??
    - 2 shows, 2 champs... Russo hiding back there?

I'm sure there's more but....... I feel like I'm turning into one of the "fan" group members.
    I thought they were smart to run with the Love Island connection. They shouldn't then have jobbed him out like that.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Checked out the WOS show but, no. They did a couple of the things I've always despised in wrestling; piped in crowd noise, (lots of) intruding crowd shots and instant replays during matches, ADD camera cuts and what I like to call the "action camera" (I have no idea what the proper name is) when the camera guy zooms in, zooms out and move/shake the camera to make the match look more exciting, or something. TNA used to do this a lot back in the day (one of the reasons I gave up on them) and WWE does it whenever there's action outside the ring, or for example during a post match beat down. Whatever, I detest it. The LED screen that was way longer than the side of the ring looked sort of weird.

In-ring action was decent to good though, no real complaints there. I actually liked the fat guy in the first match (Krater?), would have liked to see a little bit more of him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOS was what it was. The people involved were very proud of the product they put together, but it all comes down to how it's edited and presented - and there's definite room for improvement there. I thought it was very fast paced, never boring and done its best to establish new characters to what they thought would be a young audience.

Turned out that only 5% of people watching were kids and 80% were aged 35-55 I believe (off the top of my head) - which is a very similar kind of demographics we are dealing with in Raw and SD viewership. Maybe due to the fact that children and young people just don't really watch television anymore in the traditional sense - especially at 5pm on a Saturday.

Regardless, it was a huge weekend for British Wrestling there with WOS, NXTUK and ICW all having big shows air/on. Don't think we should overlook that and let perfect be the enemy of good.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    ICW put on a hell of a show this weekend. Great fun and the Carling/o2 suits them so much better, loads of space and the platforms meant everyone could get a good view.

Simon
    I don't really get the criticism of WOS from wrestling fans. It's not for us, it's for kids and casual Saturday night viewers, and from what I saw it did that job pretty well. 8 year old kids called Riley and Mason and bored middle-aged people looking for something to drown out the increasingly loud sound of their own mortality don't care about ring psychology, they want to see cool moves and broad, fun characters. And that's exactly what they got. A load of internet cunts complaining about it is just completely baffling to me, it's like super fans of the Olympics picking holes in Gladiators, or opera buffs getting upset about X Factor - it isn't for you, so fuck off and do something else.

What it comes down to is this - if the sort of wrestling that 'proper' wrestling fans want was to get a terrestrial TV deal, it would be on at 3am on Channel 5, would have fuck all budget and no cunt would watch it. It's a niche market and would be treated as such. On top of that, WOS is actually helping the industry those whinging fans love by potentially bringing a new breed of fans through who otherwise might never find it, particularly if they don't have Sky - I know my first introduction to wrestling was through the WCW shows that were on ITV on Saturdays in the 90s, and I imagine that is true of a lot of Brits, particularly older ones when the original WOS was around.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its simple Si, people want more people to like wrestling but only the exact type and presentation of wrestling that caters directly to them.

You get it in ICW when they try anything a bit different, or at the family shows we do where 18+ fans turn up and complain about the lack of violence/swearing and it being 'too fake' (has actually happened).

You're spot on with what you say. This isn't a wrestling show with aspects of saturday evening entertainment aspects thrown in - it's a saturday evening entertainment show with wrestling shoehorned in. That isnt an insult.

If Progress is Coke and ICW is Heroin, this is a bottle of Hooch round the back of the offy. A gateway.

Nobody hates wrestling more than wrestling fans.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Simon
    I honestly think the wrestling community is the most self-involved of all fanbases.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It absolutely is and I admit that I dislike the programme based on mostly my own annoyances... but yeah it's for someone, perhaps. Hopefully enough to keep it going. It's all well and good not aiming it as us entitled lot but if that leaves no one to watch it then...

I just won't watch the rest of em, easy!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I don't really get the criticism of WOS from wrestling fans. It's not for us, it's for kids and casual Saturday night viewers, and from what I saw it did that job pretty well. 8 year old kids called Riley and Mason and bored middle-aged people looking for something to drown out the increasingly loud sound of their own mortality don't care about ring psychology, they want to see cool moves and broad, fun characters. And that's exactly what they got. A load of internet cunts complaining about it is just completely baffling to me, it's like super fans of the Olympics picking holes in Gladiators, or opera buffs getting upset about X Factor - it isn't for you, so fuck off and do something else.

What it comes down to is this - if the sort of wrestling that 'proper' wrestling fans want was to get a terrestrial TV deal, it would be on at 3am on Channel 5, would have fuck all budget and no cunt would watch it. It's a niche market and would be treated as such. On top of that, WOS is actually helping the industry those whinging fans love by potentially bringing a new breed of fans through who otherwise might never find it, particularly if they don't have Sky - I know my first introduction to wrestling was through the WCW shows that were on ITV on Saturdays in the 90s, and I imagine that is true of a lot of Brits, particularly older ones when the original WOS was around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    Its simple Si, people want more people to like wrestling but only the exact type and presentation of wrestling that caters directly to them.

You get it in ICW when they try anything a bit different, or at the family shows we do where 18+ fans turn up and complain about the lack of violence/swearing and it being 'too fake' (has actually happened).

You're spot on with what you say. This isn't a wrestling show with aspects of saturday evening entertainment aspects thrown in - it's a saturday evening entertainment show with wrestling shoehorned in. That isnt an insult.

If Progress is Coke and ICW is Heroin, this is a bottle of Hooch round the back of the offy. A gateway.

Nobody hates wrestling more than wrestling fans.
    People can watch it and have an opinion even if they aren't the target audience

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it feels the need to feed off shite like Love Island, then this is probably soapbar shite compared to the coke and heroin of Progress and ICW.