User Tag List

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: British Wrestling

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon4 British Wrestling

As I've become more and more involved in the British wrestling scene, (I co-own PROGRESS wrestling, running out of Central London) I've seen an awesome upturn in business for certain companies in the UK at present. Don't get me wrong, some companies are the shits, but does anyone on these forums actually follow the British scene, or is it even on anyone's radar? We sell out every show about 4-5 weeks in advance and have a waiting list for returns or holds so there obviously is a market for it in the UK.

Realistically, we just seem to be a feeder system for TNA and WWE at present, which is more than fair enough as there are ONLY indy companies in the UK. No one is on a retainer or a contract anywhere in the country, but I would genuinely be interested to know if anyone knows, or follows, or is even aware of any of the "big" companies in the UK? For example:

PROGRESS Wrestling - www.progresswrestling.com
    NGW - www.ngwuk.com
    IPW:UK - www.ipwuk.com
    Rev PRO - www.revolutionprowrestling.com
    Southside - www.southsidewrestling.com

Just off the top of my head, they are all putting on decent to good to amazing shows that will probably never fully be appreciated by wrestling fans around the world. I'd love if people who perhaps didn't even know there was a burgeoning British scene got into it. Wrestletalk TV on Challenge TV (on freeview here in the UK) was meant to be a huge step in raising the profile of British wrestling but oddly enough they mainly talk about TNA (who are also on the same channel) and don't promote British wrestling as much as they should be, at least in my opinion.

Anyway, British wrestling. Yeah. Go.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    ICW is stupidly popular in Scotland right now. Even some non wrestling fans I know have attended shows previously. Going to my first in August and I'm really looking forward to it.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing how low profile British wrestling is in the US I'm an enormous fan of wrestling worldwide, and I have not watched a match from any British wrestling promotion since Doug Williams and Paul Burchill were on their way up. That isn't because I don't want to, it's just that there's literally no dialogue whatsoever in the United States about it that I can find. I'm told that British wrestling is still relevant in Japan and Mexico, so it's just baffling how it seems to have zero foothold here.

Honestly, I would love to review a show for Cewsh Reviews to get more publicity and interest going, but I hardly know where to start. I should probably direct this straight at you Glen, since you're a co owner of a company. Would you be interested in us reviewing one of your shows?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I've been keeping tabs on things recently for a few reasons...

- Glen mentioning his work with PROGRESS which sounds great fun.
    - Cabana's podcast. He works in the UK regularly and has interviewed a bunch of British wrestlers. Regal, Johnny Saint, Scurll, Doug Williams, Haskins. Lots of info about the British wrestling scene that I wasn't aware of, good stories etc. Encouraged me to pay a bit more attention.
    - WWE has shown more interest in scouting talent from the UK. In recent years we've seen Sheamus, Barrett, McIntyre, Mason Ryan, PAC, Oliver Grey, Big Rob, Lewington, Kenneth Cameron, Hade Vansen, Andre Tyson, Paige, Rampage Brown etc. signed to developmental deals. Williams, Magnus, Rob Terry, Haskins and Spud have had varying success in TNA.
    - One of my favourite wrestlers in the world, Fujita Hayato, making his UK debut against Zack Sabre Jr. for 4FW earlier this year and the somewhat significant buzz that came with it. Next time he's over hopefully I'll have a chance to go.
    - There's a Revolution Pro show in London in June featuring Colt and a Morrison/Liger dream match. Considering going along to that.
    - Ever since Quackenbush & Chris Hero encouraged Johnny Saint to come out of retirement and he had those highly regarded matches in Chikara and wXw, old school British wrestling from the World Of Sport era has become quite fashionable and more old footage has become available. I've been checking out the likes of Steve Grey, Jim Breaks and Regal's favourite wrestler Terry Rudge on youtube. There's a lot of stuff there that I'm keen to watch.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morrison/Liger is a dream match?

There's actually been a trend of Japanese Joshi wrestling coming to Europe recently. Very interested to see where that goes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    It's actually Liger/Devitt and I'm getting confused. Liger/Morrison headlined that big PWS show that happened near Wrestlemania. Dream Match though? Sure. Liger against any current flashy high flyer could probably be called that.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that idea died for me when I had to sit through a really tiresome Liger/Generico match where Generico went over.

Also, Morrison must have a foot on Liger. Liger/Devitt sounds the business, though.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, now that I'm looking, I have seen some of the other wrestling bloggers I know getting excited about Progress Wrestling shows. I had no idea that was your promotion, Glen. Fucking cool stuff. Checking out the website now.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    GRADO!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glen, you CO-OWN a promotion?! Fuck man, that's sweet. How did that come about?

I've always been intrigued at the thought of British wrestling shows but never been particularly concerned about checking something out, convinced that it would be mega cheesy or whatever. Will be interesting to read a Cewsh review on something.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of the Leisure Centre shows and the camp shows (Butlins et al) are angled at families and children, so yeah, they can be a little cheesy, but using PROGRESS as an example, our shows are over 16's and run out of The Garage in Islington, which is ordinarily a rock venue, and we're the only wrestling company to run in Central London. It's smart wrestling for smart fans, l believe, run by 3 of us who love pro wrestling and don't see why British wrestling has to be stuck in the 80's. This explains it better to be honest, if you're interested : http://progresswrestling.com/about/

If you fancy having a look, we have our debut show, Chapter 1 (“the best debut show in British wrestling history” - Rob McNichol of the Sun newspaper) Chapter 2 & Chapter 3 on download for half price at the moment for only £5 English pounds at http://progresswrestling.com/merch/ but there's free matches on the website too. Chapter 7, which was this last Sunday (sold out, as every show has been so far - lucky us) is probably the best show we've ever put on. So delighted with it. It's just such a great atmosphere when wrestling is done right. (At least in my opinion).

Also, Grado is awesome.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Actually, now that I'm looking, I have seen some of the other wrestling bloggers I know getting excited about Progress Wrestling shows. I had no idea that was your promotion, Glen. Fucking cool stuff. Checking out the website now.
    It would be really interesting to see what you think of Chapter 7 from this weekend.. When a download is available, I'll ping you a link if you'd like?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah just to echo what Mike Hunt was saying, wrestling is absolutely stupidly popular in Scotland just now. ICW is absolutely tearing it up but the full effect of that has lead to a lot of local shows getting really good turn-outs too. What's really nice is that there are a bunch of companies in Scotland now who are all working together and talent-swapping to get the most out of the guys.
    There's a bunch of ICW stuff up on YouTube as well as an incredible documentary by Vice Magazine centring around Grado (who is my second best friend aside from Drew McIntyre). Really good time to be a fan in the UK right now.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICW is the closest thing we've found to ourselves in the UK. Adult based, great workers, and bit hardcore heavy, but a great company. Got shafted on their TV deal too. Horrible stuff.

I don't think there's anything in the UK such as "talent - swapping" though. Everyone is an independent contractor trying to get booked as much as they can wherever they can. There's probably only a handful of guys in the country who can consider themselves true professional wrestlers (El Ligero, Nathan Cruz, Rampage Brown off the top of my head, and a few others) who actually earn their living through wrestling all over the country.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Sweet.

Also found this which is amazing.

Probably not worth even trying, Americans.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I mention that Grado is amazing?

Yeah. Grado is amazing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Noam Dar if he didn't sound like a massive bam has the potential to be a huge huge star in uk wrestling and possibly abroad. Jack jester, Wolfgang, Mickey Whiplash and Kayleigh Ray are fucking amazingly talented as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noam's promo for us on Sunday wasn't bad at all. TNA already sniffing around him and Regal's already put him over to the WWE Office. He'll be signed in the next 12 months for sure. 19 years old, fucking charismatic and a great worker, and a proper nice lad too.

I agree with Whiplash also.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Whiplash is a freak! Modern day goldust, remeber seeing him for the first time and genuinely being shocked at what the guy was wearing in combination with his strength and move set makes him horribly impressive.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I anyone is keen on checking out current British talent, I'd recommend checking out the following guys:

Nathan Cruz
    Rampage Brown
    Zack Sabre Jr.
    Marty Scurll
    Jimmy Havoc
    Noam Dar
    Mark Haskins
    Paul Robinson
    The London Riots (James Davis and Rob Lynch)
    Project EGO (Martin Kirby and Kris Travis)
    El Ligero
    Dave Mastiff
    Grado
    Mikey Whiplash
    RJ Singh
    Mark Andrews
    Eddie Dennis
    Will Ospreay
    MK McKinnan
    The Hunter Brothers

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    You didn't put GRADO twice or in capitals please edit.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    It would be really interesting to see what you think of Chapter 7 from this weekend.. When a download is available, I'll ping you a link if you'd like?
    Absolutely. Please do.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell. I know we're not exactly a "typical" example of British wrestling, but tickets went onsale to the mailing list at 10.30pm last night and we've already sold out 2/3rds of the building by 4pm today. The more exposure British wrestling gets, the more people come out of the woodwork and actually say "actually, I'd quite like to see some wrestling".

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestling in Britain has always seemed weird in the past. Whenever WWE or TNA went there, people were rabid for it, but no indy seemed to be able to stay afloat. MichaelC suggested that it was probably to do with how badly the big boom period of the 70s burned everyone out. It'd be nice to see that come around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just needs one big company to have the funding for TV and not make it look like crap. I recently sat down with a few workers and discussed that abomination of a programme that some company out of Blackpool put on TV recently (on some sky channel like MY.tv or something) which was so horrendous, that if you watched it you'd immediately think that British wrestling was still in the shitter and being performed in front of 50 people. Not the case at all, just a lack of exposure at present. Hence my bone of contention with WrestleTalk TV, although luckily for us, whenever our talent are on there they always put us over, without prompting, which is nice.

The Rosk
    Wait Glen you do something with Progress?

WHY HAVEN'T YOU MENTIONED THIS BEFORE?!?!?!?!?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He co-owns it!

The Rosk
    I went to Chapter 7 and it was the second best wrestling show I've ever been to, behind Summerslam 1992 when I was a 9 year old mark who ate anything WWF produced up happily.

PROGRESS was genuinely immense, all the matches were strong, great involvement from the crowd and a great atmosphere to boot. Everything you want really. I recommend this heartily to anyone - and you know I would use such an opportunity usually to take the piss where possible... but it was fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grado is fighting Colt Cabana in Edinburgh during the Fringe.

If Noam's only 19, get Grado signed to WWE. That said, he'd be sacked for impregnating all the Diva's.

ICW is pretty good, although the fans are on the edge of thinking they are the stars.

Any of the Scots going to Kelvin Brawl?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. Please do.

Hey, if you need a review pal I'd be happy to do so; England's wrestling scene has somehow managed to fly under my radar, and I'd like to correct that.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done and done. I'll let you know when Glen hits me with the link.

The Rosk
    It was so funny seeing all these people basically beg Glen for a job. Just these fat cunt fanboys going on about a potential manager role in the pub afterwards. Hilarious.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When do you start, Rosk?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Hey, if you need a review pal I'd be happy to do so; England's wrestling scene has somehow managed to fly under my radar, and I'd like to correct that.
    Not just England mate.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The problem for me is I can never seem to find any decent promotions running shows in the east midlands. And whoever mentioned that show that was on sky recently is spot on, I literally turned it off because the opening promo was so god awful.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just send us all the link, Glen. Forum-mates rates..

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually eyeing one of the hoodies off of the website, but it doesn't look like they ship to the States.

BOYCOTT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    Not just England mate.
    Apologies; the entire U.K.

Probably all of Europe as well, come to think of it.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen any European wrestling outside of the UK since Rikishi's NWE promotion out of Italy went out of business. I loved that damn company.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    The problem for me is I can never seem to find any decent promotions running shows in the east midlands. And whoever mentioned that show that was on sky recently is spot on, I literally turned it off because the opening promo was so god awful.
    Just UGH.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually eyeing one of the hoodies off of the website, but it doesn't look like they ship to the States.

BOYCOTT
    We do. If you want one, just let me know the size and I'll get Jon to contact you.

BOYCOTT VETO.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    Just send us all the link, Glen. Forum-mates rates..
    It's £9 you cheap cunt.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's almost a days wage up north!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the Chapter 7 DVD is on pre-order now at only a tenner.

http://bit.ly/Ch7DVD

Full Card
    El Ligero (c) vs Noam Dar - PROGRESS Title Match
    Darrell Allen vs Xander Cooper vs Joey Lakeside vs Eddie Dennis - Natural Progression Series 1st Round
    London Riots vs Project Ego
    Jimmy Havoc vs Zack Sabre Jr (w/ special guest referee Nigel McGuinness)
    Mark Andrews vs Will Ospreay
    RJ Singh vs Danny Garnell
    Marty Scurll, Rampage Brown and Paul Robinson vs Nathan Cruz, Mark Haskins and a mystery partner
    plus extras

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Mick McManus has died. This was just covered on sky sports news btw.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    A genuine great - being covered by all the big guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did he ever wrestle anyone well-known from the states?

His name is synonymous with British Wrestling, RIP.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Sad news about McManus, even sadder after reading some reports, apparently he lost the will to live after his wife died and was refusing food and drink . RIP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Sweet.

Also found this which is amazing.

Probably not worth even trying, Americans.
    I enjoyed the 1st vid a lot. watched the whole Doc. Intriguing stuff

Bout to give the 2nd a try.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    William Regal ‏@RealKingRegal 1h
    Very sorry to hear of the passing of one of my childhood heroes Mick McManus.I only got to see him Wrestle live once.It was on my....

9th birthday and remember him giving me an autograph.Got to know him in the 80's and he was always nice.Great man.

Mick,along with "Iron Man" Steve Logan and "Cyanide" Sid Cooper were the reasons as a child I wanted to be a wrestler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible news about McManus. One of the all time greats.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of imports in the UK this weekend.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can't say i've ever really caught an English promotion. I'd like to start checking them out. one question though is there a general style difference between English and US pro wrestling? I'm a fan of old school Catch Wrestlers like Billy Robinson, Gotch, Thesz, Sakuraba, Tamura and the like. Are there alot more technical mat wrestlers than we see in the states?

ok well two questions.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We (Progress) are occupying page 38 of The Daily Star (a popular tabloid in the UK) today. Good stuff. I think the piece is online somewhere as well.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I was linked to this via twitter earlier I assume that this is the web version, good write up.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/inthering...w-is-a-winner/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who was almost born during a wrestling card in Battersea Town Hall (according to my mother anyway!) in 1970, I've been brought up watching wrestling. It's a crime we've not had a proper TV coverage for quite a few years. The short lived Wrestling Channel was a brief hope, and it was good to see some local UK promotions getting exposure. I had no idea about PROGRESS but having now read abit about it on their site, I am actually thinking of going to see my first UK promotion in almost 20 years! You'd think Challenge TV or even Channel 5 would pick up on the upswing in interest in UK wrestling and take a punt.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    For anyone that's interested Insane Championship Wrestling, the most popular scottish wrestling promotion, have been putting a highlights show online. They are up to week 15 now I've watched a fair whack of them and they are pretty good. Can't wait to attend my first show of theirs in August.

thats the first episode. Give it a whirl and see what yous think. Watch out for GRADO!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we've got Tanahashi and Liger working a couple of shows in the UK, Lucha Britannia filming a TV spot, The Steiners winning tag gold in Preston (yes, you read that right... Jesus Christ) and for ourselves (Progress wrestling) just sold out our next show on July 28th 8 weeks in advance at the annoucement of Doug Williams vs Darrell Allen vs Noam Dar. British wrestling is a crazy old world right now.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    As strange a question as this may sound, I couldn't find it on your website:

What do your belts look like?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RHYNO has been announced for an upcoming ICW show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    As strange a question as this may sound, I couldn't find it on your website:

What do your belts look like?
    Ahh, well, you see, we don't like that most British companies have these cheap Pakistani made belts that look like kids' or replica belts, so we decided not to have one. If/when we do, it'll be something special, but, instead, we have a staff (lovingly christened by our fans as the "Nazi Staff". A statement rebuffed by one of my co-owners Jim Smallman on various occasions: "It's not a Nazi staff... IT'S FUCKING REGAL.")

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ha, that's pretty cool. Have you looked into having a proper belt made? i only ask because i'm curious as to how the design process works and how much a custom belt costs. All the local Indy companies here in CT use (well, used. most are out of business now) WWE replica belts with their logo stuck on via sticker and it looked horrendous.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check this out, Hero. A good quality belt will run you a thousand if you go to the high class guys who do it for indy companies. If you want the guys that do it for WWE and UFC, you're looking at twice that.

http://topropebelts.com/about/pricing-shipping/

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wow, no wonder the crappy local companies just used replica belts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    RHYNO has been announced for an upcoming ICW show.
    Hmm, I did like Rhyno back in the day, but not expecting big things from him.

ICW was good on Sunday, although they should dial back a bit on the Deathmatch stuff. They're good enough without it in my opinion.

Fans still think they're the stars of the show as well, which is a bit mince.

Still, Solar vs Wolfgang was top class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I watched my first British wrestling match in years last night. The 2012 Preston City Wrestling Royal Rumble. I hadn't heard of PCW, but apparently they are doing quite well. Which is more than they can say for Northend...

Anyhow, spoilered thoughts...

And if you wanted to see this MOTY for 2012, you can see it here:

I'll be definitely looking out for more of Preston City Wrestling in the future.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Does anyone know of a comprehensive, cross promotion site where I can see what wrestling is happening where and when? I recently missed a show in Nottingham featuring Jay Lethal through ignorance and would like to get to more shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICW show in Glasgow this Sunday if people are dying for more Mikey Whiplash after MichaelC's review.

It's also called 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day,' which is enough of a selling point on it's own.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Does anyone know of a comprehensive, cross promotion site where I can see what wrestling is happening where and when? I recently missed a show in Nottingham featuring Jay Lethal through ignorance and would like to get to more shows.
    Ticketmaster.co.uk and search Nottingham is genuinely the only way imo. Then go to each promotions website. Sounds like a great idea though.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by GeezaTap View Post
    ICW show in Glasgow this Sunday if people are dying for more Mikey Whiplash after MichaelC's review.

It's also called 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day,' which is enough of a selling point on it's own.
    Think I'm going to this. Are they showing money in the bank after?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Thats all well and good in theory, but they wont be selling tickets for all shows im sure.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Then again it does seem fairly comprehensive looking at it so who knows.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    They sell for pretty much every wrestling show around glasgow I'm sure it will be the same for Nottingham.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I'm going to this. Are they showing money in the bank after?
    They are indeed, although I have work so no MITB for me!

As for Peter Griffin, only thing I can recommend is following as many UK promotions as you can on Twitter.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Cheer's lads. The only thing I can see within reasonable distance at the min is a promotion doing a run in Blackpool, where PN News appears to be headlining, meh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what did the Scottish folk make of ICW last night?

I could watch The Buckys vs Sumerian Death Squad every month no probs. Sumerians are like a living version of Smackdown's Create-A-Finisher.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Going to my first Independent show 3 weeks tomorrow in Nottingham, the promotion is Southside wrestling, and the card is shaping up as follows:

Hardcore Rules
    SABU v JIMMY HAVOC

Speed King Title match
    JAY LETHAL(c) v ROBBIE X

WXW Title match
    TOMMY END(c) v ZACK SABRE JNR

Singles action
    STIXX v SUPERCRAZY

Winner get title shot next day
    MK McKINNAN v ??????? v ??????? v ???????

Looking forward to it, expecting some crazy shit from Sabu even if he is pushing 50

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That ???????/??????? fued is really heating up, looking forward to the singles blow-off
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Yeh they keep announcing new people every few days, so fuck know who it could be, though there is rumor of a NOAH wrestler coming over, not that I know anyone from that promotion.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sabu is coming up to Edinburgh next month too actually, as well as COLT CABANA VS. GRADO FFS. Can't wait.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Id say I hope he comes to Nottingham but im guessing they would of announced him already.

They have a couple of more events coming up before now and xmas.

September show ft

RICOCHET v ZACK SABRE JR

AR FOX v EL LIGERO

DRAKE YOUNGER v MARK HASKINS

And November show ft

FORMER WWE STAR HARDCORE HOLLY

FORMER WWE STAR CHRIS MASTERS

DRAGONGATE STAR UHAA NATION

ROH STAR KEVIN STEEN

Some good stuff coming up

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Just seen this as well

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    Sabu is coming up to Edinburgh next month too actually, as well as COLT CABANA VS. GRADO FFS. Can't wait.
    In Birmingham next week too.

Just a little bit excited, like.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    Maybe catch you for a pint at the show SLARE? Sabu I'd facing jimmy havoc at icw as well btw.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I manage to get through for it absolutely mate
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Is anyone else going? Wardy, fanny, Andy, gezzatap? Lets fucking do it lads! The wrestling!!!!!!!!! #itsyersel

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be a great shout for a scottish meet.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This makes me happy to be seeing so many people discussing going to British shows! Also, Jimmy Havoc is one of my best mates. Genuinely scared for him in the ring with Sabu...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it seems people do care about British wrestling after all...

http://progresswrestling.com/

First news story. We sold out the next show on September 29th within 24 hours of them going onsale to our mailing list. Fuck.

Looks like we're going to need a bigger venue...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I read on twitter that they are going to be filming some world of sports as well. No tv deal yet though but fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb10974041.htm

I can only assume as the deal involves ITV studios it will be on one of their channels.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    They have said on twitter that they are filming at the studios but no deal is in place. Xfactor out, wresting IN!!!!

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this guy sounds like a knob jockey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post

this guy sounds like a knob jockey
    I don't think I've ever seen a Lord that has yet to hit puberty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone else going? Wardy, fanny, Andy, gezzatap? Lets fucking do it lads! The wrestling!!!!!!!!! #itsyersel
    Just saw this / remember to reply to this.

Let's do it!

Card is mental with talent.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Sounds good. I'll be in Edinburgh getting pished for the majority of the day so imagine I'll be pretty scooped by show time! But a wee drink in the venue would be good.

Also did you see that awesome kong/kharma is coming to icw fierce females in September, classic grand. Will be attending my first all female show then!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    This makes me happy to be seeing so many people discussing going to British shows! Also, Jimmy Havoc is one of my best mates. Genuinely scared for him in the ring with Sabu...
    Dont be worrying, Havoc has cut a promo saying how much hes looking forward to it and how he is going to be more hardcore than Sabu. 4 fucking days