Thread: British Wrestling

Simon
    Dahlia is the best. Her and TC, yesssssss

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly cant fault anything from the show on Sunday. My favourite moments were the Doug Williams after match standing O, whole Zack Gibson promo/Trent promo leading to Peter and other shenanigans, and the pop for Flash Morgan kicking out of the highest powerbomb in the world at 2.999999.

Just such a solid top to bottom show - wheras for an ICW taping theres usually a lot of good with a lot of just okay stuff in there too.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The double chop to Flash was disgusting... Almost as bad as when Walter hammered Lykos and I threw up a tiny bit.

I should go to more local stuff like Southside run Sheffield often but I never have the urge to go like I have done PROGRESS shows. I do intend to give them a look at some point. They always advertise like... Billy Gunn and the like which doesn't particularly interest me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    The double chop to Flash was disgusting... Almost as bad as when Walter hammered Lykos and I threw up a tiny bit.

I should go to more local stuff like Southside run Sheffield often but I never have the urge to go like I have done PROGRESS shows. I do intend to give them a look at some point. They always advertise like... Billy Gunn and the like which doesn't particularly interest me.
    These local shows are still the bread and butter for a lot of your favourites from Progress and the likes too. I always think if theres a few decent names on a local show its worth going to. You also get a chance to see a lot of guys who are on serious mode for 'bigger' shows just go out and have fun for ten minutes and proper pantomime things up.

Also, tuck shops and raffles.

There are just so many good quality shows at the moment. Its difficult because it definitely saturates the market but at the same time, wrestlers are getting more work than ever in front of more people so it's hard to see it as a negative. On Saturday some guys on our show in Greenock did a triple shot all over Scotland in the one day - which is a long day but three wages.

In the next two weeks, there are shows within 15 minutes of me this Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun, next Sat and the next Fri, Sat. Amongst the workers there will be Rey, RVD, Nash, Hall, Scurll (ad Cody and the Bullet Club in edinburgh the following week) - as well as local guys like Grado, Joe Coffey, BT Gunn and the like. The standard right now is so good.

Also Glen, have you ever booked/thought about booking BT Gunn? He's phenomenal.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also dunno if you noticed but Ospreay was standing over beside Jim for the full show and marking out at every single chop on Flash as well
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Silly to wade in and talk about a story I dont know all sides of at this point. Best left.
    Last edited by Slare; November 17th, 2017 at 9:08 AM.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    He did batter Charlotte though.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Hunnars a times
    TAPS AFF!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im p sure you're joking but that wasn't him, was another ex partner of hers.

"In a fair amount of detail, she chronicles her ugly relationship with Riki Johnson, her first husband. She gave up a Division I volleyball scholarship and left Appalachian State after her sophomore year to live with Johnson, who at the time was a student at UNC-Chapel Hill. “Riki was Jekyll and Hyde,” she writes. “If he was happy, things were great; he was the man of my dreams. If he was angry, everyone knew it, and it would be taken out on someone or something.” Charlotte shares her side of the much-publicized 2008 altercation in Chapel Hill, and alleges there were multiple instances in which arguments led to him becoming physically violent with her. In one, “Riki started swinging at me like we were in a street fight. Over his screams, I could hear his fists hit my arms. I managed to block most of the punches, but one shot got me in the ribs. I began to gasp for air, but he didn’t stop.” In another, “Riki punched me right in the head.” “I think about that girl now, and it brings tears to my eyes. How did I get there? Why was this going on? Why wasn’t I strong enough, brave enough, to end this?”
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post

I've rambled there but it's just such a weird situation. Guy is dmeonised for arguing with his drunk missus while he is drunk and allegedly (although probably not) pushing her down and grabbing her by the neck, in the WRESTLING BUSINESS.
    What relevance does the wrestling business have to this? Or indeed her being drunk? The only issue is whether he did or didn't grab her by the throat. I don't know the ins and outs of the story to say one way or the other on that (as is true of basically everyone involved, on both sides) but I was under the impression he had admitted to that bit at least.

As for people getting mixed up between real life and wrestling...that is just obviously bollocks, sorry. People are angry at him because they are of the impression he assaulted his girlfriend, it has fuck all to do with wrestling.

Again, I don't know enough about the situation to have a strong opinion of Bram himself, and I think a lot of people involved are filling in the gaps with their own experiences - a lot of wrestlers/fans presuming him innocent because he's 'always been alright with me', while the usual suspects mentioned above have been very quick to condemn him citing their own experiences of domestic abuse as proof that all accusations against him should be taken as true without much in the way of analysis.

One thing I do have an issue with is people believing that he, and by extension Flash, don't have the right to present his side of the story. That makes no sense to me. The podcast wasn't presented as entertainment, the issue was discussed properly, in detail, and was treated with the importance required...in that context, they are entitled to discuss it. It's problematic that the girlfriend doesn't have access to the same size of audience, but then without this podcast the entire 'narrative' (sorry) is just her accusation, ie. one side of the story.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Im p sure you're joking but that wasn't him, was another ex partner of hers.

"In a fair amount of detail, she chronicles her ugly relationship with Riki Johnson, her first husband. She gave up a Division I volleyball scholarship and left Appalachian State after her sophomore year to live with Johnson, who at the time was a student at UNC-Chapel Hill. “Riki was Jekyll and Hyde,” she writes. “If he was happy, things were great; he was the man of my dreams. If he was angry, everyone knew it, and it would be taken out on someone or something.” Charlotte shares her side of the much-publicized 2008 altercation in Chapel Hill, and alleges there were multiple instances in which arguments led to him becoming physically violent with her. In one, “Riki started swinging at me like we were in a street fight. Over his screams, I could hear his fists hit my arms. I managed to block most of the punches, but one shot got me in the ribs. I began to gasp for air, but he didn’t stop.” In another, “Riki punched me right in the head.” “I think about that girl now, and it brings tears to my eyes. How did I get there? Why was this going on? Why wasn’t I strong enough, brave enough, to end this?”
    Nah he bashed her out her trainers.
    TAPS AFF!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simon, edited out my posts because I was being daft and sharing a lot more opinion than fact there which can be dumb in a situation like this.

However just to clarify, when I mean both were drunk I was just trying to set the scene of his argument - a drunk couple arguing loudly - not physical. i.e people being more likely to do that while drunk.

Secondly, regarding the blurring of a wrestling character - what I was getting at there was precisely your point about people filling in gaps based on preconceptions about someone - based partially on their perception of him as an 'unsafe worker' or whatever.

I completely agree with your post. I don't know the ins and outs, and its silly to go "well he's been lovely to me so I believe him" because that's blown up in peoples faces enough.
    Last edited by Slare; November 17th, 2017 at 9:11 AM.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: See above
    Last edited by Slare; November 17th, 2017 at 9:07 AM.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, ICW Fear and Loathing X was excellent - as was the show the night before at The Garage.

The show the night before at The Garage was packed and had a 'Raw after Mania' feel. Just complete fun from start to finish, big returns, dives off balconies, RVD popping up and 'The Carlos Valderrama invitational Battle Royal' including cocaine, half time oranges and a half time side swap. Show finished with the Dario G world cup theme, everyone in the ring and a total party in the crowd. Great fun.

Fear and Loathing was great in a different way. Everything delivered from an in-ring perspective and in a 4 hour show I (soberly) never felt it drag once.

Felt like a proper turning point for ICW here, with a lot of newer/younger guys coming through. One of the guys had said to me that Dallas gave a big speech about opportunity etc backstage, saying that all of the guy who build ICW were now either gone, or working a much safer, WWE type style and the like - but this newer generation were coming through and pushing the boundaries again. This weekend really lead to that theory, with guys like Ravie Davie, Krieger, Lou King Sharp, The Purge, Stevie Boy, Joe Hendry etc getting themselves to that next level.

Also, BT Gunn and Joe Coffey went 40 minutes and it was absolutely excellent. Would definitely reccomend checking the full show out but that was the stand out along with the Kings of Insanity 4-Way Death Match which was epic, brutal and mental.

What a week of wrestling I've seen. Love it.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    So that Progress Facebook page is up there with some of the most entitled cunts i've come across in a while.

Also some pure poison on there as well.

I checked it out after reading a bit about what HHH_Foley and Simon had said previously and didnt believe them tbh. Well quite frankly they are underplaying it.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a proper horror show.

Simon
    Why what's happened now? I saw something about a disabled person being insulted at yesterday's show, but that seemed fair enough/

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I avoid the page after shows cos I don't want 1 million spoilers.

Now I'm itching to read it.

God damnit!

Edit: Also:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    Well quite frankly they are underplaying it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Why what's happened now? I saw something about a disabled person being insulted at yesterday's show, but that seemed fair enough/
    A guy told a disabled girl "clearly this bitch knows nothing about wrestling" because she didnt give a standing ovation after a match. Disabled
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Simon
    Sorry when I said that it seemed fair enough, I meant the discussion...obviously I don't think calling disabled bitches and criticising them for not standing up is fair enough

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How very Kanye West of him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry when I said that it seemed fair enough, I meant the discussion...obviously I don't think calling disabled bitches and criticising them for not standing up is fair enough
    haha nah I got what you meant - the outrage and discussion on there is fair enough.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Shes right. Read some of the comments that disagree with he though...eeeesh.

But tbh I wasn't talking about anything specific the regulars just come across really cunty.
    TAPS AFF!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shes right. Read some of the comments that disagree with he though...eeeesh.

But tbh I wasn't talking about anything specific the regulars just come across really cunty.
    Someone actually complained about there being spoilers in the original post. Fucking hell.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Someone actually complained about there being spoilers in the original post. Fucking hell.
    Aye I saw that. what the fucking hell is wrong with them.
    TAPS AFF!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye I saw that. what the fucking hell is wrong with them.
    Then not only that, but after she was called out on it, went on to post a picture of the original tweet with the spoilers redacted as if to say "see, you could still have made your point without spoiling".

Fuck right up.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of a carry on over the weekend between my local indie and Matt Sydal ended working its way across the web.

Sydal "missed his flight" - and his agent claimed this was an "act of god" so refused to pay back the deposit (£1000) for it. Sydal said he could use it towards a future booking and the deposit was paid so the promoter could use his image to sell tickets.

The best part was that Scott Hall made the show, of all people.

Impact Wrestling paid the deposit back today, but the promoter (rightly or wrongly) called Sydal out online and spread the story all day yesterday. Lot of money to our wee feds I guess. He defo wont be working in Scotland any time soon
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'ts a curious one - BCW sell out all the time so clearly know what they are doing.

That said, £1000 just for a deposit for a guy of Sydal's level. British Feds are getting well and truly bumped by American cast-offs.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    You’d think it’d cost at least a grand in expenses alone for a US superstar to come over for a show. Presumably they do a few shows in a trip but it didn’t seem like that much to me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeezaTap View Post
    I'ts a curious one - BCW sell out all the time so clearly know what they are doing.

That said, £1000 just for a deposit for a guy of Sydal's level. British Feds are getting well and truly bumped by American cast-offs.
    Aye it runs EK and Kilmarnock 3 times a year, sells out (400/700) every time, but Graham who runs it loves an import. Probably doesn't need them, but he likes his legends and ex WWE guys coming in. They've had Carlito, MVP, Ospreay, Hardcore Holly and Scott Hall amongst other recently.

Sydal was last minute because WWE pulled Wolfgang and Pete Dunne from the show - likely wouldve been £1000 deposit and £1000 on the day with flights and hotel paid for too, which is about expected with that kind if import (Ryback is like $4000 I believe with flights/accom and Matt Hardy was £5000 last year). Personally, I would go without, bring in more UK names and bump everyone else's wage up a bit, but his USP is that he's the one in the west of Scotland that gets the big whacky imports in (TATANKA last year as well in fact) so fair enough.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Simon
    Anyone know much about this Daniel Adler chap? Sounds like he's been doing some naughty noncing.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea who it is. I thought I did but I was thinking it Daniel Ellis... Who is a nonse.

Simon
    This has blown up a bit with Strangler Davis now accused too. We've often wondered how many wrestlers would get exposed if the #metoo thing hit the WWE as it is a famously seedy industry...wondering if we might see a smaller scale over here now.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marty Scurll is a Nonce. Just throwing that out there, it's an open secret. By which I mean even I know that and I'm not part of the Britwres scene.

In news that's flown under the radar a Midlands wrestler known as Lord Graham Thomas has been revealed as a Nonce too.

Mike Bird has also been accused of sexual assault/rape by a former trainee.

Britwres is finally making an effort to clean up its act. It's a start but wrestling is built by scumbags for scumbags.

Simon
    I've read a few things vaguely accusing Marty, anything specific? The Lord Graham Thomas stuff is fuuuuuuucked

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't be that specific. I'm not really in the loop myself. The people who are, know. They don't need to say the specifics, and if they do have fun getting brigaded by fans. The people that aren't in the know can however pick up on what they imply. That Marty Scurll fucks 15 year olds.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wrestling industry is outrageously scummy, historically. There's certainly a can of worms to be opened there. Marty Jannetty for one brags about "the boys" drugging girls and violating them back in the coke-filled glory days. Jerry Lawler being a paedo was pretty much a running joke of the Attitude era. Hogan's a racist. Austin beat his wife. Warrior was a racist, homophobic lunatic. Shawn Michaels was a piece of shit. The stories of the "ring rats" are just appalling throughout the years, young, impressionable, vulnerable women getting exploited, and openly. "Different time" and all that, but morals are morals and a great deal of these guys are terrible humans.

Simon
    #LEGENDS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When men were men, out all night raping teenagers.

The Rosk
    Last edited by The Rosk; June 24th, 2020 at 4:00 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Dynamite Kid woke his wife up with a gun to her head.

Simon
    Callum Leslie has the look of a man who would overstep the mark given half a chance.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    So, 5 Star Wrestling starts on February 1st on FreeSports and is THREE hours every week. This can't go well, can it? I heard ticket sales are poor, which is hardly surprising all things considered with the short history of the company.

But I'll tune in for the first live show. I am rather intrigued. I see this being an utter car crash, but you never know. I mean, there has to be considerable money behind this thing.

Simon
    Bubblegum has been exposed now as part of the wrestling sexual abuse campaign. Although from what I've read he doesn't seem to have done anything wrong legally, and I'm not sure what 'duty of care' rules apply to wrestling schools either. Seems to me he's what would previously have been described as just a wrongun, too old to be hanging around with teenage girls but they're the only ones who are impressed by whatever shit he says, morally wrong but not in a way that anyone can reasonably expect charges (although that's based purely on this one case).

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Bubblegum has been exposed now as part of the wrestling sexual abuse campaign. Although from what I've read he doesn't seem to have done anything wrong legally, and I'm not sure what 'duty of care' rules apply to wrestling schools either. Seems to me he's what would previously have been described as just a wrongun, too old to be hanging around with teenage girls but they're the only ones who are impressed by whatever shit he says, morally wrong but not in a way that anyone can reasonably expect charges (although that's based purely on this one case).
    I'm guessing the duty of care would relate to working with people under 16.

Simon
    I'm sure there's something beyond that, for example presumably teachers aren't allowed to fuck sixth formers...but none of that would apply to wrestling schools I would have thought.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    So, 5 Star Wrestling starts on February 1st on FreeSports and is THREE hours every week. This can't go well, can it? I heard ticket sales are poor, which is hardly surprising all things considered with the short history of the company.

But I'll tune in for the first live show. I am rather intrigued. I see this being an utter car crash, but you never know. I mean, there has to be considerable money behind this thing.
    If they've got RVD and Rey Mysterio then I'll tune in.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    As long as RVD isn't doing the 'RVD' thumbs after every bloody move, I'm in.

That goes for Mysterio too actually. Seeing him trying to set up a 619 about 619 times a match I can also do without.

I'm hoping these are just things WWE had them doing.

Simon

Sebastian is the fucking don. As much as they are theoretically fighting for a good cause, I cannot stand the self-righteousness of a lot of the girl gang Twitter mob, I've said before about what a preening, entitled arsehole Suzy seems to be, and this Penny is not far behind. I cannot wait to see them attempt to explain this away.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    She won't see it she has him muted

From her twitter she seems a cunt.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia

Sebastian is the fucking don. As much as they are theoretically fighting for a good cause, I cannot stand the self-righteousness of a lot of the girl gang Twitter mob, I've said before about what a preening, entitled arsehole Suzy seems to be, and this Penny is not far behind. I cannot wait to see them attempt to explain this away.
    They are absolutely fucking awful.

Simon
    It's a hard issue to come at because it would be so easy to just come across as a men's right cunt whinging about feminazis (I was going to describe the group as feminists purely because it's the most obvious, specific description to let people know who I'm talking about, but decided not to for this reason). But yeah they seem to be complete dickheads, turning everything into a self-aggrandising thing for their movement, to the extent that the supposed point of the movement doesn't really seem to be the priority.

Presumably their hearts are in the right place, but they come across so badly. Gotch seems to have completely blanked that tweet so far (she has Sebastian muted, but there's no way she won't be aware of it), presumably hoping if she ignores it it will go away. I hope it doesn't, because it exposes the rank hypocrisy - not because she's a sexual deviant as well, obviously she isn't based purely on some stupid photo of her slapping someone's arse, but because it highlights how unreasonable it is to scream sexual harassment about any idiot who mildly oversteps the mark at a show without realising they're doing it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throw Sanjay Bagga of LDN Wrestling on the 'noncing' pile. Turns out he's been sexually assaulting underage trainees for years.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Jesus.

Got a good sense of humour though

Last edited by Ringo; January 26th, 2018 at 5:03 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...wow...

...in happier news, PROGRESS have announced joint-shows in Austrailia.. which is exciting for them.

Also excited for the big Manchester show going on sale soooooooooooon... Especially after I entirely forgot about Birmingham tickets because I was at work I could get standing but t'other half doesn't stand for long.

The Rosk
    Quite surprised nobody is watching this absolutely incredible and well-attended 5 Star Wrestling show.

Classy new Stevie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Cultaholic YouTube video looking at Progress.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...in happier news, PROGRESS have announced joint-shows in Austrailia.. which is exciting for them.
    Sydney in April

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Quite surprised nobody is watching this absolutely incredible and well-attended 5 Star Wrestling show.
    I am recording the morning repeat, Can't wait.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I watched the first 2 hours. Will watch the rest some time.

The first match was a 5 way and they all came down to the same music.

Rey was back wearing the full body suit, which I thought a little odd. I mean, he's in good shape, as we all know.

Nothing really stood out. The main commentator, who's been around for years, is just a massive dork.

I liked Rey's opponent, Zach Gibson? Strong promo on the way to the ring, made reference to the Brits having the same generic music, the 'Yanks' getting preferential treatment etc.

From what I saw it could have been a lot worse.

Simon
    Gibson is brilliant, one of the most over people on the British circuit.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I'll tune in to see more of him.

There appeared to be some crowd trouble at a couple of points too.

Jody Fleisch is up next in a tag match. I was blown away by a ladder match he had with Jonny Storm back in 2001 at a gym in Becontree. I was front row with my Mum.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even know it was on. what channel?

Simon
    Freesports 422, the HOME of technically excellent but appallingly-produced wrestling in front of less people than will attend Dynamite Kid's funeral.

The Rosk
    Freesports.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I'll tune in to see more of him.

There appeared to be some crowd trouble at a couple of points too.

Jody Fleisch is up next in a tag match. I was blown away by a ladder match he had with Jonny Storm back in 2001 at a gym in Becontree. I was front row with my Mum.
    I once saw Jonny Storm in a supermarket after a show he did at Rockley Park holiday camp in Poole back in 2000 (where I was staying obvs). I didn't want to interrupt him and say hi though as the man was buying groceries

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freesports 422, the HOME of technically excellent but appallingly-produced wrestling in front of less people than will attend Dynamite Kid's funeral.
    Oh no I'm with Virgin so I can never watch. OH NO

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Tickets for their Birmingham show with RVD are £30 or £45. I'd have gone at half that price but even if you put it in the NEC it's still bingo hall wrestling.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    VIP tickets were £160 last night.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I heard Carlito cut a promo to the effect of all 5 people being there to see them

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.

Just caught up on this thread after a month.

- I love Sebastian and his callling out of the feminists in wrestling, completely agree with everything Simon said in the issue.

- Progress announced Melbourne the day I leave there, the missus has said she's happy to change our flights (we have one of those flexi passes so it's free) to stay for another night or two if I want to go. That'll be fun

- Theres a prominent Scottish wrestling nonce coming soon according to that britwrescrusader twitter account. I have no idea who it is but a few ideas. So that will be interesting.

Anyway, hope everyone is well!
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if Rockstar Spud is GM of 205 live and was on RAW.

He's only been wrestling for a year or so... It wasn't long ago he had graduated to ring-crew at PROGRESS, bless him.

The Rosk
    Hi.

Just caught up on this thread after a month.

- I love Sebastian and his callling out of the feminists in wrestling, completely agree with everything Simon said in the issue.

- Progress announced Melbourne the day I leave there, the missus has said she's happy to change our flights (we have one of those flexi passes so it's free) to stay for another night or two if I want to go. That'll be fun

- Theres a prominent Scottish wrestling nonce coming soon according to that britwrescrusader twitter account. I have no idea who it is but a few ideas. So that will be interesting.

Anyway, hope everyone is well!
    You're not prominent mate.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noncesense
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Simon
    fffffffffffffff rosk

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    First hour of 5 Star this week was good. Tag title opener was very good. And Zach Gibson continues to impress.

The main commentator is a bit annoying, but he is knowledgeable.

I’ll watch the rest later. Ropes a touch tighter this week.

Also quite enjoyed PJ Black against Ryan. Ryan’s gimmick is embarrassing though.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bate Vs ZSJ was an absolute belter last night at PROGRESS Ch63. Had a little bit of everything, match of the night by a distance for me.

RIP Mark Davis' chest. Yowzer.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PROGRESS mentioned on the main page... Glen can retire now.

(p.s. this has probably happened before I just never saw it / have a shite memory, this thread could do with a bump anyway. Lads? Lads.......?)

So.. Travis Banks, PROGRESS champ, dividing opinion on him kicking out of whatever-the-fuck he wants. I find the rage about this hilarious.

Simon
    Sebastian winding up the British wrestling community makes me laugh so much.

Your favourite indy wrestler stays for the post show drinks and fingers green haired fatties, with mental health issues, in the venue toilets, talking about how tight he is with Regal.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PROGRESS mentioned on the main page... Glen can retire now.
    Oh yeah? That's pretty cool. I'll have a look now.

Any of you guys going to be around in NOLA?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ticket booked for the Melbourne Progress show (as well as a flight change as I was meant to be leaving Australia that night). Very much looking forward to that - venue looks gorgeous from the pictures I've seen online and looks a proper strong group heading over. April will be some month for you Glen and co, Jesus Christ.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    5 Star has gone bust, apparently. No surprise there. I watched the first 3 and a half weeks, but just couldn't get into it. And I saw it wasn't on last week, so figured all had gone tits up.

It was fighting a losing battle from the start of their TV deal, to be fair. They already had a rotten reputation.

Maybe now FreeSports can get something decent to replace it.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Agashshahsahsahsahsahsahshasha.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Agashshahsahsahsahsahsahshasha.
    I thought you might be pleased.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well not pleased that guys have lost the work. But it was so fucking entirely predictable after last years farce, And part blaming the MEN Arena attack? Nah not having that, Fucking scum.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if Glen is intentionally making lols on commentary but describe a Rampage Brown chop as "like getting run over by a side of bacon...... it's fleshy and it fucking hurts!" Is my new-new favourite.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Update from WON on the UK show.

There’s a lot of movement going on behind-the-scenes when it comes to the often-delayed U.K. project. WWE does have a date booked in December in Margate, Kent and may have others. It should be noted that they’ve had a lot of dates booked for U.K. TV tapings and have canceled them quietly. However, they have renewed all the key contracts of the U.K. guys. The “big five,” which they consider as Trent Seven, Tyler Bate, Pete Dunne, Wolfgang and Mark Andrews were believed to have gotten better deals, in at least one case from $20,000 a year to $50,000. They also just signed Zack Gibson, and it was for the U.K. project and not for NXT. The idea is still to do tapings and run a U.K. based promotion, and eventually open a training center with the idea of bringing U.K. trainers to Florida (like Johnny Moss already did) to teach them how WWE wants people trained and have them run it. Marty Jones did a Q&A and actually brought up this which was supposed to have been kept quiet. There is nothing at all new on the ITV front. If ITV were to make a move, it would speed up the process. Gibson was the top U.K. guy on the 5 Star show, which made him valuable because WWE doesn’t want any TV promotion getting off the ground and wants to dominate the indie scene with its relationships with ICW and Progress. Gibson was told what promotions he can still work for and which ones he can’t, with 5 Star being the key one that he can’t

In the U.K. dressing rooms the word has been passed around that Joe Coffey has signed a U.K. deal, but Coffey himself has personally denied it. The problem is the immediate counter is that he has to say that until WWE announces it, but as a story, this has already spread in different places

Delighted for Gibson he has been killing it on the indies for fucking ages and totally deserves it. I am very unsurprised to see Coffey signed as well, class act.

Hoping we see a wee bit of movement on this over the year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am always trying to drop in low-key lols to replace the now-deceased sporadic screaming.

Not sure if Glen is intentionally making lols on commentary but describe a Rampage Brown chop as "like getting run over by a side of bacon...... it's fleshy and it fucking hurts!" Is my new-new favourite.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ticket booked for the Melbourne Progress show (as well as a flight change as I was meant to be leaving Australia that night). Very much looking forward to that - venue looks gorgeous from the pictures I've seen online and looks a proper strong group heading over. April will be some month for you Glen and co, Jesus Christ.
    See you there

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/978314561781747713

Strong Style Evolved UK. Considering going to the Manchester show BUT apparently NJPW also have another cross promotion show booked the same weekend so it remains to be seen who will be on which show, Also apparently Kenny will be at some convention or something.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Any other weekend and I'd have been there with bells on. That weekend is absolutely no use to me though

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestleman...al-tournaments

Mandrews Vs Gibson

"In addition, the session will feature a WWN Championship Match, a PROGRESS Women’s Championship Match, a PROGRESS Championship Match, a PROGRESS Tag Team Championship match and much more!"

Much more clearly means Glen Vs Shane McMahon, winner faces KO and Zayn at WM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rematch at the WWE UK Tournament?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ok then.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    https://www.facebook.com/roy.bevis.1...3eWwLaplVsopMo

ITV and Epic have royally shafted the Knights. I recommend watching the whole thing, Except Mike obvs as this is serious stuff and 'Wayyyy scummy family' doesn't cut it here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, WWE could give a shit what Chris Herohno does, could they?

Even though that is pretty awesome. Any idea of who he's working?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dogg View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/roy.bevis.1...3eWwLaplVsopMo

ITV and Epic have royally shafted the Knights. I recommend watching the whole thing, Except Mike obvs as this is serious stuff and 'Wayyyy scummy family' doesn't cut it here.
    Zero sympathy from me.

The male members of this family are utter cunts.

- - - Updated - - -

and they eat swans. pikey fucks.