User Tag List

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: British Wrestling

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Enjoy Peter let us know how sabu gets on a bit concerned about his addictions and age not letting him last long at the same match at icw.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Will do. Yeh I know what you mean, Im expecting more of a hardcore spotfest more than anything, But knowing how much of a nutjob Sabu is and what little I know of Havoc it should be pretty mental.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Yeah I'm incredibly excited for the match not quite as much as I am for grado vs cabana but!

For any one not going to DAVES NOT HERE! This video should sway you!!!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeh well Cabana would be great to see but he's not booked on any Notts shows . I dont really know too much about the rest of the talent (bar Lethal and Super Crazy), though I have heard good things about Zack Sabre and Tommy End.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tommy End's tag team (Sumerian Death Squad) are pretty top class.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's genuinely brilliant himself.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well that was a awesome night, And soooooo different from a WWE show that im used to. Only about 250 (at a guess) people, but was a fucking amazing atmosphere as everyone was so close to the action. Somehow seemed louder than a WWE event not sure how. Anyone as for the matches. Loved every single match! They were all good/great WRESTLING matches though the main event was different yet still excellent, The fact that it was Sabu vs Havoc should give away how it was different.

Anyway ill give a brief recap of each match.

MK McKINNAN v EL LIGERO v PETE DUNNE was a great choice for a opener, Really set the crowd up for the rest of night. I cant remember if Dunne or Mckinnan won but it was one of the two as the winner definitely wasnt wearing a mask

RJ SINGH & HUNTER BROTHERS v MARTIN KIRBY & THE PREDATORS. Great 6 man tag with lots of stiff kicks and fast paced action. Kirby and The predators win after Singh gets distracted from falling out with his team mates.

Mark Haskins v Darrell Allen. When Haskins was greating fans before the match he accidentally knocked a guys hot dog and he spilled sauce and onion all down himself, Haskins apologises end of right? No. The guys mother gets right in his face, Picks up there stuff and leaves. This of course leads to a chorus of 'hotdog haskins' and other witty chants throughout the match. Haskins picks up the win after a good back and forth match.

STIXX v SUPERCRAZY.Good match and Super Crazy was over as fuck. Great crowd interaction from him helped. I was SLIGHTLY dissapointed in the type of match it turned out to be. But was still a good, hard hitting match. The only point of disappointment was the fact I was remembering the Super Crazy from ECW and all the insane shit he used to do with Tajiri etc. But due to how he has 'developed' he has had to alter his style drastically. See for yourselves.

After intermission there was some naff arm wrestling match between a manager and the ring announcer,whatever.

JAY LETHAL(c) v ROBBIE X. Fucking amazing match for the speedy king title. Stiff as fuck chops and kicks from both (everyone seemed to be working stiff). Lethal wins with the top rope elbow.

WXW Title match
    TOMMY END(c) v ZACK SABRE JNR. Good match that was really building..when End wins with some submission that caught everyone off guard and feeling deflated as could of been fantastic.

SABU v JIMMY HAVOC. Hardcore rules (well duh) main event. Never seen anything like it live. Soon went to the outside and majority of the crowd just ended up standing around the action for the rest of the match, the crowd were going mental for everything here. Sabu wins with arabian face crusher through a table.

As for how Sabu was, as per Mikes request. He looked in great shape, doesnt appear to have missed a step and was 'vintage sabu' if you well. Wasnt any barbed wire or anything but the guys knocking fifty cant expect him to be slicing his limbs half off anymore. But all in all in good shape. Only botch was when he took him 3 attempts to do the run over the chair, onto the ropes and dive onto the floor spot as he couldnt get his balance the first two times. In his defense though the ropes did look unstable at best.

Finally Glen, You neednt of worried about Havoc, he was fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an irrational dislike of Jimmy Havoc - something about him (not his wrestling ability) just rubs me up the wrong way for some reason.

Anyways, I am so pumped for Sunday it's unreal.

We doing this bloody meet-up or what?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Well who else is going. I'll meet you for a drink when I'm in there no bother. How are yous all getting back from Edinburgh? Is there a high possibility I won't get on the train if I'm steaming?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by GeezaTap View Post
    I have an irrational dislike of Jimmy Havoc - something about him (not his wrestling ability) just rubs me up the wrong way for some reason.

Anyways, I am so pumped for Sunday it's unreal.

We doing this bloody meet-up or what?
    He seems like a nice enough bloke to me, Not sure what your issue is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going with my Non-Rajah mate. I think the trains are on til 1.30am back to Glass-Cow so no probs there.

As long as you're upright you should get on a train no probs. Will be better than the bus as well as they get right nippy on a bus if you have a kebab etc.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't get a ticket annoyingly so fuck that
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, Super Crazy is a bit of a fat fucker now, isn't he?

Was he even able to do a moonsault?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yes, He also managed to clear the ref and hit a running summersault over the top to the outside. He also took a bite of a fans hotdog five minutes in , But that was due to the crowd chanting 'eat the hotdog'.

Sounds a weird chant but there was a 'incident' in the previous match involving Mark Haskins (explained above)

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    British Pro Wrestling is 95% complete bullshit and not worth bothering with. The other 5% is cool in a very small time kinda way, however you've got to really search for it, and that search isn't really worth it compared to what you find. Yeah, British Pro Wrestling just isn't worth bothering with in general I guess.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    95% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Looking at how popular Glen's "Progress" seems to be, and Colt Cabana coming over, and Sabu, and Jay Lethal it seems British Wrestling is doing alright for itself... Sure, there'll be more "low key" feds but without grassroot support they wont get to the point others have... so embrace independent wrestling in your own backyard. It might not be around forever.

Plus, there's a few British talent coming through TNA and WWE now... So British Wrestling must work at some level... Somewhere...

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, 95% of statistics are probably made up on the spot, especially as I just made up that last statistic! Nah. although that isn't an official statistic drawn from months of research. It is definitely what I've found.

The thing is, yeah, your (100%) right in that British wrestling does bring over a lot of stars from the U.S. and also produces a lot of stars, which go to TNA and WWE. However, there does not seem to be a single company that grows their own stars (and keep them) and builds their own fan base.

It's very much the case that wrestlers in Britain only aim to go to the U.S and see British wrestling as a stepping stone. Like wise so do the promoters of British wrestling, it makes their company look good if they can say they've had one of their stars go over to WWE etc. Instead of being angry that they've lost one of their big stars to a rival company.

No British wrestling company seems to be doing their own thing. They all seem to be looking in the same direction. Not to mention the sheer amount of backstabbing and bitchiness that goes on.

The companies that do try and do their own thing, they are too tiny to feature on anyone's radar and if they are, it's only to be mocked by the other people in the British wrestling industry.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch PROGRESS Wrestling.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    And Southside, though I am biased. There is some fucking amazing stuff going on, on the British circuit.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's look at a cold fact now though: There will not be a "British WWE/TNA" for the forseeable future. Why? Because of America and Japan. How is this relevant? Well...

The big money is abroad, so stars don't want to stay. It's like playing the conference for football. You're their best player, you have an amazing season and they finish 8th - so don't get promoted. Another team (RoH/DG/TNA) offers you a spot on their team a league or so up in skill level. You take it, because you want to be a Premiership player and your conference team won't be doing that for years - if ever.

Not only the money abroad, the opportunities are abroad. If you're sat here in Britain you might get a call, one day, from WWE or Japan but you're probably more likely to get that call if you get off your ass and go to America and bust your ass and hone your skills over there. Though I think they do try-outs over here, don't they?

So yeah, British promotions struggle, or tread water and do the same thing - because the same thing works for them. And they're probably happy not to be going under given wrestling took a downturn and the recession. That's no reason to slag them off though. They just don't have the 'pull power' of American or Japanese markets but with the support of their home fans, they increase it - gradually.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know. It's because no one ever invests any serious money in the British wrestling industry. Also I agree that in this harsh economic time it's not wise to invest loads of money in something, which has too strict a competition, especially with pro wrestling not being in a 'boom' period at the moment.

The main thing though is just how dodgy the pro wrestling industry is in Britain. I don't know how dodgy and seedy it is in the U.S. though in Britain it's horrendous. Hence, why I wouldn't blame any serious investors/business people to take the gamble. They have to work with such petty low life cunts!

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Japan's pro wrestling industry was built on the back of a man who was assassinated by the Yakuza with a piss soaked knife while he was a national hero. So yeah, it's pretty seedy everywhere.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is the world of pro wrestling so fucked up then? I've never understood why.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was founded by carnies, built on secrecy and separated into competing kingdoms with loosely defined borders and a limited talent pool.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it's the entertainment industry, full of fuckups and weirdos.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    It was founded by carnies, built on secrecy and separated into competing kingdoms with loosely defined borders and a limited talent pool.
    Yeah, but over time why hasn't that all changed, especially the more people know how it all works and the less and less secret it's become?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    And it's the entertainment industry, full of fuckups and weirdos.
    Very very true! Couldn't agree more.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Satire Satyr View Post
    Yeah, but over time why hasn't that all changed, especially the more people know how it all works and the less and less secret it's become?
    The end of kayfabe isn't what changed things in Japan. In fact, as American wrestling understands it, there never was any. What changed in Japanese wrestling was simply that talented men and women were determined to learn and bring this to their country, and they chipped away at it until they did. The industry there rises and falls like it does everywhere, and British wrestling has been in a deep valley since the Big Daddy boom year in the 80s, but that doesn't mean that it won't come around again.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's get some British PPVs and do a Cewsh Reviews special. If that doesn't get it back on TV, what will?!

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Glen and I have actually arranged for me to review a recent PROGRESS Wrestling show, and I'm interviewing him about PROGRESS and about the British wrestling scene in general. I'll fully admit that my knowledge of wrestling over there is miserably slim, and I really strive to make Cewsh Reviews an international blog. So after this, I'd be more than happy to do a British special edition.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to find the British equivalent of "Legend and Icons".

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to find the British equivalent of "Legend and Icons".
    YES.

That's a task for all the British posters. Try and find a copy of the worst British wrestling show you possibly can, and I will review the fuck out of it.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Let's get some British PPVs and do a Cewsh Reviews special. If that doesn't get it back on TV, what will?!
    They are filming some new World Of Sport soon so British Wrestling is coming back to tv

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I heard someone else say that... I suppose that's gunna be good. I can imagine that, if it was on TV, a lot of casual wrestling fans of WWE/TNA would go. I know I would. Not to say I wouldn't go if it was on now... but everytime i've looked into wrestling shows in the Yorkshire area it's not been that inspiring.

They should do it in Sheffield and I'll be the British version of Takerson. *gets out muffins cookbook*

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's always a hint/rumour/buzz that British wrestling is about to come back on TV and into the mainstream popular culture. It never leads anywhere. There was a British Wrestling promotion on TV a little while ago called UKW. It was on a channel called MyChannel, a community channel where people pay to show their stuff. I don't know if it's still going on, it was all right, though really small time.

I've seen a bit of PROGRESS Wrestling and it looks very similar to Premier Promotions. It looks okay as a small time promotion with it's own local audience. Though it's certainly not about to change the face of British wrestling as we know it. Also I got the impression it's trying to be like ROH. I've actually met some of the guys of PROGRESS and they seemed really nice. I was quite surprised as so many people who run promotions in Britain are such arrogant deluded egomaniacal cunts!

How many of you guys can actually name British wrestlers on the British wrestling scene (who aren't known elsewhere)?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Of course we can name the wrestlers. Glen helps run progress so I assume he must know a fair few. What a fucking stupid question.

Daves not here - ICW Edinburgh was fuckig class. Going to see Kong in September which I am hugely excited about.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's always a hint/rumour/buzz that British wrestling is about to come back on TV and into the mainstream popular culture. It never leads anywhere. There was a British Wrestling promotion on TV a little while ago called UKW. It was on a channel called MyChannel, a community channel where people pay to show their stuff. I don't know if it's still going on, it was all right, though really small time.
    If it's being funded by the people who run it to produce the TV show to show on the channel... then of course it'll be small time. They wont get ad revenue, will they?

I've seen a bit of PROGRESS Wrestling and it looks very similar to Premier Promotions. It looks okay as a small time promotion with it's own local audience. Though it's certainly not about to change the face of British wrestling as we know it.
    Again, we're not in the USA, British Wrestling wont change overnight and have a new WWE this time next week.

Also I got the impression it's trying to be like ROH.
    Is that a bad thing, since ROH is fairly respectable from what I gather and puts on decent shows with a good fanbase?

I've actually met some of the guys of PROGRESS and they seemed really nice. I was quite surprised as so many people who run promotions in Britain are such arrogant deluded egomaniacal cunts!
    Shocking, not everyone is the same

How many of you guys can actually name British wrestlers on the British wrestling scene (who aren't known elsewhere)?
    Grado...

.... GRADO.

That's like saying to people "how many japanese wresters can you name?" I can name about 3 .. and that's only cos Cewsh/Defrost bang on about them. Maybe 4. Does that mean Japanese wrestling is shit/unknown? Not necessarily.. it's just not my cup of tea (how wonderfully English of me).

I'm not trying to have a go at you but your opinion on British Wrestling is kind of ... well it sucks. It's so dismissive and negative.. you ignore the core aspect of it all. It needs to grow. To grow it needs support. Support it. Stop shitting on it. Because it wont change tomorrow, or next week, or even next year -- hell, it might take another decade before people really pay attention to it and even then the US scene will probably trump it... I'm not sure what exactly it is you want, aside from to be negative.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeh I really dont know where this guy is coming from. British Wrestling has been on the up slowly but surely for a good few years. Obviously not in a 'boom period' but it is most definitely coming along nicely.

As for the tv deal for World of sport it has been confirmed that new episodes are to be filmed.

Wrestlers people may not of heard of is a tricky one as who's to say who's heard of them?

RJ singh,Alex Shane, Noam Dar, Pac Paige, Jody Fleisch, Jonny Storm, Doug Williams, Desmond Wolfe, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Spud. These are names that are currently on, have been or have come up through the british circuit to WWE/TNA. There must be something going right for that pool of talent to exist. And thats not even mentioning some of the awesome new talent I saw the other week, Exciting times ahead, Stop being such a Victor Meldrew my man.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gripe is that British wrestling has been promiscing this big revival for so many years now, without any real evidence as to why it would happen. The only reason seems to be because it used to be big in the 70's and 80's, so it will be again.

It's not a bad thing that PROGRESS is like ROH though it's not a good thing either. It's just another British wrestling promotion doing what the promotions in the U.S. are doing.

Has Alex Shane ever wrestled for TNA or WWE? I've always been under the impression he's like the only known name who hasn't.

I don't think there are particularly exciting times ahead, I think British wrestling is going to be exactly the same in the next ten years as it has been in the last ten years.

Do yourselves a favour and don't get your hopes up. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

M'kay.

Anyway, some dude is selling a boat load of FWA and such dvds on ebay... but theres like 7 days left and it's already at £15.. disappointing.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeh im not sure why Alex Shane is on that list, Though he deserves a lot of recognition for the work he is doing behind the scenes to get British wrestling on the up.
    Dude, It already is on the up, You only have to look at the number of new promotions that are springing up that are able to attract top indy US and European talent to see it most definitely is on the rise. If you cant see that then you have a very scewed view on the issue and their is obviously no changing your mind on the issue despite what everyone else says, So I guess I will leave it at that.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do yourselves a favour and don't get your hopes up. Don't say you haven't been warned.
    What a load of shit.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Kay Lee Ray has an unfortunate face sadly for her cause she is pretty fucking good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the fuck is this Satyre Satire and what is he on about?

British wrestling is stronger than it's been since the 80's easily.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Slare's sock account, isn't it Slare?

It's Yerself, It's Yerself, It's Yerself!

Anyways, for all you fellow Gradophiles, he is going to be in a sitcom

He is going to be in Robert Florence's (writer for Chewin' The Fat, starred in Burnistoun) new sitcom.

Just think, we can be Grado Hipsters.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gripe is that British wrestling has been promiscing this big revival for so many years now, without any real evidence as to why it would happen. The only reason seems to be because it used to be big in the 70's and 80's, so it will be again.

It's not a bad thing that PROGRESS is like ROH though it's not a good thing either. It's just another British wrestling promotion doing what the promotions in the U.S. are doing.

Has Alex Shane ever wrestled for TNA or WWE? I've always been under the impression he's like the only known name who hasn't.

I don't think there are particularly exciting times ahead, I think British wrestling is going to be exactly the same in the next ten years as it has been in the last ten years.

What utter bollocks.

British Wrestling hasn't been this strong since the 80's and never since the demise of World of Sport. There are so many areas now covered by a mulititude of different indies who are doing well, drawing crowds and making money. As has been pointed out, Scotland especially is doing incredibly well. ICW is growing by the day and I'm more than a little jealous it's so far away.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    It's Slare's sock account, isn't it Slare?

It's Yerself, It's Yerself, It's Yerself!

Anyways, for all you fellow Gradophiles, he is going to be in a sitcom

He is going to be in Robert Florence's (writer for Chewin' The Fat, starred in Burnistoun) new sitcom.

Just think, we can be Grado Hipsters.
    Saw them tweeting photos yesterday. Can't wait to see what they come up with. GRADO is a star waiting to happen. His match with Cabana is one of the greatest pieces of entertainment i've ever seen full stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GRADO in caps like he's a Japanese heel.

Can't wait for WESTEND GRADO to heel it up after he is famous.

You going to ICW at Maryhill Mike? PM me and we'll have a pint first.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahhaha I just seen Grado's new hair. I fucking love him so much. GRADO
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice to see so much discussion on British wrestling in general to be honest. Me, Jon and Jim are lucky at PROGRESS in that we we're not one person booking shows. Sometimes, that can be very dangerous when you become so insular in mindset and also, a lot of bookers in the past have been workers too. (My research into US independents, and by that I don't mean ROH or PWG, I mean, "Bumblefuck Arkansas Wrestling Alliance" or something similar, leads me to the old Watts' conclusion... keep you and your own on top.)

Ultimately, ourselves and ICW are in a very good position at present. Regular shows, sell outs, a hardcore fan base, financially stable, and at the other end of the UK from one another, but the one thing we at PROGRESS, in particular, don't have at the moment, is a TV deal. Luckily we all work in the entertainment industry and so negotiations and ideas about that are ongoing, however, without TV, you don't have as much value (see Eric Bischoff on purchasing wCw without the airtime). We're an independent organisation, booking shows around other people's availability and conjunction within our storylines and plans. It's not always easy. Two of our top talents are teachers. Only 3 or 4 guys I know in the entire country are out and out "professional" wrestlers, in that they don't have to take another job to subsidise their income from wrestling. It's a tough slog, and sometimes, financially these guys have to do Butlins or Pontins for a week for All Star, 3 shows a day in front of varying crowds of indifference or manicness, just to survive financially. That obviously ties them up and makes it difficult for them to take bookings as an independent contractor. Saying that, we get people offering to work for free, just because they love working for PROGRESS so much. I understand that people don't understand this outside of the business, but we cant offer someone a guaranteed contract. We can't pay someone a retainer. We are working from the ground up to try and restore some beauty, grandeur, professionalism and popularity into British wrestling, but it's a slog. There's been a lot of damage done by some people who will of course remain nameless, over the last dozen or so years. It came from the Carnivals, but it doesn't have to be about that anymore. It doesn't have to be so shady. At least not where we're concerned.

I do take umbrage at the viewpoint that we're "just doing what the US indies are doing" however. We're showcasing BRITISH talent, with a distinctly European/Japanese strong style edge, in a very smart environment, with a stand up comedian as our MC, in one of the most renowned metal clubs in Britain, allowing our talent to work as stiff as they feel comfortable, whilst using storylines which are adult enough in content to keep the smart fans happy without insulting their intelligence, and engaging enough that the casual fan will be able to keep track. All the while, when all the lowest common denominator see is (heaven forbid) TNA, or more likely, WWE, on in the corner of their local bar on a friday night, or when they're channel surfing, drunk, at 1am on a Monday, it's very hard to get people interested in a product which looks inferior in production, because, frankly, it is. We don't have the cash for pyro, explosions and trons... and ultimately that's what it's about to the casual viewer. We know this, which is why it's going to take some time to grow.

BUT, wrestling can be beautiful, entertaining, engaging, and really, really fun without all the pyro etc. But that's why I watch NJPW. Because I appreciate a Malbec. Sometimes, I just want one glass of Malbec. Don't get me wrong, sometimes, I'll happily nail a bottle or two of Merlot when I want to get hammered on the cheap, but when I find a glass of wine I really like, one glass is enough, because I appreciate every sip that much more.

I'm sure I don't need to explain the analogy. I'm proud to be involved in the company I'm involved in. Other people's companies are their business. And Southside, IPW:UK, Fight Club Pro, 4FW et al are all trying to do what we can. Make wrestling fun again.

And ultimately, as a fan, isn't that what it's all about?

The Rosk
    Went to PROGRESS yesterday and it was absolutely amazing. It made me laugh, genuinely amazed by the wrestling on show and utterly shocked at a turn in the storyline that floored the entire smart audience. Genius booking and fantastic wrestling throughout.

Tickets I think went on sale about a second ago so if there are any UK fans out there who want to join me and Alf, get on it asap. It sold out in a day last time and after this Sunday, it's going to go even faster.

Well done Glen lad, absolutely brilliant stuff.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    What did you think of grado?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Rosk you wanker! What did you think of grado?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's not surpassed Barrowman in his affections then it was a wasted trip for Grado.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    ROSK YOU FUCKER WHAT DID YOU THINK OF GRADO???

anyone going to Icw tomorrow? Looking forward to seeing Noam, the unsanctioned match (lionheart return to the ring?!), rhyno and Tripple threat tag looks good too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing as Grado is booked for the next Progress show, he must have made a good impression.

How did you find ICW on Sunday Mike? I enjoyed it, although they need to screw the nut with the rough edges. The finish to the Noam Dar/Wild match was a shambles, and I left at 11.15 just as the main event was starting so I could get a bus up the road.

It would be awesome if they ran on Saturdays so they can overrun without too much fuss.

Grumbles aside, I love me some Sumerian Death Squad.

The Rosk
    Grado was fun.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Seeing as Grado is booked for the next Progress show, he must have made a good impression.

How did you find ICW on Sunday Mike? I enjoyed it, although they need to screw the nut with the rough edges. The finish to the Noam Dar/Wild match was a shambles, and I left at 11.15 just as the main event was starting so I could get a bus up the road.

It would be awesome if they ran on Saturdays so they can overrun without too much fuss.

Grumbles aside, I love me some Sumerian Death Squad.
    I thought it was a good show despite their technical difficulties. The crowd love themselves a bit too much sometimes as well and mark Dallas is a clown.

As as always I think the intermission and band are completely pointless, get rid of them now. I would also argue that they could probably trim a match or two and by doing so they would avoid the overrun/people leaving early for transport.

Anyway, lovely to see Noam dar back what a talent he is. Next scottish superstar I hope. The triple treat tag was my favourite of the night by far. S.d.s are a couple of brutes and the Bucky boys are ridiculously good fun. Grado promo was hilarious, hope they put it online so we can see it in full. The main event was blood filled and a great watch. Great to lionheart and red lightning back as well. Red lightning is such a good heel and the finish suggests he's going to end up going mental at Wolfgang and lionheart.

Had ad a great night again though. All the scottish posters/those who would be willing to travel should 100% be supporting this promotion now.

Sold more tickets than tna!!!! Lol!!!!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bloody love ICW but fucking hate that my football team usually plays Sunday evenings, dying to get along to an event. Sunday looked like great fun again.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Sure your football team would survive one Sunday night every 6 weeks without you SLARE.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in the chippy the other day (I know, right?!) and saw a poster for Elite British Wrestling right here in South Yorkshire....

http://www.ncwauk.com/

...it looks horrible on YouTube, it seems like they wrestle on a ring on a theater stage so the crowd is only on one side.. weird... but I will get along and view it at some point. Next event is November 30th but I'm already busy with someones birthday

Edit: Their site is out of date and kind of broken, on 2nd look, I found tickets to the future event in Nov on Google, yey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    I thought it was a good show despite their technical difficulties. The crowd love themselves a bit too much sometimes as well and mark Dallas is a clown.

As as always I think the intermission and band are completely pointless, get rid of them now. I would also argue that they could probably trim a match or two and by doing so they would avoid the overrun/people leaving early for transport.

Anyway, lovely to see Noam dar back what a talent he is. Next scottish superstar I hope. The triple treat tag was my favourite of the night by far. S.d.s are a couple of brutes and the Bucky boys are ridiculously good fun. Grado promo was hilarious, hope they put it online so we can see it in full. The main event was blood filled and a great watch. Great to lionheart and red lightning back as well. Red lightning is such a good heel and the finish suggests he's going to end up going mental at Wolfgang and lionheart.

Had ad a great night again though. All the scottish posters/those who would be willing to travel should 100% be supporting this promotion now.

Sold more tickets than tna!!!! Lol!!!!
    If you follow ICW on Facebook/Twitter, they usually link all their Youtube vids quite a wee bit.

I know for sure that the Grado promo you mentioned is online.

I'm still in two minds wether the BBC documentary they are making on ICW will be 'best for business.' There's already enough knobs going as it is. Fuck, i'm a wrestling hipster.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Randomly watched a bunch of rev pro stuff yesterday and today and went through all the free matches progress has up. GLENDON, you need a coupon code for us rajahites so I can watch all the progress shows for cheaper than the average human.

side note: el ligero is awesome, but I suspect he may not be Mexican

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    side note: el ligero is awesome, but I suspect he may not be Mexican
    Ligero vs Masters at the next show im going to, should be good.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ok, someone explain grado's "yersel" deal to me. I listened to the colt podcast with him, he's fucking HI-larious, but I don't know what "yersel" is help me plz

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    "It's yersel" directly means "it's yourself". It's used as a greeting basically.

"It's yersel hero! How's it going?"

make sense?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hm, yes, makes sense. Is this a scottish thing?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Spread the word of grado! The mans a genius.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Hm, yes, makes sense. Is this a scottish thing?
    Yeah west coast. Here's some gradoberg for you to enjoy featuring a bit of a certain prince

http://youtu.be/VAOaDK22ze4

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ahahahaha, wtf is DEVITT doing there?! That's awesome. I'm gonna watch that vice documentary, since grado seems to be a big part of it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    He was wrestling at icw. Which you should definitely check out. Becoming quite the promotion in Scotland. The vice doc is awesome, enjoy.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Hero! And anyone else interested here's a wee promo video for rhino's appearance at icw's last show. There's tons of videos in there for you all to check out on their channel and I urge you to do so ASAP!!!!

http://youtu.be/ztZC3gbjk7Y

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    thanks goodness for subtitles on this vice documentary cause grado is damn near impossible to understand.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Hahahahaha! I don't get how it's so hard. Never mind.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Scottish is some kind of language all its own. Seriously blows my mind.

sidenote: grado seems like the nicest guy ever. he could be a pretty crazy over babyface in america.
    Last edited by Hero!; October 23rd, 2013 at 6:23 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    i would adore to see grado vs santino or eric young.

grado vs cabana is one of the most entertaining matches i've ever seen.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Grado v Cabana YouTube series was hilarious. Cabana looked SO confused when Grado met him at the airport, which is just awesome. Love the chemistry between those 2.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    i would adore to see grado vs santino or eric young.

grado vs cabana is one of the most entertaining matches i've ever seen.
    Jesus Christ man, the thought of Santino, with his accent, and Grado with his, cutting a promo on RAW just got my dick hard. That's a total dream match now.

Imagine Zeb cutting a promo about not understanding Grado's "foreign language". Or grado trying to order curry from Khali/Mahal. Or grado having a feud with Drew because Mcintyre thinks Grado is embarassing Scots. oh man, I need this dude in the wwe ASAP.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    hahahahahahahah! the curry one had me drooling there, fucking hell brilliant.

right how do we go about wwe seeing the genius that is grado? i hope icw eventually put the grado/cabana match in full on youtube soon so you can all see how fucking brilliantly done it was. it should also be noted they opened their fucking show with that which was essentially their main event.

also glasgow/scotland lads, ICW in march has kendrick, london and sabu (again) on the show in the abc. this time lets all go and get fucking steaming! March is tons of time and i'm sure the like of slare could get a substitute in his "fitbaw" team!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    GRADO and mental goldust.........YES!!!!

The Rosk
    After seeing Grado I've watched everything I can find. What a brilliant bloke. Absolutely love him.

WHEN YOU CALL MY NAME

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahahahahahah! the curry one had me drooling there, fucking hell brilliant.

right how do we go about wwe seeing the genius that is grado? i hope icw eventually put the grado/cabana match in full on youtube soon so you can all see how fucking brilliantly done it was. it should also be noted they opened their fucking show with that which was essentially their main event.

also glasgow/scotland lads, ICW in march has kendrick, london and sabu (again) on the show in the abc. this time lets all go and get fucking steaming! March is tons of time and i'm sure the like of slare could get a substitute in his "fitbaw" team!
    I'm in.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Fanny, Andy, wardy, geeza???

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Hey Mikey guess who is coming to Nottingham next year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always up for some Scottish Wrestling Mike!

You going to ICW 1st Dec? I've got the Monday off so things could get messy (I'll be able to catch the over-running main event instead of having to sack it off to get the last bus home).

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm up for the one in March. Are the tickets on sale yet?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also VADER and GRADO are coming to East Kilbride in a few weeks. Cannot wait.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I'm always up for some Scottish Wrestling Mike!

You going to ICW 1st Dec? I've got the Monday off so things could get messy (I'll be able to catch the over-running main event instead of having to sack it off to get the last bus home).
    Aye i'll probably head along. Back to the garage as well.

right lets fucking do this march shenanigans

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Had a awesome time at the Southside double header today every match top to bottom was good. Stixx vs Steen was my personal fave. Also got to meet this guy, top bloke.

And also this guy, who some may recognize as the guy who Austin Aries very nearly killed in TNA a couple of years ago.

And yes I am very much aware of how shit my camera is.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Brush your bloody teeth Griffin!!!

Seems me you had a good time.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Also had a quick chat with Kong but it was a tenner to have a pic with her, fuck that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Brush your bloody teeth Griffin!!!

Seems me you had a good time.
    Mike deserves some sort of a rajah redemption award for not going apeshit here.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And takerson tucking his shirt in while he was getting on a first name basis with NXT wrestlers and refs was a thing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I don't see what kissy kissy arse cakes has to do with bogging teeth Peter.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeh with the greatest of respect to Takerson, I go to live events over here a handful of times a year and it just so happens i got a opportunity to meet a few of the wrestlers, i certainly cant claim to be fiends with them.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    What's the tattoo on your arm Peter?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Deby County, yeh I know its lame but hey never mind.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    It should be noted that a couple of people were wearing ICW hoodies which is your turf I believe?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Aye it is. Still need to get my tickets for their next show as well. Reminder