View Poll Results: Who should win the PFA Player of the Year award

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gareth Bale

15 100.00%

Thread: PFA Player of the Year

Simon

PFA Player of the Year

The nominations are in, who should win? Surprised to see Hazard in there, I wouldn't have him in Chelsea's top three players this season let alone the league's top six.

So yeah, who should win? And who should be in the shortlist ahead of some of those on there? Other than Hazard I don't have a major issue against any of the players in there - Bale, Mata, Suarez and RVP are obvious picks, but I genuinely thought that for once defenders were going to get recognised, with Baines or maybe Zabaleta getting a look in.

Van Persie looked nailed on for it up until a month or so ago but then his form fell away, Suarez would probably be the front runner if he wasn't so unpopular, which fair or not will affect his chances...Mata and Bale have both been fantastic but maybe not as consistent as the others, and Carrick has had that consistency (and it's a huge credit to him to even get into the shortlist) but is maybe a bit low key to get a large number of votes.

Personally I would go with Michael Carrick
    Last edited by Simon; April 19th, 2013 at 7:09 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michu should've been in there instead of Hazard imo.

Andy
    No Michu is mad, he should win the thing.

Andy
    PFA Young Player of the Year nominations: Gareth Bale, Christian Benteke, Eden Hazard, Romelu Lukaku, Danny Welbeck and Jack Wilshere.

Danny Welbeck?! Nastasic at City has had a great season, thought he would make this list.

Simon
    Nastasic has only really been 'outed' as a great player very recently, I don't think the bandwagon for him really got rolling until recently - he got a lot of praise for his debut against Madrid but hasn't really been talked about again until maybe a month ago, definitely looks a real class act though. Bale should win the Young Player award by a landslide surely.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to see Lukaku or Benteke get the young player award.

Obviously I want Mata to win the big one. I am biased though.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of the two lists I'd go for Suarez and Benteke.

Suarez has been the most consistent player all season. Wasn't there a mad stat that if it wasn't for his goals and assists Liverpool would've been bottom at Christmas? He's been great this season.

Benteke has been unbelievable. To have a goal ratio of 1 in 2 for a side that struggled as much as Villa this season is amazing. Him or Lukaku are the only two choices out of that list for me.

Andy
    Bale win win the main one, no doubt about that. Benteke for the young player.

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Welbeck

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Why all the Welbeck hate? He was pretty good in 2012 which is what you vote for which is why the vote takes place every January so you vote for the best player of the year not the season.

Hazard shouldn't be nominated as he was only here for half the year.

Personally i think Juan Mata should be the one who wins it. But i think Van Persie will win it due to the way he performed at the end of last season and the start of this season.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bale and Suarez have, at times, carried their teams at various points this year and have been making and scoring for fun so either of them would be a decent call, with Bale probably getting it thanks to not being anywhere near as annoying.

The Rosk
    Doo doo doo, Bale and Benteke.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez and Benteke surely. The fact the Welbeck near the list is a joke

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    It's more of a joke Wilshere is on the list considering he was injured most of 2012. Same with Benteke he didn't play in the premier league until the middle of september so for him to be on the shortlist is also a joke.

Welbeck was at least a regular of a team chasing a title and one that was top of the table at the end of 2012. Add to that an impressive euro 2012 and you can see why he's been nominated.

It's player of the YEAR not season. It's a simple enough concept thats why they ask for votes every January becuase they want votes based on the previous year.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Obviously feel Mata should win being biased. He has been utterly superb all season. His influence is huge. 18 goals and around 30 assists in all comps but of course this is only the league (10 goals, 14 assists). Those are some sexy stats though. Suarez and Bale have carried their sides in much the same way.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Bale win win the main one, no doubt about that. Benteke for the young player.
    It obviously must be different for you guys or something, because how can someone win the overall best player, but not a sub category with players eligible for the other one?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is pretty stupid that Bale and Hazard are nominated for both. They could have stuck an extra two young players in their place.