User Tag List

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 400 of 4424

Thread: Mafia Games

  1. #301
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    So we need to look at who voted Bert and in what order?

    Anyone?
    I think it is more the "how" people voted for Bert. If there were people that switched because of what Cewsh was saying, then that would lead to suspicion. Also people that switched from Bert at the last minute, to deflect suspicion.

    Sorry I've been out since my last post with family. I will read back through this a couple of times.

  2. #302
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    So so so much reading to from last night. I am off to play disc golf though so will have to wait a few hours.

    One thing I can say... I honestly don't know whether a No Lynch is good or not today. D1 Lynch is good because it gets discussion going, starts voting pattern monitoring etc... all of which we can see now, in parts. And the biggest reason for doing a D1 lynch is that generally speaking, lynching is the only way to get rid of scum! Who woulda thunk it that two scum get offed in the night phase, one by neutrals and one by the scum killer himself taking out the traitor they hadn't yet recruited. Teehee indeed. As for who we would most want to get rid of, definitely their killing role... though seeing how well he is going at the moment, more than happy to leave him alive and let him pick off other scum.

    @Rip - regarding putting your trust in me... if I am town then it's a good move for town but being vocal opens me up to being a scum target at night by Thomas who I assume is their assassin type person. If I am scum than I am brilliantly persuasive having convinced everyone to vote for Bert on D1 and made the calculated move to have one of my co-mafia scum perform an action on me on N1 AND hope that the Town cop is either Naive or Insane.

    Will read everything else later today

  3. #303
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    17,564
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151779
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nobody View Post
    Vote Count

    Torn - 1 (Psycho666Soldier)
    No Lynch - 2 (kdestiny, TimeSplitter)


    And kdestiny, please remember to put Vote: in front of whatever you vote for. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
    Apologies

  4. #304
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    I'm still not quite sure. I'm gonna sleep on it, and see if anything pops out with fresh eyes.

  5. #305
    You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Snowville.
    Posts
    15,239
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    51405
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nobody View Post
    Day Two
    Hershall's head drops as he walks away. Hershall stops for a moment, seeing virmicious standing there, his arm bleeding, not from a bite, but from something that happened during the chaos of the incident. He knows in his head he should help, but at the moment, he just didn't give a damn about anything, and he walks away, leaving virmicious to his injuries.

    Glenn drops down against the wall, using his hands to cover his face. There were tears in those eyes that he didn't want people to see. He had to put it aside. They couldn't use someone who was grieving. It was a safety concern. He had to be strong for the good of the entire group. He lowers his hands, and his eyes lock on Rip, watching him for the rest of the night.

    Rick shakes his head as he walks over to Grimario. "I need to talk to you," Rick says, pointing at him. They talk for several moments, before Rick gets the information he needs and he walks away.

    Dexter watches the scene unfold, and walks over to Grimario as well. Grimario refuses to talk to him, and Dexter slinks away, as he is obviously not the man he is looking for.

    Lori walks over and puts her hand on virmicious. She asks him if he can go find Carl for her. Despite virmicious injury, he agrees and walks away to go find him. It looks like he won't be much use this day.

    Andrew walks up to Psycho666Soldier, saying something to him, but as soon as he does, Psycho666Soldier lays a fist across his jaw. Andrew returns the punch, but when that does very little, he takes off running.
    Ok then.. Let's look at what we know here. virm got injured, so I assume he was targeted and either they missed or he needs 2 hits in a night phase to kill (plausible).

    Whoever Glenn is can monitor players which may neutralise their ability or he might find out which side they're out. I'm not sure which because Lori seems to be the town role blocker, now shifted off Virm who can't do jack today. Also, Rick seems to be able to question players on their allegiance, perhaps, so whomever Rick is knows what side Grim is on. Unless they can lie.

    However, Dexter must be able to find the traitor (Shane) and questioned Grim about it - and Grim wasn't (and isn't a prisoner either, else he wouldn't have asked) and so unless a cunning double bluff.. Grim is a townie. Which is good because I was suspect of him originally (and maybe that influenced Dexter)

    Cewsh/Andrew being a roleblocker tried to block psychsoldier666 so unless that was another tremendous double bluff, think we can assume he is town.

    Which is great to know, but I'd have preferred to know Prisoners. To be honest, from what I've looked at, I'm no closer to finding out who is a prisoner - just who isn't!

  6. #306
    UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    31,805
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    126260
    usa
    So it looks like you've played this quite a bit before, then, yeah?

    What are you suggestions as a vet, for the newcomers?

  7. #307
    You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Snowville.
    Posts
    15,239
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    51405
    Who me? No, this is the first one I've actually played. I've seen a few, and logic puzzles (which essentially this is) are interesting to me. I read the last one that was on here, and a link someone put up to another.

    I guess if I had to give a tip, it'd be to write stuff down. Sometimes it moves quick and people are intentionally trying to confuse/mislead you and information is usually deliberately vague to help with that.

    I mean role wise we don't know what people can do, but Cewsh's/Andrew's was revealed. Lori's clearly gets people out the way for the day phase so I assume she has a similar mirror role to his. Dexter might not be a traitor recruiter, but the fact he asked a question to Grim and "it's not the man he's looking for" makes me think he was looking for Shane/Traitor.

  8. #308
    You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Snowville.
    Posts
    15,239
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    51405
    (And if I was any good I would have not made myself look so suspicious leaning to Bert after originally voting for Cewsh!)

  9. #309
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    Ok then.. Let's look at what we know here. virm got injured, so I assume he was targeted and either they missed or he needs 2 hits in a night phase to kill (plausible).
    That's possible but the way it is written, at least to me, I think the virm injury is a carry over part of the story from the D1 lynch. Maybe. That's the most puzzling bit of the night write up for me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    Whoever Glenn is can monitor players which may neutralise their ability or he might find out which side they're out. I'm not sure which because Lori seems to be the town role blocker, now shifted off Virm who can't do jack today. Also, Rick seems to be able to question players on their allegiance, perhaps, so whomever Rick is knows what side Grim is on. Unless they can lie.
    Think you are spot on with Glenn.... but there are so many variants on what a Watcher role can do. Glenn could possibly now tell us whether Rip had an action, who they targeted, who targeted them or what action was performed on them. If that information isn't useful or if there was a No Result, not sure it is any help to us. I think Rick is written up clearly as an investigative role but whether or not he is a normal cop or one of the variants, really don't know. If Lori is the role blocker (makes sense) then that should make virm innocent enough (and combined with his Cewsh voting on D1) because he couldn't be the Prisoner killer, Thomas. If Lori is the RB, that means virm can't be a whole host of town roles as well so could still be a neutral which in this game so far appears to be Walkers who you can only imagine have a sole survival win condition of some sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    However, Dexter must be able to find the traitor (Shane) and questioned Grim about it - and Grim wasn't (and isn't a prisoner either, else he wouldn't have asked) and so unless a cunning double bluff.. Grim is a townie. Which is good because I was suspect of him originally (and maybe that influenced Dexter)
    That's only true if Dexter is a recruiting role. And for full transparency, it wouldn't exclude me from being a neutral/Walker either, just not Prisoner.
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    Cewsh/Andrew being a roleblocker tried to block psychsoldier666 so unless that was another tremendous double bluff, think we can assume he is town.
    Yep, my thinking as well.

    So, based on who was targeted we can assume that Grimario, virmi and Psycho are not scum. Also based on the D1 voting, I would hazard a guess and say Judas is not scum either... or if so, he is brilliant and has me fooled.

    Also, going to take a stab and say that Kneeneighbour isn't scum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    2. Are we all allowed to talk via PM? In those PMs though we are not to reveal our roles correct?
    If he was scum, he would have specifically been told "you, Larry, Mo and Curly are scum, you can communicate via PM" or similar. Again, as a new player if that was thrown out there despite having a PM that specifically says you can talk to scum, Knee is as brilliant as Judas in the above scenario.

  10. #310
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    I guess if I had to give a tip, it'd be to write stuff down. Sometimes it moves quick and people are intentionally trying to confuse/mislead you and information is usually deliberately vague to help with that.
    I have a spreadsheet. 16 names down, 16 characters across. By process of elimination, I am slowly building a picture.

    Yes, I am a proper logic puzzle nerd

  11. #311
    75% Insane Rip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    20,690
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    184708
    So how is someone supposed to reveal information they gain through their role without giving away who they are?

    I mean Glenn knows what I did last night, and therefore unless they're pretty damn dim they know who I am, but how do they pass that information across without putting the finger on themselves and me?

  12. #312
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Just reading back through D1 posts... virm was brilliant. how the fuck did we not lynch Cewsh based on the deductions made by virm?

    If I hadn't already been shown to be almost certainly non-scum, my pulling of the trigger on the lynch hammer against Bert would be the absolute #1 suspicious act of D1.

    mth & HHHnFR suspicious because of their initial No Lynch votes... HHHnFR more so because he jumped over to the Bert bandwagon. That said, his vote before Bert was for Cewsh so if he is scum, that was an extremely shrewd move to vote Cewsh until the opportunity came to jump off and onto a bandwagon. Bennedy also jumped on the bandwagon at a point in time that Cewsh and Bert were neck and neck, starting the eventual landslide that lead to Bert's lynching.

  13. #313
    You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Snowville.
    Posts
    15,239
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    51405
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I have a spreadsheet. 16 names down, 16 characters across. By process of elimination, I am slowly building a picture.

    Yes, I am a proper logic puzzle nerd


    Perhaps that is my workings as well, but mine has 15 because I just took me out! In fact, I'm fairly sure when you played the last game on here we had a brief conversation about just that! It's just like the "Barry sits next to someone who is right handed, but not next to the guy with one eye, Lucy is lefthanded and sits next to someone who doesn't wear glasses, etc etc" stuff that drives me mad and takes me hours!

    As far as neutral/walkers - I get that point but with the workings out in my head, I thought I had accounted for purely human roles. But I was umm'ing and ahh'ing about certain folk being "active" - but it depends on actions because in the write-ups not everyone turns up (probably those without actions or being attacked). I think Shane was a tweener (as revealed) and I think Axel probably is too... Everything else is up in the air for me.

  14. #314
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Well, if you are town and Glenn knows what you did (or who you targeted and from the write up can tell which side you are on), the smart move would be to shut up and not reveal anything.

    And if Glenn knows you targeted me or Mills, well... it depends what Mr Nobody allows. If I was Glenn and knew that you had targeted mills, I would come in here and definitively say "Rip is scum without doubt. Vote: Rip". I don't know if that would be classed as role claiming or bread crumbing though, Mr Nobody would have to clarify.

    After that, we all jump on the Lynch Rip campaign and after the lynch, one of two things happens... you would be revealed as scum or you would be revealed as town. If scum, then Glenn would be an immediate target for scum (you would assume being known town and all). If town, Glenn would likely be the next person lynched as the town revolts against his false accusation.

    UNVOTE

    Just in case you counted my vote in quotes as an actual vote.

  15. #315
    You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Snowville.
    Posts
    15,239
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    51405
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    mth & HHHnFR suspicious because of their initial No Lynch votes... HHHnFR more so because he jumped over to the Bert bandwagon. That said, his vote before Bert was for Cewsh so if he is scum, that was an extremely shrewd move to vote Cewsh until the opportunity came to jump off and onto a bandwagon. Bennedy also jumped on the bandwagon at a point in time that Cewsh and Bert were neck and neck, starting the eventual landslide that lead to Bert's lynching.
    See, this annoys me now because I've made myself look unnecessarily suspicious which is a fairly noobish mistake. My thought pattern was as such, however:

    - Judas was going to change vote (from Cewsh) to get someone lynched, he said, so I voted for Cewsh to tie he and Bert to 3:3 (and thus if he did move, it would be to save Cewsh, essentially).
    - Judas then didn't change, which made me suspicious that he hasn't changed because Bert was Prisoner and he would be lynching him (I must be paranoid).
    - I convinced myself that the whole Bert/Cewsh scenario was a ploy to split votes so neither got lynched (paranoid!).
    - Since Judas stuck with Cewsh, I imagined he knew Bert was prisoner so I moved (and taunted folk) to Bert in attempt to get people to reveal their knowledge/side.
    - Judas didn't move, Bert turned out to be townie..

    I probably over thought it and afterward was convinced that Cewsh was still prisoner regardless, and I was also of the impression Judas was too. Cewsh then died, I felt stupid, and now I think I know who Judas is and I don't think he's prisoner... so in reality... I knew nothing and, essentially, made myself look like the imagined-Judas I was trying to figure out which is a bit of a fail and I could and should have played it much safer.

  16. #316
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    How certain are we that Lori is the town roleblocker? And does Lori asking virm to look for Carl exclude virm from being Carl? Would have to be, surely...

  17. #317
    75% Insane Rip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    20,690
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    184708
    So basically finding out the roles of town folk if your a town guy is almost pointless? Damn that sucks, but since we're down to 2(?) bad guys now I'd have thought it was cards on the table time for everyone, working through Grim and Virms workings we're down to around three or four suspects by the look of it so if anyone has information that would say who someone was then it makes sense that they reveal it the odds on us hitting a bad guy would then greatly increase, risk/reward and all that.

  18. #318
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    So basically finding out the roles of town folk if your a town guy is almost pointless? Damn that sucks, but since we're down to 2(?) bad guys now I'd have thought it was cards on the table time for everyone, working through Grim and Virms workings we're down to around three or four suspects by the look of it so if anyone has information that would say who someone was then it makes sense that they reveal it the odds on us hitting a bad guy would then greatly increase, risk/reward and all that.
    Well, it depends what type of role Glenn has.

    From my research, there are 4 types of watching roles...

    If Glenn sees who you target and from the write up knows that you are town, Glenn can put you on the safe list and attempt to persuade others to not vote for you in the day phase.
    If Glenn sees what action you did and there is only one action in the night phase that is the same as that, he knows who you are and if town, same as above.
    If Glenn watches and sees who targets you and can deduce from the write up whether that person is town, Glenn can then put them on the safe list. If scum, Glenn should get in here and lynch them.
    If Glenn watches and can see what action is performed against you and from the write up can work out who that person is, they can determine town/scum and same as above.

    I think the two "action" watching roles are unlikely though. There would need to be a lot of like for like roles otherwise it's almost a certain giveaway every time.

    One thing to consider is that Glenn might not be a watching role at all... the write up suggests that but it's possible that Glenn was keeping a protective eye on you (doctor role, perhaps?) but since there was no attempt on your life, Mr Nobody chose not to reveal too much.

  19. #319
    You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Snowville.
    Posts
    15,239
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    51405
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    How certain are we that Lori is the town roleblocker? And does Lori asking virm to look for Carl exclude virm from being Carl? Would have to be, surely...
    Well she sent Virm off to find him, so I imagine if he was carl it would be "Lori asked Virm to go find Carl, who looked up at her funny and walked off". If she's made Virm unable to vote today (which I assume is the case) then she must be a blocker of some sort?

  20. #320
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Right, I'm off for the night. Hopefully some people that know stuff can come in and give us some info! Looking forward to more discussion when I am busy at work tomorrow


  21. #321
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    This. Very interesting.
    Actually, I want to throw Torn into the spotlight before I go to bed. Having put up with my constant whinging about timezones in RFF, he of all people should know that there was nothing suspicious about me not being around to post at 7 in the morning.

    I've got my eye on you, Torn

  22. #322
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post

    And if Glenn knows you targeted me or Mills, well... it depends what Mr Nobody allows. If I was Glenn and knew that you had targeted mills, I would come in here and definitively say "Rip is scum without doubt. Vote: Rip". I don't know if that would be classed as role claiming or bread crumbing though, Mr Nobody would have to clarify.

    Roleclaiming is claiming your own role "Hey, look at me, don't vote for me, I'm Rick!!!" Breadcrumbing is "You wouldn't want to vote for me, because I would hate to investigate your vote tonight." So both roleclaiming and breadcrumbing are bad, because everyone could do it Day One and the game would be over very quickly.

    However, after learning information in the night, feel free to reveal it...or even lie about it. Feel free to vouch for somebody or condemn somebody if that is the information you learned. However, as someone has already mentioned, revealing information that you have may put a bigger target on your back, so it's up to you whether you want to reveal it or not.

  23. #323
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    And Grimario, votes in brackets don't count, so you were fine. No need for the Unvote.

  24. #324
    75% Insane Rip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    20,690
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    184708
    So...

    IN THEORY, could I say last night I tried to do something to player X which would have been of benefit to the townspeople but it was stopped by someone?

    Or would that be seen as seeding the fact that I'm a Townsperson?

    I'm just trying to work out how we have to phrase stuff.

    NOTE THE IN THEORY BIT!

  25. #325
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    That would be considered breadcrumbing.

  26. #326
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    But at this point, I would assume everyone will claim they are a Towns person. It's all about being careful in how you word stuff. And sometimes there is no need to say stuff. Please note, after the game, I'm going to analyze the game, especially for those newbies, and everything will be revealed, but that will have to wait until after the game is over for any further advice.

  27. #327
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    So are we settled on a no lynch for this round due to the baddies being depleted two people in a night phase? I doubt we will get that lucky a second time, but from the people participating I'm not really gleaning any thing. Should we try a random vote for someone not participating, or those that haven't posted since the night phase?

  28. #328
    World Champion Bennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South London, England
    Posts
    10,261
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    289
    I still think a no lynch is the way to go. There is nothing to really separate the people who voted for Bert and I don't really want to lynch anybody if there is no need to. Let's get to night two and go from there.

  29. #329
    75% Insane Rip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    20,690
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    184708
    If we were to vote for someone who isn't involved would it hurt us?

    I mean if we got it wrong and voted out a Townie would we lose anything if they were a non-poster?

  30. #330
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    Vote: No Lynch

  31. #331
    World Champion Bennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South London, England
    Posts
    10,261
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    If we were to vote for someone who isn't involved would it hurt us?

    I mean if we got it wrong and voted out a Townie would we lose anything if they were a non-poster?
    I see where you're coming from. Who do you suggest?

  32. #332
    75% Insane Rip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    20,690
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    184708
    Well from the list of people left who's not posted?

    mth? I know Matt's a busy guy so is he not around or trying to keep his head down?

  33. #333
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Well from the list of people left who's not posted?

    mth? I know Matt's a busy guy so is he not around or trying to keep his head down?
    Maybe a little from column A little from column B. He did just post in a thread though.

  34. #334
    hotthickbutteredtoast mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    57,609
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    300579
    I'm not posting much because this game is going over my head and I feel dumb.

  35. #335
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I'm not posting much because this game is going over my head and I feel dumb.

  36. #336
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    Vote Count

    Torn - 1 (Psycho666Soldier)
    No Lynch - 3 (kdestiny, TimeSplitter, The Rick)

  37. #337
    My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wearing my scarlet letter with pride
    Posts
    14,391
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132029
    ussr
    I feel like when we are ahead thats when we should be taking our shots. If before the game started we were told after 2 days we would have killed 2 of them and they got 2 of us we would have been happy. Lets take our shot now.

    VOTE: Torn

  38. #338
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    We have just under 17 hours to come to a consensus.

  39. #339
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    Right?

  40. #340
    UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    31,805
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    126260
    usa
    Aye aye.

    I notice torn has gotten very quiet.

  41. #341
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,775
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    80172
    Oh well shit sorry I didn't know having things to do other than going round in circles for 48 hours (THIS IS A LONG ASS TIME) meant I was a bad guy.

  42. #342
    UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    31,805
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    126260
    usa
    Hahaha.

  43. #343
    RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fiorentorna
    Posts
    37,775
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    80172
    I'm interested in this latest discussion (between three people, The Rick, Rip and Bennedy who have definitely not been cleared as town people yet) though, saying that knocking off someone who hasn't been too active means we won't lose anything and that it's a good idea. Is it? I have no idea, but it's possible it could be a clever excuse for the bad guys to get rid of an extra person who they know is town for free, essentially.

    After all they need all the help they can get, I just looked up that the victory conditions were for the bad guys that they need a majority.. so they have to knock off 11 more people to win. That's A LOT of us to go through. Giving one up for free seems an odd idea.

  44. #344
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    Vote Count

    Torn - 2 (Psycho666Soldier, Kneeneighbor)
    No Lynch - 3 (kdestiny, TimeSplitter, The Rick)

  45. #345
    World Champion Bennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South London, England
    Posts
    10,261
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    289
    I am more in favour of a no lynch than anything else. Not really fair to cut somebody just because they haven't participated much. That doesn't prove anything.

  46. #346
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    I'm interested in this latest discussion (between three people, The Rick, Rip and Bennedy who have definitely not been cleared as town people yet)
    Neither have you. But you do bring up some good points.

  47. #347
    75% Insane Rip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    20,690
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    184708
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    I'm interested in this latest discussion (between three people, The Rick, Rip and Bennedy who have definitely not been cleared as town people yet) though, saying that knocking off someone who hasn't been too active means we won't lose anything and that it's a good idea. Is it? I have no idea, but it's possible it could be a clever excuse for the bad guys to get rid of an extra person who they know is town for free, essentially.

    After all they need all the help they can get, I just looked up that the victory conditions were for the bad guys that they need a majority.. so they have to knock off 11 more people to win. That's A LOT of us to go through. Giving one up for free seems an odd idea.
    That was my question, DOES it mean we don't lose anything, or are we better in a holding pattern, honestly I don't know which s why I'm asking.

  48. #348
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    At this point, we have great odds of knocking out a friendly, and possibly one with a useful skill. If we lynch one then the mafia takes out a second. With a "no lynch" they will only get the one. Hopefully we will gain something from it.

  49. #349
    World Champion Bennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South London, England
    Posts
    10,261
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    289
    VOTE: No Lynch

  50. #350
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    Torn - 2 (Psycho666Soldier, Kneeneighbor)
    No Lynch - 4 (kdestiny, TimeSplitter, The Rick, Bennedy)

  51. #351
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    I haven't been able to go through all of the discussion, but let's just say my instincts are going towards Torn. None of the remaining Mafia have come in to jump on that train, instead people voting for No Lynch. Of course, Knee is the only other guy who voted for Torn, which could very likely mean he's going along with the scheme to get rid of someone he knows isn't Scum like him.

    However, the hesitation to vote for Torn, as well as some hints that have been going around, I'm going to stick with my gut on Torn. If we fuck up, then we fuck up, but we still have enough people to take this chance, I feel.

    My vote remains. I think we should pull the trigger on Torn.

  52. #352
    My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wearing my scarlet letter with pride
    Posts
    14,391
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132029
    ussr
    Or it means I agree with your logic and I think Torn needs to be looked up.

  53. #353
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    Oh yes, I completely follow that train of thought. It's just something I have to look at.

    Seriously, don't vote no lynch, people. That's not going to help us any with the killer running loose. I'm even putting myself on blast here by being so adamant about it, which in turn wind up with me dead over night. At least with a lynch we have a chance of evening that score.

  54. #354
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    17,564
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151779
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    At this point, we have great odds of knocking out a friendly, and possibly one with a useful skill. If we lynch one then the mafia takes out a second. With a "no lynch" they will only get the one. Hopefully we will gain something from it.
    Sexcellent point made

  55. #355
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    Just a reminder, the deadline is around 9 tomorrow morning. I will be at work, but will do everything once I get home.

  56. #356
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    And I was cleaning a closet and found an old notebook with several of my old Mafia ideas, character write-ups, etc. in it (including the ones from here). I saw one that I never ran though, and I think that will be the next one run, so I am already working on a 2nd mafia game

  57. #357
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nobody View Post
    And I was cleaning a closet and found an old notebook with several of my old Mafia ideas, character write-ups, etc. in it (including the ones from here). I saw one that I never ran though, and I think that will be the next one run, so I am already working on a 2nd mafia game
    Have you done a wrestling themed one? Think about WCW with the begining NWO storyline, or the WWF Invasion angle.

  58. #358
    My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wearing my scarlet letter with pride
    Posts
    14,391
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132029
    ussr
    Oh that sounds awesome!

  59. #359
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    Have you done a wrestling themed one? Think about WCW with the begining NWO storyline, or the WWF Invasion angle.
    One of the ones I did on here was a wrestling themed one. I think it was the third one, where it was kind of a modern day version of the Invasion with TNA trying to take over WWE. It was a fun little storyline.

  60. #360
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    If we were to vote for someone who isn't involved would it hurt us?

    I mean if we got it wrong and voted out a Townie would we lose anything if they were a non-poster?
    It depends if they are active in the night phase. Let's say that one of the people that hasn't posted since the night phase (is there anyone?) has an action that they still perform at night, despite not posting. If we off them, we lose that action. If they don't post and don't bother submitting a night action (was there one night action not submitted last night?) then it's entirely possible that if we lynch them, we lose nothing because their action is lost anyone. Actually, that's not true. Any lost townie is one more that mafia don't have to get rid of... though Mr Nobody might modkill anyone with a night role who does nothing and hasn't posted for days on end. Not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    I'm interested in this latest discussion (between three people, The Rick, Rip and Bennedy who have definitely not been cleared as town people yet) though, saying that knocking off someone who hasn't been too active means we won't lose anything and that it's a good idea. Is it? I have no idea, but it's possible it could be a clever excuse for the bad guys to get rid of an extra person who they know is town for free, essentially.

    After all they need all the help they can get, I just looked up that the victory conditions were for the bad guys that they need a majority.. so they have to knock off 11 more people to win. That's A LOT of us to go through. Giving one up for free seems an odd idea.
    That's assuming their recruiting role was exclusively for the traitor. They might be able to recruit anyone...? And we don't know what allegiance Axel has.

    I have a list of 3 people that I am fairly certain are definitely not scum (me - I know I am town + was targetted by scum + if Rick had evidence I was scum, I would hope he was smart enough to lynch me by now, Psycho - targeted by scum and Rip - targeted by what we assume was a watcher role so if Glenn had incriminating evidence, Rip would be getting lynched right now) and 4 other people that I am fairly convinced are not scum (and if they are, they are brilliant at this game. Not going to mention them here but I have gone over my reasoning previously). That leaves me with a 1 in 6 shot and if I do that based on D1 and D2 discussion, my prime suspects are...

    *drumroll*

    Torn - "assessed his options" for 28 or so hours on D1. Perhaps when the only options available very short of a lynch deadline were Bert and scum friend Cewsh, he jumped on the bandwagon? Tried to throw me under the bus because I was not active while ASLEEP which he knows all too well from my constant RFF timezone complaints. Also tried to throw Judas under the bus for not voting for Bert despite Judas having very good reasons (along with virm) that had been stated. Also said "when I voted for Bert it was because he had the most votes at the time" which was not true. Both Bert and Cewsh had equal votes at that time and despite Cewsh dodging legitimate questions with nonsensical answers, he jumped on Bert. Was the person that started the bandwagon in favour of Bert entirely.
    Bennedy - silence until called out on D1, defended Cewsh, wanted to limit the number of times people can change vote, "we have to lynch someone but its pot luck", jumped on the Bert bandwagon to make him 3 away from lynch, in favour of D2 no lynch

    Vote Torn

    After reading through the thread again and looking at Torn's post in detail, he is by far the most suspicious.

  61. #361
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    Have you done a wrestling themed one? Think about WCW with the begining NWO storyline, or the WWF Invasion angle.
    I thought I had played in two on here but the Back to Basics one was my first ever game... apparently I signed up to ewZine to play over there and it was a WCW invasion or something. Then I started a second game and it was just horribly painful because those guys had played for ages and it was all little cliques, outsiders not hugely welcome. Hated it. Mr Nobody games ftw.

    Also, reading back through the Back to Basics thread... I made an awesome point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I like that we are still arguing over this point... it's as if you heard someone say "There is something fishy about Captain Ahab" and I watched him hunt a whale and we both come to the conclusion that he owns a boat. Work that one out

  62. #362
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    I saw virm was online and viewing this thread... given that he has been mentioned a number of times and we have called people out for not posting, is it possible that virm has been silenced for this day phase? No vote, no post??

  63. #363
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    UNVOTE

    Gim I hope
    A. You're right on this vote
    B. You're right on being investigated, and are on the town side

    Vote: Torn

  64. #364
    My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wearing my scarlet letter with pride
    Posts
    14,391
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132029
    ussr
    Grim I too have thought about Bennedy. Talk through that one some more too.

  65. #365
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    17,564
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151779
    usa
    All making good points here, I might have to sift through the thread one more time

  66. #366
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    Bennedy is someone who has been on my radar for a moment. Depending on how things go, he will be one of my next suspects.

    After what Grimario made clear, Rip is in the clear for me. I officially absolve all suspicion of him unless something changes in the next few days.

  67. #367
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    Also, let's just say with some of Virm's forum actions, I am inclined to believe he is both innocent and unable to vote, but he is very much influencing the vote in the best way possible.

    Torn has to go.

  68. #368
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    If I am wrong about Torn and I am town (which I am) then Torn has no one to blame but himself. His posts thus far have been more suspicious than anyone except the departed Cewsh.

    If I am wrong and scum? Well... the investigator hasn't said anything yet so that puts me in a positive light... but more than that, being targeted by scum should be the clincher.

  69. #369
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Also, let's just say with some of Virm's forum actions, I am inclined to believe he is both innocent and unable to vote, but he is very much influencing the vote in the best way possible.

    Torn has to go.
    Oh so maybe the Lori action blocked his next vote? Nice catch.

  70. #370
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    After what Grimario made clear, Rip is in the clear for me. I officially absolve all suspicion of him unless something changes in the next few days.
    I have Rip as tentatively clear... based on the fact that we don't really know what virm has done and if he is the investigator or watcher and CANNOT talk this day phase, he might be sitting at his keyboard pulling out his hair because he knows Rip killed someone but can't tell us to lynch him because of his enforced silence.

    Obviously the same thing goes for me and the lack of investigation results but given I was targeted by scum as well, that makes me less suspicious.

  71. #371
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    Torn - 3 (Psycho666Soldier, Kneeneighbor, The Rick)
    No Lynch - 3 (kdestiny, TimeSplitter, Bennedy)

  72. #372
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Sorry Mr Nobody, you might have missed it in my long winded rants.

    VOTE: TORN

  73. #373
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10701
    Yes I did...sorry.

    Torn - 4 (Psycho666Soldier, Kneeneighbor, Grimario, The Rick)
    No Lynch - 3 (kdestiny, TimeSplitter, Bennedy)

  74. #374
    My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wearing my scarlet letter with pride
    Posts
    14,391
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132029
    ussr
    So what about Bennedy? Can we talk about him some more. He was someone on my list aside from RIP but RIP seems cool in everyone elses eyes.

  75. #375
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    Well, he's been very short with all his answers, he voted for Bert, and he's keen on No Lynch. Really, it doesn't feel like there's A LOT to go off of, yet. I very much see him as being the other Scum, but I'm not as sure about it right now as I am Torn, so I'd rather he stick around and we see how the Night phase plays out. Trying to get everyone to jump ship to Bennedy would be a little more difficult at this point.

  76. #376
    My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wearing my scarlet letter with pride
    Posts
    14,391
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132029
    ussr
    Oh I am thinking a day ahead at this point.

  77. #377
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    The other thing that confuses me with Bennedy is that Mills voted for him then immediately switched to Psycho with his next post, seconds later.

    Does this mean Mills stupidly voted for fellow scum then realised what he had done and reversed it or is that purely a coincidence? Mills appears to have played before going on some of his other posts and that sudden vote change would seem highly suspicious if he did accidentally vote for his fellow scum... but having played it before, would Mills want to deliberately do that vote change so we might suspect Bennedy when he is actually town (or at the very least, not scum?) Bennedy is suspicious but he has too many question marks against him for me to consider lynching him over Torn.

    The downside to lynching either is that while we are in this "heading to lynch" phase, both of them are likely asleep and can't provide any reasoning as to why we should not vote for them.

    Sidenote... we should have picked Mills as scum on D1 as well... talked about Bert and Cewsh being very polarising characters but avoided jumping on the Bert bandwagon and obviously didn't vote for his scum mate.

  78. #378
    My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wearing my scarlet letter with pride
    Posts
    14,391
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132029
    ussr
    So from that post Grim you make it sound like we should hold off on a lynch. Are we just talking ourselves in circles right now?

  79. #379
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    Not to mention he almost immediately targeted me with a flimsy pretense, without any doubt or reservation.

  80. #380
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    EBWOP: That was in response to Grimario.


    To you, Knee, I don't think he's saying he's in favor of a No Lynch, otherwise he'd probably change his vote. He was just saying that it sucks for the guys we're accusing because time zones might be keeping them from responding/defending theirselves.

    He still seems pretty keen on voting Torn, as we should be. FOR VIRM!

  81. #381
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    EBWOP: I'd also like to say there's a good chance Torn is the killer, but I'm not as confident in that as I am that he's Scum in general.

  82. #382
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    What Psycho said. Timezones DO suck and given that it is 3am, we don't get to hear anymore of the story from Torn or Bennedy till they wake up. That said, I think there is sufficient doubt about Torn to lynch him without anymore input.

    Really need to know what Bennedy is up to though... and a few of the quieter ones as well.... kdestiny and Timesplitter specifically since both are currently on the No Lynch wagon, along with Bennedy.

  83. #383
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    I'm not sure I buy that this is over Mth's head either. He is quite a smart guy. I think he is playing a bit coy. I don't know if its "scum" like coy, but I've got my eye on that one.

  84. #384
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    I meant to mention that as well but had it wrapped up in my point about kdestiny and Timesplitter being on the No Lynch wagon so deleted it and forgot to make it a separate point.

    He has moved to Canada now though, hasn't he?


  85. #385
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Also, Judas... two posts since the last night phase. "hahahhahaha" and "I am suspicious of Torn".

    For a guy I had tentatively put down as not scum, you have done a lot of viewing and not a lot of posting in here.

  86. #386
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    mth was someone I immediately became suspicious of from his last post, too. For the same reason. I would never guess this game would go over the head of a guy like him after so much interaction has happened.

    Judas' silence is interesting, but it's still not something I am too worried about, though he is one of the "townies" I'm more suspicious of.

    He's my boy, though, so i'm hoping he's innocent.

  87. #387
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Yeah, Judas is like the son I never had, I don't want him to be scum either. And he was SO STRONG on the Cewsh case on D1, that's a dangerous game to play if you are scum and there is a sudden swing of votes. Your scum friend either gets lynched or you unvote and that makes you look horribly guilty if/when the lynch occurs.

  88. #388
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    I just wish more people would get in here and vote Torn, otherwise we wind up with no lynch by default, and no one wins.

  89. #389
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    JUDAS! QUIT READiNG AND VOTE FOR TORN!!!

  90. #390
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    We still have 9 hours until D2 finishes. Not sure what the spread of people across the US/Canada is but its between 8pm and 11pm so I imagine we still have a few hours of American voting to go. Plus Rip, Torn (see what I did there?), Bennedy and HHHnFR are all in England so sound asleep... but give them a few more hours sleep (currently 4am), they should still have 3+ hours to come in here and a) defend themselves or b) vote.

  91. #391
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    17,564
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151779
    usa
    After reading back on the thread and seeing the lack of activity from the party I might have to change here. I went no lynch because it seemed right at the time because I didn't have much to go off of. Now that I've gone back (with a slightly better understanding of how this works.) the evidence doesn't look good.

    UNVOTE

    VOTE: TORN

    Definitely seems dangerous, and I feel there is enough to go on to at least prove he is in the wrong here.

  92. #392
    tag champ
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    a state between sadness and anger
    Posts
    8,658
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21560
    Come on Judas. What with the not voting and stuff. Then there is the not posting. So may be you're not "scum", but we do have "walkers".

  93. #393
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Do we have Walkers though? I have 16 roles listed and the only one we don't know the alignment of is Axel and being a named character that has had bits in the story, I don't think he is going to be a walker.

    Walkers might just be the convenient way to lynch or kill someone for the purposes of story line.

  94. #394
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    That's my guess on the walkers, because unless one of the cast members has a role tied to being a walker, I don't see how that would affect our voting of people. Not saying its not something to consider, but I don't know if it's really in play when it comes to finding out who is and isn't scum.

    JUDAS, GET YOUR ASS IN HERE AND VOTE!!

  95. #395
    UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    31,805
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    126260
    usa
    Sox, lads, AFK. I've definitely had more than two posts in here since the night phase, FFS. I was really waiting for Grim to give his take on things because he's the professional here and we know he's not scum.

    So for Grim, the pops I wish I had, and virm, the older brother no one would ever wish they had:

    VOTE Torn.

  96. #396
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    I knew I could count on you, buddy. FOR VIRM!

  97. #397
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    25,729
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72580
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Sox, lads, AFK. I've definitely had more than two posts in here since the night phase, FFS.
    Sorry! For some reason I only went back one page to look for your posts and had those two being your only ones. The page before has a bucketload.

  98. #398
    hotthickbutteredtoast mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    57,609
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    300579
    Damn my honesty. It's gonna get me killed. On the plus side, it's nice to know people think I'm smart.

  99. #399
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    12,253
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    135431
    mth, I love you. And until given enough reason, you will remain alive. However, as a wannabe detective, I can't rule you out after knowing your mind for the last couple years.

    BTW, VOTE TORN!

  100. #400
    You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Snowville.
    Posts
    15,239
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    51405


    Is it we need 7 to lynch now? And there's 6 for Torn?

    This is a nightmare. I'm not sold on Torn, I get all your points - and you make sense... but damn, he was quick to be suspect number 1.

    Vote: Torn.

    If he isn't scum, I think we've got our 2/3 suspects for night/day 3.. we should have this wrapped up soon. And if he is, we'll have it wrapped up sooner.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •