User Tag List

Thread: Football bad boys (Or Joey Barton does it again)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Football bad boys (Or Joey Barton does it again)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22022259

The man is an idiot, he gets chance after chance and stuffs up again, he seemed to be doing ok again then when he finds himself out of the headlines he just has to push and push till he goes over the top.

How many great players (and I'm not saying he's great) are lost to stupid habits, and how many good players never get a chance to grow because they have the IQ of a boiled egg?

At our club we seem to have our share, Ranger being the latest to have damaged his career, pretty sure everyone has players at their clubs who are the same.

Mind he has a point about him looking like a fat ladyboy...
    Last edited by Rip; April 4th, 2013 at 8:29 AM.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that earlier, but what can PSG do?

They've essentially asked to stop being mean, Marseilles have apologised and that's that, surely?

Simon
    I stuck up for him for a long time on the basis of a number of things he did which showed a different side to his character (most notably an interview on 5 Live where he came across as a lot more intelligent and thoughtful than most footballers) and it seemed as though he was alright when he steered clear of alcohol, but increasingly from his Twitter feed he does just seem like an arsehole in general, even ignoring his alcohol and anger issues, albeit one who IS more intelligent than most footballers.

We don't seem to have any at Spurs really - it's no secret that a few years ago we had a group that liked a piss-up, but everyone from that group has either moved on (Keane, Hutton, Jenas, Giovani) or grown up (Lennon, Huddlestone), I don't think any of the current side has ever courted any real controversy.

I saw Ravel Morrison score a great goal for Birmingham against Palace the other day and by all accounts he's doing well there on loan, hopefully he can come back and get some regular football for West Ham next year and steer clear of the life that was dragging him down, it says a lot for how he must have been that even Ferguson didn't think he could tame him despite his qualities.
    Last edited by Simon; April 4th, 2013 at 9:49 AM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's taken him a bit of time to get into his stride, but he's really been quite impressive recently and, gosh darn it, a lot of is down to Clark's skill with younger players and man management skills which are looking more impressive by the week.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The only one I can recall at Derby in recent memory is Liam Dickinson, signed as a potentially good player for the future, snorted some coke, acted like a cunt, never played for us, and got fucked off, dont even know if hes still playing.

Simon
    He played for Brighton for a while and we saw him out a couple of times, you could tell he thought he was a big shot but he was sound enough I thought.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Did he keep excusing himself to go the toilet by chance?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing football on coke is not something you ever want to do.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I once played a sunday morning match which kicked off at 10 (can't remember why, probably a Newcastle or sunderland game on at lunchtime) and my mate and I had been drinking vodka until 6 in the morning, we'd played a rugby semi final the day before and beaten a side that should have destroyed us so we went for it big style after the game and around 11 totally forgot we were due to play footie the next day, my mate was playing centre half and went off after ten minutes because he needed to piss and never came back, I lasted till half time (no idea how since I spent the entire half trying to maim the other sides smart arse kid who was taking the piss - he was shit loads better than me to be fair and he ended up playing for Hartlepool if I remember right) then I threw up on one of our subs and couldn't stand back up

Not my proudest sporting moment.

Oh and I also played Cricket pissed, I wasn't due to play so I'd gone to the ground early with my brother and we'd been sitting in the sun watching another game with a few beers (quite a few) then our captain told me one of the lads hadn't shown up so I played, didn't realise how bad I was till I tried to bat.
    Last edited by Rip; April 4th, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joey Barton is a bonafide idiot. He isnt more intelligent than your average footballer, he's an idiot.

The Pride of the Midlands Prototype16's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pennant is clearly a bit of a twat and seems to have blown his last chance at a top flight club. Frustrating as he could probably stay out on the piss all week and still put in a better performance on a Saturday afternoon than Michael Kightly has managed all season

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    The only one I can recall at Derby in recent memory is Liam Dickinson, signed as a potentially good player for the future, snorted some coke, acted like a cunt, never played for us, and got fucked off, dont even know if hes still playing.
    Broke his leg playing for us about a year ago. Not got fully fit since.

Andy
    I don't think Joey Barton is intelligent at all. I think he googles quotes to use and tries his hardest to use them but they're always out of context and nonsensical. He is an idiot and an absolute scumbag.