Page 213 of 245 FirstFirst ... 203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,300 of 24454

Thread: The VIP Thread

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I encountered someone last week who said they stopped watching wrestling when they realized it was fake. I was like And then they said they loved reality TV. They weren't happy when I told them that shit is fake too.
    Wrestling should try and kayfabe at least as much as The Kardashians.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If someone was going to book a former wrestler for an appearance, where would the go to do that?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    If someone was going to book a former wrestler for an appearance, where would the go to do that?
    Their social media 9 times out of 10 will have contact information on how to book them. If it doesn't, shoot them a DM. I imagine some of the lesser relevant talent probably just deal with bookings direct.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why are so many wrestlers afterthoughts. So much wasted talent. It's a shame. I don't have the solution, but man Rusev should be doing a lot better than a Jerry Springer type storyline. And has Dolph Ziggler just given up. What a meaningless position to be in.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    It's pretty mad to think that all that talent, all those writers and sooooo much TV time and they can't even come up stuff for the bloody good talent they have. Owens, Ziggler, Zayn etc etc.

That said, I watch so little these days and things might not be as bad as I think they are, but they probably are.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are so many wrestlers afterthoughts. So much wasted talent. It's a shame. I don't have the solution, but man Rusev should be doing a lot better than a Jerry Springer type storyline. And has Dolph Ziggler just given up. What a meaningless position to be in.
    Yes Rusev is in a silly storyline but he's being used. I would guess WWE considers this storyline one of their priorities leaving Survivor Series.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rusev's in one of the top, most focused on storylines going right now. Stupid storyline or not, he's getting a shit-ton of spotlight.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope it all leads to a championship run for Rusev.

I'll be honest, I don't think I've watched any WWE since I saw Lashley return and kiss Lana. I've read results so that's probably why I didn't realize it was something bigger than it is. Forgive me.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I hope it all leads to a championship run for Rusev.
    Lets be honest though, yes right now he's featured a lot, but once it's over, it's more likely to lead to fuck all for Rusev than a title run of any description.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Rusev's in one of the top, most focused on storylines going right now. Stupid storyline or not, he's getting a shit-ton of spotlight.
    He's getting shit poured onto his face, more like.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Yes Rusev is in a silly storyline but he's being used. I would guess WWE considers this storyline one of their priorities leaving Survivor Series.
    I'd rather they just not use him than what they're doing with him now.

Yeah, a spotlight shining dog shit all over him.

I think sometimes wrestling fans forget that quality actually matters. Rusev is being used....like a buffoon. Like the majority of his WWE run. Whether that was post-John Cena, the Legion of Foreigners, the Summer Rae angle, the Rusev day comedy shit with English, now this......

"At least he's being used" "At least we have something different" "At least we have new people in the main event (Jinder)" These are not things that fans should settle on just because they're happening....QUALITY should be a priority. Fans need to stop settling and want more out of what they're wasting 2-3 hours a day on.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I fucking hate Survivor Series booking every year. "Battle for brand supremacy" fuck oooofffff

Just give us even some weak ass made up reason why people are so desperate to represent their brand and also win. "Winning brand all get million dollar bonuses" or something.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo Fortyone View Post
    God I fucking hate Survivor Series booking every year. "Battle for brand supremacy" fuck oooofffff

Just give us even some weak ass made up reason why people are so desperate to represent their brand and also win. "Winning brand all get million dollar bonuses" or something.
    Too fucking right.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest thing would be clinching the 30th spot in the Rumble of their choice.

Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did think about that but I reckon that's a step too far.

Winners get an opportunity for one person to have the advantage in a match with 29 other people that determines the number one contender for a title at Wrestlemania (that sometimes ends up with someone else in the match as well). Pffft.

A fictional prize purse changes NOTHING else about their booking plans, other than it making total fucking sense why people are willing to team up with people they are otherwise feuding with.

"Hey look I know we hate each other but it's a million dollars yeah? Let's get at it."

And then halfway through the match a moment of "shove the money up your ass, eat an RKO instead!" or something carries so much more weight. "He hates him SOOOO much that he gave up the chance at a massive payday just get a shot in! What a prick!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like yeah let the GMs waffle on about brand supremacy or whatever. But that's why they put up the cash! They want the prestige, the wrestlers want the pesos!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo Fortyone View Post
    I did think about that but I reckon that's a step too far.

Winners get an opportunity for one person to have the advantage in a match with 29 other people that determines the number one contender for a title at Wrestlemania (that sometimes ends up with someone else in the match as well). Pffft.

A fictional prize purse changes NOTHING else about their booking plans, other than it making total fucking sense why people are willing to team up with people they are otherwise feuding with.

"Hey look I know we hate each other but it's a million dollars yeah? Let's get at it."

And then halfway through the match a moment of "shove the money up your ass, eat an RKO instead!" or something carries so much more weight. "He hates him SOOOO much that he gave up the chance at a massive payday just get a shot in! What a prick!"
    100% agreed. There needs to be something. what is even sillier is NXT is just feuding in WAR GAMES but they have to team with each other right after that? come on.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wish they had kept NXT separate, I'm really hating that they are going to be at Survivor Series.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Because Raw Vs Smackdown is such a hit?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I am hating it, or that I have gotten to the point where I just don't care about it, which really is worse.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I'm deffo the latter.

I hope that once Survivor Series is over, NXT goes back to being separate. If not, there's a good chance it slowly becomes just another WWE show. And that would be the last straw for me. For now, anyway.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I'm deffo the latter.

I hope that once Survivor Series is over, NXT goes back to being separate. If not, there's a good chance it slowly becomes just another WWE show. And that would be the last straw for me. For now, anyway.
    I'm sure all the brands will go back to being separate until next week. At least I hope.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% agreed. There needs to be something. what is even sillier is NXT is just feuding in WAR GAMES but they have to team with each other right after that? come on.
    The easiest solution is the winners of the WarGames matchups represent NXT the following night. Puts them at a disadvantage from a working perspective but that alleviates the concern most of the teams have with infighting. You have to add one more to each team but it's probably more cohesive with the winner representing the brand the next night.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; November 20th, 2019 at 10:58 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The easiest solution is the winners of the WarGames matchups represent NXT the following night. Puts them at a disadvantage from a working perspective but that alleviates the concern most of the teams have with infighting.
    at least Adam Cole is going to be depending the title on the show and not teaming with Ciampa here.

it seems like they are probably going to go with Ciampa, Riddle, Lee, and a couple other guys that aren't feuding with each other. leads me to believe the faces win at war games to add more credibility to the survivor series team

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at least Adam Cole is going to be depending the title on the show and not teaming with Ciampa here.

it seems like they are probably going to go with Ciampa, Riddle, Lee, and a couple other guys that aren't feuding with each other. leads me to believe the faces win at war games to add more credibility to the survivor series team
    Against who? I guess I didn't see the match announced. I assumed he would be in the Survivor Series match against Raw and Smackdown.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Cole is facing the winner of Dijakovic/Dunne/Dain at SS.

As it stands, anyway...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Cole is facing the winner of Dijakovic/Dunne/Dain at SS.

As it stands, anyway...
    Priest, not Dijakovic.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What did Jim Cornette say on Powerr that he had to resign?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cornette was calling a match between champion Nick Aldis and Trevor Murdoch -- when the announcer tried to praise Murdoch for his toughness ... and went super racist.
    "He’s the only man I’ve ever known that can strap a bucket of fried chicken on his back and ride a motor scooter across Ethiopia."

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Those are the kind of jokes that Lawler made all the time on 90s RAWs. It was a different time, but that shit doesn't fly anymore. Shouldn't have flown then either, but at least the world is progressing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Cornette was calling a match between champion Nick Aldis and Trevor Murdoch -- when the announcer tried to praise Murdoch for his toughness ... and went super racist.
    "He’s the only man I’ve ever known that can strap a bucket of fried chicken on his back and ride a motor scooter across Ethiopia."
    I think he might have been ok had he not tweeted this morning saying "anyone heard any good jokes lately?"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are the kind of jokes that Lawler made all the time on 90s RAWs. It was a different time, but that shit doesn't fly anymore. Shouldn't have flown then either, but at least the world is progressing.
    like did he have to say "fried chicken?" of all the types of food out there? how can the comment even be defended? if he said pizza or hamburgers or whatever the fuck. fried chicken of all the things

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a dumb ass. That joke works if you replace fried chicken with Wendy's double cheeseburgers.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    like did he have to say "fried chicken?" of all the types of food out there? how can the comment even be defended? if he said pizza or hamburgers or whatever the fuck. fried chicken of all the things
    Maybe he's a fan of fried chicken. I think Lawler is a fan too. Nah, he's probably just making a racist joke. Hasn't he made racist comments before?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he's a fan of fried chicken. I think Lawler is a fan too. Nah, he's probably just making a racist joke. Hasn't he made racist comments before?
    Who isn't a fan of fried chicken? lol. I hate everyone who dislikes fried chicken.

But the correlation between black folks and chicken and how this was for some odd ass reason an issue for white people back in the day....Plus the Ethiopia part....wtf.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Who isn't a fan of fried chicken? lol. I hate everyone who dislikes fried chicken.

But the correlation between black folks and chicken and how this was for some odd ass reason an issue for white people back in the day....Plus the Ethiopia part....wtf.
    I love me some Bojangles or Zaxby's. Not a fan of KFC or Popeye's though.

I often wonder, with comments like this, like, would anyone have even noticed the comment had Jim Cornette not resigned or news articles going around it? Would you the viewer be sitting there watching Power and say to yourself "I can't believe he just said that!" Half of the time I don't pay attention to commentary.

I don't think comments like that are ok, but sometimes I think the backlash against it makes it bigger than it would have been otherwise. Honestly, had I not read the news article I would never have known Jim Cornette made that comment. Hope I'm clear with what I'm saying.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when Fuzzy Zoeller make a fried chicken comment about Tiger at the Masters? Even referred to him as "boy" and told him not him to serve collard greens or "whatever the hell they serve."

People using fried chicken and collard greens like it's an insult. That's a pretty good meal.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd be more worried about being called Fuzzy than anything else.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love me some Bojangles or Zaxby's. Not a fan of KFC or Popeye's though.

I often wonder, with comments like this, like, would anyone have even noticed the comment had Jim Cornette not resigned or news articles going around it? Would you the viewer be sitting there watching Power and say to yourself "I can't believe he just said that!" Half of the time I don't pay attention to commentary.

I don't think comments like that are ok, but sometimes I think the backlash against it makes it bigger than it would have been otherwise. Honestly, had I not read the news article I would never have known Jim Cornette made that comment. Hope I'm clear with what I'm saying.
    Considering the show got a lot of buzz for the opening week and seemed to maintain similar viewership and he was one of the positives, it was going to get noticed before he resigned. Even if there's not actual reported news articles, social media is going to raise that up the flagpole in a hurry.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cornette and what he says is are under the biggest microscope in pro wrestling. Everything he says is almost always broken down by people he shits on in hopes to find SOMETHING homophobic, transphobic, grabbing another man's penis phobic, whatever.

I love Jim Cornette but sometimes you have to wonder what the fuck was he thinking? Again, you want to joke about starving people in Ethopia let's not have a tie in to one of the oldest racist connotations in the last 50-60 years.

Sometimes people cross that line. You can chalk it up to being southern, old, whatever the fuck. Again, I think the joke had promise and if it were a black person saying the exact same line it would have been met with laughter because it's almost a self deprecating comment, like I could totally hear Chris Rock or Chappelle saying that same exact "joke" and the crowd erupting.

Let's hope ACH didn't hear this.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I mean the Ethiopia part is the joke. Because of all the starving people. I mean what is Ethiopia famous for if not an epic never ending famine?

But I'm sure if given the opportunity to hit the rewind button and use a slightly less delicious food (because nothing is more delicious than fried chicken. Hands down. I will hear no arguments) he would have.

But you have to keep the Ethiopia part or else the joke doesnt work at all.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; November 20th, 2019 at 8:20 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Well I mean the Ethiopia part is the joke. Because of all the starving people. I mean what is Ethiopia famous for if not an epic never ending famine?

But I'm sure if given the opportunity to hit the rewind button and use a slightly less delicious food (because nothing is more delicious than fried chicken. Hands down. I will hear no arguments) he would have.

But you have to keep the Ethiopia part or else the joke doesnt work at all.
    I'm just saying maybe choose a country that isn't black top to bottom lol. Keep Ethiopia but use a different food like donuts idk fuck

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just saying maybe choose a country that isn't black top to bottom lol. Keep Ethiopia but use a different food like donuts idk fuck
    Oh yeah for sure the food should have been different. But for that specific joke, only Ethiopia would have really worked so naturally you need to go with a non racist food for that region (never minding of course that actual Africans probably don't eat fried chicken). And of course there arent many of those. I mean food is culturally tied to race. You cant make the same joke and have it take place in a Central American country and use tacos, for example.

But in that case were you to use fried chicken it would be totally acceptable.

Basically Jim just needs to better wrap his mind around the whole food/racism paradigm a little better. I mean honestly this type of stuff is entry level sociological-dietary study at any good public college.

Jim is really showing his ignorance here.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; November 20th, 2019 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Oh yeah for sure the food should have been different. But for that specific joke, only Ethiopia would have really worked so naturally you need to go with a non racist food for that region (never minding of course that actual Africans probably don't eat fried chicken). And of course there arent many of those. I mean food is culturally tied to race. You cant make the same joke and have it take place in a Central American country and use tacos, for example.

But in that case were you to use fried chicken it would be totally acceptable.

Basically Jim just needs to better wrap his mind around the whole food/racism paradigm a little better. I mean honestly this type of stuff is entry level sociological-dietary study at any good public college.

Jim is really showing his ignorance here
    LOL

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If he went fishing, and he tried to catch Wade Barrett, Heath Slater, Ezekiel Jackson, and Justin Gabriel, would he use a Corre Net?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you could walk into a locker room from any era, which would you choose and why?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you could walk into a locker room from any era, which would you choose and why?
    Probably the 80s when the likes of Savage, Jake, Hogan et al were still around. Purely because the locker room stories and various pranks from back then were legendary.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say the women's locker room during the era of Trish, Lita, Victoria but also Maria, Christy Hemme, Melina, Michelle McCool, etc. Whenever those women were all in the WWE, that's where I'd like to be.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would say the women's locker room during the era of Trish, Lita, Victoria but also Maria, Christy Hemme, Melina, Michelle McCool, etc. Whenever those women were all in the WWE, that's where I'd like to be.
    You horny dog you

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also today's locker room but only to get on Upupdowndown.

And talking to Braun.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But they’d all just kind of freak out and kick you out.

Maybe if you got in there first and installed some hidden cameras or hid in a closet?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still in love with Christy Hemme.

I'm enough of a TN boy that I just cant resist a really pretty girl that just radiates trailer park. When I found out she used to do Monster Truck rallies I was like marry me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    But they’d all just kind of freak out and kick you out.

Maybe if you got in there first and installed some hidden cameras or hid in a closet?
    Worth it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Rollins didn't even know the red lighting was going to be used during his HIAC match with Wyatt? That's laughable.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget Layla. Absolutely gorgeous. Her dance off with Eve is incredible.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Don't forget Layla. Absolutely gorgeous. Her dance off with Eve is incredible.
    Layla, very underrated.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This might sound morbid, but if I'm still alive in 3 days, I'll have outlived Umaga

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Umaga Day, then?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might sound morbid, but if I'm still alive in 3 days, I'll have outlived Umaga
    Sagittarius brothers unite

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nah, I'm (not Austin) Aries, but he was born on March 27 1973 and I was born April 2 1983, and he died on Dec. 4 2009 and it's December 6 2019.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an Umaga shirt at a wrestling show and planned on changing into it before his match but the queue for the toilet was so large I just changed into it in the lobby there and then. According to my friend, there were girls taking photos lol.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hero! bought me an Umaga shirt in exchange for a painting I did for him but then i accidentally shrunk it too much in the wash.

Also, Umaga was the shit and it sucks he's dead.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hero! bought me an Umaga shirt in exchange for a painting I did for him but then i accidentally shrunk it too much in the wash.

Also, Umaga was the shit and it sucks he's dead.
    It really does suck. He should’ve gotten a World title run even if it was transitional.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    That match with Cena at Royal Rumble '07 was bloody brilliant.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Two time Hall of Famer Sean Xpac Waltman lets make some noize my boiz. atRingo atPsycho

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Cool of Big Dave to request Finlay as his inductor too, who I presume had a big hand in his early career, rather than the more glamorous on-screen mentors like Flair or Trips.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes, Finlay is known for training a lot of the divas

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Finlay is known for training a lot of the divas
    I love Batista, my favorite wrestler of his era so to speak, but damn that's fucking funny.

The nWo induction is great but I'm shocked that we're not seeing Bischoff. He is the creator. Possibly turned it down, possibly wasn't asked (more than likely). Maybe holding off for a solo induction? The Giant was another name, but then I thought they'd want him getting inducted on his own but he had 3 stints as a member of the nWo. Great either way.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; December 10th, 2019 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Two time Hall of Famer Sean Xpac Waltman lets make some noize my boiz. atRingo atPsycho
    One day they will recognize his greatness and give him that 3x as a solo induction.

A man can dream, right?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I met Sean once guess which one of us was off our nut?

Serious talk, Something needs to be done with Cass before we wake up one day and read how he was found unresponsive, The guy is seriously not well.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was confused why everyone was mentioning X-Pac, because when I first read the announcement it listed just Hogan, Hall, and Nash as being inducted. And I think it should just be those three, with maybe Eric Bischoff. Was X-Pac really that important to the nWo?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was confused why everyone was mentioning X-Pac, because when I first read the announcement it listed just Hogan, Hall, and Nash as being inducted. And I think it should just be those three, with maybe Eric Bischoff. Was X-Pac really that important to the nWo?
    In a way yes. He was one of the only guys who could have a good match with anyone that were in the stable. He added the technical wrestling element that people weren't looking for out of the others. Nobody was hoping to see Nash v. Ric Flair go 60 minutes trading moves back and forth lol. Well, maybe I did.....

He was basically the 3rd Outsider aka The original Wolfpac. Being real about it though, if he was never in the group it wouldn't have mattered as much but I definitely think they would have suffered without a guy who was a great wrestler. Character wise he was never a guy that made you want to buy a ticket to hear talk but you would to see him wrestle.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just find it hilarious that a guy who once said "Hulk Hogan, you suck pal!" is getting inducted alongside him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just find it hilarious that a guy who once said "Hulk Hogan, you suck pal!" is getting inducted alongside him.
    To be fair, prior to that Hogan said Syxx couldn't "cut the mustard" lol

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    To be fair, prior to that Hogan said Syxx couldn't "cut the mustard" lol
    And I was thinking, yesterday, how you don't really ever hear WWE shit on competition, but then I rememberd the Nacho Man and Huckster and Billionaire Ted, and then the X-Pac promo the RAW after WrestleMania XIV, and the recent digs at TNA

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I was thinking, yesterday, how you don't really ever hear WWE shit on competition, but then I rememberd the Nacho Man and Huckster and Billionaire Ted, and then the X-Pac promo the RAW after WrestleMania XIV, and the recent digs at TNA
    Oh yeah man the WWF didn't give a fuck. They actually used to have segments on Raw where Jim Cornette would shoot on WCW, mainly shitting on the nWo. I'll never forget him saying something about the only reason Hall and Nash ever let Pac hang with them is because they thought it was hilarious when he'd puke all over himself lol.

You know, the WWE probably could kill AEW with shitting on their product through NXT but I'm glad they haven't. DX's potshots at the company during the HOF speech is probably the peak of it right now.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Mercedes has 3 different Es in its name that are all pronounced differently

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    So someone on Reddit revealed that they'd come across Lars Sullivan starring in a gay porn film from when he was quite a bit younger. You probably wouldn't hold out much hope for his career going anywhere in WWE with this having come out.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    So someone on Reddit revealed that they'd come across Lars Sullivan starring in a gay porn film from when he was quite a bit younger. You probably wouldn't hold out much hope for his career going anywhere in WWE with this having come out.
    Made all the more interesting by his homophobic tweets.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Twitter's been giving it no room to breathe either. The dude's career seems pretty compromised, especially w/ his past being exposed. He has legit mental issues so I can only imagine he's in an even deeper negative space while dealing w/ his injury.

But this isn't the first time WWE has had to deal w/ stuff like this. Seth Rollins used to do those awkward as fuck porno-ish wrestling videos and Paige endured pretty much everything one can possibly endure and then some... but she's doing great now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first thought was who’d wanna see Lars in porn, gay or straight? But then I saw the pic of him in 2014 and his head is a normal size and he isnt terrible looking, so to steal a line from Halloween 2018, what happened to you hoss?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why exactly is starring in a gay porn a career ruining thing? Is the WWE homophobic?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took them a long time to acknowledge Chyna again for doing porn so...

The Rosk
    One of the hardest wanks I’ve got through tbh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw a SD promo during the Eagles/Giants game and the announcer says “Do you know who Sasha Shanks is?” No... no I dont.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lars Sullivan?

More like Lars Bangsaman.

Lars Blowsaman.
    Last edited by mth; December 29th, 2019 at 8:37 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lars Sullivan?

More like Lars Bangsaman.

Lars Blowsaman.
    You really thought it was worth it to post this?
    Last edited by mth; December 29th, 2019 at 8:37 PM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm gonna guess that the WWE used the Chyna porno as an excuse to distance themselves from her, because saying Triple H cheated on her and having that the reason doesn't look as good.

I think Sullivan should be fine. Hopefully he's learned from his past comments and can move on. If he was in a gay porn in a prior life then good for him, I don't think that should hinder his dream of being a pro wrestler.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    My first thought was who’d wanna see Lars in porn, gay or straight? But then I saw the pic of him in 2014 and his head is a normal size and he isnt terrible looking, so to steal a line from Halloween 2018, what happened to you hoss?
    He does have acromegaly, I believe.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Apparently he did the porn in 2010 and in by 2013 he was active on the bodybuilding.com forums posting stuff like

“That sounds like a brave gay guy you worked with, in a weird in way. He would actually have no reservations about telling his straight co workers about how he had sex with other men? I’m sorry but that’s where I would draw the line and make him feel like a worthless outcast of society.”

He's had a lot of mental health issues while he's been with WWE too. Defo a lot going on there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really thought it was worth it to post this?
    Yes. Very much so.

Its 2019, people finding out you did porn, even gay porn, isn't the career killer it used to be. If this were 1999, Lars Fuckedaman would be blacklisted from, at least, every American promotion. But now, who cares? Besides, Lars has a litany of other problems to deal with that are a little more important than some gay porno stuff. Like not being a racist and sexist and homophobic prick.
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; December 29th, 2019 at 11:40 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Very much so.
    Considering your post got edited, you were wrong. Using a slur wasn't a smart idea.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering your post got edited, you were wrong. Using a slur wasn't a smart idea.
    Meh. Point still stands.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not going to be a monster heel now we've seen his todger in another fella's mouth. I could give a shit, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't get shit from the crowd because of it. That is the world we live in. I think WWE have to look at protecting an individual with a history of mental health issues and take advice from professionals.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Very much so.

Its 2019, people finding out you did porn, even gay porn, isn't the career killer it used to be. If this were 1999, Lars Fuckedaman would be blacklisted from, at least, every American promotion. But now, who cares? Besides, Lars has a litany of other problems to deal with that are a little more important than some gay porno stuff. Like not being a racist and sexist and homophobic prick.
    Judging by your comments I think it does bother you in 2019 that Lars did gay porn.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fans were ok with Finn endorsing LGBTQ rights so they might of been ok with Lars doing gay porn if he wasnt homophobic and racist. Also, if this was 1998 Vince would have Lars playing a totally over the top gay character so he should be thankful for that.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    lars is clearly a guy who has issues. it would be nice if people stopped digging into his past and just let him get on with it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    lars is clearly a guy who has issues. it would be nice if people stopped digging into his past and just let him get on with it.
    It's what people do these days, find dirt on people and try to bring them down, when I'm pretty sure we all have dirt on us if you dig enough. Like you said, just let him get on with it. How is he supposed to grow and learn?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Very much so.

How are you coming to this conclusion?

Also, your "joke" names make it seem like you're not quite as ok with it as you try to proclaim.