Page 241 of 245 FirstFirst ... 231237238239240241242243244245 LastLast
Results 24,001 to 24,100 of 24466

Thread: The VIP Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IDC what anyone says if you don't think Cena can rap you're fucking high. I bought that record the first day it came out and was blown away at how good that record was. Coming up in that underground Boston/New England scene you know he was listening to really good shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realize until now that the Shawn Michael/British Bulldog feud was a little art imitating life in hindsight...right? Skip/Sunny vibes.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    IDC what anyone says if you don't think Cena can rap you're fucking high. I bought that record the first day it came out and was blown away at how good that record was. Coming up in that underground Boston/New England scene you know he was listening to really good shit.
    I was just spinning Cena's album in my car last week. I'm far from qualified to judge rap so I just assume it's shit but I have fun listening to it so whatever.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Mark Hitchcock Memorial Super Show was on last night and I watched it for The Briscoes vs Low Ki and Homicide but there was a nuts 10 man tag with teams I have to talk about.

Team Onita was Onita, Rock n Roll Express, Juice Robinson and Colt Cabana
    Team PCO was PCO, NZO, Dirty Dango (Fandango), Jimmy Wang Yang and Barry Horowitz

The most random teams I've ever seen.

Summer Rae also came out and danced with Dango after the match.
    Last edited by Bert; April 1st, 2022 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Holy shit yeah that is random stuff.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are fucking great. Team Onita, that's something I could definitely see happening at least in Japan. Team PCO is kind of funny because it's basically a bunch of goofy mid-lower card WWF/E weirdos. The Pirate, Enzo, Fandango, Cowboy, and Barry Horriblewitz.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh yeah the first team I could totally see on some card in Japan. I bet it was a fun match.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That Briscoes vs Rottweilers match wasn't very good but that's because Lo Ki and Homicide spent like 10mins arguing with some heckling fan. It would have been a better match if they just ignored him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low Ki....Has that dude ever been in a real fight?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Sunny better bump up the Only Fans costs because she's probably going to prison for a few decades.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/06/wwe-l...sh-in-florida/

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's wild. She can't seem to get her life together. Maybe behind bars for life is the best place for her.

Even if she wasn't driving under the influence, she should still be charged heavily.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Interesting video with AOP. I wish they went more in detail about the handshake deal they made.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton, and Vince on Pat McAfee's show over the past few days. Watched Brock on there a few weeks back, too. All really good stuff. Hope he keeps having WWE guys on regularly.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are interpreting this as a tease for Rock/Reigns at Mania...
    https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/...widget%3DTweet
    Whaddayathink?

Apparently they also teased the match on the Evil episode about reigns, not sure if anyone here watched it...?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watched the Evil episode but I don't remember that. They talked about how even The Rock holding his arm up at the rumble couldn't save him from the boos.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a clip in that Twitter thread mth posted. It was at the end it looked like, where they were saying something about there being only one other samoan superstar and that it was The Rock or some shit, then Roman hinting at bigger things to come

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @MTR

How was Glory Pro? It's on YouTube so I might watch it tomorrow. I'm sorry you had to see an Allie Katch match, she's god awful. She's been doing it so long I don't know how she hasn't improved seemingly at all. Some of the worst selling from a woman's wrestler I've ever seen in her match with Mickie James for GCW. Not to mention her lack of cardio. She's gassed 5mins into any match.
    Last edited by Bert; April 24th, 2022 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was a blast. I got a photo with Suzuki and Davey Richards and got their autographs on a pic from their match they had last fall. I also got a pic with Danhausen and autograph. Next time I will hit up more of the local talent for merch. I love indy shows that the wrestlers are doing their own merch and interacting with fans. Danhausen was sitting not far from me and my son just watching some of the matches at times. My son is ready to back. Front row sold out already for next show. Probably get some GA tickets again like this time. It will be at South Broadway Athletic Club on May 22nd so probably take him before he is gone for the summer.

There is wrestling down at the Grendel next week. Moose, Josh Alexander, Tenille Dashwood and the former Kalisto will be there along with Davey Richards and the various local talents like Tootie Lynn, Dan the Dad, etc. Don't plan on going but it is tempting. St. Louis Anarchy has a show the week after that in Collinsville. Not sure who is on the card off the top of my head. I am going to try to go to more shows but not sure I am going to hit these two shows. My wife is being good about me going to shows but I did just buy Dynamite Tickets and trying to talk her to letting me go to Forbidden Door. lol

I don't think Allie Katch was all bad but not the best. I like Tootie Lyn but she is still learning honestly. So that match could have been better.

Anyway tonight was a good show at a nice venue and yes it had some outside talent but lots of good local talent and indy stars. Are the matches on the level with WWE, AEW, Impact, NJPW, etc? No but they were still some good solid matches and it was entertaining which is the point.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Will Osprey is on the Collinsville show Warrior Wrestling May 28th which is a short drive from me. $86 for 2 GA tickets though, seems steep. Jeff Cobb, Athena and Deonna Purrazzo are also on the card though. Along with Davey Richards, Mike Bennet, and Jonah who I don't care as much about but are names.
    Last edited by Bert; April 25th, 2022 at 6:52 AM.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I was just looking at that card this morning. Not a bad card but not sure I want to spend that much to see Ospreay who would be the main reason for me going. I would rather pony up some more money and go to Chicago for Forbidden Door which he will probably be at. But him vs Richards will be a good match.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Glory Pro announced Eddie Kingston vs Davey Richards for their next show. Only $22 after fees for a ticket. I know that my son wants to go just see what happens now after how the last show ended.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Mazer @Kneeneighbor @Sober CWE

There is an after party at Jack Patrick's for a show going on this weekend. Clearly a good bar to go to for wrestling fans as we found out at Royal Rumble and it filled up with people before the show.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Bert

If you ever want to meet up for a show let me know. Plenty going on the coming weeks. Looks like there will always be shows going on.

Grandel Wrestling April 30th. downtown in Grand Arts District. Some Impact people including Moose and Josh Alexander. $25 tickets

St. Louis Anarchy May 6th over in Alton. Don't really know anyone on that card. $20

MMWA at the South Broadway Athletic Club. May 14 Don't know any of the people $10

Glory Pro South Broadway Athletic Club May 22. Richards vs Kingston announced $20

Warrior Wrestling May 28th. You know the card for that. I am kind of want to go to see Osprey but have a feeling I will pass on it.

For sure going to Glory Pro. Interested in Grandel but not planning on going at this point. Don't really know people at the other two shows. I am sure they will be fun but be nice to know some of the people including the local talent.

Definitely going to go do more shows but not them all. Can't afford all that plus I have plenty of other things to get done around the house.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved the interview Pat McAfee had today with Sonya DeVille. They discussed how she lost chompionship matches 3 times last night.

I knew she had been active in the Pride parade stuff, but hadn't realized she and Mandy Rose have started DaMandy'z Donuts.

She doesn't know where Butch is, and mentioned that Adam Pearce is responsible more for handling the issues that KO is having with Ezekiel.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Was just playing Yokozuna vs. Omos in the WWE 2K22 game, and Omos kicked out of the Banzai Drop. I was like what the fuck?

Then it got me thinking, did anyone ever kick out of the Banzai Drop? Not that I can recall. I know Steve Austin moved out of the way of the Banzai Drop, but has Yoko ever dropped on someone and they kicked out?

While we are at it, are there any other finishers that no one has ever kicked out? Sure if Yokozuna was wrestling in 2022, people would be kicking out of the Banzai drop left and right.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't remember anyone kicking out. I remember people moving out of the way like Bret Hart and what not but I don't think anyone ever kicked out.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vader either counted or kicked it out of it I think. Can’t remember which right now.

I think at least there was a moment where he tried it on Austin but flubbed then Austin was able to roll him up.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

I think at least there was a moment where he tried it on Austin but flubbed then Austin was able to roll him up.
    Yes, on the Free For All before SummerSlam 1996. Yoko went for the Banzai Drop but the ropes snapped and he fell backwards but Austin rolled out of the way and then pinned Yoko

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Yes, on the Free For All before SummerSlam 1996. Yoko went for the Banzai Drop but the ropes snapped and he fell backwards but Austin rolled out of the way and then pinned Yoko
    Good memory. Knew offhand it was something like that.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we are at it, are there any other finishers that no one has ever kicked out?.
    Did anyone ever kick out of Big Show's WMD? I seem to recall a few times where he missed contact, but that was an incredibly protected move.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Did anyone ever kick out of Big Show's WMD? I seem to recall a few times where he missed contact, but that was an incredibly protected move.
    Sheamus and Mark Henry I believe. Possibly Brock but less sure on that one, just a guess there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was just playing Yokozuna vs. Omos in the WWE 2K22 game, and Omos kicked out of the Banzai Drop. I was like what the fuck?

Then it got me thinking, did anyone ever kick out of the Banzai Drop? Not that I can recall. I know Steve Austin moved out of the way of the Banzai Drop, but has Yoko ever dropped on someone and they kicked out?

While we are at it, are there any other finishers that no one has ever kicked out? Sure if Yokozuna was wrestling in 2022, people would be kicking out of the Banzai drop left and right.
    Hogan.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Hogan.
    Was that at KOTR 93?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that at KOTR 93?
    I actually thought it was Mania 9 but nope. I don't think anyone has ever kicked out of it.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I don't remember Hogan kicking out. I mean it wouldn't have been surprising if he had but I can't remember people kicking out of the bonzai drop. I remember Austin and Hart moving out of the way but not anyone kicking out.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's amazing. Could it be the only finisher never to be kicked out of? Fascinating.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's amazing. Could it be the only finisher never to be kicked out of? Fascinating.
    I'd believe it. Probably too dangerous to kick out of lol

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe Hogan's leg drop. Oh nevermind, SID!

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't watch GCW but do sort of keep up with it at times. Anyway they are coming to St. Louis on July 1st. Interested to see what venue they will have it. Not sure how interested I will be to going. Probably depend on who may work the show.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd rather get another root canal than watch an Allie Katch match live.

Glory Pro was on Ethan Page's vlog.
    15:30ish.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He was tweeting about watching the show for free on youtube and then came out to start the show. It was great. He didn't stick around though because he flew in and flew out on the same day. He said next time he will stick around to do pics and stuff at intermission.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You hate Allie and Nash hates Yuta and Excalibur. Such hate around here.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Don’t forget Hook and Danhausen. Triple threat with them and Yuta with Excalibur commentating alone would make the Cornette rants sounds like a kitten meowing.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marko Stunt as special ref and Miro as special guest timekeeper with Donald doing a run in on the latter trying to ring the bell himself.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    But mine is reasonable. I wanted to like her, mostly cause she's thick, but she wrestles at half speed and gets blown up 5mins into matches and she's one of like three women in GCW. She's like their defacto queen so she's on every fucking show. I just wish she would improve at all.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have only seen a couple Allie matches and they were not terrible. not great. Just okay. So still holding my judgment. Isn't she one half of the GCW tag champs with Effy?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Don’t forget Hook and Danhausen. Triple threat with them and Yuta with Excalibur commentating alone would make the Cornette rants sounds like a kitten meowing.
    Marko Stunt as special ref and Miro as special guest timekeeper with Donald doing a run in on the latter trying to ring the bell himself.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wish I’d come up with Donaldhausen earlier than now but eh hindsight 20/20 etc

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allie Katch vs. Dirty Dango from Effy's Big Gay Brunch was fun as hell but it was mostly comedy antics. Only other match of hers I've seen was against Kidd Bandit and it was good but that's maybe just because Kidd Bandit is awesome...?

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My least favorite person in wrestling right now is Charlotte Flair.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was just fixing her bra, give her a break!

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She makes my ears bleed when she's on the mic. I don't think she's as good as she says she is or they say she is. I think women like Sasha Banks, Bailey, and Asuka far outperform her, but hey, they're not Flairs.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She makes my ears bleed when she's on the mic. I don't think she's as good as she says she is or they say she is. I think women like Sasha Banks, Bailey, and Asuka far outperform her, but hey, they're not Flairs.
    It’s all subjective. If you find her annoying when she’s screaming and bragging then yeah she’s doing her job.

I do find sometimes tbf at times she has been overpushed but I would definitely say she is excellent and damned good athletic. At least top 3 in-ring wise if not more.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Have you seen some of the outfits she wears? Who okayed these? I dress better and I work in my underwear

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    As much as I love Becky, Bayley and Sasha, as well as some of the others, in-ring, I think Charlotte is number 1.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Them's fightin' words.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Charlotte is a bit overrated but still one of the best. I do feel like others are better in the ring. Charlotte is good on the mic though which does give her an edge over others. I would put others over her overall but I am not going to discount she can talk and she is a good worker so there is a reason beyond just the Flair name she is the champ or in the hunt all the time.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Free on Pluto TV, 11PM/10PM CST.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Might have to check that out.

Opted to not go to the show in town tonight. Thought about driving down back home to watch my friend wrestle but think I am going to just try to catch that show next month. One of Nash's favorite wrestlers is on the show each month and the booker or one of the bookers, Marko Stunt.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least he didn't have his nose bitten off by a Saigon whore.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Shit, I always considered Sami good but this is just awesome.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Charlotte is a bit overrated but still one of the best. I do feel like others are better in the ring. Charlotte is good on the mic though which does give her an edge over others. I would put others over her overall but I am not going to discount she can talk and she is a good worker so there is a reason beyond just the Flair name she is the champ or in the hunt all the time.
    Charlotte's definitely lived up to the name and then some imo. Her only real negative imo is that she sounds like Stephanie McMahon Jr on the mic. In terms of the total package it's hard to deny her that status of the best in the world. I know some Japanese purists will swoop in and name drop some women. Charlotte's someone I want to see go to Japan and fight the best they have to offer. We've seen Charlotte have incredible matches with Asuka, Kairi Hojo, Io Shirai, but those weren't Japanese style matches.

The crazy part is she could do this another 10 years I think. She could be the female Ric Flair, still winning gold at almost 50 which is almost unheard of in women's wrestling especially WWE.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The problem for me is Charlotte has been the same for the past, I don't know 10 years. At least Bayley, Becky, and Sasha switch it up.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well in fairness Charlotte tried to switch up with being besties with Becky and was a face and was supposed to stay a face while Becky did the heel turn. Well everyone boo'ed her and cheered Becky so back to what was working for her. Honestly can't blame her for that. It works honestly.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know this kind of thing is done but it's still funny seeing it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Colt Cabana is playing the Brooklyn Brawler on Young Rock.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

One of the podcasts he did he was talking about Kiernan Culkin chipping in some money for this wrestling promotion.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Will be more successful than CYN, but will barely be a blip on the radar.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as they don't hype it up as Freddie Prinze Jr's wrestling promotion it could be alright.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If they make Sarah Michelle Gellar GM I might tune in.

Or better yet, have Jennifer Love Hewitt vs. Ben Willis as the main event on the first show and I'll tune in.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a list of characters, angles, etc. that Freddie Prinze had a legit part in making happen and it working. It was so much easier in the 80's and 90's to find out who was doing what with the booking/writing. Vince, Pat, Bruce, Russo, that was pretty much it with the wrestlers giving their input. Freddie came along when there were about 15 "writers", Stephanie McMahon leading the charge because she failed at being one herself.

Watch he was probably the guy behind pushing Daniel Bryan and John Cena.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He seems like he loves wrestling and cares about it, but man, being a fan of wrestling doesn't mean you should be running your own promotion.

If I had the money to start my own promotion, I'd be out of business in a month because I'd fantasy book, but fantasy book about what I would want to see.

Tony Nese vs. Omos

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Back when I listed to Prichard's podcast he talked about his time in creative. Bruce said he couldn't remember anything specific that Prinze wrote or pushed for that happened. He said that doesn't mean he didn't contribute but there were a lot of writers back then throwing out a lot of stuff. Bruce said he just can't think of anything specific good or bad that Prinze came up with. So yeah who knows if he added anything big or not during his short time there.

I know he is a big fan and this is interesting and I would check it out because well I love pro wrestling and check out and watch a lot of stuff and at least give it a chance.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll check it out as long as he doesn't book Allie Katch.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember reading an interview with him like 2 years ago where he talked about his time in WWE and I'm pretty sure he mentioned some stories he had a part in or that he had suggested, but it was nothing remarkable as far as being notably good or bad. I think I specifically remember him mentioning ideas that didn't get used, but hell if I can remember where I read the interview or what he said.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found it:

https://www.gq.com/story/freddie-pri...ania-interview

Seems like the biggest thing he had a hand in was Jeff Hardy winning the title. The rest is pitched stuff that got shut down or him fantasy booking WrestleMania 32.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Might have to check that out.

Opted to not go to the show in town tonight. Thought about driving down back home to watch my friend wrestle but think I am going to just try to catch that show next month. One of Nash's favorite wrestlers is on the show each month and the booker or one of the bookers, Marko Stunt.
    Defy show is free to watch online now.
    https://defyondemand.vhx.tv/defynow-...ld-ones-replay

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cool because I ended up forgetting about it and I heard good things so want to watch it

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've seen clips of MJF talking, never seen him wrestle, but I really don't want him to end up in WWE, unless he gets a character change.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's your beef with his character?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    What's your beef with his character?
    Only guessing here but maybe the slight WWE jabs/in-jokes on his part are the problem.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Bert Are you going to the GCW show in July. Nick Gage, Warhorse, Dan the Dad and Delirious announced so far. I am on the fence to get a GA SRO ticket. Its at Pop's across the River where Fozzy is playing this Monday.

Glory Pro show next week will be streamed on Youtube again. I will be going with the kids.

As much as I would like to see Ospreay I am going to pass on Warrior Wrestling. Not a bad card though. I may run down to Cape to watch my friend wrestle instead.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestling at Pop's is pretty wild to me. I used to go there monthly for metal shows.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well if they are going to do a death match or anything no way the city actually lets them do that so across the river is not a bad choice but yeah Pop's where they do metal shows. Debated doing Fozzy on Monday. Never been there. I saw people in comments on facebook making cracks about being between 2 strip joints.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still refuse that there are people who go to see fozzy for the music.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I actually like their music. Not typically my kind of music but I enjoy them.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you aren't real

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Then why did I have to do jury duty last week. I could have gotten out of it dammit.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did what you were programmed to do. sad times.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sweet. Ethan Page is coming back to Glory Pro in July and going to be able to do meet and greets. Hoping Kingston is doing meet and greets this weekend at the show.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Any UKers going to the event in Cardiff? Got my tickets this morning. Well, my Mrs did, truth be told.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just listened to part 1 of the Paul London interview on Rene Dupree's podcast (incredible podcast btw) and it has taken back down the rabbit hole of Paul London interviews as well as going on the Peacock and watching old matches of his. I was a big fan of his and I really liked the tag-team with Kendrick.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I became a London fan when he started tagging with Kendrick who I am big fan of. Good talent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He always had this Keanu Reeves meets Brandon Lee kind of look and I was really impressed with the getting to see a newer face in the CW scene. But yeah that tag with Kendrick was so good. I've always been blown away that the WWE gave them that super long reign.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    For anyone interested Glory Pro Wrestling is streaming their show live on youtube this afternoon. https://www.youtube.com/c/GloryProLive

Show starts at 3pm and listed to go to 5pm. I will be there with the kids. Not as many outside names this show as the show at the Pageant that I went to. Eddie Kingston takes on Davey Richards. Rohit Raju and Jake Something former Impact people on the card. They are Glory Pro regulars. I am sure there are some other names other people recognize from Game Changer and the indies like Jordan Oliver but I am still learning about a bunch of people.

Team Ambition which is the school Richards helps run is doing tryouts this evening after the show at their school.

Ladder match today involving Dan the Dad. The deed to his house will be hanging above the ring and the winner between him and Kody Lane gets his house.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard nothing but bad things in the past about Davey Richards so hopefully his time away helped him realize he's not tough.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have seen a few matches now in recent months. Pretty good matches. His match with Suzuki last fall was good. Match last month putting the champ of Glory Pro over was pretty good and today's match against Kingston was good. Eddie won the match but afterwards put Richards over big pointing out the number of people he has trained over the years including people in WWE and AEW and how helpful he has always been to people in the locker room coming up and in the indies. He is one of the head trainers at a wrestling school here in St. Louis. He has said his days in the ring are coming to an end soon. I think he is putting people over more than he is going over. He is wrestling Ospreay next weekend in St. Louis on the Warrior Wrestling show. He is also booked for the GCW show in July here. I haven't heard a lot about him honestly. I know who he is and that he spent time in TNA and ROH and was Eddie Edwards tag partner for a long time.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure the best place to post this. Eric Rowan/Eric the Red appears in the new Amon Amarth video. I know he's a metal fan, but it's still kind of random. He's easy to spot and even uses his signature spinning back kick.