Page 224 of 245 FirstFirst ... 214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 22,301 to 22,400 of 24466

Thread: The VIP Thread

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you watch back Eddie vs Benoit at the first One Night Stand, it's really horrifying. Both guys just gassed to the gills and looking sluggish. Eddie in particular looks exhausted and just completely out of it. Benoit just looks broken down. It's horrible to watch back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    If you watch back Eddie vs Benoit at the first One Night Stand, it's really horrifying. Both guys just gassed to the gills and looking sluggish. Eddie in particular looks exhausted and just completely out of it. Benoit just looks broken down. It's horrible to watch back.
    Sad to think, people were expecting a 5-star classic and we got a real clunker that night.

And wasn't there some story about that match where Eddie wouldn't cooperate with what Benoit wanted to do and Benoit just tried to strong-arm Eddie into some stuff? Woof.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The period between the end of the Attitude era and the start of PG, while great in parts, was so fucking excessive thinking back to it, without the cultural significance giving it the benefit of the doubts. The unprotected chair shots, fire, gigantic blade jobs every PPV, all the women being presented terribly, weird religious overtones throughout, social issues like race, sexuality and misconduct being treated with zero tact, they even had a running suicide joke! Embarrassing looking back. Give me that 2011-2015 period any day.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Sad to think, people were expecting a 5-star classic and we got a real clunker that night.

And wasn't there some story about that match where Eddie wouldn't cooperate with what Benoit wanted to do and Benoit just tried to strong-arm Eddie into some stuff? Woof.
    Internet rumorz state that eddie was basically always letharic around this time period. When he couldn't "go" that night, Benoit apparently took it really rough on him in there. Again, rumorz.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    The period between the end of the Attitude era and the start of PG, while great in parts, was so fucking excessive thinking back to it, without the cultural significance giving it the benefit of the doubts. The unprotected chair shots, fire, gigantic blade jobs every PPV, all the women being presented terribly, weird religious overtones throughout, social issues like race, sexuality and misconduct being treated with zero tact, they even had a running suicide joke! Embarrassing looking back. Give me that 2011-2015 period any day.
    Remember when some combination of Shawn, Hunter, Batista, and/or Flair would blade at every single PPV?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys were bleeding out for no reason as they were so frequent you'd just be waiting for the blood. Trip pretty much cut an artery at Backlash 2006 I think it was. Some of them were just disgusting for such little artistic merit. Apples and oranges to a Shawn in the first Cell and Trip against Cactus at MSG.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I recall one Benoit match, it was a ladder match, possibly against Jericho, where there was an excessive amount of chair to head moments.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still miss blood in wrestling.

Guys who do it right and who get properly tested for Hep-C and whatever, always helped add to the drama or just gave a match a little extra excitement.

Now there's times, like the Eddie blade job at Judgment Day 2004, where things go a little too far. But hey, accidents happen. Sometimes guys gig themselves a little too deep.

"I said get a little color, kid."

I also think chair shots, or even any weapon shot to the head, are fine as long as the guy taking it and the guy giving it both know how to do it safely.

Also, also -- I've said my piece on here about how asexual 99% of the women in the WWE seem right now. Like WWE can't seem to figure out that you can do bikini shoots and videos and whatever with your talent as long as, when its "go" time in the ring, they're not wrestling in pudding and lingerie pillow fights. I know its not "PC" and it won't make the feminist wrestling Twitter SJW fans happy, but wrestling is still a product aimed primarily at young men, 18-35. And getting Lana Lashley to pose half-naked in a sexy polka dot bikini on her day off is what a lot of us want to see.

I know the WWE has "improved" in some ways. But there's stuff they never needed to "improve" on. Just regulate and recontextualize.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're able to do that on social media, aren't they? They're at their job as wrestlers, so they wrestle. 18-35 men have other options for their wanks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    They're able to do that on social media, aren't they? They're at their job as wrestlers, so they wrestle. 18-35 men have other options for their wanks.
    I've said it before:

Sports Illustrated, even in our current and enlightened year of 2020, still does a bikini issue every year.

WWE (or any other wrestling company, frankly) could do the same thing and nobody but the most annoying, persnickety feminists on Twatter would say "boo" about it.

WWE's girls skanking it up on Instagram is way different than an actual WWE promoted and published, once or twice a year, photo shoot and a WWE Network special video.

That's the difference.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not against it per se, it just seems kind of pointless. It would be teenage boy gateway wank fodder. There's plenty of other options for a tug.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE probably figures there'd be no money in it because It'd be redundant at this point. If they want to do it, they do it themselves now and it's all on their own social media. No need for WWE to make them do it anymore. Not sure what the difference is between a pic of Lana in a bikini on her Insta and a pic of Lana in a bikini on WWE.com or magazine. Hell, WWE.com does a 'Top 25 Instagrams Pics of the Week' that tend to feature them.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    WWE probably figures there'd be no money in it because It'd be redundant at this point. If they want to do it, they do it themselves now and it's all on their own social media. No need for WWE to make them do it anymore. Not sure what the difference is between a pic of Lana in a bikini on her Insta and a pic of Lana in a bikini on WWE.com or magazine. Hell, WWE.com does a 'Top 25 Instagrams Pics of the Week' that tend to feature them.
    The only argument I can make is that it centralizes the source and brings massive amounts of traffic to one specific spot. YES, there are ways around getting pics off websites and putting it elsewhere, nothing new, 25+ years we've been doing this. But for WWE, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have some exclusives. Sure we can do a superstar's social media, but that's only a factor because of the WWE's platform. The WWE are seriously missing out.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    So, Fiend and Braun at Extreme Rules is a non-title match. The fuck is that about?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Probably a way for Wyatt to get a win, so they are 1-1 heading into a rubber match for the title. It would save them from having to explain why Wyatt gets another shot at the title when he's lost twice. Then the Fiend wins at SummerSlam.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be a way to not have to have it be an actual match, but more like the Firefly Fun House or the Boneyard spectacle, heavily produced and edited. Since it is not live in front of a real crowd, they may be too tempted to digitally edit in the Fiend appearing like Deep Roy did, playing all the Oompa Loompas, coming in from every angle, and the Strowman Express will obliterate him several times...

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just caught that WWE is calling Extreme Rules "Extreme Rules: Horror Show" this year.

Obviously, given the logo and font, its trying to ripoff "American Horror Story".

But I still hope they use this tune to promote it...

"The rules are breakin', before they get written... and the blood from your hands got your grip slightly slippin'."

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know Horrorshow from A Clockwork Orange, meaning something good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just caught that WWE is calling Extreme Rules "Extreme Rules: Horror Show" this year.

Obviously, given the logo and font, its trying to ripoff "American Horror Story".

But I still hope they use this tune to promote it...

"The rules are breakin', before they get written... and the blood from your hands got your grip slightly slippin'."

Have you seen the logo and font for Extreme Rules "Horror Show"? It looks absolutely nothing like American Horror Story.....

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I know Horrorshow from A Clockwork Orange, meaning something good.
    Exactly what I thought of when I heard this. Seems to fit if the show is centered around Wyatt v. Strowman.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Wow, very, very similar!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can barely tell them apart.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything the WWE ripped off these bad ass motherfuckers:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will Smith wants his shirt back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d watch American Horror Story - Transforming Robot Aliens From Space.

I don’t know about you guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the September 28, 1998 Raw, when Vince was going to present the official WWE Title belt to Undertaker or Kane (the zamboni incident), why was the Winged Eagle belt in the glass case and not the Big Eagle belt?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So as I’m going through a nostalgia of my wrestling youth watching every Raw, Nitro and ppv by both, got me thinking what was the best matches from the In Your House events. On my list I’ve got;

Shawn Michaels vs Jeff Jarrett IC title match - IYH 2: The Lumberjacks

Bret Hart vs British Bulldog WHC match - IYH 5: Seasons Beatings (Hidden Gem this one)

Shawn Michaels vs Diesel WHC match - IYH 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies

Shawn Michaels vs Mankind WHC match - IYH 10: Mind Games

Steve Austin vs Hunter Hearst Helmsley - IYH 11: Buried Alive (Really good heel vs heel match)

Steve Austin vs Bret Hart vs Vader vs The Undertaker Vacant WHC match - IYH 13: Final Four

Ken Shamrock vs Vader - IYH 15: A Cold Day in Hell (Stiff match)

Hart Foundation 10 Man Tag - IYH 16: Canadian Stampede (one of my best ever ppv’s)

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker - IYH 18: Bad Blood

The Undertaker vs Kane Inferno match - IYH 21: Unforgiven

Ken Shamrock vs Owen Hart Dungeon match - IYH 23: Fully Loaded

The Rock vs Triple H IC title two-out-of-three falls match - IYH 23: Fully Loaded

The Rock vs Ken Shamrock vs Mankind - IYH 24: Breakdown

Steve Austin vs The Undertaker Buried Alive match - IYH 26: Rock Bottom

Steve Austin vs Mr. McMahon - IYH 27 St. Valentine’s Day Massacre

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm partial to the 8-Man Tag-Team match main event from No Way Out of Texas.

Yes, the one with Savio Vega as the world's least-interesting mystery partner.

Its still a fun garbage brawl with a lot of weapons and crazy shit, before every other show had that sort of thing.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there’s a lot of shit about Savio being the mystery partner and maybe in the minority here but given the circumstances they did well with what they could. Obviously he’s nowhere near a Shawn Michaels but Los Boricuas has been working with DX at the time plus Savio had early history with Austin and was sort of partially responsible kayfabe-wise responsible for the transition from Ringmaster to Stone Cold. He was the first guinea pig for the Stunner.

Being a Savio mark at the time, I’m happy that he got a once-in-a-lifetime PPV main event opportunity. He could have at least got a midcard or tag title win at the time.

Also would have taken Savio as KOTR 95 over the Taker face-smashing Mabel!

#hottake
    Last edited by Badger; July 3rd, 2020 at 2:46 PM.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I had a dream last night that it was the Royal rumble, and it was down to Big Show, Bo Dallas, and Bam Bam Bigelow. And the crowd was booing heavily because they knew Bo wasn't going to win, and Bam Bam wasn't because he's dead. And the crowd just didn't want to see Big Show win. big Show disposed of Bam Bam and Bo, but then Cult of Personality hits, and CM Punk comes out, but it's actually Wolverine. He yells it's clobbering time at Bam Bam and then runs to the ring and eliminates Big Show. However there is no reaction to anything CM Punk has done. He then gets on the mic and says everyone sucks and the crowd starts booing

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Wolverine would never say those things.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhh... dreams are weird.

Anyway... its July 4th and I know that's a big deal for some Americans. So... here's Eva Marie in an American Flag bikini.

Happy 4th, everybody!

... uh... when did Miss "All Red Everything" get the danger hair gimmick going?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first glance I thought to myself Sasha Banks looks really good in that picture.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhh... dreams are weird.

Anyway... its July 4th and I know that's a big deal for some Americans. So... here's Eva Marie in an American Flag bikini.

Happy 4th, everybody!

... uh... when did Miss "All Red Everything" get the danger hair gimmick going?
    Her hairs gonna fall out the amount of times she dyes her hair. Top bod though.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was 7 Jake Roberts let his snake bite Randy Savage and scared the shit out of me. 30 years later I’m doing DDP Yoga and Jake Roberts is front and center in the class as an example of how to modify the exercises. Strange world.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently there was some weird controversy surrounding Goldust's body temperature at WM in 2015.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Read on the main page about Taker and Big Show having a 40 minute match in France. I would love for that to turn up some day.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Read on the main page about Taker and Big Show having a 40 minute match in France. I would love for that to turn up some day.
    Curious to know when this happened. He said he lost to the gogoplata which means it had to have been after WM 20 at least because I don't think Taker was using it when they were a tag-team. This was probably during that time on Smackdown where they were feuding and it was a terrible feud.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I don't think I was watching at the time, but I do remember an awesome point in 08-09 when Taker beat Big Show and then Big Show got up, punked him, and then pounced to the back like the Kid in Honey I Blew Up the Kid. I thought of that as the moment Big Show became a "veteran" in his own right and I wouldn't be surprised if this match was from that era.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Shows best run was arguably 08-09 from the Mayweather match to the following Wrestlemania.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    I like it when WWE gets new authority figures that have no business being in power coming in
    Except this has never happened.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Vice? Way to counter a point thats probs a decade old lol.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is "Vice" supposed to mean something to me?
    As for "counter a point that's a decade old" we're still talking about Jesus Christ.
    Any more non-sequitur stuff you want to throw out there?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Jesus is still alive

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    As for "counter a point that's a decade old" we're still talking about Jesus Christ.
    I dunno why are you quoting a post from years ago you fucking nut.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's his gimmick now is to bring up old posts it seems

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jesus is God. Vice is a punk bitch that left here because he got his butt hurt.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    That's his gimmick now is to bring up old posts it seems
    You people are so one note/dimensional it's actually quite sad.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Only notice you ever get is by bringing up old comments.

Keep it up buddy! I'm proud of you!

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when Vice used to post

In pink? Or was it purple?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only notice you ever get is by bringing up old comments.

Keep it up buddy! I'm proud of you!
    No, actually you just respond to me every time I post, and in almost all of your posts you're whining about something.
    It makes sense that you think other people are posting to "get noticed" since that's obviously the only reason you post.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

I think it was purple?

Someone else had pink

- - - Updated - - -

No, actually the only time you respond to me is when I post, but in almost all of your posts you're whining about something.
    It makes sense that you think other people are posting to "get noticed" since that's obviously the only reason you post.
    you are adorable

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vice was purple. Me and Atty were pink.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are adorable
    Yes, you are. No, actually I'd go with the word pathetic. You notice how I posted an opinion that could have started a discussion, whereas you posted your usual whiny nonsense and destroyed any chance of that, again?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes, you are. No, actually I'd go with the word pathetic. You notice how I posted an opinion that could have started a discussion, whereas you posted your usual whiny nonsense and destroyed any chance of that, again?
    Greatest post ever. Give it up for this guy.

So good.

That's my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Vice was purple. Me and Atty were pink.
    I thought so

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did this guy ever become WWX Chairman?

I'll bet my old G.I. Joe action figure wrestling federation was booked better than the WWX.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greatest post ever. Give it up for this guy.

So good.

That's my opinion
    Good for you, we're all happy.
    Maybe next time stay out of my business. This is every time now.
    After this conversation, assume everything I say is to everyone but you unless I use your name specifically, since you assume every post is directed right at you and nobody else for whatever reason.

I'll bet my old G.I. Joe action figure wrestling federation was booked better than the WWX.
    What stupid nonsense are you on about?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Good for you, we're all happy.
    Maybe next time stay out of my business. This is every time now.
    After this conversation, assume everything I say is to everyone but you unless I use your name specifically, since you assume every post is directed right at you and nobody else for whatever reason.
    This is a message board, I'm allowed to respond, yes?

Oh wait, you are the overlord of this place now. I'm sorry my lord and savior

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to see how you booked haha

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a message board, I'm allowed to respond, yes?

Oh wait, you are the overlord of this place now. I'm sorry my lord and savior
    You shouldn't be. You're immature and act like it.
    Every time I see you post you're destroying discussion in favor of berating and belittling others precisely because you think every post requires your input.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    You shouldn't be. You're immature and act like it.
    Every time I see you post you're destroying discussion in favor of berating and belittling others precisely because you think every post requires your input.
    You are so right my friend.

I've given my input on every single post. I won't do that anymore.

Stay frosty buddy

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah your post history shows a bunch of threads that you had no business on, but jumped in anyway.
    Obviously nobody ever told you to only say nice things or nothing at all.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    I would be interested to see if it was even a mediocre match honestly

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be interested to see if it was even a mediocre match honestly
    Big Show hyping up the fact it took place in some kind of gladiatorial Colosseum makes it sound pretty epic.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Big Show hyping up the fact it took place in some kind of gladiatorial Colosseum makes it sound pretty epic.
    I would give it a shot

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Show's definitely been in the business for a while and you can tell. He managed to hype a 40-minute match between himself and Undertaker up to the point where we all want to see it.

And a few months ago, he talked so effusively in an interview about a 30-minute match he called a "classic" that he had with Jinder Mahal, that it actually made me want to see a 30-minute Jinder Mahal match.

Call it what you will, but Big Show's a worker.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I dunno why are you quoting a post from years ago you fucking nut.
    I used it to give my post context. The only "fucking nuts" here are you people who get so deranged about this sort of thing instead of talking like a fucking grown adult.

Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    Jesus is God. Lol, you say this as if everyone on the face of the planet is not arguing over it. Vice is a punk bitch that left here because he got his butt hurt.
    As for Vice, I would be interested to hear more of the story if people could tell it to me without being passive-aggressive or, worse yet, overly aggressive.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Don't respond to him. He's very sensitive!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't respond to him. He's very sensitive!!!
    No, you're just a condescending moron who has no idea how to properly have a good conversation. His post may have been a jab at me, but it wasn't that stupid trash that you do.

Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Nice man, I can appreciate a good reference. Even if it is sarcastic.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    uh oh

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    No, you're just a condescending moron who has no idea how to properly have a good conversation.

Nice man, I can appreciate a good reference. Even if it is sarcastic.
    You're right. Let me just quote a post from 11 years ago to make you feel better, give me a sec

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    I banned him once.
    hey, another Vice post for you buddy!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right. Let me just quote a post from 11 years ago to make you feel better, give me a sec
    It's also ironic that you think I'm sensitive, when you're the one taking my initial post as a personal attack on you. As I said before, you think every time I post anything at all it's a response to something you said or did. Fascinating how vain you are.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's also ironic that you think I'm sensitive, when you're the one taking my initial post as a personal attack on you. As I said before, you think every time I post anything at all it's a response to something you said or did. Fascinating how vain you are.
    I honestly don't care. You can be as personal as you want, I'm just fucking with you at this point.

Yes, every one of your posts just gets me going baby, keep posting my love

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly don't care. You can be as personal as you want, I'm just fucking with you at this point.

Yes, every one of your posts just gets me going baby, keep posting my love
    Claims the guy harboring a two-month old grudge and keeps going back to the well with the same point. I know you claim to be "fucking with me", but it's obvious you just think you're hilarious and are only doing this to make yourself laugh. Maybe other people find you funny too, but if they were really reading this they would see you're just sad. Also that's the thing, that's my whole point, I wasn't being personal. You just decided to come in uninvited and make this a personal thing. You're the one who has a personal grudge. If you truly "didn't care", you would have shut up by now because you have no point and you're making yourself look like a bigger fool with each post.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have no grudge at all. You are just mad that I called out you quoting a ten year old post after also replying to a thread that went a while without a response in the debate.

Facts.

You have your weird conspiracy, which is cute buddy. Got me moving you more bud, keep it up. You are the one crying here.

If I were so obsessive as you say I'd better get to responding to your other posts so give me a sec.

Also want to bring up this "2 month old" grade included me being willing to argue my point with you in the debate thread. So you must be forgetting how things went down because you're crying so hard here

It's okay, I'll offer my shoulder for you buddy
    Last edited by kdestiny; July 11th, 2020 at 2:39 AM.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This dude is still doing this?

He’ll be quoting Ace Rockola next.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThE_GrEaT_GaM View Post
    Abdulah The Butcher's Patented Fork attack.....just ask or better yet look at Carlos Colon's forehead
    Really, if they ever tested for Hep-B back in Abby's day, he never would have had a career.

His longevity is pretty astounding, though. But all he ever did was gig guys with a fork...

.... err... sorry... you caught me responding to a post from *Checks Date* 2013.

All the cool kids are doing it.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuoteTheRaven View Post
    They don't even have to be almost naked. Viscera's finishing move was to push his opponent's shit in so far it would pool in his shoulders and he'd be unable to kick out.
    Never more.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Badger, you thinking you can bring ace rockola back like the hacksaw reappearance?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't Vice gone when you made your account?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    @Badger, you thinking you can bring ace rockola back like the hacksaw reappearance?
    I’d need some Chemical X and a Powerpuff Girls costume for that feat.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Wasn't Vice gone when you made your account?

I've been lurking for a long time.

I found the Oratory back in the day and used to read episode reviews and articles and stuff. And I lurked the boards, just to see what was what. Then I stumbled on that Cewsh dude's podcast on Youtube, looking for some wrestling stuff to listen to, and eventually I found this place again because of that. Hadn't thought about it in forever. But I finally decided to make an account.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except this has never happened.
    For one it's super odd you were looking at posts from 10 years ago.

For two, despite his old ass post, he has a point. What business did Corbin have being GM? What credentials did Mike Adamle have? How about Kurt Angle when he was GM of Smackdown? Or Teddy Long, the guy was a ref and a halfway decent manager, not exactly the resume you'd want running a brand.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE has been obsessed until a couple of years ago on trying to recreate the magic of Vince/Austin by always having authority figures.

Thankfully after 20 years they have seem to have figured out that you cannot replicate that.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    For one it's super odd you were looking at posts from 10 years ago. For one why even whine about this? What's "super odd" is that you really took time out of your day to purposely work yourself into a heatstroke over something that you literally could have just ignored and gone on to make the following point. You're the one putting yourself at risk for an aneurysm, not very intelligent to my way of thinking.

For two, despite his old ass post, he has a point. What business did Corbin have being GM? What credentials did Mike Adamle have? How about Kurt Angle when he was GM of Smackdown? Or Teddy Long, the guy was a ref and a halfway decent manager, not exactly the resume you'd want running a brand.
    For two, I disagree. He may have a point, but it's more or less subjective. The GM position is a token role, it can be filled by anybody, I mean they had an anonymous laptop do the job for years; clearly no experience is necessary for such a filler role. Why are you talking about credentials? The role is the same as any other managerial role, I mean what experience do people who manage wrestlers have? You mean not exactly the resume you would want running a brand. WWE would never do anything, or any wrestling company for that matter, if they worried about trying to please every single fan.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For two, I disagree. He may have a point, but it's more or less subjective. The GM position is a token role, it can be filled by anybody, I mean they had an anonymous laptop do the job for years; clearly no experience is necessary for such a filler role. Why are you talking about credentials? The role is the same as any other managerial role, I mean what experience do people who manage wrestlers have? You mean not exactly the resume you would want running a brand. WWE would never do anything, or any wrestling company for that matter, if they worried about trying to please every single fan.
    Well I don't think Vice was literally saying someone like Mike Adamle should have legit GM experience for a pro baseball team or anything like that lol. I think in general there are kayfabe qualifications that you can go "Ok I get it"

And yes, it's odd you went and dug up a 10 year old post. This is a message board, where sensitive vaginas have no place if they can't handle someone pointing out their odd behavior. Happens to me all the time. Instead you post in every thread some bullshit negativity and don't even contribute, you just pop off at the fingertips.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what I was saying was if you feel that way fine, but it's not something I'm going to get hung up on. It's a fictional mouthpiece position that would not change much at all if they subbed in someone else.

Whether you think it's odd or not isn't really the point. Keep that to yourself, by constantly complaining about it you're derailing what could have been an engaging discussion because you feel like being a jerk. No, actually the "sensitive vagina" thing in this scenario is what you're doing. You can't handle it so much that you have to constantly talk about it and seriously act like you're making any sense for doing so. I'm sure it does happen to you all the time because you clearly start non-issues and provoke people for no other reason than obviously to get a reaction out of them. No, man, that's what you're doing, I'm contributing while you're "popping off at the fingertips" and doing some gatekeeping thing where you actually think you own the forums and can tell other people how to post. YOU are the negative one, I hate to be the one to point that out to you, but you really need to learn how much of a hypocrite and just flat out incorrect you are about basically everything you have said up until now.

Notice how all of my posts after my initial one are calling you out on YOUR nonsense. You even started having a rational conversation about the topic at hand, but still ended up posting more about how you're a "sensitive vagina". Which has resulted in me posting more about that instead of what I wanted to talk about in the first place. The fact that you even say it "happens to [you] all the time" should be a wakeup call, seriously.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what I was saying was if you feel that way fine, but it's not something I'm going to get hung up on. It's a fictional mouthpiece position that would not change much at all if they subbed in someone else.

Whether you think it's odd or not isn't really the point. Keep that to yourself, by constantly complaining about it you're derailing what could have been an engaging discussion because you feel like being a jerk. No, actually the "sensitive vagina" thing in this scenario is what you're doing. You can't handle it so much that you have to constantly talk about it and seriously act like you're making any sense for doing so. I'm sure it does happen to you all the time because you clearly start non-issues and provoke people for no other reason than obviously to get a reaction out of them. No, man, that's what you're doing, I'm contributing while you're "popping off at the fingertips" and doing some gatekeeping thing where you actually think you own the forums and can tell other people how to post. YOU are the negative one, I hate to be the one to point that out to you, but you really need to learn how much of a hypocrite and just flat out incorrect you are about basically everything you have said up until now.

Notice how all of my posts after my initial one are calling you out on YOUR nonsense. You even started having a rational conversation about the topic at hand, but still ended up posting more about how you're a "sensitive vagina". Which has resulted in me posting more about that instead of what I wanted to talk about in the first place. The fact that you even say it "happens to [you] all the time" should be a wakeup call, seriously.
    If your fragile vagina can't handle colorful commentary in response to some stupid shit you're saying then I guess this isn't the place for you. And by place I mean Planet Earth.

You pull a post from 10 years ago (still weird) and lie by saying (in response to Vice) that "it never happened". Of course it happened.

I'm not telling anyone how to post, I'm giving my opinion, my opinion is stop being a pussy.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After watching my wife give birth to two kids...I don’t know why pussy is used as a word to imply weakness.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your fragile vagina can't handle colorful commentary in response to some stupid shit you're saying then I guess this isn't the place for you. And by place I mean Planet Earth.

You pull a post from 10 years ago (still weird) and lie by saying (in response to Vice) that "it never happened". Of course it happened.

I'm not telling anyone how to post, I'm giving my opinion, my opinion is stop being a pussy.
    You honestly think you’re making valid points, that’s either sad or truly endearing. If by “colorful commentary” you mean your swearing and, by all accounts, losing control over your emotions, I can assure you I’m handling it far better than you are. If you can’t handle being proven wrong every time you post, then maybe this isn’t the place for you, and by place I mean anywhere I am just so you weren’t confused.

No, it never happened. That’s why I said that. Also, how convenient that now you all of a sudden claim “it’s a lie”, why wasn’t that your first post if you felt that way?

Your opinion no longer carries any weight since you’ve proven you’re far too emotional to make any sense. The only one who can’t handle things is you. That’s why you aren’t even responding to everything I’m saying. You know you have no argument and are just using the same phrases over and over again because they make you feel like a big man. Calm down.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    After watching my wife give birth to two kids...I don’t know why pussy is used as a word to imply weakness.
    Joy of the English language, multiple meanings that don't necessarily need overthinking lol. Especially in this case because yes, the pussy in your case, super durable lol. In my case, moreso the flower. IDK Man it's not the time for this deep dive into pussy when yours truly is void of any!

You honestly think you’re making valid points, that’s either sad or truly endearing. If by “colorful commentary” you mean your swearing and, by all accounts, losing control over your emotions, I can assure you I’m handling it far better than you are. If you can’t handle being proven wrong every time you post, then maybe this isn’t the place for you, and by place I mean anywhere I am just so you weren’t confused.

No, it never happened. That’s why I said that. Also, how convenient that now you all of a sudden claim “it’s a lie”, why wasn’t that your first post if you felt that way?

Your opinion no longer carries any weight since you’ve proven you’re far too emotional to make any sense. The only one who can’t handle things is you. That’s why you aren’t even responding to everything I’m saying. You know you have no argument and are just using the same phrases over and over again because they make you feel like a big man. Calm down.
    The weird thing is you're basically repeating exactly what I initially say toward you lol. You change up a few words but it's literally the same post.....

My first post in response to your comment saying it never happened gave you several examples and you even responded to it but not really addressing anything that supported your reply to Vice's 10 year old post. What "never happened"? They never gave the GM positions to people who made no sense in that role? That's ridiculous. If your sensitive skin is offended then so be it but go back and read that post and explain to me how a guy like Coach or Brad Maddox has clout to be the GM other than ass kissing and NXT sextapes on their resume?

I've set a timer for 7-14-2030 @ 1:47pm for your response Mr. Chairman, sir.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first post in response to your comment saying it never happened gave you several examples and you even responded to it but not really addressing anything that supported your reply to Vice's 10 year old post. What "never happened"? They never gave the GM positions to people who made no sense in that role? That's ridiculous. If your sensitive skin is offended then so be it but go back and read that post and explain to me how a guy like Coach or Brad Maddox has clout to be the GM other than ass kissing and NXT sextapes on their resume?
    That's because as I said, you uselessly wasted both of our time and effort by whining and pretending like you were making a point worth listening to, but it was obvious you were just trying to make yourself laugh (and are continuing to do so). We could have been deep in this conversation already but I had to spend so much unnecessary time wading through your bullshit to get here, and it looks like you still want to do that and are only begrudgingly actually posting real content. It's hilarious how you're actually choosing to continue being pathetic when I keep destroying everything you post. Well done, genius move. But, regardless, that isn't even true, I responded to it with a full paragraph explaining my position in detail, you just chose to ignore it like it isn't literally right there for you to go back and read.

What Vice said just never happened. Mike Adamle was an ECW commentator before being named GM. The point is just because you whined and complained about the appointment does not mean they "made no sense in the role". See, this is what I mean, even when I pull teeth and get some conversation out of you you still go back to being an overgrown baby. I have zero idea why you keep going back to this "sensitive skin" garbage when you have nothing to support that statement. The only one literally being a pathetic, whiny, child who has no idea what he's talking about is you, and I will continue to prove that in every single post if you honestly make me.

Coach was GM because he was by Vince's side a lot. Some of it may have been "ass kissing", but he also sees and learns a lot by being with the boss that much. It's exactly the same reasoning for Maddox as he was Vickie Guerrero's assistant when she was GM.
    Last edited by WWXChairman; July 14th, 2020 at 3:05 PM.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's because as I said, you uselessly wasted both of our time and effort by whining and pretending like you were making a point worth listening to, but it was obvious you were just trying to make yourself laugh (and are continuing to do so). We could have been deep in this conversation already but I had to spend so much unnecessary time wading through your bullshit to get here, and it looks like you still want to do that and are only begrudgingly actually posting real content. It's hilarious how you're actually choosing to continue being pathetic when I keep destroying everything you post. Well done, genius move. But, regardless, that isn't even true, I responded to it with a full paragraph explaining my position in detail, you just chose to ignore it like it isn't literally right there for you to go back and read.

What Vice said just never happened. Mike Adamle was an ECW commentator before being named GM. The point is just because you whined and complained about the appointment does not mean they "made no sense in the role". See, this is what I mean, even when I pull teeth and get some conversation out of you you still go back to being an overgrown baby. I have zero idea why you keep going back to this "sensitive skin" garbage when you have nothing to support that statement. The only one literally being a pathetic, whiny, child who has no idea what he's talking about is you, and I will continue to prove that in every single post if you honestly make me.

Coach was GM because he was by Vince's side a lot. Some of it may have been "ass kissing", but he also sees and learns a lot by being with the boss that much. It's exactly the same reasoning for Maddox as he was Vickie Guerrero's assistant when she was GM.
    Welcome to posting with Nash Diesel buddy. Do you know he drives the most traffic on the site?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I'm still trying to get to know the other users here.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knowing Vice I would imagine his post was very tongue in cheek and not meant to be taken literal even by kayfabe standards. Coming at a from a kayfabe POV, it's even worse to give it to someone like Brad Maddox or Mike Adamle. But I guess in reality it worked for Bischoff.

Oh trust me, I welcome the idea of someone following me around and telling me how little I matter, or how much I complain....it's very poetic. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Welcome to posting with Nash Diesel buddy. Do you know he drives the most traffic on the site?
    He does now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knowing Vice I would imagine his post was very tongue in cheek and not meant to be taken literal even by kayfabe standards. Coming at a from a kayfabe POV, it's even worse to give it to someone like Brad Maddox or Mike Adamle. But I guess in reality it worked for Bischoff.

Oh trust me, I welcome the idea of someone following me around and telling me how little I matter, or how much I complain....it's very poetic. See below.
    I don't know Vice. That's kind of my reasoning. I wasn't around when Vice first posted that so I didn't get to weigh in on the discussion at the time. As I said, I personally don't really care who the GM is, but of course it makes sense for fans to want it to be somebody who you can see why they're there. But, at the same time it also makes sense to have somebody whose a bit more incompetent in the role at times so you can write that in to storylines if you're so inclined.

No, of course I wouldn't follow you all over the boards or anything like that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know Vice. That's kind of my reasoning. I wasn't around when Vice first posted that so I didn't get to weigh in on the discussion at the time. As I said, I personally don't really care who the GM is, but of course it makes sense for fans to want it to be somebody who you can see why they're there. But, at the same time it also makes sense to have somebody whose a bit more incompetent in the role at times so you can write that in to storylines if you're so inclined.

No, of course I wouldn't follow you all over the boards or anything like that.
    But you can't respond and say "That never happened" when you yourself are giving examples of people who in comparison to others are not exactly qualified. I can understand Sgt Slaughter, Monsoon, Tunney, Piper, fuck who else? Foley, Bischoff, Flair, Shane, Steph, even Angle. Former wrestlers, promoters, people in the business who know how it ALL works not just what fans like us see.

Simply put there are levels to this shit and if you're going to put a guy like Corbin in a GM role, don't be surprised when the show sucks and you go out on TV and literally say "The reason the ratings are in the tank is because of you Corbin, you're no longer GM" Well, what did they expect?

I know that whole thing sounds odd but we're speaking inside the bubble of pro wrestling so it makes sense, like explaining people who are presented in movies a certain way that you know doesn't make sense. Why? Because that person or people in that role have been presented as "less than" for a role like a GM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I can. "Not exactly qualified" isn't the same as having no business being there. At this point we're arguing preference not what really happened in kayfabe or in real life. Also, look at this long list you have, it really doesn't matter if in comparison 1 or 2 people who had relatively short tenures anyway weren't as qualified. Moreover, as I've been saying they're just figureheads they didn't really have any real power.

That most likely sounds like it was just a storyline. Again whether or not the show was really bad is another preference argument, I'm sure there were people who loved Corbin as GM. My point was simply that they have never put anyone in the GM position who had absolutely no affiliation with the wrestling business beforehand, when they do that then what Vice said will be correct regarding that particular person. Not every GM is going to be equal, and there isn't exactly a set resume that a GM needs to have in order to be considered for the role anyway.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I can. "Not exactly qualified" isn't the same as having no business being there. At this point we're arguing preference not what really happened in kayfabe or in real life. Also, look at this long list you have, it really doesn't matter if in comparison 1 or 2 people who had relatively short tenures anyway weren't as qualified. Moreover, as I've been saying they're just figureheads they didn't really have any real power.

That most likely sounds like it was just a storyline. Again whether or not the show was really bad is another preference argument, I'm sure there were people who loved Corbin as GM. My point was simply that they have never put anyone in the GM position who had absolutely no affiliation with the wrestling business beforehand, when they do that then what Vice said will be correct regarding that particular person. Not every GM is going to be equal, and there isn't exactly a set resume that a GM needs to have in order to be considered for the role anyway.
    They used to do it with celebrities every week for a time. They were “guests hosts” but still the same thing really as they had the same power and authority as a GM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Vice was purple. Cant believe you assholes forgot.
    @Atty posted in pink